8.4

1. Dec 8, 2011
    A game for babies who can't handle challenge or difficulty:-

It seems game companys today are terrified of making their games a challenge. They simply want to create visual immersive exploration with NO THREAT OR CHALLENGE to the player whatsoever. And Bethsoft leads the pack when it comes to dumbing down.

- Gold rains from the sky. You get so much gold you end up finishing the
    game with millions of gold coins and nothing to ever spend it on, as everthing you need comes from loot. Having so much gold destroys the fun of looting, thieving and saving up for something special [Of which there is nothing to save up for in this game]

- Hand holding. No need to think. Quest counters show you the way. This game caters to the "i cant read teh books" X-Box crowd who dont want to study the journal or actually LISTEN to the npc tell you what to do when it gives you a quest.

- Combat is easy. Dragons are easy and dumbed down. AI is easy and dumbed down.

- Stats are removed, turning it into an action game instead of a true RPG.

- Classes are removed. Guess they don't want console gamers having to THINK about what past their characters have.

- Visuals are typically X-Box blurry and ugly. No consideration for superior PC machines that could render 10 times that clarity. You'd think companies would make a hi resolution pack of PC gamers to sell more copies to PC owners.

Typical Bethsoft game. No challenge rubbish for console gamers. Give it a HUGE miss or mod the heck out of it to make it MAYBE worth playing.
  2. Nov 17, 2011
    This would be a _fantastic_ game if it didn't crash every 30 minutes. Outstanding gameplay, fantastic graphics but buggy as all get out.

error: Your review must be at least 150 characters long.
  3. Nov 29, 2011
    There is virtually no choice and consequence whatsoever. Quests rarely have any branching paths or variables that hold lasting effects according to your actions; indeed, as demonstrated by Skyrim and Oblivion beforehand, Bethesda fasely believes that "role-playing" amounts to little more than "having alot of stuff to do." Combat is incredibly flawed and was not improved upon over Oblivion in the slightest; enemy A.I. is without any complexity or variation, and this, coupled with the lack of precision in attacks ("WOAH LOOK AT THAT CAMERA FLYING EVERYWHERE WHEN I SWING REALISTIC!!!111!!!11") reduces battles to little more than mindless hack n' slash fests, with the only "challenge" in these battles being how well you can last out against objects with inflated stats (This isn't Skyward Sword, or Dark Souls, where you actually have to think and adapt your strategies accordingly to different battles; the only difference among Skyrim's foes, most of the time, is what numbers are attributed to each NPC).

The leveling system is terrible and encourages mindless grinding. While "practice makes perfect" works in theory, you aren't actually practicing when you level your one-handed skill, for example; you're just repeatedly hacking and slashing to get higher points. This stands in opposition to games such as Dark Souls, where you are rewarded for tackling tough enemies that require thought to take down. In Skyrim, you are rewarded for doing nothing.

On that note, level scaling is terrible. Early on, abilities seem to be balanced; there are fair benefits to going with either a melee or magic build. Later on, the system becomes incredibly broken, giving unfair advantages to melee builds and rendering casters useless.

The animations are still hideous and robotic, and differ little, in quality, from Oblivion's (In fact, many of them seem to be ripped straight FROM Oblivion).

Quests are poorly designed and feel like standard MMO fair (Which should be inexcusable in a game that is NOT an MMO); unfortunately, there is no hint of quality story-telling to mask this problem (It's as if Bethesda's writers spent a little too much time in the young adult literature section of the local library and came back believing they could write quality fantasy with compelling characters).

While the overworld is nice and gives the illusion of complex design, dungeons are still cramped, narrow corridors without any nuance to their design. The environment itself should be a challenge; if there is no challenge present in the dungeons, it is pointless to include them.

The game does feature quality music, and the visuals are pretty (Except when you get a little too close to a wall or the ground and realize how low-quality the textures can be), but that isn't enough to mask the game's mechanical flaws. Skyrim may be a great nature walk simulator, but it's a bad game.
  4. Dec 10, 2011
    Mmmmm, WHERE to start? Obviously, many users now know of the many bugs, glitches, borked gameplay issues, errors that have plagued various versions of SKYRIM. -From broken quest lines to missed triggers, flying horses, missing heads on player-toons, backward dragons and more, SKYRIM's reviews have also been blessed with PERFECT 10s and desultory 0s, depending upon the multivariable motivations or largesse of individual reviewers. And, while this writer's XBOX version game state evidences missing heads, collision errors between AI and objects, poor pathing, disappearing textures, falling thru the world, hardlocking of the console repeatedly; it does NOT, at least presently, demonstrate sack-crushing lag. . . . BUT, of course, IF game reviews were based solely upon game design documents or designer-fantasies, then EVERY game might garner accolades and generous sell-thru at retail. SKYRIM, on the obverse, has enjoyed massive sales, skewing reviews, and growing condemnation from irate gamers and a limited number of gaming publications and sites, late to the party, due to an avalanche of bugs and broken content. Many users and reviewers have touted argumentation that a game with as much vision as SKYRIM would be bound to have anomalies and glitches. Yes, due to sheer size and scope, a larger aggregation of code would tend to increase the possibility of glitches or odd circumstances. Conversely, when a specific version of a game does NOT work on the system or console that it was designed for; then, something is amiss. Emergent gameplay does NOT mean, random crashes, falling thru the world, disappearing npcs, backward dragons and other oddities; particularly, when nearly ALL of those issues could be easily reproduced, by testers, prior to launch and remedied. Yes, BETHESDA dropped SKYRIM on 11-11-2011, but it might have actually worked as intended IF they'd waited a bit; maybe 11-11-3011. So, then, the conundrum remains: Is SKYRIM worthy of a 10 due to its ambition or a 0 due to its faulty and broken implementation? Alternatively, should movies be rated based upon any future "Director's Cut" version or secret "second ending" on a proposed DVD release or the version the moviemakers shovel into the theaters for your initial approval at launch? Can a game garner GoTY accolades and awards when, in fact, it does NOT run as intended or, not at all, in the case of the PS3 version? For BETHESDA-supporters to intimate that the game's problems are due, in large majority, to the limitations of various hardware is specious; seeming logical but utterly false when closely examined. Moreover, reconsider all the various and SIMILAR issues that other titles from BETHESDA have had, including curiously similar problems with FALLOUT: NEW VEGAS, its own DLC and savegame corruption, incompatibilities and base code issues. . . . BETHESDA, have created their own fact-pattern; repeatedly releasing games with issues and hurried remedies, often to no avail. Expand
  5. Feb 24, 2012
    I'm probably just a minor crowd here but it seems this and oblivion aren't the games for me.. I don't want a game where I can explore walking about and looking at the scenes. Those are good but not a main selling point for me. I'm tired of this game showing up when i try to find top 10 RPGs of 2011. I'm into RPGs for captivating stories.. games that fill me with a sense of purpose when I get around a main turning point. I want to read a story book without having to open a book :). In this game the story seems to be in the background with other features shining in the foreground. That doesn't represent the Role Playing Game genre to me.. But.. from the ratings this game is generally getting, it seems I am a rare breed. Expand
  6. Dec 19, 2011
    Skyrim wins for most overrated game of the year. Seriously, I find nothing good about this game that is worthy of getting all of the attention it is getting right now. This game is probably more overrated and overhyped than COD has ever been. Battlefield 3 **** on this game so bad yet all of the awards this year only talked about this **** ass game.
  7. Dec 29, 2011
    Horrible and disapointing game. Skyrim is everything Elder Scrolls fans did not want. Its smaller,stripped,mainstreamed,buggy and ugly game. If this is the new direction of Elder Scrolls then this serie is dead for me. It certainly won my FOTY(Fail of the year) award this year.
  8. Nov 14, 2011
    Not that well designed. Graphics are a minor upgrade from Oblivion. Textures are bad, see glitches everywhere. People I've killed have hovered above me in mid-air, and continued to blink. Seems like minor stuff they missed, but it makes the world of difference. Wish they had QA'd it first, before they released it to the mass public, looking to make a quick dollar.
  9. Nov 15, 2011
    Overhyped nonsense with outdated graphics, it's basically fallout with swords, so that means it's like fallout with a quater of the content. I don't understand the hype for this turd, super glitchy on day 1 and yet no one craps on it like every other game out there. It's ok fanboys you can have your moment.
  10. Nov 13, 2011
    The UI alone makes this game not fun to play. Using gaming console interface cheapened up is bad, but add in the bugs and lack of consistent hot-key saving results in a recurring nightmare.
  11. Dec 11, 2011
    Fire the guy who designed the interface. Just. Fire. Him. It's the worst interface I've ever seen. We have a mouse, non a gamepad. Apart from that, is the same game we already knew from Oblivion. Lots of bugs, pleasant graphics (but you can do better IF you don't do a straight from console porting) et cetera. If you liked Oblivion you will like this. If you couldnÃ
  12. Dec 7, 2011
    A definite 'buy' If you want to amuse your friends with Dragons that fly spastically backwards, Weapon racks that fail to activate (oh hold on... that is Whiterun only... my Windhelm one activates and places the weapons 'through' the wall), Mannequins that have their assorted body parts that vanish when adding your armor for display, Book shelves that no longer activate to hold books and of course my favorite... LAGGGGGGGGGGGG. Expand
  13. Nov 20, 2011
    Skyrim brings 'all flash no substance' to an entirely new level. Somehow people are impressed by having giant sub-par looking landscapes and tons of NPC's even if it substitutes an actually decent combat system, or basically any gameplay mechanic that's even remotely challenging or polished. If a game based around conflict doesn't have a good combat system, it has nothing. Plain and simple. Bethesda opted for a big world instead of a well designed one, and that's what they got. I'd rather play several better smaller games then waste my time playing one bad big one. Expand
  14. Nov 25, 2011
    I hate it when they give perfect score without even finishing i mean it has many bugs, boring battle scene, boring gameplay attack, boring story, it only has huge world but always the same they took 5 years to make it but still it has many bugs.
  15. Jul 16, 2012
    One of the most annoying games i have ever played. I really don't understand what most people mean when they say the Graphics are good. They are pathetic!Terrible! And how can someone call this game Non-linear. The (disappointing) story is kinda straight, except for even more annoying side missions. But what tops all of this is the traveling you have to do after every mission. Literally, and i mean literally, a new mission meant traveling to other corner of the Map. It takes a while for you to level-up your stamina, and therefore you can't event sprint the whole distance. So you'll end up walking from one end to the other, and to do what!! Deliver a jewel, kill a wolf, talk to a lady. OMG! And while everyone keeps talking about you being the Dragonborn, there is not a moment in the game when you feel you've actually achieved anything in the game. Leveling up makes no sense, as the other characters move with you, so you pretty much remain where you are. A huge letdown. I am amazed at the score the reviewers have given this game. Do yourself a favor by laying your hands off this one. I have promised myself never to get another game by Bethesda. Expand
  16. Nov 28, 2011
    The reason this gets 1 point is that at least it looks decent. The muddy color palette does have its moments, even though it looks awful the majority of the time. The character creation is also very awful looking, it takes playing around with it for an hour or more to get something that looks good. One you get into the world, it is a impressive game. The cities are fun to walk around in the environment is fun to explore. However, the dreadful winter landscapes soon lose their appeal. The dungeons, which at first seem to offer chances and opportunities for exploration soon lose their luster as you realize you have one path to make, and that is it. The game loses all of its points however when it comes to three things. The controls on the PC are archaic. The controls were obviously made for a console, not updating to take advantage of the mouse is just lazy. So many frustrating things stem from this basic UI mistake. Like the fact that you cannot pick up items and place them where you want. You can only blunder into them like some oaf. The second major mistake is the companion system. They suck. The AI controlling them is retarded. The followers and companions are best left out of the game. This is frustrating because as a magic using class I wanted and needed a meat shield.

Everything to this point can be forgiven. However, they make one mistake that once uncovered, caused the game to fly off my hard drive. They give this illusion to being able to choose the path you want, to be able to explore. However, tying the main plot to the thievesâ
  17. Nov 20, 2011
    Most people I know are talking about this game as if it is Heaven on a Disc,
    So I tried Skyrim just to see what all the hype is about,
    And I found it to be a complete mess, it was boring, overated, and had extremely annoying controls,
    I do not see any reason why someone should pay money for something like this.
  18. Jun 28, 2012
    I was a big fan of Oblivion and Morrowwind but skyrim managed to never really be anything but terrible. When I first bought it crashed and manages to allmost every hour not matter what console, glitches dont help keep the experiance fun and the RPG mechanics aren't implemented well, pretty much a let down for many fans and allthough many people can play through through this buggy mess, I find that the game was ruined by all the technical issues and bad bugs. Expand
  19. Dec 14, 2011
    Something is seriously wrong with this game! I can't seem to reach any destination I'm suppose to get to! ZZZZZZ!! Major snooze fest too, boring, full of bugs and glitches!! No wonder they reduced the price of it after 4 weeks!!! Terrible game
  20. Dec 14, 2011
    I have never played such a broken unplayable game in my life! I was only able to play the game for 4 hours (on xbox 360), but within that time all I saw were glitches, confusing ineterfaces, and zero direction. They don't even tell you how to play, so I wasted 20 minutes getting frustrated trying to get out of the area where you create your character! Once I finally found my way, every. single. enemy was frozen! Everyone stood still, even as I hacked at them with my sword. Elk were rigid and still in the forest, travelers weren't traveling, just standing around, and nobody in the first town could move. I restarted the game, which got them moving, but the glitches didn't end there. The game is a bore when working, but not even fun to laugh at the rest of the time. If it works I could see why people enjoy it, but Bethesda has really messed up this time. How could they release such a mess? Expand
  21. Nov 22, 2011
    Pour kickinit525 : J'ai pas aimé la jouabilité de Skyrim alors 0/10 ^^ et oui ! Désolé mais bon ce type m'a tellement soulé ... enfin bref avec tous les pro-machin ou truc sa deviens horrible ce genre de site.
  22. Feb 11, 2012
    Boring clunky combat. Dull depressing graphics and colours. Alot of the game is spent in menus. Gamebreaking bugs all over. Constant crashes. Boring/Repetitve quests. Dragons become very irritating as theres too many. NPCs have bad animations etc. The AI is absolutely terrible. No way to respec skills if mistakes are made or you change your play style. The only good thing aboiut this game is the exploration but even that is ruined by the boring visuals. Avoid at least until its fixed. Much better RPGs around. Expand
  23. May 24, 2012
    Tedious comes to mind as do exhausting, laborious, unsatisfying, drawn out, bloated, broken unfinished, excruciating.. and more. This game at times is beautiful.. well for a computer game.. and i mean at times.. some other times it looks awful.. The world you become immersed in soon dissipates when you come across clunking animatronics and badgers flying in the sky. The extremely clunky combat system is an absolute game killer for me. Totally unsatisfying.. When will a developer realize this is a very important part of a game like this? I have so many legitimate complaints about this game from papier mache npcs to excruciatingly dull crafting systems! i could write a book and i have only played 20 to 30 hours. Ultimately this game after a 10 hour stint made me feel hollow and depressed... yet another title i will be returning.. i give it a 9 for world and graphics but whats the point if the gameplay is wholly unsatisfying? Expand
  24. Mar 28, 2012
    What an awesome game, you know! Laggy, buggy and ugly, it's combat mechanic is broken, upgrades are useless, and the world is empty. Story is just awful (dragons are back, what a tragedy!). At the beginning, people discuss uriels, kings and others, whom I even don't know. That is the why the score is 0. Do not buy it.
  25. Apr 5, 2012
    When I first saw this game, I was excited. I mean, YES!!!!! A sequel to oblivion, a game I enjoyed the hell out of, is having a sequel. It's going to be amazing. And it was. For maybe 2 hours. However, after that honeymoon, the game falls off. The quests feel bland. The guild quests try to create a storyline instead of it actually me being a thief. I mean, one of the thief quests actually let me kill the one person guarding the house! We're not the dark brotherhood, but I could, and I did, because it was tedious as hell to get that one person away. The story of Skyrim... who cares. I mean, nobody cared. It's all about the open world. However, the combat was very simplistic and Oblivion had the same system. The combat was not refreshing, magic was more like 2 good spells and gimicky spells that you would only use cause they looked good. Dual wielding was nice, and I have no problems with it. But I could not start a new character. Sure, I could start out a mage, or a warrior, or a thief, but there's no classes. There's no bonuses, no anything. Becoming that master warrior is something you could do on your first character except that he probably has better gear, better gold, and better health. But I'm ok with that, if combat wasn't boring. Dragon fights are completely foolish, and a pain in the ass if you don't have the shout to bring them down. All it is is hacking and slashing when it falls down, and running around hoping it drops again. Also, the world is stale as hell. I killed the emperor, THE EMPEROR for christ's sake, and no one even bated an eye. Skyrim is part of the empire, loyal to the emperor, but there was no big mourning, no one crying in the streets, people saying it was the stromcloaks who killed him, NO! It was just the same old thing when I came back to town. I went for the stromcloaks, and guess what... nothing changed. No big changes. Nothing. This gives very little sense of reward or progression. It only matter in story quests, but those are alright, but make up 3 hours or so. With bland quests with very little reward besides gold or awesome daedra weapons, questing just isn't fun. Also, 90% of the quests are all just conventient. They just happen right when you get there. Maybe it'd be alright if it was a traditional rpg where you actually go town to town in a set order, but it isn't like this. It happens SOOOOOO much. How come I didn't feel this way in Oblivion, or Fallout 3 or New Vegas. Because they intergrated their quests nicely. Skyrim did it poorly. I'd rather just go to an inn, and literally just live my life like a lumberjack then go questing. But there are TONS of dungenons. Oh wait, all them are the same. Maybe not exactly the same, but once you go in one crypt, you've been in them all. Loads of zombies you hack and slash through, and reach the end, get a new shout, and you leave. While shouts are nice, they just seem gimmicky and a bit clunky, and some of them are useless. Well this game is good for the honeymoon phase, after that OMG THIS IS SKYRIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! part, this game just falls off and feels uneventful and a lifeless, stale world where your actions mean nothing. Even though your doing so much stuff. It's pretty. Combat is boring, quests are boring, everything is boring. Expand
  26. Nov 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is a serious disappointment. Its not the worst game ever made, far from it, but it has some serious flaws. The combat and customization is bad, the world is lifeless, and the story is boring, and before everyone gets the pitchforks and torches, please let me explain.

First, The combat is not deep at all. It is literally just spamming the same attack( whether melee or spells) over and over till the foe is dead. It really feels like it was made for fans of COD style combat. The new duel-wielding system is broken and completely useless. I did like having a sword in one hand and a staff in the other like Gandalf), and having a spell in each hand was a hoot. But, having a sword in each hand is worthless. It amounts to little more than attacking from a different direction. Basically, the combat is the exact same as Oblivion, with some useless additions.

Next, the world is a empty place, with little to see or do. A good portion of the country is snow, and is very similar to New Vegas's baron desserts. The parts that are more organic are okay, but you will lose interest soon. There are a few cities and towns that all look the same. The dungeons are the biggest letdown for me. While they look good, they really aren't that interesting to explore. I had a ball checking each of the caves in Oblivion, because each felt like they had a story and each had a new foe to face. Here, most of the "Dungeons" are crypts, where you will face the same type of enemies(mostly undead, spiders, and a new non-playable race called the "Falmer"). The one place that I really did enjoy was the "Sovngarde." It was the most unique place that I went, but it was near the end, and you don't get to stay long.

Now onto a really important feature for me, and that is Customization. The character models do look better, but there is very little in the way of making a character your own. I made several different people, and they all ended up looking basically the same. On top of this, the level system has been dumb-down to an insulting degree. They took out the point system and made a useless skill-tree( its sort of like Fallout 3's skill tree, but nowhere near as good. This is suppose to be an RPG, not brainless shooter. It really is an insult for game developers to be dumbing down games like this. Also, the amour has been reduced to being a single piece of clothing( with a few exceptions), so no more putting together your own outfit.

At least the graphics though. That is when you get out of the friggin snow and ice. I didn't notice any real pop-ins or screen-breaks. All the architecture and "dungeons" look fine. It also has some of the best water I have ever seen in a game. Not much else to say, its a beauty.

Finally, the main-story and side-quest are a giant step-down for oblivion. Oblivion had a great story of trying to stop an evil Dadra Lord from conquering the world. To stop him, you had to gain allies, salvage ancient items, and go to the Hell itself. Here, you do stuff that doesn't seem important and meet people that are forgettable. The Main Dragon is as dumb as the other brain-dead dragons and doesn't come close to the greatness of the "Prince of Destruction." As for the side-quest: most are not very interesting( like just about everything else about this game). They amount mostly to either "Go here and kill this guy" or "Go here, and get this item." This would be fine if the rest of the game was okay. The guilds don't fare much better, not even coming close to the brilliance of Oblivion's guilds.

Well, that is my view of the game. Its a dumb down version of Oblivion, with pretty graphics. The combat is shallow, the customization is terrible, and the story is just not interesting. I really cannot recommend this game to anyone, when there are better choices. Go play Dark Souls, Dragons Dogma, or even Oblivion for that matter, just leave this one alone.
  27. Jan 19, 2012
    I traded in my PS3 copy for the xbox copy. I The game is extremely easy. You can easily kill everything in the game. The AI is horrible. The bugs are very annoying, but not quite broken like the PS3 version. I am sorry that I went through all of the trouble and expense to play this game.
  28. Nov 22, 2011
    Desapontado! Poderia ser bem melhor, gostaria que tivesse chegado ao nível de The Witcher 2, não gostei dos gráficos nem do som, as lutas são enfadonhas!!!
  29. Feb 4, 2012
    I wanted to like this game, really bad. With all the hype surrounding it I was expecting a lot. However in recent years Bethesda seems to just be churning out mediocre games filled with bugs and ultimately feel unsatisfying. There's no real challenge here, just an extraordinary amount of things to do. The biggest fault of this game for me was the combat. Simply put, the combat is just boring and easy; no matter what type of combat you choose to specialize in you can do well, because there is little strategy at all to approaching fights. The game world, while beautiful, utilizes the same type of randomly generated events and encounters we've been seeing in these types of games for years now. Overall, the game isn't terrible, but it nots nearly as ground-breaking or flawless as people make it out to be. Expand
  30. Feb 5, 2012
    SKYRIM is an amazingly open, free, and epic game. The graphics are of a good style and direction is consistent, but with enough variation to keep things interesting. As an RPG, many of it's systems work great - the level up and scaling system in this game is vastly improved over OBLIVION. The world begs to be explored and although the combat is no more impressive than many other RPGs (many RPGs have lackluster combat, including this one), the loot system and dungeons are fun and more varied than OBLIVION. Some things I found unpleasant about SKYRIM included the lack of ability to create custom spells, as in OBLIVION. I feel as though this is restrictive to mages. Additionally, there are less spells available in this game than there are in OBLIVION, which also put me off when it comes to mages. Further, although the crafting systems of blacksmithing and enchanting are wonderful ideas, these systems are poorly executed. It is not that the systems don't work well or aren;t satisfying in their own right, but rather that these skills are simply GAMEBREAKING in the worst way. Maxing the skills of blacksmithing and/or enchanting allow the player to create weapons and armor better than any that can be found through loot and in many cases even quests throughout the game. Mastering these skills will in fact make your character so strong that the game will be ruined regardless of difficulty setting. The brokenness of this game in its various forms is why i must rate this game low overall. Up to level 20-30 I played a stealth archer. I did NOT invest in blacksmithing or crafting at all, and yet by level 30-35 i was able to one-hit nearly any enemy with the exception of boss creatures and dragons, all while remaining completely undetected. I stopped playing at this point and did not even finish the main quest. The game was ruined for me. Although i felt powerful and the path towards levels 30-35 was fun and engaging, I quickly became so powerful that the game did not require me to think or strategize at all any more, killing the fun factor completely. In short, the skills of stealth(when combined with archery in particular), blacksmithing, and enchanting so grossly overpowered overpowered within the gameworld that the already lackluster combat becomes entirely boring, leaving no reason to play. Additionally, since weapons and armor can be crafted that exceed the most powerful that can be found naturally in the game, there is no reason to explore dungeons or even attempt to seek better equipment. This game had lots of promise, but is too easily broken by basic game mechanics intended to improve the gameplay. Expand
  31. Feb 10, 2012
    Skyrim was fine. It was great. It was the best game I've played in years. And then I foolishly accepted this 1.4 update to my xbox360... and then the game went haywire. Now things are disappearing all over the place at random times including me. For example, I can hear my wife talking to me but I can't see her. And then she reappears. Sometimes the front door of my house is black and I can't exit. Things will disappear as I'm looking at them. These are just the tip of the iceberg... Oh yeah, I'd say about 40% of the time when I go through a door and it normally auto-saves... it will just freeze and I have to hard boot the xbox. This kind of thing was happening a bit when I first got the game a couple of months ago but after a few updates things got better so I figured this update would continue in that direction. Boy, was I wrong !

Until Bethesda fixes this (assuming they will) the game is basically ruined for me. :x Anybody else?
  32. Jun 26, 2012
    How can anyone not like this game?
    Skyrim incorporates all of the fun elements in RPGs, while leaving behind all the tediousness. It improves on Oblivion in all ways except for the faction mission lines.
  33. Aug 30, 2013
    So, I purchased this game after getting bored of Fallout: New Vegas (~50 hours played). I was expecting it to be really good because of the positive reviews, and tons of people I know telling me it was good. So, long story short, this is one of the worst RPG's I've played. I totally wasted $60 by purchasing this game. By the time I was ~8 hours in I was literally bored out of my mind. I forced myself to play it though so I didn't feel like I wasted $60, and I was hoping it would get better; it didn't. after 12 more hours of forced play time I couldn't take it anymore. My favorite genre to play is an RPG, this didn't feel like an RPG at all. Pretty much ZERO equipment upgrades, no super cool weapons that do crazy no cool armor, exploring got tedious and questing bored me after the first few I completed. I literally have nothing good to say about this game and I'm not sure what other people see in this game to rate it so high. To each his own, but I definitely feel like I wasted my money on this. Expand
  34. Feb 2, 2012
    Skyrim looks marvellous, the attention to detail is nothing short of jaw-dropping, the landscape and sheer scale is a phenomenal achievement. It's a real shame then that this game fails in every other aspect. I won't bother going into the plethora of bugs and glitches that infect this game, because they've already been documented many many times by other more notable reviewers. Let's start with the basic difficulty.... there is none. This game is an interactive story, nothing more than that, there is NO challenge here at all. I began my personal Skyrim adventure by increasing my smithing and enchanting skills, my that was boring... I have no idea how many iron daggers I had to make to get smithing up to max. When I did I went off and made the best weapon and best armour in the game and then strolled through the game swatting away enemies like annoying flies. Beating the final boss boiled down to hitting it about 8 times and that was it. The ending is befitting of the game, non-eventful and dull, dull, dull. Some of the dungeons are littered with elaborate traps which at first you feel like you should avoid, but after levelling up a few times you realise that they don't mean anything because you can just run right through them, take the tiny health hit and then simply heal or wait until your health regenerates (not that you'd need to). If you want your hand held whist playing through an interactive story, Skyrim is definitely for you. If you want a challenge and immersion, it most definitely is not. How can you immerse yourself in a game that allows you to simply fast-travel anywhere you've already been, and where you have to wait an age for the loading to finish every time you enter a building?

Sorry Skyrim, you suck. I looked forward to playing you for so long but you've let me down. I'm off to play Dark Souls again instead.
  35. Feb 16, 2012
    Game looks good and plays awsome. The real killer is the amount of bugs in the game. They are everywhere and you will experience them no matter what. They have released a few patches but it has not helped at all. Go into this game very carefully. Dark Souls beat this game by a mile for GOTY.
  36. Mar 31, 2012
    To clarify, I do not actually thing Skyrim is a 0/10 game. I enjoyed it a lot, but i believe it in no way deserves high score it got, especially compared to other games on the top list, and that is why i'm giving it such a low score.
    The game is actually pretty enjoyable.Everything good that can be said about the game was already said, so i'm going to concentrate on the bad things.
    First,
    the game is repetitive. It was accused of being a 'single player MMO' and i agree with this judgement. There is a bajilion identical dungeons (90% of them consisting of one main tunnel, 1 or 2 dead ends and a 'secret passage' leading back to the entrance, that can be opened only after completing he dundeon. The last one is in every single cave in the game. Every. Single. solitary. One.) and most of the quests consist of "go there, kill everything, get back, so i can tap you on the shoulder". You will also see the same tower/altar/building with a broken roof/campfire reused and copy-pasted over and over again.
    Also, there are barely any memorable characters. Again, just like dungeons and buildings, most of the npc lines are reused for every blacksmith/mage/whatever. Even when you meet one interesting, kind-of-dickish merchant, and you thing "hey, i like this guy", you'll later travel to the other city, and find out dark ef living there has the same voice, and is telling the same lines. Cheap.
    Story...is very basic. And very boring. And doesn't affect the world around you in any way, other than comments from the guards. You can save the entire world, and then go to some lord or somebody, that you -just personally saved or helped- and he'll never recognize you, and then send you to give a letter to his assistant. Who then rewards you with a "Good upgrade to your equipment", obviously not seeing your full dragonbone plate, that every city guard talks about.
    If you are not slaughtering people for fun, there's no way to affect the world around you in any way. You are being told you did something, but you never see what it changed. Unlike, for example, bioware RPG's, where you can actually experience how yor actions affect other people's lives, here...Well, you just kill the most powerful man in Skyrim, yet all his people are still running around, war camps are still set, and every quest given to you by his followers is still active. There's of course a lot of good stuff to the game, but -there's over 1000 good reviews here. They already praised every single dragonscale pixel of this game.
  37. Apr 1, 2012
    As a rule i dont give games 0 ratings but if i did this would be one of them. Skyrim was the most overhyped game of all time hands down. Yeah the game looks good and is big which was an almost cert. However the game is broken. The combat doesnt work, it isnt fun to play, its repetitive, i could go on. Ill finish with the game is a buggy piece of crap that needs to be redesigned near enough immediatley in order to be as good as it was meant to be Expand
  38. Jan 2, 2013
    The game features nice graphics, good sound, bad gameplay and very good longevity. When you play this game, you will get bored very soon: the gameplay doesn't have a point, a competition. You just play it for relaxing. You go and get some special object, but the game isn't competitive. It doesn't have a point. Very extended world, good graphics, but poor performance, and the game is full of bugs. Good plot. Gameplay 2/10 Graphics/Performance 2/10 Plot 5/10 Longevity 6.25/10 Average: 3.81 OVERALL SCORE: 3/10 (not an average) Expand
  39. Jan 1, 2014
    Skyrim is nothing more than a gigantic, boring, repetitive map with small pockets of vaguely interesting mythology scattered here and there.
    It doesn't feel like a game or an immersive experience; more like a tool for browsing all the tiny stories and mythology that the developers came up with, and then did absolutely nothing with.
    In short, Skyrim completely fails to accomplish any of
    the features it was hyped up for having, and the only explanation for all the positive reviews is that people are just too busy slobbering over how huge the world is to notice how desperately dull and half-baked the game is. Expand
  40. Sep 27, 2013
    Dragons Dogma Dark Arizen is way better. You can customize 4 characters in your party and the boss battles are amazing. Scrolls is even in the same league. The combat is so slow and benign. Dogma has a style similar to Dragon Age but enhanced in every aspect. Dogma is $40 new a steal with the bitter black island content that challenges even the hardcore rpg players.
  41. Jan 21, 2012
    The hours of gameplay left me dissapointed really. I cant see how can someone be entertained by doing the same routine over and over and over again. Everything is repetetive in this game, and it gets repetetive so quickly. The most fun I had was in the first 3-5 hours when I created my character, explored the map a little and made few quests.
  42. Jan 18, 2013
    This game is impossible to beat. I have tried multiple times to get past the opening sequence and keep getting killed by some firebreathing mofo that appears our of the sky. There is no good way to pick up weapons in this hurried up version of "get the hell out of here". And my character keeps getting charbroiled like a hamburger on a George Forman Grill, sealing in the flavor and not the fat. As far as this game goes I would have to say that it sucks "Goat Scroats" in the same fashion that Ruxin from the Leauge believes that Dre Town sucks "Goat Scroats". In conclusion, I'm glad this game came free with my system purchase because if I had laid down the $59.99 for it, I would probably hang myself from the nearest non-dragon charred tree. Expand
  43. Mar 31, 2012
    First,

1. Feb 6, 2012
    This epic role-playing game might be Bethesda's best game yet, and offers an unique and spectacular world filled with fun. The freedom ensures a great experience for both the casual and hardcore gamer, as you're free to play the game how you like.
  2. Dec 16, 2011
    Skyrim is the largest, and most compelling work that I've had the opportunity to play this year. It's engaging, engrossing, and will take over your gaming life for many months to come. Not only is Skyrim among the best that 2011 has to offer, but for me, this is, without hesitation, the Game of the Year.
  3. Dec 16, 2011