8.5

1. Apr 18, 2012
    Ok, where do I begin? Great game, really entertaining, good graphics, tons of quests to do, plenty of customization, long but doesn't get you tired of it. Loved it.
  2. Nov 17, 2011
    Wow ... what can I say... This game is Huge!!! I have always loved the Elder Scrolls games, but I stayed away from Oblivion, cause I just didn't have the time to be sucked into a game so vast like this, but I said what the hell and got Skyrim. I wasn't let down. Their is so damn much to do in this game like all Elder Scroll games it's just mind blowing! the graphics are great, and so far IWow ... what can I say... This game is Huge!!! I have always loved the Elder Scrolls games, but I stayed away from Oblivion, cause I just didn't have the time to be sucked into a game so vast like this, but I said what the hell and got Skyrim. I wasn't let down. Their is so damn much to do in this game like all Elder Scroll games it's just mind blowing! the graphics are great, and so far I have not had any problems with the battle system, I love stealing everything and pickpocketing people. It's just a whole lot fun wrapped up in a box full of awesome! Expand
  3. Dec 11, 2011
    I was going to wait until I finished to review but since I will evidently never finish I decided to do it now. This game is far superior to Oblivion in my view, there is tons to do and the stories for the side-quests rival the main plot-lines of most games. There are quite a few bugs but mostly they have been fairly minor and easy to overcome. As with any game so large it is difficult toI was going to wait until I finished to review but since I will evidently never finish I decided to do it now. This game is far superior to Oblivion in my view, there is tons to do and the stories for the side-quests rival the main plot-lines of most games. There are quite a few bugs but mostly they have been fairly minor and easy to overcome. As with any game so large it is difficult to avoid at least some glitches. Doing away with Oblivion's difficulty scaling was a fantastic decision. Hours of fun to be had. Expand
  4. Dec 31, 2011
    Having put over 100 hours into this game and completed most (if not all) major quest lines, I feel that I can write an honest review about this game. Everyone knows that Skyrim is THE biggest game of the year (fans or haters), there's truly no denying it. Although saying this for myself, I found the game getting extremely boring 40 - 50 hours in. Once the main storyline and the 3 obviousHaving put over 100 hours into this game and completed most (if not all) major quest lines, I feel that I can write an honest review about this game. Everyone knows that Skyrim is THE biggest game of the year (fans or haters), there's truly no denying it. Although saying this for myself, I found the game getting extremely boring 40 - 50 hours in. Once the main storyline and the 3 obvious side lines, the game just becomes too repetitive. All misc missions seem to carry the seem pattern and the dragon attacks, although highly hyped about before the game was released, become extremely annoying and tedious.

Don't get me wrong, the game is simply AMAZING. The wide open world with amazing scenery, interesting stories and awesome combat, I just can't help overlook the flaws of the games. And there are loads. Glitches are really the major enemy of any game of this size. It happened in fallout: New Vegas, it happens in battlefield, it is just something that can't be ignored. I have encountered many glitches in my time playing from minor graphical glitches to game breaking glitches costing me over 5 - 10 hours of game play.

All-in-all, the game is amazing, gets fairly boring quickly and has its fair share of glitches. A definite game to play but just be prepared for it.
  5. Nov 12, 2011
    I honestly wasn't a fan of oblivion, the other elder scrolls games or other games in this genre, but this game is amazing, it takes the good parts of both oblivion and fallout and puts it all into one excellent package, the graphics have been much improved, the combat feels a lot better and the dragons are beautiful. One thing that bugs me is that it's harder to kill a troll or a giantI honestly wasn't a fan of oblivion, the other elder scrolls games or other games in this genre, but this game is amazing, it takes the good parts of both oblivion and fallout and puts it all into one excellent package, the graphics have been much improved, the combat feels a lot better and the dragons are beautiful. One thing that bugs me is that it's harder to kill a troll or a giant than it is to kill a dragon, which makes no sense, but that's just a minor problem really, I can't put the game down. Expand
  6. Nov 13, 2011
    Excellent game that is huge, rewarding and fun to play. I was surprised at how well written the smallest of side quests are and how even the most mundane looking cave has something interesting going on if you take the time to sneak and listen in on conversations.

Graphics vary from epic outside views to detailed interiors and it all fits together really well, but transitioning from inside to out means loading screens. However, they are not too long and always have some interesting info on them.

Voice acting is excellent and varied while conversations are interesting. It seems everyone has something to say and many of the side quests are found simply by talking to people (and it seems most people need your help).

Crafting is also great fun allowing you to construct and enchant your own weapons and armour and make use of items which you would have just sold.

All in all its a great game. There are some small bugs but nothing game killing.
  7. Nov 11, 2011
    While it is buggy at times, the animations might be a bit stiff, and sometimes the UI is unresponsive, it is still one of the best games I have played in years.
  8. CCR
    Nov 11, 2011
    What else can be said that everyone else isn't already saying... It's truly a great game. There seems to be a couple of glitches here and there, but they will get patched in time. I know it shouldn't be an excuse, but with everything that has been done right in this game, I will give them a pass for now! The world is beautiful and the story so far has kept me interested. I can't waitWhat else can be said that everyone else isn't already saying... It's truly a great game. There seems to be a couple of glitches here and there, but they will get patched in time. I know it shouldn't be an excuse, but with everything that has been done right in this game, I will give them a pass for now! The world is beautiful and the story so far has kept me interested. I can't wait to get some more time with the game after work to stomp around and get lost in the world creating my own story and making my hero who I want him to be. The leveling up seems pretty great, a lot to take in at first due to the sheer amount of perks available, but once you play with it and dive in you can tell it was made for the player in mind who wanted absolute control over customization. Run-on sentences aside, if you are on the fence about this game, go out and buy it, you will enjoy it for years to come. Expand
  9. Nov 11, 2011
    Fun and full game from what I've played thus far. Can't believe how big this world is and how it the game allows you to do whatever you want, or head to continue the story if you want. Now that's freedom for you, especially for a game of this magnitude it's refreshing!
  10. Nov 11, 2011
    Every game released in the past year has just been a filler. This is the game we all have been waiting so long for. Everything from the previous game has been refined and tuned to make one of the greatest RPG experiences to date. For every one thing Bethesda did right in this game, it did 100 things even righter. Visuals, sound, game play; what can be said about this game that has notEvery game released in the past year has just been a filler. This is the game we all have been waiting so long for. Everything from the previous game has been refined and tuned to make one of the greatest RPG experiences to date. For every one thing Bethesda did right in this game, it did 100 things even righter. Visuals, sound, game play; what can be said about this game that has not already been said? Expand
  11. Nov 11, 2011
    Amazing game. One point off because the menu system took a huge step backwards. Tons of stuff to do, looks great, load times kind of long but not too annoying. Worth it.
  12. Nov 11, 2011
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is everything I wanted Oblivion to be: fun and addicting. Right away, I knew that Skyrim was a game that I'm willing to put many hours into. I personally disliked Oblivion and Fallout 3 because of the lack of appeal and the easy difficulty respectively.

I have only put around 3 hours of gameplay time into Skyrim and not 1 minute of those 3 hours did I feel frustrated, bored or disappointed, Skyrim is one of those rare specimens that appear once every few years that grabs your attention and refuses to let go.

In my experience, I have not yet encountered any bugs or glitches, just minor 2 second pauses when the world is loading, but it happens extremely infrequently.

Overall, my gaming experience with Skyrim has been one of the best in a long time, the reason why it does not get a score of a 10 is because I think a "10" means a "perfect game" and to be honest, no such thing exists; do not expect to ever see me give a 10, even a 9 from me is rather rare but Skyrim deserves that much.

If you're in the least curious about the game, do yourself a huge favour and go get it. If you like fantasy action RPGs, go get two copies and play them at the same time.

Is the game worth £42? Yes.

~Cy
  13. Nov 11, 2011
    Absolutely gorgeous game with a lot of work put into it by the good people at Bethesda. It is an immersing experience and the customization options are incredible. It's a game full of quests and enemies to keep you busy while not being overbearing. Of course a game this size will have it's share of graphical issues and small bugs, but nothing too serious. The one and only reason I don'tAbsolutely gorgeous game with a lot of work put into it by the good people at Bethesda. It is an immersing experience and the customization options are incredible. It's a game full of quests and enemies to keep you busy while not being overbearing. Of course a game this size will have it's share of graphical issues and small bugs, but nothing too serious. The one and only reason I don't give this game a 10 is that I'm not a big fantasy genre fan, if I was I'd give this game a solid 10 though. Expand
  14. Nov 22, 2011
    I've already given my s cents worth about Skyrim but the naysayers are really getting on my nerves! The xtreme fanboys too, but that's a different. Admittedly the game is flawed, in my opinion its not worth of 10 because it is flawed but just because its not a 10 doesn't mean its not kick ass. The numerical score is primarily a quantified analysis of all the technical parts of a productI've already given my s cents worth about Skyrim but the naysayers are really getting on my nerves! The xtreme fanboys too, but that's a different. Admittedly the game is flawed, in my opinion its not worth of 10 because it is flawed but just because its not a 10 doesn't mean its not kick ass. The numerical score is primarily a quantified analysis of all the technical parts of a product and yes skyrim has flaws but where it excels beyond anything else is in the intangible, unquantifiable realm of fun! Where else do you get so much freedom, so many surprises, so much satisfaction from a melee battle, so much pride in crafting a killer legendary elven sword with 40 points of fire damage and faster health regen to boot? Man, you guys who are dismissing this game for its minor flaws like the poor UI and the myriad of non-game-breaking glitches are just wasting too much time complaining and not enough to immersing in the game world. Those with crash issues have my sympathies but I for one haven't had the game crash even once in the 60 odd hours of play already clocked in. I agree that while pat bethesda's back for delivering on the promises as well as they have we should still be reminding them of where they should have done better but we cannot ignore the fact that there is nothing, nothing at all out there, no not even dark souls, that can match Skyrim for the sheer exhilaration and enjoyment it provides. I finished demon Souls and loved it, i played dark souls for two hours have haven't been back to it since i got my ass handed to me by a bunch of skeletons for the 300th time a month ago. I fail to see the point of making a game so difficult that instead of learning to beat it you are taught to abandon it all together because end of the day its a silly game, a virtual world, a non-existent foe. You play games to relax, to unwind, not to becoming enraged to the point that Dark Souls drive you to. I'm sure its a brilliant game and if i had the free time on my hands a much smaller share of real-life problems that every adult has i might still be plodding along through it one death at a time, but i have skyrim instead that makes it difficult enough for me to kill a dragon so that it is extremely satisfying to finally kill it on the 5th try but doesn't make those initial failure so painful that i lose all desires to hedge my visual stakes in the games world. To all those who enjoy dark souls or whatever, good luck to ya and kudos but don't give skyrim retardedly low scores just because you prefer other games. Any one with a modicum of fairness would give skyrim a higher than average (6+) score because if nothing else the effort put in must be appreciated. Everyone failing to that is being unfair and unjust and should be completely disregarded by anyone actually reading these reviews to decide whether the game is worth buying. Expand
  15. Nov 12, 2011
    Great game, and an incredible RPG, incredible depth to your character and the world, i spend literally two and a half hours in and around the first town just looking at and exploring nearby places and completing the odd miscellaneous quest. But after i eventually prised myself from Riverwood i eventually came across an incredible open world with some astonishing vistas, with a multitude ofGreat game, and an incredible RPG, incredible depth to your character and the world, i spend literally two and a half hours in and around the first town just looking at and exploring nearby places and completing the odd miscellaneous quest. But after i eventually prised myself from Riverwood i eventually came across an incredible open world with some astonishing vistas, with a multitude of locations beside the main cities. Graphically Skyrim is much improved coming of the back of Fallout and Oblivion and are really very good for a world of this size and scope and animations are much improved making 3rd person play bare able without laughing (however personally i still think 1st person is better). The NPC interactions are also much improved with the biggest improvement been the most minor in the way that everything doesn't freeze during a conversation and they can be pulled out of at anytime, however there are a lot of other improvements that just overall make the NPC's feel a lot more realistic, but they can sometimes be a stupid during combat, for example throwing their personal safety out the window and decide they want to be Rambo and begin a full scale charge toward you, not to mention sometimes hitting each other when in combat, but these are minor and don't really spoil the game, is at all. Gameplay wise its excellent, although i understand complaints about the Oblivion like combat, but it fits in nicely to the game and the VATS style finishers look rather cool Expand
  16. Nov 12, 2011
    Great game, although a lot of issues out of the gate, some things the same as Oblivion but overall fresh and new, I would say it's the best RPG I've ever played, but it's not perfect. still it deserves props for it's extensive and unlimited replay value and story.
  17. Nov 13, 2011
    I highly recommend this game. It is very engrossing and intuitive and just plain fantastic. The level of immersion is very good and getting sucked into the world is very easy. The combat is fun and magic is amazing to use. Graphics are really good and overall this game just rocks.
  18. Nov 13, 2011
    What a fantastic game! the huge wait has been more than worth it, it looks amazing, it sounds fantastic, and the score....as always is just epic! it has got minor faults as do all game these days, but the overall experience is just mind blowing, i cant wait to spend over 200 hours on another ES game! defo worth a buy, defo worth a 9/10 score!
  19. Nov 13, 2011
    Elder scrolls noob but 6 hours in I'm hooked, well worth a go, even if this type of game isn't your norm! Glad I got rid of mw3 for this! The story and quests so far have been interesting and not the usual 'fetch this' dull ones from games past.
  20. Nov 25, 2011
    This is my first Elder Scrolls game and i say it really good, offers hours and even days of fun. Complete character customization, weapon and armor customization, and even make and enchant your own weapons and equipments. Skyrim offers a grand wide map for players to adventure and explore. The battle system works great, dragon battles is so much fun, the music in the background matches theThis is my first Elder Scrolls game and i say it really good, offers hours and even days of fun. Complete character customization, weapon and armor customization, and even make and enchant your own weapons and equipments. Skyrim offers a grand wide map for players to adventure and explore. The battle system works great, dragon battles is so much fun, the music in the background matches the scene perfectly. There are factions to join and a civil war that needs you to end it. The are some glitches and bugs but a game like would contain some inevitable bugs. The only thing that i pull this game down to a 9 for me is that the companion AIs are sometime being very stupid and dumb. Most of the time while im exploring, i often have to look back to see if my companion is still following me or does he/she wander somewhere else. Other than that, this game offers alot of fun and is definitely worth your money. Expand
  21. Nov 13, 2011
    My favourite game, only one problem is that I'm having a bit of trouble with this glitch that causes the first option to be chosen when speaking to anyone, even if I have a different option highlighted.
    However, this game is extraoridinary graphically, the gameplay is smooth and in-depth, and it is very realistic as far as stealing something in plain sight as opposed to stealing something behind closed doors...
    Conversation is excellent, the voice acting is wonderful, and combat is fluid and addicting. I highly reccomend this game to anyone and everyone looking for adventure in Tamriel!
  22. Nov 13, 2011
    Aside from an occasional glitch and game freeze (understandable for a game this size; future title updates should fix remaining issues) Skyrim soars in every area it attempts: combat, story & side quests, loot, and exploration of a breathtaking world. If I must find a complaint I would say more tutorials for understanding the various professions- alchemy, enchanting, etc.
  23. Nov 13, 2011
    This game is absolutely amazing. The graphics are amazing, the game play is superb, and the new leveling system is by far better then old one. The new leveling system really lets you customize your character to your play style. Interactions with NPCs are also more organic and actually make the NPCs feel like real people. In addition the soundtrack is one of the best I have ever heard for aThis game is absolutely amazing. The graphics are amazing, the game play is superb, and the new leveling system is by far better then old one. The new leveling system really lets you customize your character to your play style. Interactions with NPCs are also more organic and actually make the NPCs feel like real people. In addition the soundtrack is one of the best I have ever heard for a game. Bethesda has really out done themselves and Skyrim is major contender for GOTY. I highly recommend this game. Expand
  24. Nov 14, 2011
    Skyrim is all my wildest dreams come true. I didn't play too much of Oblivion (or any other Elder Scrolls games) to know exactly how it worked as far as game play is concerned, but the fact I can shoot fire out of my left hand and use an iron mace in my right hand, fighting bandits, creatures, and even dragons, is something that gets me excited. As only having the 360 to play it on, I amSkyrim is all my wildest dreams come true. I didn't play too much of Oblivion (or any other Elder Scrolls games) to know exactly how it worked as far as game play is concerned, but the fact I can shoot fire out of my left hand and use an iron mace in my right hand, fighting bandits, creatures, and even dragons, is something that gets me excited. As only having the 360 to play it on, I am probably a little cheated on how great the scenery could be, but it is amazing, coming from the bleak, barren landscapes of Fallout 3 and New Vegas. The story is pretty good, although I thought the beginning was a little predictable, the dragon coming a the exact moment you were to be executed, but the escape sequence was pretty cool. The choice of classes is great, something Fallout doesn't provide, so there is a more specialized pattern of abilities and traits that I am capable of obtaining, and it gives me reason to go back and play this game again after I beat it, as another class. All in all, a very solid game. Although I am only about 5 hours into it, I can say this is one of the best open-world RPG games I have played in a while, and definitely a much needed break from the Fallout series. Expand
  25. Nov 14, 2011
    love this game apart from ,ive unlock 4 words for my shout, 2 are working fine but the onther 2 are not ,as ive kiled 7 more dragons and the shouts are not working
  26. Nov 14, 2011
    An amazing improvement to Oblivion. Not only did Bethesda use an improved graphics engine, but they have fixed most of the issues we´ve had with the past instalment. The story is great from start to finish, and will last you a decent ammount time. The side quests are enjoyable and actually worth doing this time around. Leveling up your char has also been improved with the newAn amazing improvement to Oblivion. Not only did Bethesda use an improved graphics engine, but they have fixed most of the issues we´ve had with the past instalment. The story is great from start to finish, and will last you a decent ammount time. The side quests are enjoyable and actually worth doing this time around. Leveling up your char has also been improved with the new perk sistem similar to fallout 3. Interaction with npc´s is now more fluid due to the fact that you have full control over the camera, unlike previous Bethesda games where the camera would aim directly at the npc and no movment was possible. New entries such as dual casting are a very welcome addition to the Elder Scrolls games. The music is beautiful, as in all Bethesda games. And the scenery and the world of Skyrim is simply magnificent. Over all, there are at least 100-200 hours of entertaining gameplay.

But, unfortunetly, this game has its flaws. Yes, some of the bugs have been corrected, but not all.
    Theres texture popping all the time, some frame rate issues, and the deaths are glitchy as hell. Also, the meele combat still feels a bit to "floaty" for my liking, seeing as there is no recoil after hitting an enemy and it felt as though I was swinging through air. Also, i found several problems with the camera from time to time, especially in closed inviroments. I also found several glitches in the open fields, while going up the mountains especialy. But, all in all, this is a fantastic game and its a ride worth taking. In my humble opinion, the best Bethesda game yet.
  27. Nov 21, 2011
    To say Skyrim is a massive game would be an understatement. I have put around 50 hours into this fantastic piece of work and I feel i have only scratched the surface of this wonderfully crafted world. Bethesda was able to take the best components of Oblivion and Fallout 3 and combine them into one while leaving most(but not all) annoyances at the door. The visuals are outstanding, theTo say Skyrim is a massive game would be an understatement. I have put around 50 hours into this fantastic piece of work and I feel i have only scratched the surface of this wonderfully crafted world. Bethesda was able to take the best components of Oblivion and Fallout 3 and combine them into one while leaving most(but not all) annoyances at the door. The visuals are outstanding, the amount of content can feel overwhelming at times but in a good way, the combat is much impoved over Oblivions clunky swinging at air style. Magic spells also perform much better, you can be shooting an enemy with flames from one hand while attacking them with your sword from the other at the same time. Any combination of two you can think of is possible and the favorites menu lets you swap fighting styles with ease any time you want. Skyrim isnt without flaws though the load times are often and sometimes long and enemies may float in the air from time to time but these minor bugs dont bring the game down enough to matter. If your looking for a game to occupy your time for the next say 100's of hours? Skyrim is your pick, distinguishing Skyrims world from your own may become a problem, but dont say i didnt warn you. Expand
  28. Nov 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This truly is a great game,but you have to look past some flaws. the game suffers from long load times, very long in some cases. Animations are great, when they work, they often get spoiled by some bad AI( which thankfully does not translate to bad enemy AI, but it also needs some fine tuning). Auto saving becomes an issue when it doesn't save enough and if you die you are sent back to the beginning of a 5-10 minute trip. Textures aren't high quality when close up by any means. render distances get annoying when in an open area and being able to see grass "grow" ahead of you. Also some small issues, like mammoths flying in the air, and 3rd person issues (like usual). But don't let those deter you from this amazing game with very fun gameplay. The combat is very nice and actually provides excitement when fighting a dragon or boss and gives you a sense of accomplishment when you have won. The death animations the play are very nice and gruesome, though they often "break". The game, while frustrating, manages to be very rewarding. Somehow even after dying 2 times on an already 10 minute trip, once you reach your destination, the game still manages to feel rewarding. The plot, while at time generic, can add a fun "backbone" to the game. The music is beautifully compose and works well with the mood of the story. The RPG element takes a que from some complaints of Oblivion and offers a very dynamic experience. Every weapon/armor/ability/etc. you use will level up independently, once enough of those levels are reached then you level up giving you the choice to increase your magica/health/stamina. Also with every level up you unlock more points to spend on your "skill trees/constellation" these are specific to individual abilities and give you various advantages. This is a very simple mechanic and makes it so you don't have to spend hours buried in menus. Overall this game gets a 9 because its cons add up to a sometimes frustrating, but very fun experience. Expand
  29. Nov 15, 2011
    In one word: superb:)
    Yes, the game has it's bugs, glitches and somewhat low resolution textures (xbox360)... after my game started I was bitterly disappointed with graphics, until the gaming actually started:) and suddenly they didn't matter anymore:)
    In one word: superb:)
    If sandbox, rpg, free-rein games are your cup of tea, if you dream about killing dragons, swinging massive 2handers or burning your enemies with flames, lightning or ice this IS game you were waiting for...
    Amazing
  30. Nov 16, 2011
    This game is very hard to review, because if i were to review it part by part instead of as a whole i think i would get a bad review. Its a game with tons of glitches but if you can look passed them you will find a masterpiece of a game. I have played it like 30 hrs and have done absolutely nothing other than explore lol. This game also has some of the best music iv hard in a video game ,This game is very hard to review, because if i were to review it part by part instead of as a whole i think i would get a bad review. Its a game with tons of glitches but if you can look passed them you will find a masterpiece of a game. I have played it like 30 hrs and have done absolutely nothing other than explore lol. This game also has some of the best music iv hard in a video game , and it aint hard on the eyes either . Fighting up close is improved but it still feels weird but this game is more about exploration. Its not perfect but do yourselves a favor and give a shot, you wont be disappointed Expand

1. Feb 6, 2012
    This epic role-playing game might be Bethesda's best game yet, and offers an unique and spectacular world filled with fun. The freedom ensures a great experience for both the casual and hardcore gamer, as you're free to play the game how you like.
  2. Dec 16, 2011
    Skyrim is the largest, and most compelling work that I've had the opportunity to play this year. It's engaging, engrossing, and will take over your gaming life for many months to come. Not only is Skyrim among the best that 2011 has to offer, but for me, this is, without hesitation, the Game of the Year.
  3. Dec 16, 2011