8.4

1. Nov 11, 2011
    Improves upon Oblivion in every aspect, and utterly beautiful to look at. I can not express how good this game is. If you enjoy RPG's and even if you do not you defiantly need to check this one out. A timeless classic that is not to be missed. If you are a true gamer this will be on your shelf.
  2. Dec 2, 2011
    Bugs? Sure but i still love this game. Big Mammoths, Giants are the best (Dragons are weak). Love the gameplay, love the graphics. Overall great game. A must buy for everyone!
  3. Nov 12, 2011
    This game is awesome !!!!! This game is awesome !!!!!This game is awesome !!!!!This game is awesome !!!!!This game is awesome !!!!!This game is awesome !!!!!This game is awesome !!!!!This game is awesome !!!!!This game is awesome !!!!!This game is awesome !!!!!
  4. Nov 12, 2011
    A very fitting addition to the TES stable. A truly stunning game that draws you into it's open world, Skyrim is perhaps the best RPG I have ever had the pleasure to play. The music is epic, the game play is believable, the world is beautiful and harsh. This was well worth the wait for me!
  5. Nov 11, 2011
    Game of the year candidate and probably winner unless there is another game that can top this, and besides uncharted 3 there is nothing even remotely close, zilch.

Best game I have played in so many years
  6. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is incredible. I haven't taken it our of my disk drive for two days, and I won't for a VERY long time. If you enjoyed Oblivion, you'll love this! When you consider that MW3 was released the same week, and that could have been DLC, Skyrim is astounding value for money. The Enemy design is great. Zombies that felt a little odd have been replaced with the more powerful Dragur, andThis game is incredible. I haven't taken it our of my disk drive for two days, and I won't for a VERY long time. If you enjoyed Oblivion, you'll love this! When you consider that MW3 was released the same week, and that could have been DLC, Skyrim is astounding value for money. The Enemy design is great. Zombies that felt a little odd have been replaced with the more powerful Dragur, and Trolls actually look scary now. Skyrim is like a cake. The sponge is Oblivion, but with all of those burnt bits cut off, and with an improved recipie. The filling is a whole abundance of new features and total immersion, that's so gloriously delicious that you'll be licking it from the plate. It's all iced with some beautiful graphics that really do look astonishing at times, and have actually made me walk around for five minutes looking at the beauty of the night sky... Plus it's all sprinkled with some Fallout sprinkles. For example, Oblivion Lockpicking is out, Fallout one is in, and the finishing moves are very VATS-esque. And you can't have a small slice of this cake, oh no. You'll have the whole thing and then curl up and cry when it's all gone 100+ hours later. If you don't buy this game NOW, you're not even human. Expand
  7. Nov 15, 2011
    Simply AWESOME! This game brings all the features we love from the older games and then brings in so many new features that just set it apart from any other adventure RPG game out there. Combine a massive world of creative genius with an endless span of possibilities, beautiful graphics, an epic tale and fire/ice-breathing Dragons and you have Perfection = The Game of the Year = Skyrim.
  8. Nov 12, 2011
    This game is one of a select few games that drag you in from the start. I dont know what it is, it could be the gorgeous mountains waiting to be scaled, it could be the epic soundtrack, or it could be that it is so huge that it feels at least as of now that it could be played for months without it ever getting stale.
  9. Nov 13, 2011
    I've already put 30 hours of gameplay into Skyrim and I'm still finding it just as fun as when I began. The dialogue is good, I'm enjoying the quests, the dragons are beautiful and the dungeons are absolutely stunning. What more is there to ask for?
  10. Nov 13, 2011
    This game is absolutely amazing. The graphics are amazing, the game play is superb, and the new leveling system is by far better then old one. The new leveling system really lets you customize your character to your play style. Interactions with NPCs are also more organic and actually make the NPCs feel like real people. In addition the soundtrack is one of the best I have ever heard for aThis game is absolutely amazing. The graphics are amazing, the game play is superb, and the new leveling system is by far better then old one. The new leveling system really lets you customize your character to your play style. Interactions with NPCs are also more organic and actually make the NPCs feel like real people. In addition the soundtrack is one of the best I have ever heard for a game. Bethesda has really out done themselves and Skyrim is major contender for GOTY. I highly recommend this game. Expand
  11. Nov 14, 2011
    I'm more than willing to wait 5 years in between TES titles if everyone is a masterpiece such as this one. The overwhelming feeling you get when you're thrown out into the open world is nostalgic. The new class and level systems are refreshing and free, allowing you to develop into the character you want without the race or class restrictions. Every aspect of the game world, from townfolkI'm more than willing to wait 5 years in between TES titles if everyone is a masterpiece such as this one. The overwhelming feeling you get when you're thrown out into the open world is nostalgic. The new class and level systems are refreshing and free, allowing you to develop into the character you want without the race or class restrictions. Every aspect of the game world, from townfolk to butterflies to the smelly dog in the town street is interactive. Having played over 30 hours, I've already gotten my $60 worth. Many gamers play a game that is 20 hours long and feel they got their money's worth. This takes it to a whole new level. I will easily put 150+ hours into this campaign alone and then come back for more. The miscellaneous objectives are intriguing and beg for you to follow them through out of sheer lust for exploration. Just walking around in this world is an experience that will wow even non-gamers like my wife. "ITS SO PRETTY!" Expand
  12. Nov 14, 2011
    This game is probably the single greatestt RPG ever created. People that are saying Dark Souls is better are kidding themselves. That game cannot even keep its FPS above 10. I have been playing Skyrim nearly non-stop since it has come out and have not had a single graphical/fps issue, so the stability of the game is fine. The gameplay is ASTOUNDING. I cannot see myself getting bored withThis game is probably the single greatestt RPG ever created. People that are saying Dark Souls is better are kidding themselves. That game cannot even keep its FPS above 10. I have been playing Skyrim nearly non-stop since it has come out and have not had a single graphical/fps issue, so the stability of the game is fine. The gameplay is ASTOUNDING. I cannot see myself getting bored with this much content anytime soon. I haven't even touched the main quest yet!! If you're on the fence about this game, ignore the trolls and nay-Sayers, and do yourself a favor, buy this game!! Expand
  13. Nov 14, 2011
    Epic game! go adventuring in the land of Skyrim and play with the freedom to be the character you want to be. Battle Dragons or other fantasy creatures. Explore the land and find new things in all the far reaches of the world
  14. Dec 18, 2011
    I've been playing this game for 1 week. In that time I've put in about 30 hours. On a typical week I might play a total of 5 hours of video gaming so that says an awful lot in and of itself. Of those 30 hours, I've loved every single one, and the amazing thing is I've barely scratched the surface. It's actually too good. It genuinely makes me appreciate your run of the mill games that youI've been playing this game for 1 week. In that time I've put in about 30 hours. On a typical week I might play a total of 5 hours of video gaming so that says an awful lot in and of itself. Of those 30 hours, I've loved every single one, and the amazing thing is I've barely scratched the surface. It's actually too good. It genuinely makes me appreciate your run of the mill games that you can finish off in 8 hours and get on with your life. This thing takes over.

Believe the hype.
  15. Nov 15, 2011
    First off, ignore all the haters. All they care about is graphics, and probebly only play COD. This is not some game where you run around shooting people, this is a thinking mans game. Its smart, and has a wealth of content. Litterally 100's of hours woth, and I for one will be playing it at least that long. Yes, the graphics arnt perfect, but thats not the point. They are actually a hugeFirst off, ignore all the haters. All they care about is graphics, and probebly only play COD. This is not some game where you run around shooting people, this is a thinking mans game. Its smart, and has a wealth of content. Litterally 100's of hours woth, and I for one will be playing it at least that long. Yes, the graphics arnt perfect, but thats not the point. They are actually a huge step up from the previous Bethesda games. This is a amazing game, and is a perfect 10/10. Expand
  16. Nov 16, 2011
    : ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ):(: ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): : ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ):: ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ):(: ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): : ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ): ) Expand
  17. Nov 17, 2011
    An awesome adventure game for... well... everyone. New beautiful graphics, Npc are very much enhanced, and the sound, atmosphere of the wilderness combined with the music just epic. This game of course has bugs but they are over come with the massive epicness which the game brings. And besides some of the bugs are even useful and don't effect the game. The only thing i found a small letAn awesome adventure game for... well... everyone. New beautiful graphics, Npc are very much enhanced, and the sound, atmosphere of the wilderness combined with the music just epic. This game of course has bugs but they are over come with the massive epicness which the game brings. And besides some of the bugs are even useful and don't effect the game. The only thing i found a small let down was the main story line. The ending wasn't as huge as i was expecting it to be. But all in all the other Quests like Dark Brotherhood and the civil war amazing. I think this game deserves the game of the year award. Expand
  18. Nov 17, 2011
    This game is seriously amazing! i dont understand what type of person would rate this game negatively?? The sound, graphics, gameplay - its all pure beauty. Best money i have ever spent!
  19. Nov 27, 2011
    Unfortunately I haven't got to play this game as much as I would have liked to but so far I enjoy what I've seen. I didn't buy this game for Xbox I only borrowed it but I guarantee you the first chance I get I will be purchasing this game for PC (sry I love to mod). What I found ingenious is the use of some mods from Oblivion used in the game instead of having to add them on. The size ofUnfortunately I haven't got to play this game as much as I would have liked to but so far I enjoy what I've seen. I didn't buy this game for Xbox I only borrowed it but I guarantee you the first chance I get I will be purchasing this game for PC (sry I love to mod). What I found ingenious is the use of some mods from Oblivion used in the game instead of having to add them on. The size of the map is a little daunting at first but as soon as you unlock a few fast travel locations it becomes easy to navigate across the entire map. Some of the early bosses seem to throw you in the deep end others seem to be pushovers with very little in the middle but otherwise it is a very very good game. Expand
  20. Nov 22, 2011
    There's a reason we need bad games. It makes us greatly appreciate fantastically well crafted and near perfect games such as this even more. Thank you Bethesda, for allowing me to sacrifice a relatively small chunk of my paycheck for an amazing adventure I will remember for years to come.
  21. Nov 24, 2011
    Skyrim is, by far, the best game in the Elder Scrolls series so far. Of course this should be expected, what with the current state of game engines, graphics and innovation, literally expanding rapidly on what is possible to realize in a game - and doing so in a convincing fashion.

Having said that, I doubt that anyone could ever stand on a monutain in Skyrim, and not have their breath taken away by the impressive vista. The misty slopes, the ever expanding horizon - and the knowledge, that one can literally go and visit any location in sight. The graphics, especially on the PC's highest setting, are nothing short of stunningly beautiful.

In terms of gameplay, Skyrim has definately seen some improvements since its' predecessor; Oblivion. The universal acclaimed UI improvements have not been exaggerated, and as I'm sure any Oblivion veteran will instantly agree with, the leveling / perk menu is by far one of the biggest improvements in Skyrim. It's simple, easily understood to even the most inexperienced of gamers. The fact that the menu itself is also an animated version of all three "major" star constellations in the game, doesn't hurt either.

While Skyrim definately has a high replay value, assuming that one ever manages to complete every quest and faction accessible, there are some issues that would deter one from doing so. While one could argue that these are all minor issues, they add up into a sense of frustration.

The facial animations are stiff, and somewhat bereft of life. While this might be blamed on the fact that I recently played LA Noire, this seems to be a consistent issue in the Elder Scrolls series. The bugs and glitches. I've seen people do a semi-Kitty Pride trick with doors and walls. While not a major issue in terms of progression, it does remove a lot from the sense of immersion. And speaking of that...

The AI. While the AI on NPC's has been upgraded somewhat since Oblivion, there are still moments of complete and utter.. annoyance. This has, in my case, included companions running against a pillar (and getting stuck there), dragons using the same, rather plain tactic in terms of fighting and -worst of all- important people tied to quests, willingly walking off from cliffs, walls and even the rare mountain.

All in all, the above issues come down to nitpicking. Like I said however, they do add up, and in the end the player is repeatedly reminded of the fact that it's a game, rather than an immersive experience. And the less is said about the state of PS3 owners, the better... In the end, Skyrim makes for a great experience. Its' breathtaking world, the dozens and dozens of intriguing storylines and the reasonably smooth gameplay, all in all makes for a gaming experience that will make you forget about the real world in a heartbeat. Get ready to kiss your friends, jobs and everyday life goodbye - it'll happen if you buy this game.

9/10 - the bugs, glitches and somewhat simple AI being the only things that keep this game from perfection.
  22. Nov 30, 2011
    i didn't like oblivion very much,so i had low expectations but upon starting the game i loved it! the quests are fun and not all the same,enemies and npc's are smart and don't just stand there when being attacked but the best thing buy far is the dragons,one on its own isn't hard,but when 3 attack at once it gets hard,and even then it's pretty cool because people nearby join in andi didn't like oblivion very much,so i had low expectations but upon starting the game i loved it! the quests are fun and not all the same,enemies and npc's are smart and don't just stand there when being attacked but the best thing buy far is the dragons,one on its own isn't hard,but when 3 attack at once it gets hard,and even then it's pretty cool because people nearby join in and help,game of the year in my book,10/10 Expand
  23. Dec 1, 2011
    If I had to use one word to describe Skyrim, it would probably have to be "generous". It's a game that utterly immerses you in its setting. Oblivion was a game with a fairly cut-and-paste landscape in which you could create a classed character organically and in your own mould. Fallout 3, ironically enough, was game that *featured* more mould in a more fleshed-out albeit manky world,butIf I had to use one word to describe Skyrim, it would probably have to be "generous". It's a game that utterly immerses you in its setting. Oblivion was a game with a fairly cut-and-paste landscape in which you could create a classed character organically and in your own mould. Fallout 3, ironically enough, was game that *featured* more mould in a more fleshed-out albeit manky world,but characters tended to be some combination of "punch man", "shoot man", "pick lock" and "fix computer". Skyrim's world is built of vastly distinct biomes ranging from verdant tundra to snowy wastes to REALLY freaking snowy wastes. Its character development is three dimensional; in fact it's more like seven dimensional. It's a vast, freeform in quality of what could increasingly be called a genre of its own, the "Bethesda RPG" - which was already a watchword in If there's a solid criticism of the game, it's the melee combat; Bethesda's yet to find a first-person melee system that really works; up-close skirmishing just doesn't work through a restricted point of view and with limited manipulation of your pointy things. Dead Island's oar-swingy system may have played like a drunk remote control retard, but it could at least be said to be pushing the boundaries.

Apart from dodgy manpunching, Skyrim deserves the title of Instant Classic just for the seemingly bottomless grab-bag of interesting, unique missions handsculpted from its immersive continent. When you've poured in two weeks of nightly gameplay are still being surprised with new enemies and weapons, and you've just run into Max Von Sydow, it's really hard to complain about value for money, even having paid the premium fourty pounds on release. When the price comes down, there should be no-one with facial hair who hasn't played, and loved, this game.
  24. Dec 1, 2011
    Absolutely one of the most beautiful and amazing free world RPGs I've ever played. It may not be the most stable games out there... but you have to remember just the INSANE amount of content this game has. And for all that, you get beautiful graphics, a chilling soundtrack, and great gameplay. I never really got that much into Oblivion, but there's just something special about Skyrim whenAbsolutely one of the most beautiful and amazing free world RPGs I've ever played. It may not be the most stable games out there... but you have to remember just the INSANE amount of content this game has. And for all that, you get beautiful graphics, a chilling soundtrack, and great gameplay. I never really got that much into Oblivion, but there's just something special about Skyrim when you are traveling across the tundra. Or when you enter a dungeon and you sneak behind a group of bandits. Or when you fend off against angry townspeople. Skyrim isn't just a game... it's an experience. Expand
  25. Dec 23, 2011
    SKYRIM IS A MASTERPIECE,

SKYRIM IS A MASTERPIECE,

This is one of the greatest games ever made.I have played many rpg's in my 30 years and this game is by far the best rpg yet,the story,graphics,game play is epic all in it's own and the voice acting is much better then it was in oblivion although oblivion is a great game as well.Skyrim get's a perfect 10.however I can not say the same thing for the ps3 version since it's plagued by crashes,bug's and frame rate problems.but seeing as how this is the xbox 360 version review I must say it's the more stable version.
  26. Dec 17, 2011
    Simply put the best RPG of the decade. Over 300+ hours of gameplay and a vast, open world where you can explore to your heart's desire. Only bad part is that the game is that there are some glitches that can ruin the experience. For example, while trying to enter the Mage College, I couldn't because of the test glitch. But even with these bugs Skyrim still is epic in the finest sense ofSimply put the best RPG of the decade. Over 300+ hours of gameplay and a vast, open world where you can explore to your heart's desire. Only bad part is that the game is that there are some glitches that can ruin the experience. For example, while trying to enter the Mage College, I couldn't because of the test glitch. But even with these bugs Skyrim still is epic in the finest sense of the word. One of the best games I have ever played. Expand
  27. Dec 20, 2011
    100 hours in and still not fed up, its the game that just keeps giving. Its my GOTY without a doubt, perhaps even the game of this generation. If you dont have it and you like rpg's you are doing yourself a disservice by not playing this.
  28. Dec 20, 2011
    A brilliant masterpiece. Bethesda keeps getting better and better. A massive, beautiful rpg with an interesting story backdrop and a beautiful musical score that is truly epic. The statistics are there, and the detail is amazing. 150 hours in and maybe halfway done. One of the best games I have ever played.
  29. Dec 20, 2011
    This game exceeds the gaming world to date the amazing graphics fighting character models the easter eggs and of course the arrow to the knee joke i am getting this game for christmas but my uncle had it i didnt come out for a day or two
  30. Jan 3, 2012
    You know a game is good when I can get my wife addicted to it. Now instead of watching TV we just play Skyrim. The graphics are amazing, the story is awesome, and the content seems to never end. This may be the greatest game ever made.
  31. Nov 19, 2012
    EPIC IT IS SUCH A COOL GAME. THERE IS SO MUCH TO DO FIGHT, HUNT, PUT POTS OVER PEOPLES HEAD AND STEAL ALL THERE STUFF, THERE IS JUST SO MUCH TO Do. and if you don't like it, I don't like you
  32. Nov 11, 2011
    It's rare that a game comes along to not only improve on previous games of its kind but exceeds them. Skyrim improves in nearly all areas from oblivion from graphics to Talking to the characters and their interaction. The menu system and the leveling up system is also improved. But the most amazing thing IMO is EVERY object you collect from food to weapons can be looked at in high detailIt's rare that a game comes along to not only improve on previous games of its kind but exceeds them. Skyrim improves in nearly all areas from oblivion from graphics to Talking to the characters and their interaction. The menu system and the leveling up system is also improved. But the most amazing thing IMO is EVERY object you collect from food to weapons can be looked at in high detail in a 3d area. People giving this game a 0 are either brain dead or work for competing game companies Expand
  33. Nov 13, 2011
    The pinnacle of open world RPG design. This game takes the best of Morrowind and Oblivion, and even earlier games (random quests from Daggerfall, for example) and takes it to an entirely new level. The world is beautifully designed and very interactive.

One of the best games I've played in a long, long time.
  34. Nov 11, 2011
    About 10 hours into this game, and having a blast. If you enjoy RPG's of any sort, you will absolutely love this game. Bethesda, as always, impresses with their latest release.
  35. Nov 14, 2011
    Epic, incredible how much depth there is this game. To be fair its not without the usual Bethesda glitches and random freezes every now and then. It doesn't really effect the gameplay that much because the game is breathtaking and highly addictive. I WA playing it for something like 14 hours yesterday and didn't even really notice that the time had past.
  36. Nov 14, 2011
    Is one of those games you will remember in your life. the graphics are beautiful. the world is big. if you never played a rpg in your life this is the game. best $60.00 i ever spent.
  37. Nov 28, 2011
    This is simply the greatest game I have ever played. If you are a fan, in any way, of RPG's you should play this. If you enjoyed Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout NV, you will love this game. It is so good that there are already thousands of reviews saying as much so I will leave you to them. Just rest assured, it is a god among games.
  38. Nov 28, 2011
    This game is amazing whoever is giving it bad ratings should not be playing video games. The graphics are great the fighting and magic are great, and the story is on point.
  39. Apr 16, 2012
    Simply amazing! In my opinion clearly the best in the series and my personal GOTY. The limitless freedom of exploration returns and lets you experience an unique adventure that is setting milestones in the RPG genre. You have the complete freedom in what you do, there is not even a real class you choose: You build up your complete own in the flow of the game. The huge environment invitesSimply amazing! In my opinion clearly the best in the series and my personal GOTY. The limitless freedom of exploration returns and lets you experience an unique adventure that is setting milestones in the RPG genre. You have the complete freedom in what you do, there is not even a real class you choose: You build up your complete own in the flow of the game. The huge environment invites you to explore every single part of it with beautiful landscapes, an amazing soundtrack and interesting sidequests around every corner. It has been a long time since I was this satisfied with a game. Expand
  40. Dec 15, 2011
    Patch arrived and my issues are fixed. As promised, an updated review. Skyrim is just huge you can spend countless hour walking around and finding things to do virtually everywhere you go. The simplified systems make character creation fast and not nearly so easy to mess up. Visuals are stunning at every turn. The lack of acrobatics/athletic skill takes any reward from walking from placePatch arrived and my issues are fixed. As promised, an updated review. Skyrim is just huge you can spend countless hour walking around and finding things to do virtually everywhere you go. The simplified systems make character creation fast and not nearly so easy to mess up. Visuals are stunning at every turn. The lack of acrobatics/athletic skill takes any reward from walking from place to place, but not everything is instantly lit up on the map either so you get in some good foot time and that's good for the immersion. Combat is refined and magic is now fixed. You even get your fallout combat moments every now and then, albeit they are less gory and explody but still epic. The thing that keeps this from a 10 (Perfect) is a coop. Because even with all that they add. There is always that thought in the back of your head of how many more times amazing it would be if you could blast a real player with magic or share with them your equipment. Expand
  41. Nov 13, 2011
    The game is absolutely mind blowing from the scenary , to the sound , to the graphics. The game is packed with overwhelming content that would take your life away. I see there are 48 minority trolls who are votingdown the game they are nobodies.
  42. Nov 11, 2011
    I loved Morrowind and i loved Oblivion. Even though the last one got criticised a lot for things i do understand. But Skyrim... this... this game is just so incredibly good i have no words for it. Got the game on monday too, around 30 hours in now and i have only seen the tip of the iceberg. There is so ridiculously much content, the world design is so well done and feels alive , theI loved Morrowind and i loved Oblivion. Even though the last one got criticised a lot for things i do understand. But Skyrim... this... this game is just so incredibly good i have no words for it. Got the game on monday too, around 30 hours in now and i have only seen the tip of the iceberg. There is so ridiculously much content, the world design is so well done and feels alive , the combat is so much more fun, the radiant ai is so much better, i could keep going. And the atmosphere... oh my god. I was afraid too buy the xbox version, as i always bought the pc versions. But since my pc isn't up to date anymore i went for the xbox version. How they can manage to squeeze such beauty out of so dated hardware is beyond me. anyway, i give the game a 10. It is NOT glitch free. There are definately some issues, but it's easily forgivable once you're several hours in and see how ambitious and great this game is. I have played hundreds of games and loads of rpg's, but this just might be one of the best gamign experience of my life. I see myself sinking hundreds of hours in this game and playing it for years to come. It is not overhyped. The only bad reviews are coming from people who are experiencing bugs or people who have always hate bethesda anyway. Expand
  43. Nov 15, 2011
    I will never see the sun again nuff said

Also this game is amazing..... i don't want to unleash my wave of how awesome this game is..... i end there... OOOOMMMGGG no don't do it. hahaha im not going to do it. im gonna hold in my excitement. everytime i think about this game. it makes me happy
  44. Dec 22, 2011
    Skyrim is an amazing, jaw-droppingly vast RPG, with spells, swords, axes, quests and monsters galore. It isn't perfect (but what is?) thanks to repeated phrases and voice actors. And like all Bethesda game, it's got a crap-ton of glitches. BUT, Skyrim is very, very big, and it's only matched by it's quality. A trip down a forest with a talking dog. A quest reminiscent of The Hangover. EpicSkyrim is an amazing, jaw-droppingly vast RPG, with spells, swords, axes, quests and monsters galore. It isn't perfect (but what is?) thanks to repeated phrases and voice actors. And like all Bethesda game, it's got a crap-ton of glitches. BUT, Skyrim is very, very big, and it's only matched by it's quality. A trip down a forest with a talking dog. A quest reminiscent of The Hangover. Epic Dark Brotherhood questlines. Skyrim packs a lifetime of content into one game-giving astonishing value for money. The Xbox 360 game of the year. Expand
  45. Dec 28, 2011
    Having never played an Elder Scrolls game outside of a demo back when the 360 was released, I had only the reputation and high remarks for the game to set any kind of expectation. After around 50 hours invested into Skyrim, and having done only 7 of the main store quests at the moment, I can safely say Skyrim is the game of the year for me. Other titles were good this year, but for aHaving never played an Elder Scrolls game outside of a demo back when the 360 was released, I had only the reputation and high remarks for the game to set any kind of expectation. After around 50 hours invested into Skyrim, and having done only 7 of the main store quests at the moment, I can safely say Skyrim is the game of the year for me. Other titles were good this year, but for a single-player experience, Skyrim really knocks all the others out of the park when it comes to quality. Even with several noticeable bugs scattered throughout the game, it still supremely impresses over and over again. It may not be for everyone, but if you enjoy action/adventure games and are looking to get lost in a big world full of customization and plenty of bunny trails to divert from the main objective: Skyrim is more than worth a look. Expand
  46. Nov 27, 2011
    If you were new to the Bethesda RPG games, this game would be a ten because you'll be amazed out how this game is so huge. If you have already experienced and loved the Elder Scroll series, then this game is a nine because basically it is Oblivion tweaked. Graphics aren't really that much updated or revolutionary; nothing we haven't seen since 2008 from other AAA games. The characters areIf you were new to the Bethesda RPG games, this game would be a ten because you'll be amazed out how this game is so huge. If you have already experienced and loved the Elder Scroll series, then this game is a nine because basically it is Oblivion tweaked. Graphics aren't really that much updated or revolutionary; nothing we haven't seen since 2008 from other AAA games. The characters are not as hideous looking as before and the girls actually look attractive this time around. But I swear, Bethesda and Bioware must have a running bet on who can make the ugliest elves in their games. The storyline is just as long as Oblivion's, and the numerous sidequests are about on the same level and uniqness. The combat is as unimpressive as before with the exception you now get, more often than not, pretty cool finishing moves. That's kind of disappointing because today it is possible for some RPG franchises to blend in well the combat action into their RPG games without turning them into hack-n-slashes; Fable and the Witcher come to mind. I was really hoping for an epic battle against a dragon in this game, but it was not so. But those are just small issues considering how impressive Oblivion was five years ago that this game's overall experience is far from dissappointing. Expand
  47. Nov 12, 2011
    So i worte a short text because of hate Steam. But now about game. I really like this Skyrim!!!! It is a wonderfull game, i promise dont use graphics mods for it. :) It is really perfect to world... Everything fine. The people(emo's, fan of manga guess dont see so hehe) Sure it is a console port and everything really simple but work so perfectly. The fatalities are good and system ofSo i worte a short text because of hate Steam. But now about game. I really like this Skyrim!!!! It is a wonderfull game, i promise dont use graphics mods for it. :) It is really perfect to world... Everything fine. The people(emo's, fan of manga guess dont see so hehe) Sure it is a console port and everything really simple but work so perfectly. The fatalities are good and system of fight good too. Only speed and lucks miss to perfect rpg feeling. And guess some things miss for example when i use imperial armor the rebels should attack me as it happen in Fallout new vegas. But i put 10 to this game because it is a really universum and i really like it :) Expand
  48. Nov 14, 2011
    Astounding. Lifted to a work of art. A contender for the best video game ever made, this is stratospheric. I've never been so invested or enthalled. If in any doubt, just buy it
  49. Nov 14, 2011
    One word : Masterpiece. Love the story/setting/combat and the sound effects are incredible. Only issue is the PS3 version has some terrible shadows which should have been turned off but otherwise this is one of those games that comes along and shatters everything else. Worth the money definitely. My only hope is Bethesda re-releases this for next-generation consoles...would love to playOne word : Masterpiece. Love the story/setting/combat and the sound effects are incredible. Only issue is the PS3 version has some terrible shadows which should have been turned off but otherwise this is one of those games that comes along and shatters everything else. Worth the money definitely. My only hope is Bethesda re-releases this for next-generation consoles...would love to play with better graphics without investing in a new PC. Morrowind was excellent, Oblivion was rushed and un-interesting, but Skyrim reigns supreme. Expand
  50. Dec 19, 2011
    Wow. No wonder the Elder Scrolls only comes out with a new game every few years. This is completley brilliant and well, virtually stunning. It has it's awkward moments, but that's nothing too strange. It's one of those games you will NEVER forget. The lack of multiplayer might break an easy addiction, but this is something that you must at least test. Skyrim is already becoming a big hitWow. No wonder the Elder Scrolls only comes out with a new game every few years. This is completley brilliant and well, virtually stunning. It has it's awkward moments, but that's nothing too strange. It's one of those games you will NEVER forget. The lack of multiplayer might break an easy addiction, but this is something that you must at least test. Skyrim is already becoming a big hit and will break sales records like the also recommended Modern Warfare 3, and perhaps Battlefield will catch up someday. Expand
  51. Nov 29, 2011
    My girlfriend HATES Skyrim. Why? Because I want to play it every free moment I have. I have to force myself to shut off the XBOX or the consequences could have a detrimental impact on my sex life. What makes this game Crack for nerds can be summarized in one word. Immersion. You will be utterly helpless as the incredible world of Skyrim becomes more engaging with every hour you play.My girlfriend HATES Skyrim. Why? Because I want to play it every free moment I have. I have to force myself to shut off the XBOX or the consequences could have a detrimental impact on my sex life. What makes this game Crack for nerds can be summarized in one word. Immersion. You will be utterly helpless as the incredible world of Skyrim becomes more engaging with every hour you play. Skyrim will likely win Game of the Year for 2011 even though there were some amazing games released this year. Expand
  52. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is officially one of the best games ever created. This flawless RPG may be the start of a new generation of beautiful graphics, epic fighting, neverending adventures, and the freedom to do whatever you want. They created a masterpiece of dragon killing, human raping, and more. This game should receive 10 from ever gamer, those who give a 0 are most likely idiots or losers weThis game is officially one of the best games ever created. This flawless RPG may be the start of a new generation of beautiful graphics, epic fighting, neverending adventures, and the freedom to do whatever you want. They created a masterpiece of dragon killing, human raping, and more. This game should receive 10 from ever gamer, those who give a 0 are most likely idiots or losers we outcast. Such an improvement from Oblivion and other Bethesda games. I SAY THIS GAME IS THE GAME OF THE YEAR!!!! LIKE THIS IF YOU AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Props to Bethesda and Prima game ~~~ Expand
  53. Nov 11, 2011
    Holy **** this game is so ****ing amazing, i have been playing it for 10 ****ing minutes and i ****ing love it, i'd give it a ****ing infinity out of 10 if could, if you don't buy this ****ing game right now, i'm going to track your IP address and ****ing kill you.
  54. Nov 12, 2011
    The greatest RPG series of all time returns with its strongest title yet. It will have not only something for everyone, but multiple things for everyone.

This games features include a vast continent with exploration that is unmatched by any game to date. All the combat and action you can handle. Amazing items and loot. Dragons that are actually intimidating and a decent challenge. This game is simply so massive that any review cannot do this game any justice at all, if you own a PS3, Xbox 360, or PC. You must own this game, simple as that.

(As a side note, for all those that complain of bugs, bad AI, etc; realize that with such vast amounts of content and such an expansive world, having an extremely polished game is unfortunately just not practical nor possible.)
  55. Nov 12, 2011
    this gave gives me no chance for complaining , everything has been done well , everything ! , a perfect RPG. GOTY for me . Sound track and voice acting - kick ***. The immersion factor is just huge. would have written more , sorry gotta get back to playing
  56. Nov 29, 2011
    Overall a truly spectacular game, I would even say one of the best games I have ever owned and I own a lot of games. Brilliant scenery, endless amounts of missions that will keep you playing for weeks, possibly months. This game is the best use of money you will ever spend on a game because of its remarkable game play, scenery and the choices you can make in the game. Every dungeon isOverall a truly spectacular game, I would even say one of the best games I have ever owned and I own a lot of games. Brilliant scenery, endless amounts of missions that will keep you playing for weeks, possibly months. This game is the best use of money you will ever spend on a game because of its remarkable game play, scenery and the choices you can make in the game. Every dungeon is unique and leave you breathless as you walk around fighting oncoming enemy's in various ways. The feeling you get when you enter a large room full of enemy's and pick them off one by one with the bow and arrow with out them even knowing you was there. The game play feels beautiful and the game plays like a dream. The main quests for the mages and dark brotherhood are brilliant, not just something Bethesda have added in just for extra game play hours, you can tell time has been spent on making separate amazing story lines. But yes this game does have its problems like various glitches and if they had spent a bit more time sorting this out The Elder Scrolls Skyrim would be truly a brilliant masterpiece and most certainly game of the year. I would award this game 9.8 out of 10. Expand
  57. Nov 29, 2011
    Skyrim is the outmost greatest RPG ever created. Notice I said RPG, and not game. All the naysayers that say it is bad because it takes too long to beat need to learn the definition of RPG. It I'snt supposed to end, which is what makes this game amazing. If you play in HD and you have full audio this game is a killer peice of entertainment. The amount of skills that you can increase alongSkyrim is the outmost greatest RPG ever created. Notice I said RPG, and not game. All the naysayers that say it is bad because it takes too long to beat need to learn the definition of RPG. It I'snt supposed to end, which is what makes this game amazing. If you play in HD and you have full audio this game is a killer peice of entertainment. The amount of skills that you can increase along with which type of being you want to be is just astounding. The only way that this game could possibly be better is if it was multiplayer, but that would be incredibly hard to do because of just how it is made. Overall, I give it a 12/10 :) Expand
  58. Dec 3, 2011
    This is the best rpg i have played on the 360. fantastic stories. amazing graphics and while very glitchy that has always been part of bethesda games. Fallout with twice the content and better graphics.
  59. Dec 3, 2011
    This is without a doubt the best game I have ever played in my entire life. Gorgeous graphics? Check. Stunning audio? Check. Brilliant actors? Check. Unforgettable game play? Check. The only problem I ever encountered with this game is that I don't play it enough. Which is about 6 hours a day.
  60. Dec 25, 2011
    If you love the Fallout games from Bethesda you will appreciate the depth that was created for your pleasure. I often reflect on the sheer immensity and technical prowess that must have been employed to make this game a reality--and on only one disc. This proves that this Bethesda has the craft of game creation down to a near science. Of course there has to be patience on your part toIf you love the Fallout games from Bethesda you will appreciate the depth that was created for your pleasure. I often reflect on the sheer immensity and technical prowess that must have been employed to make this game a reality--and on only one disc. This proves that this Bethesda has the craft of game creation down to a near science. Of course there has to be patience on your part to enjoy this game...ready to put in 200+ hours of game play? If not, I would rent this game first--and it takes about 5-10 hours before you truly stand back and smile to what you are really in for. I was a level 28 before I fought my first dragon (infuriated my daughter--she fought her first dragon before level 5.) And that's exactly what makes this game a sheer joy to play. If you find yourself wondering if you can transition from the military take on story telling of Fallout to the more primitive story-line of ancient lore, I thought the same; but within that first important 10 hours of game play i was entirely hooked on this experience. A sheer masterpiece. Expand
  61. Dec 25, 2011
    Like Oblivion, Skyrim has a well-developed plot-line and graphics as well as a deliciously open world. If I have one complaint about the game it's that there is almost too much to do.
  62. Dec 26, 2011
    The absolute best game in its class. There is nothing that compares to this game. There is non-stop things to do, amazing story-line, amazing graphics, amazing combat system. This is all around a stunning game, Bethesda absolutely out-did themselves with this game.
  63. Dec 27, 2011
    I sat down six hours straight for one session, this game is truly a masterpiece. Best game in a long time. One of my all time favorites. Warning: Can be addictive :)
  64. Dec 27, 2011
    Never before has a game captured an entire month of my life. I have been playing this game at almost every available opportunity and I still have another week or two left in me. If you have yet to pick up this game, I strongly encourage you to experience the Game of the Year, and probably the next, too.
  65. Dec 30, 2011
    This is by all measures an epic game. It's a massive world to explore, it's got hundreds of stories to tell, and hundreds of possible ways of doing it all. It can be both cinematic and open ended, and the sound track and graphics really aid this; the game is gorgeous. In terms of it's own merits, this game is an incredible value, offering hundreds of hours of game time in an open endedThis is by all measures an epic game. It's a massive world to explore, it's got hundreds of stories to tell, and hundreds of possible ways of doing it all. It can be both cinematic and open ended, and the sound track and graphics really aid this; the game is gorgeous. In terms of it's own merits, this game is an incredible value, offering hundreds of hours of game time in an open ended world, with sound and video to match, and a pretty good main story. Even some of the side quests are epic on a level that would make Indiana Jones blush. For Those of you who have played Oblivion, it stacks up very well, but does change quite a few things. On the one hand, the game has many more cinematic moments, thanks to revamped graphics, a wider variety of scenery, and much improved script writing and voice acting. However, in terms of leveling , experience, and perks, this is much more like a Fallout game than an Elder Scrolls game, but not in a bad way. You still pick a race, but the perks and attributes are somewhat reversed from Oblivion; rather than picking a class and attributes then playing to suit them, you play and pick perks and classes to fit how you play, and with a possible total of 60 perks, plus countless blessings, guardian stones, signs etc. there is plenty of opportunity to customise. The only real negative with Skyrim is the introduction of some grinding while moving through the guilds; You're often required to do quite a few "run here, do X, come back" missions that are randomly generated before the next real quest; This does give you opportunities to explore and to gain XP, but it can also be very demoralizing when you just want to get on with the story and you're stuck fast travelling, pressing A, and fast travelling back for upwards of 40 minutes. That being said, this is a remarkable game in all aspects, and for 43 dollars (only 35 or so at game trader for a used copy) It is an unbeatable value. Expand
  66. Nov 17, 2011
    What to say about a game,is this really a game,is it fiction,is it reality?Is it a dream,let me tell you without trying so hard not to go over the top.Perfection.Will you put this game in your console 10 years from now?Without a doubt I would put this game in my console for 20+ years if the good lord lets me.This game is deserving of a perfect 10 out of any other games I have ever playedWhat to say about a game,is this really a game,is it fiction,is it reality?Is it a dream,let me tell you without trying so hard not to go over the top.Perfection.Will you put this game in your console 10 years from now?Without a doubt I would put this game in my console for 20+ years if the good lord lets me.This game is deserving of a perfect 10 out of any other games I have ever played and I have played them all from donkey Kong on the Atari,when I was a kid waiting in line,to playing Dragon's Lair at the arcade to Halo, to this,ect...This is a gamer's dream come true and truth be said my favorite game, up to the point, was Mass effect 2 and I thought I would be at least saying that for the next decade.There are game companies with so much talent and innovation and there getting better and better but no one can touch Bethesda with a mile long stick.Not even the much loved Bioware,EA and Rockstar.Play this,live this, enjoy this, an epic masterpiece has entered the horizon my fellow ladies and gentlemen.We are not perfect as people,the world is not perfect but this really is. Expand
  67. Nov 14, 2011
    Skyrim is a difficult game to review, largely because your level of enjoyment will depend on what time of gamer you are. The game provides you with an enormous feature set and plenty of toys to play with in an impressive sandbox of a world. But if you don't have the time, patience, or interest to seek those things out, the game is never going to spoon-feed you reasons to keep playing.Skyrim is a difficult game to review, largely because your level of enjoyment will depend on what time of gamer you are. The game provides you with an enormous feature set and plenty of toys to play with in an impressive sandbox of a world. But if you don't have the time, patience, or interest to seek those things out, the game is never going to spoon-feed you reasons to keep playing. Also, there's rarely any sense of actual accomplishment, as the combat and questing rely more on diligence than actual challenge, and enemy mobs are surprisingly sparse. If you just like exploring and building your character, though, there is quite a bit of optional content that will keep you distracted for 100+ hours, but all that content will feel like filler for less adventurous players. The weather system, day-night cycle, enhanced social interaction, and housing are among my favorite parts of the game, and they go far in adding a sense of immersion. Practically everything is improved over Oblivion, and many of the most annoying aspects of that predecessor have been changed or entirely removed. Technical issues still abound, such as arrows getting stuck in your character and never disappearing like they're supposed to, horses and other animals getting launched into the air randomly, and corpses twitching eratically, but none of these are prevalent enough to kill the overall experience. My biggest gripe is actually against the combat, which is inexcusably loose and lacks any real innovation over previous Elder Scrolls titles, and it's fortunate that the enemies aren't any tougher than they are since you'll probably have a hard time landing a hit in close quarters. Overall, I have really enjoyed my time with Skyrim in spite of its drawbacks, and I'm sure that most role-playing fans will feel the same way. Just make sure that you have some time to devote to it before making the purchase. Expand
  68. Nov 30, 2011
    I feel like I'm getting my money's worth. In today's market more and more big publishers are giving us less for more, this is not the case with Skyrim. From an Elder Scrolls veteran player's point of view this game has improved it's fluidity of movement, I no longer feel like a camera. Battle feels a lot like Fallout 3 or Vegas without Vats (Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System). A npcI feel like I'm getting my money's worth. In today's market more and more big publishers are giving us less for more, this is not the case with Skyrim. From an Elder Scrolls veteran player's point of view this game has improved it's fluidity of movement, I no longer feel like a camera. Battle feels a lot like Fallout 3 or Vegas without Vats (Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System). A npc buddy system has been added. Crafting has been improved. Graphics have been improved. Map size has remained the same but the world content has increased at least two fold. There's no exclusive content to miss out on if you purchase this at any particular merchant. I don't feel obligated to wait for a game of the year edition as there is no content that has been obviously and intentionally left out of this game. Expand
  69. Nov 14, 2011
    Wow! This is really what I was hoping for. Great game. Excellent story with interesting characters. A significant improvement over Oblivion. You can also see that it pays off to not fall into a yearly schedule like Dragon Age.
  70. Nov 14, 2011
    An amazing game, I played and loved it, true masterpiece, my only concern is how time consuming it is, from walking up 7000 steps, etc. Sometimes you just feel socially incapacitated :P
    but a awesome game!.
  71. Nov 13, 2011
    Take Oblivion, make it way more pretty, improve the writing/sound/voice-acting, speed up menus and reduce chugginess, make combat more fun, and better the already amazing AI at the cost of some hotkey options and you have Skyrim.
  72. Dec 19, 2011
    EASILY one of the best game to have ever come out in the past DECADE. Skyrim is a masterpiece of the video game and sets a new standard for future RPG or Action/Adventure games to come. Everything has been improved from the previous titles and this game has so much things in it it can be quite a challenge to know which quest you should do first. The combat is excellent, the magic isEASILY one of the best game to have ever come out in the past DECADE. Skyrim is a masterpiece of the video game and sets a new standard for future RPG or Action/Adventure games to come. Everything has been improved from the previous titles and this game has so much things in it it can be quite a challenge to know which quest you should do first. The combat is excellent, the magic is excellent, nearly everything in the game is great especially the music, oh the music so EPIC. The only thing that isn't great is the Voice-over, its better than oblivion and morrowind but not as good as Dragon Age Origins and the Mass Effect series.
    THIS GAME IS A MUST BUY OR YOU'LL BE MISSING OUT ON SO MUCH THINGS!
  73. Dec 6, 2011
    Since Metacritic user reviews are good for short one, So let's point out a little bit of bad things on the game. The USER INTERFACE is horrible compared to Morrowind or even Oblivion. I can see how simple it is, but when we're using our armors, we can't see the real preview of the character unless if we go to the Third Person. The BUGS AND GLITCHES that still remains until now. I got thisSince Metacritic user reviews are good for short one, So let's point out a little bit of bad things on the game. The USER INTERFACE is horrible compared to Morrowind or even Oblivion. I can see how simple it is, but when we're using our armors, we can't see the real preview of the character unless if we go to the Third Person. The BUGS AND GLITCHES that still remains until now. I got this 3 times when I wait or "rest" somewhere, then the texture goes ugly and I can go through walls. It only happens when you play over 7 hours nonstop with an old Xbox. Mine is an old one so it's bad. One more, the PUZZLES. It makes the exploration on caves a lot more linear and boring. Though they are creative, it's annoying. Other than that, all of the things on this game are AMAZING. I recommend buying this game. Though Morrowind and the Expansion Packs are better and more challenging than this game. Expand
  74. Jan 4, 2012
    One of the greatest RPG games EVER!! I mean, a game with 300 hours of duration, an epic story line, good graphics and a solid game play? You must have it!!! That's all!
  75. Jan 12, 2012
    Quite simply, Skyrim ousts Oblivion as the greatest game of all time.

If you've ever liked FPS or 3rd person games, casting spells, swinging swords, chopping with a mighty axe, open world games, rpg's or mighty dragons then you'll absolutely love Skyrim. Im 100 hours into Skyrim so far and have barely scratched the surface of what's possible. There are a few glitches which will no doubt
    Quite simply, Skyrim ousts Oblivion as the greatest game of all time.

There are a few glitches which will no doubt be fixed in future updates however none of them serious enough to really spoil your experience.

In addition to the main quest involving dragons, kings and vacant thrones you'll spend months completing other questlines as a thief, mage, warrior, assassin, or all of those. Then will you be a rebel or imperial? Not to mention the hundreds of other random quests you can do.

Then there's the exploration side of things, i doubt i will ever get to visit EVERY place, even now I have uncovered 150+ locations and the map still looks bare.

With regular DLC to follow, as Bethesda did with Fallout, then there will be even MORE to do this year!

The only downside to the game is that in a years time I'll be wanting Elder Scrolls 6, and I don't want to wait another 5 years for it ..... :(

This game ended my COD addition, MW3 has been gathering dust for 4 weeks. And I like COD. A lot.

If you like computer games and have a 360, buy Skyrim.
  76. Nov 14, 2011
    The best game I've ever played, it's amazing, the story is one of the best TES, the gameplay improved from oblivion and the graphics are extremely great for a open world RPG game.
    I was waiting for this game since 2006 (TES IV) and now that it's really here, I can say that my expectations were exceeded . GOTY 2011 for sure
  77. Nov 29, 2011
    Ralph Waldo Emerson once wrote: "Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything that is beautiful" and, with that in mind, I would certainly recommend playing Skyrim which is beautiful right down to the butterflies. The game world is fantastic and vast - after around 40 hours of playing and I am yet to visit large areas of it - and the landscape varies wildly from arctic tundra to verdantRalph Waldo Emerson once wrote: "Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything that is beautiful" and, with that in mind, I would certainly recommend playing Skyrim which is beautiful right down to the butterflies. The game world is fantastic and vast - after around 40 hours of playing and I am yet to visit large areas of it - and the landscape varies wildly from arctic tundra to verdant grassland to mountain passes to rushing, rapid filled rivers. The graphics are fantastic and not only does the world look great but so do the NPCs and the items. There is even an option to rotate and zoom in on items and when doing that you really can see how lavishly detailed some of them really are. Some negative reviewers have claimed that the graphics have not advanced from Oblivion but as someone who got into The Elder Scrolls Games late and therefore only finished Oblivion three days before Skyrim was released I can tell you that the two are worlds apart in terms of graphics. Similarly the storyline for Skyrim is solid. While I would say that the storyline is not as good as Oblivion's (it has a high bar to beat, lets be honest) that is not to say it is bad as it is filled with depth, drama and characters which make you care what happens next. Even the books dotted around the landscape and city book shelves are amazingly well written and add depth, quests and some of the short stories even have plot twists of which Phillip K Dick would have been proud. Combat has been vastly improved from Oblivion firstly it is easier to play as an archer or mage in Skyrim as Oblivion did not make it easy to be either primarily. Similarly the actual fights are more fun in Skyrim as in Oblivion you'd slash at a goblin and, after its life ran out, it would slump peacefully to the floor as if it had fallen asleep. Instead in Skyrim enemies can be thrown backwards by a strong slash, beheaded or run through with your sword. The whole "shout" system also adds a new dimension to experiment with in combat. However, to me, the most important improvement is that every dungeon is unique which always makes it interesting to explore unlike in Oblivion where seeing the same rooms in a different order each time you visited a new dungeon got boring really fast. Other reviewers have mentioned glitches and I feel i should address that next. I think I am one of the lucky souls who has not encountered a single problem with this game and neither a graphical glitch nor a quest breaking bug has occurred for me. However, I think that some of the people with the problems are PC users who are mistakenly commenting on the xbox360 version's page rather than the PC version's page as they tend to mention their glitch experience in the same breath as mentioning that they have "an awesome rig". While swords, sorcery and dragons may not be everyone's cup of tea I did recently introduce a friend to the game who had previously, rather immaturely, referred to anything in the fantasy genre as "gay" and has now logged 86 hours of gameplay so it seems to be a good crossover game. In conclusion there I can find little to fault Skyrim for while having nothing but admiration for the designers of this game. From me it gets a well deserved 10/10. Expand
  78. Nov 12, 2011
    The best game I have bought ever since getting my Xbox. The world looks amazing and is so full of content you can spend hours without going very far from your starting point. All the problems I had with oblivion like the way the npcs looked and how the combat seemed repetitive have all been fixed and now the weapons seem to have weight and the npcs look great. Also I spent quite a longThe best game I have bought ever since getting my Xbox. The world looks amazing and is so full of content you can spend hours without going very far from your starting point. All the problems I had with oblivion like the way the npcs looked and how the combat seemed repetitive have all been fixed and now the weapons seem to have weight and the npcs look great. Also I spent quite a long time on it yesterday and didn't experience a single glitch on the Xbox version. Bethesda have done a really great job 10/10 and should definitely be game of the year. :) Expand
  79. Nov 14, 2011
    Took me a while to fall in love with this game, but I have. Beautiful graphics, very compelling storyline, huge open world to explore, and its fun! Some minor clipping issues and some conversations have a few glitches, but overall a solid piece of game. Exactly what I was looking for in an epic RPG!
  80. Nov 14, 2011
    This is a great game. The UI is a lil buggy for mouse control, but thats it. Also, I'm really laughing at some of these negative reviews by users. My favorite thus far is a reviewer talking about bugs: "when you get hit by giant you fly" -- no **** You think that's a bug that a huge giant hitting you and you go flying is a bug? Anyway, once the UI gets figured out for mouse support, thisThis is a great game. The UI is a lil buggy for mouse control, but thats it. Also, I'm really laughing at some of these negative reviews by users. My favorite thus far is a reviewer talking about bugs: "when you get hit by giant you fly" -- no **** You think that's a bug that a huge giant hitting you and you go flying is a bug? Anyway, once the UI gets figured out for mouse support, this game will go from a 9 to a 10 in my book. Expand
  81. Nov 30, 2011
    A truly epic RPG. Another excellent, detailed and intelligent fantasy universe created by Bethesda. Bigger, better and longer than any other 360 RPG. Several small bugs, but with a game this big, and this ambitious you can forgive the tiny flaws. As Mass Effect 2 was given 10/10 by many despite major flaws, I can give this game no less than a 10/10. Best RPG on 360 yet.
  82. Nov 14, 2011
    The game has some amazing visuals, story lines, quests, and countless ways to play "your way". If you have any interest in any kind of an RPG, this is a game you must play. However, there are some glitches that I can see being fixed in forthcoming patches, as well as some minor image tearing.
  83. Nov 14, 2011
    Epic game. Tons of quests and places to explore. I honestly give this game a 10 and almost positive it's going to be game of the year. This game is so addicting it's ruining my life. easily a 10 out of 10. GO BUY IT and play it NOW
  84. Nov 14, 2011
    Simply put, this is the greatest game i have ever played and i will be sinking hundreds of hours into it. love the exploring element and being able to wander off into the wilderness and have my own unique experience
  85. Nov 13, 2011
    My first time playing the ES series. It freakin rocks! Vast gameplay had me stuck to my pc for at least 2 days straight. Sure there are bugs, but for a game this size, they are expected. Suffice to say the bugs don't interfere with the ability to enjoy the crap out of this game. Oh and also...dragons, nuff' said
  86. Nov 20, 2011
    This game is superb and you will be playing this game for many hours. Don't buy Modern Warfare 3 .it is not worth your money. Skyrim isssss!!!!!!!!!
  87. Nov 12, 2011
    This game deserves nothing less than a 10. In no way is it 'perfect', but as a whole it deserves the 10. Sound, visuals, dialogue, story; everything will suck you in and keep you immersed. Of course there are bugs to be found, of varying degrees, but in a game this large and fully packed, how could there not be bugs? The important thing is that it won't take away from the beauty of thisThis game deserves nothing less than a 10. In no way is it 'perfect', but as a whole it deserves the 10. Sound, visuals, dialogue, story; everything will suck you in and keep you immersed. Of course there are bugs to be found, of varying degrees, but in a game this large and fully packed, how could there not be bugs? The important thing is that it won't take away from the beauty of this game. It won't stop you from letting the hours go by when you get lost in the world of Skyrim. I read some user reviews who rated the game a 0, then even went on to say that the game is decent. It's sad that those scores can be counted to hurt the rating of a game that's had so much love and work go into it. Do yourself a favor and pick up this game. Expand
  88. Nov 11, 2011
    This was an easy choice. Alot of people are docking this game for its handful of bugs. I am not one of them. With a game this size, even with fairly thorough beta testing, you cannot predict everything that is going to happen with the coding. That being said, Bethesda does an amazing job with patching problems very soon after releases and with the handful of bugs patched (I have yet toThis was an easy choice. Alot of people are docking this game for its handful of bugs. I am not one of them. With a game this size, even with fairly thorough beta testing, you cannot predict everything that is going to happen with the coding. That being said, Bethesda does an amazing job with patching problems very soon after releases and with the handful of bugs patched (I have yet to experience any after 12 hours of play) the game is perfect. It is a remarkable improvement on Oblivion in so many ways and the game gives you so many directions to take. I mentioned I have spent 12 hours in game right? I have accomplished almost nothing... and I don't care. That's the beauty of the well crafted sandbox. This game will let you give to it and will return your creative and exploitative investment 10 fold. The character models are amazing and the scenery is just magnificent. Buy it. Instant GoTY. Expand
  89. Nov 12, 2011
    Skyrim is the fifth installment in a long line of successful RPGâ
  90. Nov 12, 2011
    Great game, and an incredible RPG, incredible depth to your character and the world, i spend literally two and a half hours in and around the first town just looking at and exploring nearby places and completing the odd miscellaneous quest. But after i eventually prised myself from Riverwood i eventually came across an incredible open world with some astonishing vistas, with a multitude ofGreat game, and an incredible RPG, incredible depth to your character and the world, i spend literally two and a half hours in and around the first town just looking at and exploring nearby places and completing the odd miscellaneous quest. But after i eventually prised myself from Riverwood i eventually came across an incredible open world with some astonishing vistas, with a multitude of locations beside the main cities. Graphically Skyrim is much improved coming of the back of Fallout and Oblivion and are really very good for a world of this size and scope and animations are much improved making 3rd person play bare able without laughing (however personally i still think 1st person is better). The NPC interactions are also much improved with the biggest improvement been the most minor in the way that everything doesn't freeze during a conversation and they can be pulled out of at anytime, however there are a lot of other improvements that just overall make the NPC's feel a lot more realistic, but they can sometimes be a stupid during combat, for example throwing their personal safety out the window and decide they want to be Rambo and begin a full scale charge toward you, not to mention sometimes hitting each other when in combat, but these are minor and don't really spoil the game, is at all. Gameplay wise its excellent, although i understand complaints about the Oblivion like combat, but it fits in nicely to the game and the VATS style finishers look rather cool Expand
  91. Nov 12, 2011
    Fabulous in every way. Video games rarely reach the heights of making seasoned gamers say 'wow' at every new vista but Skyrim is one such beast. There is such a sense of freedom it's truly mind-blowing.
    It's the best rpg I've ever played and if you own an xbox 360 you do yourself a massive disservice by not buying it. You could buy one of two over hyped underwhelming war games, or you could get lost in sheer magical immersion. The likes of which have never been seen before. All hail Bethesda. A masterpiece.
  92. Nov 12, 2011
    This game is a Masterpiece, just like every Elder Scrolls game. To those of you complaining about it, either your dumb, or haven't played any TES game. Yes it has it's flaws, but the awesomeness covers them.
    Nothing a patch can't fix. Thanks Bethesda, you've done it again.
  93. Jan 4, 2012
    when i got this game for Christmas, i planned to present a review in the following days. Now, i am presenting to Bethesda a thank you letter. Thank you Bethesda for this wonderful game you have presented to your fans, which has not only kept your fan base happy, but has brought forward a new generation of elder scroll fans, who would never have touched this type of game before. it iswhen i got this game for Christmas, i planned to present a review in the following days. Now, i am presenting to Bethesda a thank you letter. Thank you Bethesda for this wonderful game you have presented to your fans, which has not only kept your fan base happy, but has brought forward a new generation of elder scroll fans, who would never have touched this type of game before. it is simply a masterpiece, and everyone should at least try this game, for it is not just a game, but an epic adventure. thank you Bethesda thank and you Todd Howard for this fantastic adventure. Expand
  94. Nov 13, 2011
    Theres no words to describe it. From the immense territory to the magic you cast. I can even write a book about this and im only on the 11th hours of the gameplay. I wont spoil anything, but if you have a console for it, youve got to play this game. YES, theres alot of people that claim that this is the game of the CENTURY, but those people have played it already, something that manyTheres no words to describe it. From the immense territory to the magic you cast. I can even write a book about this and im only on the 11th hours of the gameplay. I wont spoil anything, but if you have a console for it, youve got to play this game. YES, theres alot of people that claim that this is the game of the CENTURY, but those people have played it already, something that many gamers doubt and automatically hate about this game before even trying it. YOU NEED TO PLAY IT IN ORDER TO BELIEVE IT. Is that simple. Expand
  95. Nov 13, 2011
    A 100% beautiful game. I don't understand how some people have given it such bad reviews because 1. some of them are completely outrageous and 2. Some of their reasoning is absolutely dreadful. Someone said it's a Fallout cut and paste job with the same engine, you could not be more wrong. If you actually are a Bethesda fan you would have known they built a completely new engine forA 100% beautiful game. I don't understand how some people have given it such bad reviews because 1. some of them are completely outrageous and 2. Some of their reasoning is absolutely dreadful. Someone said it's a Fallout cut and paste job with the same engine, you could not be more wrong. If you actually are a Bethesda fan you would have known they built a completely new engine for this game and omg waiting from Fallout 3 as well as B to bring up a menu!!!!! NEWSFLASH! They were both in Oblivion smarts so technically Fallout took stuff from TES not the other way around, that being said I'm not criticizing Fallout( I actually enjoyed it) but it frustrates me so much to see such uneducated reviews on this game! The glitches aren't even that bad, you people are just so nit-picky and there are title updates for a reason nowadays. This game is so innovative and I've put 20+ hours into it and I've barely scratched the surface. Thoroughly enjoyable, a must for any true Bethesda fan! Expand
  96. Nov 14, 2011
    Skyrim is all my wildest dreams come true. I didn't play too much of Oblivion (or any other Elder Scrolls games) to know exactly how it worked as far as game play is concerned, but the fact I can shoot fire out of my left hand and use an iron mace in my right hand, fighting bandits, creatures, and even dragons, is something that gets me excited. As only having the 360 to play it on, I amSkyrim is all my wildest dreams come true. I didn't play too much of Oblivion (or any other Elder Scrolls games) to know exactly how it worked as far as game play is concerned, but the fact I can shoot fire out of my left hand and use an iron mace in my right hand, fighting bandits, creatures, and even dragons, is something that gets me excited. As only having the 360 to play it on, I am probably a little cheated on how great the scenery could be, but it is amazing, coming from the bleak, barren landscapes of Fallout 3 and New Vegas. The story is pretty good, although I thought the beginning was a little predictable, the dragon coming a the exact moment you were to be executed, but the escape sequence was pretty cool. The choice of classes is great, something Fallout doesn't provide, so there is a more specialized pattern of abilities and traits that I am capable of obtaining, and it gives me reason to go back and play this game again after I beat it, as another class. All in all, a very solid game. Although I am only about 5 hours into it, I can say this is one of the best open-world RPG games I have played in a while, and definitely a much needed break from the Fallout series. Expand
  97. Nov 14, 2011
    A simply amazing realization of living inside an unfolding book.--except that t here is no one linear story unless you choose to follow it. I have been exploring the world for two days and have barely scratched the surface. Kudos to all the people involved at Bethesda Softworks!
  98. Nov 14, 2011
    One of the greatest games I have ever played. Definatly worth noting that this game will Take up so much of your time because its just so addicting. The Elder Scrolls Have done it once again and released an amazing game. Bravo
  99. Nov 14, 2011
    An amazing improvement to Oblivion. Not only did Bethesda use an improved graphics engine, but they have fixed most of the issues we´ve had with the past instalment. The story is great from start to finish, and will last you a decent ammount time. The side quests are enjoyable and actually worth doing this time around. Leveling up your char has also been improved with the newAn amazing improvement to Oblivion. Not only did Bethesda use an improved graphics engine, but they have fixed most of the issues we´ve had with the past instalment. The story is great from start to finish, and will last you a decent ammount time. The side quests are enjoyable and actually worth doing this time around. Leveling up your char has also been improved with the new perk sistem similar to fallout 3. Interaction with npc´s is now more fluid due to the fact that you have full control over the camera, unlike previous Bethesda games where the camera would aim directly at the npc and no movment was possible. New entries such as dual casting are a very welcome addition to the Elder Scrolls games. The music is beautiful, as in all Bethesda games. And the scenery and the world of Skyrim is simply magnificent. Over all, there are at least 100-200 hours of entertaining gameplay.

But, unfortunetly, this game has its flaws. Yes, some of the bugs have been corrected, but not all.
    Theres texture popping all the time, some frame rate issues, and the deaths are glitchy as hell. Also, the meele combat still feels a bit to "floaty" for my liking, seeing as there is no recoil after hitting an enemy and it felt as though I was swinging through air. Also, i found several problems with the camera from time to time, especially in closed inviroments. I also found several glitches in the open fields, while going up the mountains especialy. But, all in all, this is a fantastic game and its a ride worth taking. In my humble opinion, the best Bethesda game yet.
  100. Nov 14, 2011
    Después de todo lo que se ha dicho sobre este juego no puedo añadir nada nuevo, solo cabe mencionar que es el mejor juego de esta generación de largo. Su mundo esta vivo y te hace vivir lo a cada paso, su ambientación y visualización no las he visto en ningún juego aun. Ha merecido la pena su larga espera. UnDespués de todo lo que se ha dicho sobre este juego no puedo añadir nada nuevo, solo cabe mencionar que es el mejor juego de esta generación de largo. Su mundo esta vivo y te hace vivir lo a cada paso, su ambientación y visualización no las he visto en ningún juego aun. Ha merecido la pena su larga espera. Un diez que se lleva esta obra maestra. Expand

1. Feb 6, 2012
    This epic role-playing game might be Bethesda's best game yet, and offers an unique and spectacular world filled with fun. The freedom ensures a great experience for both the casual and hardcore gamer, as you're free to play the game how you like.
  2. Dec 16, 2011
    Skyrim is the largest, and most compelling work that I've had the opportunity to play this year. It's engaging, engrossing, and will take over your gaming life for many months to come. Not only is Skyrim among the best that 2011 has to offer, but for me, this is, without hesitation, the Game of the Year.
  3. Dec 16, 2011