8.7

1. AB
    Mar 2, 2008
    Greatest single player game of al time. A few small glitches, but nothing major
  2. CarlJ.
    Mar 22, 2006
    Wow! Nougaty and smooth visuals, powerful greaves and gauntlets, horses you can ride! Do yourself a favor and detach yourselves from the the things to which you are attached. Enormous rats and goblins! Lovely.
  3. KevinS.
    Mar 24, 2006
    Tired of cookie-cutter FedEx quests? Tired of braindead, linear roleplaying? Pick up this game for either the PC or the Xbox 360 (I've played both) and you will not be disappointed. Forget the graphics elitists - no other game has a draw distance this far and a free-roaming world this big (16 sq. miles). If you only play games for the graphics, go pick up Far Cry or Half-Life 2. But Tired of cookie-cutter FedEx quests? Tired of braindead, linear roleplaying? Pick up this game for either the PC or the Xbox 360 (I've played both) and you will not be disappointed. Forget the graphics elitists - no other game has a draw distance this far and a free-roaming world this big (16 sq. miles). If you only play games for the graphics, go pick up Far Cry or Half-Life 2. But if you want a virtual sandbox that allows you to do everything you can imagine and more - a world that allows you to create your own storyline - a world rich with lore, personality, and a sense of epic adventure...Oblivion is the game for you. I had my doubts upon first playing. I'd seen the E3 videos and noticed how some aspects had been trimmed in order to make the game playable on today's machines. One long 10-hour play session later and none of that matters. My Assassin is gaining reknown in Cyrodill as a dangerous thief. Woe to he who dares cross my path! Expand
  4. DarinB.
    Mar 30, 2006
    If you like RPGs, stop reading now! Go get Oblivion. Fantastic visuals, engrossing gameplay, open-ended play all adds up to some addictive gaming that makes you wonder where all of your time went.
  5. Decompiler
    Apr 10, 2006
    I've sunk over 5 hours into this thing since it came out less than two weeks ago, but i've barely scratched the surface. massive seems like an understatement...
  6. DavidF
    Apr 13, 2006
    Finally a game that is worth buying on the 360.
  7. CiaranG.
    Apr 29, 2006
    I've never liked RPG games (because they all involve magic spells, witchcraft, dragons and awful cr*p like that) but Oblivion is one RPG I like! Oblivion is outstanding! The graphics are fantastic. On my first time playing it, I played it for 3 hours. After creating a character and watching the intro screens the game started. Basically, you start off in a prison cell where you have I've never liked RPG games (because they all involve magic spells, witchcraft, dragons and awful cr*p like that) but Oblivion is one RPG I like! Oblivion is outstanding! The graphics are fantastic. On my first time playing it, I played it for 3 hours. After creating a character and watching the intro screens the game started. Basically, you start off in a prison cell where you have to escape. This is part of the tutorial (although you wouldn't know it). The game is easy enough to navigate, the controls are easy enough but there is a lot of inventory screens etc. My character made his way through the sewers and then I managed to get out. It was night. You can see the stars in the sky, the moon and then all around you can see for miles. The best bit is that you can go to any of the places you see. The world is beautiful. There are load times but they don't really afftect gameplay. There also seems to be an unlimited amount of things to do. I had the choice to do whatever I wanted. You can buy things like horses and houses, you can walk into homes and steal people's possessions, grab some food or take a kip in their beds when they're not there. I can't imagine how long was spent making the game. You can just walk around in the countryside, over the hills and streams and meet other people. Animals spend their time all around the place. Also, random things happen like for example whilst exploring a fort in the middle of a forest, a highwayman runs in and asks for my money. I agreed to his demand but he decided he wanted to kill me anyway.. then you can either make a quick escape or stop and fight. The animals and NPC's all have ragdoll physics when they die. The combat system is good. etc. Expand
  8. MichaelF.
    Apr 30, 2006
    its like a updated version of runescape.
  9. SeanR.
    May 7, 2006
    The game is a blast to play, and the few problems it has, such as an inconsistent frame rate and frequent loading are overcome by the beauty of this game and how much work was put in to it. The best game on the 360, and the most enjoyable game in years.
  10. TonyL.
    May 9, 2006
    The best game of all times (besides oblivion) i love this game i have a sorcerer with all stats at 100 lvl 82 and i have beaten the game. i will always continue to play this game long after it is outrated.
  11. LouiseD.
    Jun 22, 2006
    This is the best RPG I've ever played- it gives you almost complete freedom and entertains for well over 100 hours. The graphics are fantastic and although the plot isn't as strong as some other RPGs, the gameplay more than makes up for it.
  12. KaieL.
    Feb 3, 2007
    Oblivion 4 has to be the easiest game ever when it comes to user-friendliness. My boyfriend had bought the game before ever moved in, and in that time, lost the manual as well. I am not a big fan of computer games, but even I can play oblivion 4 without the instruction manual.
  13. BobE.
    Aug 3, 2007
    awsome, is about the only word that sums up this game it is massive. i know other people who have been playing for 6 months and still havent completed it yet.
  14. ChrisG.
    Mar 20, 2008
    This game, I think, is the best 360 game ever made for the console. This game has everything you want for an RPG.
  15. AbdulM.
    Aug 20, 2008
    This game is awesome. Everything you'd want from an rpg. Brilliant.
  16. AndrewBedgood
    Jan 10, 2009
    Oblivion is the kind of game where you can lose many hours and your social life, but you won't care when doing so. There are so many things to do and places to explore that even nearly 3 years after it's release you won't be at a loss of new discoveries.
  17. Amaru
    Jan 2, 2009
    One of those game's you not only never forget, but one you can actually come back to over and over. collectivly, over 4 play through's, I've spent about 350 hours on this game and I still find new things. How many games can you say that about? Missions come out of nowhere that always take you by suprise, there's a hundred things to do in a hundred different ways, and One of those game's you not only never forget, but one you can actually come back to over and over. collectivly, over 4 play through's, I've spent about 350 hours on this game and I still find new things. How many games can you say that about? Missions come out of nowhere that always take you by suprise, there's a hundred things to do in a hundred different ways, and to top it off it has incredible music too. Bad points? Glitchy graphic at times, invisible walls, about 5 voice actors for about 500 characters...and...well, that's all I can think of. If you like adventure games, and you like games that have real substance and depth, then this is the game for you. Expand
  18. DeanS.
    Mar 21, 2006
    Absolutely fabulous game. Stunning graphics, addictive gameplay, much improved combat system over Morrowind. Although Gamerfeed gave it only a 90, they were right when they said that this game alone is worth the purchase price of the Xbox 360.
  19. TedB.
    Mar 21, 2006
    beautiful just beautiful a must have and proof that RPG's on 360 are going to be a most wonderful thing this time around. pure eye candy.
  20. ScottE.
    Mar 22, 2006
    Your $60 will go far! Easily the best RPG so far this year. Beautiful graphics, massive world to explore and awesome gameplay make this a must own title for the 360.
  21. PlixikWhommings
    Mar 22, 2006
    This is the best game ive played in a long time. its addicting as hell and worth a lot more than your $60
  22. LyleB.
    Mar 22, 2006
    Incredible. 12 hours into the game and I can't put it down. Morrowind was fun and this improves and expands on that game by leaps and bounds. THE GOOD: visuals and technical "wow" factor (for the sake of immersion) - storyline that makes you care - combat - scope/size (never feel lost though) - moral choices - adventure elements - horses - great voice acting - it's fun (a lot of Incredible. 12 hours into the game and I can't put it down. Morrowind was fun and this improves and expands on that game by leaps and bounds. THE GOOD: visuals and technical "wow" factor (for the sake of immersion) - storyline that makes you care - combat - scope/size (never feel lost though) - moral choices - adventure elements - horses - great voice acting - it's fun (a lot of games forget about this) THE BAD: Some framerate hiccups (usually on horseback in the wilderness) and jumping off the horse to fight is awkward. THE VERDICT: it's heading up my best game ever list. Expand
  23. JackH.
    Mar 23, 2006
    Just WOW! Buy this game today!
  24. Catraven
    Mar 23, 2006
    Sheer beauty- I was awestruck! This game was definitely worth the wait. I would recommend this beauty to anyone who is an RPG fan! The music is incredible, the graphics are exquisite and the interface is a vast improvement over Morrowind.
  25. JohnnyA.
    Mar 24, 2006
    If I could rate higher I would. I was very new to this series and optimistic to all the hype about this game. But oh my gosh this game is insane!!! I played it for 6 hours straight and it felt like 10 minutes passed. I will not lie it starts off slow like one person said but after you hit the wilderness, look out. This game went beyond all my expectations. I am floored by how deep and how If I could rate higher I would. I was very new to this series and optimistic to all the hype about this game. But oh my gosh this game is insane!!! I played it for 6 hours straight and it felt like 10 minutes passed. I will not lie it starts off slow like one person said but after you hit the wilderness, look out. This game went beyond all my expectations. I am floored by how deep and how much this game has to offer. This game is a must have and if you dont have it, Buy it! This game is almost overwhelming in a good way with all the possiblilities. I kind of trailed off and started deer hunting for a while but made my way back to the trail. This game is Freakin amazing. I was never in to RPG but after this I cant put it down. What a sweet game!! Expand
  26. Aaron
    Mar 25, 2006
    Don't Rent this game, You will have hundreds of dollars of overdue fines
  27. MiguelG.
    Mar 25, 2006
    This can't be described in words. Developer should win a Nobel.
  28. JianyM.
    Best ever, IGN this deserves more than 9.3
  29. JordanM.
    Mar 27, 2006
    Amazing. Truly an RPG masterpiece. This game offers such an amazing escape from the reoccuring quests in other rpgs. Amazing storytelling, and voiceovers give every character in the game such a great depth. Hours and hours will be spent on this game in years to come. You can either play it the linear way (which i dont know how it is possible) and go from mission to mission and ignore the Amazing. Truly an RPG masterpiece. This game offers such an amazing escape from the reoccuring quests in other rpgs. Amazing storytelling, and voiceovers give every character in the game such a great depth. Hours and hours will be spent on this game in years to come. You can either play it the linear way (which i dont know how it is possible) and go from mission to mission and ignore the HUMONGOUS expansive environment that is just waiting for you, which will take you around 20+ hours. Or, you can explore everything and see what just how much content there is that never gets boring that offers over 200+ hours of gameplay. And dont worry, you can always use instant travel, which enables you to get everywhere quickly with no boring travels. Or if youd like, you can travel it on foot or by horse or whatever :D. Greatness, and so many ways to play it in so many different ways depending on your character type. Ill be enjoying this for years to come! Expand
  30. LaurensM.
    Apr 18, 2006
    This is like it's previous another splendid work from Bethesda. Unbelievable how they improve theirselves once again. You can't give it lower than a 9, yes, it has a few bugs, but they are no so disturbing you can't play any further. My eyes hurt from playing this game. No words can explain this.
  31. monkey.butter
    Apr 18, 2006
    FANTASTIC! This game is the best I have ever played! Sure, there are annoyances like the hurendous load times that seem to pop up everywhere but these can be soothed (not totaly fixed though) by emptying the 360's cache (hold "a" when starting machine). Another problem that is easily be fixed is the SOUTHPAW controls. Just edit the controler settings in the xbox dashboard-it'sFANTASTIC! This game is the best I have ever played! Sure, there are annoyances like the hurendous load times that seem to pop up everywhere but these can be soothed (not totaly fixed though) by emptying the 360's cache (hold "a" when starting machine). Another problem that is easily be fixed is the SOUTHPAW controls. Just edit the controler settings in the xbox dashboard-it's that easy! The last fix I can offer is the sound glitch. Sound seems to cut out every few seconds on cut scenes. Again, change the settings on the xbox itself will fix this. Change the hz from standard 50 to 60 and all will become clear!
    Now I'm not a huge RPG fan but this game changed all that! I'm completely addicted to it and can't stop playing!
    BONUS: a superb gaming experience that any gamer (RPG buff or not) cannot afford to miss
    DOWNSIDES: The continueous lagging that sometimes happens will the 360 tries to load all the immense data. Thankfully (as stated earlier) this can be helped.
  32. PaulM.
    Apr 3, 2006
    I'm into games, but I'm skittish - I'll play for an hour then move on. But once in a while a game like this happens, and you just want to sue the creators for ruining your life. It's not just the time you'll spend on it - it's the fact that it makes the real world seem utterly dull by comparison.
  33. KeithD.
    Apr 4, 2006
    Just a top quaility game!
  34. ElectricMonk
    May 10, 2006
    An absolute masterpiece! If there was ever a question regarding whether or not video games have a place in the world of art (i.e. motion pictures, music albums, books, paintings, etc.), "Oblivion" should--in every possible way--dismiss the negativists and clear the field of cynics and critics. This is not only art, it is fine art, as well as one heck of an RPG, one whose character An absolute masterpiece! If there was ever a question regarding whether or not video games have a place in the world of art (i.e. motion pictures, music albums, books, paintings, etc.), "Oblivion" should--in every possible way--dismiss the negativists and clear the field of cynics and critics. This is not only art, it is fine art, as well as one heck of an RPG, one whose character development alone will immerse your mind in creative juices for hours and hours. Expand
  35. BrandonE.
    May 6, 2006
    The best game I've ever played. Starts out slow, but then really picks up. Massive game and the more you play, the less load time it takes. It seems you could get a side quest from almost any person you talk to. The graphics just blew me away. I've been playing about triple the amount of hours on this game than I did before I had it.
  36. CorbinC.
    May 6, 2006
    This game, is litterally, THE BEST i have EVER seen in graphics and storyline.
  37. DavidS.
    May 8, 2006
    This is an awesome game... putting loadtimes aside... the fact that the game wont end thanks to expansions over the xbox marketplace is the best idea... at first its a lil confusing but youll get the hang of it.
  38. KyleM.
    Jun 4, 2006
    graphics;amazing, storyline;amazing, everything; amzaing. enough said!
  39. CoryD.
    Dec 27, 2007
    It's as fast or as mellow as you want it to be.. Watch the sun set over the water while listening to the birds chirping, or delve into a nasty cave to beat-down some nasties and get some loot in the process... The sheer scale of the world, and the hours that could be spent playing this one is amazing.
  40. ColinP.
    Feb 1, 2007
    This game built on all the things that Elder Scrolls 3 lacks. Graphics, Gameplay, they simplified traveling, added a compass with a director pointing you toward your next stop in your quest. Overall an EXCELLENT game! I recommend it to anyone and everyone, rookies and vets to RPGs alike!
  41. DanielP.
    Apr 15, 2007
    This game is great. It has a good and unique leveling system, tons of stuff to do, and hundreds of hours of main quest and side quest.
  42. DarrenForster
    Jun 22, 2007
    An excellent game, the game is so huge, unlike some games there is no going over and over the same thing to try and get further on in the game. It keeps going with new challenges all the time and constantly finding new places to explore, you just can't wait to find out what task you'll be given next or what new suprise you'll find out next.
  43. Matt
    Aug 4, 2007
    Oblivion isn
  44. I.L.
    Sep 4, 2007
    One of thte true masterpiecs of the last 5 years. Considering the size of the game, the few problems are instantly forgivable.
  45. JoE
    Mar 13, 2008
    OMG! This game has consumed up easy 500 hours of my life ( I kid you not, I've counted ) So much to do and you can almost always find a quest to do. yes a game with this much in it is bound to have its glitches. I found one the other day where you can walk on air! but still the small flaws in the game match nothing up to its... Everything... OMG!
  46. ChristianC.
    Sep 8, 2008
    This game is the best RPG I've played in my life. Oblivion has incredible graphics, sounds and music. Absorving stories and almost an infinite world. You play the way you want, the game follows your pace and it's never linear. I've got 300 hours playing this game and still have things to do! (and still enjoying it). If you don't like this game... that's because This game is the best RPG I've played in my life. Oblivion has incredible graphics, sounds and music. Absorving stories and almost an infinite world. You play the way you want, the game follows your pace and it's never linear. I've got 300 hours playing this game and still have things to do! (and still enjoying it). If you don't like this game... that's because you don't like RPGs, period. Expand
  47. ZackR
    Oct 2, 2009
    This is the best game I have ever played! Mainly because there is no way to do everything in the game with one charactor. But the game is also very complex. Unless you just go on the internet and everything before hand. Personally I did everything I could before even looking it up on the internet.
  48. MattM
    Mar 30, 2009
    Possibly the single greatest game i have ever played. having played many *Perfect* games before i have always found myself coming back to Oblivion. This game has reset my expectations for all other rpgs. sure there are a few bugs here and there but considering the size on oblivion i am suprised there arent more.A game as important to its genre as wow is to the MMO's or Total war is Possibly the single greatest game i have ever played. having played many *Perfect* games before i have always found myself coming back to Oblivion. This game has reset my expectations for all other rpgs. sure there are a few bugs here and there but considering the size on oblivion i am suprised there arent more.A game as important to its genre as wow is to the MMO's or Total war is to strategy. As close to perfect as i could ever hope: 100/100. Expand
  49. GuangmianK.
    Nov 12, 2006
    This game is extremely beautiful, with little objects and items and arts in every town and room, and together with the warm glow of the lighting everywhere in the game, really makes it feel like a real world. The gameplay is very interesting and only gets boring after about like... 100++ hours?
  50. JeffT.
    Mar 21, 2006
    Amazing. Cast a fireball across two pillars and a statue.... blew me away. The new combat system rocks, too.
  51. JMac.
    Not a single flaw.
  52. MarkA.
    Mar 22, 2006
    WOW!!!, i cannot begin to describe this AMAZING game. Few flaws......gameplay- AMAZING!!!
  53. IanH.
    Mar 22, 2006
    Having played all the previous ones in the series, I can definetely says this is one is the best. Incredible draw distance, combat has been hugely improved also. Simply a must buy!
  54. Rol
    Mar 23, 2006
    Don S. gives it a 2. If Oblivion is 2 out of 10 then everything he says should be ignored. There are compromises with the graphics and AI but it is called a game, remember that Don S. Like morrowind then you'll love this, hate morrowind then in the long run you won't enjoy this. Easily the most ambitious and content filled game on the 360 and this for me gives it a 10. But theDon S. gives it a 2. If Oblivion is 2 out of 10 then everything he says should be ignored. There are compromises with the graphics and AI but it is called a game, remember that Don S. Like morrowind then you'll love this, hate morrowind then in the long run you won't enjoy this. Easily the most ambitious and content filled game on the 360 and this for me gives it a 10. But the good thing is the idiots who whinge about this game are in the minority and you can easily ignore their dumb preconceptions of what a game should be because they clearly don't know. Expand
  55. T.H.
    Mar 23, 2006
    I've only played the game for about three hours, but can't wait to get back to it. The initial character creation was a little cumbersome. Too many ways to shift a cheek bone and not enough with adjusting body types, tatoos/markings, etc. Wasn't overly impressed with the initial dungeon/sewer escape scene either. But since it was designed to be a tutorial, I guess I can I've only played the game for about three hours, but can't wait to get back to it. The initial character creation was a little cumbersome. Too many ways to shift a cheek bone and not enough with adjusting body types, tatoos/markings, etc. Wasn't overly impressed with the initial dungeon/sewer escape scene either. But since it was designed to be a tutorial, I guess I can overlook that. Once I exited the sewer I was smacked right square in the face with an amazing environment to explore. The draw distance detail isn't that great - yada yada yada. But what do you expect for a world that big. The up-close detail is incredible. Elevations are also done quite well. As you climb upward on steep terrain, you do feel a sense of height. One of the truly breath taking views I came across was climbing up to the top of a snowcapped mountain by horseback and overlooking the entire kingdom as the sun was setting. It was truly amazing to watch the sun set behind the mountains and create that pink/purple-ish glow illuminating from behind the mountain range. Even the clouds reflected the colors of the sunset against the black star-filled sky as the final evidence of daylight disappeared for the night. That scene combined with the great soundtrack playing in the background created one of those truly epic moments you've always hoped could be achieved someday in gaming. If you've ever enjoyed playing RPGs, whether hard core or casual, you MUST get this game. Expand
  56. KelR.
    Mar 23, 2006
    I think that if you're going to be extremely anal you might find few tiny "problems" with the game. However, in the grand sceme of things this game is simply the most amazing RPG that that has ever come out on any console. So, take of your critic hat and enjoy the game!
    Mar 23, 2006
    A true next-gen game. The graphics and sound are breathtaking and the game mechanics are better than Morrowind. This game defines what an RPG should be.
  58. SteveT.
    Mar 23, 2006
    I finally got to sit down and play Oblivion last night. I suppose I will parrot everyone else when I say how amazing this game is. I spent about an hour just customizing a damn blue orc. After that I just got pulled into the game. The tutorial mode runs pretty straight forward, but after that the game just explodes. I spent the rest of the night travelling from the sewers to the imperial I finally got to sit down and play Oblivion last night. I suppose I will parrot everyone else when I say how amazing this game is. I spent about an hour just customizing a damn blue orc. After that I just got pulled into the game. The tutorial mode runs pretty straight forward, but after that the game just explodes. I spent the rest of the night travelling from the sewers to the imperial city. I found a cave on the way, killed everything that moved and scored some loot. I figured I would upgrade my gear before I moved on and headed to the city. I spent another couple of hours on a quest I picked up from the merchants who sold me stuff. It was crazy! I can't belive how involved you have to be to play this game. It will take a huge effort for me to stay focused at work and school the next couple of weeks. All I want to do is jam home and play this game. Don't wait, don't rent. Own it and then it will Pwn you Expand
  59. Nick
    Mar 23, 2006
    Best value for the gaming dollar EVER (aside from Baldur's Gate games, anyway)!
  60. WejRepus
    Mar 24, 2006
    The MUST HAVE GAME for the 360. This game is so amazing!
  61. MichaelC.
    Mar 24, 2006
    Best game ever. Amazing visuals and gameplay with great controls. Play this game. Do it now. You need to.
  62. NelsonP.
    Mar 24, 2006
    One of the greatest games I have ever played. Period.
  63. GeraldH.
    Mar 24, 2006
    This is the best rpg ever made. Ive only had it for 3 days and Ive played 10 hours of it and iam not even halfway into the story! This game is detailed and the A.I. IS AMAZING.Gameplay is 100 tmes better than morrowind and the graphics are just eye candy. The sound is awsome especialy the musical score whichsounds like a mix of like the LOTR score and a an action movie score. So far its This is the best rpg ever made. Ive only had it for 3 days and Ive played 10 hours of it and iam not even halfway into the story! This game is detailed and the A.I. IS AMAZING.Gameplay is 100 tmes better than morrowind and the graphics are just eye candy. The sound is awsome especialy the musical score whichsounds like a mix of like the LOTR score and a an action movie score. So far its the best 360 game up to date. Expand
  64. NickDanger
    Mar 24, 2006
    Everything is f....ing awseome. The thing that stands out the most are the quests. There's rarely any fetching quests. Even then they're lively and engaging.
  65. GregP.
    Mar 24, 2006
    This is just one hell of a game.
  66. DrewM.
    Mar 25, 2006
    I don't know why all of these pure masterpieces of games have been getting all of these low scores by the press. I think either they're getting paid, or they just can't accept the fact that the '360 is actually beating everyone else. This is the game to own all others, and it will decimate your social life from day one. A must have for everyone. If you don't have I don't know why all of these pure masterpieces of games have been getting all of these low scores by the press. I think either they're getting paid, or they just can't accept the fact that the '360 is actually beating everyone else. This is the game to own all others, and it will decimate your social life from day one. A must have for everyone. If you don't have an Xbox 360 yet, go get one. Now. Expand
  67. AnonymousMC
    Mar 25, 2006
    I'm not sure how i even was able to get away from my 360 long enough to give this a 10 on metacritic. Maybe because it deserves it? Seriously. This game is literally like having a whole 'nother life. Except in this one you can set rich snobby dudes on fire. Yummy. A MUST BUY. you never get bored in this game. you don't even have to follow the regular story at all to get aI'm not sure how i even was able to get away from my 360 long enough to give this a 10 on metacritic. Maybe because it deserves it? Seriously. This game is literally like having a whole 'nother life. Except in this one you can set rich snobby dudes on fire. Yummy. A MUST BUY. you never get bored in this game. you don't even have to follow the regular story at all to get a good 30-40 hours out of it. Collapse
  68. CarcasGalactic
    Mar 25, 2006
    Adicted Adicted Must keep playing game is so cool Cant sleep Must play.
  69. JP
    Mar 25, 2006
    If you liked Fable... This is Fable on Steroids multiplied by ten.
  70. MikeW.
    Mar 26, 2006
    This has Game of the Year written all over it. Open ended storytelling, compelling quests, character development, all exceed expectations here. This is really not a game, it is a true immersive experience, someone may balk at $60 for a game, but you will thank yourself for getting it, I spent over 8 hours just messing around in the capitol city before even setting foot into the This has Game of the Year written all over it. Open ended storytelling, compelling quests, character development, all exceed expectations here. This is really not a game, it is a true immersive experience, someone may balk at $60 for a game, but you will thank yourself for getting it, I spent over 8 hours just messing around in the capitol city before even setting foot into the countryside. This game is not for the faint hearted or ADHD impaired. Do yourself a favor and buy this one. Expand
  71. Ruben
    Mar 26, 2006
    The 4th release of the best RPG on xbox and now on xbox 360.everything been improved 500 hours of gameplay...what are you waiting for? go buy it!!!
  72. SeanD.
    Mar 27, 2006
    Great game, need a good computer, but as long as you have minimum specs you should be able to run this and it will still look a lot better than morrowind. Leveling up is fair and I have had some close calls with enemies. It's much nicer to see groups of enemies than just a single enemy like in Morrowind. Fast travel is kind of weak but needed, you will have to run around and find the Great game, need a good computer, but as long as you have minimum specs you should be able to run this and it will still look a lot better than morrowind. Leveling up is fair and I have had some close calls with enemies. It's much nicer to see groups of enemies than just a single enemy like in Morrowind. Fast travel is kind of weak but needed, you will have to run around and find the little places but the big places are always there for you if you need them. I love how you can see just about forever, weather is spectacular and so is the wildlife. I can't put the game down. Very life like, if you're a theif, it will be hard at first but easier as you level up. Great lock picking game, adds a sence of personal skill to the game. Expand
  73. J
    Mar 27, 2006
    Oblivion will undoubtedly be the best game of the year. Three good reasons are: The graphics are amazing to say the least. The gameplay is second to none. There is so much to do you will never get bored. The worst part, which would probably be the loading, isn
  74. SimonK.
    Mar 27, 2006
    Eight hours in and still not really done any story. I want to live in Tamriel. I can cope with the stutter in games, if they all offered as much as this one does.
  75. PaulC.
    Mar 28, 2006
    As a player of computer (as opposed to console) games for 24 years (i'm 38 now), this game is my current no1. Beating Atic Atak, Lords Of MIdnight, Elite, X-Com, and the rest over the years. It's an RPG - that means taking time and effort to develop both your charachter and the feel for the locations. IF that's not your cup of tea then don't buy the game (Why buy As a player of computer (as opposed to console) games for 24 years (i'm 38 now), this game is my current no1. Beating Atic Atak, Lords Of MIdnight, Elite, X-Com, and the rest over the years. It's an RPG - that means taking time and effort to develop both your charachter and the feel for the locations. IF that's not your cup of tea then don't buy the game (Why buy something you know you're not going to like ?) It's as close to open ended as you will get (though it's predeccessor "Morrowind" perhaps had the edge in that) If you don't like games that let you find your own way - then don't buy this game (Why buy something you're not going to like ?) If you think massive freeform immersive gaming is your thing - then this is THE best game available for XBOX 360 - and in the top 2 for PC (Again, perhaps MW was better - not sure yet) Take the minimum specs for PC with a pinch of salt - this game WILL eat everything your dual core processor and SLI graphics can provide. Having said that - a top end PC outperforms the XBOX360 by some margin (I have both) This is particualrly true of load times as you travel across open areas. A 2 gigabyte PC with fast SATA drives gives you smooth movement (you only realise it is loading a new area of wilderness because it tells you - if it didn't tell you you wouldn't know) However entering or leaving a city still has a small (5-8 second) load time - Normally just about the time I need to think about what I'm going to do next :-) gameplay is slightly simpler than MW (some say dumbed down - maybe that's so) Displayed stats are reduced a little - though they are obviously chugging away in the background. Menu scaling and moving is also nerfed from MW (as is moving multiple menus around the screen to get your ideal GUI) but again not a massive issue for me. Left graphics till last .... Rememer seeing 3dMark 2004 and going "Yeah - great demo - but you won't see those sort of graphics in games for a couple of years. Well here they are ... (as long as your PC is pretty much a beast) this game looks fabulous, and plays beautifully. It has flaws, but achieves so much. The free (and small to download) dev kit will add hundreds of hours of life to the PC version, User content for MW means even after 4 years it still has a huge community - Oblivion will go the same way, and , barring a miracle, will be just about everyone's "GAME OF THE YEAR". Expand
  76. PatrickI.
    Mar 28, 2006
    I finally found the RPG I've been looking for since 1981... I fully own and celebrate my own geekness (as does my wife, the former cheerleader)... an amazing view into the future of gaming and RPGs. Next stop, Elder Scrolls online?
  77. ChrisC
    Mar 29, 2006
    A definite must have for any 360 owner! I wasn't really into Elder Scrolls III : Morrowind, but Oblivion is great!
  78. MichaelD.
    Mar 29, 2006
    Beyond the eye-candy, beyond the stellar story-lines. This is a completely immersive environment where you can spend all your time collecting ingredients and making potions, or kicking butt in the Arena, or actually following the main quest and side quests to completion. This game will keep you glued to your machine and off the porn sites for a very long time.
  79. ColinC.
    Mar 31, 2006
    Okay, like a few others, I'd give this game a 9.8 if I could, because I too feel there's no such thing as a perfect game. But for right now, today, this game comes awfully close. For the record, I played and finished Morrowind on the Xbox. I've always refered to that game as the game that ate my life. Oblivion is a lot like Morrowind, only better (in some cases, stunningly Okay, like a few others, I'd give this game a 9.8 if I could, because I too feel there's no such thing as a perfect game. But for right now, today, this game comes awfully close. For the record, I played and finished Morrowind on the Xbox. I've always refered to that game as the game that ate my life. Oblivion is a lot like Morrowind, only better (in some cases, stunningly better.) It's simply the most immersive game I've ever played. But it's not for everyone. FPS twitch shooter junkies will probably be bored stiff by this game, as exploration plays a large part of it. (Although the new map system that allows you to instantly jump to any place you've ever been speeds things up remarkably.) If you're unsure about this game at all, don't simply not get it. You could be missing out on one the best gaming experiences you'll have in the next several years. Instead, rent it. If you love, buy it. For me, I'd have paid a $100 for this game and considered it well spent. Expand
  80. R.Williams
    Apr 11, 2006
    I can't stop playing Oblivion. Please help.
  81. RavenX301
    Apr 13, 2006
    I think you have to be a total jerk--off to not give this atleast a 9. Even if you dont like the game for playing, you can't deny its amazment. you have to be a total fool to put this game down lower then a 9. total fool.
  82. JonM.
    Apr 19, 2006
    If you used to play FF books, warhammer frp or D&D then you are going to love this game. If not, then you are going to love this game. Nearly a perfect game, stunningly beautiful on HDTV's.
  83. Ben
    Apr 30, 2006
    I don't even know what to say. This may be the best singleplayer game ever. Seriously. This game has endless possibilities, unbelievably intelligent human AI, thousands of side missions, 5 groups, about ten races, a ton of houses to buy, hundreds of ways to make money{including break-ins and gambling] It still maintains a level of art, too. I only have two complaints. There areI don't even know what to say. This may be the best singleplayer game ever. Seriously. This game has endless possibilities, unbelievably intelligent human AI, thousands of side missions, 5 groups, about ten races, a ton of houses to buy, hundreds of ways to make money{including break-ins and gambling] It still maintains a level of art, too. I only have two complaints. There are invisible walls as the perimeter of the game area[ which may just be because they are planning on adding new areas on an expansion] and there a long load times in cities. This game rocks, and that's coming from someone who generally hates RPGs. Expand
  84. JeremyL.
    Apr 30, 2006
    Even for an RPG sceptic this has totally gripped me and taken over my life like a deep love, almost. You can not stop thinking about this game and how you are going to progress. Its the only game since Elite back in the 80's that you can not tear yourself away from. It is a total addiction that i have found myself taking time off work to play and one of the only games you can Even for an RPG sceptic this has totally gripped me and taken over my life like a deep love, almost. You can not stop thinking about this game and how you are going to progress. Its the only game since Elite back in the 80's that you can not tear yourself away from. It is a total addiction that i have found myself taking time off work to play and one of the only games you can actually play all night without batting an eyelid . Then come home from work and start playing again and go all through the night again. I just want to complete every task , upgrade my character to the max and complete the main quest. I have played for 40 hours and feel i am just scraping the surface . Even the great GTA serious i had traded in by this time . It is a gaming masterpiece that has surpassed the best like Resi 4, Shenmue , GTA etc with still fuel in the tank. This is the benchmark that all next gen games will be measured. True value for money and every moment is an absolute pleasure to experience. Without question the best game i have ever played . The bar has been moved even higher. Expand
  85. NickGordenstein
    Apr 6, 2006
    Best game ive ever played! you cant get bored of this, fun for kids and adults. this is a never ending adventure with so many ways to play. It really lets you customize the Eyebrow size, or chin length ect. I also like the fact you can lift items and just play around with them. So many possabilites.
  86. ErikN.
    May 25, 2006
    Excellent and expansive game. While the complaints about level scaling may be valid to an extent, it has the alternate effect of opening the entire world up to a player from the beignning to the end, creating a much greater feeling of discovery and exploration.
  87. JackJ.
    Jun 17, 2006
    Entertained me hours after I competed the story.
  88. CamW.
    Jun 6, 2006
    it has great grapics and rollplaying.
  89. RedXIII
    Sep 1, 2006
    This game is perfect, there is absolutely nothing to complain about, the graphics are amazing, game play is flawless, sound is excellent, so many quests to complete, you can choose good or evil path, in depth customization, probably one of the best games I have ever played, this and final fantasy VII, if you don't have it run and buy it. If you like RPGs that is.
  90. BrettS.
    Sep 17, 2006
    WOW! Best game put out for the 360 yet!
  91. MikeC.
    Sep 22, 2006
    Although I didn't get into the campaign as much as my buddys did, you still have to apreciate the sheer scale, you can wonder around the world for 3 hours and still have a blast doing it. An incredible game.
  92. AlanA.
    Nov 18, 2007
    Oblivion Honestly Ranks up there among the best games ever made. Literally 100's of hours of game play and a great Plus those 100's of hours are some of the best I've ever personally played. The world of Cyrodiil is truly amazing the graphics wont let you down There GREAT. From Quests to Guilds Cyrodill Offers a lot. Oblivian ROCKS.
  93. LarsB.
    Nov 7, 2007
    Wonderful. depp storyline with thousand of sidequests... non-linear but fair to going through the main storyline. unbelievable graphics and effects. a lot of loading times and most dungeons look same. but it is GREAT!!!
  94. CallumF.
    Jan 18, 2007
    A truly breath taking game, one of the best I have ever seen. Theres just so much to do if you want to kill people you can ( all though watch out for the guards ) if you want to do quests you can and its never ending depending on your character the storys up to you.
  95. RichardL.
    Jan 2, 2007
    when i played this games i was amazed buy the graphics. I love rpgs when I got the 360 I already had Elder Scrolls IV for my pc and I loved it so I decided to go out and buy it just like the pc it was amazing but srory line was a little out there but I'll say it is the best RPG I've evered played so those ppl how like rpg, magic, medevil, mystic creatures, and knights you better when i played this games i was amazed buy the graphics. I love rpgs when I got the 360 I already had Elder Scrolls IV for my pc and I loved it so I decided to go out and buy it just like the pc it was amazing but srory line was a little out there but I'll say it is the best RPG I've evered played so those ppl how like rpg, magic, medevil, mystic creatures, and knights you better by this game cause it is so fun! Expand
  96. EstebanF.
    Dec 29, 2007
    Please ignore the previous review by Abarm T. Don't get fooled by its lenght, it is just pointless game bashing from a linear-JRPG-fan. This game is probably one of the greatest gaming experiences you will find. First, you won't need POWERLEVELING. The game will adjust to your needs. If you don't want to level up, you don't need to (you still can reach the max. level Please ignore the previous review by Abarm T. Don't get fooled by its lenght, it is just pointless game bashing from a linear-JRPG-fan. This game is probably one of the greatest gaming experiences you will find. First, you won't need POWERLEVELING. The game will adjust to your needs. If you don't want to level up, you don't need to (you still can reach the max. level of all your skills without the need to raise your basic level if you don't sleep, but instead wait). Also, you can change difficulty at ANY time. If it is getting too though, you can just use the difficulty-changing tool and make it easier or harder. I could go on a long time talking about this game, but it isn't necessary. It has it flaws, but its great anyways, just read the 95% of the reviews and you'll see that. Expand
  97. ImasI.
    Feb 13, 2007
    This game is the best rpg so far that has been released the only down point is you don't have the option of 2 player.
  98. JamesA.
    Feb 19, 2007
    LONG, pack almost (I think) about 200-350 hours if all missions are beaten, every room is entered, etc. Endless things to do. Download missions is kewl. Expansion pack will come out adding another 200 hrs to game (written 2/19/07). This game is really the only game you would ever need.
  99. NateC.
    Feb 24, 2007
    Oh...my...God. Best game ever period. Period! Graphics, gameplay, design, and story perfect in every way. I have have spent at least 36 hours on this game. It is amazing! I own Morrowind on the original Xbox, but WOW. Props Bethesda, you have done it. The only problem I have is it is taking up all of my time. Thank you GOD!
  100. Pidgeman
    Mar 7, 2007
    Unbelievable. Everything about this game is so good it makes other games look half hearted. You can just tell this was a labor of love. The graphics are the best you will find on xbox 360, you will find yourself wandering around just taking in the scenery. Forget final fantasy this is the best RPG ever. There are one or two minor glitches but that is to be expected on a game of this epic Unbelievable. Everything about this game is so good it makes other games look half hearted. You can just tell this was a labor of love. The graphics are the best you will find on xbox 360, you will find yourself wandering around just taking in the scenery. Forget final fantasy this is the best RPG ever. There are one or two minor glitches but that is to be expected on a game of this epic scale and they do not detract from the gameplay. As close to perfect as you will find. Expand

1. A refreshing, immersive, massive, satisfying and hugely impressive game.
  2. Oblivion not only raises the bar in the visual and audio modules but also in the gameplay and presentation department, making it easily one of the most recommendable titles to anyone who has ever enjoyed the thought of truly doing whatever they want in a video game, in a world where actions actually mean something.
  3. Oblivion is so deep it is hard to escape its grasp. Few things keep it down, such as loading times, and a few problems with visuals and sound, but the gameplay, the most important piece is dead-on.