8.4

1. Nov 27, 2011
    Just a terrific game. There are so many good things to say. Just go play the game. I've already put in about 50 hours and not only have I barely scratched the surface of content and experiences but I just can't put it down. The wife hates it because I'm monopolizing the tv. Sorry baby, it's just too good! The only downside I've seen is that there are some bugs, most of low concern butJust a terrific game. There are so many good things to say. Just go play the game. I've already put in about 50 hours and not only have I barely scratched the surface of content and experiences but I just can't put it down. The wife hates it because I'm monopolizing the tv. Sorry baby, it's just too good! The only downside I've seen is that there are some bugs, most of low concern but one or two of major concern (like companion getting stuck in a quest and becoming unusable or my horse forcing me to kill it because it gets hit with splash damage I deliver). But look, we all know that Bethesda ain't no Blizzard so it's going to have some bugs. The level of complexity of the game is unmatched and the bugs just simply must be looked past. It's just too good to avoid. There's plenty of perfection for everybody in this game. Are you still reading this? GO BUY IT! Expand
  2. Nov 28, 2011
    The amount of content is astonishing and diverse. It seems like Bethesda has tried to balance quantity and quality, and has done so wonderfully in most cases. In some cases however, quantity seems to outbalance the depth. This seems to characterize the entire game, from the storylines, to both graphics and gameplay. However, the quantity creates its own sense of depth.

Most areas are

Most areas are beautiful, while some are unimaginative, grey, and bland. The graphics engine, though a bit dated, is put to great use in most cases. Sometimes however, low-res textures stand out as contrasts to an otherwise high-res environment. The bland areas also complement the beautiful places. Wander through a grey and cold cavern and find a beautiful underground oasis with flowers, ponds, and sunlight shining through holes in the roof. Escape the snowy planes and discover a beautiful plane with rivers and massive giants traversing the landscape.

Each gameplay component, swording and boarding, sneaking, and magic can be fun and exhilirating in their own right. However, rely on only one of these over a longer period of time, they might start to feel lacking, repetetive, and boring. Here, deep gameplay is not achieved through elaborate systems for each component, but through mixing them in unique ways and finding ways for one component to complement the other. Depth seem to be achieved through diversity. The way the game is constructed, with all its content, is affecting how it should be played. You want to sword and board your way through the game? Fine, but you will get bored. Make use of everything the game has to offer, and the gameplay feels a lot more rewarding. Mix all playstyles (warrior, thief, mage) and the fun never stops. When I first started playing, I used nothing but a shield and an axe. Around level 34, I got tired and bored. I then decided to start a new character, a warrior/thief hybrid making use of illusion magics to complement my playstyle. I have never had as much fun in a game since. Sniping one enemy with a bow, luring another one to me by making myself visible, casting invisibility, sneak-kill him, casting calm on a miniboss while talking another one out with a sword, then blast the miniboss with destruction magics. The options are endless. All in all, how fun this game is depends on how you play. Focus on only one aspect of the game and you will get bored. Make use of all the content this game has to offer, and you will find depth in the diversity. Some of the storylines are amazing, and could be the entire theme of other games. Other storylines are dull, and something you would only complete for the potential rewards. Some of the dull storylines complement the amazing ones, and help create a richer, more complete experience. This is a game I should dislike. I would take quality over quantity any day. I have always preferred balanced and polished content over anything else. This game is in no way balanced and polished. Glitches, bugs, non-elaborate gameplay systems. You come up with some bad, and this game has it. Still, quality seem to be achieved through the diversity. Name something good, and this game has plenty of that, too. This might not be a perfect game. It might have strayed away from some things that made it predecessors good. But it is still a damn good game. I It is a world. It is art.
  3. Nov 28, 2011
    This game is a phenomenal addition to the Elder Scrolls series. Since playing Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout: New Vegas, I've been looking forward to a new installment that introduced a new engine and a game that brings home the dinner in every aspect and Skyrim does just that. It's in-depth game play and detail is so immense, it will disgrace future games as they are comparedThis game is a phenomenal addition to the Elder Scrolls series. Since playing Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout: New Vegas, I've been looking forward to a new installment that introduced a new engine and a game that brings home the dinner in every aspect and Skyrim does just that. It's in-depth game play and detail is so immense, it will disgrace future games as they are compared to Skyrim's beautiful world. Expand
  4. Nov 29, 2011
    An overall great game. The few bugs are overshadowed by the immense open world and sheer number of side missions to do. I've played over 100 hours as a 2H Warrior so far and I still can't wait to try out a mage. Wabbajack wabbajack wabbajack!
  5. Nov 29, 2011
    I must say, this game definitely fits its title. ADHD's worst enemy! I already have 45 hours logged, problem is I just got into the third main quest.... I do not have the time for this GAME! I love it. Best. Game. EVAR! Seriously though, the care they put into this game literally makes it show that Bethesda actual cares about creating a game people can be proud to admit they put soI must say, this game definitely fits its title. ADHD's worst enemy! I already have 45 hours logged, problem is I just got into the third main quest.... I do not have the time for this GAME! I love it. Best. Game. EVAR! Seriously though, the care they put into this game literally makes it show that Bethesda actual cares about creating a game people can be proud to admit they put so many hours into it! Good job, can't wait for some of your other games! Expand
  6. Nov 29, 2011
    A great game with a lot to do and see. There's nothing so annoying that it detracts from the good things in the game. Some things are a little weird like the menu system and the fact that you can't see your character in the menu, but other than that there is so much that this game does right that you can deal with minor inconveniences.
  7. Nov 30, 2011
    I am only a few hours in to the game and I have only done one main quest, the time I have spent in Skyrim I have been to Hendry land, giggity giggity DON'T!!! Basically what I'm trying to say is the game brilliant. I have never had so much fun playing an RPG before.
  8. Nov 30, 2011
    I really love this game. Just thinking about how huge it is hurts my head at times. Side mission on top of side mission leads to a feeling that you are doing important things in the world. Combat is a blast. Play this game.
  9. Dec 3, 2011
    Este es un juego destinado ha hacer historia... Utilizando el sistema de calificacion de 3DJuegos mi nota seria esta:

Jugabilidad: 10 = Uno de los mundos mas extensos creados en los videojuegos. No se si supera a Oblivion, pero practicamente es un pais hecho desde cero. Puedes hacer todo lo que quieras, desde robar hasta ayudar a los mas pobres... Desde elegir un arco a una espada...

Jugabilidad:

Puedes hacer todo lo que quieras, desde robar hasta ayudar a los mas pobres... Desde elegir un arco a una espada... Desde nadar hasta caminar... Desde ser vampiro a hombre lobo... Es una jugabilidad epica.

Tecnologia y graficos: 10 = Toda va muy fluido, sin ralentizaciones. Tiene un motor grafico del 15 y eso da merito teniendo un mapeado tan grande como el que tiene. Ese puro arte. Puede que tenga bugs pero eso no quita que sea una maravilla, ya que son de poca importancia y no afecta demasiado a la experiencia de juego.
    Los graficos son insuperables y las texturas muy bien hechas. Algo que hechaba en falta en muchos juegos es el trabajo que le se pone a la zona facial, y con este juego no tengo queja ninguna.

Sonido:

10 = Banda sonora epica, y calidad sonora espectacular. Nada mas que decir.

Innovacion:

10 = El mejor TES a la fecha. Este juego innova muchisimo respecto a sus antecesores... Pasara a la historia.

Nota final:

10 = Juego epico, con jugabilidad epica, graficos epicos, BSO epica y innovacion epica. Nada mas que decir.
  10. Dec 4, 2011
    Best game I have ever played. Skyrim boasts the most immersive, beautiful, and evocative world ever fit into a T.V. screen. Writing this game off because of a few bugs which will be fixed in a few weeks with a few updates is utterly insane. There's so much to say about this game so I will pick something you might have missed -- the music!!! The music is beautiful and it is woven intoBest game I have ever played. Skyrim boasts the most immersive, beautiful, and evocative world ever fit into a T.V. screen. Writing this game off because of a few bugs which will be fixed in a few weeks with a few updates is utterly insane. There's so much to say about this game so I will pick something you might have missed -- the music!!! The music is beautiful and it is woven into gameplay in a way that makes you stand on the edge of a mountain and stare off into the sunset every few minutes. Expand
  11. Dec 4, 2011
    Best game ever created.I know this sounds a bit bold but it's true.This game really is a thing of beauty , and I'm really looking forward to the next ES game, can't wait!
  12. Dec 5, 2011
    should add some people have made posts saying there are no stats for anyone who is intrested there are plenty of stats available, kills ,quests,places visted theres about 3 pages worth. some reviews are plain troll reviews and do not tell the truth.
  13. Dec 6, 2011
    There are bugs and things that could have been made better. There are a few things I would've done different myself, but, then, it's personal. Even then, Skyrim can comfortably be described as a masterpiece. Among the many qualities that could be pointed out, the feature that makes Skyrim unique is its unmatched immersion. I've always loved the fantasy setting. I've played a lot ofThere are bugs and things that could have been made better. There are a few things I would've done different myself, but, then, it's personal. Even then, Skyrim can comfortably be described as a masterpiece. Among the many qualities that could be pointed out, the feature that makes Skyrim unique is its unmatched immersion. I've always loved the fantasy setting. I've played a lot of tabletop role-playing games - rolled many dices. I used to draw a lot when I was younger: dragons, armored knights, angels, demons and monsters. The desire to experience a fantasy world is latent in people like me. "It is snowing. The wind is cold and silent. I'm running along the foot of a mountain range towards my next destination when I spot a lone deer, feeding under a tree. It hasn't spotted me. I crouch and draw my bow, slowly getting closer, trying not to scare it. A well placed shot will hopefully be enough. I halt and pull the string, aiming carefully, trying to guess the right height offset for the distance. Suddenly, a roughly cross-shaped shadow runs across the ground, bigger than that of birds. I look up: a dragon! Drums start beating in the background as the beautiful winged lizard roars, going from a gracious hover into a furious swoop. I run to behind the tree for cover, sheathing my bow and drawing my sword and shield. The dragon's cold breath is blocked by the tree as it swoops over. I turn to it and shout in its own language: Joor Zah Frul! Forced to behold its previously unknown mortality, the beast drops to the ground. I charge in to make it meet its fate." This was an artistic description of a sequence of events which actually happened while I was playing. Like I always do when there's someone nearby, be it my wife or my 7 years old cousin, I shouted: "Come see! A dragon!" The feeling is priceless. This is Skyrim. With all the bugs and imperfections, couldn't give it any less than 10. Expand
  14. XLX
    Dec 6, 2011
    With such a legacy as The Elder Scrolls it is hard to even start a review on a game as expansive as Skyrim. With so much going on in the land of Skyrim there are countless hours to be lost exploring caves, tombs, towns, and ruins. When you are not getting attacked by dragons from above ore wolves at your feet it is nice to take a look at the beautiful landscape that has been created forWith such a legacy as The Elder Scrolls it is hard to even start a review on a game as expansive as Skyrim. With so much going on in the land of Skyrim there are countless hours to be lost exploring caves, tombs, towns, and ruins. When you are not getting attacked by dragons from above ore wolves at your feet it is nice to take a look at the beautiful landscape that has been created for the player to enjoy. The game itself has many flaws and bugs that should never have made it through quality assurance testers. However I have only seen one or two game breaking bugs and even then it usually means you cant finish a certain quest line. I am impressed with this game even though I think they ruined a bit of the fun by adding in the perk tree forcing me to choose what I really want to be proficient in where in the other games in the series if I used it I received the perks. Many good things have been taken out but also many bad things have been corrected.

Bethesda has made a great game but falls back into the problem of not truly listening to what the gamer wants to see especially the little things that should be truly easy to program and change.

If you like the other Elder Scrolls games this game is worth every penny and even though small things will still upset you it is great in the grand scheme. If you have never played an Elder Scrolls game before you may want to borrow/rent it for two hours, If you aren't having fun in the first two hours you probably wont like the rest of it.

Games

Pros: Lots of things to do and places to explore
    Cons: Didn't fix some problems from Oblivion/ Lots of bugs still with little acknowledgement
    (1) Recommend: Yes
    The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim
    The After Release Review
    The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim
    The After Release Review
    Skyrim, a massive and seemingly endless world that continues to unfold as you delve deeper and deeper into the fantasy role playing game that is the Elder Scrolls universe. Skyrim, the fifth game of the Elder Scrolls series has proven to possibly be the best game developed by Bethesda Gaming Studios; the company who started the Elder Scrolls series. Bethesdaâ
  16. Dec 9, 2011
    If I were to sum this game up in to one word, its would be "Beautiful". This is everything that is good about video games, in one giant package. Bethesda has put allot of love into this project, and it shows. An amazing game with an amazing amount of amazing content with an amazing story and an amazing.... Well, you get the point. There are a few flaws here'n there, but the detail andIf I were to sum this game up in to one word, its would be "Beautiful". This is everything that is good about video games, in one giant package. Bethesda has put allot of love into this project, and it shows. An amazing game with an amazing amount of amazing content with an amazing story and an amazing.... Well, you get the point. There are a few flaws here'n there, but the detail and content in this game is so great, you will just flick them away and instantly forget them. Are you a gamer?, then this is a must buy!!!. Expand
  17. Dec 12, 2011
    The most immersive game world I have ever encountered, that alone stands for a whole nine. This includes excellent voice acting, very believable characters, unbelievable world encounters that actually tell stories, the attention to detail from Bethesda (numerous examples available) and numerous other things. The game world lives and breathes. This amounts to nine. Why it deserves ten isThe most immersive game world I have ever encountered, that alone stands for a whole nine. This includes excellent voice acting, very believable characters, unbelievable world encounters that actually tell stories, the attention to detail from Bethesda (numerous examples available) and numerous other things. The game world lives and breathes. This amounts to nine. Why it deserves ten is because of the beautiful menus, the possibility to play your character absolutely however you want, and one extra "+" for the pre-release marketing posters and images.

Sure, there is bugs, glitches and exploitation possibilities - but that does not matter, the game world makes up hundred times for every letdown.
  18. Dec 12, 2011
    Skyrim and Bethesda are awesome!!!! I absolutely love this game and find myself forgetting my uni work because I can't get enough of it. Yes there are some small bugs, but they do not detract from how brilliant this game is. You can tell that Bethesda really enjoyed making it which is brilliant and as a female gamer it is nice to play a game that is not all boobs and bum. For those of youSkyrim and Bethesda are awesome!!!! I absolutely love this game and find myself forgetting my uni work because I can't get enough of it. Yes there are some small bugs, but they do not detract from how brilliant this game is. You can tell that Bethesda really enjoyed making it which is brilliant and as a female gamer it is nice to play a game that is not all boobs and bum. For those of you who have complained about the game being medieval and fantasy, thats the setting of the game. Dont buy it if you dont like RPG's and/or fantasy. Expand
  19. Sep 24, 2012
    This game receives all the greatness it gets! It is truly a fun addicting game, with stunning visuals, and tons of content! 10 out of ten!
  20. Dec 13, 2011
    Anyone who dislikes this game can take an arrow to the knee, Bethesda hit a home run with Skyrim, amazing engine, amazing voice actors, a few annoying glitches, such as the Esbern voice bug, i gave it a 9 simply because it does have game impacting glitches.
  21. Dec 14, 2011
    This game is one of the best games of the year it has weeks of content, awesome gameplay, huge world, and lots choices to play. It has lots of bugs & glitches but what do you expect from a game that has this,much content. it has weeks of quests but lots of them are boring but you can still explore the vast world of skyrim. this game gets a 10 out of 10 and obviously like other elderThis game is one of the best games of the year it has weeks of content, awesome gameplay, huge world, and lots choices to play. It has lots of bugs & glitches but what do you expect from a game that has this,much content. it has weeks of quests but lots of them are boring but you can still explore the vast world of skyrim. this game gets a 10 out of 10 and obviously like other elder scrolls it will have expansions. Expand
  22. Dec 21, 2011
    Skyrim is a revolutionary game. It's High definition clouds, Battle sequences and Interactive environment is astounding. For an example, if you see a mountain, that's not for show. You can climb that every environmental structure. As for the combat, Bethesda has taken the essence of Oblivion, but added power attacks, finishing moves and actual cut-scenes to make it feel more like realSkyrim is a revolutionary game. It's High definition clouds, Battle sequences and Interactive environment is astounding. For an example, if you see a mountain, that's not for show. You can climb that every environmental structure. As for the combat, Bethesda has taken the essence of Oblivion, but added power attacks, finishing moves and actual cut-scenes to make it feel more like real life. There are minor glitches here and there, but they are usually for laughs and cannot harm your gameplay. The Dragons are incredibly marvelous, the texture, movement, AI, everything. Skyrim is an enjoyable, creative RPG, full of exploration, epic battle, and amazing spells at your disposal. I would recommend this game to anyone and everyone, as it is bewildering, no matter what age or gender you are. Expand
  23. Dec 22, 2011
    Every few years a game comes along that elevates the genre and sets a new bar. This game has some bugs and glitches, but the overall product is so enjoyable you easily look past them. It's a game changer, and will be a defining game the likes of Mario 3, Zelda, and Halo.
  24. Dec 23, 2011
    A magical game, such a great experience one of the best games I've ever encountered I really hope bethesda keep up the amazing work and release some mind blowing DLC.
  25. Dec 23, 2011
    This game filled the gap of time between my quitting WOW and the release of TOR, basically hundreds of hours of my life that I am never going to get back, and i don't regret a second of it. Its amazing that an RPG can have this amount of content in it, and the Graphics are absolutely stunning.
  26. Jan 6, 2012
    Skyrim... Where to begin. Well lets begin with game play, the meatiest part of this game.
    The game play is very similar to other Bethesda games such as Oblivion, and the newest two Fallout titles. The game is an open world, fantasy, role-playing game set in the northern most province called Skyrim in the Elder Scrolls world known as Tamriel (and yes I am not only a huge fan of the series, but a major nerd as well). You play as a legendary character known as the "Dovahkiin" or "Dragonborn" which will be explained later in my review, and get to play as 1 of 10 races, each with its own perks, and weaknesses. There is also a clever levelling system where by you level up after increasing any number of skills X number of times, which allows you to be any type of class you wish, and allows you to change class without having to start a new game, a generous plus in the games favour. From the first person perspective you can use either hand to either cast magic, use a weapon or shield, use both for two handed weapons, or use a bow. This also adds for a multitude of choices, and allows more people to play the game how they want. One added feature, which I prefer to the other recent Bethesda games, is the removal of an item wear system, now instead of weapons and armour degrading from use, they can be improved rather then fixed. Combat is fun, but dragon combat is where the game strives, as the beasts feel like they have power, and advantage over you, and fighting them feels just about as epic, as the idea of fighting dragons is. This is one of the first times dragons have been done right, and given justice in games. I could continue on for days on end, describing the quests, numberless items, and millions of ways to play the game, and still not come close to finishing just the game play of Skyrim, so instead I'll say that you can do pretty much anything you want (except that you sick perverts!) and from what I've already described, there's a lot to do.
    On to the presentation of the game, the graphics are outstanding. It is clear that Bethesda had spent some time on the look of the game as everything has detail, items can be inspected (key to some quests), character models are attractive, and the world itself is full of endless beauty. The sounds of the game are fantastic, and all well done, and dragons roar with intimidation, and it wont be uncommon to feel a chill do down your spine, and you begin frantically searching the skies for the winged beast. It should be noted though that it is clear that they had a limited staff of voice actors as the same voice will be heard multiple times from different characters, and when in conversation with characters, although not directly in their face like in other Bethesda titles, they still stand there with little emotion. Now I wish I could give this game a perfect score, but being honest and fair, I cannot as all games do have some flaws. For Skyrim, as with open world games in general, there are some glitches, and bugs that while not necessarily game breaking, are frustrating. Numerous times you will end up trapped in a rock or wall, and if you're not saving frequently, can be frustrating to have to go back because the only way to get unstuck is to load a save. My only other major gripe with the game is the whole concept of being the Dragonborn character. What the Dovahkiin is, is a character that is able to kill dragons, then adsorb their souls into them, and harness the dragons ability to spew fire, ice, shock waves, esc... by shouting. Let me explain, in Skyrim, dragons don't simply spew fire down at their enemies, they have some magical power to scream, or shout, and the energy of fire, of frost, of what ever that particular dragon is capable of doing radiates out from that shout. That's right, the first dragon you kill in the game isn't really fighting you, it's yelling at you. And after you kill it, you now have the ability to kill your enemies by yelling at them, and if you get into a fight with another dragon, you can make it nothing more then a yelling match. While it fits appropriately with a Norse based society, it's ridiculous to think about, and wasn't very necessary to the game.
    All in all, Skyrim is a great game, and with the amount of fun you can have, as well as an exponential amount of content for a $60 price tag, Skyrim is a must buy. FUS RO DAH! MOTHA#$%&ERS! (play the game if you don't get it)
  27. Dec 29, 2011
    Great Game but definitely over rated The main and Companion's questlines were terrible. boring and short.The Dark Brotherhood was different which i liked. College of Winterhold was fun and the end was oh so satisfying BUT The Thieves Guild stole the show it was a beautifully crafted questline this game has its bugs it has annoying characters (Cicero,Lydia,Orcs) but in all it's a wonderfulGreat Game but definitely over rated The main and Companion's questlines were terrible. boring and short.The Dark Brotherhood was different which i liked. College of Winterhold was fun and the end was oh so satisfying BUT The Thieves Guild stole the show it was a beautifully crafted questline this game has its bugs it has annoying characters (Cicero,Lydia,Orcs) but in all it's a wonderful experience.
    Skyrim =
  28. Dec 29, 2011
    Skyrim is a massive game. Itâ
  29. Jan 4, 2012
    Skyrim is definitively a game I will be playing for a while. It is the best game I have played with its superior graphics, beautiful sound, and above all its outstanding gameplay. The storyline is immense considering all that you can do, from fighting in the civil war, doing side quests, companion quests, to the actual story campaign. There is always something to explore or do in Skyrim.Skyrim is definitively a game I will be playing for a while. It is the best game I have played with its superior graphics, beautiful sound, and above all its outstanding gameplay. The storyline is immense considering all that you can do, from fighting in the civil war, doing side quests, companion quests, to the actual story campaign. There is always something to explore or do in Skyrim. Perfect game for any person, and is impossible to not like. Expand
  30. Jan 9, 2012
    This game is so vast and immense it is impossible to do everything. The graphics are amazing and the story is great. You actually feel like you're apart of the game. The lore behind this game is so deep that you it feels like a real world. The magic system is fun and interesting. Combat is way better this time around and isn't hack and slash like before. This is an awesome game that I willThis game is so vast and immense it is impossible to do everything. The graphics are amazing and the story is great. You actually feel like you're apart of the game. The lore behind this game is so deep that you it feels like a real world. The magic system is fun and interesting. Combat is way better this time around and isn't hack and slash like before. This is an awesome game that I will be playing for many years to come. Easily the best game this year. Probably the last great game of this generation. Expand

1. Feb 6, 2012
    This epic role-playing game might be Bethesda's best game yet, and offers an unique and spectacular world filled with fun. The freedom ensures a great experience for both the casual and hardcore gamer, as you're free to play the game how you like.
  2. Dec 16, 2011
    Skyrim is the largest, and most compelling work that I've had the opportunity to play this year. It's engaging, engrossing, and will take over your gaming life for many months to come. Not only is Skyrim among the best that 2011 has to offer, but for me, this is, without hesitation, the Game of the Year.
  3. Dec 16, 2011