8.1

1. hudnolt
    May 2, 2009
    i never played the first one, i loved both movies and now the games. riddick is easily the coolest character in any movie or game. escape from butcher bay id give a 9.5/10 and athena 10/10 campain was easily the best campain ive ever played and butcher bay was a close second. Yes the multiplayer did suck but i didnt buy this game for that.
  2. PatrickR
    Apr 21, 2009
    I liked (I didnt LOVE) 'Pitch Black'. I hated (HATED) 'The Chronicals of Riddick'. 'Escape from Butcher Bay' Is THE exception to the rule. Not only is it a movie licensed game thats actually better than the movies it's based on, but its downright amazing, especially back when it first released. So here we are, 5 years later. Honestly, i would have bought I liked (I didnt LOVE) 'Pitch Black'. I hated (HATED) 'The Chronicals of Riddick'. 'Escape from Butcher Bay' Is THE exception to the rule. Not only is it a movie licensed game thats actually better than the movies it's based on, but its downright amazing, especially back when it first released. So here we are, 5 years later. Honestly, i would have bought "Assualt" alone, based soley on it being a sequal to one of the best games i've ever played.... but i would have been disapointed. 'Assault' really feels more like an expansion than anything else. Same controls and basic gameplay with very little changes or innovations, in fact its overall worse than the original... but the fact that they packaged the original makes alll the difference. amazing game then, amazing game now, and just because 'Assault' cant live up to the first in no way makes this a bad game. I give Butcher Bay a 10, Assault an 8, over all package an 18 out of 10. Expand
  3. Sep 11, 2011
    Though the Riddick films are so under appreciated (it's a crime) I speak for real si-fi fans when I say that the Riddick series (video games included) is one of the greatest series of its genre.
  4. JeremyR.
    Apr 8, 2009
    Excellent remake of Butcher Bay,with Dark Athena this is an awesome game
  5. KevinO
    Apr 10, 2009
    First off I was someone who bought this game because it included EFBB and I could see why someone who had played the original might be a bit disappointed with the whole package. However if you are like me and hadnt played the original before i cant strongly recommend this game enough just to play Butcher Bay because it's worth it by itself. Most reviewers will point to the Dark First off I was someone who bought this game because it included EFBB and I could see why someone who had played the original might be a bit disappointed with the whole package. However if you are like me and hadnt played the original before i cant strongly recommend this game enough just to play Butcher Bay because it's worth it by itself. Most reviewers will point to the Dark Athena campaign as a major flaw here but really one should look at it as a bonus that comes with EFBB. And in all honesty the first 2/3 of the Dark Athena campaign is as good as the original and only in the last third does it fall short...albeit extremely short. Both are not incredibly long (maybe 12 hours each if you really plod through) but along with multiplayer this game should seriously be considered if you havent played the original Escape from Butcher Bay. Expand
  6. ColynB.
    Apr 8, 2009
    A very well done remake, as well as an excellent addition. This game is very challenging, very original, and just overall very good.
  7. NathanL.
    Apr 9, 2009
    The Good: Great fusion of stealth, melee combat, shooting, platforming, and storytelling. Two really good games in one package. The Bad: The black spots that popped up on character models in the original Butcher Bay are still present in this remastered version, lackluster multiplayer, enemies that are a bit too accurate with a gun. The Ugly: Spider drones.
  8. Oct 29, 2012
    You can't go wrong picking up Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena. While you might feel a little shorted on the single-player story for Dark Athena, your mood will soon improve when you realize that you can just boot up Butcher Bay and relive that experience. Getting two games for the price of one is something that you shouldn't pass up. Just steer clear of the multiplayer and itYou can't go wrong picking up Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena. While you might feel a little shorted on the single-player story for Dark Athena, your mood will soon improve when you realize that you can just boot up Butcher Bay and relive that experience. Getting two games for the price of one is something that you shouldn't pass up. Just steer clear of the multiplayer and it should be an enjoyable experience. Expand
  9. NancyBoop
    Apr 19, 2009
    The signature Species of the Southern Hemisphere (Antarctica) - the mascot if you will - is the penguin. There are not one and no fewer than seventeen species of penguins. Penguins are flightless birds in which several factors are contributing to the reduction of the penguin population. These contributing factors are both man-made and naturally occurring.
  10. Mar 16, 2016
    safdsadfsadadfadfdsafadsdsafasdsaffdsadfsafdsafdsafdsafdsadfsadfdsafdsafdsafdsafdasfdsadffdsadfsdfsafdsafdsfdasfdsafdsfdsafdsdfsafdsafdsafdsadfsadfsafdsdsa
  11. Jun 27, 2013
    Escape from butcher bay is a flawed but mightily impressive masterpiece filled with gritty action, near atmospheric perfection, and storytelling as complex as anything you'll find in the gaming world. It was one of the best shooters I've ever played. Its sequel on the other hand is perhaps barely above average. It starts out on par with Butcher Bay, but eventually the quality drops, andEscape from butcher bay is a flawed but mightily impressive masterpiece filled with gritty action, near atmospheric perfection, and storytelling as complex as anything you'll find in the gaming world. It was one of the best shooters I've ever played. Its sequel on the other hand is perhaps barely above average. It starts out on par with Butcher Bay, but eventually the quality drops, and by the time you leave the ship the only things it continues doing exceptionally are visual aspects. It's not bad but don't expect it to stand up to Butcher Bay, which did have some issues with backtracking, but remained a great game overall. Buy the package anyways and get a classic and a passable sequel for the price of one. Come to think of it, the price is only like $12.00 now. Expand
  12. Apr 19, 2013
    Two for the price of one. Anyone who's into FPS/Stealth type gaming needs to pick this up. It is a thuroughly enjoyable experience and a hidden gem on the 360. Gameplay is fantastic and while the stories might lack somewhat in intensity the voice acting of the narrative that IS there is brilliant. Vin Diesel and Lance Henriksen among many others delivers great performances.

The only

The only thing that bugged me a little was the steep field of view. I got somewhat used to it eventually but there needs to be a slider for a setting like that.

All in all a GREAT title and well worth the measly few bucks it costs these days.
  13. Jun 1, 2013
    Both films are great and the video games are just as good! This one was a bit more "action" than "stealth", but I had fun playing Dark Athena and the makeover of Escape from Butcher Bay! 'Assault on Dark Athena' isn't better than 'Escape from Butcher Bay', but it's a great sequel non-the less.

1. There's plenty to be getting excited about, despite a slight lack of originality and visual finesse. Make no mistake, Dark Athena is first class stealth/action game with a double dose of top-notch entertainment that competently unites elements of "Mirror's Edge" and the "Splinter Cell" series. [Mar 2009, p.84]
  2. Xbox World 360 Magazine UK
    Despite the name on the box, AODA's latter half makes it a supporting act to Butcher's Bay's main attraction. It doesn't matter how many triple twists and double somersaults a gymnast pulls if he smashes his face on the landing, and AODA crash lands pretty bloody hard. Fortunately, it's a broken nose limited to a small part of a packed box. [Apr 2009, p.82]
  3. The allure of this package is irresistible. [May 2009, p.70]