8.9

1. Jun 28, 2014
    Been a "gamer" for probably 3 years now and I am always looking for great games to play. I'm through with all the current and several-year-old games that interest me and based on the awesome ratings, both old and relatively new, this game was next on my radar. The main game here is Half-life 2 and,while I definitely see why, in 2004 when this was released or even in 2007 when released onBeen a "gamer" for probably 3 years now and I am always looking for great games to play. I'm through with all the current and several-year-old games that interest me and based on the awesome ratings, both old and relatively new, this game was next on my radar. The main game here is Half-life 2 and,while I definitely see why, in 2004 when this was released or even in 2007 when released on XBox, this game was so highly praised, it is clearly outdated today.
    The story itself is very, very slow starting and overall quite weak; which in itself isn't a dealbreaker for me as some of my favorite games have weak stories (Skyrim anyone), but add to this the game mechanics are very 2004 (actually they kind of remind me of the original King's Quest on PC) and you have a game that is neither interesting nor overly enjoyable.

In 2014 buyer beware.
  2. Oct 23, 2011
    Let me start off by saying that I agree with those who are saying that The Orange Box is a deal - 5 games in a case. Yeah but these games are just terrible. Team Fortress 2 makes for one of the worst online FPS I've played. The gameplay reminds of Q3 arena but with no fun in it + it is impossible to play this game on a console(it is an okay PC game however) Then, there is Portal. It has 19Let me start off by saying that I agree with those who are saying that The Orange Box is a deal - 5 games in a case. Yeah but these games are just terrible. Team Fortress 2 makes for one of the worst online FPS I've played. The gameplay reminds of Q3 arena but with no fun in it + it is impossible to play this game on a console(it is an okay PC game however) Then, there is Portal. It has 19 and the ending part(would be a spoiler), but all of these chambers are not challenging at all!!! The game takes around an hour to complete! Chambers are not creative compared to what could be done and it's too easy, but you always have to listen that annoying GlaDos. Finally there is Half Life 2 and both add-ons/expansions for it(episode 1 and 2) I found both, the original Half-Life 2 and the Episode 1 to be extremely boring, the plot was awful and, i usually dont mind when the main protagonist is mute, but in this game he NEEDS to speak. Episode 2 was better, i'd even say i liked it, and it was the only good time i had with Orange Box. People are saying it's 5 games for 60$(at launch) , while it is more like 2 games(TF2 and HL2) with 2 add-ons(Episode 1 and 2) and a Mini-game(Portal) IMO it isn't worth 60$ even for 2007, however I picked it up for 9.99$ so I don't feel so bad. Collapse
  3. declankent
    Oct 25, 2008
    The game is way to hyped up because it's simply a bunch of oldskool games that have been slightly tweaked so they have better graphics and a little bit of new content. It's worth it if u want to muck about with ur mates but otherwise it's like replaying your old Xbox games so why pay £40 for a Rooster update? Is there there really any point?
    (P.S Valve Is Dead. It
    (P.S Valve Is Dead. It has been for a long time)
  4. FredB.
    Jun 28, 2008
    This game has poor graphics for a XBOX360 game and poor taste. It appeals to little teenagers though.
  5. Mathiasthing
    Jun 9, 2008
    just because it's three games for one game's price does'nt mean it has to get sky high ratings. yeah portal was a new type of puzzle-game (that i liked) but that's no reason for me to rate it 10. because(call me insane) i never liked half life and team fortress two sucked! so.. portal: 10 half life 2 ep.2: 3 team fortress 2: -10.
  6. BRYANBRICENO
    Dec 10, 2007
    how the fuck did this box game beat halo 3 wtf!! WHO EVER VOTED FOR THIS GAME SUCKS CHIPS ROTTEN DICK.and this dont even look like a game..that stick figured picture on the cover looks like a MEN OR WOMEN sign to the restrooms..ARE WE SUPPOSED TO PLAY IN BATHROOMS OR A BOX...OR TOILETS..FUCK THIS GAME..WHO ARE WE SUPPOSED TO FUCKEN KILL THE SUPER TOILET OR BATH TUB MANIAC....OR BOX MAN yeahow the fuck did this box game beat halo 3 wtf!! WHO EVER VOTED FOR THIS GAME SUCKS CHIPS ROTTEN DICK.and this dont even look like a game..that stick figured picture on the cover looks like a MEN OR WOMEN sign to the restrooms..ARE WE SUPPOSED TO PLAY IN BATHROOMS OR A BOX...OR TOILETS..FUCK THIS GAME..WHO ARE WE SUPPOSED TO FUCKEN KILL THE SUPER TOILET OR BATH TUB MANIAC....OR BOX MAN yea i heard hes dangerous. Expand
  7. JasonL.
    Oct 31, 2007
    Call it what it is, it's a bunch of old computer games that are packaged together. I rented this and took it back early, The story was cool in the campaign but the game play and complete lack of variety in enemies was just repetative and annoying. And I love all the comparisons to Halo 3, this game is far inferior to Halo 3. I was originally bebating on buying this but I am so Call it what it is, it's a bunch of old computer games that are packaged together. I rented this and took it back early, The story was cool in the campaign but the game play and complete lack of variety in enemies was just repetative and annoying. And I love all the comparisons to Halo 3, this game is far inferior to Halo 3. I was originally bebating on buying this but I am so releaved that I did not waste my money on it. Expand
  8. RegnorV.
    Oct 28, 2007
    Portal is a very cool game, and it's the only reason I withheld the zero that the overall box deserves. This isn't value, this is repackaging of old content in order to sell what amounts to an XBLA game.
  9. JeffK.
    Oct 23, 2007
    Really lame to force their longtime fans to rebuy half life 2 and episode 1. We're the people who have supported them this long and valve turns around and gives us a raw deal. Very lame.
  10. AndrewH.
    Oct 20, 2007
    While the new content is more than impressive the fact that Valve forced long time owners of their products to repurchase HL2 and Episode 1 was really ill advised.
  11. KorinL.
    Oct 11, 2007
    A botched port with control and technical issues in one package.
  12. Oct 23, 2011

For first-person shooter fans, it doesn't get much better than this. What's even better is that each individual game runs amazingly well on the Xbox 360. The graphics are amazing as is the presentation. The interface that Valve created for navigating through the content is also wonderful.
    That so much great content is offered at the standard single-game price is astonishing.
  3. The Orange Box can't stop giving. It's a sci-fi masterpiece, a clever puzzler and a multiplayer monster wrapped into one, making this a landmark achievement in gaming value and one of the easiest buying decisions you'll make all year. Color us impressed.