The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Xbox 360

8.7

1. Jan 19, 2011
    Oblivion is easily one of the best games I have ever played. The attention to detail is amazing, I was speechless after I left the first dungeon and began to explore the world.
  2. Aug 1, 2011
    Now this is an RPG, at the up most finest. Oblivion is the greatest of all RPG. To not like Oblivion is the same as not liking air. It is clean flawless and just stunning. While having minor hicks like all games I had no problem running threw this game chopping up orc's and demons. One of the best games of all time I go as far to say and I am so excited for Skyrim. 10/10
  3. Aug 14, 2011
    I think this is my all time favorite game. The map was huge and there is no end to what you can do. The freedom of this game is what makes it amazing. To me it reminds me of old school DnD. you make your charater from the ground up and mold him//her to be whatever you want them to be. The ruler of Evil or the perfect image of good. Exploring the map never gets old. The fantasy creaturesI think this is my all time favorite game. The map was huge and there is no end to what you can do. The freedom of this game is what makes it amazing. To me it reminds me of old school DnD. you make your charater from the ground up and mold him//her to be whatever you want them to be. The ruler of Evil or the perfect image of good. Exploring the map never gets old. The fantasy creatures are impressive. As you level you encounter tougher and more exotic. The gods even ask you to help them those quest are the best, they are out of this world fun, the gear you get from it makes your charater unstoppable. I didn't even play the main story till i was done exploring the map. That was the beaty of this game, you didn't have to do it if you didn't want to! Great game I can't wait for th next one! Expand
  4. Nov 11, 2011
    Bought this game first day, never played any game in this genre before this. Amazing controls, alot of detail in the environment, massive map with tons of freedom. The AI is slightly stupid in some situations. The game has a **** load of minor glitches. Some big glitches present that require you to load previous saves, others completely freezing the system. These would otherwise renter aBought this game first day, never played any game in this genre before this. Amazing controls, alot of detail in the environment, massive map with tons of freedom. The AI is slightly stupid in some situations. The game has a **** load of minor glitches. Some big glitches present that require you to load previous saves, others completely freezing the system. These would otherwise renter a game unplayable or discourage you from playing it but this game is addicting and will definitely keep you locked away from the real world for a couple hundred hours or so. Expand
  5. HughM.
    Oct 7, 2009
    This is the best game I have ever played.
  6. RedXIII
    Sep 1, 2006
    This game is perfect, there is absolutely nothing to complain about, the graphics are amazing, game play is flawless, sound is excellent, so many quests to complete, you can choose good or evil path, in depth customization, probably one of the best games I have ever played, this and final fantasy VII, if you don't have it run and buy it. If you like RPGs that is.
  7. Sep 13, 2010
    Not often do i give a game a perfect score. Oblivion offers a seamless world of fantasy and adventure. Add to that the ability to do whatever you want anytime and the choice to continue playing after you complete the game. This is truly a remarkable game, which can be enjoyed for countless hours even after you have beaten it.
  8. Jun 13, 2011
    Though this has aged over the past 6 years,it's still one of the best games ever.In anticipation for Skyrim,I began again and put another hundred or so hours into it and despite some tech issues and somewhat dated graphics,I can still recommend it.Seriously,if you call yourself a gamer and have never played this,you are mistaken.
  9. DerekM.
    Sep 25, 2009
    Now, I've seen some pretty harsh reviews. Not to criticize anyone in particular, but some people weren't skilled enough to look at their chart to see that they had vampirism so they gave it a zero. grow up. the graphics were beautiful for the time of release. the compelling story pushes the player to do every quest and collect all the deadric items. I love the game mechanics Now, I've seen some pretty harsh reviews. Not to criticize anyone in particular, but some people weren't skilled enough to look at their chart to see that they had vampirism so they gave it a zero. grow up. the graphics were beautiful for the time of release. the compelling story pushes the player to do every quest and collect all the deadric items. I love the game mechanics more than morrowind, as the combat system doesnt make your sword slash pass through an enemy as if you weren't holding anything at all, but morrowind had an overall better main quest. The contrast from the beautiful rolling hills and meadows to the bleak, fiery hell of oblivion keeps the player from getting too tired of the scenery. all in all, this is just one of the better games to come out. Now quit whining and get into the game before you give it a 0. Expand
  10. Jan 5, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Many games now a days are shooters so not many people consider an RPG to reach out to people as much as a shooter would but Oblivion does. Oblivion is one of the best games I have ever played it combines great graphics with amazing story telling and long lasting appeal I have been playing for almost a month now and I haven't even come close to being done with the first disc this game is HUGE. The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion takes place in the imaginary province of Cyrodiil where you are a prisoner who has an extraordinary destiny and that is all I am gonna tell you. If you want to learn more about the story then go and play this game it will not waste your time I promise you What are you still doing here reading this go on GO play the game already!!!!! Expand
  11. MTM
    Mar 5, 2011
    One day in 2011 I decided that I wanted to play a new game for my Xbox 360. I wanted to get a game that was fun, but also had a great reviews. I was looking at my local BestBuy and found The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. The game was only $20 and I basically said why not. I bought it and fell in love with it. The graphics are outstanding even for 2011, the customization is endless.... thereOne day in 2011 I decided that I wanted to play a new game for my Xbox 360. I wanted to get a game that was fun, but also had a great reviews. I was looking at my local BestBuy and found The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. The game was only $20 and I basically said why not. I bought it and fell in love with it. The graphics are outstanding even for 2011, the customization is endless.... there are so many shops and so many things you can do. I'm about 6 hours into the game, understand that this game is over 100 hours long if you do everything that it has to offer. Don't listen to the haters, for a 2006 game it impresses gamers even from 2011 where we have Dead Space 2, Halo Reach, Killzone 3, and all the rest... Expand
  12. Apr 12, 2011
    Amazing game. I would say all Elder Scrolls game after Arena are amazingly good. Daggerfall was huge in size, Morrowind was amazing for immersion, and Oblivion has superior gameplay. One of the most addicting games I've played, meaning that when I got this back in 07-08 I fell in love for my whole summer. Games like this should have warnings on them "Stay away, HIGHLY ADDICTIVE". DownsidesAmazing game. I would say all Elder Scrolls game after Arena are amazingly good. Daggerfall was huge in size, Morrowind was amazing for immersion, and Oblivion has superior gameplay. One of the most addicting games I've played, meaning that when I got this back in 07-08 I fell in love for my whole summer. Games like this should have warnings on them "Stay away, HIGHLY ADDICTIVE". Downsides are minor and I do not even mind them much. Things like repetitive combat and bad AI at times. It does not ruin the game for me. Large scale area, multiple quests, and combat suited for a RPG. The graphics were amazing for 06, and the water is still beautiful to look at. The textures could use some work but that doesn't really hinder this game at all. Lets hope Bethesda makes Skyrim even better then all the other games combined. Oh and you can play after you beat the game....Fallout take notes. Expand
  13. May 6, 2011
    Oblivion is without any shadow of a dought one of the best rpg games i have ever played. The graphics at the time of release where exceptional the gameplay more importantly was engrossing. There was also a development and leveling up system which was interesting and worthwhile putting the extra time into. The characters and the storyline left you feeling that you where in a world of yourOblivion is without any shadow of a dought one of the best rpg games i have ever played. The graphics at the time of release where exceptional the gameplay more importantly was engrossing. There was also a development and leveling up system which was interesting and worthwhile putting the extra time into. The characters and the storyline left you feeling that you where in a world of your own. Too many rpg games since oblivion are banging out incredible graphics at the expense of having a good solid storyline. Many developers out there should be looking at oblivion and realising that you have to get the storyline and plot interesting in order for in rpg game to be good. The weapon functionality in terms of upgrading your equipment (armour and swords) is fantastic you are always on the lookout for better gear, this is one thing that oblivion done briliantly. To many recent rpgs have very little focus on this aspect eg the witcher.

Finally i would like to sat that i hope oblivion skyrim is just as good if not better than oblivion, the omens are looking good because they say there will be dragons and dragon language. Now that soiunds goooood.
  14. po0<livegamertag
    Apr 7, 2006
    Not without its minor flaws but as said before by others the flaws dont impact the gameplay at all. Its totally addictive and i havent been able to not play it for a single day since release day. The game leaves you with a sense of achievement and to most gamers thats important (whats the point in investing your time if you get nothing back) and i have to say becoming guild master of theNot without its minor flaws but as said before by others the flaws dont impact the gameplay at all. Its totally addictive and i havent been able to not play it for a single day since release day. The game leaves you with a sense of achievement and to most gamers thats important (whats the point in investing your time if you get nothing back) and i have to say becoming guild master of the dark brotherhood has been the most rewarding moment so far, but even the minor quests leave you patting your own back. If you werent a Morrowind fan dont be put off (i couldnt get into Morrowind either) its easy to get into the hardest part is putting it down. Even if you get it for the pure fact it will last you more than the standard 5 - 8 hours that most games last its worth it. My one gripe is the lack of things to spend money on other than a house (i have 3 already) there is nothing worth purchasing as much better items can be found on quests or exploring?? Collapse
  15. AB
    Mar 2, 2008
    Greatest single player game of al time. A few small glitches, but nothing major
  16. CarlJ.
    Mar 22, 2006
    Wow! Nougaty and smooth visuals, powerful greaves and gauntlets, horses you can ride! Do yourself a favor and detach yourselves from the the things to which you are attached. Enormous rats and goblins! Lovely.
  17. KevinS.
    Mar 24, 2006
    Tired of cookie-cutter FedEx quests? Tired of braindead, linear roleplaying? Pick up this game for either the PC or the Xbox 360 (I've played both) and you will not be disappointed. Forget the graphics elitists - no other game has a draw distance this far and a free-roaming world this big (16 sq. miles). If you only play games for the graphics, go pick up Far Cry or Half-Life 2. But Tired of cookie-cutter FedEx quests? Tired of braindead, linear roleplaying? Pick up this game for either the PC or the Xbox 360 (I've played both) and you will not be disappointed. Forget the graphics elitists - no other game has a draw distance this far and a free-roaming world this big (16 sq. miles). If you only play games for the graphics, go pick up Far Cry or Half-Life 2. But if you want a virtual sandbox that allows you to do everything you can imagine and more - a world that allows you to create your own storyline - a world rich with lore, personality, and a sense of epic adventure...Oblivion is the game for you. I had my doubts upon first playing. I'd seen the E3 videos and noticed how some aspects had been trimmed in order to make the game playable on today's machines. One long 10-hour play session later and none of that matters. My Assassin is gaining reknown in Cyrodill as a dangerous thief. Woe to he who dares cross my path! Expand
  18. JonS.
    Mar 30, 2006
    Dont get me wrong, I love this game, but it really should have been released as the last great game on the Xbox rather than a full 360 release. It just doesnt give me that next gen feeling! In itself though, its still a great game just on the wrong console.
  19. DarinB.
    Mar 30, 2006
    If you like RPGs, stop reading now! Go get Oblivion. Fantastic visuals, engrossing gameplay, open-ended play all adds up to some addictive gaming that makes you wonder where all of your time went.
  20. Decompiler
    Apr 10, 2006
    I've sunk over 5 hours into this thing since it came out less than two weeks ago, but i've barely scratched the surface. massive seems like an understatement...
  21. DavidF
    Apr 13, 2006
    Finally a game that is worth buying on the 360.
  22. CiaranG.
    Apr 29, 2006
    I've never liked RPG games (because they all involve magic spells, witchcraft, dragons and awful cr*p like that) but Oblivion is one RPG I like! Oblivion is outstanding! The graphics are fantastic. On my first time playing it, I played it for 3 hours. After creating a character and watching the intro screens the game started. Basically, you start off in a prison cell where you have I've never liked RPG games (because they all involve magic spells, witchcraft, dragons and awful cr*p like that) but Oblivion is one RPG I like! Oblivion is outstanding! The graphics are fantastic. On my first time playing it, I played it for 3 hours. After creating a character and watching the intro screens the game started. Basically, you start off in a prison cell where you have to escape. This is part of the tutorial (although you wouldn't know it). The game is easy enough to navigate, the controls are easy enough but there is a lot of inventory screens etc. My character made his way through the sewers and then I managed to get out. It was night. You can see the stars in the sky, the moon and then all around you can see for miles. The best bit is that you can go to any of the places you see. The world is beautiful. There are load times but they don't really afftect gameplay. There also seems to be an unlimited amount of things to do. I had the choice to do whatever I wanted. You can buy things like horses and houses, you can walk into homes and steal people's possessions, grab some food or take a kip in their beds when they're not there. I can't imagine how long was spent making the game. You can just walk around in the countryside, over the hills and streams and meet other people. Animals spend their time all around the place. Also, random things happen like for example whilst exploring a fort in the middle of a forest, a highwayman runs in and asks for my money. I agreed to his demand but he decided he wanted to kill me anyway.. then you can either make a quick escape or stop and fight. The animals and NPC's all have ragdoll physics when they die. The combat system is good. etc. Expand
  23. MichaelF.
    Apr 30, 2006
    its like a updated version of runescape.
  24. GeoffreyMaxwell
    Apr 3, 2006
    A Flawed Masterpiece. Hence 9 and not 10. The way in which this game manages to combine sheer brilliance with down right glitchyness reminds me of Knights of the Old Republic. But like KOTOR its just so good that it can be easily forgiven. To be more specific- sometimes the game pause for a few seconds to load, if this happens when you're being attacked by a wolf, it can get a bit A Flawed Masterpiece. Hence 9 and not 10. The way in which this game manages to combine sheer brilliance with down right glitchyness reminds me of Knights of the Old Republic. But like KOTOR its just so good that it can be easily forgiven. To be more specific- sometimes the game pause for a few seconds to load, if this happens when you're being attacked by a wolf, it can get a bit gittery, the sound can go for a few seconds. Sometimes it takes a while for my character to get off his horse when I tell him too but none of these things are too serious. Plus It has crashed twice with me in my 30 hours play so far. However this was not a problem because the game regularly autosaves so I lost very little. If you do buy it, I recommend saving regularly in a seperate file though. Anyway! enough about the negatives, this game is simply the most ambitious adventure game ever with a vast world, number of items, and levelling up system. Above all other things though this game is simply beautiful. The amount of time I have spent just enjoying the scenery. I can almost smell the flowers and feel the breeze blowing from my new HD TV. A must buy for any aventure gamer or rpg fan. Expand
  25. SeanR.
    May 7, 2006
    The game is a blast to play, and the few problems it has, such as an inconsistent frame rate and frequent loading are overcome by the beauty of this game and how much work was put in to it. The best game on the 360, and the most enjoyable game in years.
  26. BobE.
    Aug 3, 2007
    awsome, is about the only word that sums up this game it is massive. i know other people who have been playing for 6 months and still havent completed it yet.
  27. ChrisG.
    Mar 20, 2008
    This game, I think, is the best 360 game ever made for the console. This game has everything you want for an RPG.
  28. AbdulM.
    Aug 20, 2008
    This game is awesome. Everything you'd want from an rpg. Brilliant.
  29. AndrewBedgood
    Jan 10, 2009
    Oblivion is the kind of game where you can lose many hours and your social life, but you won't care when doing so. There are so many things to do and places to explore that even nearly 3 years after it's release you won't be at a loss of new discoveries.
  30. Amaru
    Jan 2, 2009
    One of those game's you not only never forget, but one you can actually come back to over and over. collectivly, over 4 play through's, I've spent about 350 hours on this game and I still find new things. How many games can you say that about? Missions come out of nowhere that always take you by suprise, there's a hundred things to do in a hundred different ways, and One of those game's you not only never forget, but one you can actually come back to over and over. collectivly, over 4 play through's, I've spent about 350 hours on this game and I still find new things. How many games can you say that about? Missions come out of nowhere that always take you by suprise, there's a hundred things to do in a hundred different ways, and to top it off it has incredible music too. Bad points? Glitchy graphic at times, invisible walls, about 5 voice actors for about 500 characters...and...well, that's all I can think of. If you like adventure games, and you like games that have real substance and depth, then this is the game for you. Expand

1. A refreshing, immersive, massive, satisfying and hugely impressive game.
  2. Oblivion not only raises the bar in the visual and audio modules but also in the gameplay and presentation department, making it easily one of the most recommendable titles to anyone who has ever enjoyed the thought of truly doing whatever they want in a video game, in a world where actions actually mean something.
  3. Oblivion is so deep it is hard to escape its grasp. Few things keep it down, such as loading times, and a few problems with visuals and sound, but the gameplay, the most important piece is dead-on.