8.1

1. Jun 28, 2012
    This game has a great storyline and there are two of them which makes it even a better experience there is coop storyline which is a new feature also which is a plus there are also many challenge modes such as arcade and the dish challenge mode this game also isnt as hard as the last one but its still hard and the story is more in depth in this one the art style is improved and there are over 10 unique weapons to kill people with everything is improved in this game and this is probably the best arcade game on the market buy this! Expand
  2. Jun 3, 2011
    This game is awesome. VS has tight control, plenty of action, original weaponry, a great soundtrack, and oh-so-gruesome blood spatter that just won't quit. After a quick princess run to familiarize myself with some of the combos I stepped it up a few notches and found much more of a challenge than I expected. I was actually quite frustrated at times..but couldn't have enjoyed the game so much otherwise. There is definitely something here for all gamers..be they pink fluffy bunnies or hardcore throat-ripping mental patients. Expand
  3. Apr 23, 2011
    BLEEP BLOOPE I HAVE SO MANY ACHIEVABLES yes you do vampire smile yes you do u shower me in claret and look good doing it you scream heavy metal vibes at me witch turns me on if not most people.
  4. Apr 9, 2011
    Video Game Talk obviously barely played this game. Id be suprised if Nick Hartel played anything other than "Normal" difficulty which is basically Easy mode. 2 hours for the campaign? It takes a lot longer if youre on the right setting for you. He clearly didnt even brush the 50 levels of Arcade mode or the intense Dishwasher challenge mode. There are 2 single player story lines to run through and you can also run through the co op campaign and arcade levels with a friend off and online in co op. You can tell he didnt even try Pretty Princess difficulty either as he was definitely not pleased. Even if a reviewer doesnt fully like a game its their job and I wont trust one who hasnt even tried challenging himself with the difficulty or touched more than 1 mode in single and co op play.

So far for me this is absolutely not only my game of the year but one of the best games you will get your hands on. Sure it takes getting used to but it is challenging, intense and fun to play with some really original weapons, a story which is really coming together over the past 2 games, some great modes and lots of hidden secrets. I dont care about achievements but it also has an achievement which is so genius it is the only one I have ever cared about earning.
  5. Apr 22, 2011
    I really love the combat and the visual style, but it gets soo repetitive. Plus, the two campaigns are nearly identical. Co-op is also really hard to keep track of.
  6. Jun 15, 2011
    Um game de ação frenetica e que deve ser jogado por todos que possuem um xbox 360! Diverssão garantida!! Outra coisa que vale a pena lembrar, é que depois que se finaliza o game, você pode jogar com outro personagem diferente. Outra coisa que achei bacana é o Multiplayer online.
  7. Apr 9, 2011
    This game was amazing! The controls are nice and tight, and it's incredibly playable - frustrating at times, but that just makes it so much more satisfying when you finally get past a hard part. The action was very fast paced, but that just meant I wasn't able to put it down for a good four hours. The art style is very much a matter of personal taste, but it was satisfying to me. I do not regret buying this game, and if you like very action-y hack-'n-slash games, I highly recommend this one. Expand
  8. Apr 14, 2011
    This game is ridiculously close to perfect. I could basically end my review there!
    First of all, i have to mention that Vampire Smile was created by one person and one person only. James Silva is an absolute genius and deserves an enormous amount of praise. This is why i love arcade games so much. It is clear from the beginning that Silva has put a huge amount of effort, time and
    dedication into this masterpiece and it is all well spent. The art style in this game blows me away. It's not for everyone i will admit but the gruesome, Gothic, dark style implemented does wonders for the hack and slash genre and should be used much more often. This style also works extremely well within the 'cutscenes' told through comic-book styled text and images. The game would actually suffer if cutscenes were included due to the small amount of man-power, but once again the lack of voice and use of text/images work extremely well with not only the game itself, but also with it's genre. The soundtrack is also mesmerizing. It includes some very creepy under tones to the stillness of some of the levels, but also knows exactly when to amp up the excitement. Unlike games such as tombraider, the music isn't used to scare or alert you of danger. It cuts in exactly at the point of enemy spawns and works so well with the chaotic action on screen. The soundtrack is used to background everything else but is clearly something that was taken care of very delicately. A soundtrack is never something i usually notice within games or movies so the fact that this stands out to me personally, really shows its excellence. Vampire Smile gives players a completely unique style of gameplay. Although it follows the hack and slash genre, so there's not much that's new, but it does implement some great new mechanics. The evade maneuver being the most noticeable. Being able to dodge out of the way within an instant of an enemies attack and then within that instant, dodge right back in and begin attacking is very satisfying. Also the fact that the evade can be constantly performed and allows players to practically fly into the air, quickly switch to a stronger weapon and then come flying down screen to deliver a very powerful attack. I would say that this mechanic makes this game so unique and makes it so enjoyable. I came so close to rating this game 10/10, but couldn't do it as there are some minor problems. Firstly, the controls. Although they are fantastic and feel so fluid. The evade (which is the most used mechanic) is controlled by the right stick and often becomes frustrating to switch from attack to evade, when both are used so frequently. My second problem with Vampire Smile is the online. Although playing with a partner sounds very enjoyable, from what i've experience, it's no different than the single player. I have yet to have any communication with any of my co-op partners so it's lead me to believe that there is no way to talk to your partner. This just makes the experience feel like the single player but with an AI tagging along.

So as i said at the beginning, this came is so close to perfect. Only a few, very minor problems lowered its score and those are very, very easily ignored.

My final point here is that if you don't have the game or are thinking about getting it. What are you doing? BUY IT!

DTFTW
  9. Apr 6, 2011
    Buckets and buckets of blood! This is one of the most violent and easy to control action platformers that I've ever played. As a sequel to a game I've never played, I was lost trying to figure out what was going on, but the easy combos, variety of sick weapons, magic, simple controls, wide enemy and boss variety, and energetic metal music kept me wanting to play through each level. It was one of those games where you see the over the top violence and you try to see what else there is you can do to your foes. Yuki by far is the most fun to play and her nightmarish story eventually grips you in trying to find out why the freakish sequences keep interrupting the gameplay. Also her combos and finishers just sound and look more savage than The Dishwasher's.

Anywho, this game has Devil May Cry/God of War style action in a 2D platformer has enough difficulty and modes and items to keep you busy for a quick spell of bloody vengence. Lots and lots of fun. Played through one campaign in a couple of hours and had numb-thumb I was tappin the controller so much. Mashin' away just watchin Yuki "The Destroyer" rip off heads, cleave enemies in two with a bionic chainsaw arm, knaw their faces off, shred limbs, and just plain fill the screen with blood. All of this coupled with a really unique, gritty, and at times blurry art style that keeps things simply yet somehow graphically pleasing. This is definitely an enjoyable game that is worth the $10. Kinda hard to imagine that a one man studio actually did it! Way to go James Silva!
  10. Apr 6, 2011
    The game is like taking part in a ballet, the battles like the most beautiful dance. The control is just *PERFECT* - not for a long while have i played a game where i have felt in control so finely. The game itself is amazing, keeps shocking you - and challenging you - so very hard - but never unfair.

The graphics, while not very high resolution have an amazing charm about them,
    everything is so very atmospheric. The music just rocks, sometimes full metal, sometimes almost xtal method in style.

Overall, this is a perfect package - it takes everything that was awesome about the first game - and makes it 10x better. If you dont own this, you are doing your xbox a disservice.

1. Aug 7, 2011
    Even with its few faults, this title serves as a shining example of its genre, and I wish game companies would make more of this type of game.
  2. Jun 4, 2011
    A toxic treat. [July 2011, p.87]
    Consistently slick in almost every regard: animation, level design, and combat. Stylish and memorable. [July 2011, p.119]