5.8

1. Sep 5, 2012
    Okay, I just made an account here, specifically to express my opinion on this DLC. First, PC-players should steer clear. This DLC does not add anything that is not already available through plug-ins made by other players.
    As for XBOX360 owners, I reckon that even a big Skyrim fan might be disappointed by this DLC. The house building mechanic is fun and such, but the customizability is exaggerated in the trailer, it's actually quite limited. As far as I am concerned, this DLC does not live up to my expectations for it, just like Dawnguard has been a disappointment for most. Seriously Bethesda, I thought you were going for DLC-content that actually adds something to the game, instead of a vampire chicken monster and SimSkyrim. Now stop kidding and make something that really adds to the game. Sincerely, a TES fan.
  2. Mar 31, 2013
    Well so far everything Skyrim and Dawnguard cannot even come close to how down right garbage this expansion was. When I first thought of building my house and having children. I was like "YES! now I can build my evil wizard tower!" I than load up the game to find out just how limited you are. You get to choose the location, and the North, West, and East parts of the house. And you areWell so far everything Skyrim and Dawnguard cannot even come close to how down right garbage this expansion was. When I first thought of building my house and having children. I was like "YES! now I can build my evil wizard tower!" I than load up the game to find out just how limited you are. You get to choose the location, and the North, West, and East parts of the house. And you are stuck with a cottage. So no wizard tower for me. And to top that there is no choice of design in the furniture. It is simple and boring. So I was like "Forget building a house!" So I decided to adopt some children and have them live in one of my existing houses. But guess what, there are no Khajiit children! So I can only have human children and I am a freaking Khajiit. Not a Nord, Redguard, Imperial or Breton. This expansion is a slap to the face to all Elder Scroll fans. It is not worth $5 or any money at all. This should have been free. Because I can go out and get a mod FOR FREE! So far Bethesda has completely disappointed me with DLC and Skyrim itself. Expand
  3. Sep 8, 2012
    I'm a huge TES fan, I loved Skyrim, I even liked Dawnguard (yeah, it wasnt' as great as I thought it would, but nonetheless it brought me several hours of entertainment), but Hearthfire just isn't worth it. I expected a deal more customization (on the trailer it seemed you could do an awful lot more of stuff). I would say it is a complete disappointment and something unthinkable fromI'm a huge TES fan, I loved Skyrim, I even liked Dawnguard (yeah, it wasnt' as great as I thought it would, but nonetheless it brought me several hours of entertainment), but Hearthfire just isn't worth it. I expected a deal more customization (on the trailer it seemed you could do an awful lot more of stuff). I would say it is a complete disappointment and something unthinkable from Bethesda, but then I remembered the fortress things DLCs for Oblivion and guess you could call Hearthfire something akin to them. I guess not everything are Shivering Isles. The 5$ price is OK, but only if you are still playing Skyrim for itself, it will add some depth, albeit not much, and Hearthfire homes are better than the ones you could buy being thane at the big cities. Expand
  4. Sep 6, 2012
    State ancora vagando per le terre dei Nord oppure avete completato tutto quello che il gioco aveva da offrire e volete una buona scusa per rimettere Skyrim nella vostra 360? Eccovi un nuovo DLC in esclusiva, almeno per il momento, per la console Microsoft.

L'espansione parte come molte delle missioni originali del gioco: camminando per le strade di una città qualsiasi, un messaggero vi lascierà una missiva, dandovi una scusa per fare visita all'orfanotrofio. Qua avrete la possibilità di adottare un bambino ovviamente, ma dove metterlo? Bè qua arriva il lato "Minecraftiano" del DLC: avrete adesso la possibilità di costruire da zero la vostra casa dei sogni, con tanto di arredamenti, stalla, orto etc. etc. Il terreno da costruire vi costerà 5000 monete d'oro e per iniziare avrete qualche materiale grezzo da poter plasmare.

Ferro, legname, pietra, paglia, conundrum e così via: con queste materie e il vostro banco da lavoro potrete creare tutto quello che volete. O meglio, quasi tutto: gli oggetti da creare sono veramente molti ma sono tutti già presenti nell'editor di gioco. Non potrete dare sfogo alla vostra fantasia per creare un oggetto che vi renderà delle icone del design di Skyrim nè potrete scegliere la collocazione delle cose. Tutto quello che costruirete si posizionerà magicamente al suo posto, come deciso dai programmatori Bethesda. La cosa lascia un po' l'amaro in bocca anche perchè l'unica cosa che possiamo fare è recuperare le materie, dovendone comprare la maggior parte, e basta. Dare ai giocatori qualche variabile sulla costruzione sarebbe stata un'aggiunta gradevole, e aggiungerei quasi obbligata. La volontà da parte di Bethesda di creare un DLC per "sviluppare" la parte sociale del proprio alter-ego sembra, così com'è, una forzatura bella e buona. Non c'è un vero e proprio motivo per mettersi a creare una casa quando in ogni città ce n'è una disponibile all'acquisto praticamente identica. L'espansione oltretutto non aggiunge una virgola alla storia e tutto quello che vi ritroverete a fare sarà viaggiare dal vostro appezzamento di terreno al più vicino emporio per comprare quello che vi serve. Stop.

Il DLC è venduto a 400 MSP che al cambio diventano 5
  5. Sep 8, 2012
    nothing mods can't do, and if you're into mods, you have a PC. There's no reason why this DLC should exist. The game is fine as it is, and this is simply not even worth considering, I guess the intention of Bethesda was good, but this is simply not worth the time
  6. Jan 1, 2016
    This DLC doesn't add any content to the game, but instead gives players the ability to create a home in the Skyrim world. For console players, this is a new possibility for Sims-like immersion which I'm sure many will appreciate. However, the DLC is pointless for PC players who are into modding. Even if you can't make your own mods, you can find mods that do what this DLC does and muchThis DLC doesn't add any content to the game, but instead gives players the ability to create a home in the Skyrim world. For console players, this is a new possibility for Sims-like immersion which I'm sure many will appreciate. However, the DLC is pointless for PC players who are into modding. Even if you can't make your own mods, you can find mods that do what this DLC does and much more. Personally, I think this type of Sims playing should NOT be the focus of an Elder Scrolls game!

Personalkly

1. Feb 25, 2013
    Considering that this is a smaller piece of Skyrim DLC than Dawnguard, though, that nitpick doesn’t deter me from saying that Hearthfire is worth the price of admission. Customizing a home and populating it with kids fits perfectly into the premise of making the Skyrim world your own, and it’s certainly provided some fun add-on entertainment.
  2. Nov 19, 2012
    Overall, the entire endeavor is extremely costly and a good chunk of playtime is necessary to amass enough money to trick out the small mansion after blowing thousands on the initial structure. Yet this is perhaps the true quality of Hearthfire-the ability to simply get players back into the world of Skyrim after abandoning it after exhausting the main quest or slaying through the Dawnguard expansion.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 13, 2012
    Hearthfire is a cosmetic add-on that enables you to build three houses and adopt children. Although relatively cheap (400 MSP), there is no story to speak of and the house building options are very limited. [Oct 2012]