5.8

1. Apr 21, 2013
    I did like the content added in this pack, but in the end it was too unfinished and added far too many glitches to be good. I was hoping patches would solve many of the issues, however, with BethSoft moving on to 'newer projects', it's clear that won't be happening, so I am forced to render my judgement.
  2. Jun 3, 2013
    Take Minecraft, mix it with Skyrim and water the whole thing down and you'll get Hearthfire. It doesn't offer as much customization as I thought it would, though creating your own house and designing it as you see fit is fairly fun. After building your first house, though, building the rest just feels like manual labor.

Overall, not worth the price tag, but a nice diversion from the

Overall, not worth the price tag, but a nice diversion from the action in the rest of the game.
  3. Apr 30, 2013
    This is a really fun add-on, and while I can't consciously give it above a 7, it DOES deserve a positive review. Skyrim takes the "really live in this world" thing that the Elder Scrolls have been bringing us and really immerses you, and Hearthfire does a great job of that! You don't like a city life? Well, go make your own house! That is awesome to me, and fun. The customizing is prettyThis is a really fun add-on, and while I can't consciously give it above a 7, it DOES deserve a positive review. Skyrim takes the "really live in this world" thing that the Elder Scrolls have been bringing us and really immerses you, and Hearthfire does a great job of that! You don't like a city life? Well, go make your own house! That is awesome to me, and fun. The customizing is pretty good, some bugginess, but not too much, and the detail is great. I really like each plot having it's own special thingy, like a fishery or beehive. That was really neat to discover. Plus, it's fun to "come home" to a couple of kids, a wife, and sit down to a dinner you cook in game. There isn't much to it other than this, but it's neat enough to warrant a purchase! Expand
  4. Apr 16, 2013
    Just adds what should have been in Skyrim from the beginning, they could just patched it instead, and it adds more glitches than before. It doesn't ruin the game experience though, and that's good enough for me.
  5. Sep 6, 2012
    I would like to enjoy this DLC more, but it is marred with glitches. So far I've only been able to access one plot of land to build on from the Jarl of Morthal. I have traveled to the two others, Dawnstar, and Falkreath several times, but the courier has yet to arrive. Moreover, It does not have as much freedom of creation as I expected. There is only one building style for your manor; II would like to enjoy this DLC more, but it is marred with glitches. So far I've only been able to access one plot of land to build on from the Jarl of Morthal. I have traveled to the two others, Dawnstar, and Falkreath several times, but the courier has yet to arrive. Moreover, It does not have as much freedom of creation as I expected. There is only one building style for your manor; I would like my three homes' facades at least to look different from one another. Further, your home is built in a fixed location, as well as the decor. I would have rated this DLC higher, had I been able to enjoy it properly, because for the most part it is cool. But Hearthfire deserves a 6 (perhaps even lower) because of what a crappy job Bethesda did with all of the glitches, AT LEAST MAKE IT PLAYABLE! Further, if I was a PS3 owner, I would certainly feel betrayed. Expand
  6. Sep 14, 2012
    I play Skyrim on the Xbox360 and I've been waiting for an add-on like this for a very long time, I understand why a pc user wouldn'tt like this dlc because they have mods where you can get bigger houses with more content - but for the Xbox360 this is great, you can customise your very own house! and adopt children so for a role-player like me this game is perfect. I have to admit thoughI play Skyrim on the Xbox360 and I've been waiting for an add-on like this for a very long time, I understand why a pc user wouldn'tt like this dlc because they have mods where you can get bigger houses with more content - but for the Xbox360 this is great, you can customise your very own house! and adopt children so for a role-player like me this game is perfect. I have to admit though walking around looking for people who can offer wood and other items for your house is annoying unless you have a lot of gold. But it's great being able to have a real home all to your self in this amazing game. Expand
  7. Sep 4, 2012
    1) It's apparently acceptable for Bethesda to make console players pay for a dumbed-down creation kit, which is free and much more feature-ladden on PC. 2) You can't even share your own creations. 3) Bethesda laughs all the way to the bank.
  8. Jul 21, 2013
    Hearthfire isn't really a DLC,its more a little Plugin.People who think they've seen everything in Skyrim and are bored,can get a few Hours of Fun with this DLC Plugin,but don't expect too much.For its low price of 5 Dollars Euros ,it doesn't offer Content like in Dawnguard or Dragonborn.But if you enjoyed playing Skyrim,and feel bored now,you can get a few more hours of fun...
  9. Nov 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute! Why on earth are you reviewing a DLC about building a house. It's a freaking house, we have established that. what is the point of having a conversation about it?
    Though it is a GREAT way to increase your blacksmithing skill.
  10. Sep 6, 2012
    Does it add to the game play? Not really...Bandit/Kidnapper/Troll attacks are meh. Does it add to the immersion? Yes. Love building my own estate with all the fixins. Could it have been more customizable and robust? Sure, but remember it only a $4 add on and gives you one less loading screen to access you're own house (versus entering a city, then entering your house). If you're aDoes it add to the game play? Not really...Bandit/Kidnapper/Troll attacks are meh. Does it add to the immersion? Yes. Love building my own estate with all the fixins. Could it have been more customizable and robust? Sure, but remember it only a $4 add on and gives you one less loading screen to access you're own house (versus entering a city, then entering your house). If you're a collector of stuff or alchemist these estates with their greenhouse, trophy room, armory and gardens area must have. Haven't tried the adoption thing and find it hard to believe its anything but tedious but whatevs...6/10 not bad, fairly priced and a definite buy if you still wander the realm of the Dovakiin Expand
  11. Sep 6, 2012
    State ancora vagando per le terre dei Nord oppure avete completato tutto quello che il gioco aveva da offrire e volete una buona scusa per rimettere Skyrim nella vostra 360? Eccovi un nuovo DLC in esclusiva, almeno per il momento, per la console Microsoft.

L'espansione parte come molte delle missioni originali del gioco: camminando per le strade di una città qualsiasi, un messaggero vi lascierà una missiva, dandovi una scusa per fare visita all'orfanotrofio. Qua avrete la possibilità di adottare un bambino ovviamente, ma dove metterlo? Bè qua arriva il lato "Minecraftiano" del DLC: avrete adesso la possibilità di costruire da zero la vostra casa dei sogni, con tanto di arredamenti, stalla, orto etc. etc. Il terreno da costruire vi costerà 5000 monete d'oro e per iniziare avrete qualche materiale grezzo da poter plasmare.

Ferro, legname, pietra, paglia, conundrum e così via: con queste materie e il vostro banco da lavoro potrete creare tutto quello che volete. O meglio, quasi tutto: gli oggetti da creare sono veramente molti ma sono tutti già presenti nell'editor di gioco. Non potrete dare sfogo alla vostra fantasia per creare un oggetto che vi renderà delle icone del design di Skyrim nè potrete scegliere la collocazione delle cose. Tutto quello che costruirete si posizionerà magicamente al suo posto, come deciso dai programmatori Bethesda. La cosa lascia un po' l'amaro in bocca anche perchè l'unica cosa che possiamo fare è recuperare le materie, dovendone comprare la maggior parte, e basta. Dare ai giocatori qualche variabile sulla costruzione sarebbe stata un'aggiunta gradevole, e aggiungerei quasi obbligata. La volontà da parte di Bethesda di creare un DLC per "sviluppare" la parte sociale del proprio alter-ego sembra, così com'è, una forzatura bella e buona. Non c'è un vero e proprio motivo per mettersi a creare una casa quando in ogni città ce n'è una disponibile all'acquisto praticamente identica. L'espansione oltretutto non aggiunge una virgola alla storia e tutto quello che vi ritroverete a fare sarà viaggiare dal vostro appezzamento di terreno al più vicino emporio per comprare quello che vi serve. Stop.

Il DLC è venduto a 400 MSP che al cambio diventano 5

1. Feb 25, 2013
    Considering that this is a smaller piece of Skyrim DLC than Dawnguard, though, that nitpick doesn’t deter me from saying that Hearthfire is worth the price of admission. Customizing a home and populating it with kids fits perfectly into the premise of making the Skyrim world your own, and it’s certainly provided some fun add-on entertainment.
  2. Nov 19, 2012
    Overall, the entire endeavor is extremely costly and a good chunk of playtime is necessary to amass enough money to trick out the small mansion after blowing thousands on the initial structure. Yet this is perhaps the true quality of Hearthfire-the ability to simply get players back into the world of Skyrim after abandoning it after exhausting the main quest or slaying through the Dawnguard expansion.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 13, 2012
    Hearthfire is a cosmetic add-on that enables you to build three houses and adopt children. Although relatively cheap (400 MSP), there is no story to speak of and the house building options are very limited. [Oct 2012]