8.4

1. Nov 17, 2011
    Best RPG I've ever played. I try to never over-hype games, because in doing so, the game might not live up to your expectations... I was clearly wrong, as up until the very last night I bought the game, I didn't give a crap about buying this, then it hit me. This game turned out to be better than I could ever imagine, just filled with endless content and mysteries. You've never explored orBest RPG I've ever played. I try to never over-hype games, because in doing so, the game might not live up to your expectations... I was clearly wrong, as up until the very last night I bought the game, I didn't give a crap about buying this, then it hit me. This game turned out to be better than I could ever imagine, just filled with endless content and mysteries. You've never explored or done everything. Though, the game does have its problems... I get annoyed at how I can't see where my follower is on my map at all times, and how when he/she dies, it doesn't notify me. I've also got blocked from continuing quests briefly, but somehow I always found a roundabout to continue it if the AI messed up, but still makes me very nervous.

The quality 'and' quantity you get for only $60 overrules the bugs, every single one of 'em. This game gets a 10/10, and deserves nothing but a 10.
  2. Nov 17, 2011
    Amazing scope that pushes every interactive boundary. There is a reason that Bethesda owns the RPG genre. They have allowed users the flexibility to pursue game quests or simply wander the countryside to experience the sheer size of the rich world they created and interact with the creatures who inhabit it. Each new TES chapter advances the genre. It is understandable that The ElderAmazing scope that pushes every interactive boundary. There is a reason that Bethesda owns the RPG genre. They have allowed users the flexibility to pursue game quests or simply wander the countryside to experience the sheer size of the rich world they created and interact with the creatures who inhabit it. Each new TES chapter advances the genre. It is understandable that The Elder Scrolls has become the reference work against which all others are measured. Kudos to Bethesda. Expand
  3. Nov 17, 2011
    If you like open ended RPGs, that involve depth, backstory, exploring, dungeon-crawling, as well as bartering and wandering through towns, forests and mountainous caves, Skyrim reaches the peak. Expect to spend no less than 40 hours playing this game and you will have only barely just scratched the surface. Skyrim creates a world so palpable and full of interesting content that it putsIf you like open ended RPGs, that involve depth, backstory, exploring, dungeon-crawling, as well as bartering and wandering through towns, forests and mountainous caves, Skyrim reaches the peak. Expect to spend no less than 40 hours playing this game and you will have only barely just scratched the surface. Skyrim creates a world so palpable and full of interesting content that it puts other open world games to shame. There is a ton of variety in the quests, the voice acting is great and the graphics reflect the cold harsh yet beautiful environment of the northern parts of Tamriel. I can't recommend or gush about this game enough. It's certainly the best of its kind to come out, and I continue to expect great things from its developer down the line. It's worth every cent of the 60 dollar price tag - if you devote any amount of time to it, you *will* get more than your money's worth in quality entertainment. Expand
  4. Nov 20, 2011
    my adventures in tamriel began in 2004 with morrowind, the game was an excellent RPG but too hardcore for the uncommitted gamer, oblivion was vast, fun, easily accessible, and up until recently, was my favourite Elder Scrolls game, but over all rather generic. but Skyrim. skyrim is everything oblivion and morrowind wanted to be. for me, it is role playing perfection, compelling visuals andmy adventures in tamriel began in 2004 with morrowind, the game was an excellent RPG but too hardcore for the uncommitted gamer, oblivion was vast, fun, easily accessible, and up until recently, was my favourite Elder Scrolls game, but over all rather generic. but Skyrim. skyrim is everything oblivion and morrowind wanted to be. for me, it is role playing perfection, compelling visuals and almost total freedom. not every story told in skyrim is the most interesting, but skyrim's selling point is the sheer freedom the game affords the player. if i feel like it, i CAN go off the beaten path, if i see a character i CAN kill him/her, if i decide to betray someone, it may come back to bite me in the ass! you just don't know, and thats the reason why i play skyrim, freedom. i have sink 50 hours into the game this week, and every minute of it has been purely enthralling, it just doesn't get boring! and not to mention the stunning visuals, the game has scale on its mind; not everything is pretty up close, but the detain achieved on this scale is a remarkable achievement, even on consoles. if your an elder scrolls veteran, or a COD noob, get this game, its everything you've ever wanted, plus more! it is a digital masterpiece Expand
  5. Nov 21, 2011
    I think its been said multiple times by now, this game is perfect. Glitches and ugly faces aside, Skyrim has some of the best and most memorable gameplay of the year. Absolute masterpiece. I will be playing this game for many months to come
  6. Nov 24, 2011
    One of the greatest games i've ever played. Great graphics, huge open world and awesome storyline. In my honest opinion The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is just perfect!
  7. Nov 26, 2011
    i like this game a lot. there are tons of quests to do and the leveling up system is pretty cool. the map is huge and the graphics are good. the one thing ive seen is the giants are glichy when they hit you you into the air. but other than that it is a well made well rounded game.
  8. Nov 27, 2011
    Just a terrific game. There are so many good things to say. Just go play the game. I've already put in about 50 hours and not only have I barely scratched the surface of content and experiences but I just can't put it down. The wife hates it because I'm monopolizing the tv. Sorry baby, it's just too good! The only downside I've seen is that there are some bugs, most of low concern butJust a terrific game. There are so many good things to say. Just go play the game. I've already put in about 50 hours and not only have I barely scratched the surface of content and experiences but I just can't put it down. The wife hates it because I'm monopolizing the tv. Sorry baby, it's just too good! The only downside I've seen is that there are some bugs, most of low concern but one or two of major concern (like companion getting stuck in a quest and becoming unusable or my horse forcing me to kill it because it gets hit with splash damage I deliver). But look, we all know that Bethesda ain't no Blizzard so it's going to have some bugs. The level of complexity of the game is unmatched and the bugs just simply must be looked past. It's just too good to avoid. There's plenty of perfection for everybody in this game. Are you still reading this? GO BUY IT! Expand
  9. Nov 28, 2011
    The amount of content is astonishing and diverse. It seems like Bethesda has tried to balance quantity and quality, and has done so wonderfully in most cases. In some cases however, quantity seems to outbalance the depth. This seems to characterize the entire game, from the storylines, to both graphics and gameplay. However, the quantity creates its own sense of depth.

Most areas are

Most areas are beautiful, while some are unimaginative, grey, and bland. The graphics engine, though a bit dated, is put to great use in most cases. Sometimes however, low-res textures stand out as contrasts to an otherwise high-res environment. The bland areas also complement the beautiful places. Wander through a grey and cold cavern and find a beautiful underground oasis with flowers, ponds, and sunlight shining through holes in the roof. Escape the snowy planes and discover a beautiful plane with rivers and massive giants traversing the landscape.

Each gameplay component, swording and boarding, sneaking, and magic can be fun and exhilirating in their own right. However, rely on only one of these over a longer period of time, they might start to feel lacking, repetetive, and boring. Here, deep gameplay is not achieved through elaborate systems for each component, but through mixing them in unique ways and finding ways for one component to complement the other. Depth seem to be achieved through diversity. The way the game is constructed, with all its content, is affecting how it should be played. You want to sword and board your way through the game? Fine, but you will get bored. Make use of everything the game has to offer, and the gameplay feels a lot more rewarding. Mix all playstyles (warrior, thief, mage) and the fun never stops. When I first started playing, I used nothing but a shield and an axe. Around level 34, I got tired and bored. I then decided to start a new character, a warrior/thief hybrid making use of illusion magics to complement my playstyle. I have never had as much fun in a game since. Sniping one enemy with a bow, luring another one to me by making myself visible, casting invisibility, sneak-kill him, casting calm on a miniboss while talking another one out with a sword, then blast the miniboss with destruction magics. The options are endless. All in all, how fun this game is depends on how you play. Focus on only one aspect of the game and you will get bored. Make use of all the content this game has to offer, and you will find depth in the diversity. Some of the storylines are amazing, and could be the entire theme of other games. Other storylines are dull, and something you would only complete for the potential rewards. Some of the dull storylines complement the amazing ones, and help create a richer, more complete experience. This is a game I should dislike. I would take quality over quantity any day. I have always preferred balanced and polished content over anything else. This game is in no way balanced and polished. Glitches, bugs, non-elaborate gameplay systems. You come up with some bad, and this game has it. Still, quality seem to be achieved through the diversity. Name something good, and this game has plenty of that, too. This might not be a perfect game. It might have strayed away from some things that made it predecessors good. But it is still a damn good game. I It is a world. It is art.
  10. Nov 30, 2011
    I am only a few hours in to the game and I have only done one main quest, the time I have spent in Skyrim I have been to Hendry land, giggity giggity DON'T!!! Basically what I'm trying to say is the game brilliant. I have never had so much fun playing an RPG before.
  11. Nov 30, 2011
    I really love this game. Just thinking about how huge it is hurts my head at times. Side mission on top of side mission leads to a feeling that you are doing important things in the world. Combat is a blast. Play this game.
  12. Dec 3, 2011
    Este es un juego destinado ha hacer historia... Utilizando el sistema de calificacion de 3DJuegos mi nota seria esta:

Jugabilidad: 10 = Uno de los mundos mas extensos creados en los videojuegos. No se si supera a Oblivion, pero practicamente es un pais hecho desde cero. Puedes hacer todo lo que quieras, desde robar hasta ayudar a los mas pobres... Desde elegir un arco a una espada...

Jugabilidad:

Puedes hacer todo lo que quieras, desde robar hasta ayudar a los mas pobres... Desde elegir un arco a una espada... Desde nadar hasta caminar... Desde ser vampiro a hombre lobo... Es una jugabilidad epica.

Tecnologia y graficos: 10 = Toda va muy fluido, sin ralentizaciones. Tiene un motor grafico del 15 y eso da merito teniendo un mapeado tan grande como el que tiene. Ese puro arte. Puede que tenga bugs pero eso no quita que sea una maravilla, ya que son de poca importancia y no afecta demasiado a la experiencia de juego.
    Los graficos son insuperables y las texturas muy bien hechas. Algo que hechaba en falta en muchos juegos es el trabajo que le se pone a la zona facial, y con este juego no tengo queja ninguna.

Sonido:

10 = Banda sonora epica, y calidad sonora espectacular. Nada mas que decir.

Innovacion:

10 = El mejor TES a la fecha. Este juego innova muchisimo respecto a sus antecesores... Pasara a la historia.

Nota final:

10 = Juego epico, con jugabilidad epica, graficos epicos, BSO epica y innovacion epica. Nada mas que decir.
  13. Dec 5, 2011
    should add some people have made posts saying there are no stats for anyone who is intrested there are plenty of stats available, kills ,quests,places visted theres about 3 pages worth. some reviews are plain troll reviews and do not tell the truth.
  14. Dec 6, 2011
    There are bugs and things that could have been made better. There are a few things I would've done different myself, but, then, it's personal. Even then, Skyrim can comfortably be described as a masterpiece. Among the many qualities that could be pointed out, the feature that makes Skyrim unique is its unmatched immersion. I've always loved the fantasy setting. I've played a lot ofThere are bugs and things that could have been made better. There are a few things I would've done different myself, but, then, it's personal. Even then, Skyrim can comfortably be described as a masterpiece. Among the many qualities that could be pointed out, the feature that makes Skyrim unique is its unmatched immersion. I've always loved the fantasy setting. I've played a lot of tabletop role-playing games - rolled many dices. I used to draw a lot when I was younger: dragons, armored knights, angels, demons and monsters. The desire to experience a fantasy world is latent in people like me. "It is snowing. The wind is cold and silent. I'm running along the foot of a mountain range towards my next destination when I spot a lone deer, feeding under a tree. It hasn't spotted me. I crouch and draw my bow, slowly getting closer, trying not to scare it. A well placed shot will hopefully be enough. I halt and pull the string, aiming carefully, trying to guess the right height offset for the distance. Suddenly, a roughly cross-shaped shadow runs across the ground, bigger than that of birds. I look up: a dragon! Drums start beating in the background as the beautiful winged lizard roars, going from a gracious hover into a furious swoop. I run to behind the tree for cover, sheathing my bow and drawing my sword and shield. The dragon's cold breath is blocked by the tree as it swoops over. I turn to it and shout in its own language: Joor Zah Frul! Forced to behold its previously unknown mortality, the beast drops to the ground. I charge in to make it meet its fate." This was an artistic description of a sequence of events which actually happened while I was playing. Like I always do when there's someone nearby, be it my wife or my 7 years old cousin, I shouted: "Come see! A dragon!" The feeling is priceless. This is Skyrim. With all the bugs and imperfections, couldn't give it any less than 10. Expand
  15. XLX
    Dec 6, 2011
    With such a legacy as The Elder Scrolls it is hard to even start a review on a game as expansive as Skyrim. With so much going on in the land of Skyrim there are countless hours to be lost exploring caves, tombs, towns, and ruins. When you are not getting attacked by dragons from above ore wolves at your feet it is nice to take a look at the beautiful landscape that has been created forWith such a legacy as The Elder Scrolls it is hard to even start a review on a game as expansive as Skyrim. With so much going on in the land of Skyrim there are countless hours to be lost exploring caves, tombs, towns, and ruins. When you are not getting attacked by dragons from above ore wolves at your feet it is nice to take a look at the beautiful landscape that has been created for the player to enjoy. The game itself has many flaws and bugs that should never have made it through quality assurance testers. However I have only seen one or two game breaking bugs and even then it usually means you cant finish a certain quest line. I am impressed with this game even though I think they ruined a bit of the fun by adding in the perk tree forcing me to choose what I really want to be proficient in where in the other games in the series if I used it I received the perks. Many good things have been taken out but also many bad things have been corrected.

Bethesda has made a great game but falls back into the problem of not truly listening to what the gamer wants to see especially the little things that should be truly easy to program and change.

If you like the other Elder Scrolls games this game is worth every penny and even though small things will still upset you it is great in the grand scheme. If you have never played an Elder Scrolls game before you may want to borrow/rent it for two hours, If you aren't having fun in the first two hours you probably wont like the rest of it.

Games

Pros: Lots of things to do and places to explore
    Cons: Didn't fix some problems from Oblivion/ Lots of bugs still with little acknowledgement
    (1) Recommend: Yes
    (3) Enjoyment: 3 I have played well over 120 hours and still want to play more
    (3) Art: 3 Beautiful landscape and scenes
    (3) Sound: 2 Great music but lacks variety
    Grade: 90%
  16. Sep 24, 2012
    This game receives all the greatness it gets! It is truly a fun addicting game, with stunning visuals, and tons of content! 10 out of ten!
  17. Dec 21, 2011
    Skyrim is a revolutionary game. It's High definition clouds, Battle sequences and Interactive environment is astounding. For an example, if you see a mountain, that's not for show. You can climb that every environmental structure. As for the combat, Bethesda has taken the essence of Oblivion, but added power attacks, finishing moves and actual cut-scenes to make it feel more like realSkyrim is a revolutionary game. It's High definition clouds, Battle sequences and Interactive environment is astounding. For an example, if you see a mountain, that's not for show. You can climb that every environmental structure. As for the combat, Bethesda has taken the essence of Oblivion, but added power attacks, finishing moves and actual cut-scenes to make it feel more like real life. There are minor glitches here and there, but they are usually for laughs and cannot harm your gameplay. The Dragons are incredibly marvelous, the texture, movement, AI, everything. Skyrim is an enjoyable, creative RPG, full of exploration, epic battle, and amazing spells at your disposal. I would recommend this game to anyone and everyone, as it is bewildering, no matter what age or gender you are. Expand
  18. Dec 22, 2011
    Every few years a game comes along that elevates the genre and sets a new bar. This game has some bugs and glitches, but the overall product is so enjoyable you easily look past them. It's a game changer, and will be a defining game the likes of Mario 3, Zelda, and Halo.
  19. Dec 23, 2011
    A magical game, such a great experience one of the best games I've ever encountered I really hope bethesda keep up the amazing work and release some mind blowing DLC.
  20. Jan 6, 2012
    Skyrim... Where to begin. Well lets begin with game play, the meatiest part of this game.
    The game play is very similar to other Bethesda games such as Oblivion, and the newest two Fallout titles. The game is an open world, fantasy, role-playing game set in the northern most province called Skyrim in the Elder Scrolls world known as Tamriel (and yes I am not only a huge fan of the series, but a major nerd as well). You play as a legendary character known as the "Dovahkiin" or "Dragonborn" which will be explained later in my review, and get to play as 1 of 10 races, each with its own perks, and weaknesses. There is also a clever levelling system where by you level up after increasing any number of skills X number of times, which allows you to be any type of class you wish, and allows you to change class without having to start a new game, a generous plus in the games favour. From the first person perspective you can use either hand to either cast magic, use a weapon or shield, use both for two handed weapons, or use a bow. This also adds for a multitude of choices, and allows more people to play the game how they want. One added feature, which I prefer to the other recent Bethesda games, is the removal of an item wear system, now instead of weapons and armour degrading from use, they can be improved rather then fixed. Combat is fun, but dragon combat is where the game strives, as the beasts feel like they have power, and advantage over you, and fighting them feels just about as epic, as the idea of fighting dragons is. This is one of the first times dragons have been done right, and given justice in games. I could continue on for days on end, describing the quests, numberless items, and millions of ways to play the game, and still not come close to finishing just the game play of Skyrim, so instead I'll say that you can do pretty much anything you want (except that you sick perverts!) and from what I've already described, there's a lot to do.
    On to the presentation of the game, the graphics are outstanding. It is clear that Bethesda had spent some time on the look of the game as everything has detail, items can be inspected (key to some quests), character models are attractive, and the world itself is full of endless beauty. The sounds of the game are fantastic, and all well done, and dragons roar with intimidation, and it wont be uncommon to feel a chill do down your spine, and you begin frantically searching the skies for the winged beast. It should be noted though that it is clear that they had a limited staff of voice actors as the same voice will be heard multiple times from different characters, and when in conversation with characters, although not directly in their face like in other Bethesda titles, they still stand there with little emotion. Now I wish I could give this game a perfect score, but being honest and fair, I cannot as all games do have some flaws. For Skyrim, as with open world games in general, there are some glitches, and bugs that while not necessarily game breaking, are frustrating. Numerous times you will end up trapped in a rock or wall, and if you're not saving frequently, can be frustrating to have to go back because the only way to get unstuck is to load a save. My only other major gripe with the game is the whole concept of being the Dragonborn character. What the Dovahkiin is, is a character that is able to kill dragons, then adsorb their souls into them, and harness the dragons ability to spew fire, ice, shock waves, esc... by shouting. Let me explain, in Skyrim, dragons don't simply spew fire down at their enemies, they have some magical power to scream, or shout, and the energy of fire, of frost, of what ever that particular dragon is capable of doing radiates out from that shout. That's right, the first dragon you kill in the game isn't really fighting you, it's yelling at you. And after you kill it, you now have the ability to kill your enemies by yelling at them, and if you get into a fight with another dragon, you can make it nothing more then a yelling match. While it fits appropriately with a Norse based society, it's ridiculous to think about, and wasn't very necessary to the game.
    All in all, Skyrim is a great game, and with the amount of fun you can have, as well as an exponential amount of content for a $60 price tag, Skyrim is a must buy. FUS RO DAH! MOTHA#$%&ERS! (play the game if you don't get it)
  21. Dec 29, 2011
    Great Game but definitely over rated The main and Companion's questlines were terrible. boring and short.The Dark Brotherhood was different which i liked. College of Winterhold was fun and the end was oh so satisfying BUT The Thieves Guild stole the show it was a beautifully crafted questline this game has its bugs it has annoying characters (Cicero,Lydia,Orcs) but in all it's a wonderfulGreat Game but definitely over rated The main and Companion's questlines were terrible. boring and short.The Dark Brotherhood was different which i liked. College of Winterhold was fun and the end was oh so satisfying BUT The Thieves Guild stole the show it was a beautifully crafted questline this game has its bugs it has annoying characters (Cicero,Lydia,Orcs) but in all it's a wonderful experience.
    Skyrim =
  22. Dec 29, 2011
    Skyrim is a massive game. Itâ
  23. Jan 4, 2012
    Skyrim is definitively a game I will be playing for a while. It is the best game I have played with its superior graphics, beautiful sound, and above all its outstanding gameplay. The storyline is immense considering all that you can do, from fighting in the civil war, doing side quests, companion quests, to the actual story campaign. There is always something to explore or do in Skyrim.Skyrim is definitively a game I will be playing for a while. It is the best game I have played with its superior graphics, beautiful sound, and above all its outstanding gameplay. The storyline is immense considering all that you can do, from fighting in the civil war, doing side quests, companion quests, to the actual story campaign. There is always something to explore or do in Skyrim. Perfect game for any person, and is impossible to not like. Expand
  24. Jan 9, 2012
    This game is so vast and immense it is impossible to do everything. The graphics are amazing and the story is great. You actually feel like you're apart of the game. The lore behind this game is so deep that you it feels like a real world. The magic system is fun and interesting. Combat is way better this time around and isn't hack and slash like before. This is an awesome game that I willThis game is so vast and immense it is impossible to do everything. The graphics are amazing and the story is great. You actually feel like you're apart of the game. The lore behind this game is so deep that you it feels like a real world. The magic system is fun and interesting. Combat is way better this time around and isn't hack and slash like before. This is an awesome game that I will be playing for many years to come. Easily the best game this year. Probably the last great game of this generation. Expand
  25. Jan 6, 2012
    I simply cannot fault this game in any way. You pay the price of a standard game and get about 10 games worth of things to do. I've never particularly paid attention to the studios behind games, but since playing the Fallout and Elder Scrolls series, I'm a HUGE Bethesda fan. Their games are incredible, with hours and hours of content. Either way, Skyrim has endless amounts of fun; the plotI simply cannot fault this game in any way. You pay the price of a standard game and get about 10 games worth of things to do. I've never particularly paid attention to the studios behind games, but since playing the Fallout and Elder Scrolls series, I'm a HUGE Bethesda fan. Their games are incredible, with hours and hours of content. Either way, Skyrim has endless amounts of fun; the plot is excellent, the people that inhabit it are intriguing and the fact you can level up however you like to become whoever you want is brilliant. You need this game in your life - simple as. Expand
  26. Jan 28, 2012
    This is the First bethesda game i have ever played and it was a GREAT first impression i love how you can do anything you want theres no restrictions its just an awesome game im gonna have to give it a 9 though due to the fact that it gets boring after a while
  27. Jan 25, 2014
    Recently I bought the legendary edition of this game and it was nothing short of a true masterpiece, I like the feeling of a breathing living world that feels like it was there before you arrived and will still be there long after, i have never experienced so many quests and side missions before - One cannot simply finish Skyrim, it will last over 100 hours and still be entertaining, withRecently I bought the legendary edition of this game and it was nothing short of a true masterpiece, I like the feeling of a breathing living world that feels like it was there before you arrived and will still be there long after, i have never experienced so many quests and side missions before - One cannot simply finish Skyrim, it will last over 100 hours and still be entertaining, with all the daedric quests, armors, guilds, or even the nords hilarious accent, and then there's: Dawnguard, Dragonborn and Hearthfire, the dawnguard quest is HUGE! and can be played from 2 completely different perspectives - and who doesn't want to be a vampire and I'm not talking about the 'Twilight Disco Ball Vampires' I mean you actually get weaker in the sunlight, Dragonborn gives you a whole island to explore - just don't go there unprepared, Athen there's Hearthfire,it may be only a minor DLC but would you: a. give 5000 gold to a stewerd to a Town house, Or , B. buy a plot of land, build a HOUSE add anything you want to it and then adopt 2 kids like Blaise and Lucia, and then have a wife like Ysolda (hint,hint), this game is truly something to remember and i will happy to See an Elder Scrolls VI (6) wherever or whenever it may be. And no one can forget the main theme song. Expand
  28. Jan 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the most outstanding games I've ever seen graphics awesome fighting technics amazing also giant spiders skeletons awesome flaming hands swords my type of game Expand
  29. Nov 11, 2011
    First of all
    I'm not a RPG lover, but I still find big joy in this game
    I just start and have been playing it non-stop for 6 hours!
    My record was 1 hours for Fallout NV!
    Masterpiece? YES
    GOTY? YES
    Here am I, sitting and waiting for another masterpiece called Fallout 4
  30. Nov 28, 2012
    Currently on my 2nd play thru and have downloaded the add ons. With Dragonborn Expansion this is the best time to go thru the game again. By far the best RPG to date.
  31. Dec 9, 2011
    Fantastic game. if you enjoyed the rest of the elder scrolls series you will love it. it has some of the best audio i have ever heard on a game. Highly recomended to people who enjot RPG games.
  32. Nov 29, 2011
    Oblivion + better combat system + better graphics + longer main quest + dragons + more quests + dual wield magic + completely unique dungeons = greatest game ever.
  33. Nov 11, 2011
    I've never played an RPG in my life, they just aren't my type of game. However after viewing trailers and gameplay it was hard to ignore this game and not get sucked in so I went and bought the game this morning. I've been playing it all day and i'm hooked.

The game really sucks you in from the very beginning. Whether it be main quests or side quests there's always loads to do and looking at the size of the map I can't begin to imagine how long it would even take to explore everywhere.

So to anyone worried they won't like this game, if they're like me and don't play many RPG's... don't be worried. The game will suck you in with its incredible environment, great combat system, likable characters, cool puzzles, imaginative quests and the rewards achieved when leveling up. JUST GO BUY IT NOW!
  34. Dec 22, 2011
    The elder scrolls franchise has always been one of the most amazing series' of all time, all of the games in this series have been extremely popular in the gaming community and greatly loved by many gamers and Skyrim does not differ. After it's announcement in december 2010, the hype began. It continued to grow and skyrim became what was probably one the most anticipated games of 2011.The elder scrolls franchise has always been one of the most amazing series' of all time, all of the games in this series have been extremely popular in the gaming community and greatly loved by many gamers and Skyrim does not differ. After it's announcement in december 2010, the hype began. It continued to grow and skyrim became what was probably one the most anticipated games of 2011. Upon it's release millions of gamers, including long-time fans and those new to the series spent hours of their lives in the living, breathing fantasy world of skyrim, which lived up to all of it's expectations and well deserved hype. With its stunning graphics, amazing story telling, almost infinite amount of content and its expansive world and lore. Skyrim is just one of those games that will live on, and be remembered for a long time. But on a more personal level, I look at skyrim as more than a game, I see it as a work of art because wherever you look in skyrim you can see it's true artistic Beauty. You can walk through a field and everyone will have a different experience, one may see a dragon soar overhead, one may meet a trader or bandits, or see a butterfly float past. Each dungeon in skyrim is uniquely crafted and they all tell a story, with the simple placement. An rpg should be about playing a role and in skyrim you can play many, it's up to you, and telling a story which skyrim does both verbally and physically. With the perfect AI, perfectly crafted environment and the way they have replicated nature and society, Bethesda has made alot more than a game, they have made a whole world. Perfection 10/10 Expand
  35. Dec 4, 2011
    I was looking at the reviews for this great game and i was appalled to see a single person rated this game bad. Yes, it crashes every once in awhile, yes it's occasionally buggy, but this game is spectacular. There's no other game I'd rather play. This game stole my life, so now i have none but to play Skyrim.
  36. Dec 7, 2011
    Skyrim rocks. If you want a single-player 'team' game, where the storyline is tighter and supporting cast are memorable and develop over time, this will be less fulfilling than the Mass Effect, Dragon Age, or Grand Theft Auto sandpit-type rpg's. But if you want the ultimate in lone-wolf hero RPG freedom, like to explore and/or craft, or just want a ridiculous variety of gameplay optionsSkyrim rocks. If you want a single-player 'team' game, where the storyline is tighter and supporting cast are memorable and develop over time, this will be less fulfilling than the Mass Effect, Dragon Age, or Grand Theft Auto sandpit-type rpg's. But if you want the ultimate in lone-wolf hero RPG freedom, like to explore and/or craft, or just want a ridiculous variety of gameplay options for the price of one, this is it. The storyline is more coherent to the casually-interested than the last few games, but the best memories you'll get from this iteration are still the ones that emerge almost randomly and unexpectedly, when you take a detour from a detour and just let the world take you wherever it's going to take you. Expand
  37. Dec 29, 2011
    Well I am now 120 hours in level 40 and still dont feel I scratched the surface this game is amazing and fully deserves the GOTY award it got. Yes some bugs are there. Followers can get stuck, weapons can remain hovering, but after all this time these are the only issues I found and on a game this massive in size and scope its inevitable. Anyway I think im about halfway through theWell I am now 120 hours in level 40 and still dont feel I scratched the surface this game is amazing and fully deserves the GOTY award it got. Yes some bugs are there. Followers can get stuck, weapons can remain hovering, but after all this time these are the only issues I found and on a game this massive in size and scope its inevitable. Anyway I think im about halfway through the main quest and College, im yet to start the companions, thieves guild, dark brotherhood or the civil war line!! The soundtack, landscapes, environments and interactions are amazing. Im going to be playing this for months, if not years and I know it has already become one my favourite games of all time. Expand
  38. Nov 28, 2011
    What a masterpiece! Skyrim has far surpassed my expectations and is one of my favorite games ever created. The main story is fun and interesting. There is also a great sense of scale and content in skyrim. Everywhere you look there is an interesting side quest or dungeon to explore. Oh and can i mention the random sidequests are actually really fun and interesting? Also all of the FactionsWhat a masterpiece! Skyrim has far surpassed my expectations and is one of my favorite games ever created. The main story is fun and interesting. There is also a great sense of scale and content in skyrim. Everywhere you look there is an interesting side quest or dungeon to explore. Oh and can i mention the random sidequests are actually really fun and interesting? Also all of the Factions are full of quality as well. Like the Thieves guild and Dark brotherhood two of my favorites! The soundtrack is beautiful as well i was so happy to hear the morrowind theme in Skyrim! Plus the whole game is around 300+ hours of quality. Bethesda has outdone themselves! Expand
  39. Nov 29, 2011
    I'm honestly surprised by the negative attitude this game is getting. If you say you put a zero to offset the high scores, and you wanted to give it a 5 or a 6, then you're not reviewing a game right. Reviews are based on your personal experience, and mine has been pretty great so far, barring a few glitches. I think the game looks and plays better than Oblivion, and comparing it to otherI'm honestly surprised by the negative attitude this game is getting. If you say you put a zero to offset the high scores, and you wanted to give it a 5 or a 6, then you're not reviewing a game right. Reviews are based on your personal experience, and mine has been pretty great so far, barring a few glitches. I think the game looks and plays better than Oblivion, and comparing it to other games in the genre is a little bit maddening. I'm reading a lot of reviews comparing it to Dark Souls, and thats apples and oranges there, and of course, a little similar to the two main FPS games that came out this year. In my opinion this game is near perfect, and despite it locking up on me two or three times I'm having an amazing time playing through these quests. I'm currently playing a spellcaster, and the animations for the spells are great, as well as the set pieces and dungeons throughout skyrim. This game is worth playing, and is a worth while Elder Scrolls sequel. Expand
  40. IMN
    Nov 14, 2011
    Masterpiece! I just climb over the throat of the world and this is astonishing! Then I was killed by throll and that was astonishing too! I wish this piece of art will never ends! Love it! Best game ever!
  41. Nov 14, 2011
    This game is why 10's are awarded and absolutely what all gaming should strive for. I guarantee you will get your money's worth and then some. Just be prepared to put a hefty amount of time in; so much to do! I could sit here and tell you know how beautiful, satisfying and amazing this game is but I'll keep it as simple as possible: this game is the best release for 360 to date.
  42. Nov 14, 2011
    love this game apart from ,ive unlock 4 words for my shout, 2 are working fine but the onther 2 are not ,as ive kiled 7 more dragons and the shouts are not working
  43. Nov 28, 2011
    I pre-ordered this game no daring to expect what I had heard. Several big titles in the past few years have been a huge letdown simply because of hype, and from my experience, not a single one lived up to it completely. At first, when the game started, the graphics seemed odd, and I dreaded, for a fleeting few minutes, that I was right, this game is overhyped and won't be as good as theI pre-ordered this game no daring to expect what I had heard. Several big titles in the past few years have been a huge letdown simply because of hype, and from my experience, not a single one lived up to it completely. At first, when the game started, the graphics seemed odd, and I dreaded, for a fleeting few minutes, that I was right, this game is overhyped and won't be as good as the past Elder Scrolls titles. But I gritted my teeth and pressed onward, and after the intro my complete immersion began. I immediately set off in the opposite direction of where it told me to go. I happened upon a butterfly, and decided to fire off a spell at it, it fell to the ground, clearly dead. I blinked, never before had aesthetic effects like butterflies been intractable in this manner, I found I was able to loot it, which again is a major thing (to me) for a game this immense to have. 40 hours later I hadn't looked back, this game completely consumed my free time. The story was amazing, the scope is so vast it is hard to grasp. When I tore away from the game to do a paper, I realized, I wasn't even 1/6 of the way through the game. And this is one character, in a game with so many unique play-styles and races.
    Worth mentioning is the random encounters. When I played the Fallout games I was very very happy with the random encounters, and in sky-rim, I won't spoil anything, but they get better and better, sometimes resulting in sequences of action that are non scripted, but resemble a multi million dollar blockbuster film. These events can do anything from giving you an item, or literally almost destroying a towns population.
    The attention to the natural scape is the first i've actually noticed in a game without someone else commenting on it. The jagged mountains jut haphazardly into the sky, sometimes draped in clouds or hidden by snow. And the best part? You can climb all of it. In conclusion many features from Oblivion have been removed, but the additions far outweigh the removals. What you are getting here is not only the game of the year, but perhaps the best game for many years to come, offering a completionist an Everest of a mountain to climb. Oh, and FINALLY, after all of Bethesda's games, STEALTH FINALLY IS USEABLE.
  44. Nov 28, 2011
    Possibly one of the best games of the year. This RPG is one for everyone. I had never played an Elder Scrolls game before, tried Fallout 3 but didn't like it too much. But Skyrim got me very excited. "See that mountain over there? Yeah, you can climb that mountain." That's one of the main attractions to the game - it's so large and full of adventure. The graphics are very good for a gamePossibly one of the best games of the year. This RPG is one for everyone. I had never played an Elder Scrolls game before, tried Fallout 3 but didn't like it too much. But Skyrim got me very excited. "See that mountain over there? Yeah, you can climb that mountain." That's one of the main attractions to the game - it's so large and full of adventure. The graphics are very good for a game so large and the dragon encounters are very fun. They appear randomly, which can shock you when they appear when you're not prepared, like they did for me in the middle of a city. But they all do essentially the same thing and can become repetitive. There are bugs but it doesn't affect the overall experience, most of them are good to laugh at. The bugs are forgivable mainly because they are to be expected in such a big game. But Bethesda have already patched the PS3 version, with a X-Box and PC patch coming tomorrow. I think most people will enjoy this game because you can play it anyway you want. Prefer to be stealthy and love Assassins Creed? Then go for archery and become a Dark Elf. Love melee and hate magic? Try the Khajiit or an Ork. Nobodies experience will be the same, rather like Minecraft. I encourage everyone to pick up this game. Expand
  45. Nov 28, 2011
    This game is a phenomenal addition to the Elder Scrolls series. Since playing Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout: New Vegas, I've been looking forward to a new installment that introduced a new engine and a game that brings home the dinner in every aspect and Skyrim does just that. It's in-depth game play and detail is so immense, it will disgrace future games as they are comparedThis game is a phenomenal addition to the Elder Scrolls series. Since playing Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout: New Vegas, I've been looking forward to a new installment that introduced a new engine and a game that brings home the dinner in every aspect and Skyrim does just that. It's in-depth game play and detail is so immense, it will disgrace future games as they are compared to Skyrim's beautiful world. Expand
  46. Nov 29, 2011
    An overall great game. The few bugs are overshadowed by the immense open world and sheer number of side missions to do. I've played over 100 hours as a 2H Warrior so far and I still can't wait to try out a mage. Wabbajack wabbajack wabbajack!
  47. Nov 29, 2011
    I must say, this game definitely fits its title. ADHD's worst enemy! I already have 45 hours logged, problem is I just got into the third main quest.... I do not have the time for this GAME! I love it. Best. Game. EVAR! Seriously though, the care they put into this game literally makes it show that Bethesda actual cares about creating a game people can be proud to admit they put soI must say, this game definitely fits its title. ADHD's worst enemy! I already have 45 hours logged, problem is I just got into the third main quest.... I do not have the time for this GAME! I love it. Best. Game. EVAR! Seriously though, the care they put into this game literally makes it show that Bethesda actual cares about creating a game people can be proud to admit they put so many hours into it! Good job, can't wait for some of your other games! Expand
  48. Nov 29, 2011
    A great game with a lot to do and see. There's nothing so annoying that it detracts from the good things in the game. Some things are a little weird like the menu system and the fact that you can't see your character in the menu, but other than that there is so much that this game does right that you can deal with minor inconveniences.
  49. Dec 4, 2011
    Best game I have ever played. Skyrim boasts the most immersive, beautiful, and evocative world ever fit into a T.V. screen. Writing this game off because of a few bugs which will be fixed in a few weeks with a few updates is utterly insane. There's so much to say about this game so I will pick something you might have missed -- the music!!! The music is beautiful and it is woven intoBest game I have ever played. Skyrim boasts the most immersive, beautiful, and evocative world ever fit into a T.V. screen. Writing this game off because of a few bugs which will be fixed in a few weeks with a few updates is utterly insane. There's so much to say about this game so I will pick something you might have missed -- the music!!! The music is beautiful and it is woven into gameplay in a way that makes you stand on the edge of a mountain and stare off into the sunset every few minutes. Expand
  50. Dec 9, 2011
    If I were to sum this game up in to one word, its would be "Beautiful". This is everything that is good about video games, in one giant package. Bethesda has put allot of love into this project, and it shows. An amazing game with an amazing amount of amazing content with an amazing story and an amazing.... Well, you get the point. There are a few flaws here'n there, but the detail andIf I were to sum this game up in to one word, its would be "Beautiful". This is everything that is good about video games, in one giant package. Bethesda has put allot of love into this project, and it shows. An amazing game with an amazing amount of amazing content with an amazing story and an amazing.... Well, you get the point. There are a few flaws here'n there, but the detail and content in this game is so great, you will just flick them away and instantly forget them. Are you a gamer?, then this is a must buy!!!. Expand
  51. Jan 20, 2013
    I have had an infinite amount of issues. The combat. It's boring dialogue. Copy and paste dungeons. Lack of variety. Quantity over quality. Environments are repetitive. Disarm shouts making you lose your weapons permanently. Consistent freezing. Quests being impossible to complete due to glitches. Constant trips to sell/store items due to being overencumbered. Repeat voice actors. Won'tI have had an infinite amount of issues. The combat. It's boring dialogue. Copy and paste dungeons. Lack of variety. Quantity over quality. Environments are repetitive. Disarm shouts making you lose your weapons permanently. Consistent freezing. Quests being impossible to complete due to glitches. Constant trips to sell/store items due to being overencumbered. Repeat voice actors. Won't let me fast travel even if there isn't an enemy near me. Too much walking. Lockpicking breaks don't reset my pick to where it was when it broke. No reason to care about my character's role in the story. Dragons become repetitive too after you've fought 10 of them. All the mountains in my way ... WHY CANT I CLIMB?! Also, no distance meters to show me how far target locations are. ...some quests I can't do because I need a key from another quest I haven't gotten yet. All of these glitches and issues...

...all of these glitches and issues....

...yet I love the game. It is very easy to overlook the technical hiccups due to just how immersed you can become in this wonderfully crafted world. I think they just tried to put *too much* in, and in doing so were unable to fix every little glitch. This game looks great, can be played however you want to play it, and is a definitive RPG for the ages.
  52. Nov 14, 2011
    Simply an amazing game. Skyrim is clearly not for everybody. If you don't have a lot of time for games, this is not a great choice. This game takes time and patience to get good. If you're a gamer who is expecting fast and easy mindless fun, go play Call of Duty, because this game will not please you either. But if you're looking for a truly immersive game, full of choices and a huge openSimply an amazing game. Skyrim is clearly not for everybody. If you don't have a lot of time for games, this is not a great choice. This game takes time and patience to get good. If you're a gamer who is expecting fast and easy mindless fun, go play Call of Duty, because this game will not please you either. But if you're looking for a truly immersive game, full of choices and a huge open world for exploration you'll love this game. Expand
  53. Nov 14, 2011
    To say that this is a poorly crafted game is as ignorant a statement as one can make. Sure, there are some flaws, sure some aspects of it are slightly choppy. Juxtaposed to the size of the game, none of that matters. Everything is seamless. The hard work and effort put into designing a game this massive is awe inspiring. Get this game, it's going to change the way we perceive games for theTo say that this is a poorly crafted game is as ignorant a statement as one can make. Sure, there are some flaws, sure some aspects of it are slightly choppy. Juxtaposed to the size of the game, none of that matters. Everything is seamless. The hard work and effort put into designing a game this massive is awe inspiring. Get this game, it's going to change the way we perceive games for the future. It's a work of art. I will never be satisfied with anything lesser, and I don't see anything topping it anytime soon. Expand
  54. Dec 4, 2011
    Best game ever created.I know this sounds a bit bold but it's true.This game really is a thing of beauty , and I'm really looking forward to the next ES game, can't wait!
  55. Dec 8, 2011
    took me a while to get it, but I can now say that despite the weird game mechanics, and many strange flaws in this game, this is probably the best game ever made. If you are like I was, and you think its really boring and pointless, just keep playing it. Eventually the world of Skyrim will open up to you, and video gaming will never be the same.
  56. Mar 7, 2014
    An absolutely spell-binding RPG that holds your attention through hundreds of hours of game time. The visuals are incredible and varied, the soundtrack is second to none, and the controls and combat are tight and balanced between the various styles available to the player. Never before have I played a game that I thought I could lose myself in like this one. Bethesda has recaptured whatAn absolutely spell-binding RPG that holds your attention through hundreds of hours of game time. The visuals are incredible and varied, the soundtrack is second to none, and the controls and combat are tight and balanced between the various styles available to the player. Never before have I played a game that I thought I could lose myself in like this one. Bethesda has recaptured what they had in Morrowind and lost in Oblivion, and that is an environment and social structure that exist quite independent of your adventuring and advancing.
    This is a game where you are most fulfilled when you slow down, take the time to look around, and realize you are in another world that lives and breathes on it's own without you. (Metaphorically, it is still fake and they are still just AI.)
    I have only two issues and one fear related to this game.
    1. The infinite missions this game was hyped to have are mostly endlessly performing mundane tasks for various guilds that have no additional storyline once you complete the main one for that group. It would be like me endlessly giving you a grocery list with the same items on it and saying that I was giving you an endless variety of chores.
    2. The good old Bethesda bug machine keeps on rolling right along, crashing sporadically. Go 8 hours crash, go 30 minutes crash, fail to boot up, go 30 hours, crash. They must come up with some patches to stabilize this game and this is the sole reason I gave it a 9 and not a 10. This type of poor code writing should not be glazed over anymore!
    And finally, I have a fear that if they choose to remove anything else from this game for the next installment, less will start to become less. They did a wonderful job of trimming the fat from Oblivion, but anymore and this won't be an RPG for long.
    A brilliant game that only the serious gamer should undertake, otherwise you'll only be frustrated that you don't have enough time.
  57. Nov 19, 2011
    so i must admit this has got to be one of the best games I've ever played it exceeded my expectations greatly when i first got it i thought it was gonna be iffy but this actually turned out to be awesome i would highly recommend it to anyone over 10
  58. Mar 12, 2012
    This is without a doubt the best game released in 2011.

A wonderfully immersive RPG experience; the likes of which have become increasingly rare in the generic, cookie-cutter gaming industry.
  59. Oct 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A magnificent hive of creativity and technical clout, and holds a world so open it frequently threatens to overwhelm. Skyrim is forever charming and consistently engaging, and will carve a completely different adventure for every player put under its dazzling spell. Expand
  60. Jan 5, 2012
    I love this game! A truly massive world that I cannot find in any other game. Its like an MMO except there aren't tens of thousands of mages and warriors running around. Its also a more rewarding experience than an MMO because the story revolves around you. Faces look a little weird. Some NPCs do strange things and combat can feel less intimate than other games. Otherwise I would giveI love this game! A truly massive world that I cannot find in any other game. Its like an MMO except there aren't tens of thousands of mages and warriors running around. Its also a more rewarding experience than an MMO because the story revolves around you. Faces look a little weird. Some NPCs do strange things and combat can feel less intimate than other games. Otherwise I would give this game a straight up 10/10 Expand
  61. Jan 22, 2012
    This game has everything. A virtually unlimited number of quests ranging from the lengthy main quest to the guild quests to a seemingly numerous amount of miscellaneous quests. And I haven't even started talking about the dungeons. The world itself is massive. I've only even neared the edge of the game border once...in all my 60 hours of playing so far! And yet despite its size, it isThis game has everything. A virtually unlimited number of quests ranging from the lengthy main quest to the guild quests to a seemingly numerous amount of miscellaneous quests. And I haven't even started talking about the dungeons. The world itself is massive. I've only even neared the edge of the game border once...in all my 60 hours of playing so far! And yet despite its size, it is packed to the gills with stuff in each individual area of the game world. I can hardly go in one direction for more then a minute without stumbling upon a landmark, be it a miscellaneous quest opportunity and/or a dungeon or some other intriguing pastime. This game has more content then I have seen before...ever. Not even GTA4 came close to this. Each quest has been treated with a level of thought and detail that it hardly ever seems thrown in just for the sake of making the game longer. In each quest (be it main, guild, or miscellaneous) I always meet new characters who are colorful and diverse in personality, and a plot woven delicately enough to keep me engaged all the way through. And then there's the graphics. For the size of the game world, I am amazed to see the level of detail that each individual object of the game has been rendered with. The amount of detail, combined with how much there is detailed, is unbelievable. It has been six years since Oblivion came out, and I can easily believe that Bethesda has spent all that time perfecting every nook and cranny of Skyrim, from the quests to the graphics to the game world itself. This is a must buy, not just for RPG fans, but for any gamer out there. You cannot know what a perfect RPG is until you have played this game. Expand
  62. Jan 23, 2012
    Linear?....yes. Bugged?....yes. Repetitive?.....yes. However despite all the above this game is an absolute classic. The sheer size of the countryside and the fact that each area and character feels and looks different immerses you into the (weak) plot. With a huge number of side quests alongside the main quests and hundreds of different options and paths to choose (although most of theseLinear?....yes. Bugged?....yes. Repetitive?.....yes. However despite all the above this game is an absolute classic. The sheer size of the countryside and the fact that each area and character feels and looks different immerses you into the (weak) plot. With a huge number of side quests alongside the main quests and hundreds of different options and paths to choose (although most of these choices do not seem to change the plot much) be prepared to call work, your friends, your partner and anybody else you know to advise them they may not see you for a while! Expand
  63. Apr 27, 2012
    This game is a true work of art everything about this game is amazing from the stunning graphics to the smooth gameplay and let's not forget the amazing storyline.This is my favourite Installment by far this game is a Masterpiece and a must buy for any rpg fan.
  64. Nov 17, 2011
    Does this game even need a review? Negative reviewers obviously picked this game in response to the buzz this game acquired since it's announcement, and are probably expecting more, yet Skyrim delivers more than just what The Elder Scrolls have been all about. Dig deep into the Skyrim's tremendous world and you'll get your monies worth a thousand times over.
  65. Jan 4, 2012
    A fantastic game without a doubt, but with the bugs and slight lack of polish. This is what hinders its perfection. It is still a highly recommended game
  66. Dec 31, 2011
    Having put over 100 hours into this game and completed most (if not all) major quest lines, I feel that I can write an honest review about this game. Everyone knows that Skyrim is THE biggest game of the year (fans or haters), there's truly no denying it. Although saying this for myself, I found the game getting extremely boring 40 - 50 hours in. Once the main storyline and the 3 obviousHaving put over 100 hours into this game and completed most (if not all) major quest lines, I feel that I can write an honest review about this game. Everyone knows that Skyrim is THE biggest game of the year (fans or haters), there's truly no denying it. Although saying this for myself, I found the game getting extremely boring 40 - 50 hours in. Once the main storyline and the 3 obvious side lines, the game just becomes too repetitive. All misc missions seem to carry the seem pattern and the dragon attacks, although highly hyped about before the game was released, become extremely annoying and tedious.

Don't get me wrong, the game is simply AMAZING. The wide open world with amazing scenery, interesting stories and awesome combat, I just can't help overlook the flaws of the games. And there are loads. Glitches are really the major enemy of any game of this size. It happened in fallout: New Vegas, it happens in battlefield, it is just something that can't be ignored. I have encountered many glitches in my time playing from minor graphical glitches to game breaking glitches costing me over 5 - 10 hours of game play.

All-in-all, the game is amazing, gets fairly boring quickly and has its fair share of glitches. A definite game to play but just be prepared for it.
  67. Nov 17, 2011
    A total masterpiece!!! There is now a game that not only lives up to the hype that shrouded it since it's announce, it surpasses it above and beyond! You do not only pay for a fantastic game, you pay for an entire world that only exists on the disk!
  68. Apr 4, 2012
    Indeed, a masterpiece of free-form gaming. While the game is not "perfect", it is perfected for the time being. If you haven't gotten it, you own it to yourself to get it and experience the wonderful world BGS has created.
  69. Jan 20, 2012
    Brilliant story, graphics, music and voice acting all come together to make Skyrim one of the best games you will play in a long time, maybe the best you have and will EVER play.
    Even-though the story is great, the gameplay can get just a little repetitive and there can be some very occasional lagging problems although, this does not spoil the overall experience. A must buy for ANY gamer.
  70. Dec 1, 2011
    Absolutely fantastic game, game of the year stuff , of course is not a 10 game because is not perfect, nevertheless this is a must buy game for RPG and medieval fantasy lovers, graphics are beautiful, new combat animations are very cool, environment is outstanding, huge map and tons of gameplay hours. The only complain I've so far is the AI being sometimes stupid and of course the bugs IAbsolutely fantastic game, game of the year stuff , of course is not a 10 game because is not perfect, nevertheless this is a must buy game for RPG and medieval fantasy lovers, graphics are beautiful, new combat animations are very cool, environment is outstanding, huge map and tons of gameplay hours. The only complain I've so far is the AI being sometimes stupid and of course the bugs I just hope they patch them but I understand is not easy to release such a HUGE game without any mistake. Best 2011 game. Expand
  71. Nov 28, 2011
    out of this world its simply amazing so much to do places to go and people to talk to 100 hours plus with out any problem and dragons big flying fire breathing monsters what else do you want oh grate story's every were
  72. Nov 28, 2011
    Not really a fan of Bethesda games, but I must say this game is a must have for all. From the breathtaking scenery to the hilarious glitches that somehow manage to improve your gaming experience (such as the epic troll launch into space, but few not so much). there are however obvious problems with loading time and frame rate, but lets just say its because you can't rush perfection.
  73. Dec 6, 2011
    Skyrim is not without its problems, but most can be overlooked on how immersive and deep this game can be. RPG fan or not, this is definitely a game that every gamer has to experience.
  74. Dec 29, 2011
    If you haven't bought it yet, just do it. This game is absolutely phenomenal. The only problem I had with the game was the pacing. An early part of the main quest asks for you to travel up a mountain to speak to some wizards. There is a frost troll that will 2 shot you at the level the quest is given to you. Immediately after, you are sent to some catacombs with very low level monsters.If you haven't bought it yet, just do it. This game is absolutely phenomenal. The only problem I had with the game was the pacing. An early part of the main quest asks for you to travel up a mountain to speak to some wizards. There is a frost troll that will 2 shot you at the level the quest is given to you. Immediately after, you are sent to some catacombs with very low level monsters. This sort of inconsistency happens frequently. However, this gives you the opportunity to do quests for the various guilds and level up through these side quests. Even if you only complete the quests for one guild, difficulty spikes will not be nearly as obvious. As a result, i would give the game a perfect score, as everything is expertly crafted, and the difficulty of the start of the game nudges you towards even more content. I think this game deserves game of the year, and I think it is well worth the $60 to buy it. Expand
  75. Apr 15, 2012
    The best game ever. Probably.
  76. Feb 3, 2012
    This game is a classic. This game never ends which gives me more time to play and enjoy it. Dont buy MW3 Or SCV. This game will pass the time and u will love it. It takes 3000 hours to complete everything which will prob take 12-20 months or even more so ull enjoy it alot. It is worth $60.00
  77. Dec 29, 2011
    Rented this game at redbox, not sure whether I would like it. Within hours I was hooked. I went out and bought it the next day. The graphics are superb, the story line amazing. Game of the year in my opinion. Worth every cent.
  78. Feb 6, 2012
    You Can turn into a werewolf and fight Dragons this is a very good game...buy it....now, WEREWOLF FIGHTING DRAGONS PEOPLE!!! Go to a gamestop and buy it already.
  79. Jan 3, 2012
    This game is awesome. There. I said it. Honestly, the levelling system in Oblivion drove me insane. I became so obsessed with levelling my character in the most optimal fashion the game became a chore. Skyrim removed the attributes and made the levelling simpler, which I suppose can be a good or bad thing, depending on how you look at it. It is dumbing it down. Also, its obviously madeThis game is awesome. There. I said it. Honestly, the levelling system in Oblivion drove me insane. I became so obsessed with levelling my character in the most optimal fashion the game became a chore. Skyrim removed the attributes and made the levelling simpler, which I suppose can be a good or bad thing, depending on how you look at it. It is dumbing it down. Also, its obviously made with console in mind. The UI is very console-y, but this is an elder scrolls game, there will be plenty of mods if there aren't already. Expand
  80. MW3
    Jan 19, 2012
    i want to buy thi s game it looks awesome but this isnt what im here for .. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE STOP ONLINE PIRACY ACT PASSED (SOPA) ?????? bcause if it did say goodbye to youtube facebook google wikipedia and other cool websites idk if xbox live and PSN will be affected.
  81. Jan 28, 2012
    I agree with many people on here, this is the best game I have ever played. I have sunk almost a 100 hours into the game and I still have not been to every location. The games graphics are beautiful, the game play is outstanding, the storyline for all the quests is captivating. And the achievements while not being to challenging give you plenty to do. This is in my opinion the best game ofI agree with many people on here, this is the best game I have ever played. I have sunk almost a 100 hours into the game and I still have not been to every location. The games graphics are beautiful, the game play is outstanding, the storyline for all the quests is captivating. And the achievements while not being to challenging give you plenty to do. This is in my opinion the best game of the year easily and one of the best games I have ever played. Expand
  82. Feb 5, 2012
    Elder Scrolls V Skyrim is easily the best single player experience of the year. Instead of being confined to one class, your able to try everything before you find something that suits your play style. Skyrim even throws you in the middle of a civil war allowing you to pick either side or even stay neutral and take on the dragon threat. The only things that prevents this game getting aElder Scrolls V Skyrim is easily the best single player experience of the year. Instead of being confined to one class, your able to try everything before you find something that suits your play style. Skyrim even throws you in the middle of a civil war allowing you to pick either side or even stay neutral and take on the dragon threat. The only things that prevents this game getting a perfect ten was the huge amount of bugs the game had, it was easily one of the glitchiest games of the year. Expand
  83. Jan 30, 2012
    Too many dungeons and random dragon in counters, if not for that this game would be perfect xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  84. Feb 5, 2012
    This game is definitely GOTY for me. There is so much to do in Skyrim. There is a main quest, four major factions (Companions, College of Winterhold, Thieves Guild, and Dark Brotherhood), a civil war in which you can take sides in and take forts, some minor factions (Blades, Greybeards, etc.), numerous side quests, and tons of misc quests. What is so amazing is so much of these 100s ofThis game is definitely GOTY for me. There is so much to do in Skyrim. There is a main quest, four major factions (Companions, College of Winterhold, Thieves Guild, and Dark Brotherhood), a civil war in which you can take sides in and take forts, some minor factions (Blades, Greybeards, etc.), numerous side quests, and tons of misc quests. What is so amazing is so much of these 100s of hours you'll be paying the game are so enjoyable. Technically, the game is fantastic as well. The game crashed on me two times and I ran into only a couple glitches (amazingly) during my 200+ hour play though. I am planning on playing it again and again. In short, it's a fantastic game that anyone with a console or PC should get their hands on. Preferably PC for the mods :) Expand
  85. Feb 6, 2012
    Finally completed all the main story-lines, daedra quests, factions and the majority of side-quests etc. Overall a true masterpiece of a game, in my opinion greatly improved on Oblivion which was an amazing game. Bethesda did very well here and hopefully they will release some form of DLC to improve a almost perfect game.
  86. Feb 6, 2012
    This game is one of the best games of all time, of al time. I don't normally play RPGs in fact i didn't like fallout 3 but this is amazing go buy it now.
  87. Feb 17, 2012
    gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooodd lol
  88. Apr 15, 2012
    Without a doubt the best game ever made . It stand s out from the rest in a crowded market (and its even better on PC).Buy it and you wont be disappointed.
  89. Apr 2, 2012
    Amazing game one of the best RPGs I have played in a really long time a lot better then Oblivion and on par with Morrowind and I don't know if its better then Arena or Daggerfall but an overall enjoyable game
  90. Jul 30, 2012
    this game is good love it it first bought it i was like oh my god fuking cool i did not stop playing the few bugs in it that kinda sucked but loved it
  91. Jul 17, 2012
    The open world in Skyrim is amazing, and so is the complexity of many other minor characters. There are so many directions you can go in developing your character, and Skyrim allows you to be a character who is good, bad, or somewhere in between. All three options have benefits. The load time on this was incredibly, INCREDIBLY slow, frequently a minute or more from just passing through aThe open world in Skyrim is amazing, and so is the complexity of many other minor characters. There are so many directions you can go in developing your character, and Skyrim allows you to be a character who is good, bad, or somewhere in between. All three options have benefits. The load time on this was incredibly, INCREDIBLY slow, frequently a minute or more from just passing through a door. Also, in my one run through the game (which is probably 60 or 70 hours of gameplay) I was stopped temporarily because of a glitch that I had to find a solution for online. Barring these limitations of the game, this is a phenomenal roleplaying game, and I would recommend it to anyone. Expand
  92. May 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Featuring the same kind of thrilling freedom of choice The Elder Scrolls series is known for along with beautiful visuals and a stirring soundtrack, playing Skyrim is a rare kind of intensely personal, deeply rewarding experience, and one of the best role-playing games yet produced. Expand
  93. Jun 5, 2013
    The game is beautiful. The art design, the world-it is all beautiful. And huge. And immersive. The world feels lived in. You ran across a small village in the middle of nowhere and you talk to a woodcutter and he tells you about his life and his terrible wife. You talk to his wife and she'll go on about her good for nothing husband. I found myself wanting to know more about the lives ofThe game is beautiful. The art design, the world-it is all beautiful. And huge. And immersive. The world feels lived in. You ran across a small village in the middle of nowhere and you talk to a woodcutter and he tells you about his life and his terrible wife. You talk to his wife and she'll go on about her good for nothing husband. I found myself wanting to know more about the lives of these insignificant people in the game. These are people who have no role in any storyline through the games many many storylines. But they are there and they have a story to tell. It does so much to make the game feel like a real place.

Now, for the one reason this game doesn't get a 10/10 in my opinion. No memorable characters. Yes, there are plenty characters and they feel like real people in this world but there are no characters that you really care about. That is the one way this game could have been the best gaming experience I've ever had. But unfortunately no. That being said though I played this game for over 60 hours. It is worth getting and obsessing over.
  94. Sep 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Empire of Tamriel is on the edge. The High King of Skyrim has been murdered. Alliances form as claims to the throne are made. In the midst of this conflict, a far more dangerous, ancient evil is awakened. Dragons, long lost to the passages of the Elder Scrolls, have returned to Tamriel. The future of Skyrim, even the Empire itself, hangs in the balance as they wait for the prophesized Dragonborn to come; a hero born with the power of The Voice, and the only one who can stand amongst the dragons. Expand
  95. Dec 1, 2013
    If this game isn't a perfect 10, then I don't know what is.
    By far the best game I have ever experienced.
    The large open world is endless, the number of side quests are endless and the enjoyment is endless! The story-lines (yes, many more than one) are unbelievable and draw hundreds of hours of your free time. A definite buy, and if you decide to buy any other game than trust me, it's
    If this game isn't a perfect 10, then I don't know what is.
    By far the best game I have ever experienced.
    A definite buy, and if you decide to buy any other game than trust me, it's a waste of your money.
  96. Dec 24, 2013
    There's simply no other fantasy game that comes close to being as engaging, fun and jaw droppingly deep as Skyrim.

While I'm actually hugely disappointed with the entire dragon mechanic, meaning the fights are not exciting at all and there's nothing different about them compared to fighting any other hostile creature. Closing the oblivion gates was far more exciting. Having said that

Having said that most of the best quests are to be found off the beaten path and away from the story mode and to that end, one of the finest fantasy RPGs ever made.
  97. Dec 28, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece. It's not perfect since there are a few technical problems like glitches and crashes. The melee combat is also nothing more than decent and third person combat is awful. There is also some grinding for gear in this game and the main story is a let down, specifically the last few parts of it. Despite all of this, this game is one of the best this consoleThis game is a masterpiece. It's not perfect since there are a few technical problems like glitches and crashes. The melee combat is also nothing more than decent and third person combat is awful. There is also some grinding for gear in this game and the main story is a let down, specifically the last few parts of it. Despite all of this, this game is one of the best this console generation has to offer.

This game's art direction is drop dead gorgeous and the world is so well developed and jaw dropping that it sucks you in from the beginning. This game is very immersive and full of fun missions, locales and characters. This game has some of the most odd and interesting characters, deep lore, tons of beautiful and deep caves and locales to explore. It has a wide variety of fun enemies to fight including dragons and trolls. Some of the side quests, the thieves guild quest and dark brotherhood quest are all extremely fun with great stories and make up for the main story. The magic combat and bow and arrow combat are fun make up for the lackluster melee combat. This game is not a great RPG since there are really no choices to make that have significantly different outcomes and the rpg elements are more streamlined but this isn't so bad since it opens up the genre to more people. Despite being an average rpg, skyrim is an epic and wonderful action/adventure experience that every gamer should go through.

Its is a testament to open world games since not only is it's world huge, but it is also full of excellent and fun content. This game is so many cities, towns, dungeons and other excellent locales to visit and play in that it can be overwhelming sometimes. It's terrain ranges from snowy mountains to large cites and deep caves. It should last you over a 100 hours of very high quality entertainment.
  98. Dec 28, 2013
    Truly one of the greatest video games of all times. Skyrim is complete with an epic story line, terrifying monsters and enemies, incredible visuals and an overall fantastic experience, making it a timeless masterpiece.
  99. Jan 27, 2014
    Skyrim is a masterpiece of gaming, it is on such a scale than is truly awe inspiring. Since it's such a large game I'm going to break it down into each aspect of it, starting with the technical aspects. The game has pretty great graphics, but the draw distance isn't great, and some textures leave a lot to be desired. But on the whole it is very graphically impressive, I'd even say someSkyrim is a masterpiece of gaming, it is on such a scale than is truly awe inspiring. Since it's such a large game I'm going to break it down into each aspect of it, starting with the technical aspects. The game has pretty great graphics, but the draw distance isn't great, and some textures leave a lot to be desired. But on the whole it is very graphically impressive, I'd even say some parts are spectacular. The game runs smoothly and rarely has frame-rate issues, but there are long loading times and they are very frequent, which isn't a huge deal but it does break up the fun and make it a little tedious. The interface and HUD are okay, the HUD is nice and minimal, showing off the beautiful game world, but the menus could you some refinement. The world design is one of the games strongest aspect, there are nine holds and they are on a grand scale and are well fleshed out. You have forests and snowy mountains and frozen swamps, there is a great diversity in the world design. On a smaller scale the level design is less fleshed out, interiors are nicely done and have a good atmosphere, but dungeons are crypts while creepy at first, get repetitive. Onto gameplay now; for Bethesda games, the gameplay has always been on the back-burner. The combat system leaves much to be desired, though it is more varied than the older Elder Scrolls games, it is still boring and stiff. There are no strong or quick attacks, no parry's or dodges or rolls, there is blocking and power attacks, but honestly the close combat leaves alot to be desired. If you mix this with ranged attacks it feels less repetitive. The range attacks and weapons don'f fair much better, the bows are nice, but the system doesn't have any substance, it has no meat. The same thing with the spells, they are better varied but feel old and stale after a while. While the skill trees add cool things to it, the combat system feels floaty and weightless, certainly not a strong point, but passable. Onto the storyline, the storyline is made strong not by being clever or original, but by having so many aspects and things going on that it feels like a real world. The main storyline was disappointing to me, it was okay length, but I just wasn't blown away at all. The civil war storyline is good and I like the premise, but my main complaint with the civil war is that it never feels like there's a war going on. There's never any battles or any evidence of the fighting, this could have been developed much better. The faction quests, are like the main story, just disappointing, not much to say about it at all, just could have been better. It may have sounded like I hated the game, but I only really pointed out the negative, the positives far out-way the the negatives, and this is a great game which is a must-buy. Expand
  100. Apr 12, 2014
    You know,all the time i've searched for great games,they only come up with good or bad games
    but this game manages to heal that wound and make you feel more fun
    This game is like the best RPG Game Ever
    I did not actually enjoy morrowind that much but this is amazing!! i love it like this it has a great replayability
    Just Get This Game Already

1. Feb 6, 2012
    This epic role-playing game might be Bethesda's best game yet, and offers an unique and spectacular world filled with fun. The freedom ensures a great experience for both the casual and hardcore gamer, as you're free to play the game how you like.
  2. Dec 16, 2011
    Skyrim is the largest, and most compelling work that I've had the opportunity to play this year. It's engaging, engrossing, and will take over your gaming life for many months to come. Not only is Skyrim among the best that 2011 has to offer, but for me, this is, without hesitation, the Game of the Year.
  3. Dec 16, 2011