The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Xbox 360

8.7

1. Aug 14, 2010
    As close to role playing perfection as one can get. Epic storyline that unfolds like a high-budget movie. Amazing visuals with lifelike characters. An open-ended world with lots of interesting possibilities to explore. Highly customizable class and skill system that allows many different styles of play. Most objectives can be reached in a non-violent manner through stealth, illusions andAs close to role playing perfection as one can get. Epic storyline that unfolds like a high-budget movie. Amazing visuals with lifelike characters. An open-ended world with lots of interesting possibilities to explore. Highly customizable class and skill system that allows many different styles of play. Most objectives can be reached in a non-violent manner through stealth, illusions and conjuration. Very refreshing! An immensely immersing game and a much better successor to Daggerfall than Morrowind was. The only thing missing is user generated content playable on the console. Expand
  2. Dec 6, 2010
    You don't like RPGs? I wasn't that into them, and my friend hated them until we discovered Oblivion by accident. We bought it because best buy was out of a game... and all I remember is that we played for 2 days straight, all nighter included. You like RPGs? Don't have Oblivion? Get it. NOW!
  3. Aug 24, 2010
    This is simply the best game I've ever played...period! I've been playing PC / Console / mmorpg games since the late 80's and even now (Summer 2010), this game continues to be the benchmark against which I judge all other games. The story lines are engaging, the acting is excellent, the graphics are way ahead of their time and the game play is extraordinarily fun. I could get picky andThis is simply the best game I've ever played...period! I've been playing PC / Console / mmorpg games since the late 80's and even now (Summer 2010), this game continues to be the benchmark against which I judge all other games. The story lines are engaging, the acting is excellent, the graphics are way ahead of their time and the game play is extraordinarily fun. I could get picky and list this or that I would change, but none of my suggestions would really make the game much better than it already is. Expand
  4. Sep 2, 2010
    Oblivion is the second greatest RPG in history after fallout 3. What oblivion lacks is characters that you get to know or care for if they die. Mostly I sat back in the battles and saw my allies get slaughtered by monsters and found it funny. But that's what's good about it. Oblivion is fun and hilarious without realising. It's trying to be a serious rpg with a mythical setting but you'veOblivion is the second greatest RPG in history after fallout 3. What oblivion lacks is characters that you get to know or care for if they die. Mostly I sat back in the battles and saw my allies get slaughtered by monsters and found it funny. But that's what's good about it. Oblivion is fun and hilarious without realising. It's trying to be a serious rpg with a mythical setting but you've got smiling innkeepers you can slaughter and poor guards who get caught in spike traps in the oblivion gates. Sure it looks a bit bad graphically now but for a game that came out in 2006 the graphics are impressive. It has great voice actors such as Sean bean and Patrick stewart ( if you ignore the fact that about four people voice the other few hundred characters). But one thing that sets oblivion apart is how clever it is. The AI are very good. They have a disposition system so that if they dislike a character they attack! One time I was in a town and I met a nice man who was a blacksmith and we talked about rumors ( which I had been told before by others in town)
    Anyway we parted ways and I did a quest and it turned out he was a spy and he attacked me and some guards but was put down. The quest I had done had lowered his disposition as he was in the faction called the mythic Dawn who I did the quest against! Good innit!! This happens alot and they aren't scripted events meaning they aren't meant to happen they just do. Which is cool. Another time I denied a quest from a little wood elf who promptly went home, got an axe and went on a killing spree! Anyway enough about the AI . They game has hundreds of weapons and thousands of spells that you can learn or create. There's just so much to do. You could live in this game if you could! Get it. GET IT NOW.
  5. Aug 29, 2010
    this game fuses action and exploration to the point where i wish i lived in this magical world. With amazingly beautiful music and the best graphics i have seen in a while this game is one of the best.
  6. Sep 1, 2010
    Oblivion is overall a very fun and immersive game. Bethesda's sandbox world is immense and beautiful. The level of freedom you have in forging your unique character is amazing. It is a very easy thing in this game to lose track of the main quest...which is not a bad thing. I particularly enjoyed the Dark Brotherhood quest line even though the writing and voice acting was often campy.Oblivion is overall a very fun and immersive game. Bethesda's sandbox world is immense and beautiful. The level of freedom you have in forging your unique character is amazing. It is a very easy thing in this game to lose track of the main quest...which is not a bad thing. I particularly enjoyed the Dark Brotherhood quest line even though the writing and voice acting was often campy. There are three main issues I had that really held the game back from being truly awesome. The first two is the dialogue (especially between NPCs) and the voice acting. The dialogue in general can be awkward and non sensical at times, but the more significant issue is that they only used a handful of voice actors for the many (maybe over a hundred) speaking characters. Even if you were to just stick to the main campaign you will hear the same voice for several critical characters you will encounter throughout the game. For me that, along with the downright ugly characters (PC players at least have the opportunity to reskin via a mod), kept me from fully becoming lost in Oblivion. Expand
  7. Sep 5, 2010
    The Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion is one of, if not the best game i've ad the pleasure to play. The world map may not seem big, but with hundreds of of locations to be discovered, dozens of guilds to join, an enthralling main quest and many quests that can be bought on by talking to strangers. On the downside, the game is slightly repetitive and occasionaly predictable. The character maker atThe Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion is one of, if not the best game i've ad the pleasure to play. The world map may not seem big, but with hundreds of of locations to be discovered, dozens of guilds to join, an enthralling main quest and many quests that can be bought on by talking to strangers. On the downside, the game is slightly repetitive and occasionaly predictable. The character maker at the beginning is'nt the easiest to use and once completed there's nothing really to do. Expand
  8. Mar 29, 2011
    This game is the best that i have ever played im 80 hours in and havnt finished the main quest and only 1 of the guilds the sheer scale of it is stunning NPCs go about there daily buisness sleeping eating just walking around graphics are great theres so much good about i could go on for ages 5/5
  9. Nov 26, 2010
    probably the greatest game ever made (morrowind is its only rival). bigger than a night out with Charlie sheen.If you haven't played it I don't know what your damage is.
  10. Nov 25, 2010
    This game is loaded with bugs, frustrations, and flaws. But it is the best game I have ever played. I have never spent so much time within a game world, exploring each and every place, leveling my characters to the max, and replaying it every year or so again, just to experience the absolute beast of a game this is. Get this game.
  11. Dec 15, 2010
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is a piece of art; it captures the very essence of fantasy and burns it in your brain. "Oblivion is freedom", Oblivion has over 300 hours of game play to an average Joe.
    Oblivion offers more than 5 hours of game play to each of the following guilds... The Dark Brotherhood, The Thieves Guild, The Mages Guild or The Fighters Guild and addition to the main quest which can offer up to 15+ hours, now thatâ
  12. Jan 3, 2011
    Even on a console, this game looks and plays brilliantly! When you take your first steps out of the dungeon you start in and the whole, green world opens in front of you......it is one of my favourite gaming memories! A MUST have on the Xbox 360!
  13. Mar 13, 2011
    Morrowind never clicked for me, but this game was so groundbreaking and incredible.....Hours of fantastic stories, a good plot, and lots of hours of DLC.......It was ahead of its time.
  14. Mar 23, 2011
    Simply the best RPG ever created for console. However the game has a couple flaws. At around level 30 the game is no longer difficult. Instead of making tougher monsters the designers begin throwing mobs that are easily defeated. Also the game designers decided to "level" all areas to your skill thereby making it possible to travel anywhere at anytime without fear of encountering aSimply the best RPG ever created for console. However the game has a couple flaws. At around level 30 the game is no longer difficult. Instead of making tougher monsters the designers begin throwing mobs that are easily defeated. Also the game designers decided to "level" all areas to your skill thereby making it possible to travel anywhere at anytime without fear of encountering a placed that is too difficult to you to overcome at any stage of character development. This being said other fantasy RPG designers use this game as a benchmark. The environment is simply stunning (esp for a 2006 game!), and the world has more content than any game I have ever played. After over 1000 hours on this game I still have not discovered every location and solved every quest. I often put the game down for a month or two but find myself returning. A MUST HAVE for any game collection. Footnote for achievement hunters: The achievements in oblivion are exceptionally east to attain. Simply beat the main quest and all faction quests to obtain all achievements. For once a game without the annoying item collection achievements! Expand
  15. Mar 9, 2011
    Oblivion is an epic masterpiece that redefined the RPG genre. Cyrodil is incredibly vast, beautifully rendered and begs you to explore every nook and cranny. You can customize your character with incredible variety, making each playthrough a substantially different experience. It's easy to forget about the main quest line and get caught up in one of the many in-depth guild or factionOblivion is an epic masterpiece that redefined the RPG genre. Cyrodil is incredibly vast, beautifully rendered and begs you to explore every nook and cranny. You can customize your character with incredible variety, making each playthrough a substantially different experience. It's easy to forget about the main quest line and get caught up in one of the many in-depth guild or faction side quest lines, because they are each so fun and different. Oblivion is one of those games that you can play for hours and hours without noticing the time pass.

There are a few drawbacks that prevent the perfect 10, however. My chief complaint is the level system, which is convoluted and can easily result in leveling without actually significantly improving your character. You level based on the use of your "major" skills, which you select at the game's outset. Most people, not knowing the system, will, choose the skills they plan to use the most. This is a mistake, because you will level very, very quickly, but only add 2 or 3 attribute points to a few stats. The enemies will quickly become stronger than you, because you have been "inefficiently" leveling. You really have to control your leveling, which is kind of a pain and can make the game feel very contrived. Also, there are very few voice actors, often resulting in two characters with the same voice having a conversation about a person who also has the same voice. It's just a little silly, but not a huge problem. The main quest line also has some slow points, like when you have to go around closing Oblivion gates outside every single city in Cyrodil. Not very engaging. Otherwise, the game is utterly fantastic.
  16. Apr 27, 2011
    It could be stupid to say that this game is bad or boring. I don't think so , i think this is a great example on what an a RPG explore based game could offer. Yeah it has some glitches, old graphics but that doesn't mean its bad. I think that the game its almost perfect simply because you can do whatever you wanna do , making you free on your decision. The complex story ties with the lastIt could be stupid to say that this game is bad or boring. I don't think so , i think this is a great example on what an a RPG explore based game could offer. Yeah it has some glitches, old graphics but that doesn't mean its bad. I think that the game its almost perfect simply because you can do whatever you wanna do , making you free on your decision. The complex story ties with the last games . The world is very big, full of mysteries waiting to be discovered . Oh... and yeah its almost perfect. Expand
  17. Jun 9, 2013
    The fourth in the longing running PC series Oblivion is the first to be designed primarily for console gaming. Fortunately however, while it is more accessible than its predecessors, it retains all of the depth with well in excess of 150 hours of gameplay available. Designed to be an open ended single player experience Oblivions huge world is virtually unparalleled in video games andThe fourth in the longing running PC series Oblivion is the first to be designed primarily for console gaming. Fortunately however, while it is more accessible than its predecessors, it retains all of the depth with well in excess of 150 hours of gameplay available. Designed to be an open ended single player experience Oblivions huge world is virtually unparalleled in video games and everything is open right from the start, allowing the player to take things at their own pace. The main quest involves the usual RPG theme of saving the world from impending doom. This is done by entering a number of 'Oblivion Gates' that transport you to a hellish dimension where the gate can be shut down. Truth be told these gates are probably the least interesting aspect of the game. Thanks to the simplistic combat and almost identical looking dimensions trolling through the repetitive enemies can become tiresome on occasions.

Those that stick primarily to the main plot will however miss a huge amount of interesting content. The three guilds (Magic, Fighters and Dark Brotherhood) for instance offer some excellent side quests that give the player choices in how they should be completed. A handy map makes it easy to keep track of any quests you have started and as well as allowing quick travel to any locations you have already visited. As with any RPG worth its salt the player is also able to level-up and customise their character. Having selected a race and gender during the games opening it is possible to specialise in different handheld weapons, ranged weapons or even magic. Skills such as lock picking and charisma also affect the way in which the game is played. One controversial feature however does see the enemies around the world level up in relation to your character. This can be frustrating when you are killed by an enemy you thought you could easily overpower but does ensure the game remains a challenge. Just be sure to save often!

Anyone after a game in which they can really invest their time won't find many better RPG's available on the current generation of consoles.
  18. May 7, 2011
    Fantastic, but very boring. I can only play this game for approximately ten minuets and then I get bored. It's lame when you're a vampire and lame when you're hated. But weirdly somehow I love this game.
  19. May 27, 2011
    If you want to know what R.P.G. means, get this game and play it. You will actually be playing a role. Although you can gain levels and customize your character in this game as well, most games that claim to be a R.ole P.laying G.ame are little more than leveling and choosing upgrades with no choice over the role your character plays in a story. Bottom line...Oblivion stands up thereIf you want to know what R.P.G. means, get this game and play it. You will actually be playing a role. Although you can gain levels and customize your character in this game as well, most games that claim to be a R.ole P.laying G.ame are little more than leveling and choosing upgrades with no choice over the role your character plays in a story. Bottom line...Oblivion stands up there with Mass Effect, Dragon Age, and Baldur's gate II (PC version) as the best R.P.G.'s ever. (P.S. don't go there Chrono Trigger fans. Although groundbreaking for its time, Its ancient history and not as good as any of these mentioned here.) Expand
  20. May 28, 2011
    Plot driven first person medieval rpg. I enjoyed it. was it the best game I have ever played? no. But it was still worth playing. And as for all the people who say this game is boring... Any game where you can rain flaming dogs from the sky, is not boring
  21. Jun 1, 2011
    An spectacular game full of lots of things to do. The story may be bland and the game may be buggy but in terms of role playing and choice it is number 1, because choice isn't just a selection of speech options, it's to go where you want, when you want and do what you want. Simply amazing.
  22. Nov 9, 2011
    An absolute must have for RPG enthusiasts, this game is extremely deep and addictive, there is an entire world of quests and great story waiting for you. The class system is simliar to previous elder scrolls games, and the customization is very nice, you can really make a character that will play exactly how you want to play the game. The main story is cool, but the oblivion gates canAn absolute must have for RPG enthusiasts, this game is extremely deep and addictive, there is an entire world of quests and great story waiting for you. The class system is simliar to previous elder scrolls games, and the customization is very nice, you can really make a character that will play exactly how you want to play the game. The main story is cool, but the oblivion gates can get extremely repetetive, luckily there are many guilds to work for and many side quests that you can pick up along the way all with intricate and interesting stories behind them. This game will take you a great deal of time to completely beat, and its definitely worth it in the end. My only gripes in the game would be that the enemies scale with your level, so your feeling of getting buff after a long period of time never quite get fulfilled because the enemies get tougher right along with you, also the combat system, kind of like previous elder scrolls games can get very repetetive, but these facts are overshadowed by the epic scale of the game. In conclusion if you are looking for a great RPG experience, definitely pick this up and you will see why people sunk so much time into this game. Expand
  23. Jun 27, 2011
    An outstanding game. Most likely the best RPG that I've ever played. Some graphical hiccups and animations can barely detract from an amazing experience. Although the main quest line isn't the most engaging story, there are countless side quests and things to do, almost feeling like you're living in the world, and runs alot like a fantasy simulator with the way you affect things along withAn outstanding game. Most likely the best RPG that I've ever played. Some graphical hiccups and animations can barely detract from an amazing experience. Although the main quest line isn't the most engaging story, there are countless side quests and things to do, almost feeling like you're living in the world, and runs alot like a fantasy simulator with the way you affect things along with people. Definate recomendation for any Role-Playing Game fan. Expand
  24. Jul 4, 2011
    In my opinion this is one of the best games I have ever played. With over 200 hours of game play it is almost like living another life. The world of Cyrodil is a huge world with beautiful landscapes and cities, and a great amount of characters. There is not another game with an open world that is as good as the one found in the elder scrolls oblivion. so if you are ever in the need of aIn my opinion this is one of the best games I have ever played. With over 200 hours of game play it is almost like living another life. The world of Cyrodil is a huge world with beautiful landscapes and cities, and a great amount of characters. There is not another game with an open world that is as good as the one found in the elder scrolls oblivion. so if you are ever in the need of a good video game, you should pick up this one. Expand
  25. Jul 7, 2011
    Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion has an immerse open-world that will keep the gamer playing for a lot of hours. The storyline was very broken and it didn't suck you in , but it doesn't stop this game from being great.
  26. Jul 21, 2011
    In terms of playing hours pumped into it, this is the most engrossing game I've ever played on any system. Not much more to say other than it's amazing and I cannot wait for Skyrim. It takes quite a lot to get me excited about games these days and the prospect of a new Elder Scrolls game makes me excited -.-
  27. Aug 18, 2011
    Great game, can just about do anything and everything. Prefect RPG great game and has great story. Something about Oblivion just hook's you in and your stuck. Into a world or imagination and creativity. Absolutely stellar!
  28. Aug 19, 2011
    I don't really know why i love this game so much there is just something really good about it.
    I must of spent about 400 hours into it.
    After about 4 years i still go on and play it. The combat with a sword and shield is just block RT block but i still love it. There are many bad things about the game like the voice actors as they only had about 7 but because i loves the game so much i
    I must of spent about 400 hours into it.
    After about 4 years i still go on and play it.
    The combat with a sword and shield is just block RT block but i still love it.
    There are many bad things about the game like the voice actors as they only had about 7 but because i loves the game so much i never took notice of it.
    i find the best thing to do is be sneaky have bow and arrow and the the dark brotherhood and thieves guild because there probably the best things to do.
    I don't know how but i already spent 20 hours on another character and all i did was knights of the nine and the arena but i don't know what else i did. Its as if i was put in a trance playing it or something.
    Game play is where its at go take a look at it. Or if you use PC get it for the mods.
  29. Nov 7, 2011
    The best rpg EVER i read some comments like one moran user called WOWplayer and i say what the f* is wrong with u ? but ur name says it all wow... well it has the best graphics for a 2005 game and u can update it more with mods if u want to
    there are a LOT of questS in this game the main quest are not a lot but u still have a LOT to do in the game after the main quests....
    i have enjoy
    i have enjoy this game seens 2005 and now i will stop playing it coz of skyrim... :D
  30. Nov 9, 2011
    Even now, many years later, I still hold any game that claims to be open world to the Elder Scrolls standard. There are few games in my life that awed me. This was one of them. Now only 2 days from the list release of Skyrim, all I can think of is my past experience with Oblivion and I can't believe how excited I am. Elder Scrolls is the definition of western rpg.

1. A refreshing, immersive, massive, satisfying and hugely impressive game.
  2. Oblivion not only raises the bar in the visual and audio modules but also in the gameplay and presentation department, making it easily one of the most recommendable titles to anyone who has ever enjoyed the thought of truly doing whatever they want in a video game, in a world where actions actually mean something.
  3. Oblivion is so deep it is hard to escape its grasp. Few things keep it down, such as loading times, and a few problems with visuals and sound, but the gameplay, the most important piece is dead-on.