8.4

1. Nov 23, 2011
    This game is excellent.I absolutely love it.The amount of stuff to do in this game is over whelming.The only down side to this game is losing your social life because of it.
  2. Nov 23, 2011
    This is the best RPG game I have ever played . I believe it will receive game of the year. It should receive game of the decade, if there were such a reward. I honestly LOVE THIS GAME! I recommend it to anyone.
  3. Nov 23, 2011
    This is so far the best game I've played on the holidays. I have played for several days and have only scratched the surface of this wonderful game. The graphics are polished and nice. The gameplay is fun, i particularly like casting spells feels like I'm playing bioshock. The story for both the main quests and side quests like the guilds are a blast. I'm definitely going to replayThis is so far the best game I've played on the holidays. I have played for several days and have only scratched the surface of this wonderful game. The graphics are polished and nice. The gameplay is fun, i particularly like casting spells feels like I'm playing bioshock. The story for both the main quests and side quests like the guilds are a blast. I'm definitely going to replay this game a lot. Oh and I forgot the glitches, it can't be a bethseda game without any hilarious glitches. Expand
  4. Nov 23, 2011
    Couldn't be happier with this game.
    I've logged 20 hours or so on this beast of a game and there is still plenty to do.
    It looks beautiful, I can't believe how far I can see in this game...huge mountains in the distance can be discovered and explored. There are plenty of ways to play this game, the perks really let you feel like you are getting better in a skill rather than the numbers
    Couldn't be happier with this game.
    There are plenty of ways to play this game, the perks really let you feel like you are getting better in a skill rather than the numbers just increasing.
    The world feels alive and at times I get lost in it just wandering.
  5. Nov 23, 2011
    There is no way to describe this game other than it is the best I have ever played. It is on a level of its own, with no equal. Not once has any of its glitches detracted from my experience. That said, the negative reviews are made only by butt-sore fanboys, multiplayer-dependent pseudo-socialites, pretentious snobs who think any game released since 2000 is garbage, or people who haveThere is no way to describe this game other than it is the best I have ever played. It is on a level of its own, with no equal. Not once has any of its glitches detracted from my experience. That said, the negative reviews are made only by butt-sore fanboys, multiplayer-dependent pseudo-socialites, pretentious snobs who think any game released since 2000 is garbage, or people who have no clue about how the world or bad computers work (hint: they don't). Just remember, basement-dwelling 'Holier-Than-Thou's: With great frozen pizza, comes great oven. Expand
  6. Nov 23, 2011
    masterpiece is the best way to describe Skyrim. Bethesda have succeeded where many developers these days utterly fail. The delivery of a game that (again) surpasses its preceding installment in the Elder Scrolls series. The addition of dualwielding, in itself, was a huge step forward for the first person RPG. Crafting, a new perks system and other additions wanted by the players showsmasterpiece is the best way to describe Skyrim. Bethesda have succeeded where many developers these days utterly fail. The delivery of a game that (again) surpasses its preceding installment in the Elder Scrolls series. The addition of dualwielding, in itself, was a huge step forward for the first person RPG. Crafting, a new perks system and other additions wanted by the players shows that they actually took the feedback into consideration. Good show on making a worthwhile game in this age of quick buck chasers. Expand
  7. Nov 23, 2011
    The first thing I am going to say is that Skyrim is the biggest most expansive games I have ever played, I have been playing daily since the day that it was released and I feel as if I have barely even scraped the surface. I have put easily 50+ hours in so far. The second thing I want to say is the customization, there is so much you can do to your character. Initially I spent around anThe first thing I am going to say is that Skyrim is the biggest most expansive games I have ever played, I have been playing daily since the day that it was released and I feel as if I have barely even scraped the surface. I have put easily 50+ hours in so far. The second thing I want to say is the customization, there is so much you can do to your character. Initially I spent around an hour tweaking all the different settings to make my character look just as I wanted, then when I got out into Skyrim I have been customizing my armour. Armour can be upgraded to give you more defense, it can be enchanted to give it mystical powers etc.

To sum Skyrim up I would say, as a player of all the Elder Scrolls titles, that it is the best so far. Sure sometimes it gets a bit buggy like killing someone and there body doesn't fall properly, but these problems are so minor most people won't even notice them. Many people complain about graphics issues and the textures scaling down, this has been addresses by Bethesda and a patch is being released. So really the best game I have played, go buy it.
  8. Nov 23, 2011
    Skyrim is an awesome game. I have put 30 hours into it and I still have the urge to play it all the time. There is so much to do in the game and something to do for everyone no matter the play style. The melee system is a lot better than in Oblivion, but it still feels a little lacking. Don't get me wrong, it still is good, but it could have been a little better. One of the biggerSkyrim is an awesome game. I have put 30 hours into it and I still have the urge to play it all the time. There is so much to do in the game and something to do for everyone no matter the play style. The melee system is a lot better than in Oblivion, but it still feels a little lacking. Don't get me wrong, it still is good, but it could have been a little better. One of the bigger complaints I have heard about this game is its graphics. The graphics are not excellent, but they are far from bad. It is exactly what I expected from and open world RPG. This game has a ton of stuff to do, so you will never get bored. All of the guilds are entertaining and the dungeons are not a bore. If you liked Oblivion, you will like Skyrim. If you didn't like Oblivion, you still might like Skyrim. I understand Skyrim is not a game for everyone. I respect that. Expand
  9. Nov 23, 2011
    Fun, addictive, basically electronic crack. Get some Depends so you don't have to get up to go to the bathroom. Careful you don't get couch sores; remember to flip every few hours.
  10. Nov 23, 2011
    I have playing video games since 1979. I can honestly say that Skyrim is one of the all-time greatest games in the history of gaming. Kudos to Bethesda for staying tried and true to what they do best and improving almost everything in the game since Oblivion and/or Fallout 3. Each dungeon is unique and fun. The voice acting is much improved since the days of Oblivion. At least they nowI have playing video games since 1979. I can honestly say that Skyrim is one of the all-time greatest games in the history of gaming. Kudos to Bethesda for staying tried and true to what they do best and improving almost everything in the game since Oblivion and/or Fallout 3. Each dungeon is unique and fun. The voice acting is much improved since the days of Oblivion. At least they now have more voice actors. What did Oblivion have...2 voice actors? The graphics and the scripting is also a huge step forward. The controls are near-perfect. I could play this game for 10 years and still discover new stuff. Absolutely awesome. This should battle Batman Arkham City for GOTY. Great job, Bethesda. You are one of the best dev teams. Keep up the great work! Gotto go. Dragon is on the loose. (oh wait...that's just my girlfriend). Expand
  11. Nov 23, 2011
    One of the best single player games I have ever played. I wasn't expecting much and was blown away. My only disappointment is that it will sometime end.
  12. Nov 23, 2011
    It is a pretty good game withg an engaging storyline, with amazing graphics, but the system is still outdated, and very laggy and crashy, and it is still following the same simple fomat since oblivion, and in some parts there are a lot of glitches, crashes, and sowtware lags.
  13. Nov 23, 2011
    This is an extremely good game on all accounts. The first thing that comes to mind is that Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games need to take a few pointers from Bethesda on the innovation front (and the 'generally how to make a good game' front). This is the first time I can safely say my expectations have been exceeded (and they were already sky high).
  14. Nov 23, 2011
    A for Awesome.

Well done Bethesda. Some devs still left in the industry with awesome imaginations, story telling skills and the talent to bring it all to life.
  15. Nov 22, 2011
    This is the most anticipated game of the history and its visual art, graphic, gameplay, music and voice acting was perfect but facial animation kinda look like fallout 3 and fallout new vegas is pretty old but still okay and i like the atmosphere very much and the engine called "Creation Engine" is a superb and the story is fantastic and also for a side story but the game also had alot ofThis is the most anticipated game of the history and its visual art, graphic, gameplay, music and voice acting was perfect but facial animation kinda look like fallout 3 and fallout new vegas is pretty old but still okay and i like the atmosphere very much and the engine called "Creation Engine" is a superb and the story is fantastic and also for a side story but the game also had alot of issues about bug and glitches like fallout 3 and fallout new vegas which i don't like it but i think it is the best RPG game ever so i was thinking maybe Bethesda could used "Creation Engine" on fallout 4 thumbs up if you agree :) Expand
  16. Nov 22, 2011
    It is a vast understatement to call this an "Improvement" over Bethesda's previous installment in the series. Almost every feature has been improved upon, from the quick use menu and favourites list, to the graphics and stat system. It is almost difficult to believe that this game is running on the same hardware as Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion, as you take in the breathtaking scenery andIt is a vast understatement to call this an "Improvement" over Bethesda's previous installment in the series. Almost every feature has been improved upon, from the quick use menu and favourites list, to the graphics and stat system. It is almost difficult to believe that this game is running on the same hardware as Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion, as you take in the breathtaking scenery and character design. From giant, amazing and beautiful creatures such as Dwemer robotic golems, mammoths and of course, dragons, to the small insect life, and birds flying overhead. This game is teeming with life, and features some of the most beautiful creature animations i have seen to date. A couple things bothered me greatly about the still fun and amazing elder scrolls oblivion, such as an extreme abundance of glitches, as well as a horrible stat system, which discouraged playing the game freely without pruning each skill specifically, as to raise your stats to be the highest possible. Skyrim changes the around perfectly, with a system that encourages you to play exactly how you want to, and become exactly who you want to be. I personally chose a heavy armor specializing Khajiit, with a focus on restoration magicka and talents in smithing, alchemy, enchanting and speech. In addition, it is appealing to find a lack of glitches in the game, after experiencing how common they were in previous installments. I have found a handful in perhaps over a hundred hours of gameplay, which is to be expected with any game, none-the-less such a massive open world experience. So far I have played 100+ hours, and I am still finding creative, entertaining, and often awe inspiring scenes, quests, and situations in the game. I expect to play at least a hundred more hours, not including the guaranteed extra play-though or two in my future. In my opinion, the improvements made, and complete mass of quality and quantity in this game should put to shame some of the other recent games to come out, such as Skyward Sword, and Modern Warfare 3. Same genre or not, it should be easy to see which of the series' titles outshines the others in improvements made and overall quality Expand
  17. Nov 22, 2011
    There's a reason we need bad games. It makes us greatly appreciate fantastically well crafted and near perfect games such as this even more. Thank you Bethesda, for allowing me to sacrifice a relatively small chunk of my paycheck for an amazing adventure I will remember for years to come.
  18. Nov 22, 2011
    Not bad, really. I was skeptical when reading up on Skyrim in Game Informer and was reading the hype almost literally dripping off the pages. So, on a whim, I rented it from Redbox. Better to spend $2 and try it then $60 and either be stuck with it or have to make an unnecessary trip to GameStop. It got in my blood, and I HAD to buy it later.

Graphics: Not seeing too much of an

Graphics: Not seeing too much of an improvement from Oblivion, but it's still noticeable. I'm enjoying the weather effect and night-time hunting. The water is pretty, as well. Wish I had an o2 sensor or bar or something, as I got caught by surprise in the depths of a large lake. Skins and textures for things are a bit crisper, fire is damn beautiful, and things just feel a bit better. Lighting and shading effects are in full force, as is HDR. Sound: A problem for me. Good sound effects, environment echoes or grass being stepped on; all sounds beautiful. All of a sudden- DRAGON! Now the fun begins, y'know? Roaring, breathing, flying, breathing fire. Sounds damn good. Then we go back into town and I hear the same person. Everyone is the same. Almost. Most middle aged Nords are the same guy, almost all women are the same. There are TEN, 10, X, voice actors for the entire game. Bethesda decided to go the cheap route and use voice altering software to change tone/pitch, but you hear the same damn guy or woman. I myself am a voice actor and I just notice these things. It bothers me to no end.

Gameplay: Combat is both different and the same. Backpedaling while spamming right-trigger is not a viable option due to the slower speed. Dual-wielding spells or spell/weapon combo is new to the series, but you can't help but feel like you're doing the same old song and dance. With swords. But yeah, familiar. AI for melee fighting has been improved. They know how to block for sure, and when they come at you, you know it. Sometimes they seem to get confused though. I've had multiple witches just run directly into me spraying me with fire or ice while I smash their face in with my war-hammer. It's like they're either fleeing from you for dear life or trying to make out with you. I've hardly found a happy medium in the fights. Still kinda annoying to switch to 3rd after seeing your weapon in your face, only to see you're carrying it down and to the side. Not a big deal, but noticeable.

UI: Love the new UI. Who cares if you can't see what you look like-- Does it even matter? You can go to 3rd person and see it! Yeesh. I love the quick menu for swapping from my war-hammer to my bow in a pinch, healing, readying different shouts, everything. The new perks system and way of leveling up simplifies everything and helps you customize your character to more of your liking. If you want to be a crafty sneaky little pickpocket, but need that extra bit to make sure you're fully inconspicuous, there'll be a perk or two you can sink some levels into. It's simple and effective, but makes you really work and practice to become a master.

Overall: Love it. I can say this with complete honesty and if you remove the glamor and glitz from your eyes and see the truth, you'll agree:
    Skyrim is Oblivion with dragons, new world, polished/updated UI, new items, and just as addictive. A good game and fun, but not at all what was hyped. Doesn't mean you can't still enjoy it, just go in with a clear/neutral head. And most importantly, have fun!
  19. Nov 22, 2011
    Skyrim is a masterpiece that sucks you into a beautifully designed world full of little details that make it seem as real as it could ever be in a video game. This is once of those games that comes out once every few years that just blows you away. You'll spend countless hours exploring the land of Skyrim without even touching the main quest, but don't put it off for too long. What you'llSkyrim is a masterpiece that sucks you into a beautifully designed world full of little details that make it seem as real as it could ever be in a video game. This is once of those games that comes out once every few years that just blows you away. You'll spend countless hours exploring the land of Skyrim without even touching the main quest, but don't put it off for too long. What you'll find in the main quest is a great story with remarkable characters making it one of the best elder scrolls stories yet. Not only is Skyrim one of the best games of the year. It is one of the best games ever made. Expand
  20. Nov 22, 2011
    Overall, This game is one of the most content packed, breathtaking, and superb games i have ever played. This game is much more improved and better than Oblivion, and I thought Oblivion was one of the best games ever released. The story mode, game world, and combat system is amazing, and it is obvious that the guys over at Bethesda have really put their time and effort into this. TheyOverall, This game is one of the most content packed, breathtaking, and superb games i have ever played. This game is much more improved and better than Oblivion, and I thought Oblivion was one of the best games ever released. The story mode, game world, and combat system is amazing, and it is obvious that the guys over at Bethesda have really put their time and effort into this. They don't care about money when it comes to the Elder Scrolls series, they care about the quality of the game, and how people think of it, and I really praise them for that. You will be playing this game for a countless number of hours, and it will always be exciting when you find a new cave, a new dungeon, or a new word wall. If you don't mind taking at least a couple of hundred hours out of your life, you will find that Skyrim will be one of the most amazing games you will ever play. Expand
  21. Nov 22, 2011
    All the way through, this game does not let you go one bit. The story is great, music and graphics are amazing, the setting is incredible (and as a Scandinavian, it feels really close to home). However, a few bugs and problems with the NPC interaction briefly scrapes the top layer off of a "Perfect Ten". Even so, this game is one of the best games I've played through my entire life and IAll the way through, this game does not let you go one bit. The story is great, music and graphics are amazing, the setting is incredible (and as a Scandinavian, it feels really close to home). However, a few bugs and problems with the NPC interaction briefly scrapes the top layer off of a "Perfect Ten". Even so, this game is one of the best games I've played through my entire life and I would recommend to anyone who has time on their hands, and isn't afraid to give up their grades. Fah zin ahrk moron, dovah kiir. For honor and glory, dragon children. Expand
  22. Nov 22, 2011
    The graphics are like the beard of Chuck Norris, The story is like the story of Chuck Norris' third fist inside his beard, and the game play is viscous enough to round-house kick you to Pluto and back.
  23. Nov 22, 2011
    OVERVIEW: Skyrim follows through on one of Bethesda's "Massive RPG's" and it is just that, a game that will keep you busy, which is a good thing.

PROS: With hundreds of unique quests, a huge map, and a satisfying storyline, this game will take a long time to complete and then be completely different the next play through, which is a great thing to have. Flexibility of this game is very appealing, how you can do anything you want and how every decision is a factor into the world, whether it be going to jail for stealing or an invitation to the Dark Brotherhood with your exceptional assassin skills. With so many cities, enemies, and dungeons, the great graphics and immense detail make the game that much better. The main storyline is somewhat intriguing but what surprised me was the amount of side stories there were; other quests are not just meaningless and random, they offer some very cool and interactive stories that you can't turn down.

CONS: Being that it carries the same style of gameplay as other Bethesda games, the combat is a little dry. Although their is a lot of variety in the type of weapon, each individual weapon acts the same as the others in its subcategory. And, of course, the big issue is the bugs. The bugs are disturbing and can ruin a moment, like falling under the map or screen freezes (both frustrating events have happened to me a few times). However, this is being patch so hopefully the problem will go away.

GRAPHICS: 9 out of 10; Amazing scenery and world is full of detail, however animations and voice overs need some work.
    STORYLINE: 9 out of 10; Main plot is not as exciting as the numerous side stories, but it is much longer.
    GAMEPLAY: 8 out of 10; Fun with so many styles and tactics to use, but gets repetitive.
    LASTING APPEAL: 10 out of 10; This is what this game is all about, thousands of things to do and then thousands of different ways to do them.
    OVERALL: 9 out of 10

CONCLUSION: This is game lives up to the hype and will definitely keep you busy, but still contains familiar flaws like combat and bugs.
  24. Nov 22, 2011
    Best game I have played in a long long time and I'm not a big fan of RPGs. But this one stands out in so many ways. Massive world, endless things to do, rich and detailed characters, fun combat, and tie all that in with the roleplaying aspect and it is just a completely wonderful game. The freedom this game gives you is mind-boggling I can't even tell you this enough you just have to goBest game I have played in a long long time and I'm not a big fan of RPGs. But this one stands out in so many ways. Massive world, endless things to do, rich and detailed characters, fun combat, and tie all that in with the roleplaying aspect and it is just a completely wonderful game. The freedom this game gives you is mind-boggling I can't even tell you this enough you just have to go play it! People who give skyrim bad reviews are probably the fans of the mindless shoot em up games like COD. This game takes cognitive effort and planning on what your next move or adventure will be. This is a type of game that almost everybody will have a different experience in. It is simply phenomenal. Expand
  25. Nov 22, 2011
    Desapontado! Poderia ser bem melhor, gostaria que tivesse chegado ao nível de The Witcher 2, não gostei dos gráficos nem do som, as lutas são enfadonhas!!!
  26. Nov 22, 2011
    With the overabundance of linear games on the market, Skyrim is a treat for anyone looking for a title with open adventuring and exploration.

For the amount of content in this game, the value is simply unmatched by any other game out there. Bethesda is showing other companies how to treat a consumer right. No day 1 DLC content, few bugs, great production value and a downright fun game!

This game is huge and the improvements over Oblivion are great. Improved graphics, better voice overs, better AI, faster loading, quicker and improved UI, every dungeon feels different... the list goes on and on.
  27. Nov 22, 2011
    It's worth every penny thst you should spend on it and every hour youu should put it into beating the game. There are no words in existence to describe how much fun Skyrim is so; orgasmazing.
  28. Nov 22, 2011
    This as pure a video game as us gamers will ever get. Full of content and exploration, this entry into the Elder Scrolls combines the best of what made Morrowind and Oblivion great.
  29. Nov 22, 2011
    the biggest game of the year and the decades !!! they changed many things for our enjoyment. it's an epic game that makes us fight dragons and climb the snowy mountains.
    I LOVE THIS GAME !!!! thanks bethesda
  30. Nov 22, 2011
    Absolutely BRILLIANT. Skyrim is a massive improvement on its amazing predecessor Oblivion. The menu system is visually stunning, clean and easy to manage/follow. Combat animation has improved dramatically and the cut scene animations are just the icing on the cake. The quests and guilds are new, exiting and have a lot of twists and turns which keep you involved and immersed in the story.Absolutely BRILLIANT. Skyrim is a massive improvement on its amazing predecessor Oblivion. The menu system is visually stunning, clean and easy to manage/follow. Combat animation has improved dramatically and the cut scene animations are just the icing on the cake. The quests and guilds are new, exiting and have a lot of twists and turns which keep you involved and immersed in the story. The Main Quest was great but the sweet thing is knowing this game isn't just a 2/3 hour and then get bored game, it is a truly massive free-roam environment in which there are hours upon hours of things to do keeping the player stuck to the TV and provides them with what feels like a truly graphically rich , deep, living world. The levelling and character management system feels so much better and more effective in shaping and helping to distinguish your own personal character without pinning him down to just one speciality. The audio of the game only adds to the experience and makes everything that much sweeter in such a huge landscape. The 3rd person camera angle and jumping are better animated and makes that type of play-style feel so much more believable and realistic. The amount of work that has gone into this game is breathtaking and shows how much Bethesda love making games, how dedicated they are, how much they listen to fan feedback and how far they are willing to go to create some so big and enjoyable for everyone (I loved how they even went as far as to use a choir for the audio, its breathtaking). I for one as a student study to become a games programmer take inspiration from games like these, Bethesda have done a great job. Did I mention the game also have dragons? Completely unscripted which only adds to the re-playability of the game, the fact that even the developers don't know when a dragon might come up is just great. Yes, this review is incredibly favourable because the game in terms of a multimedia product only helps further blur the lines between film and games, and further shows what games can achieve and how technology/incredibly dedicated people can create such stunning masterpieces. However be warned, there are many bugs with this game which does hinder the experience as well as the same voices being recycled on different characters, NPC characters being idiots, etc. However with something so big its worth it. (I feel I must also mention how unlike Oblivion there is not constant lag on a horse and loads of pausing while the loading icon appears). This is my favourite game (could you tell :P) . I can't wait for future DLC to see what else Bethesda have in store. Anyone on the edge about buying this, don't be. Go and get it, I am very sure you won't be disappointed. 10/10.(First time I have ever rated a game this high, I am also a huge Gears of War fan yet wouldn't even rate number 3 this high) Expand
  31. Nov 22, 2011
    I agree with eIras, this is a masterpiece. I only started played the Elder Scrolls w/ Oblivion, so I am somewhat of a Elder Scrolls noob, but I love this game. It has made some great improvements since Oblivion. I am 20 hours in and have not even started on the main quest. An easy 10 here and my vote for GOTY
  32. Nov 22, 2011
    I would love to give this game 10/10 but that would mean that it was perfect and as much as i love Skyrim its not a perfect game. That being said however it is still the best rpg i have played since oblivion and it holds what makes the elder scrolls series great. Graphicly its amazing, the game play is brilliant and the dragons are scary as hell. Besides a few minor graphical glitches andI would love to give this game 10/10 but that would mean that it was perfect and as much as i love Skyrim its not a perfect game. That being said however it is still the best rpg i have played since oblivion and it holds what makes the elder scrolls series great. Graphicly its amazing, the game play is brilliant and the dragons are scary as hell. Besides a few minor graphical glitches and the occasional bug this game is perfect, its a must by for anyone who is a fan of open world rpgs. Expand
  33. Nov 22, 2011
    After having played oblivion for almost 5 years, my expectations of Skyrim was sky high! yet somehow Bethesda game studios managed to surprise me. This game is beyond great, it is a Masterpiece, and more. Easily the best game ever made and it will probably stay that way for a couple of years, this game gets top score from me because of it's huge open world, hundreds of quests and infiniteAfter having played oblivion for almost 5 years, my expectations of Skyrim was sky high! yet somehow Bethesda game studios managed to surprise me. This game is beyond great, it is a Masterpiece, and more. Easily the best game ever made and it will probably stay that way for a couple of years, this game gets top score from me because of it's huge open world, hundreds of quests and infinite game play time! Expand
  34. Nov 22, 2011
    I've already given my s cents worth about Skyrim but the naysayers are really getting on my nerves! The xtreme fanboys too, but that's a different. Admittedly the game is flawed, in my opinion its not worth of 10 because it is flawed but just because its not a 10 doesn't mean its not kick ass. The numerical score is primarily a quantified analysis of all the technical parts of a productI've already given my s cents worth about Skyrim but the naysayers are really getting on my nerves! The xtreme fanboys too, but that's a different. Admittedly the game is flawed, in my opinion its not worth of 10 because it is flawed but just because its not a 10 doesn't mean its not kick ass. The numerical score is primarily a quantified analysis of all the technical parts of a product and yes skyrim has flaws but where it excels beyond anything else is in the intangible, unquantifiable realm of fun! Where else do you get so much freedom, so many surprises, so much satisfaction from a melee battle, so much pride in crafting a killer legendary elven sword with 40 points of fire damage and faster health regen to boot? Man, you guys who are dismissing this game for its minor flaws like the poor UI and the myriad of non-game-breaking glitches are just wasting too much time complaining and not enough to immersing in the game world. Those with crash issues have my sympathies but I for one haven't had the game crash even once in the 60 odd hours of play already clocked in. I agree that while pat bethesda's back for delivering on the promises as well as they have we should still be reminding them of where they should have done better but we cannot ignore the fact that there is nothing, nothing at all out there, no not even dark souls, that can match Skyrim for the sheer exhilaration and enjoyment it provides. I finished demon Souls and loved it, i played dark souls for two hours have haven't been back to it since i got my ass handed to me by a bunch of skeletons for the 300th time a month ago. I fail to see the point of making a game so difficult that instead of learning to beat it you are taught to abandon it all together because end of the day its a silly game, a virtual world, a non-existent foe. You play games to relax, to unwind, not to becoming enraged to the point that Dark Souls drive you to. I'm sure its a brilliant game and if i had the free time on my hands a much smaller share of real-life problems that every adult has i might still be plodding along through it one death at a time, but i have skyrim instead that makes it difficult enough for me to kill a dragon so that it is extremely satisfying to finally kill it on the 5th try but doesn't make those initial failure so painful that i lose all desires to hedge my visual stakes in the games world. To all those who enjoy dark souls or whatever, good luck to ya and kudos but don't give skyrim retardedly low scores just because you prefer other games. Any one with a modicum of fairness would give skyrim a higher than average (6+) score because if nothing else the effort put in must be appreciated. Everyone failing to that is being unfair and unjust and should be completely disregarded by anyone actually reading these reviews to decide whether the game is worth buying. Expand
  35. Nov 22, 2011
    I had never played Oblivion like most of my friends, however Skyrim is by far the most incredibly addicting and phenomenal game that i've ever been encouraged to try. It reminds me of the good ol Runescape days except the action is there and a brilliant level up system that gives endless customization. Not to mention the seemingly endless adventures and treasures around every corner. GAMEI had never played Oblivion like most of my friends, however Skyrim is by far the most incredibly addicting and phenomenal game that i've ever been encouraged to try. It reminds me of the good ol Runescape days except the action is there and a brilliant level up system that gives endless customization. Not to mention the seemingly endless adventures and treasures around every corner. GAME OF THE YEAR HANDS DOWN Expand
  36. Nov 22, 2011
    Pour kickinit525 : J'ai pas aimé la jouabilité de Skyrim alors 0/10 ^^ et oui ! Désolé mais bon ce type m'a tellement soulé ... enfin bref avec tous les pro-machin ou truc sa deviens horrible ce genre de site.
  37. Nov 22, 2011
    Starting off playing the game I notice such a feel for it, like walking outside from a stuffy room too a fresh air breeze. That's what this game is like, compared to it's previous game Oblivion the graphic's are so much better, the feel for it and the whole new creation engine they use is much more detailed. The combat system is so much better when you're using you're magic spells youStarting off playing the game I notice such a feel for it, like walking outside from a stuffy room too a fresh air breeze. That's what this game is like, compared to it's previous game Oblivion the graphic's are so much better, the feel for it and the whole new creation engine they use is much more detailed. The combat system is so much better when you're using you're magic spells you actually feel like a mage when you're sneaking around you really feel like a thief or a assassin in the shadows waiting to kill you're target, the only problem is the fact of some glitches witch is well known for Bethesda type games and before we know it it's gonna be patched up and perfected. Expand
  38. Nov 21, 2011
    get it. trust me. it absolutely destroyed my expectations, and made me feel stupid for having any doubts. get it now. have a large meal and say goodbye to your loved ones first though.

tip: if you are intimidated by having complete freedom of choice and no hand holding in a game - where you can really just walk around and do whatever the hell you want, then do not get this game. i know that sounds stupid, but the level of freedom and the sheer amount of detail and things to do overwhelm me, and I love this type of game.
  39. Nov 21, 2011
    I represent 'www.BreakMyGame.com'. SKYRIM has been given our hands down! It's a new stepping stone for a new Creation game engine for new titles to come out! Graphics is not to high end and enough to wow players, the score they generated for the game is a step up to give an exact life to the world, an excellent successor and worthy hands-on for new and old players for the series. OverallI represent 'www.BreakMyGame.com'. SKYRIM has been given our hands down! It's a new stepping stone for a new Creation game engine for new titles to come out! Graphics is not to high end and enough to wow players, the score they generated for the game is a step up to give an exact life to the world, an excellent successor and worthy hands-on for new and old players for the series. Overall hour and hours of pure possibilities in how a High Exploring and Story Driven RPG game should be. Expand
  40. Nov 21, 2011
    First Elder Scrolls game I have ever played was Morrowind. I immediately fell in love with the series and even went back and played the first two, which of course are dated, but are fun none the lease. Oblivion came out afterwards and again I could not stop playing it. Heck I even played it until Skyrim came out. When Skyrim was announced I was full of joy. So I immediately pre-ordered theFirst Elder Scrolls game I have ever played was Morrowind. I immediately fell in love with the series and even went back and played the first two, which of course are dated, but are fun none the lease. Oblivion came out afterwards and again I could not stop playing it. Heck I even played it until Skyrim came out. When Skyrim was announced I was full of joy. So I immediately pre-ordered the game and payed it off. Went to the midnight release and played it right when I got home. I was blown away. Bethesda did not disappoint. Almost everything that Bethesda promised was true. From their promise that the game was going to have the feeling of exploration like Morrowind to the promise that the dragons are going to be an addition that will work great even though the attacks are almost always random. It is hard to explain Skyrim in words so I will try my best. Skyrim takes place 200 years after the events of Oblivion and now Dragons are returning as was prophesied in the Elder Scrolls. You start the game as a prisoner as every other game in the series. You are about to be executed when a dragon attacks the village in which you are in. You manage to escape and are tasked with going to the nearest city ( I am leaving ALOT out so I do not spoil to much). When at the city you find out that a dragon is about to attack so you go outside near a watchtower joined with a bunch of soldiers of the city. The dragon does appear and when you finally kill it, the dragons souls is absorbed into you. You then find out that you are the Dragonborn the prophesied destroyer of the dragons. Gameplay in Skyrim is a bit different and complex compared to Oblivion, but still fun to use. This time around combat is more timing based. Unlike Oblivion where when you are blocking and the enemy attacks he recoils, on Skyrim when blocking it reduces damage( same as Oblivion), but the enemy does not recoil. You do a shield bash instead that makes the enemy stagger. When the enemy staggers they are open to attack. Many time if an enemy is in the middle of attacking you, you can do a shield bash to cancel out their attack then you can attack. The skill system on Skyrim is a mixture of Oblivion and Fallout 3. There is no longer attributes like endurance instead the skill increase depending on your play style. If you are a person who like to use one handed weapons and destruction spells the more those skills increase making you strong with those abilities. When you level up choose what to increase first, be it Magika, Health, or Stanima. After you are finished with that you will be given a perk point to use on perks that are able to be added for the skills that you like to use. Just a message to new comers of the series. I would recommend starting out with Oblivion first. There are a few bugs in the game like when a giant kills you your body will fly into the air (very entertaining though) and getting stuck in the environment. There is a bug on the Xbox 360 version that if you install the game some textures will not load in entirely. But other than that Skyrim is one of the best, if not the best Elder Scrolls to date. Expand
  41. Nov 21, 2011
    So after 80 hours invested what do I think? Skyrim is amazing. This game is huge in a way that is almost unbelievable. The landscape is vast, and varied and beautiful. There are many quests to do, many dungeons to explore, items to collect. I wish I could convey why this game is probably one of, if not THE best game I have ever played. Many times you play sand box style games whereSo after 80 hours invested what do I think? Skyrim is amazing. This game is huge in a way that is almost unbelievable. The landscape is vast, and varied and beautiful. There are many quests to do, many dungeons to explore, items to collect. I wish I could convey why this game is probably one of, if not THE best game I have ever played. Many times you play sand box style games where the game dev says things like "you can do whatever you want." Well with Skyrim that is actually true. There are no artificial limits herding you towards completing the story. You can from the moment you start, do whatever you desire. You can play the game for hundreds of hours and not even touch the main story. Its the sort of freedom that other games claim to have, but never do. That being said, there are flaws. Any game half the size of this one should have tons. Skyrim does NOT have tons, but it does have a few. Mainly in quest implementation, but as I write this Bethesda does have a patch currently going through the approval process and I expect many of the flaws to be corrected. All in all, this is a great game, and well worth the price. This game is definitely my GOTY. Expand
  42. Nov 21, 2011
    Some like coke, some like pepsi, the thing is, with Skyrim there is really nothing to compare it to. Having not played Oblivion, I can not say how big of an improvment it is, but I can say how big of an adventer it is. It is a game that you can only say you have completed it when you have at least a hundred hours in it. I personaly have over 20 hours logged in it, and have just barelySome like coke, some like pepsi, the thing is, with Skyrim there is really nothing to compare it to. Having not played Oblivion, I can not say how big of an improvment it is, but I can say how big of an adventer it is. It is a game that you can only say you have completed it when you have at least a hundred hours in it. I personaly have over 20 hours logged in it, and have just barely scratched the surface of the story line. Wheather you are looking to explore, go through a dungeon, do a quest, or best of all, kill a dragon, every minuet in Skyrim is well spent. You can costumize your character in each and every trait. You can be a Archer, Mage, Warrior, or some of each. You can have a spell in one hand, and a battle axe in the other. You can pull out your bow and quiver in times when you want to engage combat, while keeping your distance. No matter what classes you choose, the game expierience will be just as thrilling. There were times when I almost peed my pants in fear from even the slightest noise in a creepy dungeon. There were times when I would just want to just in my screen and live in the Province of Skyrim. In Skyrim you can almost literally live a second life, you can buy a horse, buy a house, get married, make money from stolen goods, get a drink at the local pub, kill a guy for no good reason and go to jail. You can do anything and that is the beauty of it all. Sure there can be some graphical glitches, blurred textures sometimes, and maybe you can even get stuck somewhere. But in a game like Skyrim the good, very much, out weighs the bad Expand
  43. Nov 21, 2011
    Having never played ANY Elder Scrolls game in the past, I approached this game with a few reservations. Most RPG's I have played that have been rated high have left me disappointed with few exceptions. But I will say this, Skyrim is one of the most impressive RPG's I have ever played. I am only about 15 hours into the game and I am hooked. The landscapes are gorgeous. The combat is wellHaving never played ANY Elder Scrolls game in the past, I approached this game with a few reservations. Most RPG's I have played that have been rated high have left me disappointed with few exceptions. But I will say this, Skyrim is one of the most impressive RPG's I have ever played. I am only about 15 hours into the game and I am hooked. The landscapes are gorgeous. The combat is well rounded. And the customization offers an almost unlimited amount of character options. Granted, the main story line is nothing that an RPG fan has never seen before, but it has been executed extremely well. Anyone looking for a great game to dedicate their time to should definitely give Skyrim a look. Expand
  44. Nov 21, 2011
    Bigger and certainly better than Oblivion, Skyrim has had me hooked for about 30 hours now, The quests are on the whole highly enjoyable and have an intriguing story to them. This is all the more impressive when you consider just how many there are! I have done quests in places that my friends have never even heard of! The world of Skyrim is impressive, and definitely builds on theBigger and certainly better than Oblivion, Skyrim has had me hooked for about 30 hours now, The quests are on the whole highly enjoyable and have an intriguing story to them. This is all the more impressive when you consider just how many there are! I have done quests in places that my friends have never even heard of! The world of Skyrim is impressive, and definitely builds on the immersion that Oblivion managed to draw people in with so well. The NPCs are all more independent and and varied, leading to the feeingl that even when your console/PC is turned off (if you can manage to pull yourself away) that the world is continuing despite the lack of your presence. The game play is great, weapons carry more ooomph, so it actually feels like you're hitting a bandit when you swing your sword at them - a departure from the mad, light and somewhat frantic combat of Oblivion. The addition of automatic animations at the end of some fights (think assassination in Reach or using the chainsaw in Gears of War) makes the combat seem more rigid and much more entertaining to watch. Switching weapons and spells has also been made a whole lot easier by having the ability to assign items, spells and potions as 'favourites', allowing you to switch easily in the middle of combat without trawling through numerous menus. All this said, Skyrim is definitely not without it's flaws. The auto-save feature doesn't work as well as I'd like and a few times I've died and had to go back up to 40 minutes worth of playing to the last save. To get around this I've got into the habit of 'waiting' for an hour if I'm about to do something risky or am low on health. While this solution works, I still feel that a more frequent auto-save would save on frustration and enhance the game. As with Oblivion and any game of this size and complexity, there are a large number of bugs. While some are just humorous, such as when a Giant kills you it sends you into the atmosphere which never gets old, there are a few more malicious bugs that are potential game destroyers. One such bug which I came across was one where all the NPC women would stay on the stop and rotate as if on a pedestal. This made it hard to complete a Dark Brotherhood quest where I had to follow a woman. Thankfully, a few game restarts later and the problem went away, but I fear there are more disastrous bugs that could ruin someone's Skyrim experience.
    The graphics are pretty, but not mind blowing, at least on the Xbox version anyway. There are some fantastic views of valleys and mountains that are impressive, but more often than not there are some texture issues and the draw distance is less than desirable. Aside from that, the landscapes are vast and varied, ranging from snowy mountains to marshland and urban areas.
    The music is one of my favourite aspects about Skyrim. It adds so much to the atmosphere that I'm not sure it would be worth playing without it! It is reminiscent of Oblivion's score, but more epic. The 'Dovahkiin' chant that plays when fighting a dragon does nothing less than make you feel like you actually are Dragonborn. Even the peaceful music when you are out in the fields is an absolute pleasure to listen to. I'm not a massive RPG fan, so while I'm not blinded by the fact that it's an Elder Scrolls game (as some other reviewers clearly are), I am thoroughly enjoying it and I do consider it to be one of the best games this year, and has set the bar high for all future RPGs. Despite the bugs and the few things Bethesda haven't quite mastered, this truly is one of the great games of this generation.
  45. Nov 21, 2011
    One thing to get across first: I have played both Dark Souls and Skyrim for a good 20+ hours and have come to a conclusion.

Skryim is MUCH better. Skyrim is, without a doubt, one of the best games to come out this year (if not the best). The combat is MUCH improved from Oblivion, and archery is actually useful for once in the history of The Elder Scrolls. The quests are interesting and

Skryim is MUCH better.

Skyrim is, without a doubt, one of the best games to come out this year (if not the best). The combat is MUCH improved from Oblivion, and archery is actually useful for once in the history of The Elder Scrolls. The quests are interesting and very fun to play are amazing. The main quest, however, did disappoint in that there was nothing really new; it felt as if it was just another quest where I had to go and find this object or talk to that person.

There are a few complaints, however. Magic seems limited: it doesn't seem like there are nearly as many spells as there were in Oblivion, and there is no spell-making. The companion system was added but is still rather...bad. I found myself going off on my own since I didn't want my companion to go and kill herself by attacking a dragon. Some low-res textures kind of take away from the experience, and there are minor animation issues but...all of that is easily overlooked.

Skyrim is a masterpiece, and I recommend it to everyone.
  46. Nov 21, 2011
    alright ive seen alot of trollin on here, how is there repetitve visuals? the landscape is very much varied, everything from frozen tundras, snowy mountains, swamps, forests, and alot of brilliantly made dungeons. i think this game is gonna be game of the year. everything is significantly improved from oblivion.. sure the games buggy, but it doesnt detract from the overall game, i putalright ive seen alot of trollin on here, how is there repetitve visuals? the landscape is very much varied, everything from frozen tundras, snowy mountains, swamps, forests, and alot of brilliantly made dungeons. i think this game is gonna be game of the year. everything is significantly improved from oblivion.. sure the games buggy, but it doesnt detract from the overall game, i put atleast 120 hours and im not bored of it and the game crashed twice.. honestly i dont have any issues with this game at all, its a game that i can actually call a work of art. the graphics are really good, a big upgrade from oblivion, now im not gonna say it has the most intuitive combat system, but it is improved from oblivion. all in all, this is probably the best n the series, most content rich game ive ever had the joy of playing. good job bethesda, you really have outdone yourself haha. worth every nickle and dime for this game. Expand
  47. Nov 21, 2011
    i have only played a few hours but i love the game. yeah i wish the map and journal were a little easier to access but that won't break a game for me. scrolling through the reviews i see so many 9 and 10 it is hard to understand how it has a 8.7 user score. Don't give a great RPG a 3 because you don't like RPGs. this game is meant for people who like RPGs. If you are a FPS fan and youi have only played a few hours but i love the game. yeah i wish the map and journal were a little easier to access but that won't break a game for me. scrolling through the reviews i see so many 9 and 10 it is hard to understand how it has a 8.7 user score. Don't give a great RPG a 3 because you don't like RPGs. this game is meant for people who like RPGs. If you are a FPS fan and you didn't like fallout or oblivion this game probably isn't for you. the graphics are great considering how much content it has to load and the fighting system is WAY better than fallout in my opinion. there is a ton of content in the game and i haven't even scratched the surface yet. you are in control of your game. If you don't want to take the time to do some small tasks in order to be able to progress than go to a faster paced game like Assassins Creed and Batman they are both great open world game with a lot less demand on time. this game was meant to take dozens of hours to beat. great job Bathesda! i cant wait to play your next-gen game after i beat this one a dozen times! Expand
  48. Nov 21, 2011
    I think its been said multiple times by now, this game is perfect. Glitches and ugly faces aside, Skyrim has some of the best and most memorable gameplay of the year. Absolute masterpiece. I will be playing this game for many months to come
  49. Nov 21, 2011
    Games like this are the reason I became a gamer. This is video game perfection in every sense of the word. Props to Bethesda for not selling out and adding a garbage multiplayer mode. It's simply not needed. You pay $60, and get a game with literally 1000+ hours of content. Sorry all you little losers who need to rank up every 30 seconds to find joy in a game - this isn't for you.Games like this are the reason I became a gamer. This is video game perfection in every sense of the word. Props to Bethesda for not selling out and adding a garbage multiplayer mode. It's simply not needed. You pay $60, and get a game with literally 1000+ hours of content. Sorry all you little losers who need to rank up every 30 seconds to find joy in a game - this isn't for you. But any true gamer will appreciate this masterpiece. Expand
  50. Nov 21, 2011
    Best Elder Scrolls yet. This game has so much content packed inside I was amazed they fit it all on one disc. You will be playing this game well past the holiday season and I'm definitely looking forward to future DLC. This is the best RPG experience I have had to date. This game has my vote for game of the year.
  51. Nov 21, 2011
    To say Skyrim is a massive game would be an understatement. I have put around 50 hours into this fantastic piece of work and I feel i have only scratched the surface of this wonderfully crafted world. Bethesda was able to take the best components of Oblivion and Fallout 3 and combine them into one while leaving most(but not all) annoyances at the door. The visuals are outstanding, theTo say Skyrim is a massive game would be an understatement. I have put around 50 hours into this fantastic piece of work and I feel i have only scratched the surface of this wonderfully crafted world. Bethesda was able to take the best components of Oblivion and Fallout 3 and combine them into one while leaving most(but not all) annoyances at the door. The visuals are outstanding, the amount of content can feel overwhelming at times but in a good way, the combat is much impoved over Oblivions clunky swinging at air style. Magic spells also perform much better, you can be shooting an enemy with flames from one hand while attacking them with your sword from the other at the same time. Any combination of two you can think of is possible and the favorites menu lets you swap fighting styles with ease any time you want. Skyrim isnt without flaws though the load times are often and sometimes long and enemies may float in the air from time to time but these minor bugs dont bring the game down enough to matter. If your looking for a game to occupy your time for the next say 100's of hours? Skyrim is your pick, distinguishing Skyrims world from your own may become a problem, but dont say i didnt warn you. Expand
  52. Nov 21, 2011
    I would give this game a 9 for bugs but how could i,it will be a murderer do do so!This game deserves the best scores from all gamers.This game is the one that gamers should suport.Bethesda gave us again a masterpiece to enjoy for months and months.A 60$ game that offers so much i mean come on..This game got it all,amazing storytelling,very good graphics,amazing atmosphere that make youI would give this game a 9 for bugs but how could i,it will be a murderer do do so!This game deserves the best scores from all gamers.This game is the one that gamers should suport.Bethesda gave us again a masterpiece to enjoy for months and months.A 60$ game that offers so much i mean come on..This game got it all,amazing storytelling,very good graphics,amazing atmosphere that make you thing your actually living in skyrim,and once again a superb gameplay.Gaming websites gave it a low score cause of the bugs but thats nothing a patch wont fix.I feal sorry for people waste there money on shooters when you have an amazing game infront of you as this masterpiece called Skyrim. Expand
  53. Nov 21, 2011
    Although the game is growing on me, I must say that for something from such an established production company like Besthesda it sure does have its detractions. As has been said countless times already, the textures are stunningly low quality, the combat mechanics are dull, and the menu system is annoying at best. If the time put forth here had been put into Fallout 4 instead, that gameAlthough the game is growing on me, I must say that for something from such an established production company like Besthesda it sure does have its detractions. As has been said countless times already, the textures are stunningly low quality, the combat mechanics are dull, and the menu system is annoying at best. If the time put forth here had been put into Fallout 4 instead, that game would be life-changing. Instead, we get this. Expand
  54. Nov 21, 2011
    The new standard in how to make a role-playing game is here. For fans of RPG's, big adventures, or just great games, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is sure to please. Offering up more game than one knows what to do with, Skyrim boasts what may be the largest and most detailed world to date. Everything about the game is perfect or near perfect. From the winding story that takes very cleverThe new standard in how to make a role-playing game is here. For fans of RPG's, big adventures, or just great games, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is sure to please. Offering up more game than one knows what to do with, Skyrim boasts what may be the largest and most detailed world to date. Everything about the game is perfect or near perfect. From the winding story that takes very clever twists and turns, to the up to date and beautiful visuals and audio, the redone combat and inventory system, and a world so brass and fun its easy to get lost in for days if not weeks. Alas we come to the one uhh ohh in the game. The glitches. The same problem that has plagued various other Bethesda games are still here although I'm finding much less than say Fallout 3 had, nothing gamebreaking or going to drop this game down to a 9, but just minor glitches and hickupps. Overall if your looking for a new single player game to spoil your time with, The Elder Scrolls has returned and everything about this new entry is bound to please. Expand
  55. Nov 21, 2011
    No other company EVER goes into this much detail and depth for content, that frankly, most players will never even see. I work in software and games and at every company I've worked at we always try to put the most stuff in front of the user so they experience it. It's like a 5-year-old child doing something and pestering his parents for attention. Bethesda, however, is more than contentNo other company EVER goes into this much detail and depth for content, that frankly, most players will never even see. I work in software and games and at every company I've worked at we always try to put the most stuff in front of the user so they experience it. It's like a 5-year-old child doing something and pestering his parents for attention. Bethesda, however, is more than content to put countless hours of attention and blood, sweat, and tears into the little things, the minutiae, the details that no one else cares about. All that stuff that we say "it's not worth it, only 1% of players will see this" they go after, and I have the utmost respect for them because of it.

To be frank, this game is more of the same for anyone who has played Morrowind or Oblivion, just larger in scale. But what a game it is; the technology has finally caught up to Bethesda's vision. The mountain peaks are covered in mists, the land, the creatures, everything feels so real.

Are there a lot of bugs? yes. My friend randomly had a dragon carcass fall out of the sky on his quest NPC, I myself have had plenty of issues of teleporting enemies and arrows hitting invisible walls etc. But honestly, when you do as much as this game does, it's easy to forgive things like this. They have just done so much and so much well that it seems like nitpicking to harp on things that would be core gameplay bugs in any other game.

In my opinion, the RPG to beat this year was The Witcher 2, but Skyrim has edged it out. The Witcher 2 is an amazing game, especially for long-time Witcher fans like myself, but Skyrim has just humbled me. Sometimes when you see something great, you just have your mouth open, jaw slack, saying 'wow.' But when you play Skyrim, you are speechless. I was STUNNED by the level of detail and care woven into this game. Every single thing in this game, from each individual blade of grass, to the majestic dragons is a testament to the love that each Bethesda employee put into this game.

In a genre where everyone is trying to rehash MMOs and the psychological gaming mechanics that WoW made so popular, it's always refreshing to see a purist.
  56. Nov 21, 2011
    I think the elder scrolls skyrim is an amazing pinnacle of gaming the graphics and story line are amazing but even if you dont want to stick to the main storyline there is many hours of fun to be had exploring the massive map and completing the side quests. On a scale of 1-10 this game is an 11 -Xbox360Critic
  57. Nov 21, 2011
    A living breathing entity, separate from anything else and of it's own operations and workings is how i would describe the world of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Few games can truly make you feel like you living out your character in a believable world and yet Skyrim is able to just that. Skyrim is one of the greatest accomplishments for gaming recent times and is one of the strongestA living breathing entity, separate from anything else and of it's own operations and workings is how i would describe the world of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Few games can truly make you feel like you living out your character in a believable world and yet Skyrim is able to just that. Skyrim is one of the greatest accomplishments for gaming recent times and is one of the strongest contenders for game of the year. Play this game. Expand
  58. Nov 21, 2011
    This game is amazing! If you not 12 years old, buy Skyrim, not Zelda, come on this isn't grade school anymore! The graphics will leave you breathless, the game is challenging, as well as entertaining. The full retail price of this game was a bit much for me, I never get games right away, but I bit the bullet for Skyrim. Maybe, wait till the price goes down, but you will be missing out onThis game is amazing! If you not 12 years old, buy Skyrim, not Zelda, come on this isn't grade school anymore! The graphics will leave you breathless, the game is challenging, as well as entertaining. The full retail price of this game was a bit much for me, I never get games right away, but I bit the bullet for Skyrim. Maybe, wait till the price goes down, but you will be missing out on the game of the decade. Expand
  59. Nov 21, 2011
    Beautiful master piece. one of the GOTY I've played. I which I could have a better pc to play it on but, PS3 still awesome and perfect. My only complain is that you can' t attack riding horses and you can' t ride dragons. Those two things will be a perfect 10.
  60. Nov 21, 2011
    I'm a bit surprised by the number of negative reviews. The game is impressive due to it's size alone. I've played about 50 hours and I feel like I've only scratched the surface of the game. This is of course a game in the line of Oblivion and Fallout so it has the same shortcomings (some bugged quests, some odd things happening, ...) but is doesn't take away that this is a great andI'm a bit surprised by the number of negative reviews. The game is impressive due to it's size alone. I've played about 50 hours and I feel like I've only scratched the surface of the game. This is of course a game in the line of Oblivion and Fallout so it has the same shortcomings (some bugged quests, some odd things happening, ...) but is doesn't take away that this is a great and involving game in a rich and credible world. Personal best RPG for 2011. Dark souls is also great but after a hard day of work I prefer a relaxing game. Expand
  61. Nov 21, 2011
    This is probably the best action RPG of all time, period ! Incredible design and gameplay, nice graphics, amazing story. Why are you still reading this? Go buy your copy.
  62. Nov 21, 2011
    This game, in my personal opinion, is the best single player experience you will have on this generation of consoles. It blows oblivion completely out of the water. No, its not perfect, but it is as close to perfect a game of this scope can be and for that I give it a 10 for the best RPG game ever made. The End.
  63. Nov 21, 2011
    It has happened,yes it has.This is the game we have all been waiting for ,for countless years.It's a game without a flaw ,a game that is fun and addictingly so to be lost in for many hours.A powerful powerhouse of a game.Wait,a game no,an experience yes a drug most certainly.An obsession that you think about all day at work to come home and experience some more.This is the first video gameIt has happened,yes it has.This is the game we have all been waiting for ,for countless years.It's a game without a flaw ,a game that is fun and addictingly so to be lost in for many hours.A powerful powerhouse of a game.Wait,a game no,an experience yes a drug most certainly.An obsession that you think about all day at work to come home and experience some more.This is the first video game that your mind can't differentiate between a drug and a game.That hasn't happened sense tetris came out in the 80's.A masterpiece of an obtuse game industry.This is not to be missed no matter what your game style,preference,system.Get a 360 or a PS3 and grab this game now.Play it,experience it,cherish it,dream about it make your story and live your alternate life it will most likely make you forget about this life! Expand
  64. Nov 21, 2011
    As a gigantic fan of Oblivion, I didn't think it was possible for a game to get any bigger, more detailed, and more immersive; Skyrim proved me wrong. The graphics are awesome, the fights are thrilling, the quests are interesting and fun and the dragons: Genius. This is about as close to a perfect game that will be made, and most definitely one of the best of all time. A masterpiece onAs a gigantic fan of Oblivion, I didn't think it was possible for a game to get any bigger, more detailed, and more immersive; Skyrim proved me wrong. The graphics are awesome, the fights are thrilling, the quests are interesting and fun and the dragons: Genius. This is about as close to a perfect game that will be made, and most definitely one of the best of all time. A masterpiece on every level. Expand
  65. Nov 21, 2011
    I've been an Elder Scrolls fan since the third installment of the series, Elder Scrolls Morrowind. I've always enjoyed the open world and the shear expansive size of the games. Skyrim further continues my love for the series. The world is rich and expansive and I truly feel that you get your $60 worth when you buy this game. It is packed full of content and allows the player a lot ofI've been an Elder Scrolls fan since the third installment of the series, Elder Scrolls Morrowind. I've always enjoyed the open world and the shear expansive size of the games. Skyrim further continues my love for the series. The world is rich and expansive and I truly feel that you get your $60 worth when you buy this game. It is packed full of content and allows the player a lot of control on play style. For the most part the graphics are great with the occasional glitch and texture issues but overall is amazing to look into the distance and seen expansive mountain ranges. The game is an overall improvement from Oblivion in terms of menus, character customization, character models, and world. With Morrowind I always felt that the world had an awesome size and lots of mystery to it which encouraged exploration but the game had many technical problems. However with Oblivion I felt that it fixed those problems but lost the expansiveness of Morrowind. I feel like Skyrim is the perfect coupling of Morrowind and Oblivion! It's good fun! Expand
  66. Nov 21, 2011
    This is a fantastic game. I usually don't like RPG or FPS games but I thought I'd give this one a try. I'm really glad I did.
    PROS: a seemingly never-ending amount of quests and story lines. Great graphics, support for DirectX10.
    CONS: there are some areas where the game crashes. I found out if you play those couple of areas in "windowed mode" that you can get through it without crashing. Hopefully there'll be patches for these.
  67. Nov 21, 2011
    Its kinda masterpiece... a lot of things to do, very good scripting (finally the game doesnt forget what npc are doing when you leave the cell), very well designed dungeons, good story (so far), very nice graphic and yes, finally very stable (at least on my pc).
    Music is very good and it seems to live there, if you know what i mean. Everything looks so full of life and every step you take there is a lot of things to do.
    The UI is not that good, i hope some good mods to take care of that (like in Olbivion).
    But finally, a very nice rpg game, its from Morrowind i didnt spend so much time on a game :)

And above all, for the first time i dont use fast travel... Very nice work Bethesda... very nice.
  68. Nov 21, 2011
    Skyrim is better than a 9 yet not a 10. Iâ
  69. Nov 21, 2011
    Beyond Fantastic. I wish this scale had 15 because I would rate it there if i could. This game will last me YEARS, or until the next Elder Scrolls is released. Great game play, visuals are very appealing, best use of $60 this year. BUY IT!
  70. Nov 21, 2011
    I rented this game since i normally don't spend $60 on a solo game. From what i've played up to now (lvl 25). I've decided that in my opinion, the inventory needs to be worked on (sort items based on weight/value/armor/damage). Quests often got thrown on the back burner while trying to accomplish a task. for example, i had to travel to a place to retrieve an item, and on the way i pickedI rented this game since i normally don't spend $60 on a solo game. From what i've played up to now (lvl 25). I've decided that in my opinion, the inventory needs to be worked on (sort items based on weight/value/armor/damage). Quests often got thrown on the back burner while trying to accomplish a task. for example, i had to travel to a place to retrieve an item, and on the way i picked up 3 different quests which then became more important to me since they were 1) closer to my current location. 2) easier than my original task, and more rewarding. Expand
  71. Nov 21, 2011
    absolutely amazing..the game is massive in size , i spent a week not following the story line and doing my own thing an still not reached the edges of the world .. when i go up the snowy mountains i actually feel cold lol
  72. Nov 20, 2011
    Most people I know are talking about this game as if it is Heaven on a Disc,
    So I tried Skyrim just to see what all the hype is about,
    And I found it to be a complete mess, it was boring, overated, and had extremely annoying controls,
    I do not see any reason why someone should pay money for something like this.
  73. Nov 20, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Skyrim is one of the best games ever made from everything to characters, environment, graphics, quests its simply the best. i wasn't even a fan of the elder scroll series since i never played the first one on 360. but i am a big fan of Bethesda s fallout series and now this. i knew a year ago when it was announced it would be EPIC. your never gonna be short of anything to do in Skyrim the game just keeps on going. its huge i can rant about it for hours but i cant be bothered. of course there are some glitches etc but anyone complaining about the game is a whiny spoiled **** and can go **** themselves in my opinion. game of the year definitively game of the decade maybe you have to be a true gaming fan to appreciate this and not just someone that picks up the controller one day a year. Expand
  74. Nov 20, 2011
    Skyrim is a real work of art. I've poured more than 20 hours into it and have barely scratched the surface. Anybody who says that Oblivion is better is just stuck in a nostalgic land. Skyrim offers an RPG experience like no other. Be who you want to be. That's exactly how Bethesda wants you to play it; and play it like that you will, because Bethesda perfected the Western RPG genre withSkyrim is a real work of art. I've poured more than 20 hours into it and have barely scratched the surface. Anybody who says that Oblivion is better is just stuck in a nostalgic land. Skyrim offers an RPG experience like no other. Be who you want to be. That's exactly how Bethesda wants you to play it; and play it like that you will, because Bethesda perfected the Western RPG genre with this chapter in the Elder Scrolls Saga. Dragons, Draugr and Daedra. What more do I have to say? Expand
  75. Nov 20, 2011
    i was concerned that as I was writing this review that I'd switch my score for this game to a 10. But for me to do so would be to say the game is perfect or so near perfect that it hid its flaws. However close Skyrim came to hiding it's flaws it still had them. Texture popping, getting trapped in small cracks, but these are the few things that it does wrong. The game is epic, charactersi was concerned that as I was writing this review that I'd switch my score for this game to a 10. But for me to do so would be to say the game is perfect or so near perfect that it hid its flaws. However close Skyrim came to hiding it's flaws it still had them. Texture popping, getting trapped in small cracks, but these are the few things that it does wrong. The game is epic, characters are the most engaging characters I've seen in an elder scrolls game and it is fun to watch above all. Expand
  76. Nov 20, 2011
    + Huge world to explore. Many beautiful places. Good graphics and textures. (Mods will make even better) No need to have super modern PC. Quests are really interesting. Large content.
    - Some glitches, which are not affecting the gameplay. Only few do. Would like to have more non-magic spells.

PS. If you want Skyrim, you need to play on Master. If you don't, you won't have fun.
  77. Nov 20, 2011
    I have never really been a fan of RPG's in the past and I never played the previous Elder Scrolls games. My friends started telling me how great and fun Skyrim was and how it was a pretty new story so I would not need to play previous games. I went and rented the game and after a few hours of playing I knew it was a buy. This game is amazing, a nice break from all the shooters out there. II have never really been a fan of RPG's in the past and I never played the previous Elder Scrolls games. My friends started telling me how great and fun Skyrim was and how it was a pretty new story so I would not need to play previous games. I went and rented the game and after a few hours of playing I knew it was a buy. This game is amazing, a nice break from all the shooters out there. I can honestly say I am having fun fighting dragons, doing mission...endless list of things you can do in this game. Expand
  78. Nov 20, 2011
    Skyrim brings 'all flash no substance' to an entirely new level. Somehow people are impressed by having giant sub-par looking landscapes and tons of NPC's even if it substitutes an actually decent combat system, or basically any gameplay mechanic that's even remotely challenging or polished. If a game based around conflict doesn't have a good combat system, it has nothing. Plain andSkyrim brings 'all flash no substance' to an entirely new level. Somehow people are impressed by having giant sub-par looking landscapes and tons of NPC's even if it substitutes an actually decent combat system, or basically any gameplay mechanic that's even remotely challenging or polished. If a game based around conflict doesn't have a good combat system, it has nothing. Plain and simple. Bethesda opted for a big world instead of a well designed one, and that's what they got. I'd rather play several better smaller games then waste my time playing one bad big one. Expand
  79. Nov 20, 2011
    Ive been a fan of the Elder Scrolls since western style rpgs landed on the original Xbox with titles like Morrowind and KOTOR so I was at Best Buy to purchase Skyrim as soon as they opened. Surprisingly my initial reaction to the game was a little underwhelming and downright disappointing at times. The Introduction and beginning sequence was a little slow and the initial action sequenceIve been a fan of the Elder Scrolls since western style rpgs landed on the original Xbox with titles like Morrowind and KOTOR so I was at Best Buy to purchase Skyrim as soon as they opened. Surprisingly my initial reaction to the game was a little underwhelming and downright disappointing at times. The Introduction and beginning sequence was a little slow and the initial action sequence didnt feel like it put me in danger (think Mgs4 intro with the mechs that was terrifying to me and deadly). My gameplay style usually calls for me to ignore the main quest as much as possible and the very first two quest I encountered were extremely buggy. I had to go back to a prior save several times within the first 3 hours and at one point had to google an answer to a problem that potential could have ended the game and have me start from scratch. After the initial set back however I found Skyrim incredible deep and rewarding. The Landscape starts of pretty generic but as you travel North gets extremely amazing. There are plenty of options as far as character creation and play styles to keep you always trying to level just one more time, and the quests are fun and full of lore. Over all the world is very deep with quests around every corner. There are negatives, much has been said about the A.I and I for one am still not impressed with their behavior and logic. The developer made a big deal about the skills system and how its tied to the heavens and although pretty is nothing more than regular skill trees. On the technical side there are bugs galore and lag is common for me, yeah thats right lag in a single player game. After the onslaught of Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3 and New Vegas I hoped the developer would take time to polish the game and remove all the bugs they could before releasing it to the public even If that means making a smaller game. If it werent for the issues It has with glitches and bugs and an A.I. that still seems lifeless and spooky I would give the game a 10 thanks to the robust and beautiful world, voice acting and endless supply of content. This game was made to be epic and hopefully the next entry in the series while be epic and bug free. Expand
  80. Nov 20, 2011
    One word: EPIC. Skyrim will pack you in soo many hours of gameplay. Greatly improved visuals, engine. quests ETC. Extremely convient menu layout for Consoles.....on PC...not so much. I even once spent 1 hour just watching NPC's work. If you want something worth your money.....this is the game to get. Soo many things to do and just finding all the locations in the game can take 4-6 days.
  81. Nov 20, 2011
    Skyrim is easily one of the best games I have ever played. The combat is great- certainly a lot better than Oblivion's. The aesthetics are amazing. As is the soundtrack. You could play this game for hundreds of hours and have it still feel fresh when you start it up again.
  82. Nov 20, 2011
    Great game and graphics. I would highly recommend to any gamer. I'm not a huge RPG gamer but this game keeps things interesting. Fighting dragons is a really good touch and keeps you on your toes at all times.
  83. Nov 20, 2011
    I made a really long review of skyrim. Awesome game. Main quest is lacking. Dragons are too easy to kill.
  84. Nov 20, 2011
    i think is a good game but i think it doesn't evolve from past series, the game could do a lot more, and i mean a looooot but i am disappointed. the graphics are great and the sound to, the gameplay is the same
  85. Nov 20, 2011
    The history and lore in this game is like no other, dragons make you poop your pants, Combat is very tense and exciting, dungeons have a human touch to them, graphics are eye candy, and the quests and amount of content is insane. I enjoy the bugs and glitches and i frequently laugh at silly things like placing a bucket on the head of a npc so that they don't see you steal there stuff inThe history and lore in this game is like no other, dragons make you poop your pants, Combat is very tense and exciting, dungeons have a human touch to them, graphics are eye candy, and the quests and amount of content is insane. I enjoy the bugs and glitches and i frequently laugh at silly things like placing a bucket on the head of a npc so that they don't see you steal there stuff in front of there face or being sent a mile in the air from a giant. Expand
  86. Nov 20, 2011
    The first couple hours felt like a mixture of Two Worlds and Call of Duty MW2 combined. I found it difficult to fully immerse myself into the story because the scripting is just too darn cheesy, and I was definitely left wanting more in combat. Most movements are rigid, and lack variety which is paired with poorly calibrated physics. The consideration put into physics becomes apparent whenThe first couple hours felt like a mixture of Two Worlds and Call of Duty MW2 combined. I found it difficult to fully immerse myself into the story because the scripting is just too darn cheesy, and I was definitely left wanting more in combat. Most movements are rigid, and lack variety which is paired with poorly calibrated physics. The consideration put into physics becomes apparent when watching a dragon fly around, or how the wooden bridge falls after Hadvar pulls the lever in the beginners area, OR how you can stand upright on a almost vertical mountainside.

The game has been dumbed down extensively, which I see as contradictory to the genre of Role Playing in general. I almost didn't know what to think when I picked up the first weapon and the only stats for it were damage, weight and value. The world is beautiful and fully traversable, and worth a score of 5 in its own right, and an additional 1 for effort. The rest speaks for itself. Fix the physics, and completely revamp the combat system... its about time. Or maybe make skyrim a DLC/Expansion for morrowind. Ho ho ho...

P.S. where did my acrobatics skill go?
  87. Nov 20, 2011
    By far best elder scroll game! if you loved oblivion your going to love skyrim no doubt about it. Every inch of the game is pure creativity and its a game that was made for the players. Bethesda truly but there heart into making Skyrim and it shows in every moment of the game. If you love the Elder Scroll series your going to love skyrim.
  88. Nov 20, 2011
    Skyrim may not be a quantum leap forward for Bethesda, but they've mastered their own unique open world rpg formula and this game delivers the best experience yet. The number of locations and variety of interesting things to do in them is truly staggering. Every few minutes you'll find yourself enjoying a new epic vista, each more amazing than the last. It isn't perfect; theSkyrim may not be a quantum leap forward for Bethesda, but they've mastered their own unique open world rpg formula and this game delivers the best experience yet. The number of locations and variety of interesting things to do in them is truly staggering. Every few minutes you'll find yourself enjoying a new epic vista, each more amazing than the last. It isn't perfect; the hand-to-hand combat still feels a bit unresponsive and the AI pathfinding is still easy to exploit, but these are miniscule issues in the face of how much fun this title is. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some trolls to torch, bandits to decapitate, and... volumes on Dwemer history to read. Expand
  89. Nov 20, 2011
    An intense experience in one of the games that defines the media as an art form. Beautiful scenery and wonderful textures along with fun and interesting gameplay make this a game for the ages. The dungeons are tricky and offer a rewarding 'Ah hah!' when completed, the bosses require strategy, and the game provides an easy difficulty for the casual gamers. The only issue are the earlyAn intense experience in one of the games that defines the media as an art form. Beautiful scenery and wonderful textures along with fun and interesting gameplay make this a game for the ages. The dungeons are tricky and offer a rewarding 'Ah hah!' when completed, the bosses require strategy, and the game provides an easy difficulty for the casual gamers. The only issue are the early release bugs, including texture glitches on character's clothing and weapons. This is to be expected and will definitely be released in an upcoming patch. All in all, a wonderful game. Expand
  90. Nov 20, 2011
    The Good: I love this game, lots of fun, so much to do, I found myself running around the forest for hours just looking for animals to skin.
    The Bad: I love this game, lots of fun, so much to do, I found myself running around the forest for hours just looking for animals to skin.
    But in all seriousness the game is lovely but there are some clipping and glitches that usually end with me dyeing and becoming aggregated.
  91. Nov 20, 2011
    Great story, leveling up is addicting, fighting dragons is just as good as fighting a big daddy (bioshock), and i think the best thing of all is exploring the game world. Hope this helped.
  92. Nov 20, 2011
    Greatest game i've played. The map is huge! Plenty of quests to do, and the graphics are amazing. The skill menu is well made, it gives you a choice on which direction to take on a certain skill
  93. Nov 20, 2011
    I am a die hard video game fan. Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, even PC if I can. And I have played much more than my fair share of video games. Real-Time Strategies, First-Person and Third-Person Shooters, RPGs, Puzzle, Action, Adventure, Fighting, you name it, I've played, and most likely beaten it. And Skyrim is, by far, one of my absolute favorite games I have ever had the pleasure ofI am a die hard video game fan. Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, even PC if I can. And I have played much more than my fair share of video games. Real-Time Strategies, First-Person and Third-Person Shooters, RPGs, Puzzle, Action, Adventure, Fighting, you name it, I've played, and most likely beaten it. And Skyrim is, by far, one of my absolute favorite games I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. I have read other user reviews for this game. They complain about trivial, and quite highly exaggerated, problems that don't even affect game play or the appeal of the game. Some even complain about there being no online play. Online play is the default for a game that can't stand on its own two legs from story alone. And Skyrim doesn't just stand on its own two legs, it runs a marathon in an hour. I can honestly say that playing Skyrim has soured my opinion on almost every other RPG I have ever played. Every hour spent playing the game improves my views on it and I don't see any way that this game will stop amazing me, for a very long time. Especially with the announcement that all DLC being released will be massive. Much like the Shivering Isles download for Oblivion. For all those who have played Oblivion and loved it, this game will blow your mind. Anyone who is a fan of RPGs, this game will make you wonder what you liked about the others so much. A must buy for everyone who is a fan of role playing and free roam. Even if you have never picked up an RPG title before(somehow), you must grab this game. And for all those who are giving this game a low rating, go back to CoD and keep pretending that you are a hardcore gamer. (P.S. sorry for the TL;DR) Expand
  94. Nov 20, 2011
    After coming off the the heels of the very successful "Fallout 3" Bethesda Studios has come back to their roots with the next installment of the Elder Scroll series in "The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim". Were to begin this game is almost the perfect games with beautiful graphics fun gameplay an interesting story and hundreds of hours of playability. But its not perfect to begin lets start withAfter coming off the the heels of the very successful "Fallout 3" Bethesda Studios has come back to their roots with the next installment of the Elder Scroll series in "The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim". Were to begin this game is almost the perfect games with beautiful graphics fun gameplay an interesting story and hundreds of hours of playability. But its not perfect to begin lets start with the graphics, there great, astonishing and lovely but like all open world RPGs there's always some form of framrate issues and texture pop ins and Skyrim is no exception. Gameplay wise Skrim is plain old fun. Whether it be slaying dragons hunting prey or living it up in the towns there's always something to do here. But to be a nitpicker I had very few issues were the game would jerk around during combat or even crash. Now like every RPG the main story is the most important part, but it really didnt feel like it. It feels like the kid in the back of the car hes there but there's other thing to pay attention to. If you to compare Skyrim to a cake the story would be the icing on it. Not to say that the story is bad (which it isn't) but there is so much to do you might not get to the story immediately. Like every games in the world there is audio and let me say its top of the line from the sounds of the environment, the voice acting, and the splendid soundtrack I have no major complaints what so ever. They only negative remark I will say about it it that characters tend to repeat lines a lot. Now for the final part of this analysis the replayability/ length. One can invest days upon weeks in this game its huge mind blowingly huge. You could be doing nothing but the main quest, or the guilds. Maybe you prefer roaming the world you can do that too. As of this time I'm currently 60+ hours in and have no meaning to stop now. Do yourself a favor pick up this game if you and RPG fan you wont regret it I give this game a 9.75/10.
    (I'm no literary genius so please ignore any errors.)
  95. Nov 20, 2011
    This game has endless content, gorgeous graphics, unscripted dragons, over a hundred spells, dual wielding, a giant map that extends forever, live characters, people that react to every last thing you do. (Ex I had fire spell in my hand, little girl says it's bad to play with fire mister, or I had a dragon sword in my hand, little boy said I like you're sword sir. or I drop stuff in theThis game has endless content, gorgeous graphics, unscripted dragons, over a hundred spells, dual wielding, a giant map that extends forever, live characters, people that react to every last thing you do. (Ex I had fire spell in my hand, little girl says it's bad to play with fire mister, or I had a dragon sword in my hand, little boy said I like you're sword sir. or I drop stuff in the streets and people fight over it, trying to take it)

Endless quests, epic weapons, amazing music, many places to live, get married, tons of factions, kill animations, crafting, alchemy, enchanting, smelting, mining, wood chopping, tanning, smelting, sharpening, the world is so beyond alive it's crazy. Everything is so amazing, it's the most beautiful hand crafted world I have ever seen. Skyrim is nothing short of a master piece, and Bethesda earns every amount of praise they get. Game of the year, best game of all time.
  96. Nov 20, 2011
    A Truely great game but i'n need of a bit of patching not a perfect 10 but close I have played this game for nearly 20 hours now and can't believe how little i have completed regards to content i'n game this is a game that should set an example and a standard for all games i'n is genre.
  97. Nov 20, 2011
    Every Elder scrolls game is better than the previous one, and this is not an exception, skyrim have everything you want and more, is a an exceptional masterpiece, say goodbye to real life.
  98. Nov 20, 2011
    The sheer amount of content in this game is almost overwhelming. After over a week of playing I have still only scratched the surface of this gigantic game. One of the few games out there that is actually worth 60 dollars.
  99. Nov 20, 2011
    Having been with the TES series since Morrowind, Skyrim met and exceeded my already high expectations. It looks beautiful, plays beautifully, and has the potential to keep you entertained for hundreds of hours. I can think of no better game to spend $60 on.

1. Feb 6, 2012
    This epic role-playing game might be Bethesda's best game yet, and offers an unique and spectacular world filled with fun. The freedom ensures a great experience for both the casual and hardcore gamer, as you're free to play the game how you like.
  2. Dec 16, 2011
    Skyrim is the largest, and most compelling work that I've had the opportunity to play this year. It's engaging, engrossing, and will take over your gaming life for many months to come. Not only is Skyrim among the best that 2011 has to offer, but for me, this is, without hesitation, the Game of the Year.
  3. Dec 16, 2011