8.4

1. Nov 11, 2011
    cant even explain how good this game is , only reason you wouldnt like it is if you only play games that have you move in a straight line and hold your hand through the thing e.g. most fps .
    the game involves having a brain to play not just hack and salsh from end of a map to the other.
  2. Nov 11, 2011
    Just wanted to cancel Merrill4Life critic, which as always is full a **** Look at the user history and you will notice that this user always destroys everything competing against the DA2 debacle. His reviews are copy/pasted just to promote DA2, EA and Bioware, which has nothing to do with Skyrim, just like my review. But mine serves the purpose to cancel his.
  3. Nov 11, 2011
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has by far exceeded my expectations. Personally I am not a fan of the Fallout series and as the press for this game came out it seemed that the game was becoming more like Fallout and less like Oblivion. Happily this is not the case
  4. Nov 11, 2011
    I've never played an RPG in my life, they just aren't my type of game. However after viewing trailers and gameplay it was hard to ignore this game and not get sucked in so I went and bought the game this morning. I've been playing it all day and i'm hooked.

The game really sucks you in from the very beginning. Whether it be main quests or side quests there's always loads to do and looking at the size of the map I can't begin to imagine how long it would even take to explore everywhere.

So to anyone worried they won't like this game, if they're like me and don't play many RPG's... don't be worried. The game will suck you in with its incredible environment, great combat system, likable characters, cool puzzles, imaginative quests and the rewards achieved when leveling up. JUST GO BUY IT NOW!
  5. Nov 11, 2011
    Coming from someone who hated Oblivion,I must say this is one of the best games I've ever played.
    Lets just get this out of the way,YES there are bugs but seriously who cares?! The map is freakin huge what do you expect.
    Now I absolutely hated oblivion,so I was skeptical buying this but i'm glad I bought it now. There is so much to do and see.If this doesn't get GOTY then accuse my french
    There is so much to do and see.If this doesn't get GOTY then accuse my french but you can Suck my balls.
    I could list 101 reasons to buy this game but I have a feeling this review is too long as it is.
  6. Nov 11, 2011
    This truly is the most beautiful game I have ever seen. A masterpiece and an epic world for you to explore and discover. The is the definitive game for this generation of consoles.
  7. Nov 11, 2011
    A beautiful and mystifying game. A true step forward in the series, and a mark of excellence. Small inconsistencies will be fixed with patches soon, but none are game breaking. Unimaginative sequels take note! (MW3) this is how you make a sequel. There are honestly too many high points about this game to list, so just go play it! Special thanks to Chopper79 for completely missing theA beautiful and mystifying game. A true step forward in the series, and a mark of excellence. Small inconsistencies will be fixed with patches soon, but none are game breaking. Unimaginative sequels take note! (MW3) this is how you make a sequel. There are honestly too many high points about this game to list, so just go play it! Special thanks to Chopper79 for completely missing the point, enjoy playing MW3 with the rest of the sheep. Expand
  8. Nov 11, 2011
    I am a fan of multi-player epics like Modern Warfare, Battlefield, and Halo, but I have to say this may be the best game i now own for the 360. It is incredibly detailed and immerses you in a complete movie like experience that doesn't end in 2 hours. All around i have to say that this is a must buy for any owner of any console.
  9. Nov 11, 2011
    Amazing game. One point off because the menu system took a huge step backwards. Tons of stuff to do, looks great, load times kind of long but not too annoying. Worth it.
  10. Nov 11, 2011
    GOTY and one of the best games I have ever played. The amount of quality that Bethesda put into this game is amazing. I went into this game with pretty high expectations but I was blown away by how much content was packed into this beautiful game. And its not just how much content but how good and enjoyable the content is. This is one of those games that just don't come along very often.
  11. Nov 11, 2011
    Every game released in the past year has just been a filler. This is the game we all have been waiting so long for. Everything from the previous game has been refined and tuned to make one of the greatest RPG experiences to date. For every one thing Bethesda did right in this game, it did 100 things even righter. Visuals, sound, game play; what can be said about this game that has notEvery game released in the past year has just been a filler. This is the game we all have been waiting so long for. Everything from the previous game has been refined and tuned to make one of the greatest RPG experiences to date. For every one thing Bethesda did right in this game, it did 100 things even righter. Visuals, sound, game play; what can be said about this game that has not already been said? Expand
  12. Nov 11, 2011
    By force of habit, when a new game comes along the first thing I judge it on isn't by the graphics or the gameplay, but how much improvement is shown from teh last installment which of course meant Skyrim got an A+ in my book right off the bat. After 2 hours of gameplay I can say that it kept up with my first impression and continued to impress me though and through. Though the fightingBy force of habit, when a new game comes along the first thing I judge it on isn't by the graphics or the gameplay, but how much improvement is shown from teh last installment which of course meant Skyrim got an A+ in my book right off the bat. After 2 hours of gameplay I can say that it kept up with my first impression and continued to impress me though and through. Though the fighting system still feels rather uneven and their are a few bugs, though no game breaking ones, Skryim still mixes up the pot and throws in some new twists that I'm sure any fans of the series will enjoy. The odds of Skyrim winning GOTY this year is quite high as from what I've seen in the past few months is that it's only true competitor for the title is Batman: Arkham City. Expand
  13. Nov 11, 2011
    This is simply an excellent game. I mean, it is a must have. I can not stop playing it. This game will probably cause me to fail calculus and chemistry and my girlfriend to break up with me. But seriously, you should defiantly get this game.
  14. Nov 11, 2011
    Ten hours in, and I feel I have only just brushed on the surface of what this game has to offer. Never before, in a very long time have I been able to sit infront of a game for hours on end and just not get bored. In the end I found myself having to force myself to stop, I had work to do.

The opening sequence is extremely linear, which is something you wont really be used to in a TES game, but stick with it because once you have started questing and exploring the world this game really comes into its own. The environments are varied and exciting, the dungeons lost the cookie-cutter feel of Oblivion and so far, the quests I have taken part in have been very well written and intresting, and I've barely touched upon the main quest.

Some people will dislike this game however, just as some people disliked previous games in the series. It has a bug or two, but nothing condemning. And somepeople may consider this "not a true rpg game" however, take this game for what it is, a TES game, and I promise you will enjoy this masterpiece.
  15. Nov 11, 2011
    Western RPGs don't get much better than this. The amount of effort that has gone into this game is apparent. If this doesn't make game of the year I will be very surprised.
  16. Nov 11, 2011
    Great game that is making the 360 show its age. My only real complaint is that everything is SO dark. I know they want you to use the torch but talking to dark elves when the sun is up makes it impossible to see their face. I would have appreciated a little more than just an overall brightness adjustment and I do have a nice TV. One thing that this game has which is very rare butGreat game that is making the 360 show its age. My only real complaint is that everything is SO dark. I know they want you to use the torch but talking to dark elves when the sun is up makes it impossible to see their face. I would have appreciated a little more than just an overall brightness adjustment and I do have a nice TV. One thing that this game has which is very rare but amazing is the ability to map any button to any button like a PC game. Setting it up like Halo controls is amazing. Expand
  17. Nov 11, 2011
    Just breathtaking! This is everything I have wanted in an RPG from Bethesda! Surely a game to last me to the end of the 360's cycle. Graphics are great for what kind of game this is. So much detail and consideration was taken into consideration when this game was made.
  18. Nov 11, 2011
    This is quite possibly one of the best games I, personally, have ever played. I don't say that lightly. Ever.
    (Although, it should be noted that I also say this about Fallout 3.)
    (Although, it should be noted that I also say this about Fallout 3.)

Over the time between announcement and release, I had my fair share of change in skepticism, especially once the major hype-wagon hit. I couldn't help but feel like I'd get affected by the hype and then be disappointed when I initially played it on release. This was not the case.
    Of course, I see a few bad reviews on this website, but from what I've read (and I did not read all of them), the reviewers that scored it negatively were not fans previous to Skyrim, or even familiar with typical Bethesda RPGs, so perhaps a few did get caught in the hype web. If you are a fan of older TES games, though, or even the current Bethesda generation Fallout series, you shouldn't worry about Skyrim based off these reviews; as long as you are familiar with the gameplay and layout of these games, and you enjoy them for that layout and gameplay, you should enjoy Skyrim.

Graphically, the game is incredibly beautiful. Months, years and decades beyond Oblivion in almost every way, except for maybe character movements. The gameplay has also been improved greatly, mainly spellcasting, to a point where I can hardly believe this is the next game in line after Oblivion and Fallout. Being able to duel wield spells and single handed weapons wasn't even this satisfying in Bioshock 2!
    It should also be noted that 3rd person is even more a viable option than it ever has been, though it still seems primarily a first person game. The only thing so far that I haven't seen much improvement on is the Sword combat. It still feels as though your whacking your opponent with a small plastic spoon instead of a large iron sword.

I haven't gotten far enough in the main story to really score it in any way that would be fair.

The sound is amazing, from everything to walking on cobblestone to the the flapping of giant dragon wings which are a sure sign of a battle to come. There are the occasional "broken record" moments when a certain sound is interrupted repeats a few times. It's nothing game breaking by ANY means, but it is rather noticeable if you use a Turtlebeach headset.

There is no multiplayer which I really see no reason to downscore the game for.

Overall, Skyrim is an incredible improvement over Oblivion and Fallout, so much so that it's hard to believe these were all released to the same console. I can't say enough good things about this game, and I've barely played much at all in comparison to what there is. Don't miss this game, and if you've never played a Bethesda RPG before, at least rent it and give it a try.
  19. Nov 11, 2011
    A masterpiece of a game that can be related to a rare object in history, but in entertainment form. Games like this are rare. Not only have they improved upon nearly all aspects of Oblivion, but they have added a new sense of individuality, depth, and quality of the world. It may be smaller than Cyrodiil, but make no mistake, Skyrim is much larger. The character creation is fantastic,A masterpiece of a game that can be related to a rare object in history, but in entertainment form. Games like this are rare. Not only have they improved upon nearly all aspects of Oblivion, but they have added a new sense of individuality, depth, and quality of the world. It may be smaller than Cyrodiil, but make no mistake, Skyrim is much larger. The character creation is fantastic, and to give away no spoilers, can really take up quite a lot of your time as you delve into it's in depth features. The graphics are some of the best I've seen, and being on a console, it looks fantastic. The story already seems to be more realistic than Oblivion's (in terms of progression.) Look no further, this is the game of the year. No. It's the game of the century. Expand
  20. Nov 11, 2011
    Simply put, the best game i have ever played. Bethesda outdid themselves once again. I just love to see a company really put this much time and effort into a game. With a project of this magnitude there will be bugs and glitches but as long as they aren't game breaking i actually find them quite amusing. I'll definitely be playing this game for quite some time.
  21. Nov 11, 2011
    What a great game!! So big, so beautiful, so much fun to play. In my 10 years of gaming, I haven't seen anything like this, Skyrim's world is so well done, full of life, every little detail is accounted for. What I noticed is that you never stop doing quests and they're so much fun to do, that they will eat up your time for at least 1 month! Everything feels perfect, I'm giving this game a 10.
  22. Nov 11, 2011
    The first few hours in, I'm enthralled. The storyline is rich, should you choose to follow it, but the game actually rewards you for actually utilizing its sandbox style regardless. Every area and encounter is different each time you play, and the soundtrack can really get you into the game. Other developers need to step up to this standard now. The renewed engine is great, and even withThe first few hours in, I'm enthralled. The storyline is rich, should you choose to follow it, but the game actually rewards you for actually utilizing its sandbox style regardless. Every area and encounter is different each time you play, and the soundtrack can really get you into the game. Other developers need to step up to this standard now. The renewed engine is great, and even with a PC gaming rig built 2-3 years ago, you can still run on high resolution with great FPS. The game play is solid, and although sometimes melee feels like you're not actually hitting the target, that is more than made up with the improvements to archery and magic use. Overall, this is the best Elder Scrolls game in the series so far, and one of the best RPG genre games of all time. Expand
  23. Nov 11, 2011
    Beautiful game. Again with astounding visuals and solid gameplay. Up untill now ive had almost no bugs, except for 2 CTD's. Knowing most game developers release games half finished nowadays, thats quite well. The dialog is improved over Oblivion's one. I find it even hard to see that it is a console port, so they ported it well.
  24. Nov 11, 2011
    The Game Is Amazing! Definately what I expected from Bethesda! It's Like Oblivion, Fallout, Fable and Dragon Age Combind! Except with more dragons of course! Definately Worth The Money. Epic both graphically and gameplay, so glad that its finaly here! Awesome!! 10/10
  25. Nov 11, 2011
    Went to the midnight release, practically sprinted back to my dorm room, and played it until my eyes couldn't stay open anymore. It starts off somewhat slow, but it's the game we've all been waiting for.
  26. Nov 11, 2011
    Soundtrack is brilliant. Visuals are outstanding. Engine Performance is beastly. Gameplay is quite fun. This is pretty much the best of the best of the entire Elder Scrolls series. Bethesda and their developers have learned so much from their previous BRILLIANT games. Unlike Battlefield 3's direction, it keeps the AMAZINGLY LARGE COMPLETELY OPEN terrain and an entire world to explore. It'sSoundtrack is brilliant. Visuals are outstanding. Engine Performance is beastly. Gameplay is quite fun. This is pretty much the best of the best of the entire Elder Scrolls series. Bethesda and their developers have learned so much from their previous BRILLIANT games. Unlike Battlefield 3's direction, it keeps the AMAZINGLY LARGE COMPLETELY OPEN terrain and an entire world to explore. It's land is like World of Warcraft with less world loading. It. Is. Amazing. Again, it keeps with the gameplay elements of previous games, HUNDREDS of quests, and how you can choose to do almost whatever you want. Want to kill everyone in the town you live in? Check. Buy a house and live in it? Check. Go and loot every dungeon in the game? Check. Amazing. Go get it. Expand
  27. Nov 11, 2011
    I was surprised at the swaying trees and shadows in Skyrim, with a game world this big I completely understood if it wasn't in but well done Bethesda. For someone to mark this game low because of a lack of multiplayer is absurd, and shows a complete lack of comprehension. You can feel the effort in this game, absolutely briilant. Yes there are some lower res textures about but this game isI was surprised at the swaying trees and shadows in Skyrim, with a game world this big I completely understood if it wasn't in but well done Bethesda. For someone to mark this game low because of a lack of multiplayer is absurd, and shows a complete lack of comprehension. You can feel the effort in this game, absolutely briilant. Yes there are some lower res textures about but this game is huge, a game like mw3 is tiny and can't even manage to get to 720p. Todd Howard you and your team deserve the accolades, thats what happens when you put in the work. Fantastic stuff. One again the rpg stands tall atop the mountain. DOVAHKIN, DRAGONBORN!!!!!!! Thank you for my ''perfect'' game, and Jeremy S that music is just insane, all of it!!! Expand
  28. Nov 11, 2011
    First of all
    I'm not a RPG lover, but I still find big joy in this game
    I just start and have been playing it non-stop for 6 hours!
    My record was 1 hours for Fallout NV!
    Masterpiece? YES
    GOTY? YES
    Here am I, sitting and waiting for another masterpiece called Fallout 4
  29. Nov 11, 2011
    A truly in depth game with amazing graphics and outstanding features. I think this is a must have game, its one that will go down as one of the, if not the, best game of the year. So far I haven't got to far into the game but there has been no glitches and has had a intriguing story line. I really recommend you pick this game up.
  30. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is just excellence on all levels, from the gameplay to the soundtrack, i just love it! The story is brilliant and so are the many adventures that await you!
  31. Nov 11, 2011
    MW3 doesn't even compare to Skyrim. Different games and different pros and cons. I spent almost 300 hours on my perfect stat character in Oblivion, so I'm sure that the same thing will happen with Skyrim. Also, while playing Skyrim, I won't have to listen to 12 year old telling 'your mom' jokes or people camping in corners with claymores set then brag about how good they are. I'll knowMW3 doesn't even compare to Skyrim. Different games and different pros and cons. I spent almost 300 hours on my perfect stat character in Oblivion, so I'm sure that the same thing will happen with Skyrim. Also, while playing Skyrim, I won't have to listen to 12 year old telling 'your mom' jokes or people camping in corners with claymores set then brag about how good they are. I'll know that i will be playing both Skyrim and MW3, but I will definitely have more fun with games like Darksouls and Skyrim over dealing with unskilled players in MW3 who are all talk. Quick question, how can so many people who bought MW3 at midnight be so terrible at the game? Played a team deathmatch game, i was 16-2, last 3 guys a combined 8-32... Expand
  32. Nov 11, 2011
    Beautiful graphics and new engine? check.
    Improved combat (dual wield, perks, shield bashing etc) check
    amazing, beautiful artistic direction? check Epic music that makes your heart melt or race? check Massive world to explore at your own leisure and get completely lost in? check Just a fantastic game. I honestly can't think of anything bad about it. Its fun, its exhilarating, its witty,
    Beautiful graphics and new engine? check.
    Improved combat (dual wield, perks, shield bashing etc) check
    amazing, beautiful artistic direction? check
    Epic music that makes your heart melt or race? check
    Massive world to explore at your own leisure and get completely lost in? check

Just a fantastic game. I honestly can't think of anything bad about it. Its fun, its exhilarating, its witty, hilarious, terrifying (those spiders...) and utterly captivating. Buy it, or you're a fool.
  33. Nov 11, 2011
    Simply Epic in scope. Between this and BF3 my PC gaming is assured to be great throughout the end of 2011. Thank you for yet another masterpiece Bethesda!
  34. Nov 11, 2011
    I do not blame those who give this a bad rating...i used to hate oblivion with a passion. The gameplay and system just didn't work for me and i didn't understand what Bethesda was trying to do. But eventually a friend convinced me to try it out for a few days and truly get into it...and i finally realized what Bethesda was trying to do. This game is literally an art, and is by far theI do not blame those who give this a bad rating...i used to hate oblivion with a passion. The gameplay and system just didn't work for me and i didn't understand what Bethesda was trying to do. But eventually a friend convinced me to try it out for a few days and truly get into it...and i finally realized what Bethesda was trying to do. This game is literally an art, and is by far the greatest game EVER created. This gameplay is not for everyone, but please do not get on here and say the mechanics and graphics are bad because they are some of the greatest ever, and if you did not realize that the second you put the game into your xbox, then i feel sorry you. If i had only one word to describe Skyrim, that word would be perfection. Expand
  35. Nov 11, 2011
    This is the best game i've ever played in my life.
    If you liked oblivion you'll adore this one; if you didn't play oblivion you must try Skyrim and lose yourself in tamriel's land...huge,wonderful, endless, beautiful, surely GOTY.
    Bethesda did it again..
    a Must buy
  36. Nov 11, 2011
    Pay no attention to the user mors125, he/she has no idea what they are talking about. I am a good 20 hours into Skyrim right now and i have experienced no glitches. It is in no way a broken game. It plays perfectly and is one of the most immersive gaming experience anyone could hope for. These people rating such a game with a 0 are not true gamers, they are sad trolls. Even if you do notPay no attention to the user mors125, he/she has no idea what they are talking about. I am a good 20 hours into Skyrim right now and i have experienced no glitches. It is in no way a broken game. It plays perfectly and is one of the most immersive gaming experience anyone could hope for. These people rating such a game with a 0 are not true gamers, they are sad trolls. Even if you do not like a game, rating it a 0 is just ignorant. Go play something else. and rate that game instead. Expand
  37. Nov 11, 2011
    Para mi es la aventura más grande que he jugado en mi vida. Supera a Zelda Ocarina of Time, GTA San Andreas y por supuesto a Oblivion. Magia en estado puro.
  38. Nov 11, 2011
    I have had this game for a week now, and I have literally had a hard time sleeping because I am so excited to continue playing it. It is the best game I have played to date, hands down... it is the best. Even with the glitches, it does not matter... Other games do not compare... but it isn't like they ever had a chance anyways. I laugh at anyone giving this game a negative score, if youI have had this game for a week now, and I have literally had a hard time sleeping because I am so excited to continue playing it. It is the best game I have played to date, hands down... it is the best. Even with the glitches, it does not matter... Other games do not compare... but it isn't like they ever had a chance anyways. I laugh at anyone giving this game a negative score, if you cannot see the value in this game, then you are not much of a gamer after all Expand
  39. Nov 11, 2011
    played the game 30 hours now (i live in germany and got it on monday) and i love this game. it's all i was expecting and even better. after the first half hours i was a little bit disappointed because it didn't look so great in this area but the rest of the huge world looks fantastic for an open world game. noone should forget this, it's no linear world the developers know what you will doplayed the game 30 hours now (i live in germany and got it on monday) and i love this game. it's all i was expecting and even better. after the first half hours i was a little bit disappointed because it didn't look so great in this area but the rest of the huge world looks fantastic for an open world game. noone should forget this, it's no linear world the developers know what you will do next so they program everythin very easily, no, you can do what you want. going 3 mile west killing some bandits? do it! or going 5 miles north and searching for iron ore? do it!

i'm the kind of gamer who loves to sneak through the buildings and steal everything and in this game this alone can cost you weeks of your real life^^ for me i give this game a 10/10. graphics 9, sound 9 (music alone would get a 10 but some other sounds aren't perfect), gameplay 10 and lasting appeal a 10 which i would count very high in this game because it's not a 40 hour singleplayer which would be a ot it's much more
  40. Nov 11, 2011
    Yea there are glitches, but that doesn't stop this game from being an absolute masterpiece. after only 3 hours of play, I realized this is probably the most engrossing game i have ever played. It's amazing how much content is packed into one game. The game extremely addicting, the sound is amazing, the graphics...oh the graphics they are absolutely phenomenal. If you are looking for gameYea there are glitches, but that doesn't stop this game from being an absolute masterpiece. after only 3 hours of play, I realized this is probably the most engrossing game i have ever played. It's amazing how much content is packed into one game. The game extremely addicting, the sound is amazing, the graphics...oh the graphics they are absolutely phenomenal. If you are looking for game you can pour hundreds of hours into, Skyrim is for you. Expand
  41. Nov 11, 2011
    An incredible game experience that anyone must try at least one time, do it and you never regret it. Excellent work done, Bethesda! One of the most beautiful games of the year.
  42. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is everything I had hoped for. It is huge, beautiful, and full of character. Every system has been greatly improved upon, from the FX, to the combat, to the animations. This will most likely be the best game that this console generation is capable of providing. You get so much game, I feel like it should cost more... A+ superb.
  43. Nov 11, 2011
    For the gameplay alone I'd say this is a leap forward. We haven't seen this mix-and-match system outside of Bioshock games and Clive Barker's Undying, and it really deserves more time in the sun. ...but its the detail of the world that sucks you in, I just spent 3 hours scouring mines for ore and making armors, sometimes picking flowers and catching butterflies for alchemy on the way... IFor the gameplay alone I'd say this is a leap forward. We haven't seen this mix-and-match system outside of Bioshock games and Clive Barker's Undying, and it really deserves more time in the sun. ...but its the detail of the world that sucks you in, I just spent 3 hours scouring mines for ore and making armors, sometimes picking flowers and catching butterflies for alchemy on the way... I can't remember having this much fun with the 'little things' in an RPG for a very long time. Its hard to express the feeling when a game lives up to all the expectations you've put on it. I am awed at this game. Sure, there are some flaws on the PC version with controls and the UI, but the patches are forthcoming in a day or two. I haven't even started any real questline and its already obvious that this will suck 100s of hours of my time. Well done Bethesda. 10/10, and I don't give that score lightly. Expand
  44. Nov 11, 2011
    Skyrim is an amazing game building on what Bethesda achieved with Fallout 3 and Oblivion to create a superb RPG with a good story so far anyway gizzilions of side quests and great graphics there are a few bugs but they don't damage the experience and will hopefully get patched if you are an RPG fan you need to get this game!!!!
  45. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is the best RPG I have ever played it is so immersive !! The attention to details is amazing and the content is so large that this game would last for month
  46. Nov 11, 2011
    From my very first 1991 RGP on the NES called Crystalis until today, I have never felt compelled to go out of my way to thank the developers for their hard work and passion.
    Thank you Bethesda Game Studios.
  47. Nov 11, 2011
    Absolutely incredible, but this game. Fantastic graphics, immersive atmosphere and much varied gameplay serve for a momentous game in gaming history. O and say buy to your girlfriend and you normal everyday life cause its now over.
  48. Nov 11, 2011
    I can't believe the people putting '0' for Skyrim to be legit accounts.. i'm 21 hours in, and it's the most breathtakingly well made game, complete with extremely improved combat when compared to Oblivion (which was still ok'ish combat), beautiful atmosphere thanks to the incredible score and scenery.. and the story.. it's SO much better and more coherrent than any previous Elder ScrollsI can't believe the people putting '0' for Skyrim to be legit accounts.. i'm 21 hours in, and it's the most breathtakingly well made game, complete with extremely improved combat when compared to Oblivion (which was still ok'ish combat), beautiful atmosphere thanks to the incredible score and scenery.. and the story.. it's SO much better and more coherrent than any previous Elder Scrolls title.. it's emotive.

10/10.. I know I haven't finished it yet.. but I think 20 hours with any game this good, you know it's a rare find indeed.
  49. Nov 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best Game In History of Games.

50. Nov 11, 2011
    O melhor jogo do ano,sem dúvidas estou fascinado com tudo q está dentro e fora do enredo me oferece ..
    Cada hora que eu paro pra jogar esse jogo é uma nova surpresa um novo artefacto,as lutas com os dragons são incríveis! agora vou parar de escrever pq Skyrim precisa de mim!

Parabéns BETHESDA...
  51. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is seriously amazing! i dont understand what type of person would rate this game negatively?? The sound, graphics, gameplay - its all pure beauty. Best money i have ever spent!!
  52. Nov 11, 2011
    Easily beats any wRPG out there this decade. The character development is actually simpler than most Elder Scrolls games, streamlining everything you need and canning everything you don't. Also, it's implementation of a perk system similar to Fallout means that development of your character hasn't lost any depth and each character to every user is as unique as they are. The visuals areEasily beats any wRPG out there this decade. The character development is actually simpler than most Elder Scrolls games, streamlining everything you need and canning everything you don't. Also, it's implementation of a perk system similar to Fallout means that development of your character hasn't lost any depth and each character to every user is as unique as they are. The visuals are stunning and the vast, expansive environments, while sometimes barren, suggest a living, breathing world creating the perfect sense of verisimilitude. I wouldn't want every inch of a game-world to be populated by enemies and NPC's, it takes away from your suspension of disbelief and always reminds you with a shattering crash that you're playing a game. Sadly, this is often the case in Bioware RPGs but is in no way present here. Many people online are complaining about the use of Dragons in the game, saying it is unoriginal without obviously knowing that Dragons have been intergral to the polt since Elder Scrolls I: Arena. The first 4 games have all been leading up to the return of the Dragons and now that it's happened, expect every other Elder Scrolls to be as epic as this one is. The combat system is fluid and intuitive. You can go from being a beginner new to the series to slicing up some enemies while throwing fireballs at everything else with ease. It's available to casual gamers by not requiring micro-management and being a great game you can take at your own pace and the hardcore gamers by allowing amazing depth in both development and gameplay. The item/spell creation system has basically infinite possibilities and the game is so packed full of extras that perfectionists will probably do good to never play any game ever again if they hope to get absolutely everything there is to offer. One of the most anticipated RPG releases ever, and it's for great reason. The stroy is heavily focused on which is something games fail to do nowadays and it seems Bethesda recognise videogames as a legitimate story-telling medium rather than a cash-cow business (*cough*Activision*cough*) and don't rush their development, instead pouring heart and soul into a game and releasing when it is done. The quintessential wRPG, pick this game up now and feel euphoria. Expand
  53. Nov 11, 2011
    How the two douchebags could give this game anything below an 8 is beyond. This is a qoute from the review"(It's no wonder RPGs are becoming less relevant, it's because companies like Bethesdea, Cdprojekt, and Eidos keep rushing out FPSs in RPG clothing to appeal to the CoD crowd. Stay away from this trite and unimaginative game, if you must get your FPS fix get Battlefield 3 or better yetHow the two douchebags could give this game anything below an 8 is beyond. This is a qoute from the review"(It's no wonder RPGs are becoming less relevant, it's because companies like Bethesdea, Cdprojekt, and Eidos keep rushing out FPSs in RPG clothing to appeal to the CoD crowd. Stay away from this trite and unimaginative game, if you must get your FPS fix get Battlefield 3 or better yet wait for Mass Effect 3. There is a reason Dragon Age II was proclaimed "Game of the Decade" and Skyrim falls flat on it's face in it's attempt to take the crown)"WTF is he talkin about. This is a must buy.The first timeI went to the top of any mountain and look out into the distance I got a Chubb!!!! Expand
  54. Nov 11, 2011
    A world to explore and pillage. Bethesda has taken the best aspects of all their previous games and improved on them. UI took a few minutes to get used to. Skyrim feels ominous on my low level character, I do not relish the thought of exploring those dark woods at night. I feel I need to prepare, something I never felt in Oblivion.
  55. Nov 11, 2011
    Amazing! Exceeded all of my expectations, and all my friends expectations, and then some. The BEST Elder Scrolls--and open-world RPG--to date. Though I bought it for the 360 I also plan to purchase it for the PC at some point (something I'm not ashamed of), to take part in the excellent modding community.
  56. Nov 11, 2011
    An absolutely outstanding game! Not just one of the best RPGs of the year, but, one of the best RPGs every created. The best installment of the Elder Scrolls yet and the (highly) likely winner of numerous Game of the Year titles.
  57. Nov 11, 2011
    If You liked Oblivion you will love Skyrim, it's everything Oblivion was and improved to near perfection. Hundreds of hours of gameplay with almost infinite things to do. The sound and immersion, the dragons, the magic, the world of Skyrim itself, it's all close to excellence.
    The bugs are still there though, like the animations which are pretty bad and the melee combat that, once again, could be better.

Even for the newcomers in this saga I couldn't recommend any other game to buy this Christmas, none other deserves that much the money you'll pay.
  58. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is fantastic, the improvements over Oblivion are huge. The way the fighting has changed (mainly magic). This game definitely has the most potential this year to be GOTY.
  59. Nov 11, 2011
    Just overall the best game I've ever played, they've truly outdone themselves on this game. It is art and will always be known as one of the greatest rpgs ever created during this era of games. I can see my self easily putting 200-300 hours in Skyrim over the next few years until TES 6 is released.
  60. Nov 11, 2011
    This has been a complete and total new experience to me. Compared to Oblivion, it feels like next-gen in AI and richness of the gaming world.

While the limitations of the 360 and it's storage medium are showing in some places (low res textures in some places), it really doesnt take anything away from this perfect game.
  61. Nov 11, 2011
    Perfect. Just perfect. I've been waiting 5 years for this game and here it is. Much more than I've expected. Graphics, gameplay and plot are perfect and it gets you into the game. But I've found some people who are rating this game 5 or less. And they are comparing Skyrim with other games. Other games shall be compared with Skyrim, because there is no other game that even comes closer toPerfect. Just perfect. I've been waiting 5 years for this game and here it is. Much more than I've expected. Graphics, gameplay and plot are perfect and it gets you into the game. But I've found some people who are rating this game 5 or less. And they are comparing Skyrim with other games. Other games shall be compared with Skyrim, because there is no other game that even comes closer to Skyrim. The game is perfect, glitches make it fun, there are a lot of choices to make and they change the gameplay. Best game ever made. Expand
  62. Nov 11, 2011
    I'm so confused at all the people who wrote negative reviews. They all say "it's the same thing we've been seeing for the past few years" and yet it's like they don't actually play it, they just watch walkthroughs. The story starts of relatively slow then gets progressively better, it takes more than 10 minutes to get into but once you're in, there's no going back! Graphics? I don't reallyI'm so confused at all the people who wrote negative reviews. They all say "it's the same thing we've been seeing for the past few years" and yet it's like they don't actually play it, they just watch walkthroughs. The story starts of relatively slow then gets progressively better, it takes more than 10 minutes to get into but once you're in, there's no going back! Graphics? I don't really give a **** about them but they're mediocre. The sounds are very high quality and it makes the experience all the more enjoyable. I'd give it a 9.5/10 for some very minor bugs and some bad animations, but it really doesn't subtract from your experience all that much unless you care about graphics THAT MUCH. Expand
  63. Nov 11, 2011
    The game is amazing

The game is amazing

Esse game é incrível, gráficos lindos, boa jogabilidade e ótima interação com cenário e personagens. Você está andando pelos lugares e derrepente pode se deparar com lobos ou outros tipos de bichos, tem animais andando pelo cenário parece real, é difícil ver um jogo assim, as quests são locas você não precisa ir logo ao objetivo principal, as quests secundárias são divertidas.
  64. Nov 11, 2011
    This is the game to own this year. Skyrim could easily last you for a year. Bethesda ALWAYS do a fantastic job in their games. You may encounter a few glitches or weird IA behaviors but who cares? This is an amazing game that is released each 4-5 years. Bethesda knows nothing about milk cows!!
  65. Nov 11, 2011
    Open, grand, beautiful, rich and several other words have ebeen used to describe this game, and it is all true. A long awaited sequel, that delivers on every promise, which in it self is an achevement. Games like these are one in a billion.
  66. Nov 11, 2011
    A masterpiece in every sense of the word. Everything that was great about Fallout 3 and New Vegas has been incorporated into a streamlined game play design from Oblivion, and the standout has to be one the incredible visually pleasing 'perk' interface display. Game play is masterfully crafted and the world truly feels like an epic, living and breathing fantasy world. And dragons, theA masterpiece in every sense of the word. Everything that was great about Fallout 3 and New Vegas has been incorporated into a streamlined game play design from Oblivion, and the standout has to be one the incredible visually pleasing 'perk' interface display. Game play is masterfully crafted and the world truly feels like an epic, living and breathing fantasy world. And dragons, the game's dragon 'mini boss' fights are simply an experience you cannot miss. Buy this game, you will not be disappointed. GOTY contender, and arguably inevitable winner for many gamers. Expand
  67. Nov 11, 2011
    Been playing this game for 4 hours now, easily one of the best games I've played this year. If you liked Oblivion you'll really love this. They vamped up everything and included more things to do. Visually, it's stunning, gameplay is stunning. I'd write more, but I need to continue playing!
  68. Nov 11, 2011
    Incredible game, my only few complaints from Oblivion have been taken care of, because fighting is SO FUN now! I spent the first couple of hours just running around exploring. GOTY for sure!
  69. Nov 11, 2011
    I have been playing The Elder Scrolls games ever since I had the epic opportunity to play Morrowind. It left me breathless and eager for more. Oblivion was a great sequel, yet I felt that Bethesda could do better with the newer platforms that were available. I have long awaited the release of this title, Skyrim, and have been slightly antsy that it would simply be too much more of theI have been playing The Elder Scrolls games ever since I had the epic opportunity to play Morrowind. It left me breathless and eager for more. Oblivion was a great sequel, yet I felt that Bethesda could do better with the newer platforms that were available. I have long awaited the release of this title, Skyrim, and have been slightly antsy that it would simply be too much more of the same. Well, all I can say is that I have been blown away! Skyrim has taken everything that was wrong with the previous titles and turned it around. The days of spending hours trying to figure out how to level up your character are long gone. Simply create your character and play. It is as easy as that, really. The graphics have been upgraded to an astounding level for the 360, and the character movements have become amazing! The intro had me on the edge of my seat, and I couldn't stop playing after that. The new system is perfectly blended with the old, yet has a new edge that pulls rookies and veterans into a new world of beauty and RPG-fun like no other role-playing out there. Thank you Bethesda. You have given me a reason to dive head first back into the world of video games again. Expand
  70. Nov 11, 2011
    After seeing countless previews and gameplay vids,I was already expecting a magnificent game.But this!This has taken my already super high expectations and bashed me around the head with them while laughing maniacally like Cicero.Beautiful graphics,amazing audio,and the sheer amount of content make Skyrim the greatest RPG of all in my eyes and possibly the greatest game ever made.A specialAfter seeing countless previews and gameplay vids,I was already expecting a magnificent game.But this!This has taken my already super high expectations and bashed me around the head with them while laughing maniacally like Cicero.Beautiful graphics,amazing audio,and the sheer amount of content make Skyrim the greatest RPG of all in my eyes and possibly the greatest game ever made.A special shout-out goes to the elegant menu system and awesome spells.Also,the excellent duel-wield system is the best I've used in any game. While I noticed occasional pop-up and low-res textures,as well as some melee issues,I simply don't care.A majestic GOTY from me. Expand
  71. Nov 11, 2011
    Skyrim is a huge brilliant open world rpg and shows us exactly how the genre should be done. Rather than funnelling you into doing the main quest, after a brief start, it sets you free to go and see and do whatever you want. It has such a huge amount of content that other games charging the same price while containing so little content seem like rip offs. Everything about this game, minusSkyrim is a huge brilliant open world rpg and shows us exactly how the genre should be done. Rather than funnelling you into doing the main quest, after a brief start, it sets you free to go and see and do whatever you want. It has such a huge amount of content that other games charging the same price while containing so little content seem like rip offs. Everything about this game, minus the bugs seem perfect. GOTY no doubt. Expand
  72. Nov 11, 2011
    Great game! So much better than Oblivion and so close to Morrowind. Love it. Every RPG fan should go and own it immediately. Todd Howard is great man, and I hope he'll make us great Fallout 4.
  73. Nov 11, 2011
    Amazing GOTY. It made me **** This is better than Oblivion and it is the best RPG i have played, it does have some glitched but those glitched willl be patched soon.
  74. Nov 11, 2011
    Amazing depth! Games this big should cost $100, but don't tell them that or we will start paying that much. Im not big on RPGs but every now and then you have to have a immense single player game to go along with the others. This is a game you can spend hundreds of hours on.
  75. Nov 11, 2011
    Godlike. There is absolutely nothing in this game I would change so far. No more sleeping to level up, new talent trees, animation is WAY smoother than it ever has been. Buy it and keep it.
  76. Nov 11, 2011
    Awesome game! it is really that good oh gawd play it play it NAO goddammit son get over here damn, i want skyrim but im poor cake is also good, but skyrim is better!
  77. Nov 11, 2011
    A masterpiece, is one of those games that make you think that video games can be considered an art, like painting, music or movies. It's a fantastic virtual experience, deep history, superb gameplay, beautiful graphics, majestic music, in short, an incredible journey for all people who love video games

1. Feb 6, 2012
    This epic role-playing game might be Bethesda's best game yet, and offers an unique and spectacular world filled with fun. The freedom ensures a great experience for both the casual and hardcore gamer, as you're free to play the game how you like.
  2. Dec 16, 2011
    Skyrim is the largest, and most compelling work that I've had the opportunity to play this year. It's engaging, engrossing, and will take over your gaming life for many months to come. Not only is Skyrim among the best that 2011 has to offer, but for me, this is, without hesitation, the Game of the Year.
  3. Dec 16, 2011