8.5

1. Mar 18, 2014
    Oh man this game was a lot of fun to play. I really immersed myself into the role playing. I think the only thing that could be improved would have to be the character models and the amount of voice actors. It takes you out of the immersion a little to hear the same voice actor over and over and over. The character models were a little too stiff compared to other great rpgs like massOh man this game was a lot of fun to play. I really immersed myself into the role playing. I think the only thing that could be improved would have to be the character models and the amount of voice actors. It takes you out of the immersion a little to hear the same voice actor over and over and over. The character models were a little too stiff compared to other great rpgs like mass effect. I hope next time they work on those parts a little more. Great game, I was never into the whole mid evil dungeons and dragons type of thing but this game was just too much fun. Expand
  2. Mar 24, 2014
    Bethesda made the revolutionary 1990 open world game "The Terminator", which was pretty much GTA III with crappy graphics and such an overlooked masterpiece. In 1996 they made the revolutionary game " The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall" which features thousands of towns and hundreds of thousands of NPCs (random & procedural generation). "The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind" (2002) was anotherBethesda made the revolutionary 1990 open world game "The Terminator", which was pretty much GTA III with crappy graphics and such an overlooked masterpiece. In 1996 they made the revolutionary game " The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall" which features thousands of towns and hundreds of thousands of NPCs (random & procedural generation). "The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind" (2002) was another classic. Finally, this game. Skyrim is the product of decades of advances in virtual worlds, the evolution of video games almost seems like a miracle. Todd Howard is a genius. Expand
  3. Apr 4, 2014
    Skyrim, the Predecessor of The Elder Scrolls Online and the successor to Oblivion is in.. I don't know where to begin! The map will keep you occupied for hours upon hours on either your PC, XBox 360 or PS3, it doesn't matter WHAT you have, nothing can stop you from having the best time in a video game. In the far future, we will look back at thou masterpiece and thou will worship till thou's ends!
  4. Apr 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. people are very different it seems, some hate skyrim cuz its worse then oblivion, others hate oblivion cuz its worse then skyrim, others hate them both cuz morrowind is better.

or its too big and boring, its too easy, its cold feeling and too snowy while others felt oblivion was too much of the same also with green grass everywhere. so it cant have too much snowy places nor can it have too many grassy areas, seem we should just have ruined cities and desert for these people!!

the only thing i can agree on with them is the main quest is shorter then i would have wanted but people also said bad things about the main quest in oblivion, i felt the main quest at the ending or morrowind was bad(giant zombie thing?) otherwise if your that unsure of this game, dont listen to friends, just rent it. otherwise if you have to like exploreing open world areas, if you like that then you will like this game.

also some people were complaining there was no good armor around, like they leveled to 40 just hoping for some full set to drop in their lap? the best armor is stuff you make dude, its easy enough to get into smithing since your not constricted by major and minor skills anymore, so quit being lazy and make armor, then it will be good armor.

also I have seen people complain that the game is too easy cuz the armor is so over-powered for them now, so now people are getting too strong of armor while others are getting too little of armor?

rent the game, if you like it, then buy it. its been out for a long time now so it should be cheaper and the expansions make the game that much better, i love hearthfire mainly cuz i like building and haveing my own house and this lets you build 3 which are better then most if not any of the other house you can buy from being mister special thane of a town.

the island you go to(dragon born expansion) also gives you a house at some point and thats fun to explore and the vampire expansion is fun to fight them as well, even though if you experiance fighting the master vamps early on they are kinda impossible and i hope you have town guards around.
  5. Mar 10, 2016
    For a guy who's not really that into Roleplaying games, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim captured my attention. This game is amazing. You get to create your own character pick, to the near fullest. Being a human, elf, Reptile etc. There's so much to get into. There's a lot of quest, missions and the world feels alive. People go to sleep, if you kill them they're dead forever, you can go toFor a guy who's not really that into Roleplaying games, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim captured my attention. This game is amazing. You get to create your own character pick, to the near fullest. Being a human, elf, Reptile etc. There's so much to get into. There's a lot of quest, missions and the world feels alive. People go to sleep, if you kill them they're dead forever, you can go to jail, break into houses, etc. The game has it's bug now and then, but they're not really major and the character models look pretty terrible, but won't stop me from giving a perfect score. Well done, Bethesda Softworks. Expand
  6. May 25, 2014
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is THE game. Going on three years since its release, I'm still finding new things to do, and I've dropped almost 200 hours into this game (and I don't regret it one bit). The world is huge and beautiful, and full of hidden treasures and things to do. There are so many ways to play that you will never replay the game the same way twice. And talking to yourThe Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is THE game. Going on three years since its release, I'm still finding new things to do, and I've dropped almost 200 hours into this game (and I don't regret it one bit). The world is huge and beautiful, and full of hidden treasures and things to do. There are so many ways to play that you will never replay the game the same way twice. And talking to your friends about it and finding out about their experiences with the game makes for a fun conversation. The game is the perfect fantasy RPG in every way, shape and form and will definitely being going down in the video game Hall of Fame. Expand
  7. May 26, 2014
    This game is Amazing. The story is epic, the game play is great. Also the feel of if u see it u can go their is awesome. The open world feels alive and there r no invisible wall and no hand holding. BUY THIS GAME!!
  8. Jun 23, 2014
    Was writing some pretty negative reviews, so I thought I would just say, I don't like fantasy games, but this was the best game of all time. If you haven't played it yet, your missing out
  9. Mar 31, 2016
    Defo one of the best Elder Scrolls games of all. Hell one of the best games of all time. It manages to do what Morrowind and Oblivion did so well and introduces more. They say any game with Dragons is an awesome game but this goes so much further.
  10. Jul 14, 2014
    Possibly the greatest RPG of all time? I think it probably is for the foreseeable future. I'm writing this review after replaying it a lot and I had forgot that this game came out in 2011. Still magnificent to behold, a rich and deep world that feels a much more real place than Cyrodil (Taking nothing away from Oblivion of course!).
    I feel there isn't much that needs to be said other than
    I feel there isn't much that needs to be said other than if you have ever enjoyed a game with swords, dragons, magic or robbing people blind, play Skyrim.
  11. Jul 20, 2014
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim might just be the best RPG of all time. Heck, it IS the best, In every aspect. The world is as stunning as it is massive, the combat is great, the voice acting's pretty good, and it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to completely run out of things to do. You can help people, hunt, kill monsters, find a powerful relic, start a family, and change the course of this massiveThe Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim might just be the best RPG of all time. Heck, it IS the best, In every aspect. The world is as stunning as it is massive, the combat is great, the voice acting's pretty good, and it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to completely run out of things to do. You can help people, hunt, kill monsters, find a powerful relic, start a family, and change the course of this massive world's history. Quite honestly, if you are a massive fan of the genre, ( Like I am!) it is massively difficult to pick out something wrong with the game as a whole. The gaming industry has been forever changed by Skyrim. Expand
  12. Jul 20, 2014
    This game is HUGE (Open world) it's combat system is fun. Has lots to do, and improving your skills is more than just leveling up. If you sneak your sneak improves. The best RPG EVER. It's my favorite game of all time.
  13. Jul 27, 2014
    All I can say to this game is... WOW. Bethesda Softworks blew fans away with this game. From plundering an evil dungeon, to murdering a civilian by candlelight, this is a MASTERPIECE. The graphics are absolutely amazing, and since its an RPG, its your game. You can be honorable, and live to your word, or even a sneaky assassin. The story line is incredible and the DLC make it even better.All I can say to this game is... WOW. Bethesda Softworks blew fans away with this game. From plundering an evil dungeon, to murdering a civilian by candlelight, this is a MASTERPIECE. The graphics are absolutely amazing, and since its an RPG, its your game. You can be honorable, and live to your word, or even a sneaky assassin. The story line is incredible and the DLC make it even better. BUY THIS GAME Expand
  14. Jul 23, 2014
    This is easily a game that can absorb alot of your time and you can play it two or three times over and there is literally so much in this game that every time you play it feels different. This is the only game I have ever played that actually makes you feel like there are no boundaries. You look at the landscape and there are massive jagged peaks far in the distance across rolling plainsThis is easily a game that can absorb alot of your time and you can play it two or three times over and there is literally so much in this game that every time you play it feels different. This is the only game I have ever played that actually makes you feel like there are no boundaries. You look at the landscape and there are massive jagged peaks far in the distance across rolling plains and the best part about it is that this is in most cases not some generated background as it is in most games. You can actually go explore those mountains. The map is massive and some of the most exciting part of the game is seriously traversing from one town to another. This is one of those games everybody should play once or thrice:) Expand
  15. Jul 30, 2014
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is a must have for any RPG fan. There are tons of quests to do and lots of land to explore. All the side quests are very good but the main quest line has a little dullness to it. The graphics and scenery are beautiful but some of the environment can be a little dark and dirty. The music in the game is absolutely amazing and I love listening to it all throughoutThe Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is a must have for any RPG fan. There are tons of quests to do and lots of land to explore. All the side quests are very good but the main quest line has a little dullness to it. The graphics and scenery are beautiful but some of the environment can be a little dark and dirty. The music in the game is absolutely amazing and I love listening to it all throughout my adventure. Character customization is one of the best in any RPG; you can literally play any type of character you want, and you can switch playing styles at any point without making a new character. This is one of the most fun and adventurous games that I have ever played. It’s simply amazing. Expand
  16. Aug 11, 2014
    Skyrim, The fifth Elder Scrolls game............And one of the best video games ever created, EVER. The exploration was very fun and even better using the Dragonborn DLC which makes the game 20x better. The fighting was simple yet funny, and Easter eggs were a fun thing to come across. The other two DLC's (Hearthfire & Dawnguard) added a touch of danger to the game, vampiresSkyrim, The fifth Elder Scrolls game............And one of the best video games ever created, EVER. The exploration was very fun and even better using the Dragonborn DLC which makes the game 20x better. The fighting was simple yet funny, and Easter eggs were a fun thing to come across. The other two DLC's (Hearthfire & Dawnguard) added a touch of danger to the game, vampires --->Dawnguard/ and living on the edge ---> Hearthfire..........The game made no mistake. Thank you Bethesda Softworks for the great game. Expand
  17. Aug 17, 2014
    10/10 Skyrim is not a game to be missed. In fact, Skyrim is more than a game, it is an experience. Skyrim mixes an interesting story with excellent gameplay and a wide variety of side quests, characters and items. I loved using my shouts and know that I will be pumping in hundreds more hours into this masterpiece.
  18. Aug 19, 2014
    I do not know what is wrong with the PS3 version but I am glad I played it on the Xbox because it is an amazing experience to even watch someone else play this game. Fantastic game and a must play for everyone!
  19. Sep 23, 2014
    This game incorporates every single element that diversifies a game and brings it up front for all to experience. The joy I've had with this game is immense and no other will be quite like it. The graphics are incredible for the time of release, the gameplay is excellent with plenty of varied things you must do to succeed. An open world setting is difficult to perfect, but, as usual,This game incorporates every single element that diversifies a game and brings it up front for all to experience. The joy I've had with this game is immense and no other will be quite like it. The graphics are incredible for the time of release, the gameplay is excellent with plenty of varied things you must do to succeed. An open world setting is difficult to perfect, but, as usual, Bethesda has revolutionized the genre with this entry. Happy dragon-slaying, fellow Dovahkiins. Fus...Ro Dah! Expand
  20. Oct 27, 2014
    So, So,So, So,So, So,So, So,So, So,So, So,So, So,So, So,So, So,So, So, SO, good! Makes other games look silly and completely gets away with a fairly repetitive mission structure by being so darn immersive.
  21. Jun 24, 2015
    This game is worth it on Xbox360, PC, and now PS3. It is the best game ever. Its even the Greatest Hits. Its definitely a "Must Play" game. It also has very good reviews Like 10/10, 9.5/10, 9/10, 5/5, 4.5/5, to me its definitely a 10/10, it earns a very good score. it also won over 200 GOTY awards and its also a GOTY on 2011, its also the best game of all time. If you haven't played.This game is worth it on Xbox360, PC, and now PS3. It is the best game ever. Its even the Greatest Hits. Its definitely a "Must Play" game. It also has very good reviews Like 10/10, 9.5/10, 9/10, 5/5, 4.5/5, to me its definitely a 10/10, it earns a very good score. it also won over 200 GOTY awards and its also a GOTY on 2011, its also the best game of all time. If you haven't played. You got to do it now. Its those games you MUST play before you die. Its a 400 hours game. Its amazing. Its fantastic. The problem is it still does lags a little bit but not so much as the old days, and plus it doesn't crash anymore. Its one of those fighting, RPG, and kind of like fantasy, medieval, and Viking times. Its really good. You should play this game NOW. Expand
  22. Nov 4, 2014
    Skyrim is an amazing open world game which offers the player beautiful visuals, intriguing creatures, and an amazing storyline. Skyrim is able to keep its player in for hours on end.
  23. Nov 9, 2014
    Skyrim is not an ordinary video game the only places this game stumbles is in its glitches and story telling. Its dynamic enough to suit any player and theres so much to do you will probably never find a reason to stop playing skyrim.
  24. Nov 14, 2014
    Fantastic game. In my top 3 games of all time. The world scale, skills, spells, story, vista views, and music score add up to a game no one should miss regardless of platform.
    Get this game and every official DLC. You will spend 100s of hours immersed in the world of northern Tamriel and thoroughly enjoy it.
  25. Dec 30, 2014
    This is the funnest game i have ever played it is a super good game if you don't have it you have to get it and it a 10 out of 10. This game also has a great graphics probably best of its time. you have to get it.
  26. May 17, 2015
    I mean really, how can you say no to Skyrim. You got a ton of choices how do you want to play this game. After you finish the game, you just can't stop. Thiefs guild, companions and millions of other things to do. Well deserved 10/10.
  27. Jan 22, 2015
    I hated skyrim at first BUT GIVE IT A CHANCE. Seriously. I did not like this game but after watching my cousin playing it bc i wouldn't. I started to find that this game is a masterpiece after watching my cousin kill the first dragon i was hooked. I started to play and we switched turns when someone died. Massive world, awesome fiction world that has a whole lot of ancient mythicalI hated skyrim at first BUT GIVE IT A CHANCE. Seriously. I did not like this game but after watching my cousin playing it bc i wouldn't. I started to find that this game is a masterpiece after watching my cousin kill the first dragon i was hooked. I started to play and we switched turns when someone died. Massive world, awesome fiction world that has a whole lot of ancient mythical creatures and gods. This game has so much to do! very fun, very addictive. Expand
  28. Jan 28, 2015
    Skyrim is the best game Ive ever played. Its been out for about four years now and im still playing it. I dont know how anyone could write a bad review about this game. Honestly, i keep waiting for another RPG to come out that compares or is better but unfortunately has not happend. Dragon Age-Fail, Witcher-Fail, Fallout and Farcry-Actually I like Fallout and the Farcry series but thereSkyrim is the best game Ive ever played. Its been out for about four years now and im still playing it. I dont know how anyone could write a bad review about this game. Honestly, i keep waiting for another RPG to come out that compares or is better but unfortunately has not happend. Dragon Age-Fail, Witcher-Fail, Fallout and Farcry-Actually I like Fallout and the Farcry series but there still not as good as Skyrim. As a matter of fact I only just created this account today so i could set the record straight about Dragon Age: Inquisition (second worst game ive ever played). I digress, Skyrim is, put simply, the best game you can buy and has been for four years. Expand
  29. Feb 23, 2015
    It is not often I get lost in a game like I did with Skyrim. Everything about this game is adventurous. While Bethesda hasn't exactly got a track record for delivering bug-free games at launch, this has been a pleasant, polished and amazing experience so far.
  30. Feb 21, 2015
    Skyrim has to be my favorite game of all time! When it first came out, I didn't play it. I had never played an Elder Scrolls game, and thought that the series sucked though I knew nothing about it. However, after just sitting down and watching it unfold I realized just how amazing the amount of detail and advanced AI was put into this game. I've logged months of play time on at least 40Skyrim has to be my favorite game of all time! When it first came out, I didn't play it. I had never played an Elder Scrolls game, and thought that the series sucked though I knew nothing about it. However, after just sitting down and watching it unfold I realized just how amazing the amount of detail and advanced AI was put into this game. I've logged months of play time on at least 40 different profiles, each vastly different from the other. Every time I play this game I find something new, something not encountered on my other plays, be it a hidden boss or random encounter. I will continue to enjoy this superb games for years to come, even as its graphics continue to age and the time between the release of the Elder Scrolls Online and the Elder Scrolls 6 is nearer than ever before. Expand

1. Feb 6, 2012
    This epic role-playing game might be Bethesda's best game yet, and offers an unique and spectacular world filled with fun. The freedom ensures a great experience for both the casual and hardcore gamer, as you're free to play the game how you like.
  2. Dec 16, 2011
    Skyrim is the largest, and most compelling work that I've had the opportunity to play this year. It's engaging, engrossing, and will take over your gaming life for many months to come. Not only is Skyrim among the best that 2011 has to offer, but for me, this is, without hesitation, the Game of the Year.
  3. Dec 16, 2011