7.1

1. Jun 26, 2012
    First off, Fort Dawnguard looks breathtaking! You get a werewolf/vampire skill tree, crossbows and 10-20 hours of content. With many new games today releasing with only around 10-15 hours of total content, we get this awesome expansion for arguably the best game of all time and it only cost $20. While dawnguard is not as extensive as, say, Shivering Isles, it's a great deal and it's the first DLC I've ever stayed up all night for. Expand
  2. Dec 16, 2012
    Woah woah woah. Whats with all the negative reviews. I found this DLC very enjoyable-much more content then some call of duty DLC. Even more so, this dlc got me back into skyrim.
  3. Jun 29, 2012
    Its more Skyrim, which is a good thing. Dual story lines mean you essentially get two games in one, which helps mitigate the 20$ price tag. Plus, Serana may be the hottest companion yet!
  4. Jun 29, 2012
    Overall, I enjoyed Dawn Guard and thoroughly.. No, this is not in the ranks with The Shivering Isles. More like in the middle of that and The Knights of the Nine The story was lacking, with jumping plots and it strayed far away from the Gothic vampire theme. But the bonuses such as the vampire and werewolf perk trees to the new gear (Dawn guard & vampire armor. etc) made the D.L.C completely worth the low 20$ price tag. I think a respectable nine is what this D.L.C deserves. Expand
  5. Jun 27, 2012
    This DLC is a must buy for anyone looking to enhance their Skyrim experience even more. This DLC introduces so many new features, and improves existing ones. The fact that they take vampires to a whole new level is great in itself.
  6. Dec 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am aware that a number of people were disappointed with the Dawnguard dlc and it is due to that, that I feel its worth stressing the fact that this piece of dlc was an add-on. The fact that Dawnguard is on add-on impressed me more when playing, as Bethesda have managed to introduce new and interesting areas without having to leave the Skyrim area. I will not deny the fact that at times you are sent to areas which you may or may not have previously visited. However, these missions are generally side-quests and do not pertain to the main quest line. Also, the new npcs introduce new companions and the new ability trees allow you to experience being either a vampire or werewolf in a new and more in depth way. Once again Bethesda have shown that they know how to make brilliant dlc, which actually fits within the world of Skyrim. Therefore, I found this content very interesting, detailed and fun to play and I especially loved the attention to detail used by Bethesda when creating the new npcs. Expand
  7. Jun 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I first heard about this DLC I thought it was great news. I purchased this as soon as I could off of the XBL marketplace and I don't regret a cent of it. It isn't as large as Shivering Isle, but I would say it is equally as enjoyable. I enjoyed every last bit of it, especially the saints soul.

If you enjoyed Skyrim, this DLC is a must purchase.
  8. Oct 31, 2012
    Game is huge, you can spend hours playing it and world is amazing. However the relay to much on the radiant quests, which can get old quick. While they do have some amusing quests, it lacks the character of some of the older games.
  9. Oct 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First off, I love werewolves, vampires, and Skyrim. This dlc is the perfect mix of all of them. Secondly, both the keeps radiate that old gothic vibe, especially the Castle, so awesome. This dlc expanded on the base games werewolves and added in a new form, the vampire lord. This new form is like the mage version of the werewolf except it can be activated and deactivated anytime and place. Their are many new quests to partake in. This dlc adds so much content to the already content rich game of Skyrim, if you're think about getting this dlc you won't regret it. Expand
  10. Jun 29, 2012
    I think besthesda did a great job with this add on. I mean, the perks for werewolves, and vampires alone is just plain fun. No, it's not the greatest of add-ons, but it definitely ranks in the top 5 that i've ever played.
  11. Jul 24, 2012
    With so many developers now releasing new skins for the characters and calling it DLC or two or three map packs and calling that DLC, Dawnguard is a refreshing change of pace. While it is not an entirely new domain to explore (ala Shivering Isles that seems to be the highest comparison) it definitely gives you 20+ hours of new content. Not to mention that it also fixes things like Vampires being such push-overs and the Werewolf being all but useless. The crossbows could have been made better in my opinion by being stronger to compensate for the long reloads, or make 1-handed versions of them. Also I was disappointed that they didn't offer all levels of crossbows (daedric/dragonbone crossbows would have been nice). I felt that the stories and unique items that were added were a nice addition to the already epic scope of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The graphics did not disappoint, however there were several situations with the Vampire Lord forms and actions that were buggy. With a game and an expansion this size, bugs are to be expected and I hope that most people are taking that into consideration.

All in all this was a very nice and well done addition to the epic Skyrim universe.
  12. Sep 27, 2012
    This being the first DLC for SKYRIM I believe it was amazing, however, I also feel it could have been longer and more challenging. I also liked taking on other forms, but I would have liked even more to see my standard character get a couple of extra perks.
  13. Jun 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers. Dawnguard is a welcome addition to the near endless content which Skyrim has to offer. It expands on the lack of vampire related lore and game play in vanilla Skyrim and does a good job presenting a unique and in my opinion a more interesting story than Skyrim Collapse

1. Feb 25, 2013
    Dawnguard is much more substantial add-on than Hearthfire, adding on a full storyline centered on a war between the vampires and the Dawnguard.
  2. Oct 14, 2012
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Dawnguard. Bethesda shows how a dlc should be done. Dawnguard's 20-euro price tag is quite steep, but the amount of quality content more than makes up for it. Also, playing as a vampire lord is a welcome distraction. [Sept 2012]
  3. Aug 8, 2012