8.4

1. Nov 11, 2011
    A masterpiece, is one of those games that make you think that video games can be considered an art, like painting, music or movies. It's a fantastic virtual experience, deep history, superb gameplay, beautiful graphics, majestic music, in short, an incredible journey for all people who love video games
  2. Nov 11, 2011
    Just overall the best game I've ever played, they've truly outdone themselves on this game. It is art and will always be known as one of the greatest rpgs ever created during this era of games. I can see my self easily putting 200-300 hours in Skyrim over the next few years until TES 6 is released.
  3. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is seriously amazing! i dont understand what type of person would rate this game negatively?? The sound, graphics, gameplay - its all pure beauty. Best money i have ever spent!!
  4. Nov 11, 2011
    Amazing GOTY. It made me **** This is better than Oblivion and it is the best RPG i have played, it does have some glitched but those glitched willl be patched soon.
  5. Nov 11, 2011
    Godlike. There is absolutely nothing in this game I would change so far. No more sleeping to level up, new talent trees, animation is WAY smoother than it ever has been. Buy it and keep it.
  6. Nov 13, 2011
    Competing with nostalgia-rich classics of the genre, critically acclaimed "hardcore" offerings, deep PnP style multiplayer RPGs as well as Oblivion and the (superior) Morrowind before it, Skyrim still comes out on top to become the best game I've ever played.

It combines the vast explorability and intoxicating atmosphere of Morrowind with the eminent playability of Oblivion, and turns
    the art style, world design, voice acting, story and most everything else up to 11 to create an almost perfect high fantasy/sword & sorcery RPG experience.

Visuals: 9.5/10 Audio: 10/10 Gameplay: 10/10 Story/Quest Gameplay: 10/10 RPG Mechanics/Design: 9/10 Content/Scope: 10/10
    Overall: 10/10
  7. Nov 11, 2011
    Easily beats any wRPG out there this decade. The character development is actually simpler than most Elder Scrolls games, streamlining everything you need and canning everything you don't. Also, it's implementation of a perk system similar to Fallout means that development of your character hasn't lost any depth and each character to every user is as unique as they are. The visuals are stunning and the vast, expansive environments, while sometimes barren, suggest a living, breathing world creating the perfect sense of verisimilitude. I wouldn't want every inch of a game-world to be populated by enemies and NPC's, it takes away from your suspension of disbelief and always reminds you with a shattering crash that you're playing a game. Sadly, this is often the case in Bioware RPGs but is in no way present here. Many people online are complaining about the use of Dragons in the game, saying it is unoriginal without obviously knowing that Dragons have been intergral to the polt since Elder Scrolls I: Arena. The first 4 games have all been leading up to the return of the Dragons and now that it's happened, expect every other Elder Scrolls to be as epic as this one is. The combat system is fluid and intuitive. You can go from being a beginner new to the series to slicing up some enemies while throwing fireballs at everything else with ease. It's available to casual gamers by not requiring micro-management and being a great game you can take at your own pace and the hardcore gamers by allowing amazing depth in both development and gameplay. The item/spell creation system has basically infinite possibilities and the game is so packed full of extras that perfectionists will probably do good to never play any game ever again if they hope to get absolutely everything there is to offer. One of the most anticipated RPG releases ever, and it's for great reason. The stroy is heavily focused on which is something games fail to do nowadays and it seems Bethesda recognise videogames as a legitimate story-telling medium rather than a cash-cow business (*cough*Activision*cough*) and don't rush their development, instead pouring heart and soul into a game and releasing when it is done. The quintessential wRPG, pick this game up now and feel euphoria. Expand
  8. Nov 11, 2011
    Yea there are glitches, but that doesn't stop this game from being an absolute masterpiece. after only 3 hours of play, I realized this is probably the most engrossing game i have ever played. It's amazing how much content is packed into one game. The game extremely addicting, the sound is amazing, the graphics...oh the graphics they are absolutely phenomenal. If you are looking for game you can pour hundreds of hours into, Skyrim is for you. Expand
  9. Nov 13, 2011
    I've yet to find anything not to like about this game. The graphics are excellent, the textures are sharp, the models are smooth, the draw distance is beuatifull, the load times are incredible - main menu to game in ten seconds!
    As for the gameplay they've fixed a LOT of what was wrong with previous games, balancing the various playstyles very well and making it all generally a lot of
    fun. Love the menu system too. Expand
  10. Nov 11, 2011
    A masterpiece in every sense of the word. Everything that was great about Fallout 3 and New Vegas has been incorporated into a streamlined game play design from Oblivion, and the standout has to be one the incredible visually pleasing 'perk' interface display. Game play is masterfully crafted and the world truly feels like an epic, living and breathing fantasy world. And dragons, the game's dragon 'mini boss' fights are simply an experience you cannot miss. Buy this game, you will not be disappointed. GOTY contender, and arguably inevitable winner for many gamers. Collapse
  11. Nov 11, 2011
    An absolutely outstanding game! Not just one of the best RPGs of the year, but, one of the best RPGs every created. The best installment of the Elder Scrolls yet and the (highly) likely winner of numerous Game of the Year titles.
  12. Nov 11, 2011
    Skyrim is a huge brilliant open world rpg and shows us exactly how the genre should be done. Rather than funnelling you into doing the main quest, after a brief start, it sets you free to go and see and do whatever you want. It has such a huge amount of content that other games charging the same price while containing so little content seem like rip offs. Everything about this game, minus the bugs seem perfect. GOTY no doubt. Expand
  13. Nov 16, 2011
    This is quite possibly the best game ever made! 70 hours into it and I'm still finding new things to do and the thing that really gets me is that of the over 300 dungeons in the game, none of the ones I've been to have been just re-skinned, they are all original! Mad Props to Bethesda!! Using my MW3 disc as a coaster to hold my beer!!!
  14. Nov 11, 2011
    After seeing countless previews and gameplay vids,I was already expecting a magnificent game.But this!This has taken my already super high expectations and bashed me around the head with them while laughing maniacally like Cicero.Beautiful graphics,amazing audio,and the sheer amount of content make Skyrim the greatest RPG of all in my eyes and possibly the greatest game ever made.A special shout-out goes to the elegant menu system and awesome spells.Also,the excellent duel-wield system is the best I've used in any game. While I noticed occasional pop-up and low-res textures,as well as some melee issues,I simply don't care.A majestic GOTY from me. Expand
  15. Nov 11, 2011
    O melhor jogo do ano,sem dúvidas estou fascinado com tudo q está dentro e fora do enredo me oferece ..
    Cada hora que eu paro pra jogar esse jogo é uma nova surpresa um novo artefacto,as lutas com os dragons são incríveis! agora vou parar de escrever pq Skyrim precisa de mim!

Parabéns BETHESDA...
  16. Nov 11, 2011
    Great game! So much better than Oblivion and so close to Morrowind. Love it. Every RPG fan should go and own it immediately. Todd Howard is great man, and I hope he'll make us great Fallout 4.
  17. Nov 11, 2011
    played the game 30 hours now (i live in germany and got it on monday) and i love this game. it's all i was expecting and even better. after the first half hours i was a little bit disappointed because it didn't look so great in this area but the rest of the huge world looks fantastic for an open world game. noone should forget this, it's no linear world the developers know what you will do next so they program everythin very easily, no, you can do what you want. going 3 mile west killing some bandits? do it! or going 5 miles north and searching for iron ore? do it!

i'm the kind of gamer who loves to sneak through the buildings and steal everything and in this game this alone can cost you weeks of your real life^^ for me i give this game a 10/10. graphics 9, sound 9 (music alone would get a 10 but some other sounds aren't perfect), gameplay 10 and lasting appeal a 10 which i would count very high in this game because it's not a 40 hour singleplayer which would be a ot it's much more
  18. Nov 11, 2011
    Awesome game! it is really that good oh gawd play it play it NAO goddammit son get over here damn, i want skyrim but im poor cake is also good, but skyrim is better!
  19. Nov 11, 2011
    From my very first 1991 RGP on the NES called Crystalis until today, I have never felt compelled to go out of my way to thank the developers for their hard work and passion.
    Thank you Bethesda Game Studios.
  20. Nov 13, 2011
    Skyrim, If I could sum it up in one word it would be 'stunning'. Skyrim has a rich constructed land filled with endless of hours of content, from fighting the major villains in the game, Dragons, to exploring dungeons in search of treasure, or fighting in the civil war. It is all up to you.

Presentation
    Skyrim may not be the pinnacle in graphic evolution, but it looks breath-taking, the
    world and the characters have all been rendered brilliantly, and certainly pushes the xbox 360 graphically to it's limits. Trees move in the wind, fog rolls down the mountains, rivers run realistically and this is all heightened by the amazing sound. However there may be the odd low texture, or bug here or there; but to be honest who doesn't expect the odd glitch here and there, especially when you are adventuring in a humongous word such as Skyrim. Games are never perfect, and I for one don't expect them to be, but the odd bug in here and there may be annoying, but it never ruins the experience. Gameplay Skyrim's game play is one of the best I have seen. The detail to each quest and the main story itself is amazing, and I can vouch that you won't be stuck with nothing to do within this game for the coming months. Combat has been improved upon from Oblivion and each hit you can feel, and enemies stagger from each swipe. The magic system has also been re-vamped from Oblivion, such as dual-casting, to combining spells. All the dungeons and areas to explore feel unique, you can now marry on Skyrim, as well as hire or accept adventures to come with you. The Radiant AI and Radiant Story vary the locations and purpose of smaller quests, based on actions you have made. NPC'S react to certain events and the world feels more alive as a result. The 'motto' for the game 'You are what you play' certainly lives up to expectations, there are no pre-defined class choices, you level up based on what you use and do. For instance if you go around hacking and slashing with a two-handed mace, while wearing heavy armour, you are going to level up your two-handed and heavy armour levels. Or you may what to have a sword in one hand and a spell in the other, while wearing light armour, thus you will level up in those areas.

The Score
    If you liked Oblivion and Morrowind, you will be genuinely pleased with Skyrim, it improves on all aspects and personally smashed all my expectations. Yes some people might complain the graphics are not the best, or the AI may muck up a few times, but that is something you have to expect in all games, especially a game of this magnitude with over 300 hours of content to keep you busy, so your bound to run into the odd bug. Overall Skyrim is a beautiful game with deep lore and conflicts to keep you immersed into the world. Certainly a contender for Game Of The Year.
  21. Nov 11, 2011
    I have been playing The Elder Scrolls games ever since I had the epic opportunity to play Morrowind. It left me breathless and eager for more. Oblivion was a great sequel, yet I felt that Bethesda could do better with the newer platforms that were available. I have long awaited the release of this title, Skyrim, and have been slightly antsy that it would simply be too much more of the same. Well, all I can say is that I have been blown away! Skyrim has taken everything that was wrong with the previous titles and turned it around. The days of spending hours trying to figure out how to level up your character are long gone. Simply create your character and play. It is as easy as that, really. The graphics have been upgraded to an astounding level for the 360, and the character movements have become amazing! The intro had me on the edge of my seat, and I couldn't stop playing after that. The new system is perfectly blended with the old, yet has a new edge that pulls rookies and veterans into a new world of beauty and RPG-fun like no other role-playing out there. Thank you Bethesda. You have given me a reason to dive head first back into the world of video games again. Expand
  22. Nov 11, 2011
    Simply Epic in scope. Between this and BF3 my PC gaming is assured to be great throughout the end of 2011. Thank you for yet another masterpiece Bethesda!
  23. Nov 11, 2011
    A game so well made it gives me chills. The attention to detail is for my part never before seen in a videogame. I was very hyped for this game, and I was very surprised when Skyrim exceeded ALL of my expectations. 60$ for a game this scope; it's a real bargain.
  24. Nov 11, 2011
    MW3 doesn't even compare to Skyrim. Different games and different pros and cons. I spent almost 300 hours on my perfect stat character in Oblivion, so I'm sure that the same thing will happen with Skyrim. Also, while playing Skyrim, I won't have to listen to 12 year old telling 'your mom' jokes or people camping in corners with claymores set then brag about how good they are. I'll know that i will be playing both Skyrim and MW3, but I will definitely have more fun with games like Darksouls and Skyrim over dealing with unskilled players in MW3 who are all talk. Quick question, how can so many people who bought MW3 at midnight be so terrible at the game? Played a team deathmatch game, i was 16-2, last 3 guys a combined 8-32... Expand
  25. Nov 11, 2011
    Been playing this game for 4 hours now, easily one of the best games I've played this year. If you liked Oblivion you'll really love this. They vamped up everything and included more things to do. Visually, it's stunning, gameplay is stunning. I'd write more, but I need to continue playing!
  26. Nov 11, 2011
    Amazing depth! Games this big should cost $100, but don't tell them that or we will start paying that much. Im not big on RPGs but every now and then you have to have a immense single player game to go along with the others. This is a game you can spend hundreds of hours on.
  27. Nov 13, 2011
    Simply the best game I have Ever played. I have spent 3 Solid days in Skyrim and they have been some of the most beautiful most memorable gaming experiences I have had and I have barely scratched the surface. I concur with most of the reviewers here in saying I have No IDEA how anyone could give this a negative review. There is just so many ways to play to many paths to take so many different ways to experience the game I don't think there is a way anyone couldn't find a entertaining way to venture forth in the world. I don't even know where to start with this game. Everything about it is extraordinary Bethesda went above and beyond the call and have made The Best RPG world any game has ever seen. Every environment is alive and every cave I have explored is unique. There are not enough good things to be said about this game. Easy 10/10 if you have Any interest in games do yourself a BIG favor and pick this up ASAP Expand
  28. Nov 11, 2011
    I can't believe the people putting '0' for Skyrim to be legit accounts.. i'm 21 hours in, and it's the most breathtakingly well made game, complete with extremely improved combat when compared to Oblivion (which was still ok'ish combat), beautiful atmosphere thanks to the incredible score and scenery.. and the story.. it's SO much better and more coherrent than any previous Elder Scrolls title.. it's emotive.

10/10.. I know I haven't finished it yet.. but I think 20 hours with any game this good, you know it's a rare find indeed.
  29. Nov 12, 2011
    Yesterday one of my friends on Xbox Live messeged me and asked "so hows Skyrim?". I get a lot of messges about games and how they are and normally its no problem to respond, but when I came to reply there were no words. I had been playing for 2 hours when the messege came and I was lost in The Elder Scrolls, this happened with Morrowind and Oblivion, but never like this. I was a Bosmer (wood elf) , I was a scout sent by the Council of Mages at the Arcane University, I was Binwin the Swift. I was completely engrossed as this sneaky archer hunting stags on the turndra of Skyrim. In the end I replied with "there are no words to describe this game but I will try, this is a game like a fine wine, not to be gulped and rushed but to be sipped and appreciated, to enjoy every hidden flavour and depth, this is a game to ruin your real life." Now I have finished with all that, I will try and be more specific, this is an RPG which really means it, this isnt a game where you are given a hero pre made, you make this hero, you know his or her past, you play that character how you want. You choose the route you go, never being told, you cant go this way or that way. You are surrounded by a world created by people whos love for this world pours from the game like a fine mead from a tankard into your dry mouth, and after one sip you need more . You are surround by sounds and a score so epic nothing from the outside world can penetrate, including your wife telling you to get the plates out for dinner. If you decide to buy this game in essence you are buying into a world, a journey to find epic dragons and a fantasy land which will see you through not weeks, not months but years of gameplay. This is how RPG's were meant to be. Expand
  30. Nov 11, 2011

1. Feb 6, 2012
    This epic role-playing game might be Bethesda's best game yet, and offers an unique and spectacular world filled with fun. The freedom ensures a great experience for both the casual and hardcore gamer, as you're free to play the game how you like.
  2. Dec 16, 2011
    Skyrim is the largest, and most compelling work that I've had the opportunity to play this year. It's engaging, engrossing, and will take over your gaming life for many months to come. Not only is Skyrim among the best that 2011 has to offer, but for me, this is, without hesitation, the Game of the Year.
  3. Dec 16, 2011