8.4

1. Dec 8, 2011
    took me a while to get it, but I can now say that despite the weird game mechanics, and many strange flaws in this game, this is probably the best game ever made. If you are like I was, and you think its really boring and pointless, just keep playing it. Eventually the world of Skyrim will open up to you, and video gaming will never be the same.
  2. Nov 19, 2011
    Great, concept and a potential masterpiece!

Great quests! oh wait.. alot of them don't work Great GUI.. oh wait.. its crap on the PC (dont release for a platform that you don't intend to focus on Great PS3 Experience.. oh wait.. memory leaks forced me to return it for the PC version Great open world.. yes actually All in all.. this is the concept.. or well.. it is the first beta
    Great, concept and a potential masterpiece!

Great quests! oh wait.. alot of them don't work

Great open world.. yes actually

All in all.. this is the concept.. or well.. it is the first beta release of a great game that the developers didn't bother to finish.. and it's a damn shame.. it could be so great. I wish that Bethesda had any form of pride in the products they release and don't just dump a frustrating pile of crap on their users. Original grade.. 9, 8 for craploads of buggy quests, 7 since the PS3 version has so bad memory leaks its hard to play, 6 since the PC gui is just a **** port from the console version with clunky controls, 5 since riding and everything else in the game is half unfinished and for all the random crashes.

Such a shame
  3. Mar 3, 2012
    As entertaining as it is, Skyrim has to be one of the most overrated games to come out of 2011. It's nothing more than a Fallout game with pretty scenery, dragons and a little more depth within the game. Don't get me wrong - I had fun! However, to say it's "the best RPG ever" is an insult to the many good RPG's out there. It's got an absolutely fantastic soundtrack that compliments theAs entertaining as it is, Skyrim has to be one of the most overrated games to come out of 2011. It's nothing more than a Fallout game with pretty scenery, dragons and a little more depth within the game. Don't get me wrong - I had fun! However, to say it's "the best RPG ever" is an insult to the many good RPG's out there. It's got an absolutely fantastic soundtrack that compliments the exploration of the amazing world Bethesda created. Unfortunately, the game feels a little too similar to everything else that Bethesda churn out and the constant glitching-although fun-takes you out of the immersive experience. Deserving of a 6, but nothing more. Expand
  4. Jan 10, 2012
    A great experience if you like crafting and traveling in marvelous countrysides.If you look for a real deep story and to interact with NPC, don't buy this game.
  5. Mar 7, 2014
    An absolutely spell-binding RPG that holds your attention through hundreds of hours of game time. The visuals are incredible and varied, the soundtrack is second to none, and the controls and combat are tight and balanced between the various styles available to the player. Never before have I played a game that I thought I could lose myself in like this one. Bethesda has recaptured whatAn absolutely spell-binding RPG that holds your attention through hundreds of hours of game time. The visuals are incredible and varied, the soundtrack is second to none, and the controls and combat are tight and balanced between the various styles available to the player. Never before have I played a game that I thought I could lose myself in like this one. Bethesda has recaptured what they had in Morrowind and lost in Oblivion, and that is an environment and social structure that exist quite independent of your adventuring and advancing.
    This is a game where you are most fulfilled when you slow down, take the time to look around, and realize you are in another world that lives and breathes on it's own without you. (Metaphorically, it is still fake and they are still just AI.)
    I have only two issues and one fear related to this game.
    1. The infinite missions this game was hyped to have are mostly endlessly performing mundane tasks for various guilds that have no additional storyline once you complete the main one for that group. It would be like me endlessly giving you a grocery list with the same items on it and saying that I was giving you an endless variety of chores.
    2. The good old Bethesda bug machine keeps on rolling right along, crashing sporadically. Go 8 hours crash, go 30 minutes crash, fail to boot up, go 30 hours, crash. They must come up with some patches to stabilize this game and this is the sole reason I gave it a 9 and not a 10. This type of poor code writing should not be glazed over anymore!
    And finally, I have a fear that if they choose to remove anything else from this game for the next installment, less will start to become less. They did a wonderful job of trimming the fat from Oblivion, but anymore and this won't be an RPG for long.
    A brilliant game that only the serious gamer should undertake, otherwise you'll only be frustrated that you don't have enough time.
  6. Feb 10, 2012
    Skyrim was fine. It was great. It was the best game I've played in years. And then I foolishly accepted this 1.4 update to my xbox360... and then the game went haywire. Now things are disappearing all over the place at random times including me. For example, I can hear my wife talking to me but I can't see her. And then she reappears. Sometimes the front door of my house is blackSkyrim was fine. It was great. It was the best game I've played in years. And then I foolishly accepted this 1.4 update to my xbox360... and then the game went haywire. Now things are disappearing all over the place at random times including me. For example, I can hear my wife talking to me but I can't see her. And then she reappears. Sometimes the front door of my house is black and I can't exit. Things will disappear as I'm looking at them. These are just the tip of the iceberg... Oh yeah, I'd say about 40% of the time when I go through a door and it normally auto-saves... it will just freeze and I have to hard boot the xbox. This kind of thing was happening a bit when I first got the game a couple of months ago but after a few updates things got better so I figured this update would continue in that direction. Boy, was I wrong !

Until Bethesda fixes this (assuming they will) the game is basically ruined for me. :x Anybody else?
  7. Dec 14, 2011
    I have never played such a broken unplayable game in my life! I was only able to play the game for 4 hours (on xbox 360), but within that time all I saw were glitches, confusing ineterfaces, and zero direction. They don't even tell you how to play, so I wasted 20 minutes getting frustrated trying to get out of the area where you create your character! Once I finally found my way, every.I have never played such a broken unplayable game in my life! I was only able to play the game for 4 hours (on xbox 360), but within that time all I saw were glitches, confusing ineterfaces, and zero direction. They don't even tell you how to play, so I wasted 20 minutes getting frustrated trying to get out of the area where you create your character! Once I finally found my way, every. single. enemy was frozen! Everyone stood still, even as I hacked at them with my sword. Elk were rigid and still in the forest, travelers weren't traveling, just standing around, and nobody in the first town could move. I restarted the game, which got them moving, but the glitches didn't end there. The game is a bore when working, but not even fun to laugh at the rest of the time. If it works I could see why people enjoy it, but Bethesda has really messed up this time. How could they release such a mess? Expand
  8. Nov 19, 2011
    so i must admit this has got to be one of the best games I've ever played it exceeded my expectations greatly when i first got it i thought it was gonna be iffy but this actually turned out to be awesome i would highly recommend it to anyone over 10
  9. Nov 26, 2011
    When I went to GameStop, bought The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and put it into my Xbox 360 disc drive, I was really excited. I thought, this is going to be one hell of an epic game! It turns out, it was not. From the minute I started the campaign, I thought, "The graphics aren't nearly as good as they were hyped up to be." It felt like all the quests were just "Talk to Grumio," "Talk toWhen I went to GameStop, bought The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and put it into my Xbox 360 disc drive, I was really excited. I thought, this is going to be one hell of an epic game! It turns out, it was not. From the minute I started the campaign, I thought, "The graphics aren't nearly as good as they were hyped up to be." It felt like all the quests were just "Talk to Grumio," "Talk to Isabella," "Talk to Grumio again," "Fetch this object," "Go back to Grumio," and so on. It's not the kind of game I thought it would be. It's not the kind of game where you do all the exploring. A lot of times, you have to rely on game guides or online Elder Scrolls Wikia pages, etc. The Radiant Quest System, as well as the AI, isn't nearly as intelligent as it seems on paper. If they added online multiplayer and made this one of the first console MMORPG's, I would love Bethesda. I still love Bethesda, but this isn't the kind of game that keeps your excited if you spend hours on end with the game. That's what I did, and it just made me get bored and realize how overrated the game is. Even more so perhaps than CoD. Expand
  10. Feb 5, 2012
    SKYRIM is an amazingly open, free, and epic game. The graphics are of a good style and direction is consistent, but with enough variation to keep things interesting. As an RPG, many of it's systems work great - the level up and scaling system in this game is vastly improved over OBLIVION. The world begs to be explored and although the combat is no more impressive than many other RPGsSKYRIM is an amazingly open, free, and epic game. The graphics are of a good style and direction is consistent, but with enough variation to keep things interesting. As an RPG, many of it's systems work great - the level up and scaling system in this game is vastly improved over OBLIVION. The world begs to be explored and although the combat is no more impressive than many other RPGs (many RPGs have lackluster combat, including this one), the loot system and dungeons are fun and more varied than OBLIVION. Some things I found unpleasant about SKYRIM included the lack of ability to create custom spells, as in OBLIVION. I feel as though this is restrictive to mages. Additionally, there are less spells available in this game than there are in OBLIVION, which also put me off when it comes to mages. Further, although the crafting systems of blacksmithing and enchanting are wonderful ideas, these systems are poorly executed. It is not that the systems don't work well or aren;t satisfying in their own right, but rather that these skills are simply GAMEBREAKING in the worst way. Maxing the skills of blacksmithing and/or enchanting allow the player to create weapons and armor better than any that can be found through loot and in many cases even quests throughout the game. Mastering these skills will in fact make your character so strong that the game will be ruined regardless of difficulty setting. The brokenness of this game in its various forms is why i must rate this game low overall. Up to level 20-30 I played a stealth archer. I did NOT invest in blacksmithing or crafting at all, and yet by level 30-35 i was able to one-hit nearly any enemy with the exception of boss creatures and dragons, all while remaining completely undetected. I stopped playing at this point and did not even finish the main quest. The game was ruined for me. Although i felt powerful and the path towards levels 30-35 was fun and engaging, I quickly became so powerful that the game did not require me to think or strategize at all any more, killing the fun factor completely. In short, the skills of stealth(when combined with archery in particular), blacksmithing, and enchanting so grossly overpowered overpowered within the gameworld that the already lackluster combat becomes entirely boring, leaving no reason to play. Additionally, since weapons and armor can be crafted that exceed the most powerful that can be found naturally in the game, there is no reason to explore dungeons or even attempt to seek better equipment. This game had lots of promise, but is too easily broken by basic game mechanics intended to improve the gameplay. Expand
  11. Jan 19, 2012
    I traded in my PS3 copy for the xbox copy. I The game is extremely easy. You can easily kill everything in the game. The AI is horrible. The bugs are very annoying, but not quite broken like the PS3 version. I am sorry that I went through all of the trouble and expense to play this game.
  12. Dec 16, 2011
    Boring. And old news. I honestly feel like I'm playing oblivion with a graphics update, and DLC. In terms of looks, the game looks pretty good, not the best I've seen though. Bethesda has this bad problem with ground textures overlapping each other and I see that quite a bit in skyrim. Secondly, the voice acting is done really well, but there are only about 5 voice actors from what I canBoring. And old news. I honestly feel like I'm playing oblivion with a graphics update, and DLC. In terms of looks, the game looks pretty good, not the best I've seen though. Bethesda has this bad problem with ground textures overlapping each other and I see that quite a bit in skyrim. Secondly, the voice acting is done really well, but there are only about 5 voice actors from what I can hear. The quests get boring and repetitive and you level up far too quickly. The perks system though, is perfect. The 3 person fighting looks amazing, especially compared to oblivion and morrowind. The combat system is by far the best RPG combat system I've played. You can do a full 360 sword spin and kill everyone around you, and the more you use your weapons, the better it feels to use them. Sprinting feels natural, and not some kind of awkward clunky movement like in MW2/3. The reason I give this game a 5/10, is because of the repetitiveness of the quests, and general story. And on top of that, every time I battle a dragon, it feels the same. He flies up, breathes fire/ice, lands, and repeat. NPC bugs everywhere, much like oblivion and morrowind. and of course, jumping is still clunky. Expand
  13. Jan 18, 2013
    This game is impossible to beat. I have tried multiple times to get past the opening sequence and keep getting killed by some firebreathing mofo that appears our of the sky. There is no good way to pick up weapons in this hurried up version of "get the hell out of here". And my character keeps getting charbroiled like a hamburger on a George Forman Grill, sealing in the flavor and not theThis game is impossible to beat. I have tried multiple times to get past the opening sequence and keep getting killed by some firebreathing mofo that appears our of the sky. There is no good way to pick up weapons in this hurried up version of "get the hell out of here". And my character keeps getting charbroiled like a hamburger on a George Forman Grill, sealing in the flavor and not the fat. As far as this game goes I would have to say that it sucks "Goat Scroats" in the same fashion that Ruxin from the Leauge believes that Dre Town sucks "Goat Scroats". In conclusion, I'm glad this game came free with my system purchase because if I had laid down the $59.99 for it, I would probably hang myself from the nearest non-dragon charred tree. Expand
  14. Nov 1, 2014
    First let me start with saying that Skyrim's combat is sh*t. It takes away the feeling that you are developing a character, that you help contribute to your character, that this is Your character. I am talking about investing points into Agility and seeing your character hit more often, those sort of things that create attachment to the game. Skyrim lacks the attachment part because asFirst let me start with saying that Skyrim's combat is sh*t. It takes away the feeling that you are developing a character, that you help contribute to your character, that this is Your character. I am talking about investing points into Agility and seeing your character hit more often, those sort of things that create attachment to the game. Skyrim lacks the attachment part because as long as You have the skills, You can do anything (from picking master locks, to hitting every time with the bow) which leaves you without a reason to care for this world, no attachment...

In Skyrim earlier perks completely say 'FU' to the difficulty and the need of finding better gear by giving you more damage, less mana requirements for spell usage (some perks are good).

Why Morrowind is better: from finding your own way via reading the journal, to more interesting architecture, more diverse and interesting locations, better made dungeons, better weapons, armor and loot, loot with value (for example glass or daedric loot was nearly impossible to sell due to its high value (1 daedric bolt is 4000 gold!)), more diverse and interesting magics, better and deeper stories, harder and more interesting puzzles (lockpicking was level based and if your Security skill was low forget about lvl100 Master locks unless with a magic scroll), harsher consequences for your actions and therefore more choices (you can kill anyone for example plot characters rendering the main plot impossible to complete unless you reloaded a save or found some other way; also NPCs were interesting because you could do more with them - if you were to increase the disposition of an NPC and your Personality was high enough you might find newer quests for example and new dialog. NPCs would offend you if they didnt like you and shopkeepers wont barter with you if you had items they disapproved like Skooma; if you had no stamina and were under attack you would fall to the ground unable to act until some stamina comes back).
  15. Nov 13, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's 2011 and Skyrim suffers from all the bugs and glitches we got in the previous game, as well as the Fallout games. NPC's being half in the terrain are common as are game crashes on fast travelling. The graphics are also barely above Oblivion.

And while the game itself is fun, the main quest is the same tired "prisoner must save the world" we got before, coupled with endless fetch quests. The game also fails to deliver on it's enviroment, some areas are basically the arctic of our world, yet NPC's are running around in dresses or less.

Sorry Beth, it's 2011 and it's time you were held to a higher standard.
  16. Nov 13, 2011
    Basically the game is not as good as Oblivion and in some ways Morrowind. I really don't know if they intended to dumb it down or what but Skyrim is a bit of a turd and doesn't stand out from another other rpg.
    - Perks used to be embedded in the skill and automatically apply once you reach a certain level. This embedded system is better because your perks are not limited by the max level of the game.
    - Removal of Acrobatics and Athletics is terrible. I used to have so much fun building these skills up and then running around the world like super man.
    - Removal of spell crafting. I really don't how being able to combine and experiment with magic as if it is this fluid and living energy is "spreadsheety" and "less magical" than buying simplistic spells from a merchant. Seriously, what was Bethesda thinking with this one? Make it a DLC plz!
    - Combat. I used to be able to quickly swap between 8 different weapons or spells. Sure now i can have two out at the same time but switching to other things is a huge pain. It is just plain terrible.
    - Combat. due to "Reload" time when swapping spells I often end up throwing a damn punch instead of casting. Terrible.
    - The snowy wasteland is terrible. In Fallout I get it but don't turn our beautiful elderscrolls world into a foggy, white wasteland. The lack of visibility and visual interest does not entice me to explore.
    - The early story seems to progress too quickly. killing certain large prominent enemies occurs too soon.
    - also one hour into the game people already recognize who i am. that just feels fake and ruins the "realism" of the game.
    - The horse can't walk backwards (or i haven't found the button to do this) so irritating.
    - The quests are nothing new.
  17. Jan 21, 2012
    The hours of gameplay left me dissapointed really. I cant see how can someone be entertained by doing the same routine over and over and over again. Everything is repetetive in this game, and it gets repetetive so quickly. The most fun I had was in the first 3-5 hours when I created my character, explored the map a little and made few quests.
  18. Feb 16, 2012
    Game looks good and plays awsome. The real killer is the amount of bugs in the game. They are everywhere and you will experience them no matter what. They have released a few patches but it has not helped at all. Go into this game very carefully. Dark Souls beat this game by a mile for GOTY.
  19. Nov 20, 2011
    Most people I know are talking about this game as if it is Heaven on a Disc,
    So I tried Skyrim just to see what all the hype is about,
    And I found it to be a complete mess, it was boring, overated, and had extremely annoying controls,
    I do not see any reason why someone should pay money for something like this.
  20. Nov 14, 2011
    Not that well designed. Graphics are a minor upgrade from Oblivion. Textures are bad, see glitches everywhere. People I've killed have hovered above me in mid-air, and continued to blink. Seems like minor stuff they missed, but it makes the world of difference. Wish they had QA'd it first, before they released it to the mass public, looking to make a quick dollar.
  21. Nov 20, 2013
    I wrote a negative review when this game first came out but decided to play Oblivion and then go back to Skyrim and give it another try. It was a much better experience the second time around. All my issues with this game were resolved by playing Oblivion and getting a reference point. The only real issue I have is the slow loading screens and the rather brief main story but other thanI wrote a negative review when this game first came out but decided to play Oblivion and then go back to Skyrim and give it another try. It was a much better experience the second time around. All my issues with this game were resolved by playing Oblivion and getting a reference point. The only real issue I have is the slow loading screens and the rather brief main story but other than that it is a pretty good game, not as great as the critics say but still quite good. My sincere apologies. Expand
  22. Nov 22, 2011
    Pour kickinit525 : J'ai pas aimé la jouabilité de Skyrim alors 0/10 ^^ et oui ! Désolé mais bon ce type m'a tellement soulé ... enfin bref avec tous les pro-machin ou truc sa deviens horrible ce genre de site.
  23. Feb 2, 2012
    Skyrim looks marvellous, the attention to detail is nothing short of jaw-dropping, the landscape and sheer scale is a phenomenal achievement. It's a real shame then that this game fails in every other aspect. I won't bother going into the plethora of bugs and glitches that infect this game, because they've already been documented many many times by other more notable reviewers. Let's startSkyrim looks marvellous, the attention to detail is nothing short of jaw-dropping, the landscape and sheer scale is a phenomenal achievement. It's a real shame then that this game fails in every other aspect. I won't bother going into the plethora of bugs and glitches that infect this game, because they've already been documented many many times by other more notable reviewers. Let's start with the basic difficulty.... there is none. This game is an interactive story, nothing more than that, there is NO challenge here at all. I began my personal Skyrim adventure by increasing my smithing and enchanting skills, my that was boring... I have no idea how many iron daggers I had to make to get smithing up to max. When I did I went off and made the best weapon and best armour in the game and then strolled through the game swatting away enemies like annoying flies. Beating the final boss boiled down to hitting it about 8 times and that was it. The ending is befitting of the game, non-eventful and dull, dull, dull. Some of the dungeons are littered with elaborate traps which at first you feel like you should avoid, but after levelling up a few times you realise that they don't mean anything because you can just run right through them, take the tiny health hit and then simply heal or wait until your health regenerates (not that you'd need to). If you want your hand held whist playing through an interactive story, Skyrim is definitely for you. If you want a challenge and immersion, it most definitely is not. How can you immerse yourself in a game that allows you to simply fast-travel anywhere you've already been, and where you have to wait an age for the loading to finish every time you enter a building?

Sorry Skyrim, you suck. I looked forward to playing you for so long but you've let me down. I'm off to play Dark Souls again instead.
  24. Apr 5, 2016
    Worst videogame EVER made.Boring,graphic is horrible,on 360 Gamma rate is so low that in the "game day" is darker than the "non-in game night"without any tube of lighter on the road...
    framerate too low compared to other REAL action game in first or third person...
    TOO MUCH BUGGED!! Story boring,secondary quest EVEN MORE boring... And,TOO MUCH EASY,absolutely any other challenge is
    TOO MUCH BUGGED!!
    Story boring,secondary quest EVEN MORE boring...
    And,TOO MUCH EASY,absolutely any other challenge is worther than this,for a gamer tha has played before even one title of the genre...
    Much more a commercial excuse to pull on a franchise enough good already with Oblivion...
    guys wake up!This game is ONE OF THE MAIN REASON for the death of the videogame world of before:game from the Japan.And a game only for REAL FANATIC fans of the Western RPG genre...
    there are much more better Western RPG than this:on this site is impossible to not find something better than this "game"...
    I wonder how is possibile that exist even a person in the world that can find this game playable for more than 5 hours...
  25. Apr 1, 2012
    As a rule i dont give games 0 ratings but if i did this would be one of them. Skyrim was the most overhyped game of all time hands down. Yeah the game looks good and is big which was an almost cert. However the game is broken. The combat doesnt work, it isnt fun to play, its repetitive, i could go on. Ill finish with the game is a buggy piece of crap that needs to be redesigned near enoughAs a rule i dont give games 0 ratings but if i did this would be one of them. Skyrim was the most overhyped game of all time hands down. Yeah the game looks good and is big which was an almost cert. However the game is broken. The combat doesnt work, it isnt fun to play, its repetitive, i could go on. Ill finish with the game is a buggy piece of crap that needs to be redesigned near enough immediatley in order to be as good as it was meant to be Expand
  26. Nov 22, 2011
    Desapontado! Poderia ser bem melhor, gostaria que tivesse chegado ao nível de The Witcher 2, não gostei dos gráficos nem do som, as lutas são enfadonhas!!!
  27. Nov 27, 2011
    Well, I'm enjoying it but shocked at the low resolution, it really looks dated and detracts from the emersion. After Oblivion I was expecting a step up on the graphics but its pretty similar. Should have waited for Borderlands two, the original has far better textuals than this venture.
  28. Nov 13, 2011
    The UI alone makes this game not fun to play. Using gaming console interface cheapened up is bad, but add in the bugs and lack of consistent hot-key saving results in a recurring nightmare.
  29. Nov 14, 2011
    Juego muy completo pero aburrido, extremadamente lento al avanzar y lleno de bugs. La forma de atacar es muy repetitiva y realmente cansina. Las misiones secundarias y el diseño del "mundo", un acierto, eso si.
  30. Jun 26, 2012
    How can anyone not like this game?
    Skyrim incorporates all of the fun elements in RPGs, while leaving behind all the tediousness. It improves on Oblivion in all ways except for the faction mission lines.
  31. Mar 12, 2012
    This is without a doubt the best game released in 2011.

A wonderfully immersive RPG experience; the likes of which have become increasingly rare in the generic, cookie-cutter gaming industry.
  32. Oct 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A magnificent hive of creativity and technical clout, and holds a world so open it frequently threatens to overwhelm. Skyrim is forever charming and consistently engaging, and will carve a completely different adventure for every player put under its dazzling spell. Expand
  33. Jan 5, 2012
    I love this game! A truly massive world that I cannot find in any other game. Its like an MMO except there aren't tens of thousands of mages and warriors running around. Its also a more rewarding experience than an MMO because the story revolves around you. Faces look a little weird. Some NPCs do strange things and combat can feel less intimate than other games. Otherwise I would giveI love this game! A truly massive world that I cannot find in any other game. Its like an MMO except there aren't tens of thousands of mages and warriors running around. Its also a more rewarding experience than an MMO because the story revolves around you. Faces look a little weird. Some NPCs do strange things and combat can feel less intimate than other games. Otherwise I would give this game a straight up 10/10 Expand
  34. Jan 22, 2012
    This game has everything. A virtually unlimited number of quests ranging from the lengthy main quest to the guild quests to a seemingly numerous amount of miscellaneous quests. And I haven't even started talking about the dungeons. The world itself is massive. I've only even neared the edge of the game border once...in all my 60 hours of playing so far! And yet despite its size, it isThis game has everything. A virtually unlimited number of quests ranging from the lengthy main quest to the guild quests to a seemingly numerous amount of miscellaneous quests. And I haven't even started talking about the dungeons. The world itself is massive. I've only even neared the edge of the game border once...in all my 60 hours of playing so far! And yet despite its size, it is packed to the gills with stuff in each individual area of the game world. I can hardly go in one direction for more then a minute without stumbling upon a landmark, be it a miscellaneous quest opportunity and/or a dungeon or some other intriguing pastime. This game has more content then I have seen before...ever. Not even GTA4 came close to this. Each quest has been treated with a level of thought and detail that it hardly ever seems thrown in just for the sake of making the game longer. In each quest (be it main, guild, or miscellaneous) I always meet new characters who are colorful and diverse in personality, and a plot woven delicately enough to keep me engaged all the way through. And then there's the graphics. For the size of the game world, I am amazed to see the level of detail that each individual object of the game has been rendered with. The amount of detail, combined with how much there is detailed, is unbelievable. It has been six years since Oblivion came out, and I can easily believe that Bethesda has spent all that time perfecting every nook and cranny of Skyrim, from the quests to the graphics to the game world itself. This is a must buy, not just for RPG fans, but for any gamer out there. You cannot know what a perfect RPG is until you have played this game. Expand
  35. Jan 23, 2012
    Linear?....yes. Bugged?....yes. Repetitive?.....yes. However despite all the above this game is an absolute classic. The sheer size of the countryside and the fact that each area and character feels and looks different immerses you into the (weak) plot. With a huge number of side quests alongside the main quests and hundreds of different options and paths to choose (although most of theseLinear?....yes. Bugged?....yes. Repetitive?.....yes. However despite all the above this game is an absolute classic. The sheer size of the countryside and the fact that each area and character feels and looks different immerses you into the (weak) plot. With a huge number of side quests alongside the main quests and hundreds of different options and paths to choose (although most of these choices do not seem to change the plot much) be prepared to call work, your friends, your partner and anybody else you know to advise them they may not see you for a while! Expand
  36. Apr 27, 2012
    This game is a true work of art everything about this game is amazing from the stunning graphics to the smooth gameplay and let's not forget the amazing storyline.This is my favourite Installment by far this game is a Masterpiece and a must buy for any rpg fan.
  37. Jun 13, 2013
    While the graphics, story and gameplay are only "good", the world of Skyrim will draw you in. It really is an immersive experience and it's great fun, especially if you're a nerd like me :D perfect example of something being greater than the sum of its parts.
  38. Nov 17, 2011
    Does this game even need a review? Negative reviewers obviously picked this game in response to the buzz this game acquired since it's announcement, and are probably expecting more, yet Skyrim delivers more than just what The Elder Scrolls have been all about. Dig deep into the Skyrim's tremendous world and you'll get your monies worth a thousand times over.
  39. Dec 18, 2014
    The big problem with Skyrim is that while it does contain a lot of hours of gameplay, that gameplay isn't very interesting. No story or characters to care about and all the quests are just fetch quests. Quests just for the purpose of quests isn't my idea of fun. The combat is extremely repetitive for a game that you're supposed to play for hours and hours and hours. There is some fun to beThe big problem with Skyrim is that while it does contain a lot of hours of gameplay, that gameplay isn't very interesting. No story or characters to care about and all the quests are just fetch quests. Quests just for the purpose of quests isn't my idea of fun. The combat is extremely repetitive for a game that you're supposed to play for hours and hours and hours. There is some fun to be had exploring the world and upgrading your character BUT then the longer you play the more bugs start to surface. The one bug that is the worst is the more you play, the more you alter the world, the bigger the save game gets, and the more the game freezes. So even though the world is very big and you have a lot to explore, you can't do it! By the time you explore everything you're savegame is so big that the game keeps freezing and crashing. I played the legendary edition so by now all the updates should have fixed this. Expand
  40. Jan 4, 2012
    A fantastic game without a doubt, but with the bugs and slight lack of polish. This is what hinders its perfection. It is still a highly recommended game
  41. Dec 31, 2011
    While The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim does not revolutionize the RPG genre it sure does bring fresh new content to the table. From epic scenery to ferocious dragon battles. The world of Skyrim left more to desire though, wishing for a more ambient and interactive world to explore. Don't get me wrong the world itself and detail of design of this game is amongst the best I've ever seen theseWhile The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim does not revolutionize the RPG genre it sure does bring fresh new content to the table. From epic scenery to ferocious dragon battles. The world of Skyrim left more to desire though, wishing for a more ambient and interactive world to explore. Don't get me wrong the world itself and detail of design of this game is amongst the best I've ever seen these past years. That's the main reason why I did not give this game a 10/10. Lost 1 point for lack of ambiance amongst the world. Exploring the world itself can take time and not to mention playing on "Master" difficulty will add plenty of hours to main quests and side quests. Whilst playing on anything below "Master" will definitely leave you wanting for more since the main quest is a bit short but can be elongated if the difficulty setting is changed. Then again, there are plenty of other quests the game provides you that will keep you busy through months, that is if you're the perfectionist or adventurer type. There are plenty of crafts to master from smithing to enchanting weaponry. I took another point off due to the basic level up system Skyrim has, while there are a variety of options there's not enough to say it is a true RPG leveling system. It follows more of the likes of Dragon Age, which is simplistic and does not really leave room to create unique characters from pures to hybrids. The giants are stronger than dragons debate I can say it is the difficulty level you're playing and the dragon you're fighting. A regular dragon is amongst the easiest, whilst a frost dragon can 1 hit KO the character. Most of these people complaining about the length obviously didn't take the time to change the difficulty setting of the game and just basically rushed through the main story instead of allowing themselves to enjoy this game. There's tons of books scattered around to collect that provide knowledge of certain areas, characters, history, organizations, and ect that can keep you busy reading if you're the person who enjoys expanding you're knowledge about Skyrim. I have to agree with some people stating some side quests left more to desire and that's another reason why I'm not giving this game a 10/10. About glitches and bugs found in Skyrim, we have to understand this is an open world sand box game so expect plenty of bugs and glitches. There's really nothing game breaking other than some words cannot be learned due to a bug on the game but does not necessarily impair you from completing quests.Overall this game is worth the $60.00 for players who are RPG fans. Many people claim this game is repetitive but which game isn't? FPS games = shoot/mission over/ cinematic/ infiltrate shoot/ mission over/ cinematic. That debate loses plenty of credibility fast as this game provides plenty of other options to keep yourself busy and away from monotonous dungeon clearing. Expand
  42. Dec 31, 2011
    Having put over 100 hours into this game and completed most (if not all) major quest lines, I feel that I can write an honest review about this game. Everyone knows that Skyrim is THE biggest game of the year (fans or haters), there's truly no denying it. Although saying this for myself, I found the game getting extremely boring 40 - 50 hours in. Once the main storyline and the 3 obviousHaving put over 100 hours into this game and completed most (if not all) major quest lines, I feel that I can write an honest review about this game. Everyone knows that Skyrim is THE biggest game of the year (fans or haters), there's truly no denying it. Although saying this for myself, I found the game getting extremely boring 40 - 50 hours in. Once the main storyline and the 3 obvious side lines, the game just becomes too repetitive. All misc missions seem to carry the seem pattern and the dragon attacks, although highly hyped about before the game was released, become extremely annoying and tedious.

Don't get me wrong, the game is simply AMAZING. The wide open world with amazing scenery, interesting stories and awesome combat, I just can't help overlook the flaws of the games. And there are loads. Glitches are really the major enemy of any game of this size. It happened in fallout: New Vegas, it happens in battlefield, it is just something that can't be ignored. I have encountered many glitches in my time playing from minor graphical glitches to game breaking glitches costing me over 5 - 10 hours of game play.

All-in-all, the game is amazing, gets fairly boring quickly and has its fair share of glitches. A definite game to play but just be prepared for it.
  43. Nov 17, 2011
    A total masterpiece!!! There is now a game that not only lives up to the hype that shrouded it since it's announce, it surpasses it above and beyond! You do not only pay for a fantastic game, you pay for an entire world that only exists on the disk!
  44. Apr 4, 2012
    Indeed, a masterpiece of free-form gaming. While the game is not "perfect", it is perfected for the time being. If you haven't gotten it, you own it to yourself to get it and experience the wonderful world BGS has created.
  45. Jan 20, 2012
    Brilliant story, graphics, music and voice acting all come together to make Skyrim one of the best games you will play in a long time, maybe the best you have and will EVER play.
    Even-though the story is great, the gameplay can get just a little repetitive and there can be some very occasional lagging problems although, this does not spoil the overall experience. A must buy for ANY gamer.
  46. Dec 1, 2011
    Absolutely fantastic game, game of the year stuff , of course is not a 10 game because is not perfect, nevertheless this is a must buy game for RPG and medieval fantasy lovers, graphics are beautiful, new combat animations are very cool, environment is outstanding, huge map and tons of gameplay hours. The only complain I've so far is the AI being sometimes stupid and of course the bugs IAbsolutely fantastic game, game of the year stuff , of course is not a 10 game because is not perfect, nevertheless this is a must buy game for RPG and medieval fantasy lovers, graphics are beautiful, new combat animations are very cool, environment is outstanding, huge map and tons of gameplay hours. The only complain I've so far is the AI being sometimes stupid and of course the bugs I just hope they patch them but I understand is not easy to release such a HUGE game without any mistake. Best 2011 game. Expand
  47. Nov 28, 2011
    Not really a fan of Bethesda games, but I must say this game is a must have for all. From the breathtaking scenery to the hilarious glitches that somehow manage to improve your gaming experience (such as the epic troll launch into space, but few not so much). there are however obvious problems with loading time and frame rate, but lets just say its because you can't rush perfection.
  48. Dec 6, 2011
    Skyrim is not without its problems, but most can be overlooked on how immersive and deep this game can be. RPG fan or not, this is definitely a game that every gamer has to experience.
  49. Dec 29, 2011
    If you haven't bought it yet, just do it. This game is absolutely phenomenal. The only problem I had with the game was the pacing. An early part of the main quest asks for you to travel up a mountain to speak to some wizards. There is a frost troll that will 2 shot you at the level the quest is given to you. Immediately after, you are sent to some catacombs with very low level monsters.If you haven't bought it yet, just do it. This game is absolutely phenomenal. The only problem I had with the game was the pacing. An early part of the main quest asks for you to travel up a mountain to speak to some wizards. There is a frost troll that will 2 shot you at the level the quest is given to you. Immediately after, you are sent to some catacombs with very low level monsters. This sort of inconsistency happens frequently. However, this gives you the opportunity to do quests for the various guilds and level up through these side quests. Even if you only complete the quests for one guild, difficulty spikes will not be nearly as obvious. As a result, i would give the game a perfect score, as everything is expertly crafted, and the difficulty of the start of the game nudges you towards even more content. I think this game deserves game of the year, and I think it is well worth the $60 to buy it. Expand
  50. Apr 15, 2012
    The best game ever. Probably.
  51. Dec 22, 2011
    i hate to say it but pcforever had way too many good points...i absolutely love the game i have spent waaaay too much time playing but but like he said..i basically ran through it on auto pilot...didnt have to read a book or listen to an npc i just clicked through the convo raided the cave or dungeon killed everything then proceeded..i actually wanted to give this game a 10 i swear righti hate to say it but pcforever had way too many good points...i absolutely love the game i have spent waaaay too much time playing but but like he said..i basically ran through it on auto pilot...didnt have to read a book or listen to an npc i just clicked through the convo raided the cave or dungeon killed everything then proceeded..i actually wanted to give this game a 10 i swear right hand to god but after reading pcforever's review i actually cant...im not a pc player so graphics a perfect to meand i like the story and i dont know what kind of stuff he was doing but i constantly found myself running out of gold and i had made all daedric armor and weapons early on before 25% of main quest was even done so i needed to buy nothing but houses and crap....definitely cant go without giving this game a playthrough it is an absolute must ....Hopefully the make it a little more interactive in a sense!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  52. Dec 29, 2011
    I think this is one of the masterpieces of 2011, because the world is much bigger than oblivion and the graphics are beautiful. But... the combat is stiff and there are some bugs that not belong in such a game with uch a fan-base
  53. Feb 3, 2012
    This game is a classic. This game never ends which gives me more time to play and enjoy it. Dont buy MW3 Or SCV. This game will pass the time and u will love it. It takes 3000 hours to complete everything which will prob take 12-20 months or even more so ull enjoy it alot. It is worth $60.00
  54. Dec 29, 2011
    Rented this game at redbox, not sure whether I would like it. Within hours I was hooked. I went out and bought it the next day. The graphics are superb, the story line amazing. Game of the year in my opinion. Worth every cent.
  55. Feb 6, 2012
    You Can turn into a werewolf and fight Dragons this is a very good game...buy it....now, WEREWOLF FIGHTING DRAGONS PEOPLE!!! Go to a gamestop and buy it already.
  56. Jan 3, 2012
    Despite all the hours I'd put in the previous Elder Scrolls games (especially Daggerfall), I'd yet to finish one. I was pleased to see that this game gave me the momentum I needed to see things through. (Really, the main quest chain isn't very long, so if you're motivated to finish it, you can certainly do it.) Now, I still have plenty of side-quests to do, and I hope to finish lots ofDespite all the hours I'd put in the previous Elder Scrolls games (especially Daggerfall), I'd yet to finish one. I was pleased to see that this game gave me the momentum I needed to see things through. (Really, the main quest chain isn't very long, so if you're motivated to finish it, you can certainly do it.) Now, I still have plenty of side-quests to do, and I hope to finish lots of them. (No promises about finishing everything....I'm not ~that~ motivated.) One thing has stuck out since I started playing the game...it was just so dreary for so long. Early on I was missing the option of light-hearted snarkiness that was always available in Dragon Age 2's dialog. But once I found some Daedra quests, I suppose the humor in the game showed up. Still....I feel like the game takes itself awfully seriously.

I like the controls. I've been playing as a strict caster for a while now, and dual-casting with the triggers works well. I've had plenty of reason to get used to a wide variety of my spells (as I can still get quickly trounced by a bear if I don't have stoneflesh up). My in-game wife tanks stuff for me....which I enjoy to no end.

Since the last patch, the game hasn't frozen my xbox at all, which is nice. And I don't feel I've been hearing the same npc comments every few minutes. One down-side....my character's level is approaching 40 right now, and I don't feel like I've had a particularly difficult fight in a while now. I mostly just die when I can't find the archer that has line of sight on me, and two good shots later (without me bothering to heal), I'm down. I can't say I like the Sierra-style 'you can die a lot, then you get to reload and try again.' (Which I contend is why LucasArts won the battle of adventure games.) But without the peril, there wouldn't be any suspense. So I suppose the occasional seemingly-random death is how you keep a player on his/her toes, when the designers don't have a better way to do it.

I dunno, I have mixed feelings about this game. The more I think about it, the less great is seems to me. Yet I'm still putting some time into it each day, working on side quests. I imagine that says something.
  57. Jan 3, 2012
    This game is awesome. There. I said it. Honestly, the levelling system in Oblivion drove me insane. I became so obsessed with levelling my character in the most optimal fashion the game became a chore. Skyrim removed the attributes and made the levelling simpler, which I suppose can be a good or bad thing, depending on how you look at it. It is dumbing it down. Also, its obviously madeThis game is awesome. There. I said it. Honestly, the levelling system in Oblivion drove me insane. I became so obsessed with levelling my character in the most optimal fashion the game became a chore. Skyrim removed the attributes and made the levelling simpler, which I suppose can be a good or bad thing, depending on how you look at it. It is dumbing it down. Also, its obviously made with console in mind. The UI is very console-y, but this is an elder scrolls game, there will be plenty of mods if there aren't already. Expand
  58. Jan 9, 2012
    Skyrim is no doubt an amazing game to any fan of the genre, the fantastic musical pieces accompanied with rich endless lore ontop of incredible graphics and a new 'meaty' combat system. Immersion is simple, and after only a couple of hours playing most fans will be completely in sync with the storyline and the feeling of absolute power their hero contains within this world. Combat feelsSkyrim is no doubt an amazing game to any fan of the genre, the fantastic musical pieces accompanied with rich endless lore ontop of incredible graphics and a new 'meaty' combat system. Immersion is simple, and after only a couple of hours playing most fans will be completely in sync with the storyline and the feeling of absolute power their hero contains within this world. Combat feels much 'smoother' than it did in the previous game, each sword blow and fireball hit actually feel like they are making an impact, although far from being a perfect system it is undoubtedly an improvement from the previous installment. However seemingly hastily put together 'Finisher' shorts can sometimes make you feel amazing for beheading a bandit or owning a spider, but other times the buggy scenes can ruin an otherwise fun fight, the apparent randomness of the finishers also does not help as it detracts from the feeling of 'Look, i just did that'.

Within conversations your choices feel more like they actually contribute towards a larger goal, no longer is it "Cool response A" or "Cool response B" many of your choices help immerse yourself with your own character and sometimes contain ingame consequences which is a vitally important part of any RPG. But these game altering choices are few and far between, and more than often your decision on what to say barely alters the conversation at all. Conversation branches which lead to side quests are quite obviously placed making the 'Lore geeks' somewhat disapointed at the apparent lack of rewards from exhausting each topic within a conversation.

The A.I is vastly improved with npc's now being able to complete more tasks at once making even small villages thrive with activity, Even small npc's with no real connection to major storylines can become lovable characters simply due to their voices, mannerisms, dispositions etc. So much goes on at any given time within main cities players may often feel overwhelmed. However although this A.I is definately an improvement, it is by no means perfect, A.I bugs are still commonplace with npc's running around areas when a clear route is available, dragons bugging out mid-air and your horse deciding to go on a killing spree in the middle of a village, alongside the inevitable bugs with npc's that are commonplace in every TES game these annoyances can very easily ruin immersion and make short of a play session.

The 'Talent Tree' system although initially i cringed at the thought of, is very well put together and allows you to shape your character into the warrior/mage/rogue or any hybrid between you wish him to be allowing the feel of specializing into the area you prefer, while still being able to chop and change as you go along with relative ease.

Quality over Quantity is a issue to raise, with hundreds of miscellanious quests existing all over the world, but with many of them feeling poorly put together and non-urgent, some would argue that not being forced or pressured to do a quest is a good thing but i feel a quest where i have to go and clear out a crypt or clean up some bandits is not as good if the guy handing me the quest does not care if i do it now or in 3 weeks. Even the guild quests do not 'feel' right, although many of the quests are amazing and the guilds themselves full of vibrant individuals once you have finished that story arch the world does not feel particulary affected by your struggles, par maybe passing comments from strangers.

On the other hand there are the occassional quests which come with the feel of 'awesomeness' bundled in and the development of seemingly simple quests into epic missions, the main story itself is quite well put together with a feeling of urgency while at the same time being able to be completed whenever.

Overall the game was beautifully put together with the music and combat offering particular enjoyment for me personally, definately worth a go from any fans of rpg but make sure to set aside many hours of your life to battle dragons and save the world. pretty buggy but bugs can be easily fixed so im not to concerned about that, if the game has any major flaw, it's that once you hype something up as much as this it becomes very hard for the real thing to live up to expectations.
  59. MW3
    Jan 19, 2012
    i want to buy thi s game it looks awesome but this isnt what im here for .. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE STOP ONLINE PIRACY ACT PASSED (SOPA) ?????? bcause if it did say goodbye to youtube facebook google wikipedia and other cool websites idk if xbox live and PSN will be affected.
  60. Jan 28, 2012
    I agree with many people on here, this is the best game I have ever played. I have sunk almost a 100 hours into the game and I still have not been to every location. The games graphics are beautiful, the game play is outstanding, the storyline for all the quests is captivating. And the achievements while not being to challenging give you plenty to do. This is in my opinion the best game ofI agree with many people on here, this is the best game I have ever played. I have sunk almost a 100 hours into the game and I still have not been to every location. The games graphics are beautiful, the game play is outstanding, the storyline for all the quests is captivating. And the achievements while not being to challenging give you plenty to do. This is in my opinion the best game of the year easily and one of the best games I have ever played. Expand
  61. Feb 5, 2012
    Elder Scrolls V Skyrim is easily the best single player experience of the year. Instead of being confined to one class, your able to try everything before you find something that suits your play style. Skyrim even throws you in the middle of a civil war allowing you to pick either side or even stay neutral and take on the dragon threat. The only things that prevents this game getting aElder Scrolls V Skyrim is easily the best single player experience of the year. Instead of being confined to one class, your able to try everything before you find something that suits your play style. Skyrim even throws you in the middle of a civil war allowing you to pick either side or even stay neutral and take on the dragon threat. The only things that prevents this game getting a perfect ten was the huge amount of bugs the game had, it was easily one of the glitchiest games of the year. Expand
  62. Jan 30, 2012
    Too many dungeons and random dragon in counters, if not for that this game would be perfect xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  63. Feb 5, 2012
    This game is definitely GOTY for me. There is so much to do in Skyrim. There is a main quest, four major factions (Companions, College of Winterhold, Thieves Guild, and Dark Brotherhood), a civil war in which you can take sides in and take forts, some minor factions (Blades, Greybeards, etc.), numerous side quests, and tons of misc quests. What is so amazing is so much of these 100s ofThis game is definitely GOTY for me. There is so much to do in Skyrim. There is a main quest, four major factions (Companions, College of Winterhold, Thieves Guild, and Dark Brotherhood), a civil war in which you can take sides in and take forts, some minor factions (Blades, Greybeards, etc.), numerous side quests, and tons of misc quests. What is so amazing is so much of these 100s of hours you'll be paying the game are so enjoyable. Technically, the game is fantastic as well. The game crashed on me two times and I ran into only a couple glitches (amazingly) during my 200+ hour play though. I am planning on playing it again and again. In short, it's a fantastic game that anyone with a console or PC should get their hands on. Preferably PC for the mods :) Expand
  64. Feb 6, 2012
    What a bug-fest. Average game at best. Like anything else coming from Bethesda though. The game looks ugly, the gameplay is kinda ok, but not really my thing, the bugs though made me give up after only a couple of hours of gameplay.
  65. Feb 6, 2012
    Finally completed all the main story-lines, daedra quests, factions and the majority of side-quests etc. Overall a true masterpiece of a game, in my opinion greatly improved on Oblivion which was an amazing game. Bethesda did very well here and hopefully they will release some form of DLC to improve a almost perfect game.
  66. Feb 6, 2012
    This game is one of the best games of all time, of al time. I don't normally play RPGs in fact i didn't like fallout 3 but this is amazing go buy it now.
  67. Feb 17, 2012
    gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooodd lol
  68. Apr 15, 2012
    Without a doubt the best game ever made . It stand s out from the rest in a crowded market (and its even better on PC).Buy it and you wont be disappointed.
  69. Apr 2, 2012
    Amazing game one of the best RPGs I have played in a really long time a lot better then Oblivion and on par with Morrowind and I don't know if its better then Arena or Daggerfall but an overall enjoyable game
  70. Jul 30, 2012
    this game is good love it it first bought it i was like oh my god fuking cool i did not stop playing the few bugs in it that kinda sucked but loved it
  71. May 24, 2012
    Quite simply, the finest sandbox RPG to ever be created. Everything about it hits top marks. The scope and size of the world, its great graphics and draw distance. The massive amount of locations, cities, dungeons, quests. You can literally play this game for years and still uncover new areas. Amazing leveling up system which allows you to completly customise your character to however youQuite simply, the finest sandbox RPG to ever be created. Everything about it hits top marks. The scope and size of the world, its great graphics and draw distance. The massive amount of locations, cities, dungeons, quests. You can literally play this game for years and still uncover new areas. Amazing leveling up system which allows you to completly customise your character to however you like to play, so many different combinations of skills means you can easily restart as a different type of character and its a whole new game, No game comes close except Oblivion and the Fallout 3's but if you like RPG's i would imagine you've already played and loved those games. Expand
  72. Dec 3, 2012
    Ok I will keep this short because I will go on a rant if I don't. First of all Oblivion is one of my favourite games of all time and to see me to find this game OK and, most of the time, HATE really baffles me, the problem is I don't know why I dislike it. I always seem to go from 'this game is ok' to 'bloody hell am I bored' and this is weird because it has great graphics and a simple andOk I will keep this short because I will go on a rant if I don't. First of all Oblivion is one of my favourite games of all time and to see me to find this game OK and, most of the time, HATE really baffles me, the problem is I don't know why I dislike it. I always seem to go from 'this game is ok' to 'bloody hell am I bored' and this is weird because it has great graphics and a simple and fun upgrade system and combat system. I guess it is very dull compared to the previous game graphics wise as the characters and scenery are really gritty and realistic compared to when they were simple and not realistic in the last game. The missions are go to point A to point B but it was like that in oblivion, but I really enjoyed it in that game, maybe it is the feeling of 'been there done that'. Bottom line I have played this game and completed it completely once and I will not go back, the reason I am giving this game this score is because I hope to actually enjoy it is the long run because I love oblivion, fallout 3 and new vegas. 5/10 (also there are no gates of oblivion so that's a plus) Expand
  73. Jul 17, 2012
    The open world in Skyrim is amazing, and so is the complexity of many other minor characters. There are so many directions you can go in developing your character, and Skyrim allows you to be a character who is good, bad, or somewhere in between. All three options have benefits. The load time on this was incredibly, INCREDIBLY slow, frequently a minute or more from just passing through aThe open world in Skyrim is amazing, and so is the complexity of many other minor characters. There are so many directions you can go in developing your character, and Skyrim allows you to be a character who is good, bad, or somewhere in between. All three options have benefits. The load time on this was incredibly, INCREDIBLY slow, frequently a minute or more from just passing through a door. Also, in my one run through the game (which is probably 60 or 70 hours of gameplay) I was stopped temporarily because of a glitch that I had to find a solution for online. Barring these limitations of the game, this is a phenomenal roleplaying game, and I would recommend it to anyone. Expand
  74. May 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Featuring the same kind of thrilling freedom of choice The Elder Scrolls series is known for along with beautiful visuals and a stirring soundtrack, playing Skyrim is a rare kind of intensely personal, deeply rewarding experience, and one of the best role-playing games yet produced. Expand
  75. Feb 8, 2013
    The leveling system in this game is absolutely horrible. As you level up, enemies around you also power up. This leads to the feeling that no matter how much effort you put into your character, you're never making any progress.
  76. Sep 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Empire of Tamriel is on the edge. The High King of Skyrim has been murdered. Alliances form as claims to the throne are made. In the midst of this conflict, a far more dangerous, ancient evil is awakened. Dragons, long lost to the passages of the Elder Scrolls, have returned to Tamriel. The future of Skyrim, even the Empire itself, hangs in the balance as they wait for the prophesized Dragonborn to come; a hero born with the power of The Voice, and the only one who can stand amongst the dragons. Expand
  77. Dec 1, 2013
    If this game isn't a perfect 10, then I don't know what is.
    By far the best game I have ever experienced.
    The large open world is endless, the number of side quests are endless and the enjoyment is endless! The story-lines (yes, many more than one) are unbelievable and draw hundreds of hours of your free time. A definite buy, and if you decide to buy any other game than trust me, it's
    If this game isn't a perfect 10, then I don't know what is.
    By far the best game I have ever experienced.
    A definite buy, and if you decide to buy any other game than trust me, it's a waste of your money.
  78. Dec 24, 2013
    There's simply no other fantasy game that comes close to being as engaging, fun and jaw droppingly deep as Skyrim.

While I'm actually hugely disappointed with the entire dragon mechanic, meaning the fights are not exciting at all and there's nothing different about them compared to fighting any other hostile creature. Closing the oblivion gates was far more exciting. Having said that

Having said that most of the best quests are to be found off the beaten path and away from the story mode and to that end, one of the finest fantasy RPGs ever made.
  79. Dec 28, 2013
    This game is a masterpiece. It's not perfect since there are a few technical problems like glitches and crashes. The melee combat is also nothing more than decent and third person combat is awful. There is also some grinding for gear in this game and the main story is a let down, specifically the last few parts of it. Despite all of this, this game is one of the best this consoleThis game is a masterpiece. It's not perfect since there are a few technical problems like glitches and crashes. The melee combat is also nothing more than decent and third person combat is awful. There is also some grinding for gear in this game and the main story is a let down, specifically the last few parts of it. Despite all of this, this game is one of the best this console generation has to offer.

This game's art direction is drop dead gorgeous and the world is so well developed and jaw dropping that it sucks you in from the beginning. This game is very immersive and full of fun missions, locales and characters. This game has some of the most odd and interesting characters, deep lore, tons of beautiful and deep caves and locales to explore. It has a wide variety of fun enemies to fight including dragons and trolls. Some of the side quests, the thieves guild quest and dark brotherhood quest are all extremely fun with great stories and make up for the main story. The magic combat and bow and arrow combat are fun make up for the lackluster melee combat. This game is not a great RPG since there are really no choices to make that have significantly different outcomes and the rpg elements are more streamlined but this isn't so bad since it opens up the genre to more people. Despite being an average rpg, skyrim is an epic and wonderful action/adventure experience that every gamer should go through.

Its is a testament to open world games since not only is it's world huge, but it is also full of excellent and fun content. This game is so many cities, towns, dungeons and other excellent locales to visit and play in that it can be overwhelming sometimes. It's terrain ranges from snowy mountains to large cites and deep caves. It should last you over a 100 hours of very high quality entertainment.
  80. Dec 28, 2013
    Truly one of the greatest video games of all times. Skyrim is complete with an epic story line, terrifying monsters and enemies, incredible visuals and an overall fantastic experience, making it a timeless masterpiece.
  81. Jan 27, 2014
    Skyrim is a masterpiece of gaming, it is on such a scale than is truly awe inspiring. Since it's such a large game I'm going to break it down into each aspect of it, starting with the technical aspects. The game has pretty great graphics, but the draw distance isn't great, and some textures leave a lot to be desired. But on the whole it is very graphically impressive, I'd even say someSkyrim is a masterpiece of gaming, it is on such a scale than is truly awe inspiring. Since it's such a large game I'm going to break it down into each aspect of it, starting with the technical aspects. The game has pretty great graphics, but the draw distance isn't great, and some textures leave a lot to be desired. But on the whole it is very graphically impressive, I'd even say some parts are spectacular. The game runs smoothly and rarely has frame-rate issues, but there are long loading times and they are very frequent, which isn't a huge deal but it does break up the fun and make it a little tedious. The interface and HUD are okay, the HUD is nice and minimal, showing off the beautiful game world, but the menus could you some refinement. The world design is one of the games strongest aspect, there are nine holds and they are on a grand scale and are well fleshed out. You have forests and snowy mountains and frozen swamps, there is a great diversity in the world design. On a smaller scale the level design is less fleshed out, interiors are nicely done and have a good atmosphere, but dungeons are crypts while creepy at first, get repetitive. Onto gameplay now; for Bethesda games, the gameplay has always been on the back-burner. The combat system leaves much to be desired, though it is more varied than the older Elder Scrolls games, it is still boring and stiff. There are no strong or quick attacks, no parry's or dodges or rolls, there is blocking and power attacks, but honestly the close combat leaves alot to be desired. If you mix this with ranged attacks it feels less repetitive. The range attacks and weapons don'f fair much better, the bows are nice, but the system doesn't have any substance, it has no meat. The same thing with the spells, they are better varied but feel old and stale after a while. While the skill trees add cool things to it, the combat system feels floaty and weightless, certainly not a strong point, but passable. Onto the storyline, the storyline is made strong not by being clever or original, but by having so many aspects and things going on that it feels like a real world. The main storyline was disappointing to me, it was okay length, but I just wasn't blown away at all. The civil war storyline is good and I like the premise, but my main complaint with the civil war is that it never feels like there's a war going on. There's never any battles or any evidence of the fighting, this could have been developed much better. The faction quests, are like the main story, just disappointing, not much to say about it at all, just could have been better. It may have sounded like I hated the game, but I only really pointed out the negative, the positives far out-way the the negatives, and this is a great game which is a must-buy. Expand
  82. Jan 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. skyrim is an amazing game with all the dragons and freewill in the world. its a big game so there are bound to be a few bugs like people on your team attacking u for no sudden reason and sometimes mouths moving when no one is talking. but overall its a rpg game which I love and has hundreds of hours sticking to the main missions, but overall amazing game. Expand
  83. Apr 12, 2014
    You know,all the time i've searched for great games,they only come up with good or bad games
    but this game manages to heal that wound and make you feel more fun
    This game is like the best RPG Game Ever
    I did not actually enjoy morrowind that much but this is amazing!! i love it like this it has a great replayability
    Just Get This Game Already
  84. Apr 16, 2014
    The game's a bit over-hyped. "Oooh, I can kill dragons simply with my voice" is basically half of what these reviews are saying. The combat is awful, you just stand there, not trying to dodge or anything. You just stand there, swinging or casting away while the enemies feebly try to fight back. The quests are one-in-the-same, kill that, fetch that, and go here are what makes most of theseThe game's a bit over-hyped. "Oooh, I can kill dragons simply with my voice" is basically half of what these reviews are saying. The combat is awful, you just stand there, not trying to dodge or anything. You just stand there, swinging or casting away while the enemies feebly try to fight back. The quests are one-in-the-same, kill that, fetch that, and go here are what makes most of these quests. Daedric items suck if you're high-level and Combat with dragons is unbalanced at high-levels. They just fly, doing tons of damage while you shoot at them with a meekly bow. The graphics look awful and the guilds are not that original. It barely alludes choice, just by making you choose what to say. No matter what, the same outcome happens either way. Even with all the patches, it's a chuttering mess. Expand
  85. Mar 11, 2014
    I have spent over 100 hours playing this game, and the time was worth it. The game kicks ass. With its beautiful graphics, great combat mechanics, lots of creative content, and DRAGONS! You have yourself a game of the year. It is a masterpiece! Best one in the series! Hell, one of the best free roam RPGS i have ever played! I would recommend this game to everyone. When you here the wordI have spent over 100 hours playing this game, and the time was worth it. The game kicks ass. With its beautiful graphics, great combat mechanics, lots of creative content, and DRAGONS! You have yourself a game of the year. It is a masterpiece! Best one in the series! Hell, one of the best free roam RPGS i have ever played! I would recommend this game to everyone. When you here the word Skyrim, yell "FosroDAH!" Game of the year for me. Final Verdict:10/10! A true elite title! Expand
  86. Apr 13, 2014
    I like how the world of Skyrim looks as your character is exploring the huge icy wastelands. I played as a Bosmer with illusion and necromancer skills. Then I leveled up my pickpocket skills that it allowed me to steal armor from the guards and unsuspecting enemies. I also liked the music as my character explored but I never liked the fight music. It never felt inspiring like the actionI like how the world of Skyrim looks as your character is exploring the huge icy wastelands. I played as a Bosmer with illusion and necromancer skills. Then I leveled up my pickpocket skills that it allowed me to steal armor from the guards and unsuspecting enemies. I also liked the music as my character explored but I never liked the fight music. It never felt inspiring like the action music in Mass Effect. The main story was not interesting at all compared to Oblivion. I never felt like what side I choose in the beginning of the game mattered. The guild missions were too short and boring. The voice acting was terrible. The dual spell casting was good it seemed like that was borrowed from the Bioshock games. I liked Skyrim but I liked the Fallout games and Oblivion:The Elder Scrolls better they have more deeper stories and a better worlds to explore. Expand
  87. Jun 28, 2014
    I honestly feel like this is the most overrated game of the last 5 or so years. I played it for a week(about 15 hours of gameplay) and it just wasn't enjoyable and it didn't draw me in at all. I remember playing Fallout 3 for the first time back in 2010 and it drew me in the first couple hours. For me Fallout 3 and New Vegas is just so much more fun to play. It has insane weapons, coolI honestly feel like this is the most overrated game of the last 5 or so years. I played it for a week(about 15 hours of gameplay) and it just wasn't enjoyable and it didn't draw me in at all. I remember playing Fallout 3 for the first time back in 2010 and it drew me in the first couple hours. For me Fallout 3 and New Vegas is just so much more fun to play. It has insane weapons, cool atmosphere, huge world, and an overall a more interesting and appealing ambiance to the Fallout franchise. The only thing Skyrim has going for it is the dragons and graphics in my opinion. Other than that the quests, characters, setting, enemies, and ESPECIALLY combat is boring to me. I do not understand how so many people can play this game for 100+ hours and not get bored out of their mind. Oh and the reason why I compared this Elder Scrolls game to Fallout is because they share some similar qualities and they are made and or published by Bethesda. Expand
  88. Mar 24, 2014
    Bethesda made the revolutionary 1990 open world game "The Terminator", which was pretty much GTA III with crappy graphics and such an overlooked masterpiece. In 1996 they made the revolutionary game " The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall" which features thousands of towns and hundreds of thousands of NPCs (random & procedural generation). "The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind" (2002) was anotherBethesda made the revolutionary 1990 open world game "The Terminator", which was pretty much GTA III with crappy graphics and such an overlooked masterpiece. In 1996 they made the revolutionary game " The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall" which features thousands of towns and hundreds of thousands of NPCs (random & procedural generation). "The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind" (2002) was another classic. Finally, this game. Skyrim is the product of decades of advances in virtual worlds, the evolution of video games almost seems like a miracle. Todd Howard is a genius. Expand
  89. Apr 4, 2014
    Skyrim, the Predecessor of The Elder Scrolls Online and the successor to Oblivion is in.. I don't know where to begin! The map will keep you occupied for hours upon hours on either your PC, XBox 360 or PS3, it doesn't matter WHAT you have, nothing can stop you from having the best time in a video game. In the far future, we will look back at thou masterpiece and thou will worship till thou's ends!
  90. Apr 7, 2014
    I should say what an amazing game this is. Bethesda really did the job in this one. It's a really fascinating game. You can explore the world, kill animals, and do quests. The graphics surprised me as well. But the thing that bother me is because there are a couple of bugs that are still unpatched unnoticeably. Some people are still exploiting glitches and bugs, and are just reallyI should say what an amazing game this is. Bethesda really did the job in this one. It's a really fascinating game. You can explore the world, kill animals, and do quests. The graphics surprised me as well. But the thing that bother me is because there are a couple of bugs that are still unpatched unnoticeably. Some people are still exploiting glitches and bugs, and are just really annoying. But, by all the beautiful scenery and the AIs implemented to this great game, this game deserves a 9 metascore. Great job. Expand
  91. Apr 12, 2014
    Personally, I thoroughly enjoyed the game that much i still play it today, combat is amazing, armor and weapons are amazing, so is shouts. i give this game 10/10 because it was an amazing experience.
  92. Oct 30, 2014
    I find this game overrated. How can a game get so many 10 out of 10s when there are so many glitches? I have been stuck in walls and other annoying stuff like that.
  93. Mar 31, 2016
    Defo one of the best Elder Scrolls games of all. Hell one of the best games of all time. It manages to do what Morrowind and Oblivion did so well and introduces more. They say any game with Dragons is an awesome game but this goes so much further.
  94. Jul 5, 2014
    This game is good, but Oblivion was better. Guilds: in Skyrim - 1-hour crappy dull quests, in Oblivion - those quests are large and interesting(i love the final quest of the Thieves Guild). Main Quest - dull in both games. Gameplay - well, in Skyrim your weapon and armor are unbreakable, but auto-leveling are better, BUT. Dragons are too weak, and why the hell you can't block with dualThis game is good, but Oblivion was better. Guilds: in Skyrim - 1-hour crappy dull quests, in Oblivion - those quests are large and interesting(i love the final quest of the Thieves Guild). Main Quest - dull in both games. Gameplay - well, in Skyrim your weapon and armor are unbreakable, but auto-leveling are better, BUT. Dragons are too weak, and why the hell you can't block with dual weapons? World: in Skyrim there are big pretty world... without any quests. Just ugly caves.
    Skyrim is a good game, but a **** sequel.
  95. Jul 20, 2014
    This game is HUGE (Open world) it's combat system is fun. Has lots to do, and improving your skills is more than just leveling up. If you sneak your sneak improves. The best RPG EVER. It's my favorite game of all time.
  96. Nov 14, 2014
    Fantastic game. In my top 3 games of all time. The world scale, skills, spells, story, vista views, and music score add up to a game no one should miss regardless of platform.
    Get this game and every official DLC. You will spend 100s of hours immersed in the world of northern Tamriel and thoroughly enjoy it.
  97. Apr 7, 2016
    Yea there are glitches, but that doesn't stop this game from being an absolute masterpiece. after only 3 hours of play, I realized this is probably the most engrossing game i have ever played. It's amazing how much content is packed into one game. The game extremely addicting, the sound is amazing, the graphics...oh the graphics they are absolutely phenomenal. If you are looking for gameYea there are glitches, but that doesn't stop this game from being an absolute masterpiece. after only 3 hours of play, I realized this is probably the most engrossing game i have ever played. It's amazing how much content is packed into one game. The game extremely addicting, the sound is amazing, the graphics...oh the graphics they are absolutely phenomenal. If you are looking for game you can pour hundreds of hours into, Skyrim is for you.I've yet to find anything not to like about this game. The graphics are excellent, the textures are sharp, the models are smooth, the draw distance is beautiful, the load times are incredible - main menu to game in ten seconds! As for the gameplay they've fixed a LOT of what was wrong with previous games, balancing the various playstyles very well and making it all generally a lot of fun. Love the menu system too. Expand
  98. Apr 20, 2015
    Skyrim is not the greatest thing ever is a average game because of the load times and glitches but if you can get past the load times and bugs its a polished game I recommend the pc version or oblivion GOTY if you don't have a pc that can run skyrim
  99. Apr 18, 2015
    i dont know why people like this game. I mean, it is beautifull and "deep" but the actual gameplay is so slow. The swords feel like they are made of a 1 ton metal or something. The pasing of the game is slow too. You will find yourself more time in loading screens that actually playing. All the caves are the same and all the swords feel the same. Oh and there is no actual challenge, youi dont know why people like this game. I mean, it is beautifull and "deep" but the actual gameplay is so slow. The swords feel like they are made of a 1 ton metal or something. The pasing of the game is slow too. You will find yourself more time in loading screens that actually playing. All the caves are the same and all the swords feel the same. Oh and there is no actual challenge, you can literary complete the game with one hand. the spells are for the most part the same. There is no actual plot to the game. and the "decitions" u make doesnt matter at all. Expand
  100. Jun 6, 2015
    Basically Fallout 3 in a fantasy Elder Scrolls world. Boring story, Uninteresting characters (NPCs) and poor combat. Still a massive open world with lots stuff to do. The thing that saves the is modding without mods this is totally an uninteresting game to play. Nowhere near Morrowwind
  101. Feb 7, 2012
    Hay que decirlo: Skyrim no es Oblivion, y menos Fallout 3. Pero si amaste esos juegos, es muy probable que adores este. Skyrim es un juego que empieza lento (lo que puede aburrir al amante de la accion y el combate) pero recompensa con graficas fabulosas durante todo el trayecto. De hecho, puede verse el esmero que pusieron en cada detalle, cada lugar, persona, villanos e historia, la cualHay que decirlo: Skyrim no es Oblivion, y menos Fallout 3. Pero si amaste esos juegos, es muy probable que adores este. Skyrim es un juego que empieza lento (lo que puede aburrir al amante de la accion y el combate) pero recompensa con graficas fabulosas durante todo el trayecto. De hecho, puede verse el esmero que pusieron en cada detalle, cada lugar, persona, villanos e historia, la cual puede parecer interminable para el jugador casual, pero quien aprecie escuchar cientos de conversaciones, explorar cada parte de su enorme escenario y recolectar todo, sera feliz en Skyrim. Aun asi, dejenme darles un consejo: hagan una cosa a la vez y no se llenen de misiones o terminaran con una lista enorme de objetivos. Completen todas las actividades de un pueblo antes de ir al siguiente y disfrutaran mas su aventura. Finalmente, y luego de jugar por más de 70 horas, se que Skyrim no es perfecto, pero te da lo suficiente para seguir adelante. Sus defectos no afectan la experiencia general, y por eso quienes saben lo califican con 9/10. Collapse

1. Feb 6, 2012
    This epic role-playing game might be Bethesda's best game yet, and offers an unique and spectacular world filled with fun. The freedom ensures a great experience for both the casual and hardcore gamer, as you're free to play the game how you like.
  2. Dec 16, 2011
    Skyrim is the largest, and most compelling work that I've had the opportunity to play this year. It's engaging, engrossing, and will take over your gaming life for many months to come. Not only is Skyrim among the best that 2011 has to offer, but for me, this is, without hesitation, the Game of the Year.
  3. Dec 16, 2011