8.4

1. Nov 20, 2011
    Most people I know are talking about this game as if it is Heaven on a Disc,
    So I tried Skyrim just to see what all the hype is about,
    And I found it to be a complete mess, it was boring, overated, and had extremely annoying controls,
    I do not see any reason why someone should pay money for something like this.
  2. Nov 14, 2011
    Not that well designed. Graphics are a minor upgrade from Oblivion. Textures are bad, see glitches everywhere. People I've killed have hovered above me in mid-air, and continued to blink. Seems like minor stuff they missed, but it makes the world of difference. Wish they had QA'd it first, before they released it to the mass public, looking to make a quick dollar.
  3. Nov 20, 2013
    I wrote a negative review when this game first came out but decided to play Oblivion and then go back to Skyrim and give it another try. It was a much better experience the second time around. All my issues with this game were resolved by playing Oblivion and getting a reference point. The only real issue I have is the slow loading screens and the rather brief main story but other thanI wrote a negative review when this game first came out but decided to play Oblivion and then go back to Skyrim and give it another try. It was a much better experience the second time around. All my issues with this game were resolved by playing Oblivion and getting a reference point. The only real issue I have is the slow loading screens and the rather brief main story but other than that it is a pretty good game, not as great as the critics say but still quite good. My sincere apologies. Expand
  4. Feb 2, 2012
    Skyrim looks marvellous, the attention to detail is nothing short of jaw-dropping, the landscape and sheer scale is a phenomenal achievement. It's a real shame then that this game fails in every other aspect. I won't bother going into the plethora of bugs and glitches that infect this game, because they've already been documented many many times by other more notable reviewers. Let's startSkyrim looks marvellous, the attention to detail is nothing short of jaw-dropping, the landscape and sheer scale is a phenomenal achievement. It's a real shame then that this game fails in every other aspect. I won't bother going into the plethora of bugs and glitches that infect this game, because they've already been documented many many times by other more notable reviewers. Let's start with the basic difficulty.... there is none. This game is an interactive story, nothing more than that, there is NO challenge here at all. I began my personal Skyrim adventure by increasing my smithing and enchanting skills, my that was boring... I have no idea how many iron daggers I had to make to get smithing up to max. When I did I went off and made the best weapon and best armour in the game and then strolled through the game swatting away enemies like annoying flies. Beating the final boss boiled down to hitting it about 8 times and that was it. The ending is befitting of the game, non-eventful and dull, dull, dull. Some of the dungeons are littered with elaborate traps which at first you feel like you should avoid, but after levelling up a few times you realise that they don't mean anything because you can just run right through them, take the tiny health hit and then simply heal or wait until your health regenerates (not that you'd need to). If you want your hand held whist playing through an interactive story, Skyrim is definitely for you. If you want a challenge and immersion, it most definitely is not. How can you immerse yourself in a game that allows you to simply fast-travel anywhere you've already been, and where you have to wait an age for the loading to finish every time you enter a building?

Sorry Skyrim, you suck. I looked forward to playing you for so long but you've let me down. I'm off to play Dark Souls again instead.
  5. Nov 27, 2011
    Well, I'm enjoying it but shocked at the low resolution, it really looks dated and detracts from the emersion. After Oblivion I was expecting a step up on the graphics but its pretty similar. Should have waited for Borderlands two, the original has far better textuals than this venture.
  6. Apr 1, 2012
    As a rule i dont give games 0 ratings but if i did this would be one of them. Skyrim was the most overhyped game of all time hands down. Yeah the game looks good and is big which was an almost cert. However the game is broken. The combat doesnt work, it isnt fun to play, its repetitive, i could go on. Ill finish with the game is a buggy piece of crap that needs to be redesigned near enoughAs a rule i dont give games 0 ratings but if i did this would be one of them. Skyrim was the most overhyped game of all time hands down. Yeah the game looks good and is big which was an almost cert. However the game is broken. The combat doesnt work, it isnt fun to play, its repetitive, i could go on. Ill finish with the game is a buggy piece of crap that needs to be redesigned near enough immediatley in order to be as good as it was meant to be Expand
  7. Nov 22, 2011
    Desapontado! Poderia ser bem melhor, gostaria que tivesse chegado ao nível de The Witcher 2, não gostei dos gráficos nem do som, as lutas são enfadonhas!!!
  8. Nov 13, 2011
    The UI alone makes this game not fun to play. Using gaming console interface cheapened up is bad, but add in the bugs and lack of consistent hot-key saving results in a recurring nightmare.
  9. Nov 14, 2011
    Juego muy completo pero aburrido, extremadamente lento al avanzar y lleno de bugs. La forma de atacar es muy repetitiva y realmente cansina. Las misiones secundarias y el diseño del "mundo", un acierto, eso si.
  10. Jun 26, 2012
    How can anyone not like this game?
    Skyrim incorporates all of the fun elements in RPGs, while leaving behind all the tediousness. It improves on Oblivion in all ways except for the faction mission lines.
  11. Mar 12, 2012
    This is without a doubt the best game released in 2011.

A wonderfully immersive RPG experience; the likes of which have become increasingly rare in the generic, cookie-cutter gaming industry.
  12. Oct 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A magnificent hive of creativity and technical clout, and holds a world so open it frequently threatens to overwhelm. Skyrim is forever charming and consistently engaging, and will carve a completely different adventure for every player put under its dazzling spell. Expand
  13. Jan 5, 2012
    I love this game! A truly massive world that I cannot find in any other game. Its like an MMO except there aren't tens of thousands of mages and warriors running around. Its also a more rewarding experience than an MMO because the story revolves around you. Faces look a little weird. Some NPCs do strange things and combat can feel less intimate than other games. Otherwise I would giveI love this game! A truly massive world that I cannot find in any other game. Its like an MMO except there aren't tens of thousands of mages and warriors running around. Its also a more rewarding experience than an MMO because the story revolves around you. Faces look a little weird. Some NPCs do strange things and combat can feel less intimate than other games. Otherwise I would give this game a straight up 10/10 Expand
  14. Jan 22, 2012
    This game has everything. A virtually unlimited number of quests ranging from the lengthy main quest to the guild quests to a seemingly numerous amount of miscellaneous quests. And I haven't even started talking about the dungeons. The world itself is massive. I've only even neared the edge of the game border once...in all my 60 hours of playing so far! And yet despite its size, it isThis game has everything. A virtually unlimited number of quests ranging from the lengthy main quest to the guild quests to a seemingly numerous amount of miscellaneous quests. And I haven't even started talking about the dungeons. The world itself is massive. I've only even neared the edge of the game border once...in all my 60 hours of playing so far! And yet despite its size, it is packed to the gills with stuff in each individual area of the game world. I can hardly go in one direction for more then a minute without stumbling upon a landmark, be it a miscellaneous quest opportunity and/or a dungeon or some other intriguing pastime. This game has more content then I have seen before...ever. Not even GTA4 came close to this. Each quest has been treated with a level of thought and detail that it hardly ever seems thrown in just for the sake of making the game longer. In each quest (be it main, guild, or miscellaneous) I always meet new characters who are colorful and diverse in personality, and a plot woven delicately enough to keep me engaged all the way through. And then there's the graphics. For the size of the game world, I am amazed to see the level of detail that each individual object of the game has been rendered with. The amount of detail, combined with how much there is detailed, is unbelievable. It has been six years since Oblivion came out, and I can easily believe that Bethesda has spent all that time perfecting every nook and cranny of Skyrim, from the quests to the graphics to the game world itself. This is a must buy, not just for RPG fans, but for any gamer out there. You cannot know what a perfect RPG is until you have played this game. Expand
  15. Jan 23, 2012
    Linear?....yes. Bugged?....yes. Repetitive?.....yes. However despite all the above this game is an absolute classic. The sheer size of the countryside and the fact that each area and character feels and looks different immerses you into the (weak) plot. With a huge number of side quests alongside the main quests and hundreds of different options and paths to choose (although most of theseLinear?....yes. Bugged?....yes. Repetitive?.....yes. However despite all the above this game is an absolute classic. The sheer size of the countryside and the fact that each area and character feels and looks different immerses you into the (weak) plot. With a huge number of side quests alongside the main quests and hundreds of different options and paths to choose (although most of these choices do not seem to change the plot much) be prepared to call work, your friends, your partner and anybody else you know to advise them they may not see you for a while! Expand
  16. Apr 27, 2012
    This game is a true work of art everything about this game is amazing from the stunning graphics to the smooth gameplay and let's not forget the amazing storyline.This is my favourite Installment by far this game is a Masterpiece and a must buy for any rpg fan.
  17. Jun 13, 2013
    While the graphics, story and gameplay are only "good", the world of Skyrim will draw you in. It really is an immersive experience and it's great fun, especially if you're a nerd like me :D perfect example of something being greater than the sum of its parts.
  18. Nov 17, 2011
    Does this game even need a review? Negative reviewers obviously picked this game in response to the buzz this game acquired since it's announcement, and are probably expecting more, yet Skyrim delivers more than just what The Elder Scrolls have been all about. Dig deep into the Skyrim's tremendous world and you'll get your monies worth a thousand times over.
  19. Jan 4, 2012
    A fantastic game without a doubt, but with the bugs and slight lack of polish. This is what hinders its perfection. It is still a highly recommended game
  20. Dec 31, 2011
    While The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim does not revolutionize the RPG genre it sure does bring fresh new content to the table. From epic scenery to ferocious dragon battles. The world of Skyrim left more to desire though, wishing for a more ambient and interactive world to explore. Don't get me wrong the world itself and detail of design of this game is amongst the best I've ever seen theseWhile The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim does not revolutionize the RPG genre it sure does bring fresh new content to the table. From epic scenery to ferocious dragon battles. The world of Skyrim left more to desire though, wishing for a more ambient and interactive world to explore. Don't get me wrong the world itself and detail of design of this game is amongst the best I've ever seen these past years. That's the main reason why I did not give this game a 10/10. Lost 1 point for lack of ambiance amongst the world. Exploring the world itself can take time and not to mention playing on "Master" difficulty will add plenty of hours to main quests and side quests. Whilst playing on anything below "Master" will definitely leave you wanting for more since the main quest is a bit short but can be elongated if the difficulty setting is changed. Then again, there are plenty of other quests the game provides you that will keep you busy through months, that is if you're the perfectionist or adventurer type. There are plenty of crafts to master from smithing to enchanting weaponry. I took another point off due to the basic level up system Skyrim has, while there are a variety of options there's not enough to say it is a true RPG leveling system. It follows more of the likes of Dragon Age, which is simplistic and does not really leave room to create unique characters from pures to hybrids. The giants are stronger than dragons debate I can say it is the difficulty level you're playing and the dragon you're fighting. A regular dragon is amongst the easiest, whilst a frost dragon can 1 hit KO the character. Most of these people complaining about the length obviously didn't take the time to change the difficulty setting of the game and just basically rushed through the main story instead of allowing themselves to enjoy this game. There's tons of books scattered around to collect that provide knowledge of certain areas, characters, history, organizations, and ect that can keep you busy reading if you're the person who enjoys expanding you're knowledge about Skyrim. I have to agree with some people stating some side quests left more to desire and that's another reason why I'm not giving this game a 10/10. About glitches and bugs found in Skyrim, we have to understand this is an open world sand box game so expect plenty of bugs and glitches. There's really nothing game breaking other than some words cannot be learned due to a bug on the game but does not necessarily impair you from completing quests.Overall this game is worth the $60.00 for players who are RPG fans. Many people claim this game is repetitive but which game isn't? FPS games = shoot/mission over/ cinematic/ infiltrate shoot/ mission over/ cinematic. That debate loses plenty of credibility fast as this game provides plenty of other options to keep yourself busy and away from monotonous dungeon clearing. Expand
  21. Dec 31, 2011
    Having put over 100 hours into this game and completed most (if not all) major quest lines, I feel that I can write an honest review about this game. Everyone knows that Skyrim is THE biggest game of the year (fans or haters), there's truly no denying it. Although saying this for myself, I found the game getting extremely boring 40 - 50 hours in. Once the main storyline and the 3 obviousHaving put over 100 hours into this game and completed most (if not all) major quest lines, I feel that I can write an honest review about this game. Everyone knows that Skyrim is THE biggest game of the year (fans or haters), there's truly no denying it. Although saying this for myself, I found the game getting extremely boring 40 - 50 hours in. Once the main storyline and the 3 obvious side lines, the game just becomes too repetitive. All misc missions seem to carry the seem pattern and the dragon attacks, although highly hyped about before the game was released, become extremely annoying and tedious.

Don't get me wrong, the game is simply AMAZING. The wide open world with amazing scenery, interesting stories and awesome combat, I just can't help overlook the flaws of the games. And there are loads. Glitches are really the major enemy of any game of this size. It happened in fallout: New Vegas, it happens in battlefield, it is just something that can't be ignored. I have encountered many glitches in my time playing from minor graphical glitches to game breaking glitches costing me over 5 - 10 hours of game play.

All-in-all, the game is amazing, gets fairly boring quickly and has its fair share of glitches. A definite game to play but just be prepared for it.
  22. Nov 17, 2011
    A total masterpiece!!! There is now a game that not only lives up to the hype that shrouded it since it's announce, it surpasses it above and beyond! You do not only pay for a fantastic game, you pay for an entire world that only exists on the disk!
  23. Apr 4, 2012
    Indeed, a masterpiece of free-form gaming. While the game is not "perfect", it is perfected for the time being. If you haven't gotten it, you own it to yourself to get it and experience the wonderful world BGS has created.
  24. Jan 20, 2012
    Brilliant story, graphics, music and voice acting all come together to make Skyrim one of the best games you will play in a long time, maybe the best you have and will EVER play.
    Even-though the story is great, the gameplay can get just a little repetitive and there can be some very occasional lagging problems although, this does not spoil the overall experience. A must buy for ANY gamer.
  25. Dec 1, 2011
    Absolutely fantastic game, game of the year stuff , of course is not a 10 game because is not perfect, nevertheless this is a must buy game for RPG and medieval fantasy lovers, graphics are beautiful, new combat animations are very cool, environment is outstanding, huge map and tons of gameplay hours. The only complain I've so far is the AI being sometimes stupid and of course the bugs IAbsolutely fantastic game, game of the year stuff , of course is not a 10 game because is not perfect, nevertheless this is a must buy game for RPG and medieval fantasy lovers, graphics are beautiful, new combat animations are very cool, environment is outstanding, huge map and tons of gameplay hours. The only complain I've so far is the AI being sometimes stupid and of course the bugs I just hope they patch them but I understand is not easy to release such a HUGE game without any mistake. Best 2011 game. Expand
  26. Nov 28, 2011
    out of this world its simply amazing so much to do places to go and people to talk to 100 hours plus with out any problem and dragons big flying fire breathing monsters what else do you want oh grate story's every were
  27. Nov 28, 2011
    Not really a fan of Bethesda games, but I must say this game is a must have for all. From the breathtaking scenery to the hilarious glitches that somehow manage to improve your gaming experience (such as the epic troll launch into space, but few not so much). there are however obvious problems with loading time and frame rate, but lets just say its because you can't rush perfection.
  28. Dec 6, 2011
    Skyrim is not without its problems, but most can be overlooked on how immersive and deep this game can be. RPG fan or not, this is definitely a game that every gamer has to experience.
  29. Dec 29, 2011
    If you haven't bought it yet, just do it. This game is absolutely phenomenal. The only problem I had with the game was the pacing. An early part of the main quest asks for you to travel up a mountain to speak to some wizards. There is a frost troll that will 2 shot you at the level the quest is given to you. Immediately after, you are sent to some catacombs with very low level monsters.If you haven't bought it yet, just do it. This game is absolutely phenomenal. The only problem I had with the game was the pacing. An early part of the main quest asks for you to travel up a mountain to speak to some wizards. There is a frost troll that will 2 shot you at the level the quest is given to you. Immediately after, you are sent to some catacombs with very low level monsters. This sort of inconsistency happens frequently. However, this gives you the opportunity to do quests for the various guilds and level up through these side quests. Even if you only complete the quests for one guild, difficulty spikes will not be nearly as obvious. As a result, i would give the game a perfect score, as everything is expertly crafted, and the difficulty of the start of the game nudges you towards even more content. I think this game deserves game of the year, and I think it is well worth the $60 to buy it. Expand
  30. Apr 15, 2012
    The best game ever. Probably.
  31. Dec 22, 2011
    i hate to say it but pcforever had way too many good points...i absolutely love the game i have spent waaaay too much time playing but but like he said..i basically ran through it on auto pilot...didnt have to read a book or listen to an npc i just clicked through the convo raided the cave or dungeon killed everything then proceeded..i actually wanted to give this game a 10 i swear righti hate to say it but pcforever had way too many good points...i absolutely love the game i have spent waaaay too much time playing but but like he said..i basically ran through it on auto pilot...didnt have to read a book or listen to an npc i just clicked through the convo raided the cave or dungeon killed everything then proceeded..i actually wanted to give this game a 10 i swear right hand to god but after reading pcforever's review i actually cant...im not a pc player so graphics a perfect to meand i like the story and i dont know what kind of stuff he was doing but i constantly found myself running out of gold and i had made all daedric armor and weapons early on before 25% of main quest was even done so i needed to buy nothing but houses and crap....definitely cant go without giving this game a playthrough it is an absolute must ....Hopefully the make it a little more interactive in a sense!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  32. Dec 29, 2011
    I think this is one of the masterpieces of 2011, because the world is much bigger than oblivion and the graphics are beautiful. But... the combat is stiff and there are some bugs that not belong in such a game with uch a fan-base
  33. Feb 3, 2012
    This game is a classic. This game never ends which gives me more time to play and enjoy it. Dont buy MW3 Or SCV. This game will pass the time and u will love it. It takes 3000 hours to complete everything which will prob take 12-20 months or even more so ull enjoy it alot. It is worth $60.00
  34. Dec 29, 2011
    Rented this game at redbox, not sure whether I would like it. Within hours I was hooked. I went out and bought it the next day. The graphics are superb, the story line amazing. Game of the year in my opinion. Worth every cent.
  35. Feb 6, 2012
    You Can turn into a werewolf and fight Dragons this is a very good game...buy it....now, WEREWOLF FIGHTING DRAGONS PEOPLE!!! Go to a gamestop and buy it already.
  36. Jan 3, 2012
    Despite all the hours I'd put in the previous Elder Scrolls games (especially Daggerfall), I'd yet to finish one. I was pleased to see that this game gave me the momentum I needed to see things through. (Really, the main quest chain isn't very long, so if you're motivated to finish it, you can certainly do it.) Now, I still have plenty of side-quests to do, and I hope to finish lots ofDespite all the hours I'd put in the previous Elder Scrolls games (especially Daggerfall), I'd yet to finish one. I was pleased to see that this game gave me the momentum I needed to see things through. (Really, the main quest chain isn't very long, so if you're motivated to finish it, you can certainly do it.) Now, I still have plenty of side-quests to do, and I hope to finish lots of them. (No promises about finishing everything....I'm not ~that~ motivated.) One thing has stuck out since I started playing the game...it was just so dreary for so long. Early on I was missing the option of light-hearted snarkiness that was always available in Dragon Age 2's dialog. But once I found some Daedra quests, I suppose the humor in the game showed up. Still....I feel like the game takes itself awfully seriously.

I like the controls. I've been playing as a strict caster for a while now, and dual-casting with the triggers works well. I've had plenty of reason to get used to a wide variety of my spells (as I can still get quickly trounced by a bear if I don't have stoneflesh up). My in-game wife tanks stuff for me....which I enjoy to no end.

Since the last patch, the game hasn't frozen my xbox at all, which is nice. And I don't feel I've been hearing the same npc comments every few minutes. One down-side....my character's level is approaching 40 right now, and I don't feel like I've had a particularly difficult fight in a while now. I mostly just die when I can't find the archer that has line of sight on me, and two good shots later (without me bothering to heal), I'm down. I can't say I like the Sierra-style 'you can die a lot, then you get to reload and try again.' (Which I contend is why LucasArts won the battle of adventure games.) But without the peril, there wouldn't be any suspense. So I suppose the occasional seemingly-random death is how you keep a player on his/her toes, when the designers don't have a better way to do it.

I dunno, I have mixed feelings about this game. The more I think about it, the less great is seems to me. Yet I'm still putting some time into it each day, working on side quests. I imagine that says something.
  37. Jan 3, 2012
    This game is awesome. There. I said it. Honestly, the levelling system in Oblivion drove me insane. I became so obsessed with levelling my character in the most optimal fashion the game became a chore. Skyrim removed the attributes and made the levelling simpler, which I suppose can be a good or bad thing, depending on how you look at it. It is dumbing it down. Also, its obviously madeThis game is awesome. There. I said it. Honestly, the levelling system in Oblivion drove me insane. I became so obsessed with levelling my character in the most optimal fashion the game became a chore. Skyrim removed the attributes and made the levelling simpler, which I suppose can be a good or bad thing, depending on how you look at it. It is dumbing it down. Also, its obviously made with console in mind. The UI is very console-y, but this is an elder scrolls game, there will be plenty of mods if there aren't already. Expand
  38. Jan 9, 2012
    Skyrim is no doubt an amazing game to any fan of the genre, the fantastic musical pieces accompanied with rich endless lore ontop of incredible graphics and a new 'meaty' combat system. Immersion is simple, and after only a couple of hours playing most fans will be completely in sync with the storyline and the feeling of absolute power their hero contains within this world. Combat feelsSkyrim is no doubt an amazing game to any fan of the genre, the fantastic musical pieces accompanied with rich endless lore ontop of incredible graphics and a new 'meaty' combat system. Immersion is simple, and after only a couple of hours playing most fans will be completely in sync with the storyline and the feeling of absolute power their hero contains within this world. Combat feels much 'smoother' than it did in the previous game, each sword blow and fireball hit actually feel like they are making an impact, although far from being a perfect system it is undoubtedly an improvement from the previous installment. However seemingly hastily put together 'Finisher' shorts can sometimes make you feel amazing for beheading a bandit or owning a spider, but other times the buggy scenes can ruin an otherwise fun fight, the apparent randomness of the finishers also does not help as it detracts from the feeling of 'Look, i just did that'.

Within conversations your choices feel more like they actually contribute towards a larger goal, no longer is it "Cool response A" or "Cool response B" many of your choices help immerse yourself with your own character and sometimes contain ingame consequences which is a vitally important part of any RPG. But these game altering choices are few and far between, and more than often your decision on what to say barely alters the conversation at all. Conversation branches which lead to side quests are quite obviously placed making the 'Lore geeks' somewhat disapointed at the apparent lack of rewards from exhausting each topic within a conversation.

The A.I is vastly improved with npc's now being able to complete more tasks at once making even small villages thrive with activity, Even small npc's with no real connection to major storylines can become lovable characters simply due to their voices, mannerisms, dispositions etc. So much goes on at any given time within main cities players may often feel overwhelmed. However although this A.I is definately an improvement, it is by no means perfect, A.I bugs are still commonplace with npc's running around areas when a clear route is available, dragons bugging out mid-air and your horse deciding to go on a killing spree in the middle of a village, alongside the inevitable bugs with npc's that are commonplace in every TES game these annoyances can very easily ruin immersion and make short of a play session.

The 'Talent Tree' system although initially i cringed at the thought of, is very well put together and allows you to shape your character into the warrior/mage/rogue or any hybrid between you wish him to be allowing the feel of specializing into the area you prefer, while still being able to chop and change as you go along with relative ease.

Quality over Quantity is a issue to raise, with hundreds of miscellanious quests existing all over the world, but with many of them feeling poorly put together and non-urgent, some would argue that not being forced or pressured to do a quest is a good thing but i feel a quest where i have to go and clear out a crypt or clean up some bandits is not as good if the guy handing me the quest does not care if i do it now or in 3 weeks. Even the guild quests do not 'feel' right, although many of the quests are amazing and the guilds themselves full of vibrant individuals once you have finished that story arch the world does not feel particulary affected by your struggles, par maybe passing comments from strangers.

On the other hand there are the occassional quests which come with the feel of 'awesomeness' bundled in and the development of seemingly simple quests into epic missions, the main story itself is quite well put together with a feeling of urgency while at the same time being able to be completed whenever.

Overall the game was beautifully put together with the music and combat offering particular enjoyment for me personally, definately worth a go from any fans of rpg but make sure to set aside many hours of your life to battle dragons and save the world. pretty buggy but bugs can be easily fixed so im not to concerned about that, if the game has any major flaw, it's that once you hype something up as much as this it becomes very hard for the real thing to live up to expectations.
  39. MW3
    Jan 19, 2012
    i want to buy thi s game it looks awesome but this isnt what im here for .. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE STOP ONLINE PIRACY ACT PASSED (SOPA) ?????? bcause if it did say goodbye to youtube facebook google wikipedia and other cool websites idk if xbox live and PSN will be affected.
  40. Jan 28, 2012
    I agree with many people on here, this is the best game I have ever played. I have sunk almost a 100 hours into the game and I still have not been to every location. The games graphics are beautiful, the game play is outstanding, the storyline for all the quests is captivating. And the achievements while not being to challenging give you plenty to do. This is in my opinion the best game ofI agree with many people on here, this is the best game I have ever played. I have sunk almost a 100 hours into the game and I still have not been to every location. The games graphics are beautiful, the game play is outstanding, the storyline for all the quests is captivating. And the achievements while not being to challenging give you plenty to do. This is in my opinion the best game of the year easily and one of the best games I have ever played. Expand
  41. Feb 5, 2012
    Elder Scrolls V Skyrim is easily the best single player experience of the year. Instead of being confined to one class, your able to try everything before you find something that suits your play style. Skyrim even throws you in the middle of a civil war allowing you to pick either side or even stay neutral and take on the dragon threat. The only things that prevents this game getting aElder Scrolls V Skyrim is easily the best single player experience of the year. Instead of being confined to one class, your able to try everything before you find something that suits your play style. Skyrim even throws you in the middle of a civil war allowing you to pick either side or even stay neutral and take on the dragon threat. The only things that prevents this game getting a perfect ten was the huge amount of bugs the game had, it was easily one of the glitchiest games of the year. Expand
  42. Jan 30, 2012
    Too many dungeons and random dragon in counters, if not for that this game would be perfect xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  43. Feb 5, 2012
    This game is definitely GOTY for me. There is so much to do in Skyrim. There is a main quest, four major factions (Companions, College of Winterhold, Thieves Guild, and Dark Brotherhood), a civil war in which you can take sides in and take forts, some minor factions (Blades, Greybeards, etc.), numerous side quests, and tons of misc quests. What is so amazing is so much of these 100s ofThis game is definitely GOTY for me. There is so much to do in Skyrim. There is a main quest, four major factions (Companions, College of Winterhold, Thieves Guild, and Dark Brotherhood), a civil war in which you can take sides in and take forts, some minor factions (Blades, Greybeards, etc.), numerous side quests, and tons of misc quests. What is so amazing is so much of these 100s of hours you'll be paying the game are so enjoyable. Technically, the game is fantastic as well. The game crashed on me two times and I ran into only a couple glitches (amazingly) during my 200+ hour play though. I am planning on playing it again and again. In short, it's a fantastic game that anyone with a console or PC should get their hands on. Preferably PC for the mods :) Expand
  44. Feb 6, 2012
    What a bug-fest. Average game at best. Like anything else coming from Bethesda though. The game looks ugly, the gameplay is kinda ok, but not really my thing, the bugs though made me give up after only a couple of hours of gameplay.
  45. Feb 6, 2012
    Finally completed all the main story-lines, daedra quests, factions and the majority of side-quests etc. Overall a true masterpiece of a game, in my opinion greatly improved on Oblivion which was an amazing game. Bethesda did very well here and hopefully they will release some form of DLC to improve a almost perfect game.
  46. Feb 6, 2012
    This game is one of the best games of all time, of al time. I don't normally play RPGs in fact i didn't like fallout 3 but this is amazing go buy it now.
  47. Feb 17, 2012
    gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooodd lol
  48. Apr 15, 2012
    Without a doubt the best game ever made . It stand s out from the rest in a crowded market (and its even better on PC).Buy it and you wont be disappointed.
  49. Apr 2, 2012
    Amazing game one of the best RPGs I have played in a really long time a lot better then Oblivion and on par with Morrowind and I don't know if its better then Arena or Daggerfall but an overall enjoyable game
  50. Jul 30, 2012
    this game is good love it it first bought it i was like oh my god fuking cool i did not stop playing the few bugs in it that kinda sucked but loved it
  51. Dec 3, 2012
    Ok I will keep this short because I will go on a rant if I don't. First of all Oblivion is one of my favourite games of all time and to see me to find this game OK and, most of the time, HATE really baffles me, the problem is I don't know why I dislike it. I always seem to go from 'this game is ok' to 'bloody hell am I bored' and this is weird because it has great graphics and a simple andOk I will keep this short because I will go on a rant if I don't. First of all Oblivion is one of my favourite games of all time and to see me to find this game OK and, most of the time, HATE really baffles me, the problem is I don't know why I dislike it. I always seem to go from 'this game is ok' to 'bloody hell am I bored' and this is weird because it has great graphics and a simple and fun upgrade system and combat system. I guess it is very dull compared to the previous game graphics wise as the characters and scenery are really gritty and realistic compared to when they were simple and not realistic in the last game. The missions are go to point A to point B but it was like that in oblivion, but I really enjoyed it in that game, maybe it is the feeling of 'been there done that'. Bottom line I have played this game and completed it completely once and I will not go back, the reason I am giving this game this score is because I hope to actually enjoy it is the long run because I love oblivion, fallout 3 and new vegas. 5/10 (also there are no gates of oblivion so that's a plus) Expand
  52. Jul 17, 2012
    The open world in Skyrim is amazing, and so is the complexity of many other minor characters. There are so many directions you can go in developing your character, and Skyrim allows you to be a character who is good, bad, or somewhere in between. All three options have benefits. The load time on this was incredibly, INCREDIBLY slow, frequently a minute or more from just passing through aThe open world in Skyrim is amazing, and so is the complexity of many other minor characters. There are so many directions you can go in developing your character, and Skyrim allows you to be a character who is good, bad, or somewhere in between. All three options have benefits. The load time on this was incredibly, INCREDIBLY slow, frequently a minute or more from just passing through a door. Also, in my one run through the game (which is probably 60 or 70 hours of gameplay) I was stopped temporarily because of a glitch that I had to find a solution for online. Barring these limitations of the game, this is a phenomenal roleplaying game, and I would recommend it to anyone. Expand
  53. May 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Featuring the same kind of thrilling freedom of choice The Elder Scrolls series is known for along with beautiful visuals and a stirring soundtrack, playing Skyrim is a rare kind of intensely personal, deeply rewarding experience, and one of the best role-playing games yet produced. Expand
  54. Jun 5, 2013
    The game is beautiful. The art design, the world-it is all beautiful. And huge. And immersive. The world feels lived in. You ran across a small village in the middle of nowhere and you talk to a woodcutter and he tells you about his life and his terrible wife. You talk to his wife and she'll go on about her good for nothing husband. I found myself wanting to know more about the lives ofThe game is beautiful. The art design, the world-it is all beautiful. And huge. And immersive. The world feels lived in. You ran across a small village in the middle of nowhere and you talk to a woodcutter and he tells you about his life and his terrible wife. You talk to his wife and she'll go on about her good for nothing husband. I found myself wanting to know more about the lives of these insignificant people in the game. These are people who have no role in any storyline through the games many many storylines. But they are there and they have a story to tell. It does so much to make the game feel like a real place.

Now, for the one reason this game doesn't get a 10/10 in my opinion. No memorable characters. Yes, there are plenty characters and they feel like real people in this world but there are no characters that you really care about. That is the one way this game could have been the best gaming experience I've ever had. But unfortunately no. That being said though I played this game for over 60 hours. It is worth getting and obsessing over.
  55. Feb 8, 2013
    The leveling system in this game is absolutely horrible. As you level up, enemies around you also power up. This leads to the feeling that no matter how much effort you put into your character, you're never making any progress.
  56. Sep 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Empire of Tamriel is on the edge. The High King of Skyrim has been murdered. Alliances form as claims to the throne are made. In the midst of this conflict, a far more dangerous, ancient evil is awakened. Dragons, long lost to the passages of the Elder Scrolls, have returned to Tamriel. The future of Skyrim, even the Empire itself, hangs in the balance as they wait for the prophesized Dragonborn to come; a hero born with the power of The Voice, and the only one who can stand amongst the dragons. Expand
  57. Dec 1, 2013
    If this game isn't a perfect 10, then I don't know what is.
    By far the best game I have ever experienced.
    The large open world is endless, the number of side quests are endless and the enjoyment is endless! The story-lines (yes, many more than one) are unbelievable and draw hundreds of hours of your free time. A definite buy, and if you decide to buy any other game than trust me, it's
    If this game isn't a perfect 10, then I don't know what is.
    By far the best game I have ever experienced.
    A definite buy, and if you decide to buy any other game than trust me, it's a waste of your money.
  58. Dec 24, 2013
    There's simply no other fantasy game that comes close to being as engaging, fun and jaw droppingly deep as Skyrim.

While I'm actually hugely disappointed with the entire dragon mechanic, meaning the fights are not exciting at all and there's nothing different about them compared to fighting any other hostile creature. Closing the oblivion gates was far more exciting. Having said that

Having said that most of the best quests are to be found off the beaten path and away from the story mode and to that end, one of the finest fantasy RPGs ever made.
  59. Dec 28, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece. It's not perfect since there are a few technical problems like glitches and crashes. The melee combat is also nothing more than decent and third person combat is awful. There is also some grinding for gear in this game and the main story is a let down, specifically the last few parts of it. Despite all of this, this game is one of the best this consoleThis game is a masterpiece. It's not perfect since there are a few technical problems like glitches and crashes. The melee combat is also nothing more than decent and third person combat is awful. There is also some grinding for gear in this game and the main story is a let down, specifically the last few parts of it. Despite all of this, this game is one of the best this console generation has to offer.

This game's art direction is drop dead gorgeous and the world is so well developed and jaw dropping that it sucks you in from the beginning. This game is very immersive and full of fun missions, locales and characters. This game has some of the most odd and interesting characters, deep lore, tons of beautiful and deep caves and locales to explore. It has a wide variety of fun enemies to fight including dragons and trolls. Some of the side quests, the thieves guild quest and dark brotherhood quest are all extremely fun with great stories and make up for the main story. The magic combat and bow and arrow combat are fun make up for the lackluster melee combat. This game is not a great RPG since there are really no choices to make that have significantly different outcomes and the rpg elements are more streamlined but this isn't so bad since it opens up the genre to more people. Despite being an average rpg, skyrim is an epic and wonderful action/adventure experience that every gamer should go through.

Its is a testament to open world games since not only is it's world huge, but it is also full of excellent and fun content. This game is so many cities, towns, dungeons and other excellent locales to visit and play in that it can be overwhelming sometimes. It's terrain ranges from snowy mountains to large cites and deep caves. It should last you over a 100 hours of very high quality entertainment.
  60. Dec 28, 2013
    Truly one of the greatest video games of all times. Skyrim is complete with an epic story line, terrifying monsters and enemies, incredible visuals and an overall fantastic experience, making it a timeless masterpiece.
  61. Jan 27, 2014
    Skyrim is a masterpiece of gaming, it is on such a scale than is truly awe inspiring. Since it's such a large game I'm going to break it down into each aspect of it, starting with the technical aspects. The game has pretty great graphics, but the draw distance isn't great, and some textures leave a lot to be desired. But on the whole it is very graphically impressive, I'd even say someSkyrim is a masterpiece of gaming, it is on such a scale than is truly awe inspiring. Since it's such a large game I'm going to break it down into each aspect of it, starting with the technical aspects. The game has pretty great graphics, but the draw distance isn't great, and some textures leave a lot to be desired. But on the whole it is very graphically impressive, I'd even say some parts are spectacular. The game runs smoothly and rarely has frame-rate issues, but there are long loading times and they are very frequent, which isn't a huge deal but it does break up the fun and make it a little tedious. The interface and HUD are okay, the HUD is nice and minimal, showing off the beautiful game world, but the menus could you some refinement. The world design is one of the games strongest aspect, there are nine holds and they are on a grand scale and are well fleshed out. You have forests and snowy mountains and frozen swamps, there is a great diversity in the world design. On a smaller scale the level design is less fleshed out, interiors are nicely done and have a good atmosphere, but dungeons are crypts while creepy at first, get repetitive. Onto gameplay now; for Bethesda games, the gameplay has always been on the back-burner. The combat system leaves much to be desired, though it is more varied than the older Elder Scrolls games, it is still boring and stiff. There are no strong or quick attacks, no parry's or dodges or rolls, there is blocking and power attacks, but honestly the close combat leaves alot to be desired. If you mix this with ranged attacks it feels less repetitive. The range attacks and weapons don'f fair much better, the bows are nice, but the system doesn't have any substance, it has no meat. The same thing with the spells, they are better varied but feel old and stale after a while. While the skill trees add cool things to it, the combat system feels floaty and weightless, certainly not a strong point, but passable. Onto the storyline, the storyline is made strong not by being clever or original, but by having so many aspects and things going on that it feels like a real world. The main storyline was disappointing to me, it was okay length, but I just wasn't blown away at all. The civil war storyline is good and I like the premise, but my main complaint with the civil war is that it never feels like there's a war going on. There's never any battles or any evidence of the fighting, this could have been developed much better. The faction quests, are like the main story, just disappointing, not much to say about it at all, just could have been better. It may have sounded like I hated the game, but I only really pointed out the negative, the positives far out-way the the negatives, and this is a great game which is a must-buy. Expand
  62. Jan 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. skyrim is an amazing game with all the dragons and freewill in the world. its a big game so there are bound to be a few bugs like people on your team attacking u for no sudden reason and sometimes mouths moving when no one is talking. but overall its a rpg game which I love and has hundreds of hours sticking to the main missions, but overall amazing game. Expand
  63. Apr 12, 2014
    You know,all the time i've searched for great games,they only come up with good or bad games
    but this game manages to heal that wound and make you feel more fun
    This game is like the best RPG Game Ever
    I did not actually enjoy morrowind that much but this is amazing!! i love it like this it has a great replayability
    Just Get This Game Already
  64. Apr 16, 2014
    The game's a bit over-hyped. "Oooh, I can kill dragons simply with my voice" is basically half of what these reviews are saying. The combat is awful, you just stand there, not trying to dodge or anything. You just stand there, swinging or casting away while the enemies feebly try to fight back. The quests are one-in-the-same, kill that, fetch that, and go here are what makes most of theseThe game's a bit over-hyped. "Oooh, I can kill dragons simply with my voice" is basically half of what these reviews are saying. The combat is awful, you just stand there, not trying to dodge or anything. You just stand there, swinging or casting away while the enemies feebly try to fight back. The quests are one-in-the-same, kill that, fetch that, and go here are what makes most of these quests. Daedric items suck if you're high-level and Combat with dragons is unbalanced at high-levels. They just fly, doing tons of damage while you shoot at them with a meekly bow. The graphics look awful and the guilds are not that original. It barely alludes choice, just by making you choose what to say. No matter what, the same outcome happens either way. Even with all the patches, it's a chuttering mess. Expand
  65. Apr 10, 2014
    This actually is a mustplay! BEst RPG ever. It has some bugs but they are most of all funny and laughy. JUst play it! youll have lots of fun. Thats go
  66. Mar 11, 2014
    I have spent over 100 hours playing this game, and the time was worth it. The game kicks ass. With its beautiful graphics, great combat mechanics, lots of creative content, and DRAGONS! You have yourself a game of the year. It is a masterpiece! Best one in the series! Hell, one of the best free roam RPGS i have ever played! I would recommend this game to everyone. When you here the wordI have spent over 100 hours playing this game, and the time was worth it. The game kicks ass. With its beautiful graphics, great combat mechanics, lots of creative content, and DRAGONS! You have yourself a game of the year. It is a masterpiece! Best one in the series! Hell, one of the best free roam RPGS i have ever played! I would recommend this game to everyone. When you here the word Skyrim, yell "FosroDAH!" Game of the year for me. Final Verdict:10/10! A true elite title! Expand
  67. Apr 13, 2014
    I like how the world of Skyrim looks as your character is exploring the huge icy wastelands. I played as a Bosmer with illusion and necromancer skills. Then I leveled up my pickpocket skills that it allowed me to steal armor from the guards and unsuspecting enemies. I also liked the music as my character explored but I never liked the fight music. It never felt inspiring like the actionI like how the world of Skyrim looks as your character is exploring the huge icy wastelands. I played as a Bosmer with illusion and necromancer skills. Then I leveled up my pickpocket skills that it allowed me to steal armor from the guards and unsuspecting enemies. I also liked the music as my character explored but I never liked the fight music. It never felt inspiring like the action music in Mass Effect. The main story was not interesting at all compared to Oblivion. I never felt like what side I choose in the beginning of the game mattered. The guild missions were too short and boring. The voice acting was terrible. The dual spell casting was good it seemed like that was borrowed from the Bioshock games. I liked Skyrim but I liked the Fallout games and Oblivion:The Elder Scrolls better they have more deeper stories and a better worlds to explore. Expand
  68. Jun 28, 2014
    I honestly feel like this is the most overrated game of the last 5 or so years. I played it for a week(about 15 hours of gameplay) and it just wasn't enjoyable and it didn't draw me in at all. I remember playing Fallout 3 for the first time back in 2010 and it drew me in the first couple hours. For me Fallout 3 and New Vegas is just so much more fun to play. It has insane weapons, coolI honestly feel like this is the most overrated game of the last 5 or so years. I played it for a week(about 15 hours of gameplay) and it just wasn't enjoyable and it didn't draw me in at all. I remember playing Fallout 3 for the first time back in 2010 and it drew me in the first couple hours. For me Fallout 3 and New Vegas is just so much more fun to play. It has insane weapons, cool atmosphere, huge world, and an overall a more interesting and appealing ambiance to the Fallout franchise. The only thing Skyrim has going for it is the dragons and graphics in my opinion. Other than that the quests, characters, setting, enemies, and ESPECIALLY combat is boring to me. I do not understand how so many people can play this game for 100+ hours and not get bored out of their mind. Oh and the reason why I compared this Elder Scrolls game to Fallout is because they share some similar qualities and they are made and or published by Bethesda. Expand
  69. Nov 1, 2014
    First let me start with saying that Skyrim's combat is sh*t. It takes away the feeling that you are developing a character, that you help contribute to your character, that this is Your character. I am talking about investing points into Agility and seeing your character hit more often, those sort of things that create attachment to the game. Skyrim lacks the attachment part because asFirst let me start with saying that Skyrim's combat is sh*t. It takes away the feeling that you are developing a character, that you help contribute to your character, that this is Your character. I am talking about investing points into Agility and seeing your character hit more often, those sort of things that create attachment to the game. Skyrim lacks the attachment part because as long as You have the skills, You can do anything (from picking master locks, to hitting every time with the bow) which leaves you without a reason to care for this world, no attachment...

In Skyrim earlier perks completely say 'FU' to the difficulty and the need of finding better gear by giving you more damage, less mana requirements for spell usage (some perks are good).

Why Morrowind is better: from finding your own way via reading the journal, to more interesting architecture, more diverse and interesting locations, better made dungeons, better weapons, armor and loot, loot with value (for example glass or daedric loot was nearly impossible to sell due to its high value (1 daedric bolt is 4000 gold!)), more diverse and interesting magics, better and deeper stories, harder and more interesting puzzles (lockpicking was level based and if your Security skill was low forget about lvl100 Master locks unless with a magic scroll), harsher consequences for your actions and therefore more choices (you can kill anyone for example plot characters rendering the main plot impossible to complete unless you reloaded a save or found some other way; also NPCs were interesting because you could do more with them - if you were to increase the disposition of an NPC and your Personality was high enough you might find newer quests for example and new dialog. NPCs would offend you if they didnt like you and shopkeepers wont barter with you if you had items they disapproved like Skooma; if you had no stamina and were under attack you would fall to the ground unable to act until some stamina comes back).
  70. Mar 24, 2014
    Bethesda made the revolutionary 1990 open world game "The Terminator", which was pretty much GTA III with crappy graphics and such an overlooked masterpiece. In 1996 they made the revolutionary game " The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall" which features thousands of towns and hundreds of thousands of NPCs (random & procedural generation). "The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind" (2002) was anotherBethesda made the revolutionary 1990 open world game "The Terminator", which was pretty much GTA III with crappy graphics and such an overlooked masterpiece. In 1996 they made the revolutionary game " The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall" which features thousands of towns and hundreds of thousands of NPCs (random & procedural generation). "The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind" (2002) was another classic. Finally, this game. Skyrim is the product of decades of advances in virtual worlds, the evolution of video games almost seems like a miracle. Todd Howard is a genius. Expand
  71. Apr 4, 2014
    Skyrim, the Predecessor of The Elder Scrolls Online and the successor to Oblivion is in.. I don't know where to begin! The map will keep you occupied for hours upon hours on either your PC, XBox 360 or PS3, it doesn't matter WHAT you have, nothing can stop you from having the best time in a video game. In the far future, we will look back at thou masterpiece and thou will worship till thou's ends!
  72. Apr 7, 2014
    I should say what an amazing game this is. Bethesda really did the job in this one. It's a really fascinating game. You can explore the world, kill animals, and do quests. The graphics surprised me as well. But the thing that bother me is because there are a couple of bugs that are still unpatched unnoticeably. Some people are still exploiting glitches and bugs, and are just reallyI should say what an amazing game this is. Bethesda really did the job in this one. It's a really fascinating game. You can explore the world, kill animals, and do quests. The graphics surprised me as well. But the thing that bother me is because there are a couple of bugs that are still unpatched unnoticeably. Some people are still exploiting glitches and bugs, and are just really annoying. But, by all the beautiful scenery and the AIs implemented to this great game, this game deserves a 9 metascore. Great job. Expand
  73. Apr 12, 2014
    Personally, I thoroughly enjoyed the game that much i still play it today, combat is amazing, armor and weapons are amazing, so is shouts. i give this game 10/10 because it was an amazing experience.
  74. Jul 5, 2014
    This game is good, but Oblivion was better. Guilds: in Skyrim - 1-hour crappy dull quests, in Oblivion - those quests are large and interesting(i love the final quest of the Thieves Guild). Main Quest - dull in both games. Gameplay - well, in Skyrim your weapon and armor are unbreakable, but auto-leveling are better, BUT. Dragons are too weak, and why the hell you can't block with dualThis game is good, but Oblivion was better. Guilds: in Skyrim - 1-hour crappy dull quests, in Oblivion - those quests are large and interesting(i love the final quest of the Thieves Guild). Main Quest - dull in both games. Gameplay - well, in Skyrim your weapon and armor are unbreakable, but auto-leveling are better, BUT. Dragons are too weak, and why the hell you can't block with dual weapons? World: in Skyrim there are big pretty world... without any quests. Just ugly caves.
    Skyrim is a good game, but a **** sequel.
  75. Nov 14, 2014
    Fantastic game. In my top 3 games of all time. The world scale, skills, spells, story, vista views, and music score add up to a game no one should miss regardless of platform.
    Get this game and every official DLC. You will spend 100s of hours immersed in the world of northern Tamriel and thoroughly enjoy it.
  76. Apr 18, 2015
    i dont know why people like this game. I mean, it is beautifull and "deep" but the actual gameplay is so slow. The swords feel like they are made of a 1 ton metal or something. The pasing of the game is slow too. You will find yourself more time in loading screens that actually playing. All the caves are the same and all the swords feel the same. Oh and there is no actual challenge, youi dont know why people like this game. I mean, it is beautifull and "deep" but the actual gameplay is so slow. The swords feel like they are made of a 1 ton metal or something. The pasing of the game is slow too. You will find yourself more time in loading screens that actually playing. All the caves are the same and all the swords feel the same. Oh and there is no actual challenge, you can literary complete the game with one hand. the spells are for the most part the same. There is no actual plot to the game. and the "decitions" u make doesnt matter at all. Expand
  77. Nov 5, 2012
    Simply put, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has raised the bar in the RPG genre, offering a plethora of engaging and unique content in one of the most immersive and beautiful game worlds ever created. Plus, any game that uses the word
  78. Feb 14, 2012
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is a magical, overwhelmingly beautiful and engaging gaming experience with some beautiful graphics and a masterpiece soundtrack, let down by some frustrating glitches and bugs. A player can easily put 40+hours into exploration of the world without making much progress in the true 'story' which relates to the return of dragons to the province of Skyrim. There areThe Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is a magical, overwhelmingly beautiful and engaging gaming experience with some beautiful graphics and a masterpiece soundtrack, let down by some frustrating glitches and bugs. A player can easily put 40+hours into exploration of the world without making much progress in the true 'story' which relates to the return of dragons to the province of Skyrim. There are numerous caves, bandit camps, towns and holds (the larger towns) to visit with an exhaustive array of quests to complete and plentiful loot to collect along the way. The levelling system is very well executed and encourages a player to concentrate on one part at a time - ie levelling up conjuration or heavy armour or smithing. Although I have yet to complete the story, I have travelled to every corner of Skyrim (and beyond...) and feel it is time to review. Whilst it will find a place in my heart to be one of my top 5 favourite games ever, there are some minor issues with bugs and glitches, although hopefully with time these will be ironed out. It should be noted that I had never played an Elder Scrolls game before Skyrim, but that didn't prevent me thoroughly enjoying almost every minute of it. Expand
  79. Jun 14, 2015
    Music 10/10 Beautiful, magical, perfectly evolves with the gameplay
    Voice acting 2/10 Awful. Voices don't match the era and style of the game. Conversations sound clunky and unnatural.
    Visuals 9/10 Stunning. Epic landscapes and buildings. People and creatures have lots of attention to detail. Script and story line 5/10 Corny and unoriginal. Not helped by terrible character interaction
    Music 10/10 Beautiful, magical, perfectly evolves with the gameplay
    Script and story line 5/10 Corny and unoriginal. Not helped by terrible character interaction mechanics.
    Weapons and armour 9/10 Huge variety and customisation. Great design and animations.
    Combat 8/10 Varied and exciting. Although the menu system is fiddly.
    Free form play 8/10 Loads of exploration and random world events to keep a wanderer on the road.
  80. Feb 9, 2012
    This game was made with obvious passion. I've never had so much fun sneaking and poking about a world. I don't think it would be possible to make the game better with the current technology.
  81. Mar 18, 2012
    Skyrim was a game I couldn't wait to own. A departure from my staple diet of COD which has left me seeking a new experience & this certainly achieves that. I liked the freedom given to the gamer in Red Dead Redemption which was pure escapism and this does that even more so. Think World of Warcraft for grown ups!
    Skyrim is a beautifully crafted & textured game on so many levels. The
    Skyrim is a beautifully crafted & textured game on so many levels. The intricacy & detail is nothing short of stunning. Little wonder you can immerse yourself for hours in its gorgeous world. From meadows with butterflies to snowy, blizzardy wastes. From castle to vampire's lair. Fabulous changing light & weather all add to the atmospherics here. A rich spectrum of creatures that will happily rip you limb from limb and a powerful array of weaponry & magic to learn & deploy at every opportunity.
    One of the strengths of the game is that it is very lateral & not so linear. Anywhere you can see, you can go. You are not tied to missions, you can roam freely (often at your peril) and it is this kind of exploration that keeps the game fresh and fascinating.
    I cannot really think of anything to criticise about Skyrim and you are guaranteed to have a blast. Ps. - the dragons are spectacular and at times appear out of nowhere to scare the hell out of you.
    Best played at night in the dark!
  82. Dec 4, 2012
    It's a game that you will absolutely lose the time on. I played it for about 8 hours and only felt like 1. It's goddamn great. Graphics, voice acting, story. It's got it all
  83. Nov 17, 2011
    this game is an absolute masterpiece, the most complete game ive ever played. It engrosses you at every level and constantly leaves you breathless. Its not perfect in terms of bugs and glitches, but to be honest, playing on the 360, they dont hinder the experience nearly at all. Ive noticed a lot of complaints that clearly have to do with the PC version on 360 user reviews, please bethis game is an absolute masterpiece, the most complete game ive ever played. It engrosses you at every level and constantly leaves you breathless. Its not perfect in terms of bugs and glitches, but to be honest, playing on the 360, they dont hinder the experience nearly at all. Ive noticed a lot of complaints that clearly have to do with the PC version on 360 user reviews, please be careful, because skyrim has been flawless on my 360 and it doesnt deserve to get its score dragged down by people playing on a different system Expand
  84. Sep 20, 2012
    The best Bethesda game I've ever played. I even ended up completing the main storyline and being how I didn't get far into Oblivion and Fallout 3 before I called it quits that's quite the compliment. The "immersion" of these games isn't quite there yet, but there is improvement little by little as each one of these games gets released. Skyrim was still way too repetitive. The greatestThe best Bethesda game I've ever played. I even ended up completing the main storyline and being how I didn't get far into Oblivion and Fallout 3 before I called it quits that's quite the compliment. The "immersion" of these games isn't quite there yet, but there is improvement little by little as each one of these games gets released. Skyrim was still way too repetitive. The greatest aspect of this game was the soundtrack. Beautiful stuff. Expand
  85. Mar 9, 2012
    I'm writing this review pretty late and you have probably made up your mind about the game so I will just share a spoiler free experience with you that convinced me that this game was well worth the money and definitly with my time.

I'm a level 3 Nord and about 3 quests into the game when this happens. I walk into a village and a strange shadow passes over me. I look around and up

I'm a level 3 Nord and about 3 quests into the game when this happens.

I walk into a village and a strange shadow passes over me. I look around and up into the sky to see nothing. Then the village police draw there bows for no apparent reason. They run behind one of the houses and then you hear it. The dragon roars, and then it gets epic.
    I switch from my sword to my bow and sprint around the house to get my first glimpse of a dragon just toasting these villagers with his breath and I put two arrows in him. He then shoots up into the sky and circles around me.
    The villagers are in a panic and I find myself a soldier among soldiers protecting a town I'm only just discovering from a truly awe inspiring danger. Two minutes and 10 well placed arrows later the dragon plunges to the ground with a crash of dirt and rock and deteriorates in front of my eyes. And I feel like I could conquer the world.
    This wasn't scripted either. These things happen randomly and the number of dragons in the world is infinite.
    It will suck your life away as any Elder Scrolls game worth it's name will but the difference between Oblivion and this is huge. This is one of the best games I have ever played on the Xbox 360 and maybe ever. Check it out if you have the time.
  86. Jan 13, 2013
    if you dont own it get it. just so nice to wander around in and most of what you can see you can get to and explore. load times when opening a door or quick travel can be long but all is forgiven for just such a great game
  87. Apr 19, 2012
    Skyrim: straight to the point it is a good game, you can spend a lot of time just exploring and filling in minor and unrelated quests. However after a 200+ hours it can get a little repetitive and lose its lustre even if you have played a couple of different characters and taken different paths.

That said it is a solid game that is easy to get into and enjoy, while your character does not have a true overall impact on the game world outcomes apart from the main quests there are moments which make you smile. There are some detractions but this is to be expected with a game of this size, glitches are many and annoying at times. The game engine has notable memory lag/leak problems if you enable all auto saves and have too many save files (which can grow to enormous sizes). Load times are just plain embarrassing and get worse as you progress. The so called witty humour deployed by developers at every turn may not seem apparent and will fly over heads of those who have not played the previous elder scrolls games â
  88. Nov 18, 2011
    Quite possibly the greatest game ever made. This isn't goty, this could be game of the freaking decade. I found myself completely immersed in a totally beautiful world with alnost not limits. The skill system is much improved, as you're no longer limited to a single class and simply get skill gains by putting them into practice, which is pretty awesome, not to mention using a spell whileQuite possibly the greatest game ever made. This isn't goty, this could be game of the freaking decade. I found myself completely immersed in a totally beautiful world with alnost not limits. The skill system is much improved, as you're no longer limited to a single class and simply get skill gains by putting them into practice, which is pretty awesome, not to mention using a spell while smashing someone in the face with an axe is pretty damn satisfying. Next up is the story, which is cool, but you can put it on permanent hold if you wish as there are more or less and infinite amount of side-quests to do with alternating storylines. Speech and interaction is better than in oblivion and graphics are far superior too. All in all, 10/10. Expand
  89. Feb 12, 2013
    I will be honest, I began to really hate this game at first. The reason why is the first time I played it, I couldn't complete 1 quest because the 1st enemies were frustratingly hard. I do a simple trick to level up my character, but I still get killed more times than a Call of Duty game. Also, I really hated that friggin' Loading Screen. It takes forever, even when I'm killed all the timeI will be honest, I began to really hate this game at first. The reason why is the first time I played it, I couldn't complete 1 quest because the 1st enemies were frustratingly hard. I do a simple trick to level up my character, but I still get killed more times than a Call of Duty game. Also, I really hated that friggin' Loading Screen. It takes forever, even when I'm killed all the time it takes me back to the Loading Screen. I was seriously about to get my money back....that is till I noticed that there is a Difficulty Setting, I never knew there would be one in a game like this. So I changed it, and now I finally got through the game much better. All I can say is THANK GOD I didn't return it! After completing multiple Quest's and powered up my characters armor and weapons, I became so addicted to the game for hours. The Quest's is great, the Side Quest's are great, the Design is great, the RPG Experience is great, the multiple character classes and stories were great.....everything is absolutely perfect in this game. The only thing that still pisses me off is the Loading Screen. I can understand that it's an Open-World RPG, and the game is HUGE! But still, the loading screen takes forever. Aside from that, this game is absolutely recommendable. If you never played this game yet, GET IT! Just be sure to change the Difficulty Setting just in case you get frustrated like I did. I'm glad I played it and looking forward to play more of it. Expand
  90. Apr 9, 2012
    Outstanding, a game you can and will spend hundreds of hours playing, and you can play it any way you want to, first or third person, do you go in stealthily or head first hacking and slashing, do you fight with a mace in one hand and shooting fire out of the other or do you choose the classic sword and shield approach, you can also choose your race and appearance, the leveling up systemOutstanding, a game you can and will spend hundreds of hours playing, and you can play it any way you want to, first or third person, do you go in stealthily or head first hacking and slashing, do you fight with a mace in one hand and shooting fire out of the other or do you choose the classic sword and shield approach, you can also choose your race and appearance, the leveling up system is fantastic, skills increase as you use them, focus on archery and your skill with it will increase, pick a lock and you get better at doing so, and it's just so much fun to play, it's easy to fall into the just one more quest trap because there are just so many of them, seriously almost every character in the game will give you one, this game also has what I personally believe is the biggest open world of all time that's jammed pack with content, and unlike most other open world RPG's this world feels truly alive and is a blast to explore, this game does have some flaws however, it's got quite a few bugs and glitches, the main quest is kind of short I completed it in a little under 17 hours and that was with me completing side quests, exploring, and just goofing around, and it has a kind of disappointing ending, but it's fun and after you complete the main quest you get to keep playing basically forever to complete all the side quests and just have fun, and when I first bought it (the day after it came out) the graphics sucked, but with all the updates from Xbox Live it looks good now, but if your not connected to Xbox Live you'll be playing an ugly game, it doesn't hinder your enjoyment of it, and it may have just been my copy but it's something to consider, but even with it's flaws this is still an outstanding and fun experience that you'll lose yourself in for several days, realize that you've played nonstop for days, grab a snack and jump right back into it for several days more, your truly getting more than your moneys worth, so go out and buy this, you wont be disappointed. Expand
  91. Jan 9, 2013
    Why does this game get a 10 from me? Well to make a long review short; it has everything I want in a game. Great story, versatile gameplay, freedom of choice, doesn't get easily bored and so much more. I have yet to play a game that gives me the same exiting feeling every time I play it, especially after the amount of hour's I have played it (at least 300 hours). I only have it on theWhy does this game get a 10 from me? Well to make a long review short; it has everything I want in a game. Great story, versatile gameplay, freedom of choice, doesn't get easily bored and so much more. I have yet to play a game that gives me the same exiting feeling every time I play it, especially after the amount of hour's I have played it (at least 300 hours). I only have it on the xbox, but I'm planing to buy it for my pc as well. My sister say's it's a lot better there, especially when it comes to graphics. Expand
  92. X11
    Feb 21, 2012
    Do I even need to say anything about this game? No. Nope I don't think so. Attempting to put it into words would be foolish, foolish I say. Ehem. 10/10.
  93. Nov 18, 2011
    Where most games give you 6-7 hours of playtime, Skyrim gives you 50+. The world is breathtaking, the myriad of caves, ruins and various dungeons are interesting to explore, many with small quests or story behind them. The graphics are excellent, especially when exploring the open world, which is huge, bigger than both oblivion and fallout. Quests vary in length, and are far easier toWhere most games give you 6-7 hours of playtime, Skyrim gives you 50+. The world is breathtaking, the myriad of caves, ruins and various dungeons are interesting to explore, many with small quests or story behind them. The graphics are excellent, especially when exploring the open world, which is huge, bigger than both oblivion and fallout. Quests vary in length, and are far easier to find than in previous games. Every detail has been considered, every pillar of the game is solid, combat is rewarding, the world is vibrant and interesting, the monsters, locations and quests are all varied and interesting, and the enemies scale just enough so its not too hard or too easy, but you still feel powerful at higher levels.The sheer number of quests and locations is mind boggling, Ive been playing for at least 30 hours and there is still so much to do! If your an RPG fan, then this game is the definition of the genre. Expand
  94. Mar 7, 2012
    The black man is not your enemy. The Muslim is not your enemy. The Iranian is not your enemy. If the TV or movies tells you that someone is bad, think twice. Countries in 2010 that do not have a Jew controlled central bank were Sudan, Cuba, North Korea, Libya and Iran. Countries in 2012 that do not have a Jew controlled central bank are Sudan, Cuba, North Korea and Iran. Who is next? AllThe black man is not your enemy. The Muslim is not your enemy. The Iranian is not your enemy. If the TV or movies tells you that someone is bad, think twice. Countries in 2010 that do not have a Jew controlled central bank were Sudan, Cuba, North Korea, Libya and Iran. Countries in 2012 that do not have a Jew controlled central bank are Sudan, Cuba, North Korea and Iran. Who is next? All races must unite to pull the leech from our skin. Divided we will fall. Expand
  95. Mar 6, 2012
    WOW! This game rocks! I fell in love with Oblivion and Skyrim blows this away. When I first started playing bit I wasn't sure I would like it because of the stark landscape. Once I adjusted my XBOX settings to the xxy... etc. the graphics popped. The gameplay is top notch though! I am waiting for a Steam deal and I will buy it for my Alienware as well. I think you could play it 8 or 10WOW! This game rocks! I fell in love with Oblivion and Skyrim blows this away. When I first started playing bit I wasn't sure I would like it because of the stark landscape. Once I adjusted my XBOX settings to the xxy... etc. the graphics popped. The gameplay is top notch though! I am waiting for a Steam deal and I will buy it for my Alienware as well. I think you could play it 8 or 10 times with a new experience. Bethesda is one of the greatest game comnpanies of all time. I hope they never lose their identity or style. This is a must buy for any RPG fan. Expand
  96. Mar 11, 2012
    Skyrim is a flawed masterpiece - a game that stands above far more perfect games in it's ambition. Most games lose some of their shine as they hit the 3rd or 4th in the series. What makes skyrim an exception? Elder scrolls started with an ambition, and with each game they take one step closer toward it. To create an interesting 'world' that a player will want to explore every inch of. AndSkyrim is a flawed masterpiece - a game that stands above far more perfect games in it's ambition. Most games lose some of their shine as they hit the 3rd or 4th in the series. What makes skyrim an exception? Elder scrolls started with an ambition, and with each game they take one step closer toward it. To create an interesting 'world' that a player will want to explore every inch of. And betheda are world builders like literally no other company on the planet. In this specific case, evolving a single cause creates a progressively more awe inspiring outcome. Skyrim is filled with quality content. Sometimes a short cave, sometimes a 2 hour journey into the heart of a unexpected tale. You never know what will lie around the next corner. And unlike all the previous elder scrolls game, this content is now more varied, more interesting, and more attached to story. And while skyrim never reaches some of the peaks in oblivion, and some of the world building imagination of morrowind - the consistency of it's high quality content - dwarfs those two games combined. Skyrim is magical, it's exciting, it's sweeping, it's majestic, and sometimes it's mundane. It's a fantasy life. And it's got 500,000 game bugs. I play skyrim, with it's 500,000 game bugs, and I enjoy it immeasurably more than games that are flawless and clean, and bug free. Because those games don't feel like realizing a grand dream. They feel like games. Expand
  97. Jun 20, 2012
    This game is great, in almost every aspects. One negative point of the game is the nearly-dull-and-generic character, we can hardly find any noticeable character with memorable characteristics. But overall, if you are RPG fans, this is the MUST-HAVE game. Pay attention a little to your health since this game can force you stuck in it for endless hour without resting!
  98. Mar 28, 2012
    This is the first Bethesda game that I have played all the way through and I must say that I believe this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship! The scale of this game is mind blowing! 100 hours in and I STILL have not completed a multiple factions. While the graphics are a little rough sometimes, none of that matters as you find yourself more concerned with your character and othersThis is the first Bethesda game that I have played all the way through and I must say that I believe this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship! The scale of this game is mind blowing! 100 hours in and I STILL have not completed a multiple factions. While the graphics are a little rough sometimes, none of that matters as you find yourself more concerned with your character and others that roam the world of Skyrim. It is no surprise that this won Game of the Year. It is OFFICIALLY THE BEST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED. Expand
  99. Jul 31, 2012
    Bethesda really know how to make games don't they? A fantastic masterpiece of art that I firmly believe will last through generations. To get the negatives out of the way, my only complaint is that the story does not feel as personal as Oblivion, and I can relate to the characters and the world better in Oblivion than Skyrim. Nevertheless, the blindingly beautiful visuals, the brilliantBethesda really know how to make games don't they? A fantastic masterpiece of art that I firmly believe will last through generations. To get the negatives out of the way, my only complaint is that the story does not feel as personal as Oblivion, and I can relate to the characters and the world better in Oblivion than Skyrim. Nevertheless, the blindingly beautiful visuals, the brilliant combat system that allows epic battles to take place, and the interesting quests make this game a milestone in modern gaming. Expand
  100. Oct 30, 2013
    The fifth entry in The Elder Scrolls, Skyrim, is far from perfect but it is impossible not to award a game with such epic ambition at least nine out of ten.

Anyone that has played any of the previous entries in the series, or either of the most recent Fallout games for that matter, will know what to expect. This time around however things have been taken to a whole other level with a free to explore game world of caverns, fortresses and villages full of all manner of creatures and secrets. It is quite possible to play for hours and end up with more quests on the 'to do' list than when you started.
    Combat, while still a long way behind the best in the action genre has also been improved with players free to use swords, axes, bows as well as a whole host of different types of magic. The much hyped Dragon battles make very good use of these different options even if they do become a little repetitive when faced with the twentieth almost identical winged beast (although they never become as dull as the Oblivion gates from the previous entry in the series).

Yes the game is full of bugs, none game breaking that I encountered, and the loading times between some areas are still too long but any faults are easy to ignore when immersed in arguably the most complete fantasy world in video game history.

1. Feb 6, 2012
    This epic role-playing game might be Bethesda's best game yet, and offers an unique and spectacular world filled with fun. The freedom ensures a great experience for both the casual and hardcore gamer, as you're free to play the game how you like.
  2. Dec 16, 2011
    Skyrim is the largest, and most compelling work that I've had the opportunity to play this year. It's engaging, engrossing, and will take over your gaming life for many months to come. Not only is Skyrim among the best that 2011 has to offer, but for me, this is, without hesitation, the Game of the Year.
  3. Dec 16, 2011