8.4

1. Nov 16, 2011
    Skyrim is the best game I have ever played. Giving an ultra realistic sense of you being in the game and with fantastic attention to detail, skyrim slowly sucks the player in making the hours feel like seconds. The gameplay is fun, the rewards are...well rewarding, and the overall sense of adventure is always there. Although it is plagued by a few bugs, none of them affected by overallSkyrim is the best game I have ever played. Giving an ultra realistic sense of you being in the game and with fantastic attention to detail, skyrim slowly sucks the player in making the hours feel like seconds. The gameplay is fun, the rewards are...well rewarding, and the overall sense of adventure is always there. Although it is plagued by a few bugs, none of them affected by overall feeling for the game. Anyone who owns a 360 should definitely buy this game. Expand
  2. Nov 16, 2011
    A Definite Game Of The Year Competitor,If not already,winner.The leveling system is vastly superior to its predecessor "Oblivion" and the game strives to solve most problems.if not all,encountered in oblivion.Regardless of storyline,the game features an epic 300+ Hours of Game-play and DLC on the way!You can't ask much more of a game.
  3. Nov 16, 2011
    A véleményem elsÅ
  4. Nov 16, 2011
    A significant improvement over Oblivion's non-responsive melee combat and the "stroke victim" expressions on all of the characters. The wild world is a treat to wander about--stepping off of the main road and poking around in hidden glades and snowy crags and the unexpected surprises that come with off-roading it. Character advancement is engrossing and always filled with tough choicesA significant improvement over Oblivion's non-responsive melee combat and the "stroke victim" expressions on all of the characters. The wild world is a treat to wander about--stepping off of the main road and poking around in hidden glades and snowy crags and the unexpected surprises that come with off-roading it. Character advancement is engrossing and always filled with tough choices regarding which talents to bump up - so much so that it begs for multiple plays with totally different character builds. A few bugs and glitches are evident and the game occasionally "cheats" (such as making some NPCs unkillable no matter how well you beat them down) but I can overlook that stuff in such a vast, densely packed game. Expand
  5. Nov 16, 2011
    This is the best rpg ever made since baldurs gate 1 and 2 (period). the gameplay , music and the long hours of fun and entertainment really make this game the best of its genre and giving itself unlimited replayability . if you have played oblivion you should definately play skyrim because it is way better . do not worry about the glitches bethesda will be releasing a fix through its firstThis is the best rpg ever made since baldurs gate 1 and 2 (period). the gameplay , music and the long hours of fun and entertainment really make this game the best of its genre and giving itself unlimited replayability . if you have played oblivion you should definately play skyrim because it is way better . do not worry about the glitches bethesda will be releasing a fix through its first expansion. skyrim is not just a game it is an experience you will never forget . Expand
  6. Nov 16, 2011
    One of my top 5 xbox 360 games was Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I think to date I've put in around 200 hours on it, which for me, is nearly unthinkable, the only other games that come close are Final Fantasy VII/VIII/IX.
    Skyrim...first of all let me say that I for one have encountered none of the bugs and glitches that have plagued many gamer's experiences, therefore I cannot comment on those. My experience so far has been one of immersion on a scale I havent felt since I first purchased Oblivion all those years ago. The new combat system is a great addition allowing you to duel-wield sword and spell, or for added fun, equip spells to both hands to create a charged super spell :D
    The inventory is admittedly a bit clunky and swapping between magic and a sword/shield combo could have been made easier, but I'm just niggling really.

The size of the game world and the detail that has gone into it really shows that Bethesda still know how to wow their own fans. Textures could be better but for the size of the open world, you shouldnt expect Battlefield here..

Quests are varied and interesting and the return of the various guilds is welcome as they reward you greatly for veering off from the main story arc, which is something other RPG's fail to do.

All in all I can see this taking another of my top 5 xbox 360 game slots. While its still early days, I can see that this is a game that will keep giving. Also, if Bethesda plan DLC along the lines of Oblivion's epic 'Shivering Isles' then its a game that will continue to give, for years to come.

7. Nov 16, 2011
    Best cRPG since baldurs gate ( for me ofc), long time no see so epic story with very nice grafic side and AWESOM music ( to bad only 5 of them are in cd ). One thing need to be said - TES V need some pach to smoth a few bug and it will be perfect. Im 40 hours in game and i cant stop play, I hope it gona be at least 300h to finish entire game. GJ Bethesda!
  8. Nov 16, 2011
    This game is the best and it rocks. It's the least buggiest game to come out at this time. With BF3 being buggy and populated by non existent team work and no voice users, then the appalling user score of COD this is the game for you. The dragon fighting mechanics is awesome. Give it a go. It has such an awesome score for a reason.
  9. Nov 16, 2011
    I already spend 20+ hours in this fantastic world an i am amazed! The world feels real, its simply the best RPG i ever played. Hopefully the little Bugs here and there will get fixed soon, but even WITH those Bugs, the Game is simply wonderful!
  10. Nov 16, 2011
    It's difficult to see how this could be improved upon. The characters, stories and environments are all matchless; combat is fun and involving, and even just running around is a pleasure. Having spent hundreds of hours in Morrowind and Cyrodiil it's already clear to me that I'll be spending even more time in Skyrim.
  11. Nov 16, 2011
    This game was....err I mean is one of the single best looking games to date! I mean it is 10x's better then Oblivion in way of looks. Plus I feel they didn't under-do or over-do the dragon element, the engagements between dragons is common but not to the point where it becomes tedious. I also really like how Bethesda upped the fickleness of the lock picking... much improved to that ofThis game was....err I mean is one of the single best looking games to date! I mean it is 10x's better then Oblivion in way of looks. Plus I feel they didn't under-do or over-do the dragon element, the engagements between dragons is common but not to the point where it becomes tedious. I also really like how Bethesda upped the fickleness of the lock picking... much improved to that of Fallout or even the dreadful lock picking mini game in Oblivion. The new menu system is a big improvement, and the commonness of gold is greatly apreciated, over all I think that Skyrim is a huge step forward compared to Oblivion, and Fallout.... Fallout New Vegas almost made me lose faith in Bethesda, but Skyrim brought it back. Can't even fathom what the next Elderscrolls is going to do, to take it to a hole 'notha level Expand
  12. Nov 16, 2011
    This game is very hard to review, because if i were to review it part by part instead of as a whole i think i would get a bad review. Its a game with tons of glitches but if you can look passed them you will find a masterpiece of a game. I have played it like 30 hrs and have done absolutely nothing other than explore lol. This game also has some of the best music iv hard in a video game ,This game is very hard to review, because if i were to review it part by part instead of as a whole i think i would get a bad review. Its a game with tons of glitches but if you can look passed them you will find a masterpiece of a game. I have played it like 30 hrs and have done absolutely nothing other than explore lol. This game also has some of the best music iv hard in a video game , and it aint hard on the eyes either . Fighting up close is improved but it still feels weird but this game is more about exploration. Its not perfect but do yourselves a favor and give a shot, you wont be disappointed Expand
  13. Nov 15, 2011
    Yes, yes, yes.
    GET THIS GAME! Where do i start. The new engine looks amazing in action, there is an endless (literally) amount of content.
    (Once again i stress ENDLESS) and its going to F**** UP YOUR LIFE! You play as a Dragonborn who can perform "Shouts". You start of about to be excecuted before *Not going to spoil*. After that your thrust into a world with infinite possiblities. Murder
    Yes, yes, yes.
    (Once again i stress ENDLESS) and its going to F**** UP YOUR LIFE!
    You play as a Dragonborn who can perform "Shouts". You start of about to be excecuted before *Not going to spoil*. After that your thrust into a world with infinite possiblities. Murder everyone? Go help village people?

To steal from elras, It's a fantastic virtual experience, deep history, superb gameplay, beautiful graphics, majestic music, in short, an incredible journey for all people who love video games. Its exactly that. Go do your PC, Xbox or PS3 proud and GET THIS GAME! Even if your not into this sort of stuff, it just may convert you.
  14. Nov 15, 2011
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will have you hacking away the hours of your day with a sleek, brilliantly designed blade crafted in the legendary forge that is the Bethesda studio. As with the previous instalments of the Elder Scrolls series, Skyrim exceeds all expectations and never ceases to amaze with itâ
  15. Nov 15, 2011
    Bethesda has yet again raised the bar for the role-playing genre, i've been waiting for this game since i drained every ounce of content from oblivion and i am happy to say that it lived up to my expectations. If your looking for an rpg that does dragons right, making them fierce and scary then this is the game for you. As a side note i have read many reviews of people saying: "i beat thisBethesda has yet again raised the bar for the role-playing genre, i've been waiting for this game since i drained every ounce of content from oblivion and i am happy to say that it lived up to my expectations. If your looking for an rpg that does dragons right, making them fierce and scary then this is the game for you. As a side note i have read many reviews of people saying: "i beat this game in a day so disappointing." well to them i say: You were obviously playing on some other difficulty than master because i've logged about 50 hours in on the "master" difficulty and it's incredibly challenging even with a companion by my side i worry about keeping enough potion and having the best spells and equipment i can, and the sound of a dragon at night or in a snow storm is **** terrifying! so my advice especially if you love a challenge play on the "master" difficulty setting and you will not be disappointing. Happy gaming! Expand
  16. Nov 15, 2011
    Outstanding, brings back a lot of the Morrowind feel and fixes everything from Oblivion. A game that can be played over and over and you'll always find new things. Graphics and music are incredible. Dragon fights are fun and terrifying, new skills work well, combat is actually fun and doesn't feel like you're waving chopsticks around, world is MASSIVE and their is so much to find, lots ofOutstanding, brings back a lot of the Morrowind feel and fixes everything from Oblivion. A game that can be played over and over and you'll always find new things. Graphics and music are incredible. Dragon fights are fun and terrifying, new skills work well, combat is actually fun and doesn't feel like you're waving chopsticks around, world is MASSIVE and their is so much to find, lots of surprises (For new and old Elder Scrolls fans) to be found. Just travelling from town to town is an epic journey. The people rating this game low because SOME texture issues and some twitchy animations? Pathetic. There is no denying this game is a masterpiece. Game of the year doesn't cut it, how about best game ever created? Expand
  17. Nov 15, 2011
    Amazing game. Not too much to say. Map is huge. Hours upon end of exploration. Combat system works perfect. Storyline is fun and gets the player involved with decision choices, plenty of side quests to do and skills to improve. This game is one to buy, impossible to get bored. 10/10
  18. Nov 15, 2011
    This game is the most amazing game I have ever played. Ever. There is such an overwhelming amount of content in this one disc, an amount that has yet to be duplicated on a game with four discs! The landscape is insanely diverse and beautiful. Girlfriend, say goodbye ;)
  19. Nov 15, 2011
    A true masterpiece. The absolute pinnacle of gaming, allowing unparalleled freedom, amazing storytelling, and fantastic game play. All games should strive to be this immersive.
  20. Nov 15, 2011
    I've been a gamer for over 20 years and this is easily the best RPG I've ever played (and I've played lots). The amount of work Bethesda has put in to create the world of Skyrim is mind boggling. When you find yourself spending the best part of an hour reading books IN THE GAME you know its something special.

I could write 10,000 words on why this game is the best of year, and arguably

I could write 10,000 words on why this game is the best of year, and arguably of this generation, but my time is better spent adventuring in Skyrim.
  21. Nov 15, 2011
    In one word: superb:)
    Yes, the game has it's bugs, glitches and somewhat low resolution textures (xbox360)... after my game started I was bitterly disappointed with graphics, until the gaming actually started:) and suddenly they didn't matter anymore:)
    In one word: superb:)
    If sandbox, rpg, free-rein games are your cup of tea, if you dream about killing dragons, swinging massive 2handers or burning your enemies with flames, lightning or ice this IS game you were waiting for...
    Amazing
  22. Nov 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This truly is a great game,but you have to look past some flaws. the game suffers from long load times, very long in some cases. Animations are great, when they work, they often get spoiled by some bad AI( which thankfully does not translate to bad enemy AI, but it also needs some fine tuning). Auto saving becomes an issue when it doesn't save enough and if you die you are sent back to the beginning of a 5-10 minute trip. Textures aren't high quality when close up by any means. render distances get annoying when in an open area and being able to see grass "grow" ahead of you. Also some small issues, like mammoths flying in the air, and 3rd person issues (like usual). But don't let those deter you from this amazing game with very fun gameplay. The combat is very nice and actually provides excitement when fighting a dragon or boss and gives you a sense of accomplishment when you have won. The death animations the play are very nice and gruesome, though they often "break". The game, while frustrating, manages to be very rewarding. Somehow even after dying 2 times on an already 10 minute trip, once you reach your destination, the game still manages to feel rewarding. The plot, while at time generic, can add a fun "backbone" to the game. The music is beautifully compose and works well with the mood of the story. The RPG element takes a que from some complaints of Oblivion and offers a very dynamic experience. Every weapon/armor/ability/etc. you use will level up independently, once enough of those levels are reached then you level up giving you the choice to increase your magica/health/stamina. Also with every level up you unlock more points to spend on your "skill trees/constellation" these are specific to individual abilities and give you various advantages. This is a very simple mechanic and makes it so you don't have to spend hours buried in menus. Overall this game gets a 9 because its cons add up to a sometimes frustrating, but very fun experience. Expand
  23. Nov 15, 2011
    Whoever has brought this game knows you will be sucked into the world and have an astounding time, the depth in detail to this game blows me away, dont get turned away because its a role playing game i dont usually like these types of games but you get so immersed into the game. Not only GOTY but to me best game i have ever played and i have played the classics on PS1, PS2 and Nintendo 64Whoever has brought this game knows you will be sucked into the world and have an astounding time, the depth in detail to this game blows me away, dont get turned away because its a role playing game i dont usually like these types of games but you get so immersed into the game. Not only GOTY but to me best game i have ever played and i have played the classics on PS1, PS2 and Nintendo 64 THATS HOW GOOD THIS GAME IS!! Expand
  24. Nov 15, 2011
    Skyrim lives up to my expectations, and competes with Morrowind, my favorite elder scroll game. The story is set in an extremely immersed world that really feels like it is alive and the story itself is beautiful. There are a few glitches in the game, but it is not a problem that diminishes one's experience in Skyrim. The combat system works great, but there can be annoyances when gettingSkyrim lives up to my expectations, and competes with Morrowind, my favorite elder scroll game. The story is set in an extremely immersed world that really feels like it is alive and the story itself is beautiful. There are a few glitches in the game, but it is not a problem that diminishes one's experience in Skyrim. The combat system works great, but there can be annoyances when getting to the items, magic, map, and skill menu only because sometimes the game does not register where you want to go. All you have to do is exit and re-enter, which is not a problem during combat because the game pauses itself. The textures when observed up close do not have the utterly beautiful quality some were hoping for, but I am not distraught because that would increase load times and the world is beautiful. The NPCs in Skyrim actually feel like they are people rather than simple programs waiting to be spoken to. The endless amounts of side quests and hidden goodies in the game are endless offering a truly unlimited amount of replay-ability. The perk tree is reminiscent of Fallout 3, which is great, because it gives you the desire to create different characters and specialize in different areas at each play through of the game. I recommend this to any fan of the Elder Scrolls series, rpg fan, or someone who just loves a great story in a game. The waring I give to you is that once you start you will constantly be picking up the controller attempting to find new powers and go on quests to defeat the dragons that have reappeared in Skyrim. Expand
  25. Nov 15, 2011
    In a nutshell The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is an AMAZING game, the world is huge and full of things to keep you occupied, the combat is grate and with loads of weapons to find and spells to master, there is a lot to do in this game. The game starts as you as a prisoner who is about to face a execution for been suspected as a rebel, well to cut a long story short a Dragon comes and tearsIn a nutshell The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is an AMAZING game, the world is huge and full of things to keep you occupied, the combat is grate and with loads of weapons to find and spells to master, there is a lot to do in this game. The game starts as you as a prisoner who is about to face a execution for been suspected as a rebel, well to cut a long story short a Dragon comes and tears the town apart you find out that you Dragonborn. I don't what to spoil the story for you so i'll stop there. There are side-quest and other objectives to do and you can join the many diffident gilds to join, so if the main-quest is getting boring for you there still hundreds of hours of gameplay here. Skyrim also has a Minecraft style way of making new armor and weapons, you get a pick-axe find some ore or a animal, dig it up or kill it , melt it down and craft the armor you want out if it. Since this is a RPG there is a leveling up system, in this game you gain skill from preforming tasks e.g. Fighting with diffident weapons, Making potions, Using magic, Picking locks .etc. Each task is connected to a skill e.g. One-Handed, Destruction, Pick locking .etc. After you do so many tasks you Level Up, this is where you can Pick a Perk. These Perks can help you with you combat, magic or to make people like you. There are lots of places to explore in Skyrim, you can find anything from a steam-punk style Dungeon or a traditional cave, On your explorations you will run in to the most coolest ting about this game DRAGONS, i mean think about it, just waling around and suddenly a dragon come screaming over you and lands and lets out a all mighty roar, once you hear that you know your in for a fight. Once you killed the dragon you can absorb its soil that can be used to unlock shouts. Shouts are special spells that don't drain you magic bar but still take time to recharge, shouts consists of 3 words, words can be given in a quest or found for just wondering the world, that start of weak but once you can master it with all 3 words you are unstoppable. there are some minor bad points about the game, there are some rather weird bugs and sometimes the combat can feel a bit flimsy, but with the bad points aside this is still the best game i have played in 2011. if you haven already gone out and got the game then you should its worth the money and i know it came out on the same week as that big shooter game but that's no reason to give this one a miss. and if you not into this kind of game or not a fan of the other games in the series then give it a go if you don't like it trade in and go back to games you like playing. To me its AWESOME lots to do and dragons to kill. Prefect Score. Expand
  26. Nov 15, 2011
    Great Game, despite what people say who must not realize that Elder Scrolls came before fallout. Great Campaign, nice art work, interesting new design for almost all of the items, also the new alchemy, and other abilities like smiting are a nice touch. I already put quite a good amount of hours into the game and I can see myself putting another hundred or so hours at least per character inGreat Game, despite what people say who must not realize that Elder Scrolls came before fallout. Great Campaign, nice art work, interesting new design for almost all of the items, also the new alchemy, and other abilities like smiting are a nice touch. I already put quite a good amount of hours into the game and I can see myself putting another hundred or so hours at least per character in this game. Expand
  27. Nov 15, 2011
    This game is incredible and deserves nothing less than a 10. People who rate lower have obviously never played a Bethesda game and don't realize the enormous scale of Skyrim. It is beautiful and well done. No doubt there are bugs but they are few and don't effect the experience what so ever. Buy this game so Bethesda will continue to make great RPG's.
  28. Nov 15, 2011
    I'm usually not one to give out 10s since the "perfect" video game can never exist, but Skyrim's excellence is far to great for me to score it anything lower. I've never played any of the other Elder Scrolls games since I'm not a huge RPG fan, but I saw the hype on the internet and among friends about Skyrim and decided I'd pick it up. Since doing that I've barely been able to put itI'm usually not one to give out 10s since the "perfect" video game can never exist, but Skyrim's excellence is far to great for me to score it anything lower. I've never played any of the other Elder Scrolls games since I'm not a huge RPG fan, but I saw the hype on the internet and among friends about Skyrim and decided I'd pick it up. Since doing that I've barely been able to put it down. In fact, the only reason I'm not playing it all the time is because I have a ton of school work to get done; otherwise, I'd be all over it. Skyrim has GOTY written all over it. Please, do NOT be discouraged if you aren't usually a fan of RPGs. I'm not either for the most part (the only exception before Skyrim was Mass Effect 1/2). However, Skyrim changed all that for me. I highly recommend it to anyone who loves games. This is a must-buy. Expand
  29. Nov 15, 2011
    One of the best RPGs of all time, and I don't think I can say what hasn't already been said. The dragon battles are exhilarating, the atmosphere is amazing, the characters are memorable...just a great overall experience.
  30. Nov 15, 2011
    Sometimes starry eyed optimism is necessary to become immersed in an RPG, but not with Skyrim. With this game you are rewarded with a rich story for the spontaneous decisions you make and winding paths you tread towards your destination. "Oblivion expansion pack" accusations are tiring, as much has been improved here beyond a graphical overhaul.

NPC interaction is much less of a chore.

NPC interaction is much less of a chore. While I got a sense of satisfaction playing the speechcraft mini game in Oblivion to obtain better prices or information, its necessity caused it to be a time sink - I don't miss it.

Interface is pleasingly minimal compared to Oblivion. Main quests are separated from a "Miscellaneous" category which allows my sanity to stay in tact as I accumulate a pile of them in the first town of Whiterun. Beyond that, every button (aside from the joysticks) can be remapped as you please. Such a simple freedom, but sometimes makes all the difference. The "Favorite" button follows the form of the interface being an easy way to quickly swap frequently used items.

One gripe I do have is that poisons still seem too awkward to use regularly. I'd really like to see a "poison queue" option so I could select concoctions to be automatically applied to whatever equipped weapon I was using at the time until the entire queue ran dry. And perhaps even a little indicator to show when a new one had been auto-applied. Another problem I have is the inability to go beyond the "follow" and "wait" commands for companions. I would really like Passive/Aggressive/Defensive stances so that I don't have to do as much micromanagement.

Now Skyrim is very much like Oblivion in many ways, but I think it's unfair to use this as leverage against it. I enjoyed Oblivion thoroughly even though I hardly made it halfway through the main quest line. For the same reason, I have thoroughly enjoyed Skyrim so far as the immersion has been deeper for me. Ultimately, an RPG does require some effort on the player's part to become part of the story - to be invested in their character. This isn't a shooting gallery type of game where you're a track expecting to be entertained by cinematic pomp and circumstance that would make Michael Bay blush. It's a role-playing game that does a fantastic job of urging you to be invested in your own story through its setting in a vibrant world and organic leveling system allowing you to choose your path as you progress rather than as a weighted decision at character creation. In short, suspend cynicism and enjoy this game with the patience you would give to a good book - it deserves it.
  31. Nov 15, 2011
    Best RPG ever. Beautiful visuals, interesting quests, great music. If you like RPG's this is a must have. Now - what to do with the family for the next three months?
  32. Nov 15, 2011
    This is easily the most fun I have had playing a game in a very long time. I have yet to encounter a dragon because I left the main quest rather early. Nevertheless, the scenery is beautiful, the encounters engaging and the slow motion for a critical kill is just amazing.
  33. Nov 15, 2011
    Amazing game. Follow the main quest, or don't. Be a law abiding citizen, or don't. So much to do, the choices are nearly endless. It's not often I don't have a bit of buyers remorse paying full retail release day prices, but that's never the case with a Elder Scrolls game. Skyrim continues that trend.
  34. Nov 15, 2011
    This game is the very definition of Masterpiece. It almost is more of a second world than a game. There have been very few glitches in my play time, which was a huge concern.

Stop reading and go play this game.
  35. Nov 15, 2011
    Greatest/Best Game of all time

End of Discussion End of Discussion End of Discussion End of Discussion End of Discussion End of Discussion End of Discussion End of Discussion End of Discussion
  36. Nov 15, 2011
    This is literally the best game I have ever had the pleasure to play. I've made several different characters and spent well over 50 hours in the game yet I still haven't explored even 20% of what this game has to offer. It's truly a labor of love that shouldn't be missed. If there's only one game you can pick up this season it has to be TES 5 Skyrim, GOTY for sure!
  37. Nov 15, 2011
    One of my favorite games of all time. The graphics and art are amazing and the amount of stuff you can do is incredible. I would recommend this RPG to anyone who wants to play one of the best games in the RPG category to date.
  38. Nov 15, 2011
    Some people really have missed the point of this game. Yes, it's buggy, but I'd love to see anyone create a game this large, this in-depth and have the time to sort out every bug in the game in time for a release date. Then there's the people complaining about the interface: It took some getting used to, but I've managed to navigate the UI fine now. Then there was that one guy who said itSome people really have missed the point of this game. Yes, it's buggy, but I'd love to see anyone create a game this large, this in-depth and have the time to sort out every bug in the game in time for a release date. Then there's the people complaining about the interface: It took some getting used to, but I've managed to navigate the UI fine now. Then there was that one guy who said it took itself to seriously: right, I did a quest yesterday involving me getting drunk and ensuing carnage on Skyrim. It was basically like The Hangover: I sold a farmer's goat to a giant, swore at some monks and angered a witch by saying I'd marry her and then called it off.
    Oh, and the people who say "it's too much like Fallout." YES! FALLOUT WAS BASED ON OBLIVION, THE PREVIOUS GAME IN THE ELDER SCROLLS SERIES! seriously, get your facts right before you mouth off about how supposedly overhyped and bad this game is when it's clearly not. This is probably Bethesda's crown jewel. The game is awesome in almost every way: the gameplay, the story, the RPG elements, the sheer scale of the map in which you get to explore as you see fit right down to mundane things like buying a house and organizing books. Again, I'll repeat, I challenge ANYONE to fix bugs in a game this massive. And for those convincing themselves that the critics have been bribed by Bethesda, go choke on your on phallus. The game is outstanding in every sense of the word, get a grip or get lost.
  39. Nov 15, 2011
    Skyrim manages to be beautiful, sublime and engrossing all at the same time and i personally would like to congratulate the developers for bringing us this fantastic game.

Game of the year
  40. Nov 15, 2011
    First off, ignore all the haters. All they care about is graphics, and probebly only play COD. This is not some game where you run around shooting people, this is a thinking mans game. Its smart, and has a wealth of content. Litterally 100's of hours woth, and I for one will be playing it at least that long. Yes, the graphics arnt perfect, but thats not the point. They are actually a hugeFirst off, ignore all the haters. All they care about is graphics, and probebly only play COD. This is not some game where you run around shooting people, this is a thinking mans game. Its smart, and has a wealth of content. Litterally 100's of hours woth, and I for one will be playing it at least that long. Yes, the graphics arnt perfect, but thats not the point. They are actually a huge step up from the previous Bethesda games. This is a amazing game, and is a perfect 10/10. Expand
  41. Nov 15, 2011
    One of the greatest games of all time. Takes a crap on both Oblivion & Morrowind. It is what Oblivion wished it was. With all the improvements and added content that Oblivion left out. Skyrim is a complete game.
  42. Nov 15, 2011
    I honestly don't see how this game is getting so many 10/10 ratings. Yes its got amazing depth of exploration and I am enjoying playing it. But at the same time I spend most of my time frustrated with the interface and extremely poor mechanics. You have to weather far too much poor implementation than a modern AAA quality game should provide you.
    Great game for its RPG content, extremely
    Great game for its RPG content, extremely poor implementation, physics, combat mechanics, voice overs, sound, the list goes on. If you enjoy RPGs like I do it is probably worth the purchase, but its really hard to see how everyone is so blind to the problems.
  43. Nov 15, 2011
    The best game that I've ever played, when I'm not playing it, I'm thinking about it, when I'm not thinking about it, I'm reading about it. Get this game.
  44. Nov 15, 2011
    Only Nintendo fanboys would hate on this game... Really this game deserves a 9/10 because of glitches but with the inflated scoring system these days I'd say it easily deserves 10/10.
  45. Nov 15, 2011
    After some 30 hours in, I am still blown away by how great this game is. It truly is a masterpiece in gaming. One moment you could be scaling an huge mountain, the next plundering the tomb of a long dead king or even fighting to the death with an ancient dragon. The graphics are fantastic and yes there are a few bugs but they are so minor, unless you are intentionally hunting for errorsAfter some 30 hours in, I am still blown away by how great this game is. It truly is a masterpiece in gaming. One moment you could be scaling an huge mountain, the next plundering the tomb of a long dead king or even fighting to the death with an ancient dragon. The graphics are fantastic and yes there are a few bugs but they are so minor, unless you are intentionally hunting for errors because you are another game's fan-boy you very rarely notice them.

If you are still some how on the fence about buying this game I urge you to do it as soon as possible. Each moment you are spending not in Tamriel (the games setting) is a moment wasted.
  46. Nov 15, 2011
    I am 43 years old and have been playing games since Pong. The first RPG I ever played was The Bard's Tale for the Commodore 64. This game had me playing for hours on end, and at times realizing that the sun was coming up since I played all night. This game was a joy to play, and I have been looking for that same feeling in a game ever since.
    Skyrim has fulfilled that feeling.
    I get
    Skyrim has fulfilled that feeling.
    I get chills when I am trying to sneak past a ghosts in a dungeon. Discovering a new area feels exciting. Opening a chest usually yields something useful or valuable.
    I feel like I am working toward making Skyrim a better place, even when I am not on the main storyline. Anything can happen at any time and usually does.
    I have heard that there are some glitches, and I have had some short pauses from time to time, but this is due to my equipment, not the game.
    Don't tell Bethesda, but they could make more by making half of this game DLC and they could still get 60 bucks for this game. Luckily RPG fans demand more that the average 12yr old playing MW3 where they can get away with cloning a previous release.
    Keep it up Bethesda! Great job.
  47. Nov 15, 2011
    I'm 24 hours into the game and so far it absolutely blown me away. I can easily see me beating the 120 odd hours i put into Oblivion. I've come across a few graphically glitches and been stuck in the middle of a mountain once but in a world this sized its excusable.
  48. Nov 15, 2011
    I am giving this game a 10 for various reasons. 1 reason is we have haters on here that give this game a 0! I am sorry, no game deserves a ZERO!! The crappiest games should get a 1 or a 2. A zero would mean that it didnt have ANYTHING GOOD ABOUT IT which is not true. 1. The music IS COMPLETELY EPIC. If any of you liked lord of the rings music then you would LOVE the music beingI am giving this game a 10 for various reasons. 1 reason is we have haters on here that give this game a 0! I am sorry, no game deserves a ZERO!! The crappiest games should get a 1 or a 2. A zero would mean that it didnt have ANYTHING GOOD ABOUT IT which is not true. 1. The music IS COMPLETELY EPIC. If any of you liked lord of the rings music then you would LOVE the music being played. Out of the last 2 games, the music is GREAT. The music is what you would expect from a Grade A fantasy movie. The graphics are BEAUTIFUL. Even on the xbox 360 it still stands out. Now, some complain about graphic textures from far away. Let me tell you that the xbox is a 6 year old console. The developers can only improve so much before system limitations get in the way. What gaming rig can actually produce awesome draw distances and cystal clear textures from a far way distance. FEW! That is why it is pointless for the developers to put all this effort in to deter texture distances. Just wait until the next series comes out to where its on a next gen console and latest hardware....you wont have anything to complain about then...but on current hardware, its maxes any machine out. Wait until the next gen ...you will see superior and close to perfection draw distances/distant textures but for right now your machines wont handle it. The world IS HUGE!! There are so many places to explore, side quests and main quests to complete. Some people complain about how big the world is. God, that is the point of a game like this...to be able to get LOST in it and discover something new. Afterall, its an ACTION RPG ADVENTURE!! part of the adventure is exploring and discovering....morons. OF course, you can get a map or game guide and it will help ease any confusion. To me, I suggest not using the game guide or map that much. Just explore and enjoy yourself...the reward is finding and completing quests without any help. The NPCs and enemies look awesome...they are as detailed as you can get on a console or pc of this generation. Character creations is pretty detailed and I have not seen any other open world game to beat it. I made my character look like me or at least resemble me. The UI is good and some say its like fallout. Fine, but how many other fan boy games did you buy that kept the same UI? Stupid thing to complain about! You can zoom into your items and assign spells, weapons, potions and etc to your favorites. Working a job like chopping wood and etc is cool. Fable did the same thing and got praise for it. Cooking food, potion crafting, and smithing is pretty neat as well. Although, previous ES series have done this, they added a little more umph to it. A new feature is mining which is what RISEN did. Essentially, they took fables jobs, house, marriage and Risens style of crafting and put it together. VERY GOOD MIX. Combat has improved, one thing to note about Two worlds 2 is the combat animations. Skyrim has mimic this effect from fallout TW2. With ES, it doesnt happen every single time like it does with fallout and TW2. This leaves the effects enjoyable as you don't SEE THEM ALL THE TIME. Dragon fights are riveting. Combat is VERY enjoyable! its a hack and slash with spells. If you like turn based RPGs...then stay away from Skyrim. The various guilds you can join is still impressive as it was in the previous games. Being a thief, assassin, mage, a fighter, and etc puts all the favorite game styles together so ANYONE can enjoy at LEAST one aspect of the game. I could write a WHOLE book on this game but I wont. music-9.7
    graphics-9.5
    gameplay-10
    UI-9.1
    combat-9.0
    content-10
    game is truely worthy of a 95%. I am giving it 10 because of the losers giving it a complete 0
  49. Nov 15, 2011
    Finally a game lives up to its own hype. Take a bow Bethesda for creating one of the most enjoyable & most immersive games i have ever played! This game also represents serious value for money for the amount of playtime you can get out of it. GOTY without a doubt. Those 'other' games i bought recently aren't getting a look in!
  50. Nov 15, 2011
    This game is vast and well worth every penny. The game detail is so perfect. They have set the bar on RPGs. You have a great blend of everything even some humor believe it or not. The game is so in-depth that I highly recommend the guide for it witch in its self is by fay the largest book of knowledge I have ever seen for a game, 656 pages of it . 100+ hr could be wasted just wondering theThis game is vast and well worth every penny. The game detail is so perfect. They have set the bar on RPGs. You have a great blend of everything even some humor believe it or not. The game is so in-depth that I highly recommend the guide for it witch in its self is by fay the largest book of knowledge I have ever seen for a game, 656 pages of it . 100+ hr could be wasted just wondering the land of Skyrim. This is truly a heavy contender for GOTY. Expand
  51. Nov 15, 2011
    Incredible. Though I can't believe the negative reviews. For those who gave the negative reviews I don't think you were playing this game the right way. Here are 4 things that will help your experience and irk your predisposed reviews.

1) 1080P : ON
    2) 5.1 Surround sound : ON
    3) Lights :OFF
    4) *Pants :OFF* *indicates a must
  52. Nov 15, 2011
    When I first saw the trailer for this game, I literally cried from joy while trying to poker face my way through work. Through the coming months, would literally have to be the most anticipation-filled months in my entire life. I had never been so excited for a game. Everything seemed so perfect. The midnight launch arrived nine months later and I have never looked back with such a hugeWhen I first saw the trailer for this game, I literally cried from joy while trying to poker face my way through work. Through the coming months, would literally have to be the most anticipation-filled months in my entire life. I had never been so excited for a game. Everything seemed so perfect. The midnight launch arrived nine months later and I have never looked back with such a huge grin on my face. This game meets all the hype, and so much more. I have yet to go a day without putting at least two hours in to this beautiful masterpiece of a game. Bethesda has done it once again and will be a forerunner in modern day RPGs for many years to come. The gameplay is solid and genuinely satisfying. I caught myself at times, literally exclaiming "whoa!" and "wow!" at the sheer beauty of it. There is no feeling more awe-inducing than when you hear a dragon roar in the distance, then whoosh overhead from behind a distant mountain and realize you're about to fight it. The quests are plenty, and ever-so lengthy and unique. The side quests also have lots of hours to commit to them, as they are designed just as seriously as the main ones are. This game has stunning visuals, scale, and sound. Absolute game of the year in my book! Expand
  53. Nov 15, 2011
    without a doubt the best game i have ever played. i've sinked 30 hours into this game in 3 days. i can't get enough of it. the world, the stories the gameplay, everything pulls you in. i don't have any complaints. (the conversations lap over each other sometimes, if not rarely, but this will no doubt be fixed with a patch. and as i said, it happens very rarely.) buy this game. if you'rewithout a doubt the best game i have ever played. i've sinked 30 hours into this game in 3 days. i can't get enough of it. the world, the stories the gameplay, everything pulls you in. i don't have any complaints. (the conversations lap over each other sometimes, if not rarely, but this will no doubt be fixed with a patch. and as i said, it happens very rarely.) buy this game. if you're serious about gaming, get it. if you're not serious about gaming, buy it and walk around picking flowers, making potions and just do whatever you want. this game is for everyone. Expand
  54. Nov 15, 2011
    I will never see the sun again nuff said

Also this game is amazing..... i don't want to unleash my wave of how awesome this game is..... i end there... OOOOMMMGGG no don't do it. hahaha im not going to do it. im gonna hold in my excitement. everytime i think about this game. it makes me happy
  55. Nov 15, 2011
    Simply a masterpiece. This game crosses the line of playing a game, into something you feel you are truly experiencing. Best $60 I have ever spent on a video game. The game is just beautiful.
  56. Nov 15, 2011
    Simply AWESOME! This game brings all the features we love from the older games and then brings in so many new features that just set it apart from any other adventure RPG game out there. Combine a massive world of creative genius with an endless span of possibilities, beautiful graphics, an epic tale and fire/ice-breathing Dragons and you have Perfection = The Game of the Year = Skyrim.
  57. Nov 15, 2011
    I hated Morrowind and never got around to playing Oblivion so this game has been a revelation.

It is simply magnificent. It would be easier to to list my few minor gripes: clunky and immersion-breaking console interface ported to the PC, Dragons seem a bit weak and there's a few CTD/minimizer bugs on the PC. 99% of the time I am just marvelling at the brilliance of this game and

99% of the time I am just marvelling at the brilliance of this game and struggling to stop myself playing through the night.
  58. Nov 15, 2011
    A absolute work of genius so far found nothing wrong with the game is you remotely like any RPG game you will love this. i would highly recommend this game
  59. Nov 15, 2011
    I'm going to write the things that come to my mind... This game is simply amazing! The most ambitious game of bethesda and the most captivating one too. When I started playing I didn't knew what to expect but after many hours of gameplay I just wanted to keep playing and keep exploring the beautiful lands of Skyrim. The character creation is simplified for good and for bad too. You chooseI'm going to write the things that come to my mind... This game is simply amazing! The most ambitious game of bethesda and the most captivating one too. When I started playing I didn't knew what to expect but after many hours of gameplay I just wanted to keep playing and keep exploring the beautiful lands of Skyrim. The character creation is simplified for good and for bad too. You choose sex and race and that's all. Start playing. After some minutes you start building your "role" by using some skills (magic, one handed, heavy armor, etc.) The good thing about this is that if you want to change from a sneaky char to a aggressive mage you are going to spend some time building the new role, just keep using the skills and in some time you can be a sneaky aggressive mage. How beauty is that?. The shouts (dragon type powers) are amazing and very fun to use. The companion system is good but some times my companions sucks. The music and the sounds are superb, the dialogue is amazing. The world feels alive (I love to watch how the salmon swims against the waterfalls), the dungeons are very well crafted. The story is very deep and the main quests, the side quests, the miscellaneous quests and the subquests are well crafted and very inmersive. This is for sure a GOTY contender. Try this game, you deserve it. Expand
  60. Nov 15, 2011
    Any sandbox game that triggers a feelings of exploration, travel and creativity truly deserves a high score. This game is a must buy for all Elderscrolls fans and a should-buy for all RPG lovers.
  61. Nov 14, 2011
    The world of Skyrim is amazing, probably the most beautiful game I've seen so far. I don't know how many polygons my character has but it's a hell of a lot, because I can't yet make out any of them. The graphics and design are top notch. The atmosphere is awesome, mammoths and mountains and old villages and such, it all just feels real. The gameplay is great, it's pretty much impossible toThe world of Skyrim is amazing, probably the most beautiful game I've seen so far. I don't know how many polygons my character has but it's a hell of a lot, because I can't yet make out any of them. The graphics and design are top notch. The atmosphere is awesome, mammoths and mountains and old villages and such, it all just feels real. The gameplay is great, it's pretty much impossible to get bored, you can stray from the main quest and go do something interesting at any time. A large part of your time is spent managing items and this is actually fun. You can kill anyone, or go anywhere even if it ruins a quest. It's up to you to be careful and I like that freedom, there aren't many games that feel this open. A couple of small things I don't like are that you can't jump onto an object when you are right up against it, this unnecessarily slows me down when I'm climbing around. Also, the fighting is clunky.. it's well balanced in terms of your levelling and the capabilities of who you fight, but when you're up close using melee it's not very realistic. Finally (and this is what loses it points for me...the other two issues are only minor gripes), in order to make you feel like you are the character, your character is pretty much non-descript. You can indeed get to choose different paths for them, making them a thief, a warrior, a good guy or a bad guy, but it's not what I want. I guess the theory is the less you are told about them the more you can imagine your own personality inside them. Many games have taken this approach and it never really works for me. In addition the NPCs are not really that likeable, because what they do and say is always geared towards what you are going to get out of them, rather than how the story will develop around them and how your character feels about them. So you approach people trying to pick an answer that will get you something, rather than how you as a person would actually respond. An excellent game like this deserves excellent character development and it just isn't there. If something like Final Fantasy 7 gets a 10 from me, this has to get a 8. A huge portion of what I love in an rpg is missing; as much fun as this is, I'm not emotionally involved. Everything else about it is near to perfection. Expand
  62. Nov 14, 2011
    It doesnt get much better than this. This is a Bethesda style RPG at its finest. The story is very interesting. the characters are likable, and the sound is amazing. I've had the game for 3 days and already have 26 hours logged and im not even close to finishing the main quest. Worth $60. All the way
    This is the only game coming out this month that deserves a 10
  63. Nov 14, 2011
    This game is breathtaking. As a long time fan of the Elder Scrolls series, I was not disappointed by Skyrim. Everything in this game is SUPERB; graphics, sound, gameplay, and story. The most impressive part of the game is the amount of detail that the developers have managed to put into this game. I have played this game nonstop since the release, and i'm loving every minute of it. ThisThis game is breathtaking. As a long time fan of the Elder Scrolls series, I was not disappointed by Skyrim. Everything in this game is SUPERB; graphics, sound, gameplay, and story. The most impressive part of the game is the amount of detail that the developers have managed to put into this game. I have played this game nonstop since the release, and i'm loving every minute of it. This game is GOTY material. Expand
  64. Nov 14, 2011
    With Skyrim, Bethesda has created the greatest video game of all time. There is no other video game currently on the market that even comes close to comparing to Skyrim. The best quote out of all of the reviews for Skyrim is from The Onion AV Club - "Where many games with lavish production values seek to direct player's imaginations, Skyrim seeks to ignite them." This is the perfect way toWith Skyrim, Bethesda has created the greatest video game of all time. There is no other video game currently on the market that even comes close to comparing to Skyrim. The best quote out of all of the reviews for Skyrim is from The Onion AV Club - "Where many games with lavish production values seek to direct player's imaginations, Skyrim seeks to ignite them." This is the perfect way to sum up Skyrim. While games like Uncharted 3 and Gears of War 3 just offer shallow, scripted events that are forgotten days after, Skyrim gives you a massive playground that eclipses any other in the digital realm, and gives you the tools to make your own fun, regardless of what kind of games you like to play. Without a doubt in my mind, the greatest video game ever created. Expand
  65. Nov 14, 2011
    Liked oblivion? This improves. Ten-fold. Leveling is now a fluid masterpiece, being able to form your character from your play style is new and unrestricted. No more guessing at the beginning of the game of what you will like, it is all what you use through out.
  66. Nov 14, 2011
    Juego muy completo pero aburrido, extremadamente lento al avanzar y lleno de bugs. La forma de atacar es muy repetitiva y realmente cansina. Las misiones secundarias y el diseño del "mundo", un acierto, eso si.
  67. Nov 14, 2011
    The game has some amazing visuals, story lines, quests, and countless ways to play "your way". If you have any interest in any kind of an RPG, this is a game you must play. However, there are some glitches that I can see being fixed in forthcoming patches, as well as some minor image tearing.
  68. Nov 14, 2011
    Después de todo lo que se ha dicho sobre este juego no puedo añadir nada nuevo, solo cabe mencionar que es el mejor juego de esta generación de largo. Su mundo esta vivo y te hace vivir lo a cada paso, su ambientación y visualización no las he visto en ningún juego aun. Ha merecido la pena su larga espera. UnDespués de todo lo que se ha dicho sobre este juego no puedo añadir nada nuevo, solo cabe mencionar que es el mejor juego de esta generación de largo. Su mundo esta vivo y te hace vivir lo a cada paso, su ambientación y visualización no las he visto en ningún juego aun. Ha merecido la pena su larga espera. Un diez que se lleva esta obra maestra. Expand
  69. Nov 14, 2011
    An amazing game, I played and loved it, true masterpiece, my only concern is how time consuming it is, from walking up 7000 steps, etc. Sometimes you just feel socially incapacitated :P
    but a awesome game!.
  70. Nov 14, 2011
    The best game I've ever played, it's amazing, the story is one of the best TES, the gameplay improved from oblivion and the graphics are extremely great for a open world RPG game.
    I was waiting for this game since 2006 (TES IV) and now that it's really here, I can say that my expectations were exceeded . GOTY 2011 for sure
  71. Nov 14, 2011
    Skyrim is a huge improvement over Oblivion in nearly every way. First the setting. The land of Skyrim is huge, beautiful, and varied, unlike the ultimately 'pretty but boring' Cyrodiil of the previous Elder Scrolls game. Gone are the copy and pasted caves, forts, and ruins. Every single dungeon is hand crafted and it shows. Just like the exterior lands the dungeons are gorgeous to look atSkyrim is a huge improvement over Oblivion in nearly every way. First the setting. The land of Skyrim is huge, beautiful, and varied, unlike the ultimately 'pretty but boring' Cyrodiil of the previous Elder Scrolls game. Gone are the copy and pasted caves, forts, and ruins. Every single dungeon is hand crafted and it shows. Just like the exterior lands the dungeons are gorgeous to look at and compelling to explore. The level of detail given to character and item models is a HUGE step forward. The animation has been given a complete overhaul and at long last characters move naturally and believably in a Bethesda game. The combat has been improved as well. The ability to bind spells and weapons to each hand creates a much needed depth and customization to combat. The spell casting is much faster, more powerful, and more spectacular to look at. The sound design and music are similarly amazing. I'm trying hard to find things to dislike about this game, and the only thing I can come up with is the interface. The interface isn't horrible, but it take some getting used to. I've played the game for about ten hours now, and I haven't seen a glitch or had my game crash, which is also a plus considering this is a Bethesda game. All in all, I'll be playing Skyrim for a very long time, and I think this is easily the game of the year. Expand
  72. Nov 14, 2011
    I have put 50+ hours into this so far and i still havnt done everything in the game, This this game is beautiful and deserves goty. If you have played this game and didn't enjoy it i feel sorry for you.
  73. Nov 14, 2011
    Epic game! go adventuring in the land of Skyrim and play with the freedom to be the character you want to be. Battle Dragons or other fantasy creatures. Explore the land and find new things in all the far reaches of the world
  74. Nov 14, 2011
    Ok, After Playing this game for about 5 hours I think I can give a honest review. The games looks awesome in some areas but there is lack of detail in others. To some this would not be a big deal but for me it was considering I thought they re wrote the whole engine. Anyways lets get to gameplay. The game is a little slow getting started but once you get in to skyrim you really get intoOk, After Playing this game for about 5 hours I think I can give a honest review. The games looks awesome in some areas but there is lack of detail in others. To some this would not be a big deal but for me it was considering I thought they re wrote the whole engine. Anyways lets get to gameplay. The game is a little slow getting started but once you get in to skyrim you really get into the game. The battle animations are really cool and the dungeons are very interesting to explore.Needless to say this game is worth $60 with endless hours of gameplay! But this game falls short of a 10 so I will give it a 8. Expand
  75. Nov 14, 2011
    A massive amount of content, a beautiful world, and an endless ride of combat, customization, and just a great game. There are a few minor flaws here, but they can be easily overlooked. Get this game, and get it immediately.
  76. Nov 14, 2011
    This game is probably the single greatestt RPG ever created. People that are saying Dark Souls is better are kidding themselves. That game cannot even keep its FPS above 10. I have been playing Skyrim nearly non-stop since it has come out and have not had a single graphical/fps issue, so the stability of the game is fine. The gameplay is ASTOUNDING. I cannot see myself getting bored withThis game is probably the single greatestt RPG ever created. People that are saying Dark Souls is better are kidding themselves. That game cannot even keep its FPS above 10. I have been playing Skyrim nearly non-stop since it has come out and have not had a single graphical/fps issue, so the stability of the game is fine. The gameplay is ASTOUNDING. I cannot see myself getting bored with this much content anytime soon. I haven't even touched the main quest yet!! If you're on the fence about this game, ignore the trolls and nay-Sayers, and do yourself a favor, buy this game!! Expand
  77. Nov 14, 2011
    Im sorry, but this game is one of the closest games ive ever even thought of considering as a 10/10 game..but as we all know, there is no such thing. Anyway, back to the game, if you're a guy who doesnt get what the hype is all about then i can give you some advice, GET THIS GAME, as soon as you can. It is worth every penny and more and i can guarantee you it is going to be the game of theIm sorry, but this game is one of the closest games ive ever even thought of considering as a 10/10 game..but as we all know, there is no such thing. Anyway, back to the game, if you're a guy who doesnt get what the hype is all about then i can give you some advice, GET THIS GAME, as soon as you can. It is worth every penny and more and i can guarantee you it is going to be the game of the year

Why am i so confident in this game, well, like its predecessor, the game developers worked hard day and night for many years. These guys dont just release titles for sake of t unlike otehr game companies, these guys make games with the aim of getting the highest possible success, you can look at all their games and see for yourself. With that said, It comes as no surprise as to why the world had to stand still in awe when the game hit and why everyone is such a fan.

You're probably thinking "what a biased review" and to that I say "GET THE GAME and you'll see what I'm talking about" If you've never played this game or are even considering getting it, this will be one of those amazing games that you'll never forget and be grateful you bought, you have my word for it.
  78. Nov 14, 2011
    This game is why 10's are awarded and absolutely what all gaming should strive for. I guarantee you will get your money's worth and then some. Just be prepared to put a hefty amount of time in; so much to do! I could sit here and tell you know how beautiful, satisfying and amazing this game is but I'll keep it as simple as possible: this game is the best release for 360 to date.
  79. Nov 14, 2011
    Wow! This is really what I was hoping for. Great game. Excellent story with interesting characters. A significant improvement over Oblivion. You can also see that it pays off to not fall into a yearly schedule like Dragon Age.
  80. Nov 14, 2011
    A simply amazing realization of living inside an unfolding book.--except that t here is no one linear story unless you choose to follow it. I have been exploring the world for two days and have barely scratched the surface. Kudos to all the people involved at Bethesda Softworks!
  81. Nov 14, 2011
    An amazing improvement to Oblivion. Not only did Bethesda use an improved graphics engine, but they have fixed most of the issues we´ve had with the past instalment. The story is great from start to finish, and will last you a decent ammount time. The side quests are enjoyable and actually worth doing this time around. Leveling up your char has also been improved with the newAn amazing improvement to Oblivion. Not only did Bethesda use an improved graphics engine, but they have fixed most of the issues we´ve had with the past instalment. The story is great from start to finish, and will last you a decent ammount time. The side quests are enjoyable and actually worth doing this time around. Leveling up your char has also been improved with the new perk sistem similar to fallout 3. Interaction with npc´s is now more fluid due to the fact that you have full control over the camera, unlike previous Bethesda games where the camera would aim directly at the npc and no movment was possible. New entries such as dual casting are a very welcome addition to the Elder Scrolls games. The music is beautiful, as in all Bethesda games. And the scenery and the world of Skyrim is simply magnificent. Over all, there are at least 100-200 hours of entertaining gameplay.

But, unfortunetly, this game has its flaws. Yes, some of the bugs have been corrected, but not all.
    Theres texture popping all the time, some frame rate issues, and the deaths are glitchy as hell. Also, the meele combat still feels a bit to "floaty" for my liking, seeing as there is no recoil after hitting an enemy and it felt as though I was swinging through air. Also, i found several problems with the camera from time to time, especially in closed inviroments. I also found several glitches in the open fields, while going up the mountains especialy. But, all in all, this is a fantastic game and its a ride worth taking. In my humble opinion, the best Bethesda game yet.
  82. Nov 14, 2011
    Epic game. Tons of quests and places to explore. I honestly give this game a 10 and almost positive it's going to be game of the year. This game is so addicting it's ruining my life. easily a 10 out of 10. GO BUY IT and play it NOW
  83. Nov 14, 2011
    This is a great game. The UI is a lil buggy for mouse control, but thats it. Also, I'm really laughing at some of these negative reviews by users. My favorite thus far is a reviewer talking about bugs: "when you get hit by giant you fly" -- no **** You think that's a bug that a huge giant hitting you and you go flying is a bug? Anyway, once the UI gets figured out for mouse support, thisThis is a great game. The UI is a lil buggy for mouse control, but thats it. Also, I'm really laughing at some of these negative reviews by users. My favorite thus far is a reviewer talking about bugs: "when you get hit by giant you fly" -- no **** You think that's a bug that a huge giant hitting you and you go flying is a bug? Anyway, once the UI gets figured out for mouse support, this game will go from a 9 to a 10 in my book. Expand
  84. Nov 14, 2011
    One of the greatest games I have ever played. Definatly worth noting that this game will Take up so much of your time because its just so addicting. The Elder Scrolls Have done it once again and released an amazing game. Bravo
  85. Nov 14, 2011
    Simply an amazing game. Skyrim is clearly not for everybody. If you don't have a lot of time for games, this is not a great choice. This game takes time and patience to get good. If you're a gamer who is expecting fast and easy mindless fun, go play Call of Duty, because this game will not please you either. But if you're looking for a truly immersive game, full of choices and a huge openSimply an amazing game. Skyrim is clearly not for everybody. If you don't have a lot of time for games, this is not a great choice. This game takes time and patience to get good. If you're a gamer who is expecting fast and easy mindless fun, go play Call of Duty, because this game will not please you either. But if you're looking for a truly immersive game, full of choices and a huge open world for exploration you'll love this game. Expand
  86. Nov 14, 2011
    Took me a while to fall in love with this game, but I have. Beautiful graphics, very compelling storyline, huge open world to explore, and its fun! Some minor clipping issues and some conversations have a few glitches, but overall a solid piece of game. Exactly what I was looking for in an epic RPG!
  87. IMN
    Nov 14, 2011
    Masterpiece! I just climb over the throat of the world and this is astonishing! Then I was killed by throll and that was astonishing too! I wish this piece of art will never ends! Love it! Best game ever!
  88. Nov 14, 2011
    Not that well designed. Graphics are a minor upgrade from Oblivion. Textures are bad, see glitches everywhere. People I've killed have hovered above me in mid-air, and continued to blink. Seems like minor stuff they missed, but it makes the world of difference. Wish they had QA'd it first, before they released it to the mass public, looking to make a quick dollar.
  89. Nov 14, 2011
    Simply the bes game yet from Bethesda, Eclipses Oblivion and out does Fallout 3, A true work of genius and the best game I have ever played.

Great story telling from what i consider to be the best company in gaming right now and this game certainly shows that. It is an absolute must for any serious gamers collection.
  90. Nov 14, 2011
    Astounding. Lifted to a work of art. A contender for the best video game ever made, this is stratospheric. I've never been so invested or enthalled. If in any doubt, just buy it
  91. Nov 14, 2011
    Is one of those games you will remember in your life. the graphics are beautiful. the world is big. if you never played a rpg in your life this is the game. best $60.00 i ever spent.
  92. Nov 14, 2011
    Epic, incredible how much depth there is this game. To be fair its not without the usual Bethesda glitches and random freezes every now and then. It doesn't really effect the gameplay that much because the game is breathtaking and highly addictive. I WA playing it for something like 14 hours yesterday and didn't even really notice that the time had past.
  93. Nov 14, 2011
    love this game apart from ,ive unlock 4 words for my shout, 2 are working fine but the onther 2 are not ,as ive kiled 7 more dragons and the shouts are not working
  94. Nov 14, 2011
    To say that this is a poorly crafted game is as ignorant a statement as one can make. Sure, there are some flaws, sure some aspects of it are slightly choppy. Juxtaposed to the size of the game, none of that matters. Everything is seamless. The hard work and effort put into designing a game this massive is awe inspiring. Get this game, it's going to change the way we perceive games for theTo say that this is a poorly crafted game is as ignorant a statement as one can make. Sure, there are some flaws, sure some aspects of it are slightly choppy. Juxtaposed to the size of the game, none of that matters. Everything is seamless. The hard work and effort put into designing a game this massive is awe inspiring. Get this game, it's going to change the way we perceive games for the future. It's a work of art. I will never be satisfied with anything lesser, and I don't see anything topping it anytime soon. Expand
  95. Nov 14, 2011
    Skyrim is a difficult game to review, largely because your level of enjoyment will depend on what time of gamer you are. The game provides you with an enormous feature set and plenty of toys to play with in an impressive sandbox of a world. But if you don't have the time, patience, or interest to seek those things out, the game is never going to spoon-feed you reasons to keep playing.Skyrim is a difficult game to review, largely because your level of enjoyment will depend on what time of gamer you are. The game provides you with an enormous feature set and plenty of toys to play with in an impressive sandbox of a world. But if you don't have the time, patience, or interest to seek those things out, the game is never going to spoon-feed you reasons to keep playing. Also, there's rarely any sense of actual accomplishment, as the combat and questing rely more on diligence than actual challenge, and enemy mobs are surprisingly sparse. If you just like exploring and building your character, though, there is quite a bit of optional content that will keep you distracted for 100+ hours, but all that content will feel like filler for less adventurous players. The weather system, day-night cycle, enhanced social interaction, and housing are among my favorite parts of the game, and they go far in adding a sense of immersion. Practically everything is improved over Oblivion, and many of the most annoying aspects of that predecessor have been changed or entirely removed. Technical issues still abound, such as arrows getting stuck in your character and never disappearing like they're supposed to, horses and other animals getting launched into the air randomly, and corpses twitching eratically, but none of these are prevalent enough to kill the overall experience. My biggest gripe is actually against the combat, which is inexcusably loose and lacks any real innovation over previous Elder Scrolls titles, and it's fortunate that the enemies aren't any tougher than they are since you'll probably have a hard time landing a hit in close quarters. Overall, I have really enjoyed my time with Skyrim in spite of its drawbacks, and I'm sure that most role-playing fans will feel the same way. Just make sure that you have some time to devote to it before making the purchase. Expand
  96. Nov 14, 2011
    I'm more than willing to wait 5 years in between TES titles if everyone is a masterpiece such as this one. The overwhelming feeling you get when you're thrown out into the open world is nostalgic. The new class and level systems are refreshing and free, allowing you to develop into the character you want without the race or class restrictions. Every aspect of the game world, from townfolkI'm more than willing to wait 5 years in between TES titles if everyone is a masterpiece such as this one. The overwhelming feeling you get when you're thrown out into the open world is nostalgic. The new class and level systems are refreshing and free, allowing you to develop into the character you want without the race or class restrictions. Every aspect of the game world, from townfolk to butterflies to the smelly dog in the town street is interactive. Having played over 30 hours, I've already gotten my $60 worth. Many gamers play a game that is 20 hours long and feel they got their money's worth. This takes it to a whole new level. I will easily put 150+ hours into this campaign alone and then come back for more. The miscellaneous objectives are intriguing and beg for you to follow them through out of sheer lust for exploration. Just walking around in this world is an experience that will wow even non-gamers like my wife. "ITS SO PRETTY!" Expand
  97. Nov 14, 2011
    Simply put, this is the greatest game i have ever played and i will be sinking hundreds of hours into it. love the exploring element and being able to wander off into the wilderness and have my own unique experience
  98. Nov 14, 2011
    Skyrim is all my wildest dreams come true. I didn't play too much of Oblivion (or any other Elder Scrolls games) to know exactly how it worked as far as game play is concerned, but the fact I can shoot fire out of my left hand and use an iron mace in my right hand, fighting bandits, creatures, and even dragons, is something that gets me excited. As only having the 360 to play it on, I amSkyrim is all my wildest dreams come true. I didn't play too much of Oblivion (or any other Elder Scrolls games) to know exactly how it worked as far as game play is concerned, but the fact I can shoot fire out of my left hand and use an iron mace in my right hand, fighting bandits, creatures, and even dragons, is something that gets me excited. As only having the 360 to play it on, I am probably a little cheated on how great the scenery could be, but it is amazing, coming from the bleak, barren landscapes of Fallout 3 and New Vegas. The story is pretty good, although I thought the beginning was a little predictable, the dragon coming a the exact moment you were to be executed, but the escape sequence was pretty cool. The choice of classes is great, something Fallout doesn't provide, so there is a more specialized pattern of abilities and traits that I am capable of obtaining, and it gives me reason to go back and play this game again after I beat it, as another class. All in all, a very solid game. Although I am only about 5 hours into it, I can say this is one of the best open-world RPG games I have played in a while, and definitely a much needed break from the Fallout series. Expand
  99. Nov 14, 2011
    OUTSTANDING. completely addicting formula, upgraded engine/visuals, hours upon hours upon hours of storyline and quests to be completed, Bethesda has outdone themselves with this entry into the elder scrolls franchise. KUDOS to Bethesda and everyone Enjoy slaying dragons in the world of Skyrim.
  100. Nov 14, 2011
    The Elder Scrolls Oblivion was one of the most endearing and well designed Role Playing Games of the last decade. Morrowind stands as one of the greatest Role Playing Games of all time. With these two titles as the ancestry for the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, this was a make or break effort for Bethesda. There were a number of challenges facing the game, it was released in a sea ofThe Elder Scrolls Oblivion was one of the most endearing and well designed Role Playing Games of the last decade. Morrowind stands as one of the greatest Role Playing Games of all time. With these two titles as the ancestry for the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, this was a make or break effort for Bethesda. There were a number of challenges facing the game, it was released in a sea of outstanding titles such as Batman, Battlefield 3, Modern Warfare 3, and Uncharted 3, which meant that this game needed to impress if it was going to compete. I think it is safe to say it has. The game succeeds in creating a massive sense of scale, engaging quests and dungeons, challenging combat, and an epic mythology. Graphically, it is stunning considering it's scope. There are certainly hiccups here and there, and occasionally the textures look a little stretched when viewed from far off, but the improvements are impossible to miss. The character progression system has done away with a somewhat bloated list of numbers and bonuses. While it was nice to be able to see all of the numbers in Oblivion, I often spent time not having any clue what was really happening with my stats. Skyrim simplifies things by leaving most of those numbers under the hood. While it would have been nice to offer some sort of "expert mode" so that number crunchers could see whats going on, most players will appreciate the streamlined character growth. The combat in Skyrim remains very similar to the combat in Oblivion, but there are some marked improvements. Dual wielding is now possible, and allows the quick, lightly armored rogue to attack faster at the expense of blocking. The sneak mechanic has also been greatly improved with multiple levels of detection. You can effectively sneak around rooms and snipe enemies now, which makes playing a sneaking character a more strategic and rewarding experience. Finally, in general, weapons all have more weight to them, there is nothing like bringing a massive two handed battle axe crashing down on an opponents shield. Magic has also been drastically improved. You can now put a spell into either hand, allowing you to wield a sword and spell, or two spells for greater magical effect. With the proper perks, you can even combine spells to devastating effect. There is so much more to say about this game, but doing so really spoils the experience. Yes there are dragons, shouts, and a plethora of quests, but you knew that already. Do yourself a favor, buy this game immediately. Expand

1. Feb 6, 2012
    This epic role-playing game might be Bethesda's best game yet, and offers an unique and spectacular world filled with fun. The freedom ensures a great experience for both the casual and hardcore gamer, as you're free to play the game how you like.
  2. Dec 16, 2011
    Skyrim is the largest, and most compelling work that I've had the opportunity to play this year. It's engaging, engrossing, and will take over your gaming life for many months to come. Not only is Skyrim among the best that 2011 has to offer, but for me, this is, without hesitation, the Game of the Year.
  3. Dec 16, 2011