8.4

1. Nov 27, 2011
    Well, I'm enjoying it but shocked at the low resolution, it really looks dated and detracts from the emersion. After Oblivion I was expecting a step up on the graphics but its pretty similar. Should have waited for Borderlands two, the original has far better textuals than this venture.
  2. Nov 13, 2011
    Take Oblivion, make it way more pretty, improve the writing/sound/voice-acting, speed up menus and reduce chugginess, make combat more fun, and better the already amazing AI at the cost of some hotkey options and you have Skyrim.
  3. Nov 27, 2011
    Skyrim isn't a perfect game by any means, but it is one of the best role playing games ever created, and definitely the most detailed and graphically impressive. The main storyline is intriguing, but it is the typical hero with a destiny to save the land type of scheme, but what it lacks in originality it makes up in voice acting and pacing. What's more impressive about Skyrim is theSkyrim isn't a perfect game by any means, but it is one of the best role playing games ever created, and definitely the most detailed and graphically impressive. The main storyline is intriguing, but it is the typical hero with a destiny to save the land type of scheme, but what it lacks in originality it makes up in voice acting and pacing. What's more impressive about Skyrim is the plethora of quality side quests. This is the first RPG I've played where the side quests don't seem like a complete chore and are actually worth doing. The combat has been vamped up from Oblivion, and exploration is rewarded tremendously. If you're a fan of RPGs, then this game is a must-buy; if you're looking to kill massive amounts of time at once and lose the next five weekends, then it is also a must-buy. Even if you did not like Oblivion, like myself, this game is a good choice. However, if you despise fantasy or dislike RPGs, Skyrim likely won't change your mind, although the leveling system makes a ton of sense since you get better at what you love doing.
    Undoubtedly one of the best games this generation.
  4. Nov 15, 2011
    I've been a gamer for over 20 years and this is easily the best RPG I've ever played (and I've played lots). The amount of work Bethesda has put in to create the world of Skyrim is mind boggling. When you find yourself spending the best part of an hour reading books IN THE GAME you know its something special.

I could write 10,000 words on why this game is the best of year, and arguably

I could write 10,000 words on why this game is the best of year, and arguably of this generation, but my time is better spent adventuring in Skyrim.
  5. Nov 11, 2011
    For the history books, Skyrim should stand as the unchallenged high water mark of this console generations' RPG genre. Today's RPG aficionados will not see a more in-depth and beautiful product until a whole new generation of gaming hardware comes along. All gamers, RPG inclined or not, should seize the moment by diving into Skyrim head first; it is Bethesda's most approachable andFor the history books, Skyrim should stand as the unchallenged high water mark of this console generations' RPG genre. Today's RPG aficionados will not see a more in-depth and beautiful product until a whole new generation of gaming hardware comes along. All gamers, RPG inclined or not, should seize the moment by diving into Skyrim head first; it is Bethesda's most approachable and enjoyable creation to date. Expand
  6. Dec 19, 2011
    EASILY one of the best game to have ever come out in the past DECADE. Skyrim is a masterpiece of the video game and sets a new standard for future RPG or Action/Adventure games to come. Everything has been improved from the previous titles and this game has so much things in it it can be quite a challenge to know which quest you should do first. The combat is excellent, the magic isEASILY one of the best game to have ever come out in the past DECADE. Skyrim is a masterpiece of the video game and sets a new standard for future RPG or Action/Adventure games to come. Everything has been improved from the previous titles and this game has so much things in it it can be quite a challenge to know which quest you should do first. The combat is excellent, the magic is excellent, nearly everything in the game is great especially the music, oh the music so EPIC. The only thing that isn't great is the Voice-over, its better than oblivion and morrowind but not as good as Dragon Age Origins and the Mass Effect series.
    THIS GAME IS A MUST BUY OR YOU'LL BE MISSING OUT ON SO MUCH THINGS!
  7. Nov 16, 2011
    A véleményem elsÅ
  8. Nov 20, 2011
    This game has endless content, gorgeous graphics, unscripted dragons, over a hundred spells, dual wielding, a giant map that extends forever, live characters, people that react to every last thing you do. (Ex I had fire spell in my hand, little girl says it's bad to play with fire mister, or I had a dragon sword in my hand, little boy said I like you're sword sir. or I drop stuff in theThis game has endless content, gorgeous graphics, unscripted dragons, over a hundred spells, dual wielding, a giant map that extends forever, live characters, people that react to every last thing you do. (Ex I had fire spell in my hand, little girl says it's bad to play with fire mister, or I had a dragon sword in my hand, little boy said I like you're sword sir. or I drop stuff in the streets and people fight over it, trying to take it)

Endless quests, epic weapons, amazing music, many places to live, get married, tons of factions, kill animations, crafting, alchemy, enchanting, smelting, mining, wood chopping, tanning, smelting, sharpening, the world is so beyond alive it's crazy. Everything is so amazing, it's the most beautiful hand crafted world I have ever seen. Skyrim is nothing short of a master piece, and Bethesda earns every amount of praise they get. Game of the year, best game of all time.
  9. Dec 6, 2011
    Since Metacritic user reviews are good for short one, So let's point out a little bit of bad things on the game. The USER INTERFACE is horrible compared to Morrowind or even Oblivion. I can see how simple it is, but when we're using our armors, we can't see the real preview of the character unless if we go to the Third Person. The BUGS AND GLITCHES that still remains until now. I got thisSince Metacritic user reviews are good for short one, So let's point out a little bit of bad things on the game. The USER INTERFACE is horrible compared to Morrowind or even Oblivion. I can see how simple it is, but when we're using our armors, we can't see the real preview of the character unless if we go to the Third Person. The BUGS AND GLITCHES that still remains until now. I got this 3 times when I wait or "rest" somewhere, then the texture goes ugly and I can go through walls. It only happens when you play over 7 hours nonstop with an old Xbox. Mine is an old one so it's bad. One more, the PUZZLES. It makes the exploration on caves a lot more linear and boring. Though they are creative, it's annoying. Other than that, all of the things on this game are AMAZING. I recommend buying this game. Though Morrowind and the Expansion Packs are better and more challenging than this game. Expand
  10. Nov 21, 2011
    The new standard in how to make a role-playing game is here. For fans of RPG's, big adventures, or just great games, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is sure to please. Offering up more game than one knows what to do with, Skyrim boasts what may be the largest and most detailed world to date. Everything about the game is perfect or near perfect. From the winding story that takes very cleverThe new standard in how to make a role-playing game is here. For fans of RPG's, big adventures, or just great games, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is sure to please. Offering up more game than one knows what to do with, Skyrim boasts what may be the largest and most detailed world to date. Everything about the game is perfect or near perfect. From the winding story that takes very clever twists and turns, to the up to date and beautiful visuals and audio, the redone combat and inventory system, and a world so brass and fun its easy to get lost in for days if not weeks. Alas we come to the one uhh ohh in the game. The glitches. The same problem that has plagued various other Bethesda games are still here although I'm finding much less than say Fallout 3 had, nothing gamebreaking or going to drop this game down to a 9, but just minor glitches and hickupps. Overall if your looking for a new single player game to spoil your time with, The Elder Scrolls has returned and everything about this new entry is bound to please. Expand
  11. Nov 22, 2011
    Overall, This game is one of the most content packed, breathtaking, and superb games i have ever played. This game is much more improved and better than Oblivion, and I thought Oblivion was one of the best games ever released. The story mode, game world, and combat system is amazing, and it is obvious that the guys over at Bethesda have really put their time and effort into this. TheyOverall, This game is one of the most content packed, breathtaking, and superb games i have ever played. This game is much more improved and better than Oblivion, and I thought Oblivion was one of the best games ever released. The story mode, game world, and combat system is amazing, and it is obvious that the guys over at Bethesda have really put their time and effort into this. They don't care about money when it comes to the Elder Scrolls series, they care about the quality of the game, and how people think of it, and I really praise them for that. You will be playing this game for a countless number of hours, and it will always be exciting when you find a new cave, a new dungeon, or a new word wall. If you don't mind taking at least a couple of hundred hours out of your life, you will find that Skyrim will be one of the most amazing games you will ever play. Expand
  12. Nov 19, 2011
    a incredible achievement for video games. The most value you will ever get out of a 60$ video game, you will play this game for 100+ hours. I have played Elder Scrolls since Morrowind and have loved them all, but Skyrim is on a different level. The world is so engaging, I've sat down planning to play for an hour to end up playing for 5 hours. Everyone should try this game to see howa incredible achievement for video games. The most value you will ever get out of a 60$ video game, you will play this game for 100+ hours. I have played Elder Scrolls since Morrowind and have loved them all, but Skyrim is on a different level. The world is so engaging, I've sat down planning to play for an hour to end up playing for 5 hours. Everyone should try this game to see how good video games can be. Expand
  13. Jan 4, 2012
    One of the greatest RPG games EVER!! I mean, a game with 300 hours of duration, an epic story line, good graphics and a solid game play? You must have it!!! That's all!
  14. Mar 5, 2012
    I was really pumped about this game coming out, but when I started, I was really upset when I found out you start out as a prison, which is the same as on Oblivion, and I was completely devastated when I saw the crappy textures and graphics on the terrain features. I think they did pretty well with the character models. I was also devastated when I saw they still had the same generic NPCs,I was really pumped about this game coming out, but when I started, I was really upset when I found out you start out as a prison, which is the same as on Oblivion, and I was completely devastated when I saw the crappy textures and graphics on the terrain features. I think they did pretty well with the character models. I was also devastated when I saw they still had the same generic NPCs, same generic voices, same generic clothes, same generic actions, etc. with every NPC. They're just like wind up dolls. You wind them up, and they do the same thing over and over and over/ There's nothing to distinguish them by, and their priorities are horrible. "Who stole my sweetroll?" is higher on their conversation list than the fact that the Bane of Kings Alduin has come back to Skyrim to start the end of the world. They care about the civil war more than that. I also like how none of the guards have names, al look the same, all have the same lines, and all have the exact same voice. They're even dumber on this one too. I saw a dragon fly through a town and use fire breath to kill a guard. It flew off, and all the NPCs said things like "Must've been my imagination." and went back to their daily lives. Plus, they still have the inability to process large amounts of NPC AI at once. They also removed a lot of customization. I was OK with the way they redesigned spell casting and magic in general, but I was annoyed that they removed the open lock spells from alteration, the spell reflection, and probably a few other things I'm forgetting. I was OK with the fact they removed armor and weapon degradation and health, but I was also annoyed about the fact that they removed spell creation. I really wished they would have done more with this game, because it had a massive amount of hype and potential, but Bethesda was really lacking when it came to adding more to the game. There were absolutely no epic battles, and I was never challenged. The leveling up was dull and meaningless, along with useless perks. Sure, I liked getting perks that increased damage, but a lot of them were just dumb. I bought a house in Solitude, bought all the upgrades, and there were still cobwebs everywhere, and an empty, unused room, along with almost no customization options. I beat Alduin in a bland ending battle. It was just the same as the other dragons. It went like this: Alduin flies up, uses a shout, I use dragonwrend, he lands, we mug him slightly, he flies again, then repeat, and repeat over and over again. I found no epic magical artifacts or anything, plus I could smith and enchant my own armor to make it better than anything I could ever find in the game. Bethesda should have taken all the enthusiasm and hype their fans gave them and made a truly epic game. I am really disappointed. Expand
  15. Jan 12, 2012
    Quite simply, Skyrim ousts Oblivion as the greatest game of all time.

If you've ever liked FPS or 3rd person games, casting spells, swinging swords, chopping with a mighty axe, open world games, rpg's or mighty dragons then you'll absolutely love Skyrim. Im 100 hours into Skyrim so far and have barely scratched the surface of what's possible. There are a few glitches which will no doubt
    Quite simply, Skyrim ousts Oblivion as the greatest game of all time.

There are a few glitches which will no doubt be fixed in future updates however none of them serious enough to really spoil your experience.

In addition to the main quest involving dragons, kings and vacant thrones you'll spend months completing other questlines as a thief, mage, warrior, assassin, or all of those. Then will you be a rebel or imperial? Not to mention the hundreds of other random quests you can do.

Then there's the exploration side of things, i doubt i will ever get to visit EVERY place, even now I have uncovered 150+ locations and the map still looks bare.

With regular DLC to follow, as Bethesda did with Fallout, then there will be even MORE to do this year!

The only downside to the game is that in a years time I'll be wanting Elder Scrolls 6, and I don't want to wait another 5 years for it ..... :(

This game ended my COD addition, MW3 has been gathering dust for 4 weeks. And I like COD. A lot.

If you like computer games and have a 360, buy Skyrim.
  16. Nov 14, 2011
    The best game I've ever played, it's amazing, the story is one of the best TES, the gameplay improved from oblivion and the graphics are extremely great for a open world RPG game.
    I was waiting for this game since 2006 (TES IV) and now that it's really here, I can say that my expectations were exceeded . GOTY 2011 for sure
  17. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is like a mixture of the detailed graphics and sprawling environments of Red Dead Redemption, the fantasy story line and RPG elements of Dragon Age: Origins and the gameplay mechanics and functions of Fallout 3. By far, one of the best games I have ever played. Unlimited content and incredible gameplay, matched with the astonishing graphics and fascinating story line, make forThis game is like a mixture of the detailed graphics and sprawling environments of Red Dead Redemption, the fantasy story line and RPG elements of Dragon Age: Origins and the gameplay mechanics and functions of Fallout 3. By far, one of the best games I have ever played. Unlimited content and incredible gameplay, matched with the astonishing graphics and fascinating story line, make for one of the best games of all time. Expand
  18. Nov 12, 2011
    Love love LOVE this game. Its just so good. I read a comment saying it just fallout with swords and dragons.
    Yea with a handcrafted world to explore not just a desert. What can i say? In MY OPINION.
    Better than MORROWIND and OBLIVION. If you love free roaming games and like exploring vast lands.
    GET THIS GAME. No better yet if you have a 360,PC or a PS3 GET THIS GAME.
  19. Nov 12, 2011
    This game is absolutely stunning, surpassing even my high expectations. yes there are bugs and glitches but what everyone seems to forget is the CAN BE PATCHED. Nothing game breaking for me so far and I'm sure there never will be anything that could break this game for me. The soundtrack is amazing, atmospheric, epic when it needs to be but peaceful as well. The AI is a huge step up fromThis game is absolutely stunning, surpassing even my high expectations. yes there are bugs and glitches but what everyone seems to forget is the CAN BE PATCHED. Nothing game breaking for me so far and I'm sure there never will be anything that could break this game for me. The soundtrack is amazing, atmospheric, epic when it needs to be but peaceful as well. The AI is a huge step up from Oblivion and really makes you feel like you are part of a living breathing world. On the subject of the world, it really is beautiful and varied, each city has it's own feeling, from the seedy town of Ritfen to the hilltop city of Whiterun, unlike the bland environments of Oblivion, there is always something happening, if you want to go hunting for leather to make armor and meat to cook, you can and it wont be a waste of time. If you walk up a road for 10 minutes you will no doubt have many encounters, from imperial soldiers taking a stomcloak prisoner to his execution, to an assassin trying to kill you or even a traveling bard looking to write a song about the civil war.

The combat in this game is a big overhaul from oblivion and it now feels like the weapons you wield were made to do some damage, not just swing at a creature until the game decides its health is depleted and its dead. Furthermore unlike Oblivion where enemies would level up with you they now have a set level, if you are level 20 and you see a bandit, they will be wearing low class armor and will die in 1 hit from your mighty (insert weapon/spell here). If you try to take on a giant at level 2 then...well there are plenty of videos on youtube to show the consequences but its a bit one sided.

There is so much to do in Skyrim that I cant see anyone getting bored of it anytime soon. There has already been plenty of those moments where I look across a landscape or at a town community and think...wow, this was well worth the wait.

If you have never played an Elder Scrolls game before, or even an RPG, this is a perfect opportunity to start. If you have and are on the verge of buying it, get off the verge, into the game shop and buy it, you will NOT be disappointed. (NOTE, on 360 do not currently install it to your hard drive (as of 11.11.11) because currently if you do so the game will have low res textures, if this really doesn't bother you then go ahead but I would personally wait for a patch).
  20. Nov 29, 2011
    Ralph Waldo Emerson once wrote: "Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything that is beautiful" and, with that in mind, I would certainly recommend playing Skyrim which is beautiful right down to the butterflies. The game world is fantastic and vast - after around 40 hours of playing and I am yet to visit large areas of it - and the landscape varies wildly from arctic tundra to verdantRalph Waldo Emerson once wrote: "Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything that is beautiful" and, with that in mind, I would certainly recommend playing Skyrim which is beautiful right down to the butterflies. The game world is fantastic and vast - after around 40 hours of playing and I am yet to visit large areas of it - and the landscape varies wildly from arctic tundra to verdant grassland to mountain passes to rushing, rapid filled rivers. The graphics are fantastic and not only does the world look great but so do the NPCs and the items. There is even an option to rotate and zoom in on items and when doing that you really can see how lavishly detailed some of them really are. Some negative reviewers have claimed that the graphics have not advanced from Oblivion but as someone who got into The Elder Scrolls Games late and therefore only finished Oblivion three days before Skyrim was released I can tell you that the two are worlds apart in terms of graphics. Similarly the storyline for Skyrim is solid. While I would say that the storyline is not as good as Oblivion's (it has a high bar to beat, lets be honest) that is not to say it is bad as it is filled with depth, drama and characters which make you care what happens next. Even the books dotted around the landscape and city book shelves are amazingly well written and add depth, quests and some of the short stories even have plot twists of which Phillip K Dick would have been proud. Combat has been vastly improved from Oblivion firstly it is easier to play as an archer or mage in Skyrim as Oblivion did not make it easy to be either primarily. Similarly the actual fights are more fun in Skyrim as in Oblivion you'd slash at a goblin and, after its life ran out, it would slump peacefully to the floor as if it had fallen asleep. Instead in Skyrim enemies can be thrown backwards by a strong slash, beheaded or run through with your sword. The whole "shout" system also adds a new dimension to experiment with in combat. However, to me, the most important improvement is that every dungeon is unique which always makes it interesting to explore unlike in Oblivion where seeing the same rooms in a different order each time you visited a new dungeon got boring really fast. Other reviewers have mentioned glitches and I feel i should address that next. I think I am one of the lucky souls who has not encountered a single problem with this game and neither a graphical glitch nor a quest breaking bug has occurred for me. However, I think that some of the people with the problems are PC users who are mistakenly commenting on the xbox360 version's page rather than the PC version's page as they tend to mention their glitch experience in the same breath as mentioning that they have "an awesome rig". While swords, sorcery and dragons may not be everyone's cup of tea I did recently introduce a friend to the game who had previously, rather immaturely, referred to anything in the fantasy genre as "gay" and has now logged 86 hours of gameplay so it seems to be a good crossover game. In conclusion there I can find little to fault Skyrim for while having nothing but admiration for the designers of this game. From me it gets a well deserved 10/10. Expand
  21. Dec 12, 2011
    Amazing game! Defiantly buy this game, one of the best games I've ever played! If you like oblivion or the other games, you'll LOVE this game. This is a truly amazing rpg.
  22. Nov 23, 2011
    There is no way to describe this game other than it is the best I have ever played. It is on a level of its own, with no equal. Not once has any of its glitches detracted from my experience. That said, the negative reviews are made only by butt-sore fanboys, multiplayer-dependent pseudo-socialites, pretentious snobs who think any game released since 2000 is garbage, or people who haveThere is no way to describe this game other than it is the best I have ever played. It is on a level of its own, with no equal. Not once has any of its glitches detracted from my experience. That said, the negative reviews are made only by butt-sore fanboys, multiplayer-dependent pseudo-socialites, pretentious snobs who think any game released since 2000 is garbage, or people who have no clue about how the world or bad computers work (hint: they don't). Just remember, basement-dwelling 'Holier-Than-Thou's: With great frozen pizza, comes great oven. Expand
  23. Nov 15, 2011
    Finally a game lives up to its own hype. Take a bow Bethesda for creating one of the most enjoyable & most immersive games i have ever played! This game also represents serious value for money for the amount of playtime you can get out of it. GOTY without a doubt. Those 'other' games i bought recently aren't getting a look in!
  24. Nov 17, 2011
    Lets just say this is a definet upgrade from Oblivion. Graphics are way better, offers more goodies than before like creating and upgrading armor, and just overall addicting. This right here will be most likely game of the year ladies and gentlemen.
  25. Nov 12, 2011
    The best game I have bought ever since getting my Xbox. The world looks amazing and is so full of content you can spend hours without going very far from your starting point. All the problems I had with oblivion like the way the npcs looked and how the combat seemed repetitive have all been fixed and now the weapons seem to have weight and the npcs look great. Also I spent quite a longThe best game I have bought ever since getting my Xbox. The world looks amazing and is so full of content you can spend hours without going very far from your starting point. All the problems I had with oblivion like the way the npcs looked and how the combat seemed repetitive have all been fixed and now the weapons seem to have weight and the npcs look great. Also I spent quite a long time on it yesterday and didn't experience a single glitch on the Xbox version. Bethesda have done a really great job 10/10 and should definitely be game of the year. :) Expand
  26. Dec 16, 2011
    Boring. And old news. I honestly feel like I'm playing oblivion with a graphics update, and DLC. In terms of looks, the game looks pretty good, not the best I've seen though. Bethesda has this bad problem with ground textures overlapping each other and I see that quite a bit in skyrim. Secondly, the voice acting is done really well, but there are only about 5 voice actors from what I canBoring. And old news. I honestly feel like I'm playing oblivion with a graphics update, and DLC. In terms of looks, the game looks pretty good, not the best I've seen though. Bethesda has this bad problem with ground textures overlapping each other and I see that quite a bit in skyrim. Secondly, the voice acting is done really well, but there are only about 5 voice actors from what I can hear. The quests get boring and repetitive and you level up far too quickly. The perks system though, is perfect. The 3 person fighting looks amazing, especially compared to oblivion and morrowind. The combat system is by far the best RPG combat system I've played. You can do a full 360 sword spin and kill everyone around you, and the more you use your weapons, the better it feels to use them. Sprinting feels natural, and not some kind of awkward clunky movement like in MW2/3. The reason I give this game a 5/10, is because of the repetitiveness of the quests, and general story. And on top of that, every time I battle a dragon, it feels the same. He flies up, breathes fire/ice, lands, and repeat. NPC bugs everywhere, much like oblivion and morrowind. and of course, jumping is still clunky. Expand
  27. Nov 14, 2011
    There are some bugs, visual and audio. There are some weak story elements. This all pales in comparison to the fun I am having playing it. I find it much more engrossing than oblivion. My only wish is that they had licensed the 'rage' engine to render this awesome game, instead of falling back to a modified Fallout 3 engine.
  28. Nov 21, 2011
    get it. trust me. it absolutely destroyed my expectations, and made me feel stupid for having any doubts. get it now. have a large meal and say goodbye to your loved ones first though.

tip: if you are intimidated by having complete freedom of choice and no hand holding in a game - where you can really just walk around and do whatever the hell you want, then do not get this game. i know that sounds stupid, but the level of freedom and the sheer amount of detail and things to do overwhelm me, and I love this type of game.
  29. Nov 21, 2011
    I'm a bit surprised by the number of negative reviews. The game is impressive due to it's size alone. I've played about 50 hours and I feel like I've only scratched the surface of the game. This is of course a game in the line of Oblivion and Fallout so it has the same shortcomings (some bugged quests, some odd things happening, ...) but is doesn't take away that this is a great andI'm a bit surprised by the number of negative reviews. The game is impressive due to it's size alone. I've played about 50 hours and I feel like I've only scratched the surface of the game. This is of course a game in the line of Oblivion and Fallout so it has the same shortcomings (some bugged quests, some odd things happening, ...) but is doesn't take away that this is a great and involving game in a rich and credible world. Personal best RPG for 2011. Dark souls is also great but after a hard day of work I prefer a relaxing game. Expand
  30. Nov 23, 2011
    Honestly besides being rocketed to the moon every time a giant hits me and mild annoyance climbing mountains this games pretty great. Just be prepared to commit some time to it you'll be stuck with it for 30ish hours.
  31. Nov 14, 2011
    Took me a while to fall in love with this game, but I have. Beautiful graphics, very compelling storyline, huge open world to explore, and its fun! Some minor clipping issues and some conversations have a few glitches, but overall a solid piece of game. Exactly what I was looking for in an epic RPG!
  32. Nov 22, 2011
    All the way through, this game does not let you go one bit. The story is great, music and graphics are amazing, the setting is incredible (and as a Scandinavian, it feels really close to home). However, a few bugs and problems with the NPC interaction briefly scrapes the top layer off of a "Perfect Ten". Even so, this game is one of the best games I've played through my entire life and IAll the way through, this game does not let you go one bit. The story is great, music and graphics are amazing, the setting is incredible (and as a Scandinavian, it feels really close to home). However, a few bugs and problems with the NPC interaction briefly scrapes the top layer off of a "Perfect Ten". Even so, this game is one of the best games I've played through my entire life and I would recommend to anyone who has time on their hands, and isn't afraid to give up their grades. Fah zin ahrk moron, dovah kiir. For honor and glory, dragon children. Expand
  33. Nov 21, 2011
    It has happened,yes it has.This is the game we have all been waiting for ,for countless years.It's a game without a flaw ,a game that is fun and addictingly so to be lost in for many hours.A powerful powerhouse of a game.Wait,a game no,an experience yes a drug most certainly.An obsession that you think about all day at work to come home and experience some more.This is the first video gameIt has happened,yes it has.This is the game we have all been waiting for ,for countless years.It's a game without a flaw ,a game that is fun and addictingly so to be lost in for many hours.A powerful powerhouse of a game.Wait,a game no,an experience yes a drug most certainly.An obsession that you think about all day at work to come home and experience some more.This is the first video game that your mind can't differentiate between a drug and a game.That hasn't happened sense tetris came out in the 80's.A masterpiece of an obtuse game industry.This is not to be missed no matter what your game style,preference,system.Get a 360 or a PS3 and grab this game now.Play it,experience it,cherish it,dream about it make your story and live your alternate life it will most likely make you forget about this life! Expand
  34. Nov 19, 2011
    Wow what a game. Took a week off work to play this and feel like a month wouldn't have been enough. An amazing world in which i have completely lost myself. Bethesda have produced not only the game of the year, but in my opinion the best RPG ever made.
  35. Nov 24, 2011
    Picked up this game a week ago for the PS3. Graphics: Not very impressive, but my expectations weren't too great. The texture details in the environment are lacking, but character models and details on the weapons look pretty good. Also, distance in which you can see is pretty impressive. Story: I found myself actually interested in the story, even though there is very little emotionalPicked up this game a week ago for the PS3. Graphics: Not very impressive, but my expectations weren't too great. The texture details in the environment are lacking, but character models and details on the weapons look pretty good. Also, distance in which you can see is pretty impressive. Story: I found myself actually interested in the story, even though there is very little emotional connection to any characters. Gameplay: Battling feels right, and deflecting a blow with your shield is awesome, as is the "Fallout 3-like" final kill animations. So many things to do in this game. It is borderline overwhelming with all the stuff you can do, and it is awesome. Finished the main quest line, but still having an awesome time playing the game. Expand
  36. Nov 24, 2011
    Let's start with the bad, the game has many glitches & bugs which at some points can make the game unplayable. The voice acting is not the best and is repeated so much that it can become boring. The game play such as combat or interacting with npc's seems a bit off at times, and the graphics are very limited for console especially without using a mod on PC version to improve them much moreLet's start with the bad, the game has many glitches & bugs which at some points can make the game unplayable. The voice acting is not the best and is repeated so much that it can become boring. The game play such as combat or interacting with npc's seems a bit off at times, and the graphics are very limited for console especially without using a mod on PC version to improve them much more which tells me the devs were very lazy.The difficulty of the game I find is not very challenging at all either What is good about this game? It has a lot of fun rpg elements to it, it can be addicting to play despite it's flaws. Vast amount of areas quests, and stories to explore. If you love RPG this game is a must but it's far from a masterpiece claim it to be. Expand
  37. Nov 14, 2011
    This is a great game. The UI is a lil buggy for mouse control, but thats it. Also, I'm really laughing at some of these negative reviews by users. My favorite thus far is a reviewer talking about bugs: "when you get hit by giant you fly" -- no **** You think that's a bug that a huge giant hitting you and you go flying is a bug? Anyway, once the UI gets figured out for mouse support, thisThis is a great game. The UI is a lil buggy for mouse control, but thats it. Also, I'm really laughing at some of these negative reviews by users. My favorite thus far is a reviewer talking about bugs: "when you get hit by giant you fly" -- no **** You think that's a bug that a huge giant hitting you and you go flying is a bug? Anyway, once the UI gets figured out for mouse support, this game will go from a 9 to a 10 in my book. Expand
  38. Nov 29, 2011
    I'm honestly surprised by the negative attitude this game is getting. If you say you put a zero to offset the high scores, and you wanted to give it a 5 or a 6, then you're not reviewing a game right. Reviews are based on your personal experience, and mine has been pretty great so far, barring a few glitches. I think the game looks and plays better than Oblivion, and comparing it to otherI'm honestly surprised by the negative attitude this game is getting. If you say you put a zero to offset the high scores, and you wanted to give it a 5 or a 6, then you're not reviewing a game right. Reviews are based on your personal experience, and mine has been pretty great so far, barring a few glitches. I think the game looks and plays better than Oblivion, and comparing it to other games in the genre is a little bit maddening. I'm reading a lot of reviews comparing it to Dark Souls, and thats apples and oranges there, and of course, a little similar to the two main FPS games that came out this year. In my opinion this game is near perfect, and despite it locking up on me two or three times I'm having an amazing time playing through these quests. I'm currently playing a spellcaster, and the animations for the spells are great, as well as the set pieces and dungeons throughout skyrim. This game is worth playing, and is a worth while Elder Scrolls sequel. Expand
  39. Nov 16, 2011
    One of my top 5 xbox 360 games was Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I think to date I've put in around 200 hours on it, which for me, is nearly unthinkable, the only other games that come close are Final Fantasy VII/VIII/IX.
    Skyrim...first of all let me say that I for one have encountered none of the bugs and glitches that have plagued many gamer's experiences, therefore I cannot comment on those. My experience so far has been one of immersion on a scale I havent felt since I first purchased Oblivion all those years ago. The new combat system is a great addition allowing you to duel-wield sword and spell, or for added fun, equip spells to both hands to create a charged super spell :D
    The inventory is admittedly a bit clunky and swapping between magic and a sword/shield combo could have been made easier, but I'm just niggling really.

The size of the game world and the detail that has gone into it really shows that Bethesda still know how to wow their own fans. Textures could be better but for the size of the open world, you shouldnt expect Battlefield here..

Quests are varied and interesting and the return of the various guilds is welcome as they reward you greatly for veering off from the main story arc, which is something other RPG's fail to do.

All in all I can see this taking another of my top 5 xbox 360 game slots. While its still early days, I can see that this is a game that will keep giving. Also, if Bethesda plan DLC along the lines of Oblivion's epic 'Shivering Isles' then its a game that will continue to give, for years to come.

40. Nov 30, 2011
    A truly epic RPG. Another excellent, detailed and intelligent fantasy universe created by Bethesda. Bigger, better and longer than any other 360 RPG. Several small bugs, but with a game this big, and this ambitious you can forgive the tiny flaws. As Mass Effect 2 was given 10/10 by many despite major flaws, I can give this game no less than a 10/10. Best RPG on 360 yet.
  41. Feb 2, 2012
    Skyrim looks marvellous, the attention to detail is nothing short of jaw-dropping, the landscape and sheer scale is a phenomenal achievement. It's a real shame then that this game fails in every other aspect. I won't bother going into the plethora of bugs and glitches that infect this game, because they've already been documented many many times by other more notable reviewers. Let's startSkyrim looks marvellous, the attention to detail is nothing short of jaw-dropping, the landscape and sheer scale is a phenomenal achievement. It's a real shame then that this game fails in every other aspect. I won't bother going into the plethora of bugs and glitches that infect this game, because they've already been documented many many times by other more notable reviewers. Let's start with the basic difficulty.... there is none. This game is an interactive story, nothing more than that, there is NO challenge here at all. I began my personal Skyrim adventure by increasing my smithing and enchanting skills, my that was boring... I have no idea how many iron daggers I had to make to get smithing up to max. When I did I went off and made the best weapon and best armour in the game and then strolled through the game swatting away enemies like annoying flies. Beating the final boss boiled down to hitting it about 8 times and that was it. The ending is befitting of the game, non-eventful and dull, dull, dull. Some of the dungeons are littered with elaborate traps which at first you feel like you should avoid, but after levelling up a few times you realise that they don't mean anything because you can just run right through them, take the tiny health hit and then simply heal or wait until your health regenerates (not that you'd need to). If you want your hand held whist playing through an interactive story, Skyrim is definitely for you. If you want a challenge and immersion, it most definitely is not. How can you immerse yourself in a game that allows you to simply fast-travel anywhere you've already been, and where you have to wait an age for the loading to finish every time you enter a building?

Sorry Skyrim, you suck. I looked forward to playing you for so long but you've let me down. I'm off to play Dark Souls again instead.
  42. Nov 26, 2011
    Elder Scrolls Skyrim is the best RPG game since Mass Effect 2 or Elder Scrolls Oblivion. This is definitely Game of the year material . This game has breathtaking world to explore, drastically improved combat, great graphics, amazing soundtrack, and Skyrim is an epic game overall. There are some bugs ,but I recommend this to anybody who likes open world games and rpg's or just wanting aElder Scrolls Skyrim is the best RPG game since Mass Effect 2 or Elder Scrolls Oblivion. This is definitely Game of the year material . This game has breathtaking world to explore, drastically improved combat, great graphics, amazing soundtrack, and Skyrim is an epic game overall. There are some bugs ,but I recommend this to anybody who likes open world games and rpg's or just wanting a fantastic experience in a game. OVER 9000!/10 Expand
  43. IMN
    Nov 14, 2011
    Masterpiece! I just climb over the throat of the world and this is astonishing! Then I was killed by throll and that was astonishing too! I wish this piece of art will never ends! Love it! Best game ever!
  44. Nov 20, 2011
    The sheer amount of content in this game is almost overwhelming. After over a week of playing I have still only scratched the surface of this gigantic game. One of the few games out there that is actually worth 60 dollars.
  45. Nov 15, 2011
    Outstanding, brings back a lot of the Morrowind feel and fixes everything from Oblivion. A game that can be played over and over and you'll always find new things. Graphics and music are incredible. Dragon fights are fun and terrifying, new skills work well, combat is actually fun and doesn't feel like you're waving chopsticks around, world is MASSIVE and their is so much to find, lots ofOutstanding, brings back a lot of the Morrowind feel and fixes everything from Oblivion. A game that can be played over and over and you'll always find new things. Graphics and music are incredible. Dragon fights are fun and terrifying, new skills work well, combat is actually fun and doesn't feel like you're waving chopsticks around, world is MASSIVE and their is so much to find, lots of surprises (For new and old Elder Scrolls fans) to be found. Just travelling from town to town is an epic journey. The people rating this game low because SOME texture issues and some twitchy animations? Pathetic. There is no denying this game is a masterpiece. Game of the year doesn't cut it, how about best game ever created? Expand
  46. Nov 18, 2011
    If you are new to The Elder Scrolls games, here it is. A massive sandbox world with a plethora of quests, tasks, dungeons to explore, npc's to steal from (or talk to I guess), and on and on. You will have no shortage of things to do. For the size of the world you have to explore, and the fact that all of that is crammed onto 1 disc, it is visually stunning.

If you AREN'T new to The

If you AREN'T new to The Elder Scrolls games, then you already bought it and I don't know why you are reading this. :P
  47. Nov 22, 2011
    Best game I have played in a long long time and I'm not a big fan of RPGs. But this one stands out in so many ways. Massive world, endless things to do, rich and detailed characters, fun combat, and tie all that in with the roleplaying aspect and it is just a completely wonderful game. The freedom this game gives you is mind-boggling I can't even tell you this enough you just have to goBest game I have played in a long long time and I'm not a big fan of RPGs. But this one stands out in so many ways. Massive world, endless things to do, rich and detailed characters, fun combat, and tie all that in with the roleplaying aspect and it is just a completely wonderful game. The freedom this game gives you is mind-boggling I can't even tell you this enough you just have to go play it! People who give skyrim bad reviews are probably the fans of the mindless shoot em up games like COD. This game takes cognitive effort and planning on what your next move or adventure will be. This is a type of game that almost everybody will have a different experience in. It is simply phenomenal. Expand
  48. Nov 15, 2011
    This game is vast and well worth every penny. The game detail is so perfect. They have set the bar on RPGs. You have a great blend of everything even some humor believe it or not. The game is so in-depth that I highly recommend the guide for it witch in its self is by fay the largest book of knowledge I have ever seen for a game, 656 pages of it . 100+ hr could be wasted just wondering theThis game is vast and well worth every penny. The game detail is so perfect. They have set the bar on RPGs. You have a great blend of everything even some humor believe it or not. The game is so in-depth that I highly recommend the guide for it witch in its self is by fay the largest book of knowledge I have ever seen for a game, 656 pages of it . 100+ hr could be wasted just wondering the land of Skyrim. This is truly a heavy contender for GOTY. Expand
  49. Nov 14, 2011
    This game is why 10's are awarded and absolutely what all gaming should strive for. I guarantee you will get your money's worth and then some. Just be prepared to put a hefty amount of time in; so much to do! I could sit here and tell you know how beautiful, satisfying and amazing this game is but I'll keep it as simple as possible: this game is the best release for 360 to date.
  50. Nov 14, 2011
    The game has some amazing visuals, story lines, quests, and countless ways to play "your way". If you have any interest in any kind of an RPG, this is a game you must play. However, there are some glitches that I can see being fixed in forthcoming patches, as well as some minor image tearing.
  51. Nov 12, 2011
    Just doing my part to raise the user score. There is absolutely no reason this game should be below a 9, the people who are putting in a 0 are trolling.
  52. Nov 14, 2011
    Epic game. Tons of quests and places to explore. I honestly give this game a 10 and almost positive it's going to be game of the year. This game is so addicting it's ruining my life. easily a 10 out of 10. GO BUY IT and play it NOW
  53. Nov 14, 2011
    Simply put, this is the greatest game i have ever played and i will be sinking hundreds of hours into it. love the exploring element and being able to wander off into the wilderness and have my own unique experience
  54. Nov 14, 2011
    OUTSTANDING. completely addicting formula, upgraded engine/visuals, hours upon hours upon hours of storyline and quests to be completed, Bethesda has outdone themselves with this entry into the elder scrolls franchise. KUDOS to Bethesda and everyone Enjoy slaying dragons in the world of Skyrim.
  55. Nov 11, 2011
    Absolutely superb! Skyrim is one of the most astoundingly pleasing and expansive games I have ever laid hands on. What amazes me the most about this game is the world itself. As I walk through the vast expanses, I've come across giants shepherding wooly mammoths, a moose bedding down in a field, a fox slinking away from me and so many other small little details that give the game a senseAbsolutely superb! Skyrim is one of the most astoundingly pleasing and expansive games I have ever laid hands on. What amazes me the most about this game is the world itself. As I walk through the vast expanses, I've come across giants shepherding wooly mammoths, a moose bedding down in a field, a fox slinking away from me and so many other small little details that give the game a sense of life like no other I have ever played. The combat is smooth and spell casting has been integrated beautifully into the combat system. Amazing game! A must have for any gamer! 11/10 !! Expand
  56. Nov 15, 2011
    Incredible. Though I can't believe the negative reviews. For those who gave the negative reviews I don't think you were playing this game the right way. Here are 4 things that will help your experience and irk your predisposed reviews.

1) 1080P : ON
    2) 5.1 Surround sound : ON
    3) Lights :OFF
    4) *Pants :OFF* *indicates a must
  57. Nov 17, 2011
    Wow ... what can I say... This game is Huge!!! I have always loved the Elder Scrolls games, but I stayed away from Oblivion, cause I just didn't have the time to be sucked into a game so vast like this, but I said what the hell and got Skyrim. I wasn't let down. Their is so damn much to do in this game like all Elder Scroll games it's just mind blowing! the graphics are great, and so far IWow ... what can I say... This game is Huge!!! I have always loved the Elder Scrolls games, but I stayed away from Oblivion, cause I just didn't have the time to be sucked into a game so vast like this, but I said what the hell and got Skyrim. I wasn't let down. Their is so damn much to do in this game like all Elder Scroll games it's just mind blowing! the graphics are great, and so far I have not had any problems with the battle system, I love stealing everything and pickpocketing people. It's just a whole lot fun wrapped up in a box full of awesome! Expand
  58. Nov 20, 2011
    Having been with the TES series since Morrowind, Skyrim met and exceeded my already high expectations. It looks beautiful, plays beautifully, and has the potential to keep you entertained for hundreds of hours. I can think of no better game to spend $60 on.
  59. Nov 12, 2011
    A triumph. I have never been as pleased to hand over my money for a game before, how people are marking Skyrim a 0 is beyond me.....
    Obvious COD fanboys who can see that their precious piece of crap has no chance for GOTY, it's over. This is a masterpiece.
  60. Nov 12, 2011
    I honestly wasn't a fan of oblivion, the other elder scrolls games or other games in this genre, but this game is amazing, it takes the good parts of both oblivion and fallout and puts it all into one excellent package, the graphics have been much improved, the combat feels a lot better and the dragons are beautiful. One thing that bugs me is that it's harder to kill a troll or a giantI honestly wasn't a fan of oblivion, the other elder scrolls games or other games in this genre, but this game is amazing, it takes the good parts of both oblivion and fallout and puts it all into one excellent package, the graphics have been much improved, the combat feels a lot better and the dragons are beautiful. One thing that bugs me is that it's harder to kill a troll or a giant than it is to kill a dragon, which makes no sense, but that's just a minor problem really, I can't put the game down. Expand
  61. Nov 13, 2011
    My first time playing the ES series. It freakin rocks! Vast gameplay had me stuck to my pc for at least 2 days straight. Sure there are bugs, but for a game this size, they are expected. Suffice to say the bugs don't interfere with the ability to enjoy the crap out of this game. Oh and also...dragons, nuff' said
  62. Nov 21, 2011
    I would give this game a 9 for bugs but how could i,it will be a murderer do do so!This game deserves the best scores from all gamers.This game is the one that gamers should suport.Bethesda gave us again a masterpiece to enjoy for months and months.A 60$ game that offers so much i mean come on..This game got it all,amazing storytelling,very good graphics,amazing atmosphere that make youI would give this game a 9 for bugs but how could i,it will be a murderer do do so!This game deserves the best scores from all gamers.This game is the one that gamers should suport.Bethesda gave us again a masterpiece to enjoy for months and months.A 60$ game that offers so much i mean come on..This game got it all,amazing storytelling,very good graphics,amazing atmosphere that make you thing your actually living in skyrim,and once again a superb gameplay.Gaming websites gave it a low score cause of the bugs but thats nothing a patch wont fix.I feal sorry for people waste there money on shooters when you have an amazing game infront of you as this masterpiece called Skyrim. Expand
  63. Nov 11, 2011
    While it is buggy at times, the animations might be a bit stiff, and sometimes the UI is unresponsive, it is still one of the best games I have played in years.
  64. Nov 12, 2011
    Simply amazing. Rich lore and amazing gameplay. There is no reason NOT to buy this game. The glitches will be patched as soon as possible. I really enjoy sneaking around as a ranger.
  65. Nov 12, 2011
    Skyrim is the best Singleplayer experience I had in 13 years. It won't dethrone OoT as the best game of all times, but to me, its the first real contender. The scale of this game is massive and there is so much to do, it never gets boring. The game manages to create such a fantastic atmosphere that it becomes hard to stop playing. You always want to go to the next quest, etc. GOTY.
  66. Nov 20, 2011
    This game is superb and you will be playing this game for many hours. Don't buy Modern Warfare 3 .it is not worth your money. Skyrim isssss!!!!!!!!!
  67. Nov 12, 2011
    This game deserves nothing less than a 10. In no way is it 'perfect', but as a whole it deserves the 10. Sound, visuals, dialogue, story; everything will suck you in and keep you immersed. Of course there are bugs to be found, of varying degrees, but in a game this large and fully packed, how could there not be bugs? The important thing is that it won't take away from the beauty of thisThis game deserves nothing less than a 10. In no way is it 'perfect', but as a whole it deserves the 10. Sound, visuals, dialogue, story; everything will suck you in and keep you immersed. Of course there are bugs to be found, of varying degrees, but in a game this large and fully packed, how could there not be bugs? The important thing is that it won't take away from the beauty of this game. It won't stop you from letting the hours go by when you get lost in the world of Skyrim. I read some user reviews who rated the game a 0, then even went on to say that the game is decent. It's sad that those scores can be counted to hurt the rating of a game that's had so much love and work go into it. Do yourself a favor and pick up this game. Expand
  68. Nov 11, 2011
    Nothing more to say other than if you like rpgs and you like hundreds of hours worth of fun then look no further. A game this large is not without its share of minor bugs, but these things pale in comparison to the sheer volume of content. Not an excuse, but the expectation that a game would be bug free and this huge is a misplaced one. The overall accomplishment here warrants a Ten.
  69. Nov 12, 2011
    Overall an extremely enjoyable, rewarding and deep gaming experience, A definite step up from oblivion, both in graphics and game-play. And it's a game that can continue to be enjoyed for at least ten times longer than any other game out at the moment.
  70. Nov 11, 2011
    This was an easy choice. Alot of people are docking this game for its handful of bugs. I am not one of them. With a game this size, even with fairly thorough beta testing, you cannot predict everything that is going to happen with the coding. That being said, Bethesda does an amazing job with patching problems very soon after releases and with the handful of bugs patched (I have yet toThis was an easy choice. Alot of people are docking this game for its handful of bugs. I am not one of them. With a game this size, even with fairly thorough beta testing, you cannot predict everything that is going to happen with the coding. That being said, Bethesda does an amazing job with patching problems very soon after releases and with the handful of bugs patched (I have yet to experience any after 12 hours of play) the game is perfect. It is a remarkable improvement on Oblivion in so many ways and the game gives you so many directions to take. I mentioned I have spent 12 hours in game right? I have accomplished almost nothing... and I don't care. That's the beauty of the well crafted sandbox. This game will let you give to it and will return your creative and exploitative investment 10 fold. The character models are amazing and the scenery is just magnificent. Buy it. Instant GoTY. Expand
  71. Nov 11, 2011
    Honestly, this is one of the best games I have played in a long LONG time. I don't even usually get excited for RPG's either. The bugs will get worked out eventually, but in my experience they do not get in the way too much. A couple of crashes here and there, but for the most part an excellent game.
  72. Nov 12, 2011
    If I had to pick one word to describe Skyrim, it would me "Epic". From its generously large handcrafted open word, to it's creatively written books found scattered around the world of Skyrim. Since Oblivion, made changes have been implemented this time around. Some of those innovations borrowed from Fallout, some new to Skyrim, such as sprinting, which is important for open world games,If I had to pick one word to describe Skyrim, it would me "Epic". From its generously large handcrafted open word, to it's creatively written books found scattered around the world of Skyrim. Since Oblivion, made changes have been implemented this time around. Some of those innovations borrowed from Fallout, some new to Skyrim, such as sprinting, which is important for open world games, and adds the ability to have chasing quests and dual wielding. The story being as rich as ever, with the added epic-ness of dragons and scripted events. While the close range combat still feels kind of wonky, its been much improved since the last game, and third person looks and feels a lot better and more natural. Overall the gameplay has been much improved since the last game, and unlike the previous games in the series, the combat is actual incentive to play. Another great thing about Skyrim, is the new Creation engine, with beautiful vistas, and amazing weapons models, and although faces and animations are substantially better then with the Gamebryo engine, they look less impressive then everything else. Besides the improved graphics, gameplay, and narrative/story, Skyrim's most important improvement is the interface. I cannot begin to explain how much I personally love the new interface. Unlike Oblivion's interface, Skryim's is cleaner, partly because it uses clear font rather than cursive/formal font and partly because is more accessible and simplified, making it a breeze to see what quest your on, or what weapon you have equipped. I could go on and on about new addition to the HUD and interface, but then this review will go on far longer then necessary. On top of everything I previously mentioned, one thing that really stands out about Skryim is it phenomenal sound track, being epic or beautiful when either is appropriate along with the great voice acting and overall sound effects submersing you into the game. This game is the kind of game you never want to put down, and it taking over 100 hours to even beat the game doesn't help, this game has so much to it, from the 100's of books to read, to the 150 dungeons, there is always something to do in the magnificent word of Skryim. Do yourself a favor and pickup this game. Expand
  73. Nov 11, 2011
    Skyrim is a truly amazing game. I enjoyed Oblivion very much, but Skyrim surpasses it easily. The world is and feel enormous, and the idea of managing to visit even the majority of its locations is daunting. I normally like to do side quests before moving on with the primary storyline, but in the case of this game I have spent hours not on side quests, but just on exploring andSkyrim is a truly amazing game. I enjoyed Oblivion very much, but Skyrim surpasses it easily. The world is and feel enormous, and the idea of managing to visit even the majority of its locations is daunting. I normally like to do side quests before moving on with the primary storyline, but in the case of this game I have spent hours not on side quests, but just on exploring and crafting. Plus the wide variety of "random" encounters is wonderful, I regularly find myself on the edge of my seat in expectations of what's around the next bend. I have some old favorites for the PC that no new game will every be able to replace, but Skyrim is hands down the best game I have ever played on the Xbox 360, and I would say it is actually the best game I have ever played on ANY gaming console. Expand
  74. Nov 22, 2011
    I've already given my s cents worth about Skyrim but the naysayers are really getting on my nerves! The xtreme fanboys too, but that's a different. Admittedly the game is flawed, in my opinion its not worth of 10 because it is flawed but just because its not a 10 doesn't mean its not kick ass. The numerical score is primarily a quantified analysis of all the technical parts of a productI've already given my s cents worth about Skyrim but the naysayers are really getting on my nerves! The xtreme fanboys too, but that's a different. Admittedly the game is flawed, in my opinion its not worth of 10 because it is flawed but just because its not a 10 doesn't mean its not kick ass. The numerical score is primarily a quantified analysis of all the technical parts of a product and yes skyrim has flaws but where it excels beyond anything else is in the intangible, unquantifiable realm of fun! Where else do you get so much freedom, so many surprises, so much satisfaction from a melee battle, so much pride in crafting a killer legendary elven sword with 40 points of fire damage and faster health regen to boot? Man, you guys who are dismissing this game for its minor flaws like the poor UI and the myriad of non-game-breaking glitches are just wasting too much time complaining and not enough to immersing in the game world. Those with crash issues have my sympathies but I for one haven't had the game crash even once in the 60 odd hours of play already clocked in. I agree that while pat bethesda's back for delivering on the promises as well as they have we should still be reminding them of where they should have done better but we cannot ignore the fact that there is nothing, nothing at all out there, no not even dark souls, that can match Skyrim for the sheer exhilaration and enjoyment it provides. I finished demon Souls and loved it, i played dark souls for two hours have haven't been back to it since i got my ass handed to me by a bunch of skeletons for the 300th time a month ago. I fail to see the point of making a game so difficult that instead of learning to beat it you are taught to abandon it all together because end of the day its a silly game, a virtual world, a non-existent foe. You play games to relax, to unwind, not to becoming enraged to the point that Dark Souls drive you to. I'm sure its a brilliant game and if i had the free time on my hands a much smaller share of real-life problems that every adult has i might still be plodding along through it one death at a time, but i have skyrim instead that makes it difficult enough for me to kill a dragon so that it is extremely satisfying to finally kill it on the 5th try but doesn't make those initial failure so painful that i lose all desires to hedge my visual stakes in the games world. To all those who enjoy dark souls or whatever, good luck to ya and kudos but don't give skyrim retardedly low scores just because you prefer other games. Any one with a modicum of fairness would give skyrim a higher than average (6+) score because if nothing else the effort put in must be appreciated. Everyone failing to that is being unfair and unjust and should be completely disregarded by anyone actually reading these reviews to decide whether the game is worth buying. Expand
  75. Nov 12, 2011
    For those few who are putting in negative reviews, maybe you should play more then one day before complaining. This game is amazing. Don't blame great reviews on paid advertisers. Go out and get this game.
  76. Nov 12, 2011
    THE BEST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED HANDS DOWN. I played this game 12 straight hours near about and still only have scratched about 1/50000 of the game......Graphics are great especially the player and NPCs.....The ability to create weapons, armor, enchant armor, and create potions from raw material is like Oblivion (GOTY) but even better. Skyrim is everything they have claimed and more andTHE BEST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED HANDS DOWN. I played this game 12 straight hours near about and still only have scratched about 1/50000 of the game......Graphics are great especially the player and NPCs.....The ability to create weapons, armor, enchant armor, and create potions from raw material is like Oblivion (GOTY) but even better. Skyrim is everything they have claimed and more and anyone who puts a negative or mixed review on here is a MORON and is one of two things....Not a RPG fan or a Bethesda hater. This is easily GOTY after all the POS I've played this year this one is the best game since Fall Out 3 for RPGs....and ALL GAMES Expand
  77. Nov 12, 2011
    So far a flawless delivery. Repairs damage done by oblivion, while keeping all the upgrades. This is essentially a 1up in the Elder Scrolls series, like is to be expected, and anyone who enjoyed the series thus far will not be disappointed. They'll be amazed. The character movement is fluid, fighting makes the game feel like an action title almost, and horses are no longer awkward.So far a flawless delivery. Repairs damage done by oblivion, while keeping all the upgrades. This is essentially a 1up in the Elder Scrolls series, like is to be expected, and anyone who enjoyed the series thus far will not be disappointed. They'll be amazed. The character movement is fluid, fighting makes the game feel like an action title almost, and horses are no longer awkward. Although there is a slight controller based menu, everything else reaches the expected level of what the hype for this game was. I decided to comment a short review when I saw a spam surge of '0' rates that were completely biased, or were just utter trolls. You can read them if you want but take it with a grain of salt. This is my GOTY. Expand
  78. Nov 12, 2011
    From the start Skyrim's opening looked a little outdated. But once you are given control of the game, it is a masterpiece.the combat is by far the best in the series and the game is fairly difficult.I was actually encouraged to try weapon combos. i have allways used a sword in elder scrolls, but in skyrim I dont even carry a sword.the music in the game is amazing. The music makes the wholeFrom the start Skyrim's opening looked a little outdated. But once you are given control of the game, it is a masterpiece.the combat is by far the best in the series and the game is fairly difficult.I was actually encouraged to try weapon combos. i have allways used a sword in elder scrolls, but in skyrim I dont even carry a sword.the music in the game is amazing. The music makes the whole game feel epic. One of the best moments in the game so far, the first real dragon fight, is made up with amazing music. The citizens of Skyrim are more realistic, all of them have a daily routine, and the new animation system does really well. On the topic of bugs, i have been unable to find any, so clearly this game is much better than fallout new vegas. summary- If you are intrested in a rpg, or are a diehard rpg fan, this game was made for you.
    Guaranteed game of the year
  79. Nov 12, 2011
    A true Masterpiece! One of the best games i have seen and i have been ganing over 30 years, nothing touches how good this game is! If you haven't picked it up yet do so, you will not regret it.
  80. Nov 12, 2011
    Skyrim is the fifth installment in a long line of successful RPGâ
  81. Nov 12, 2011
    BUY IT NOW get up off the sofa grab your wallet and go to your nearest supermarket. Skyrim is amazing. 10/10 game couldn't be better lose your self in a fantasy world waiting to be explored. I paid £40 its worth alot more truly EPIC BUY THIS GAME RIGHT NOW. :-))
  82. Nov 12, 2011
    Great game, and an incredible RPG, incredible depth to your character and the world, i spend literally two and a half hours in and around the first town just looking at and exploring nearby places and completing the odd miscellaneous quest. But after i eventually prised myself from Riverwood i eventually came across an incredible open world with some astonishing vistas, with a multitude ofGreat game, and an incredible RPG, incredible depth to your character and the world, i spend literally two and a half hours in and around the first town just looking at and exploring nearby places and completing the odd miscellaneous quest. But after i eventually prised myself from Riverwood i eventually came across an incredible open world with some astonishing vistas, with a multitude of locations beside the main cities. Graphically Skyrim is much improved coming of the back of Fallout and Oblivion and are really very good for a world of this size and scope and animations are much improved making 3rd person play bare able without laughing (however personally i still think 1st person is better). The NPC interactions are also much improved with the biggest improvement been the most minor in the way that everything doesn't freeze during a conversation and they can be pulled out of at anytime, however there are a lot of other improvements that just overall make the NPC's feel a lot more realistic, but they can sometimes be a stupid during combat, for example throwing their personal safety out the window and decide they want to be Rambo and begin a full scale charge toward you, not to mention sometimes hitting each other when in combat, but these are minor and don't really spoil the game, is at all. Gameplay wise its excellent, although i understand complaints about the Oblivion like combat, but it fits in nicely to the game and the VATS style finishers look rather cool Expand
  83. Nov 12, 2011
    Fabulous in every way. Video games rarely reach the heights of making seasoned gamers say 'wow' at every new vista but Skyrim is one such beast. There is such a sense of freedom it's truly mind-blowing.
    It's the best rpg I've ever played and if you own an xbox 360 you do yourself a massive disservice by not buying it. You could buy one of two over hyped underwhelming war games, or you could get lost in sheer magical immersion. The likes of which have never been seen before. All hail Bethesda. A masterpiece.
  84. Nov 19, 2011
    so i must admit this has got to be one of the best games I've ever played it exceeded my expectations greatly when i first got it i thought it was gonna be iffy but this actually turned out to be awesome i would highly recommend it to anyone over 10
  85. Nov 12, 2011
    This game is a Masterpiece, just like every Elder Scrolls game. To those of you complaining about it, either your dumb, or haven't played any TES game. Yes it has it's flaws, but the awesomeness covers them.
    Nothing a patch can't fix. Thanks Bethesda, you've done it again.
  86. Nov 12, 2011
    This is one of the greatest games that has ever come out. The scenery is amazing. The game play looks so real. For someone that spends a lot of their time playing video games this is worth the experience. You will enjoy the terrific game play, including the new dragons that have been added. Who would not want to fight a dragon?
  87. Nov 12, 2011
    Great game, although a lot of issues out of the gate, some things the same as Oblivion but overall fresh and new, I would say it's the best RPG I've ever played, but it's not perfect. still it deserves props for it's extensive and unlimited replay value and story.
  88. Nov 13, 2011
    What a fantastic game! the huge wait has been more than worth it, it looks amazing, it sounds fantastic, and the score....as always is just epic! it has got minor faults as do all game these days, but the overall experience is just mind blowing, i cant wait to spend over 200 hours on another ES game! defo worth a buy, defo worth a 9/10 score!
  89. Nov 25, 2011
    This is my first Elder Scrolls game and i say it really good, offers hours and even days of fun. Complete character customization, weapon and armor customization, and even make and enchant your own weapons and equipments. Skyrim offers a grand wide map for players to adventure and explore. The battle system works great, dragon battles is so much fun, the music in the background matches theThis is my first Elder Scrolls game and i say it really good, offers hours and even days of fun. Complete character customization, weapon and armor customization, and even make and enchant your own weapons and equipments. Skyrim offers a grand wide map for players to adventure and explore. The battle system works great, dragon battles is so much fun, the music in the background matches the scene perfectly. There are factions to join and a civil war that needs you to end it. The are some glitches and bugs but a game like would contain some inevitable bugs. The only thing that i pull this game down to a 9 for me is that the companion AIs are sometime being very stupid and dumb. Most of the time while im exploring, i often have to look back to see if my companion is still following me or does he/she wander somewhere else. Other than that, this game offers alot of fun and is definitely worth your money. Expand
  90. Jan 4, 2012
    when i got this game for Christmas, i planned to present a review in the following days. Now, i am presenting to Bethesda a thank you letter. Thank you Bethesda for this wonderful game you have presented to your fans, which has not only kept your fan base happy, but has brought forward a new generation of elder scroll fans, who would never have touched this type of game before. it iswhen i got this game for Christmas, i planned to present a review in the following days. Now, i am presenting to Bethesda a thank you letter. Thank you Bethesda for this wonderful game you have presented to your fans, which has not only kept your fan base happy, but has brought forward a new generation of elder scroll fans, who would never have touched this type of game before. it is simply a masterpiece, and everyone should at least try this game, for it is not just a game, but an epic adventure. thank you Bethesda thank and you Todd Howard for this fantastic adventure. Expand
  91. Nov 15, 2011
    Only Nintendo fanboys would hate on this game... Really this game deserves a 9/10 because of glitches but with the inflated scoring system these days I'd say it easily deserves 10/10.
  92. Dec 21, 2011
    Skyrim is a very atmospheric and engrossing experience that will keep you awake all night and neglecting your girlfriend. It is very easy and rewarding to become swallowed in the experience. The world is huge and most of the time it is beautiful. The quests can be very interesting with some clever twists. However there are bugs, the combat system is repetitive, the game punishes people whoSkyrim is a very atmospheric and engrossing experience that will keep you awake all night and neglecting your girlfriend. It is very easy and rewarding to become swallowed in the experience. The world is huge and most of the time it is beautiful. The quests can be very interesting with some clever twists. However there are bugs, the combat system is repetitive, the game punishes people who explore by not allowing the player to finish a quest if they have already visited an area and at times it is way too easy. The worst thing about the game is that it ends and there are times when you find yourself doubting weather that will happen. Expand
  93. Nov 14, 2011
    To say that this is a poorly crafted game is as ignorant a statement as one can make. Sure, there are some flaws, sure some aspects of it are slightly choppy. Juxtaposed to the size of the game, none of that matters. Everything is seamless. The hard work and effort put into designing a game this massive is awe inspiring. Get this game, it's going to change the way we perceive games for theTo say that this is a poorly crafted game is as ignorant a statement as one can make. Sure, there are some flaws, sure some aspects of it are slightly choppy. Juxtaposed to the size of the game, none of that matters. Everything is seamless. The hard work and effort put into designing a game this massive is awe inspiring. Get this game, it's going to change the way we perceive games for the future. It's a work of art. I will never be satisfied with anything lesser, and I don't see anything topping it anytime soon. Expand
  94. Nov 13, 2011
    Theres no words to describe it. From the immense territory to the magic you cast. I can even write a book about this and im only on the 11th hours of the gameplay. I wont spoil anything, but if you have a console for it, youve got to play this game. YES, theres alot of people that claim that this is the game of the CENTURY, but those people have played it already, something that manyTheres no words to describe it. From the immense territory to the magic you cast. I can even write a book about this and im only on the 11th hours of the gameplay. I wont spoil anything, but if you have a console for it, youve got to play this game. YES, theres alot of people that claim that this is the game of the CENTURY, but those people have played it already, something that many gamers doubt and automatically hate about this game before even trying it. YOU NEED TO PLAY IT IN ORDER TO BELIEVE IT. Is that simple. Expand
  95. Nov 13, 2011
    A 100% beautiful game. I don't understand how some people have given it such bad reviews because 1. some of them are completely outrageous and 2. Some of their reasoning is absolutely dreadful. Someone said it's a Fallout cut and paste job with the same engine, you could not be more wrong. If you actually are a Bethesda fan you would have known they built a completely new engine forA 100% beautiful game. I don't understand how some people have given it such bad reviews because 1. some of them are completely outrageous and 2. Some of their reasoning is absolutely dreadful. Someone said it's a Fallout cut and paste job with the same engine, you could not be more wrong. If you actually are a Bethesda fan you would have known they built a completely new engine for this game and omg waiting from Fallout 3 as well as B to bring up a menu!!!!! NEWSFLASH! They were both in Oblivion smarts so technically Fallout took stuff from TES not the other way around, that being said I'm not criticizing Fallout( I actually enjoyed it) but it frustrates me so much to see such uneducated reviews on this game! The glitches aren't even that bad, you people are just so nit-picky and there are title updates for a reason nowadays. This game is so innovative and I've put 20+ hours into it and I've barely scratched the surface. Thoroughly enjoyable, a must for any true Bethesda fan! Expand
  96. Nov 19, 2011
    I love the elder scrolls series and i got this game on the first day its so Awesome , the only problems i really found were the glitches which are really to be expected in this series,especially in such a beautiful lookinggame, and it has cool monsters(dragons,giants,and warewovles) and cmon its f****** funny to see that a giant to hit you 40 feet in the air and drop back on the groundI love the elder scrolls series and i got this game on the first day its so Awesome , the only problems i really found were the glitches which are really to be expected in this series,especially in such a beautiful lookinggame, and it has cool monsters(dragons,giants,and warewovles) and cmon its f****** funny to see that a giant to hit you 40 feet in the air and drop back on the ground alive just long enough for you to think "wtf just happened lol" until you actually delay die ,but that stuff should be fixed by the end of the month, so it ok ,this game is so addicting i love it. Expand
  97. Nov 20, 2011
    By far best elder scroll game! if you loved oblivion your going to love skyrim no doubt about it. Every inch of the game is pure creativity and its a game that was made for the players. Bethesda truly but there heart into making Skyrim and it shows in every moment of the game. If you love the Elder Scroll series your going to love skyrim.
  98. Nov 15, 2011
    Bethesda has yet again raised the bar for the role-playing genre, i've been waiting for this game since i drained every ounce of content from oblivion and i am happy to say that it lived up to my expectations. If your looking for an rpg that does dragons right, making them fierce and scary then this is the game for you. As a side note i have read many reviews of people saying: "i beat thisBethesda has yet again raised the bar for the role-playing genre, i've been waiting for this game since i drained every ounce of content from oblivion and i am happy to say that it lived up to my expectations. If your looking for an rpg that does dragons right, making them fierce and scary then this is the game for you. As a side note i have read many reviews of people saying: "i beat this game in a day so disappointing." well to them i say: You were obviously playing on some other difficulty than master because i've logged about 50 hours in on the "master" difficulty and it's incredibly challenging even with a companion by my side i worry about keeping enough potion and having the best spells and equipment i can, and the sound of a dragon at night or in a snow storm is **** terrifying! so my advice especially if you love a challenge play on the "master" difficulty setting and you will not be disappointing. Happy gaming! Expand
  99. Nov 15, 2011
    Amazing game. Not too much to say. Map is huge. Hours upon end of exploration. Combat system works perfect. Storyline is fun and gets the player involved with decision choices, plenty of side quests to do and skills to improve. This game is one to buy, impossible to get bored. 10/10
  100. Nov 15, 2011
    Whoever has brought this game knows you will be sucked into the world and have an astounding time, the depth in detail to this game blows me away, dont get turned away because its a role playing game i dont usually like these types of games but you get so immersed into the game. Not only GOTY but to me best game i have ever played and i have played the classics on PS1, PS2 and Nintendo 64Whoever has brought this game knows you will be sucked into the world and have an astounding time, the depth in detail to this game blows me away, dont get turned away because its a role playing game i dont usually like these types of games but you get so immersed into the game. Not only GOTY but to me best game i have ever played and i have played the classics on PS1, PS2 and Nintendo 64 THATS HOW GOOD THIS GAME IS!! Expand

1. Feb 6, 2012
    This epic role-playing game might be Bethesda's best game yet, and offers an unique and spectacular world filled with fun. The freedom ensures a great experience for both the casual and hardcore gamer, as you're free to play the game how you like.
  2. Dec 16, 2011
    Skyrim is the largest, and most compelling work that I've had the opportunity to play this year. It's engaging, engrossing, and will take over your gaming life for many months to come. Not only is Skyrim among the best that 2011 has to offer, but for me, this is, without hesitation, the Game of the Year.
  3. Dec 16, 2011