8.4

1. Jun 12, 2013
    In my opinion, this is a great large add on. The world of the shivering isles is a beautiful land, with many hours of game play. Though a little bit expensive compared to other add ons, this add on is worth every penny.
  2. Mar 6, 2012
    The game itself was an 8 or 9, but the DLC was fantastic. Sheogorath is hilarious. It adds a whole new world to the game, similar to Point Lookout in Fallout 3. Interesting dichotomy of mania and dementia. Great main plot and if you desire side plots as well.
  3. PaoloA.
    Mar 27, 2007
    What can I say 'cept for one of the best games ever now has one of the best expansions ever. I just love how they plop the new realm right into the middle of the game via the download. If you ask me, Oblivion can be a never-ending game with non-stop expansion packs...bring it Bethesda (I dare you)! The new creatures, weapons, missions and atmosphere breathes new life into what What can I say 'cept for one of the best games ever now has one of the best expansions ever. I just love how they plop the new realm right into the middle of the game via the download. If you ask me, Oblivion can be a never-ending game with non-stop expansion packs...bring it Bethesda (I dare you)! The new creatures, weapons, missions and atmosphere breathes new life into what already was a creep fest of a game, I can't wait to go home and play some more! Expand
  4. Andyman
    Mar 30, 2007
    A massive, very well-crafted addition to the already outstanding Oblivion world. Its storyline is unforgettable, its characters equally so. At $30, this expansion is a better value than half of the 360's retail library (I'm looking at you, Electronic Arts). If you like Oblivion at all, get this expansion NOW.
  5. MattW.
    Apr 11, 2007
    So I downloaded this expansion pack about 2 days ago, and CAN NOT stop playing it. It shows that they really put alot of time into this add on. I have not completed it yet but I strongly suggest you give it a try if you like the regular game itself!
  6. TerrenceN.
    May 9, 2007
    This expansion is every bit as enjoyable (if not more) than the original game. I will not stop until I have drained every second of playtime out of this one!
  7. ShawnP
    Aug 15, 2009
    When you compare what you get here for your 1600 points against other games versions of expansions for the same or more you find there really is no comparison at all. If the 30+ hours of new gameplay isn't enough to compel you the enjoyable characters and great quests/side quests should. Bottom line is that after hundreds of hours already sunk into Oblivion this expansion reignited When you compare what you get here for your 1600 points against other games versions of expansions for the same or more you find there really is no comparison at all. If the 30+ hours of new gameplay isn't enough to compel you the enjoyable characters and great quests/side quests should. Bottom line is that after hundreds of hours already sunk into Oblivion this expansion reignited my love of the game to play for another few hundred. Expand
  8. TomD.
    Mar 15, 2007
    This game is really good. I think it is the best dang game of the year and It is the best expansion pack I have played in my entire life!
  9. Sycruss
    Mar 27, 2007
    There is no better expansion, on any game console better than this....Period.!!!! And if you played the game from when it came out and explored every nook and cranny, then you may still be playing the original with some of the downloads. Add this, and you have the best Priced and playable-re playable, expanded RPG in history.
  10. NyteO.
    Mar 31, 2007
    A welcome addition to the elder scroll world. The shivering isle is insane and beautiful at the same time. It brings some new hardware to your already briming armoury. the creation of specific weapons and armour is a nice addition. strange exotic flora and fauna, puts you in awe. hell the world itself is beautiful as mentioned earlier. the negative side aspect is mapping of the npc feet A welcome addition to the elder scroll world. The shivering isle is insane and beautiful at the same time. It brings some new hardware to your already briming armoury. the creation of specific weapons and armour is a nice addition. strange exotic flora and fauna, puts you in awe. hell the world itself is beautiful as mentioned earlier. the negative side aspect is mapping of the npc feet to the floor. There's still a gap from time to time and running on certain gradient looks unnatural (jerky too). The 360 has been out for awhile now, why are developers still using too much lighting? Expand
  11. MichaelP.
    Mar 27, 2007
    I was able to download this game right when it came out on the 26th, and played for over 5 hours that night. This is a great expansion with numerous new items all set in a world designed with "mania" and "dementia" and will make you want to continue playing Elder Scrolls 4. I would advise anyone who enjoyed the original to download this expansion pack.
  12. KrazN
    Mar 27, 2007
    A great addition to Oblivion and the new psychedelic art style is sure to be a hit after all those grey castles.
  13. LarsB.
    Apr 13, 2007
    fantastic graphics, good gameplay, but truly a lot of loading times...
  14. RedXIII
    Apr 23, 2007
    Great expansion for a great game, well worth the $30. Lots of new quests, new armor/weapons, new places, a whole new realm to explore, a must have for oblivion fans.
  15. SanzeeBoy
    Jul 29, 2009
    This is the greatest expansion pack for any game ever released. Not only is it filled with hours of extra content, it's totally worth the 1600 Microsoft Points (20.00) it costs to buy it. If you have the game Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, purchasing this expansion pack isn't just a suggestion, it's a requirement.

1. It’s definitely a worthwhile Live Arcade download for Oblivion fans, rejuvenating it and giving your character some wonderful new tricks. Frankly, you’d have to be mad to miss it.
    It respects a player's ability to make decisions, offers some useful armor sets and weapons, delivers up a vivid, more imaginative variation on the traditional high fantasy province of Cyrodiil, and will reinvigorate that addictive itch for exploration inspired by Oblivion.
  3. Game Informer
    With that said, it should come as no surprise to hear Shivering Isles is a bonafide masterpiece and the best the Elder Scrolls series has to offer. [Apr 2007, p.94]