8.4

1. Oct 1, 2013
    A game that's jam-packed with content is the best way to describe it. And this isn't stuff that Bethesda spent 5 minutes designing; NO! Sometimes, you can get more enjoyment out of Skyrim in ten minutes then you could other games as a whole. The only problem is it can be a little glitch like this one time a saw a mammoth or something floating in mid air :P Beautiful Music, Variety, GreatA game that's jam-packed with content is the best way to describe it. And this isn't stuff that Bethesda spent 5 minutes designing; NO! Sometimes, you can get more enjoyment out of Skyrim in ten minutes then you could other games as a whole. The only problem is it can be a little glitch like this one time a saw a mammoth or something floating in mid air :P Beautiful Music, Variety, Great Graphics, amesome replayability and superb quests and storylines, Skyrim is a game that will never be forgotten. Expand
  2. Sep 27, 2013
    Dragons Dogma Dark Arizen is way better. You can customize 4 characters in your party and the boss battles are amazing. Scrolls is even in the same league. The combat is so slow and benign. Dogma has a style similar to Dragon Age but enhanced in every aspect. Dogma is $40 new a steal with the bitter black island content that challenges even the hardcore rpg players.
  3. Sep 23, 2013
    Before I get bombarded by fanboys, I need to make it clear that, unlike many of these reviews, I have had 2 years to formulate this review, of which I have spent a lot of time debating with myself how good this game is. I hope you will take that into consideration before reading this review.

Overall I think Skyrim is a good game and an enjoyable experience for a period of time. However, I think the game has a lot of shortcomings. I'll try to highlight both the pros and cons.

First things first, this isn't a Role Playing Game in the true sense of the phrase. A lack of solid class system means people can be the spellsword/tank/thief jack of all trades (and master of all, to boot). While this isn't a necessarily bad thing for a game, allowing flexibility in character development, it seems to take the 'role playing' out of the equation and leaving in the action, perhaps "dumbing down" this aspect predominant in the series.

Keeping in the vein of mechanics, the quest system is boring and holds your hand. A pointer takes you directly where to go, kissing goodbye the investigative nature of Morrowind. It's a shame, since Morrowind (and even Oblivion, to an extent) was so strong due to this. Again, dumbing down is present. In terms of narrative, the quests in the basegame, bar a few exceptions, are mindless, unimaginative and tedious. The Daedric Quests are the only ones with any real depth to them, and the main storyline is more or less trash.

The strengths of Skyrim lie in the well-overdue overhaul of Bethesda's game engine. The gamebryo engine, which seriously restricted Oblivion and Fallout 3, has been exchanged for the Creation Engine, which does Skyrim justice more can be done in terms of animation and design making Skyrim more immersive. However, the promises to improve combat in Skyrim seems superficial the only real additions to melee combat were dual-wielding and some (seriously artifacted) finishing moves, but otherwise the combat is as immersion-breaking as in Oblivion. However, the magic system is considerably improved in terms of mechanics, while the range of spells is disappointing. Archery (or marksmanship or whatever) is the true beneficiary of Skyrim, as the bows feel more weighty and is much more rewarding, so credit is due there. The stealth mechanics haven't improved noticeably since Oblivion, but it is serviceable and enjoyable enough. Overall, I'd give the general mechanics around 7/10, with some disappointments and steps back from Oblivion in places, with the interface feeling pretty clunky both on Xbox 360 and on PC.

The graphics are where this title really saddens me. Even when the game came out, I thought it looked HIDEOUS. While there was some really nice shading and decent landscaping, the artstyle is drab. The huge colour palette of Oblivion is replaced for grey, white, black and more grey in the lands of Skyrim. While I appreciate that it fits the cold, northern setting of Skyrim, it feels as though the (clear) graphical improvements that Bethesda have made is wasted somewhat. Furthermore, the NPCs look downright creepy, with dead eyes that made me think of Polar Express some real uncanny valley stuff right there (look it up).

My final point regards how many hours I put into the game before putting it down. I finished all of the main questlines and ALL of the considerable side quests in about 30 hours of play, over 2 characters. While there was initial wanderlust as I explored, the enjoyment trickled away over time until most of the game became a drag due to the aforementioned problems. If the game offered you more, then good for you! Nevertheless, 30 hours is a considerably quantity (while not compared to hundreds of hours spent in Oblivion and Fallout 3), but the quality wasn't entirely sound. While moments were truly epic (the first dragon appearance, for example), these were diamonds in the rough, with memorable parts too few and far between. This is disappointing in contrast to the myriad of other Bethesda titles, and while I have returned to Skyrim periodically since my initial playthrough(s), the visits were short and uninspired.

Overall, I give this game a 6/10. It's better than average in most places, however there was potential for so much more. The combat was mostly unimproved, the quests were awful (both in mechanics and narrative) and the aesthetic was drab and poorly used. However, Skyrim has its merits in terms of its engine, and for this reason I do respect it somewhat.
  4. Sep 18, 2013
    Maybe my favorite game ever! Awesome graphics, character customization and hundreds of hours of exploration. Ton of quests and fun combat. Its very hard to play any other western rpg after this!
  5. Sep 7, 2013
    ---Rating---
    Design: 4 /5 (some "streamlining" but the core experience mostly remains intact, repetitive quests)
    Polish: 5 /5 (the impressive graphics bring life to Skyrim and give an awe-inspiring sense of scale) Value: 5 /5 (a huge open world to explore, one of the few games that deserves the high price tag) ---Review--- The dramatic evolution of TES' graphics quality could almost
    ---Rating---

---Review---
    The dramatic evolution of TES' graphics quality could almost be likened to the radical transformation of the Fallout series, with the last two installments presenting much more accessible versions. In many ways Skyrim follows in the direction laid out by Oblivion, but there is a general impression that Skyrim is more fleshed out, better polished, and certainly more streamlined than its predecessor.

The most noticeable- and in some ways disappointing- shift from Oblivion was the complete omission of attributes from a rather decidedly dumbed-down set of mechanics. The emphasis has shifted from specifying one's character abilities during the character creation process to defining them through play, a change that will please some and disappoint others.

The second major criticism I have is the degree to which the layout of the setting seems contrived and inauthentic; there is one "city" for each hold, with a single player-purchasable home in each "city". I use quotes because this assumes a rather loose definition of what comprises a city; there does not seem much to do in half of them. For having depicted the scale of physical geography in the most compelling manner of the games I've played (seeing the Throat of the World towering in the distance and gradually approaching it is an almost surreal experience), the scale of human geography in Skyrim isn't the most convincing as far as RPGs go.

Dragon encounters provide some variety in combat gameplay but their novelty seems to wane quickly. The questing experience is adequate aside from a torpid opening scene and formulaic faction-related questlines (initiation into the ranks, learn about hostile faction, defeat hostile faction, possibly dealing with some betrayal along the way), and is still dominated by floating quest markers and instantaneous fast travel a la Oblivion.

The highly touted inclusion of a second magic system in the form of dragon shouts will no doubt irritate anyone looking to play a pure melee character. A more comprehensive crafting skills system sounds at first like a welcome addition to the series open-ended ideology, but in reality the implementation feels incomplete and disconnected with the rest of the game in my opinion.

Skyrim is undeniably great in very many ways, but strategic complexity is simply not one of those. If one can enjoy it merely for its more or less immersive yet casual experience, one will be in for a treat like no other.

(I've since found that- while adding some performance issues- mods can greatly enhance the Skyrim experience on the PC platform, but I can't really justify taking this into account when rating a game that I mostly experienced on the Xbox 360.)
  6. Sep 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Empire of Tamriel is on the edge. The High King of Skyrim has been murdered. Alliances form as claims to the throne are made. In the midst of this conflict, a far more dangerous, ancient evil is awakened. Dragons, long lost to the passages of the Elder Scrolls, have returned to Tamriel. The future of Skyrim, even the Empire itself, hangs in the balance as they wait for the prophesized Dragonborn to come; a hero born with the power of The Voice, and the only one who can stand amongst the dragons. Expand
  7. Aug 30, 2013
    So, I purchased this game after getting bored of Fallout: New Vegas (~50 hours played). I was expecting it to be really good because of the positive reviews, and tons of people I know telling me it was good. So, long story short, this is one of the worst RPG's I've played. I totally wasted $60 by purchasing this game. By the time I was ~8 hours in I was literally bored out of my mind. ISo, I purchased this game after getting bored of Fallout: New Vegas (~50 hours played). I was expecting it to be really good because of the positive reviews, and tons of people I know telling me it was good. So, long story short, this is one of the worst RPG's I've played. I totally wasted $60 by purchasing this game. By the time I was ~8 hours in I was literally bored out of my mind. I forced myself to play it though so I didn't feel like I wasted $60, and I was hoping it would get better; it didn't. after 12 more hours of forced play time I couldn't take it anymore. My favorite genre to play is an RPG, this didn't feel like an RPG at all. Pretty much ZERO equipment upgrades, no super cool weapons that do crazy no cool armor, exploring got tedious and questing bored me after the first few I completed. I literally have nothing good to say about this game and I'm not sure what other people see in this game to rate it so high. To each his own, but I definitely feel like I wasted my money on this. Expand
  8. Aug 19, 2013
    I thought this game would be much more exciting than that it actually is, especially since all professional reviewers claimed it as a must-have. The gameplay is slow and dare-I-say tedious. The storyline is thin and absent from much of the game, in fact you can't really tell the difference between a main quest and a side-quest. So the main storyline is not that engaging, it does not standI thought this game would be much more exciting than that it actually is, especially since all professional reviewers claimed it as a must-have. The gameplay is slow and dare-I-say tedious. The storyline is thin and absent from much of the game, in fact you can't really tell the difference between a main quest and a side-quest. So the main storyline is not that engaging, it does not stand out from the other quests you do. Likewise the characters in the game are flat and robotic. It is true that this game is visually impressive and that you have a huge open-world to move around, but everything else was just too boring for me. I wish reviewers, professional ones in particular, could recognize that people like different things in their games and I wish their reviews would reflect this fact, instead of pushing their bias unto others, claiming their judgement as Absolute. Bottomline: if you like pretty graphics, interactions with your environment such as learning a trade and getting married, and a huge open-world to move around in you'll probably enjoy Skyrim a lot. If you want a deep storyline, characters with some degree of personality, and variation in your gameplay look elsewhere. Expand
  9. Aug 18, 2013
    [9.2] A well-deserved instant classic. Skyrim is the definitive role-playing game, fun for even those who don't enjoy the genre. It is an immersive and incredible experience.
  10. Aug 16, 2013
    Skyrim is an absolute masterpiece of a game. From its rapturous, stunning atmosphere, to it's living, breathing world this is an instant classic. The gameplay is incredible, as you can do nearly anything you want, and the combat is visceral and engaging. The environments are detailed as much as an open-world game can be, and the creatures, (I know I'm using too many ands), areSkyrim is an absolute masterpiece of a game. From its rapturous, stunning atmosphere, to it's living, breathing world this is an instant classic. The gameplay is incredible, as you can do nearly anything you want, and the combat is visceral and engaging. The environments are detailed as much as an open-world game can be, and the creatures, (I know I'm using too many ands), are incredible. It does have a couple glitches, but no game of this scope and ambition can be completely bug free. Bottom line, this is one of the best games of all time. It may define this generation of consoles, and you need it. Expand
  11. Aug 3, 2013
    this game is a game that final fantasy and other fantasy rpgs and rpgs in general will look up to bow down to and need to ask for advice because personally I think final fantasy dropped 7 feet when it realeased final fantasy vi for ds it failed
  12. Aug 2, 2013
    skyrim is the best rpg so far it is so expansive and is full of side quests guild quests main quests and much more. Dragons have been added to the series the graphics are awesome you'll be going ooh ah often thats why skyrim gets a ten out of ten.
  13. Jul 29, 2013
    The character classes and customization have been streamlined and dumb downed to encourage more casual gamers to play. This is good and bad

It is good because my girlfriend will play and not think of it as too nerdy It is bad because I liked that stuff. Games made from a business and marketing standpoint instead of a creative standpoint irk me the way of Dragon Age 2 and the later

It is good because my girlfriend will play and not think of it as too nerdy

It is bad because I liked that stuff. Games made from a business and marketing standpoint instead of a creative standpoint irk me the way of Dragon Age 2 and the later Mass Effects.

Graphics and exploration are really great in this game. It is the most open and free-ing game I have played. You rarely have to do something in order.

The loading however gets really awful after playing awhile. The time gets longer the more you play and this game loads all the time. There is a tons endless hours of content but there is also tons of hours of load screens which keep this from getting a higher score.

The random dragon encounters also get tedious and frustrating when your just trying to get from a town to a cave. It was exciting the first 5 times but after a while they could cut back on those.

Its a unique experience however and I would recommend it for sure.

1)Morrowind- Fantastic
    2)Skyrim- Great
    3) Oblivion- Average to Good
  14. EJA
    Jul 29, 2013
    I wanna give this a 9 or a 10 but the loading times get RIDICULOUS after playing for a while. I mean they just get longer and longer. And this game has tons of places where it needs to load so there might be 100 plus hours of gameplay but you will spend 100 plus hours in loading screens.

What a shame because the scope of the game is huge. It is a tad shallow in terms of character development but exploration is the name of the game here. The visuals vary, the dungeons are individually unique, and the terrain is grandiose.

It's in the same vein as Oblivion and Morrowind so if you like those you will love this. Morrowind is still the best but this is way better than Oblivion.
  15. Jul 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Skyrim is in a way the best RPG game ever made. The Elder Scrolls series is now got the crown after Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim all have GOTY awards and top ratings. But what makes it good? It isn't the gameplay, the story, or the graphics. It's the creativity and imagination in it's universe that gives it it's spark.

The game takes place in Skyrim, a state of the Imperial government on Tamriel. You play as, The Dragonborn, a figure so highly regarded by the people of Skyrim and is the only hope for dispelling evil from the world as a Dragon named, Alduin, is going to destroy the world. The Dragonborn sets out to learn the ancient magic known as, Shouting, a form of magic that is the Dragon's own form of language. You can breath fire, knock anything out of the way, turn yourself into a ghost, call animals to aid you, detect enemies around you, or even call other Dragons to aid you. You master these abilities in order to combat Alduin.

The game is heavy with exploration and quest. As you can travel all around Skyrim to fetch a stolen amulet or stop an entire Civil War. It also shapes to your character and how the world is formed around your actions. As guards of cities will comment on a powerful Deadric weapon or item you carry, your features of being a Werewolf or a vampire, or what you do to enhance the world around them.

Combat is varied through several type of abilities and skills. Like sword fighting, casting magic, assassinating, or poaching a helpless bandit with arrows. Physical combat can be lacking, but enemies can match for skill if you turn up the difficulty. Magic has several 'schools' of magic that can cover illusions, destruction, alterations, conjuring, or alchemy that can effect combat in many other fields. Stealth is slow paced, but deadly. Archery is for marksmen that can deal serious damage to unsuspecting enemies or pegging them one by one before they can even get close.

Graphics are amazing, and make the immersion almost mind blowing. Even on 360 does it look good, but PC players will have thought life was sitting in their monitors.

Skyrim is a must buy for people that love RPGs.
  16. Jul 18, 2013
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is probably the best game on this console generation, it is insanely big. You can do anything what pleases you in this game, you can be a mage, a warrior, a batlemage or even cook if you want to.
    I have spent a lot of hours in this game and I still have a lot of things to do on it. I don't realize why there are Elder Scrolls "fans" that say that this game is boring and that kind of sh*t, I've played morrowind and oblivion and they are amazing games too, I loved them as much as this one, so I can't understand why they are pissed off.
    If you don't have this game, play it, it's a masterpiece.
  17. Jul 10, 2013
    I've put it 100's of hours of gameplay for Skyrim, It is a brilliant game. There are certain aspects which stop it from getting at 10/10 such as graphics, in game NPC's and the combat system but the levelling and content far out way the negative. A very addictive game regardless of it's flaws.
  18. Rem
    Jul 10, 2013
    If Skyrim is not one of the most feature rich games I've ever played, then I haven't played them all. Starting out as a prisoner once more (I see a trend here), you go about Skyrim which is achingly beautiful. It is beautiful and that put many linear games to shame. The gameplay is where it stands out, spells can finally be dual cast and with a sword in hand. You progress through the gameIf Skyrim is not one of the most feature rich games I've ever played, then I haven't played them all. Starting out as a prisoner once more (I see a trend here), you go about Skyrim which is achingly beautiful. It is beautiful and that put many linear games to shame. The gameplay is where it stands out, spells can finally be dual cast and with a sword in hand. You progress through the game at your own pace rather than choosing at the beginning. The story here while not enthralling or engaging, is truly epic. Exploring what this vast world has to offer will consume days if not weeks. But in Bethesda's traditions, with a game this big come many bugs. While not as gut wrenching as Fallout 3, to manages to annoy and break immersion. I want to keep playing Skyrim, and I just might do that right now. Expand
  19. Jul 8, 2013
    The simplest way to put this review: if you hate the short comings of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion then Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim fixed all of those short comings. The combat still needs work but it feels cinematic, dragons in this game make it amazing to fight, dual welding, magic is badass, the leveling up system improved so much the NPCs don't look the same, a ton of quests and locationsThe simplest way to put this review: if you hate the short comings of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion then Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim fixed all of those short comings. The combat still needs work but it feels cinematic, dragons in this game make it amazing to fight, dual welding, magic is badass, the leveling up system improved so much the NPCs don't look the same, a ton of quests and locations beautiful terrain

there is so much positive things about Skyrim that makes it not as the best as Morrowind but it goes to show how far the TES series has come in just sheer scope
  20. Jul 4, 2013
    I don't think I have ever put as many hours into a single-player game before, but it doesn't surprise me that this game has swallowed so much time. It is easy to get emerged into the beauty and the sheer scale of Skyrim is amazing. There is always more adventure waiting for you around the next bend, so you will never run out of things to do, which is a huge plus in my books! The overallI don't think I have ever put as many hours into a single-player game before, but it doesn't surprise me that this game has swallowed so much time. It is easy to get emerged into the beauty and the sheer scale of Skyrim is amazing. There is always more adventure waiting for you around the next bend, so you will never run out of things to do, which is a huge plus in my books! The overall look and feel of the game is superb, even though there are a number of glitches present. These glitches are understandable though, considering the sheer size of the game and it's content. This is not only the best RPG I've ever played, it is the best game I've ever played, no doubt about it! Expand
  21. Jul 3, 2013
    How can I put this? Skyrim is one of the best role-playing games ever, if not the actual best. There is literally too much to talk about in 5000 characters. So I'll split this review up into s sections: 'Your Own Character', 'The World And Lore', 'Unique Combat Features', 'Negatives and Tips' and 'The Final Verdict'. So lets get started.
    --Your Own Character--
    So like in Oblivion, you're
    --Your Own Character--
    So like in Oblivion, you're a prisoner at the start of the game. You are then treated to one of the best character customizers in an Xbox 360 game I've ever seen. It's not perfect, but it works, you can make a good looking character. The character models from Oblivion are fixed, nobody looks like a potato anymore. Good. And once you're done with the character, you can explore the world. There are several deep combat systems that help bring the game to life. And unlike in Oblivion, if you feel like giving up on two-handed weapons and feel like doing archery instead, you can. The levelling system is one of the best, even better than Pokémon. Whilst doing some of the activities like alchemy, enchanting, smithing, speech, archery and many more, each perk tree levels up individually and when your overall character levels up, you add 10 points to Magicka, Health, or Stamina, and a single perk to any of the trees. If you reach level 100 on some perks, you get some awesome stuff, like Dragon Armour, Paralysing sword strikes and dual enchanted weapons and armour. It gets pretty deep, but easy to manage.
    --The World And Lore--
    The world in Skyrim is so detailed, beautiful and explorable. Yes, that's right. It's actually a joy to explore. a thing very few open world games get right. You find locations like caves, dungeons, ruins, villages and shrines, which you can fast travel to if you have discovered them. All of these locations are hand-crafted with beautiful graphics and a good draw distance. These places can be filled with interesting items, enemies, puzzles and books. Speaking of books, reading them helps, and helps immerse you in the world. Some even teach you spells and quests. And the quests can be dynamically activated around the world. For example a talking dog leading you to a daedric shrine, then fetching an axe and debating whether or not to kill the dog. Speaking of quests, there are so many. I've counted over 90 quests in 140 hours of gameplay. And the world is in no way linear and it doesn't hold your hand. It's simply a game where you do whatever. Seriously, you barely find nonsensical invisible walls. Even if you look. Hard. With good AI and NPC's to put the icing on the cake.
    --Unique Combat Features--
    Skyrim already nails the world and your own character. And yet still, we have unique combat. You can make your character more unique with weapons and spells. One of my favourites, archery, is nailed. Using the bow and arrow is intense and it feels like you're using it properly. The way you aim with it, the fluent animations, the breathing while slowing down time in zoom mode, it feels real and intense. Two handed weapons like war hammers feel clunky and heavy. Swinging them about like a madman can be a joyful experience, and the hit detection is very accurate and real. Dual wielding two swords make you feel agile and you can kick some pretty serious ass with them. All physical attacks are well animated and feel like you're actually using them. Then there's shouts and powers which help you in combat. Battle Axe isn't doing too well? Bring out Yol Toor Shul and set you enemies ablaze. Using magic is, unfortunately, a little bit awkward. The hit detection for magic can be a little bit broken sometimes, and using it up close seems to do nothing, as the characters you're hurting barely move. So as you can see, the game has problems, and now let's talk about them.
    --Negatives and Tips--
    Some quests can get broken, like killing a certain NPC which you need to talk to, which means you cannot collect your reward, and the broken quest is stuck in your dossier forever. Also, after about 15 years in the business, I'd have The Elder Scrolls would have implemented some form of multiplayer, like a TDM style battle set in dungeons, but it didn't, which I found a bit disappointing. Also, and this might be from a personal point of view as I got a downloadable copy, but the game is ridiculously glitch. Everything from falling under the map to character spasms. Also, I'd like to see us being able to create logos, which we can raise over captured castles and dens like in Guild Wars 2. So maybe we'll see that in Elder Scrolls 6. And every other issue is just a nit-pick, and none of these issues break or ruin the immersive experience.
    --The Final Verdict--
    Skyrim is the best RPG ever made. I don't know how Bethesda will top themselves next time. I was going to give Skyrim a 9, but it deserves a full, and strong standing, 10 out of 10. The game has flaws, it can crash at times. But it doesn't matter, because Skyrim redeems its problems with everything it gets right.
  22. Jul 2, 2013
    skyrim can be fun for a bit but then you start to notice all the bad's for the game
    pros:large word, great music, lots of quests and activities, 4 guilds dark brotherhood college of winterhold companions and thieves guild, FREAKING DRAGONS, epic master level destruction spells,
    cons: repetitive quests (go here kill this get this talk to him every time), main story is less than 4 hours, world has barely any colour, you never feel important your the dragonborn head of all guilds and killed 50 dragons no one cares, usually the only enemies youll fight are bandits wolves and draugr,removed spell making, stealth is nearly impossible because enemies crowd up next to each other, the thieves guild is about fighting, story is mediocre its just dragons are invading you're the dragon born you have to stop them, npc's have no emotion, theres only like 13 voice actors, very buggy once a door was bugged so whenever i went through that door the game would crash and that was the only way out so i had to restart the game, combat is just hit each other with a weapon until one of you is dead, enemies never block, magic is weak and you run out of magicka fast,
  23. Jun 29, 2013
    What an incredible game. The possibilities in this game are absolutely endless, you can go anywhere, no invisible walls nothing. Graphics are incredible and realistic for a game, storyline is riveting and keeps you wanting more, gameplay is smooth and feels natural and very exciting. The ability to change your charcter completely to how you want them to be is absolutely incredible in thisWhat an incredible game. The possibilities in this game are absolutely endless, you can go anywhere, no invisible walls nothing. Graphics are incredible and realistic for a game, storyline is riveting and keeps you wanting more, gameplay is smooth and feels natural and very exciting. The ability to change your charcter completely to how you want them to be is absolutely incredible in this game. There are literally hundreds of different ways to grow your character. I really love how interactive this game is aswell, you can speak to anyone and choose to be rude or nice or whatever. Anyway the list of good things about this game is endless so i'll finish it here. Absolute gaming epic no doubt about it, i would recommend it to anyone who is a fan of RPGs or any type of gaming. Completing it didn't even feel like a chore even though it is 100s of hours long. 10/10 Expand
  24. Jun 27, 2013
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is the most beautiful, long and full of surprises adventure I have ever played. The most dynamic game of it's kind with a variety of gameplay styles for you to choose. The world of Skyrim is special created for those who want an authentic medieval game with a relative atmosphere and extremely detail. Each one character is almost special with their ownThe Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is the most beautiful, long and full of surprises adventure I have ever played. The most dynamic game of it's kind with a variety of gameplay styles for you to choose. The world of Skyrim is special created for those who want an authentic medieval game with a relative atmosphere and extremely detail. Each one character is almost special with their own personality and your character filled with your own one, if you want. This game, however, could be better, but for now if we want to be thankful for the work of Bethedsa, it's just perfect! And if there are flaws I can't look at these for too long, because the game has too much to offer and it's still perfect!! A masterpiece that we cannot easily forget and which we have to support if we want more like this in the future. Expand
  25. Jun 19, 2013
    Genuinely brilliant, with a wealth of positives, skyrim is here to make you say goodbye to the outdoors.

Pros: - Huge, Open world - Beautiful Aesthetics - well delivered combat - Consistent, meaningful updates - Immersive - Plenty to do for experienced players and players new to the series. Cons: - Occasional technical glitches or hiccups - Main Storyline doesn't feel as epic

Pros:
    - Huge, Open world
    - Beautiful Aesthetics
    - well delivered combat
    - Consistent, meaningful updates
    - Immersive
    - Plenty to do for experienced players and players new to the series.

Cons:
    - Occasional technical glitches or hiccups
    - Main Storyline doesn't feel as epic as it should have been.
  26. Jun 18, 2013
    I for one am not a huge fan of Skyrim. I just can't get into it.
    However, I can admit Skyrim is an outstanding game with a great plot and outstanding graphics. The controls are perfect, not too hard, not too easy.
  27. Jun 14, 2013
    Truly the greatest game of 2011, this is a must have for any gamer that like the rpg genre, or just wants a game that can kill 100's of hours. The game world is huge and fun to explore. You'll find new places to explore even after 200 hours of game play. Must Have.
  28. Jun 13, 2013
    While the graphics, story and gameplay are only "good", the world of Skyrim will draw you in. It really is an immersive experience and it's great fun, especially if you're a nerd like me :D perfect example of something being greater than the sum of its parts.
  29. Jun 9, 2013
    Skyrim is a game that you can easily put 100 hours in and not be bored (unlike Fallout 3). Skyrim has not only fixed problems I had with Oblivion, it then added much more content than one could even imagine.

Skyrim has a main story-line, and a thieves guild story-line, and a Dark Brotherhood story-line, and much more. The Dark Brotherhood has to be the best story-line out of these, and the worst being the thieves guild. Every city in this game is incredibly unique, as are the dungeons. The dungeons in Oblivion became a little repetitive, but in here they just are unique.

There are also countless villains in Skyrim, like dragons. The dragons after a while become kind of like a chore, but it is a technical achievement nonetheless. Characters are also pretty unique unless they are guards.

The soundtrack is epic, the scenery beautiful, the magic awesome, the combat improved. What is not to love about Skyrim?
  30. Jun 5, 2013
    The game is beautiful. The art design, the world-it is all beautiful. And huge. And immersive. The world feels lived in. You ran across a small village in the middle of nowhere and you talk to a woodcutter and he tells you about his life and his terrible wife. You talk to his wife and she'll go on about her good for nothing husband. I found myself wanting to know more about the lives ofThe game is beautiful. The art design, the world-it is all beautiful. And huge. And immersive. The world feels lived in. You ran across a small village in the middle of nowhere and you talk to a woodcutter and he tells you about his life and his terrible wife. You talk to his wife and she'll go on about her good for nothing husband. I found myself wanting to know more about the lives of these insignificant people in the game. These are people who have no role in any storyline through the games many many storylines. But they are there and they have a story to tell. It does so much to make the game feel like a real place.

Now, for the one reason this game doesn't get a 10/10 in my opinion. No memorable characters. Yes, there are plenty characters and they feel like real people in this world but there are no characters that you really care about. That is the one way this game could have been the best gaming experience I've ever had. But unfortunately no. That being said though I played this game for over 60 hours. It is worth getting and obsessing over.
  31. Jun 3, 2013
    I'll start off by admitting it was tough to get through Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I don't know why, but other games just lured me away from playing it. I even traded it in and bought it back a few times. My wife and friends couldn't believe I didn't love it. Skyrim, on the other hand, had me hooked from Day 1.

The graphics are unprecedented considering all the stuff packed into the

The graphics are unprecedented considering all the stuff packed into the game. Everything is smooth and there aren't as many glitches as you'd expect. The story is also engaging, the weapon crafting and skill trees are deep and the shouts are unbelievable fun. Definitely among the best games I've played.
  32. Jun 2, 2013
    the elder scrolls oblivion was an awesome rpg but had a few issues like bugs and the leveling system but overall an excellent game, the elder scrolls 5 skyrim fixes these issues and improves in other parts of the game like the combat, this is my favourite elder scrolls yet, the soundtrack is awesome, the story is excellent, awesome side quests and interesting characters, if you like rpgsthe elder scrolls oblivion was an awesome rpg but had a few issues like bugs and the leveling system but overall an excellent game, the elder scrolls 5 skyrim fixes these issues and improves in other parts of the game like the combat, this is my favourite elder scrolls yet, the soundtrack is awesome, the story is excellent, awesome side quests and interesting characters, if you like rpgs do not hesitate and pick this one up Expand
  33. May 30, 2013
    A lovely followup to Oblivion, but with great Bethesda games comes great glitches. Not nearly as well done, but very enjoyable. Once again there is a lot to do and places to explore. Overall, it's worth your time
  34. May 26, 2013
    For the first 10 hours, Skyrim is a pretty decent game. There's plenty to do, weapons to find, civilians to save, rabbits to kill, but after that, the game just ends. After I got through the stupidly short main quest, which barely scraped by as 4 hours, I figured I start with some of the guilds. The guild quests lines consisted of 3 fetch quests, 1 big fetch quest, and then I was head ofFor the first 10 hours, Skyrim is a pretty decent game. There's plenty to do, weapons to find, civilians to save, rabbits to kill, but after that, the game just ends. After I got through the stupidly short main quest, which barely scraped by as 4 hours, I figured I start with some of the guilds. The guild quests lines consisted of 3 fetch quests, 1 big fetch quest, and then I was head of the guild, all in under an hour. This is the same for all the guilds, including Mage's, Theive's, Dark Brotherhood's, and Companion's. The side-quests are equally disapointing. They all consist of the same formula: recieve quest, go to cave/fort, kill Draugr, return for gold. This is the rubrick for EVERY SINGLE QUEST.

All I'm going to say about combat is that it is a joke. Two enimies run up to each other and swing their swords until the other one dies, not bothering to roll, dodge, or move out of the way. They do occasionally block however, but not that it matters if you do, because you could just stand in the corner sucking your thumb until your health regenerates.

Almost everything from Oblivion and Morrowind has been dumbed down. Intricate alchemy system with calcinators and alembics? Gone. Fun spell making? Gone. Interesting quests? Gone.

The A.I. in Skyrim is laughable at best. I had just got done single-handedly taking out the entire Stormcloak army defending Windhelm, (my fellow Imperials just stood around shouting, bumping into each other) and had just slain Ulfrich. I then proceded to walk outside and was immediately called a "milk-drinker" by one of my comrades. This is just one of the many instances where the A.I. completely ignores your achievements. I have slain hundreds of "powerful" dragons, become the head of every guild, lopped off Ulrich's head and single handedly took out his entire army, and sold my soul to 16 different daedra, and still people treat me like a piece of sub-human trash.

Overall, Skyrim is fun for a while, until you realize that it a dumbed down version of Oblivion with laughable A.I. and dragon fights, complete with a boring world and copy-pasted side quests.
  35. May 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Featuring the same kind of thrilling freedom of choice The Elder Scrolls series is known for along with beautiful visuals and a stirring soundtrack, playing Skyrim is a rare kind of intensely personal, deeply rewarding experience, and one of the best role-playing games yet produced. Expand
  36. May 11, 2013
    Skyrim is a mixed bag for me. It has amazing environmental detail but average NPC graphics. It has a huge, open world but uninspired generic dungeons. It has endless quests, some of which are engaging, most of which are boring fetch quests.
    It really depends on what you want in your RPG. If you want a game that you can spend 100s of hours battling, exploring and refining your character, Skyrim is a superb game for you. If you are looking for a more focused, engaging RPG with a world that makes you feel significant, try something else.

One final comment..
    This game is definitely better when played on a high resolution screen. The graphics improve by a hundred, I swear.
  37. May 10, 2013
    Skyrim begins as does most Eldar Scrolls games do, you have little knowledge of what is going on and for new players you may also not even know what you are doing, but that doesn't matter as Bethesda does an amazing job of throwing you into the action almost instantly. The games mechanics stay true to previous Eldar Scrolls titles but also with the edition of new Shouts which you can wieldSkyrim begins as does most Eldar Scrolls games do, you have little knowledge of what is going on and for new players you may also not even know what you are doing, but that doesn't matter as Bethesda does an amazing job of throwing you into the action almost instantly. The games mechanics stay true to previous Eldar Scrolls titles but also with the edition of new Shouts which you can wield in varying ways on the battlefield. They add a new dynamic to the game whilst not making you rely on them throughout, Magic and combat have stayed true to former titles, but now you can dual wield spells and create "Super spells" which are of a greater magnitude of power. Combat is simple and the most refreshing way of playing the game, it is very satisfying gutting your enemies and executing lethal finishing moves. Archery was my main choice in my first play through, it is another satisfying way of entering combat and both archery and close quarters combat have their pros and cons. The new skill trees let you enhance your character further to unending lengths, you can be whoever you want to be and do whatever you want to do, if you opt to become a war hammer wielding warrior you can be along with all the benefits that brings or you can be a deadly archer a silently kill your foes. The skill trees allow you to unlock abilities in each tier such as, one handed, archery, sneak, light Armour, destruction magic and smithing. Everything on offer benefits you and making your choice can sometimes be a tough one. The map of Skyrim is huge, it may not be as big as Cyrodil but that was Bethesda's aim, to fill the world more densely. You can't go 100 meters in the game without encountering something or someone and it all adds to the action. You can go where ever you want and do any quest or side quest you have been given whenever you wish. It really is all down to you. The graphics have been improved dramatically and add great detail to this diverse world of forests, barren icy lands, swamps and mountains. Characters facial animations have also improved and so has the voice acting alongside it, this really does make the entire world more easy to get into. Talking to people is now interesting and fun, you can always find out something from them. There are a few downsides to this masterpiece however, glitches are common but most have been patched, the frame rate can drop considerably at times, especially on the Xbox, also some quests can become tedious and although Bethesda has tried to vary every dungeon, a lot of them do look very similar and can become boring to play through. The DLC available is also top quality, I have both the Dawnguard and Dragonborn DLCs and found them very fun to play through, Dragonborn offers a whole new map to explore in Morrowind and Dawnguard gives you a brilliant quest line with an abundance of riches when completed. So overall, Skyrim is an absolute masterpiece in gaming and raises the bar to a whole new level for all games in the genre. An addictive and brilliant game earns a 9 out of 10 from me. Expand
  38. May 10, 2013
    For some reason, when I rate this game I have to compare it to Dragon Age, Originals. These two games are different, Skyrim overrides DA:O in so many ways, however, overall I still think DA:O is a better game, mainly because the feeling are different when playing these games. For Skyrim, the most fun part is to explore, the map/locations are massive, whereas DA:O is a more story-drivenFor some reason, when I rate this game I have to compare it to Dragon Age, Originals. These two games are different, Skyrim overrides DA:O in so many ways, however, overall I still think DA:O is a better game, mainly because the feeling are different when playing these games. For Skyrim, the most fun part is to explore, the map/locations are massive, whereas DA:O is a more story-driven game. At the end of the day, I feel the only reason to play Skyrim for me is I want to find better loot or level up my skill points, and I consider it a let-down. Expand
  39. May 8, 2013
    I thought past TES games were Ok, but this one is awesome. I like it for the reasons that many of the fanbase dislike it, because it is so different from its predecessors by successfully fusing action with RPG. This game almost feels like an MMO the way that NPC's comment on things like weather and work with you to kill dragons. It does inevitably become too easy when playing stealth orI thought past TES games were Ok, but this one is awesome. I like it for the reasons that many of the fanbase dislike it, because it is so different from its predecessors by successfully fusing action with RPG. This game almost feels like an MMO the way that NPC's comment on things like weather and work with you to kill dragons. It does inevitably become too easy when playing stealth or warrior, but pure mage on master setting is very satisfying. Did I mention the magic (and overall combat) in this game is awesome!

2 Reasons this is not a 10:
    There needs to be a way of switching between spells or weapon configurations quickly and without pausing the game. Playing any character that relies on magic takes 5 times as long because you have to keep pausing between every other attack.
    There are an overwhelming number of bugs and glitches in this game. Bethesda is known for this in their games, and has done little to correct it because people find the glitches generally entertaining. Often times, however, they can be annoying or even game breaking. It is not a happy words that come from a gamers mouth when they just finally beat an epic battle with an elder dragon and a dragon priest (it happens) only to have the dragon priest body glitch into the ground to where you can't loot it.
  40. May 4, 2013
    this game is close to perfect, the visuals are amazing, the open world is amazing, the combat is amazing, everything is amazing this game is a must own for any gamer.
  41. May 4, 2013
    this game is the best game in the history of time. it does everything right and every other game I will ever play will always be compared to skyrim in every aspect
  42. May 4, 2013
    Full of expansive and amazing lore and history. A massive and living World. Highly ambitious and addictive.
    But choc full of bugs even to this day which kills everything good about it. Nothing more to say.
  43. May 1, 2013
    I was having problems with the disk in my xbox,but after a while it got better.The weapons are awesome,the spells are cool and it is so much fun exploring the amazing world.
  44. Apr 30, 2013
    firstly what drags me to play skyrim is the freedom in the game. the graphics are astonishing, the music is perfect for different battles or walking in the wilderness of skyrim. but this game has a few problems too. firstly the restriction on spells and enchanting items is wasteful now, i remember the days when in oblivion u could enchant armour to make u invisible! and when u hadfirstly what drags me to play skyrim is the freedom in the game. the graphics are astonishing, the music is perfect for different battles or walking in the wilderness of skyrim. but this game has a few problems too. firstly the restriction on spells and enchanting items is wasteful now, i remember the days when in oblivion u could enchant armour to make u invisible! and when u had minotaurs and unicorns running around. then i get to the point where u cant have daedra appear and attack people or when u cant kill the jarls or other people of importance. i get that u need them for the story line of a game but once u have completed it surely u should be able to put an arrow through their knee Expand
  45. Apr 30, 2013
    A great game, easily one of the greatest rpgs of this generation... But similiar to it's competitors, it isn't without it's flaws... Let's jut get one thing out of the way, the game looks amazing, though it is one to be viewed as a big picture because at closer inspection of many of the rocks, wood and items reveals some ugly textures... But one quickly forgets of these problems whenA great game, easily one of the greatest rpgs of this generation... But similiar to it's competitors, it isn't without it's flaws... Let's jut get one thing out of the way, the game looks amazing, though it is one to be viewed as a big picture because at closer inspection of many of the rocks, wood and items reveals some ugly textures... But one quickly forgets of these problems when viewing a beautifal view from a mountain.

One thing is poor about the graphics, and that is the horrible render distance. Everything pops in when you walk a meter, waterfalls look frozen from a distance and much of this is most notable in the the Rift where the trees from a distance look horrible.

One thing to mention is the story, and this mostly comes at a mixed bag. Almost all of the factions are un-interesting and shallow... And nothing actually impacts the world much except the quick phrase from a guard saying "Aren't you that new guy at the Companions?" even though you just became the leader. The only guild I actually enjoyed due to it's themes, characters and well written stories was the Thieves Guild.

Many of the side quests are interesting, some more then others with only a handful that actually stood out from the rest (No one Escapes Cidna Mine, The Forsworn Conspiracy etc) though the best of all of the games stories were the Deadric Quests due to the fact many of these actually had choices that gave you different rewards (such as a follower or artifact) depending on the difficicult moral choice given to you by the deadric lord.
    The civil war is alright... The politics and story behind is good, though the battles at the cities are laughable and the world barely changes after your faction winning and no moot is held.

The gameplay is good... If not a bit easy, it is best to replay the game on higher difficulties once the game is completed. I wish changing the difficulty changed more then just the damage output and recieved. The dungeons can get repetative and the puzzles are VERY easy, though this is a minor complaint. I also wish the sneaking was better and more realistic and the game had some kind of Hardcore mode like New Vegas but with taking acount the weather.

Overall the game is excellent, though isn't as perfect as many claim it to be. I hope Bethesda's next game would be not as linear and dumbed down and all of the stories to actually be great and choices affecting the world.
  46. Apr 29, 2013
    Well, what can I say... Skyrim is a fantastic game that is one of those games that can take allot of your time. It is quite beautiful and will remain a Great game for a long while. The story will get you engrossed with this game but sometimes takes a long time for the story to connect. The only thing that I dislike about this game and many people will find me being Petit but waiting toWell, what can I say... Skyrim is a fantastic game that is one of those games that can take allot of your time. It is quite beautiful and will remain a Great game for a long while. The story will get you engrossed with this game but sometimes takes a long time for the story to connect. The only thing that I dislike about this game and many people will find me being Petit but waiting to enter through doors (loading screens) takes ages and this is the main point I don't play this game as much as I use to. This game can also be glitchy at times like the fallout games which could just be down to the Engine? Once you have the best armour on the game their is not really any point of moving on because your pretty much unstoppable. I would recommend this to people that love RPG's Expand
  47. Apr 29, 2013
    Bethesda has managed to create what only few games are able to do, Skyrim provides the player with a huge and interesting gaming world but also have fun and entertaining game mechanics with equally nice graphics. Elder Scrolls 5 is by far one of the best games on the current generation systems
  48. Apr 25, 2013
    While this game doesn't have the epic story we're used to from other rpgs, it does by far have the most interesting world in video game history. Not only is it interesting to look at, this game has a dynamic and self sustaining world. Depending on the order you do the quests you come across, affects the world. From minor to drastic, there's a lot of changes. Like one quest can be skippedWhile this game doesn't have the epic story we're used to from other rpgs, it does by far have the most interesting world in video game history. Not only is it interesting to look at, this game has a dynamic and self sustaining world. Depending on the order you do the quests you come across, affects the world. From minor to drastic, there's a lot of changes. Like one quest can be skipped in the main questline completely by completing a certain side questline. It's a fantastic experience. And that's what it is. An experience. Not an epic game. And that's reason enough to buy it. Expand
  49. Apr 18, 2013
    I'd like to start this off by saying that this is a sandbox game and for people who prefer strict story-line games this probably isn't the game for you. Skyrim is one of the best games i have ever played. it has a pretty much never ending campaign, i spent at least 30 hours playing it and i probably completed around half of the game. The graphics are amazing. however the story line isn'tI'd like to start this off by saying that this is a sandbox game and for people who prefer strict story-line games this probably isn't the game for you. Skyrim is one of the best games i have ever played. it has a pretty much never ending campaign, i spent at least 30 hours playing it and i probably completed around half of the game. The graphics are amazing. however the story line isn't very long. the part that takes the longest is definitely the side-quests. overall this is an amazing game and i think that everyone should at least try it. Expand
  50. Apr 17, 2013
    Indiscutiblemente el mejor juego de esta generación y diria que de la historia, nunca me habia absorbido tanto un juego en mi vida, y lo mejor es el único juego que realmente te eriza la piel con su música concebida en un lugar màs allá de nuestro mundo
  51. Apr 16, 2013
    Masterful. Truly one of the greatest gaming series of all time comes up with another one to add to any collection for any breed of gamer. Although I don't think this game was as good as Oblivion, it was still epic. The main story line was slightly underwhelming, but the rest of the game is why you play it, and it doesn't disappoint.
  52. Apr 10, 2013
    A stunning game.
    A stunning game.
    Skyrim has truly been one of the best games I've ever played, certainly the one I've invested the most time in. Even after 200 hours, this game keeps its composure and shine. Sure, the novelty of open world wears off after awhile, but it's still so amazing how you can still discover something new after all this time playing. The colorful NPCs, (Even though there's only like- 20 voice actors) The beautiful landscape, and the engaging story lines made this game worth the $60. However, there are always criticisms. The marriage system. I really wish you could get divorced and have your own children. I bought hearthfire to adopt, thinking "Oh, I'm gonna be a father!" But it just isn't the same when you're an elf with nord kids. Still, that aside, the DLCs were well crafted, even though they were short.This game is, and always will be worth your money; a modern classic.
  53. Apr 10, 2013
    A magnificent and vast role playing experience that delivers on many levels. A common issue I have with most games today is that they are too short or relay on lots of DLC for the full game. With skyrim players have a massive amount of content in the disk and can choose to download additional content should one manage to get through the content of the main game.

With the elder scrolls

With the elder scrolls games and other Bethesda titles the gamer needs to invest a huge amount of time which is hard for those with careers. I sometimes wish I was back at university where time was a plenty. It almost feels that Bethesda cannot fail with this franchise.
  54. Apr 7, 2013
    i got this game at release date. i played it for like 10 days straight with a playtime of 70h I was so excited about this game and in the end i had a lot of fun this 10 days, while i finished all the side quest brotherhood. thief and so on i never finished the main story line because it was just very boring to me. dark brotherhood kinda dissapointed me the quest line was very short andi got this game at release date. i played it for like 10 days straight with a playtime of 70h I was so excited about this game and in the end i had a lot of fun this 10 days, while i finished all the side quest brotherhood. thief and so on i never finished the main story line because it was just very boring to me. dark brotherhood kinda dissapointed me the quest line was very short and not unique well tbh all the companion quests were pretty bad in comparison to the older titles. i played tes games since morrowind. if you like exploring in games this game is amazing but i feel like there arent really big rewards for it. a lot of mechanics got dumbed down sadly. crafting is good but you can craft such powerful armors that you oneshot every monster in the entire game and if you get that armor you will be bored pretty soon cause there will be no rewards for your actions. to sum up my 2 main cons are, first of all the combat system is very very bad it just gets old very quick you basically just click the hit button....thats it...they should really change something about it cause its like 50% of the game. the second thing is the main story and quests.. the main story is poor its not exciting at all and i wish they will made your character talk. while there are some quality quests the majority is pretty bad go there and kill that quests. its still a good game i played straight 10 games like a crazy man and then never touched it again. Expand
  55. Mar 30, 2013
    The game is flawed in many areas. But I'd rather have a flawed gem than a perfectly smooth rock. Bethesda has once again proved that they can produce beautifully crafted role-playing games with a visually stunning world and a giant pile of lore to fill it. Definitely one of the best games so far in this new decade.
  56. Mar 26, 2013
    The first few hours into Skyrim are the best few hours, after that you realize how bland the world is and how all the quests are the same. The story is feels non-existent and not explained, the guild quests all end in the same way, a lot of the skills are unnecessary. However my biggest problem with the game is that your character has no impact in the world even though your character isThe first few hours into Skyrim are the best few hours, after that you realize how bland the world is and how all the quests are the same. The story is feels non-existent and not explained, the guild quests all end in the same way, a lot of the skills are unnecessary. However my biggest problem with the game is that your character has no impact in the world even though your character is essentially a God. However it is easy to get immersed into the Relm of Skyrim with its 10/10 soundtrack, but you can easly get pulled out when you see some npc's and how there is 10 voice actors. If you don't mind having worse graphics and combat but a more detailed world, better towns/npc/skills/quests/challenge then I would recoment you play TES 3 Morrowind instead. I am intrested in what Bethesda does next and to see if is more casualised. Expand
  57. Mar 26, 2013
    The load times drove me nuts. 2 minutes to load a room. Besides that, this game was amazing and I probably spent 60 hours and hit maybe 20% of the things you can do in this game.
  58. Mar 14, 2013
    Definitely one of the best games I have ever played. Firstly the size of the game, in regards to the amount of things there are to actually do is great I played for hours without ever becoming remotely bored. The graphics used in the landscape was one of the components of the game that really stood out. It really drew me in and kept me playing. Another great part of the game was theDefinitely one of the best games I have ever played. Firstly the size of the game, in regards to the amount of things there are to actually do is great I played for hours without ever becoming remotely bored. The graphics used in the landscape was one of the components of the game that really stood out. It really drew me in and kept me playing. Another great part of the game was the extensive background story that really differentiates a mediocre open world RPG to Skyrim. For me the background was important in that it really represented again the size of the actual game itself and made it seem more real giving players the chance to turn their rather insignificant character into a history making hero.

59. lox
    Mar 5, 2013
    TES V Skyrim is easily one of the best games I have ever played and experienced in a long time, and my favorite game released in 2011, barely surpassing Batman Arkham City. This game has so much depth to it it almost feels endless at times. The pros do indeed outweigh the cons in this awesome RPG. In Skyrim you have the option of becoming a mage, archer, warrior, or you can be all three.TES V Skyrim is easily one of the best games I have ever played and experienced in a long time, and my favorite game released in 2011, barely surpassing Batman Arkham City. This game has so much depth to it it almost feels endless at times. The pros do indeed outweigh the cons in this awesome RPG. In Skyrim you have the option of becoming a mage, archer, warrior, or you can be all three. In my first playthrough I was a mage. This in my opinion, is easily the most enjoyable and satisfying combat type to play as in Skyrim. Shooting fire, ice or electricity bolts which potentially one shot enemies is so satisfying in this game. The more you level up in the game the more godlike your character becomes. You feel a great sense of achievement when your character is high level. There is so much depth to this game that it's almost unreal. Now since I said the pros outweigh the cons, I will go into the cons now. The two main cons I had with this game were the overwhelming amount of bugs and glitches, and the slightly forgettable main quest. Regarding the technical problems(bugs, glitches etc), these are somewhat expected in a game as huge as Skyrim. The main quest on the other hand could have had much more to it in terms of length and twists. It felt under-delivered and too short in my opinion. But these two gripes are hardly noticeable in a game that is packed with content, and is almost endless. I loved exploring the land of Skyrim visiting snowy mountains, grassy plains, and clearing dungeons and caves as well. I am terribly arachnophobic, and each time I encountered incredibly detailed and realistic mutant spiders developed by the great dev's at Bethesda, I almost jumped out of my seat every time. The scare was always there. Overall Skyrim is an epic RPG and I highly recommend it. Expand
  60. Mar 4, 2013
    With side-line quests (respective to the 'main' quest) so in-depth one may forget his actual objective. One's character leaves the player yearning to advance, possibly at high-costs (time-wise), in real life to accomplish uncovering the curiosity that lays before him in the world of Skyrim, and attaining the skills/money/weapons that he feels himself destined to. The subtleties of the gameWith side-line quests (respective to the 'main' quest) so in-depth one may forget his actual objective. One's character leaves the player yearning to advance, possibly at high-costs (time-wise), in real life to accomplish uncovering the curiosity that lays before him in the world of Skyrim, and attaining the skills/money/weapons that he feels himself destined to. The subtleties of the game (take the seemingly limitless amounts of literature around the world), as well as its broad picture, altogether leave the player initially awe-struck only to diminish this by substantial amounts of game-time. Expand
  61. Mar 2, 2013
    Easily the best RPG game I have ever played! True open world, and has many side quests. Tons of characters, armor, weapons, etc to choose from. I can't wait for Elder Scrolls 6 to be released
  62. Feb 26, 2013
    Es de los mejores RPG de esta generación es divertido y con una gran mitología compra obligada. No tiene multijugador pero no es algo que se extrañe cuando se tienen más de 100 horas de juego.
  63. Feb 24, 2013
    It's been over a year since Skyrim came out. I eagerly threw down money towards a pre-order of the game in mid-2011 and waited in line for over an hour to pick it up on release day at the EB Games I often took my business to. When I first played it, I was excited! Even on a console, where the inability to swap graphics cards limits the quality of the visuals, I was stunned by the game'sIt's been over a year since Skyrim came out. I eagerly threw down money towards a pre-order of the game in mid-2011 and waited in line for over an hour to pick it up on release day at the EB Games I often took my business to. When I first played it, I was excited! Even on a console, where the inability to swap graphics cards limits the quality of the visuals, I was stunned by the game's aesthetic beauty! I found the character creation system much improved when compared to Oblivion and the NPC character models had improved greatly! Now I could dual-wield, arming myself with a weapon in each hand, or a weapon in one, leaving the other free to cast spells, or I could cast two different spells at once! There was a whole new world for me to explore and it looked like a massive improvement over previous Elder Scrolls games and even when compared to more recent titles like Fallout 3 and Obsidian's Fallout: New Vegas! And there were dragons! Gorgeous, terrifying dragons!!

I played for many hours, enjoying quests, dungeon crawls, or just the simple joy of exploration. Crafting was better than it had ever been and I enjoyed enchanting and naming items of clothing and weapons. I bought Hearthfire and Dawnguard almost immediately when they came out.

... and then somewhere down the line, something happened. I lost interest.

This has happened to me before with previous Bethesda games. Well, not just any Bethesda games, but Elder Scrolls games in particular. I had no trouble finishing Fallout 3 with all the DLC. Ditto for the Bethesda published, Obsidian developed Fallout: New Vegas (which I think is better than FO3 in many ways). I had been burned before with TES and I should have known better, but I'd gotten caught up in the hype. "This Elder Scrolls game is going to be different!"

The fundamental problem at the core of Elder Scrolls games, and to a larger extent their other massive open-world RPGs, is that Bethesda don't give a flying f*** about story and plot. They simply don't feel it's important. They see it as merely a hook to get players into games which they feel are all about exploration and freeform gameplay, which is fine for some people, but for me it creates a barrier. I find myself unmotivated to advance towards the end of the game, whether I'm allowed to continue after the main story is done or whether I need to do everything I want to do before finishing the main story because once it's done, the credits roll and I have to load from an earlier save. Generic, dull stock fantasy "save the world from ancient evil" stories don't really do it for me unless they are written by clever, masterful writers who are knowledgeable about the genre and are aware of cliches and tropes and how to use them in refreshing ways. Bethesda's writers either don't have a gift for this, are told to keep it simple, or simply don't care because good storytelling isn't a part of Bethsoft's mandate.

This story problem was something of an issue with FO3. The main character was a vault dweller, like in the first game. The Enclave was brought back because Bethesda needed a main baddie faction and the Enclave are popular with Fallout fans, rather than coming up with a faction they could truly call their own. The G.E.C.K., the MacGuffin in Fallout 2, was recycled because it was easier to do that then for Bethesda's writing team to come up with something new. Fallout 3, though, at least boasted an interesting setting and it wasn't 300+ hours long BEFORE the DLC. Non-player characters are another major gripe of mine with every Elder Scrolls game I have ever played (Morrowind onwards). The NPCs in Skyrim are all uniformly bland. They don't have anything interesting or humorous to say (lines that accidentally go memetic, notwithstanding). It seems the writers have a tin ear for dialogue, but that might be their attempt to stay within the confines of the heroic fantasy genre, where a lot of people expect dialogue to be stilted and contain archaic words or turns of phrase. The voice acting, apart from Hollywood actors Bethesda hires for bit roles, is solid but unremarkable.

In the absence of interesting NPCs, I find myself having a hard time giving a crap about the world or any threats to it. Why should I care what happens to the world when NPCs and even recruitable don't feel like people I can relate to. Would it kill them to try and make the companions in TES at least remotely interesting or give the sense that these are individuals and not just copy and pasted templates?

I think I'm going to take a pass on whatever banal new land Bethesda wants us to fart around in next time they make an Elder Scrolls game. P.S. I really wish Bethesda would let Obsidian do all their Fallout games. Obsidian do a better job and Bethsoft could focus more time and effort on IPs they actually seem to care the most about. Bethesda collects royalties, Obsidian makes better games, fans are happy, everybody wins!!
  64. Feb 12, 2013
    I will be honest, I began to really hate this game at first. The reason why is the first time I played it, I couldn't complete 1 quest because the 1st enemies were frustratingly hard. I do a simple trick to level up my character, but I still get killed more times than a Call of Duty game. Also, I really hated that friggin' Loading Screen. It takes forever, even when I'm killed all the timeI will be honest, I began to really hate this game at first. The reason why is the first time I played it, I couldn't complete 1 quest because the 1st enemies were frustratingly hard. I do a simple trick to level up my character, but I still get killed more times than a Call of Duty game. Also, I really hated that friggin' Loading Screen. It takes forever, even when I'm killed all the time it takes me back to the Loading Screen. I was seriously about to get my money back....that is till I noticed that there is a Difficulty Setting, I never knew there would be one in a game like this. So I changed it, and now I finally got through the game much better. All I can say is THANK GOD I didn't return it! After completing multiple Quest's and powered up my characters armor and weapons, I became so addicted to the game for hours. The Quest's is great, the Side Quest's are great, the Design is great, the RPG Experience is great, the multiple character classes and stories were great.....everything is absolutely perfect in this game. The only thing that still pisses me off is the Loading Screen. I can understand that it's an Open-World RPG, and the game is HUGE! But still, the loading screen takes forever. Aside from that, this game is absolutely recommendable. If you never played this game yet, GET IT! Just be sure to change the Difficulty Setting just in case you get frustrated like I did. I'm glad I played it and looking forward to play more of it. Expand
  65. Feb 8, 2013
    The leveling system in this game is absolutely horrible. As you level up, enemies around you also power up. This leads to the feeling that no matter how much effort you put into your character, you're never making any progress.
  66. Feb 8, 2013
    This is my first The Elder Scrolls game I have played, and I enjoyed it very much! After awhile though the dungeons get repetitive and it was tiring to level up in the late point in the game by improving other skills I didn't want to do because I wanted to stick to a single play style to get a nice RPG feel. But overall I enjoyed the game especially fighting the dragons.
  67. Jan 21, 2013
    I greatly enjoyed playing The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim, it improves on Oblivion in almost every single way. First off the game is visually stunning and is really enjoyable to go walking around and look at the game world. Every region seems individually crafted unlike in Fallout 3. The regions are also nicely varied, you have snowy mountain peaks,(my personal favorite) forests, swamps andI greatly enjoyed playing The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim, it improves on Oblivion in almost every single way. First off the game is visually stunning and is really enjoyable to go walking around and look at the game world. Every region seems individually crafted unlike in Fallout 3. The regions are also nicely varied, you have snowy mountain peaks,(my personal favorite) forests, swamps and tundra. Onto the weapons and combat, the weapons are well done and look good but i do wish there were more types of armor and weapons. The combat is better but still a little stiff, but the addition of duel wielding an ax with a fire spell or a dagger with a healing spell or something of the like makes the combat more customisable. Technical the game deserves much to be desired, the textures especially on shade and snow is kind of blurry, also loading times are incredibly long. In my opinion the games biggest problem is its gear progression, by that I mean you'll be using near top tier weaponry by level thirty or so, that really can make the game dull in later levels. The story is quite good and its above average for a Bethesda game, along with the main quest you have guild quests, misc quests, side quests and faction quests. Over all this is a great game for any fan of video games, with its sprawling, beautiful landscape and addictive gameplay, The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim is truly a classic game. Expand
  68. Jan 20, 2013
    I have had an infinite amount of issues. The combat. It's boring dialogue. Copy and paste dungeons. Lack of variety. Quantity over quality. Environments are repetitive. Disarm shouts making you lose your weapons permanently. Consistent freezing. Quests being impossible to complete due to glitches. Constant trips to sell/store items due to being overencumbered. Repeat voice actors. Won'tI have had an infinite amount of issues. The combat. It's boring dialogue. Copy and paste dungeons. Lack of variety. Quantity over quality. Environments are repetitive. Disarm shouts making you lose your weapons permanently. Consistent freezing. Quests being impossible to complete due to glitches. Constant trips to sell/store items due to being overencumbered. Repeat voice actors. Won't let me fast travel even if there isn't an enemy near me. Too much walking. Lockpicking breaks don't reset my pick to where it was when it broke. No reason to care about my character's role in the story. Dragons become repetitive too after you've fought 10 of them. All the mountains in my way ... WHY CANT I CLIMB?! Also, no distance meters to show me how far target locations are. ...some quests I can't do because I need a key from another quest I haven't gotten yet. All of these glitches and issues...

...all of these glitches and issues....

...yet I love the game. It is very easy to overlook the technical hiccups due to just how immersed you can become in this wonderfully crafted world. I think they just tried to put *too much* in, and in doing so were unable to fix every little glitch. This game looks great, can be played however you want to play it, and is a definitive RPG for the ages.
  69. Jan 20, 2013
    Graphics: 6/10 Gameplay: 7/10 Story: 7/10 Enjoyment: 3/10 = 5.75 (Average)
    Masterpiece? No. Nowhere near. That would mean that you would have no glitches. Wait what? This game has glitches? I thought it was a masterpiece? Meaning it's not perfect? Could of fooled me with these reviews.
    Graphics: 6/10 Gameplay: 7/10 Story: 7/10 Enjoyment: 3/10 = 5.75 (Average)
    And no that is not the only reason I marked it down. I marked it down because it's boring and repetitive! I got this game close to when it came out and my longest session with it is like 30 minutes. Thanks for reading and I'll JackYaLater.
  70. Jan 18, 2013
    This game is impossible to beat. I have tried multiple times to get past the opening sequence and keep getting killed by some firebreathing mofo that appears our of the sky. There is no good way to pick up weapons in this hurried up version of "get the hell out of here". And my character keeps getting charbroiled like a hamburger on a George Forman Grill, sealing in the flavor and not theThis game is impossible to beat. I have tried multiple times to get past the opening sequence and keep getting killed by some firebreathing mofo that appears our of the sky. There is no good way to pick up weapons in this hurried up version of "get the hell out of here". And my character keeps getting charbroiled like a hamburger on a George Forman Grill, sealing in the flavor and not the fat. As far as this game goes I would have to say that it sucks "Goat Scroats" in the same fashion that Ruxin from the Leauge believes that Dre Town sucks "Goat Scroats". In conclusion, I'm glad this game came free with my system purchase because if I had laid down the $59.99 for it, I would probably hang myself from the nearest non-dragon charred tree. Expand
  71. Jan 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim is an RPG adventure game, and is the next game to be released in the series from Oblivion. Skyrim is set in the Tamerial County in a place that is self explanatory called Skyrim, by lore Skyrim belongs to the Nords but as the same as the others there are also many different races that roam the lands. Character customisation has been widened to what it was in Oblivion, you have the exact same races but they have all been altered to look more lifelike and are very detailed and you are free to chose which ever race you like, another thing that I found good is that different races can sometimes cause NPCs to say different dialogues to you as the player which I found interesting and I liked the idea. Other new customisations allow you to add face paint option and chose you style and colour, how muscular is your character.

When you have finished creating and finalising him/her, you are born into the world of Skyrim and are immediately are shown the graphics and how hard Bethesda have worked to create this beautiful landscape.

You start off as a prisoner which is the exact same in previous elder scrolls game they really do just change the scenario from being in a dungeon and rescued
  72. Jan 16, 2013
    glitches up the ass but decent game overall so play it or die fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
  73. Jan 15, 2013
    Originally, at release, I gave this game a 10 (for the 360). Over a year later I fired it up again... but it felt empty. I wasn't attached to any single part of it and wasn't compelled by any single mechanic. Once you've explored the world, you're left wondering "what else?" So I put it down. Weeks later I had the opportunity to load it up on my PC. At that point, I got into all ofOriginally, at release, I gave this game a 10 (for the 360). Over a year later I fired it up again... but it felt empty. I wasn't attached to any single part of it and wasn't compelled by any single mechanic. Once you've explored the world, you're left wondering "what else?" So I put it down. Weeks later I had the opportunity to load it up on my PC. At that point, I got into all of the wonderful mods available. It was then that I realized that this game is merely "pretty good" until you mod the everliving **** out of it. With hours worth of mod collecting and testing you can assemble a highly replayable experience... but by that time you're more concerned with mods than the game itself. This is a good game. But with the benefit of some time and perspective I'd say it's more of an 8.5 than a 10. And since Metacritic doesn't allow for half-scores, I have to round down to 8, since it is more of an 8 than a 9. Expand
  74. Jan 14, 2013
    This is the best game I have ever played! The graphics are great for the size of the game world, the music is amazing, and the gameplay is fun. Coupled with the awesome story, lore, and voice acting, this game is a must own.
  75. Jan 13, 2013
    if you dont own it get it. just so nice to wander around in and most of what you can see you can get to and explore. load times when opening a door or quick travel can be long but all is forgiven for just such a great game
  76. Jan 9, 2013
    Why does this game get a 10 from me? Well to make a long review short; it has everything I want in a game. Great story, versatile gameplay, freedom of choice, doesn't get easily bored and so much more. I have yet to play a game that gives me the same exiting feeling every time I play it, especially after the amount of hour's I have played it (at least 300 hours). I only have it on theWhy does this game get a 10 from me? Well to make a long review short; it has everything I want in a game. Great story, versatile gameplay, freedom of choice, doesn't get easily bored and so much more. I have yet to play a game that gives me the same exiting feeling every time I play it, especially after the amount of hour's I have played it (at least 300 hours). I only have it on the xbox, but I'm planing to buy it for my pc as well. My sister say's it's a lot better there, especially when it comes to graphics. Expand
  77. Jan 7, 2013
    Dragonborn is an impressive DLC, introducing a whole new area, with new and interesting friends, enemies, and incentives to keep one busy for an extended period of time. My character started Dragonborn at level 81, therefore, my experience would have been more enjoyable had I still been developing my character; this gives me reason to begin a brand new character. However, because I was 81,Dragonborn is an impressive DLC, introducing a whole new area, with new and interesting friends, enemies, and incentives to keep one busy for an extended period of time. My character started Dragonborn at level 81, therefore, my experience would have been more enjoyable had I still been developing my character; this gives me reason to begin a brand new character. However, because I was 81, I had the privilege to face the Ebony Warrior. The main quest of Dragonborn offers environments that remind me of an old school first person shooter atmosphere, like the Expand
  78. Jan 5, 2013
    Skyrim is a brilliant RPG with outstanding graphics,very good story,very good DLCs,many hours of playtime,very good combat system and leveling system,if you are a RPG fan and you dont already own skyrim just bought it is the best RPG ever.Just a masterpiece and of course a 10/10
  79. Jan 3, 2013
    Skyrim offers everything that I look for in an RPG - deep character creation, great looking locations, countless quests, involving story arcs, exploration, deep lore for those interested and...dragons! I would not go as far as to call Skyrim my idea of a perfect RPG (there are some aspects that I am not so keen on, such as too many repetitive dragon fights and buggy companions), but itSkyrim offers everything that I look for in an RPG - deep character creation, great looking locations, countless quests, involving story arcs, exploration, deep lore for those interested and...dragons! I would not go as far as to call Skyrim my idea of a perfect RPG (there are some aspects that I am not so keen on, such as too many repetitive dragon fights and buggy companions), but it comes very close to it. Not a game for those who like their RPGs to be linear or lovers of cinematic cut-scenes. But for anyone who loves wide open worlds full of dungeons to explore, bandits to put to the sword and capricious Gods - this is the game for you. Expand
  80. Jan 2, 2013
    The game features nice graphics, good sound, bad gameplay and very good longevity. When you play this game, you will get bored very soon: the gameplay doesn't have a point, a competition. You just play it for relaxing. You go and get some special object, but the game isn't competitive. It doesn't have a point. Very extended world, good graphics, but poor performance, and the game is fullThe game features nice graphics, good sound, bad gameplay and very good longevity. When you play this game, you will get bored very soon: the gameplay doesn't have a point, a competition. You just play it for relaxing. You go and get some special object, but the game isn't competitive. It doesn't have a point. Very extended world, good graphics, but poor performance, and the game is full of bugs. Good plot. Gameplay 2/10 Graphics/Performance 2/10 Plot 5/10 Longevity 6.25/10 Average: 3.81 OVERALL SCORE: 3/10 (not an average) Expand
  81. Jan 1, 2013
    This game has so much to offer, so many things to do, and it enraptures the mind in a Lord of the Rings sort of way. It is extremly well made, but after a while, like all open world games, it gets monotonous. However it's story is brilliant, the graphics and gameplay are incredible, and even though i grew bored of this game, I loved the time I spent learning every facet of the large worldThis game has so much to offer, so many things to do, and it enraptures the mind in a Lord of the Rings sort of way. It is extremly well made, but after a while, like all open world games, it gets monotonous. However it's story is brilliant, the graphics and gameplay are incredible, and even though i grew bored of this game, I loved the time I spent learning every facet of the large world of skyrim Expand
  82. Dec 20, 2012
    I first went into this game not being all that impress with the world and engine but after exploring 100+ hours into my first build, I was very entertain through out the adventure. Non the less, your actions are not as impacting to the world compare to Bethesda's last game Fallout 3. I really enjoy the new Leveling system which comes in many skill trees. Each action you do for that skillI first went into this game not being all that impress with the world and engine but after exploring 100+ hours into my first build, I was very entertain through out the adventure. Non the less, your actions are not as impacting to the world compare to Bethesda's last game Fallout 3. I really enjoy the new Leveling system which comes in many skill trees. Each action you do for that skill tree levels up the more you do it, this will unlock perks on that tree that gives extras bonus to your character, depending on the trees you spend the most on will define your characters play style. Events happen around the world of Skyrim such as random Dragons crossing by, attacking a near by town. Killing these huge dragons rewards you Dragon souls use to unlock hidden shouts. I found the shout system really useful since it can be used for all play styles. Skyrim may be big with many events and quest to do but there isn't as much conflict then just the civil war. Choices kind of seem a bit limited and your actions don't reflect too heavy on your overall playthrough. Dungeons can get repetitive, giving you the same puzzles and enemies to fight but I have been wowed in a few dungeons that looked open and creative. Lastly, for an open world game, there are bugs that could ruin your playthrough but nothing but a good quick-save could resolve the problem. Overall, despite the lack of some impacting story/side quest, Skyrim is really fun and well design in gameplay. There are many ways to build your character adding new and different playthroughs with different play styles. For your money, your getting a lot for package. Expand
  83. pxl
    Dec 20, 2012
    A masterpiece, a game with a lot of replay value and can be enjoyed in every sense of the imagination. Your playstyle can alternate completely and it's due to that fact that you can enjoy this game with the full capacity the game has to offer. Well done Bethesda.
  84. Dec 14, 2012
    This is definitely my favourite game for the Xbox 360. There is so much to do, and so many different ways to play, that you will never get bored of it.
  85. Dec 13, 2012
    As an adolescent, I was easily entranced by the magical realism of role playing video games. They took me to fantastic worlds I did not know I had access to and induced emotional peaks I did not know I could reach. Today, I eagerly seek out games that provide a exceptional level of immersion and completeness. I want a game to enable my re-visitation of those wondrous childhood dreamscapes.As an adolescent, I was easily entranced by the magical realism of role playing video games. They took me to fantastic worlds I did not know I had access to and induced emotional peaks I did not know I could reach. Today, I eagerly seek out games that provide a exceptional level of immersion and completeness. I want a game to enable my re-visitation of those wondrous childhood dreamscapes. Skyrim is an anomaly. How did this game emerge from a contemporary gaming landscape plagued by infinitely repetitious, borderline masochistic online cluster f*ck ``adventures`` such as World of Warcraft or Guild Wars 2? May the hordes of PC gamers unite in their digital attack of this query, I give you my blessing. Skyrim is the cure for the disease infecting modern RPG gaming. Even the most garbage mouthed, irrational forum troll could not convince me otherwise. Play the game. Immerse yourself. You`ll find Skyrim offers you what your beloved MMORPG cannot: choice.

Don`t turn off, tune in. Get involved emotionally with the serenity of Tamriel`s bubbling brooks and be inspired by its kingly mountains. Listen to the stories being whispering by townspeople to you, a passing stranger, wandering a vast feudal landscape rife with unique political struggles and social consequentialism. Or, you could tune-out, turn off, hypnotize yourself with mind-numbing hoarding. Skyrim encapsulates the best of both worlds.

I write this having already had my fill of Skyrim. We had a passionate and attentive relationship, but for the most part, its over. Yes, recent DLC tempts me as much as the next Bethseda fan-boy, but I feel more inclined to abstain. I`ll save it for a rainy day, perhaps. My point is that coming out the otherside of my Skyrim expereince, I can assure any readers in full condifence that this was the best game I played this year. Skyrim is probably the best game I`ve played in five years. I for one, put my faith in Bethseda to be the ray of light that penetrates through the hazy future of RPG gaming. So cheers to you, Bethseda, and cheers to those who forgot, if only for a moment, that they were playing a video game.
  86. Dec 12, 2012
    Like almost everyone else I was enthralled when it first came out. My first experience with this game was amazing, it met my expectations and surpassed them a million times over. And 200 hours later, after doing and seeing every possible thing there was to do in Skyrim, I said: Now what? I tried to start a new game from scratch, and I did still really enjoy it, problem was the magic andLike almost everyone else I was enthralled when it first came out. My first experience with this game was amazing, it met my expectations and surpassed them a million times over. And 200 hours later, after doing and seeing every possible thing there was to do in Skyrim, I said: Now what? I tried to start a new game from scratch, and I did still really enjoy it, problem was the magic and wonder of exploring the game this time round felt more like a chore than an adventure. Skyrim is an absolutely great game, that is worthy of the praise that it gets. But I can not help but feel that it is the kind of game that you can only really enjoy the first time you play it through. So this lack of replayability is perhaps the only real critique I can give it. Granted the bugs were annoying, but forgivable and generally I rarely noticed them for long. So Overall a great game that perhaps tries far to much, a bit more diversity in playthroughs could have added morel life to this game. Expand
  87. Dec 10, 2012
    One of the greatest games on Xbox 360. In my opinion Oblivion was brilliant but Bethesda just ended up doing an improved version of Oblivion there is the odd glitch here and there but once you get past that you see a true masterpiece in gaming
  88. Dec 4, 2012
    It's a game that you will absolutely lose the time on. I played it for about 8 hours and only felt like 1. It's goddamn great. Graphics, voice acting, story. It's got it all
  89. Dec 3, 2012
    Ok I will keep this short because I will go on a rant if I don't. First of all Oblivion is one of my favourite games of all time and to see me to find this game OK and, most of the time, HATE really baffles me, the problem is I don't know why I dislike it. I always seem to go from 'this game is ok' to 'bloody hell am I bored' and this is weird because it has great graphics and a simple andOk I will keep this short because I will go on a rant if I don't. First of all Oblivion is one of my favourite games of all time and to see me to find this game OK and, most of the time, HATE really baffles me, the problem is I don't know why I dislike it. I always seem to go from 'this game is ok' to 'bloody hell am I bored' and this is weird because it has great graphics and a simple and fun upgrade system and combat system. I guess it is very dull compared to the previous game graphics wise as the characters and scenery are really gritty and realistic compared to when they were simple and not realistic in the last game. The missions are go to point A to point B but it was like that in oblivion, but I really enjoyed it in that game, maybe it is the feeling of 'been there done that'. Bottom line I have played this game and completed it completely once and I will not go back, the reason I am giving this game this score is because I hope to actually enjoy it is the long run because I love oblivion, fallout 3 and new vegas. 5/10 (also there are no gates of oblivion so that's a plus) Expand
  90. Dec 3, 2012
    Probably the best game I've played. Like ever. Always been a fan of the Elder Scrolls but this game makes Oblivion look shocking. Some of the scenery you can see is better than anything in the real world and the battle engine is incredible. On top of all that, the graphics kick ass and the leveling system is up there with the best, giving you the chance to grow your character in theProbably the best game I've played. Like ever. Always been a fan of the Elder Scrolls but this game makes Oblivion look shocking. Some of the scenery you can see is better than anything in the real world and the battle engine is incredible. On top of all that, the graphics kick ass and the leveling system is up there with the best, giving you the chance to grow your character in the areas you want. Expand
  91. Nov 28, 2012
    Currently on my 2nd play thru and have downloaded the add ons. With Dragonborn Expansion this is the best time to go thru the game again. By far the best RPG to date.
  92. Nov 27, 2012
    As engaging and involved as a game can be, Skyrim is easily one of my favorite games of all time. It can be played various ways allowing for hundreds of hours of game play. As a wise friend once said "this game is the proverbial rabit hole". The many guilds, factions, and main story alone are all well crafted stories that allow you to become a truly great hero. The inclusion of dragonsAs engaging and involved as a game can be, Skyrim is easily one of my favorite games of all time. It can be played various ways allowing for hundreds of hours of game play. As a wise friend once said "this game is the proverbial rabit hole". The many guilds, factions, and main story alone are all well crafted stories that allow you to become a truly great hero. The inclusion of dragons in this installment is a welcomed feature. Like any Elder Scrolls game there are some bugs but they are to be expected and during my 100 plus hour, and continuing, play through haven't been enough to make me love this game or give it a perfect 10 score. Do yourself a favor, say goodbye to friends and family, and dive in. Expand
  93. Nov 22, 2012
    Excellent game, TESV:Skyrim allows players to create a very customisable character and explore a huge world, complete a huge list of quests, clear hundreds of dungeons and more. Graphics wise, a very top-notch game, from the snowy mountain peaks to the grassy plains, constantly impressing. The music is some of the best ever heard in a game before, absolutely breath taking. The game couldExcellent game, TESV:Skyrim allows players to create a very customisable character and explore a huge world, complete a huge list of quests, clear hundreds of dungeons and more. Graphics wise, a very top-notch game, from the snowy mountain peaks to the grassy plains, constantly impressing. The music is some of the best ever heard in a game before, absolutely breath taking. The game could have used with a more customisable character skill wise, and shipped with fewer bugs, but these are minor nit-picks in one of the most amazing RPGs ever made. Expand
  94. Nov 20, 2012
    One of the best RPG's ever, a must get for those who wants a taste of TES series. Good storyline (especially before entering the Valhalla-hall looking place), range of weapons, spells, enemies, allies, armors, and much much more. Skyrim can surely be enjoyable for months as there are various mini-quests and side-quests.

There are some minor bugs and bad textures but those aren't

There are some minor bugs and bad textures but those aren't important at all.
  95. Nov 19, 2012
    EPIC IT IS SUCH A COOL GAME. THERE IS SO MUCH TO DO FIGHT, HUNT, PUT POTS OVER PEOPLES HEAD AND STEAL ALL THERE STUFF, THERE IS JUST SO MUCH TO Do. and if you don't like it, I don't like you
  96. Nov 15, 2012
    el mejor juego que he jugado, muy divertido, muchas horas de diversion garantizadas , muy recomendable especialmente si te gustan los juegos de rol. have fun!!
  97. Nov 14, 2012
    Amazing visuals, Epic sound track, great game play. Is it better than oblivion? No it's not! The main story is boring with little consequent, guild missions are no where near as good as oblivion. The game is amazing but so much effort into making it look good with so little time spent on making a epic story! On a side note "some" of the side missions are great...
  98. Nov 13, 2012
    Upon reflection, I'd say that of all games I've ever played, Skyrim is one of three I would give a 10 of 10, and it's easily my favorite game of all-time. Stunning visuals and huge environments, fantastic enemies and NPC's, easy interface and crafting, loads of engrossing story lines: Skyrim has it all. Even the glitches are cute and hilarious rather than frustrating or game breaking.Upon reflection, I'd say that of all games I've ever played, Skyrim is one of three I would give a 10 of 10, and it's easily my favorite game of all-time. Stunning visuals and huge environments, fantastic enemies and NPC's, easy interface and crafting, loads of engrossing story lines: Skyrim has it all. Even the glitches are cute and hilarious rather than frustrating or game breaking. Tons of quality and unmatched quantity that will have you playing, re-playing, and downloading every DLC for more chances to go back to Skyrim. It's a game you become a part of very easily, and once you jump in, Skyrim feels like home and you don't want to leave. It may not be perfect, but it's the most fun I've had playing a game, and I'm still playing a year after release. Expand
  99. Nov 13, 2012
    This game is soooo much fun i love going around and attemping to kill any mofo that gets in my, this is a most have for any RPG fan, i ve already killed so many hours of my life in this game
  100. Nov 13, 2012
    The Elder Scrolls series has fascinated me since i bought Oblivion, and has had me captivated since the beginning. Skyrim is no exception. With it's rich content, endless quests, intriguing storyline, and realistic characters, it is likely one of the cornerstone games of the decade. The controls are smooth, and the combat is easy to grasp. Not only is the customization level unprecedentedThe Elder Scrolls series has fascinated me since i bought Oblivion, and has had me captivated since the beginning. Skyrim is no exception. With it's rich content, endless quests, intriguing storyline, and realistic characters, it is likely one of the cornerstone games of the decade. The controls are smooth, and the combat is easy to grasp. Not only is the customization level unprecedented in the RPG genre (at least in the U.S.), but the entirety of the skillset is conducive to combinations and creativity. Even the AI is better than in Oblivion, with (thankfully) more voice actors and dialogue options. The textures, music, and sound effects are also beautiful beyond anything I have ever seen in a game before. In spite of the numerous glitches and the at times repetitive quest set (which is expected for such a massive, complex game), It is easily the best game I have ever played. Expand

1. Feb 6, 2012
    This epic role-playing game might be Bethesda's best game yet, and offers an unique and spectacular world filled with fun. The freedom ensures a great experience for both the casual and hardcore gamer, as you're free to play the game how you like.
  2. Dec 16, 2011
    Skyrim is the largest, and most compelling work that I've had the opportunity to play this year. It's engaging, engrossing, and will take over your gaming life for many months to come. Not only is Skyrim among the best that 2011 has to offer, but for me, this is, without hesitation, the Game of the Year.
  3. Dec 16, 2011