8.7

1. Dec 23, 2013
    My Favorite Game on Xbox! The dungeons are fun, the quests are unique and interesting. The lore is fantastic! Everything about this game is amazing! My only complaint is you spend a lot of time in your menu and quest journals.
  2. Dec 24, 2013
    Only it's successor Skyrim boasts a better Fantasy RPG experience.

At the time it came out, simply one of the greatest games to ever hit the shelves and while it does have some flaws, especially related to certain combat mechanics, to this day it rivals most RPGs for quality.
  3. Jan 6, 2014
    Best game ever I LOVE IT it's better than skyrim it isn't just kill this kill that there is actual strategy like that dark brotherhood quest where you have to kill the shi captai n and instead of walking in and killing him you hide in a box and pop out
  4. Mar 24, 2014
    The leveling system is broken, the graphics haven't aged well, everything looks generic, the combat system is atrocious, ... yet I love this game and its freedom & magical atmosphere. Daggerfall & Morrowind are true classics, Skyrim is better in nearly every way, but Oblivion has so much heart.
  5. Apr 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. it seems people really give up easily when playing games.

I am rating this based off of when i played it, not when it came out, and not after playing skyrim nor am I comparing it to skyrim, since that is dumb to play skyrim 1st, then oblivion. you wouldnt watch the last star wars movie and then watch the 2nd one, thats dumb too.

also EddieHokie complained that there were no houses to buy? there is one in every town and then the expansion lets you have a castle, a mages tower, some undergrown thief ship, so did you not look in any of the towns ever for a house to buy?(apparently he didnt) so yes there are lots of nice houses to buy and i preferred the castle.(the castle, tower and underground ship are DLC content)

the oblivion gates were a chore but i liked the new areas and things to loot, so unless you hate these kinds of games to begin with or play skyrim 1st, then this was a fun game with things to do.

I dont like being a vampire only cuz the sun constantly kills you otherwise vamp is fun and meeting vampires are fun cuz you can clearly tell someone is a vampire but they are hiding it and its fun to try and find evidence they are a vampire and all sorts of other stuff you will find and see if you simply play the game a normal amount of time and not whine like a child after 1-2 hours.
  6. Jul 23, 2014
    This game is truly amazing. The graphics are stunning for 2006, and continue to amaze people. There are so many quests that you can find anywhere throughout the land, and exploring never gets old. The different guilds give a lot of content to enjoy, and the flow of the game is executed perfectly. While the game has many amazing points, the combat is somewhat repetitive, and the levelingThis game is truly amazing. The graphics are stunning for 2006, and continue to amaze people. There are so many quests that you can find anywhere throughout the land, and exploring never gets old. The different guilds give a lot of content to enjoy, and the flow of the game is executed perfectly. While the game has many amazing points, the combat is somewhat repetitive, and the leveling system is slightly annoying at times. I still love this game though, and if you're looking for a game that will give you nearly endless hours for your money: Try Oblivion. Expand
  7. Aug 6, 2014
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is an extraordinary experience and is hands down my favourite game of all time. If you like any RPG what so ever then Oblivion is right for you. The quests are amazing and exciting to play and the story itself is epic. The customization of your character and game play feels so unique because there are so many choices and paths you can take with yourThe Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is an extraordinary experience and is hands down my favourite game of all time. If you like any RPG what so ever then Oblivion is right for you. The quests are amazing and exciting to play and the story itself is epic. The customization of your character and game play feels so unique because there are so many choices and paths you can take with your character. The environment is very bright and colourful and the graphics are pretty decent for being released in 2006. The music of this game is absolutely breathtaking, it's the best game score that I have ever heard, and I enjoy listening to it during my adventure. The only flaw is that there are not that many voice actors, so you hear a lot of the same voices from different NPCs. Oblivion is my favourite RPG and my favourite game overall. It would be a mistake if you didn't ever play this. Expand
  8. Sep 3, 2014
    The fourth installment of the Elder Scrolls takes us back to Cyrodiil for the third time in the franchise and the first time since Daggerfall. It is a beautiful game that is definitely one of my favorite games of all time. The only problems with Oblivion is that it hasn't aged well. The graphical capabilities is way behind nowadays and compared to its spiritual successors( Fallout 3 andThe fourth installment of the Elder Scrolls takes us back to Cyrodiil for the third time in the franchise and the first time since Daggerfall. It is a beautiful game that is definitely one of my favorite games of all time. The only problems with Oblivion is that it hasn't aged well. The graphical capabilities is way behind nowadays and compared to its spiritual successors( Fallout 3 and Skyrim ) and the A.I. is not as good as it should've been.
    My last thoughts is that Bethesda must've opted for an easy way out by going back to Cyrodiil and creating an easily thought out game so they could make something as epic as the next installment in the series.
  9. Aug 22, 2014
    Best game ever if i wanted more adventure id have to be friends with peter pan and that's not possible one things is possible playing this game and its the one thing i wanna do for the rest of my life

1. A refreshing, immersive, massive, satisfying and hugely impressive game.
  2. Oblivion not only raises the bar in the visual and audio modules but also in the gameplay and presentation department, making it easily one of the most recommendable titles to anyone who has ever enjoyed the thought of truly doing whatever they want in a video game, in a world where actions actually mean something.
  3. Oblivion is so deep it is hard to escape its grasp. Few things keep it down, such as loading times, and a few problems with visuals and sound, but the gameplay, the most important piece is dead-on.