8.9

1. Jan 24, 2015
    I rarely give a 10/10 but this is just the best gaming bundle on one disc ever together with the Zelda:Collector's Edition. Half-Life 2 and its episodes is the best shooter I have ever played and Portal is one of the most clever games. I haven't even played TF2 as I don't really like playing online, but the single player games are just pure Valve-no-video game masterpieces. 9.6/10 forI rarely give a 10/10 but this is just the best gaming bundle on one disc ever together with the Zelda:Collector's Edition. Half-Life 2 and its episodes is the best shooter I have ever played and Portal is one of the most clever games. I haven't even played TF2 as I don't really like playing online, but the single player games are just pure Valve-no-video game masterpieces. 9.6/10 for Half-Life and 9/10 for Portal. Together I'll round it up to a 10/10 Expand
  2. Nov 2, 2014
    this game is one of the greatest collections of all time 5 GREAT GAMES IN ONE DISC you got the be out of your mind if you say this masterpiece is even lower than a 8 its 5 great games in one
  3. Nov 1, 2014
    I got five words for you buddy: BEST. GAME . EVER. btw sorry but THE AWESOME LEVEL IS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Jun 28, 2014
    Been a "gamer" for probably 3 years now and I am always looking for great games to play. I'm through with all the current and several-year-old games that interest me and based on the awesome ratings, both old and relatively new, this game was next on my radar. The main game here is Half-life 2 and,while I definitely see why, in 2004 when this was released or even in 2007 when released onBeen a "gamer" for probably 3 years now and I am always looking for great games to play. I'm through with all the current and several-year-old games that interest me and based on the awesome ratings, both old and relatively new, this game was next on my radar. The main game here is Half-life 2 and,while I definitely see why, in 2004 when this was released or even in 2007 when released on XBox, this game was so highly praised, it is clearly outdated today.
    The story itself is very, very slow starting and overall quite weak; which in itself isn't a dealbreaker for me as some of my favorite games have weak stories (Skyrim anyone), but add to this the game mechanics are very 2004 (actually they kind of remind me of the original King's Quest on PC) and you have a game that is neither interesting nor overly enjoyable.

In 2014 buyer beware.
  5. May 2, 2014
    Wow, what a deal this puppy is. Being a console dude and having to listen to my PC elitist dick friends tell me about their new $700 graphics card they can run a game on max graphics that costs $3 today and how great the Half Life games are, I was a little skeptical going into playing Half-Life 2, especially years after it's initial release. Well, I couldn't have been more wrong. IWow, what a deal this puppy is. Being a console dude and having to listen to my PC elitist dick friends tell me about their new $700 graphics card they can run a game on max graphics that costs $3 today and how great the Half Life games are, I was a little skeptical going into playing Half-Life 2, especially years after it's initial release. Well, I couldn't have been more wrong. I can't put my finger on it, but this game is majestic. Still better than 90% of all the FPS put out today. Oh yeah, it also has the expansions and Portal. Best gaming decision I've ever begrudgingly made. 9.9 rounded down. No 10s. Expand
  6. Apr 10, 2014
    Although the game is merely repackaged content, no one can deny that each and every game on the disc is brilliant and innovative in their own ways; whether it be the multiplayer warfare of TF2, the crowbar-strike and slash of Half Life 2 or the puzzles of Portal, all will enjoy this game.
  7. Mar 13, 2014
    To say that any fan of gaming needs to own this collection is an understatement. Unless you already own HL2 plus eps 1&2, and Portal and don't feel the need to buy the whole thing simply for Team Fortress, you can't really consider yourself a fan of quality video games without owning this usually budget price box. The value in here is like finding a still wrapped original pressing of theTo say that any fan of gaming needs to own this collection is an understatement. Unless you already own HL2 plus eps 1&2, and Portal and don't feel the need to buy the whole thing simply for Team Fortress, you can't really consider yourself a fan of quality video games without owning this usually budget price box. The value in here is like finding a still wrapped original pressing of the White Album in the $2 bin at your local charity store...with cake. Expand
  8. Feb 7, 2014
    Great content. Half life 2 and portal would be worth buying on their own. The episodic content is less good and I couldn't get in to team fortress 2 at all. But I would still recommend this to anyone
  9. Jan 21, 2014
    Half Life 2 (and Valve in general), have earned a place in the hearts of gamers that play video games in the regular biases.
    It is strange to find someone that doesn't even know at the slightest what the whole Half Life universe it's about, even then it happens to be understandable.

Half Life 2 starts where the first installment of the series, Half Life, left you. You begin to understand the overall thematic, and situation of the entire experience even if you never happened to touch the first game, or even know it's slightest about it, however, if what you're looking it's for a compelling story, that will somehow compensate, and go hand to hand with the gameplay, then you're looking at another game.
    Half Life has always have a very simplistic story (which is fine by me), it never truly fills you in into your outgoing objectives, and goals, rather than that the true essence that's going to impulse you to keep playing this incredible experience, it's going to be it's gameplay (which ironically tends to be the most important aspect of any game).

The fluidity of the gameplay it's incredible, it never truly removes the control to the player, and even when it does, it still gives the player the freedom to do whatever he pleases to do.
    This mixture in between the linearity of the entire level design, accompanied with the pure sheer of beauty that it's the freedom, to give full control to the player. It is truly something that stands out, and even to this date some developers should take note on how to do so.

There's several different key components that make the Half Life series so popular, for starters, it's the enigmatic moments in the game that truly share an extremely unique, and unforgettable experience, Ravenholm, the several different vehicle sections, the sudden stop of the experience to get the gravity gun, the game it's filled with moments that are extremely memorable, and even while i'm writing this im still getting flashbacks, on a couple of the splendorous moments, inside what is already, an splendorous moment.
    And that's the pure sheer, nor substance that makes this particular game to be so recognizable.

The game does not only shares with you an already incredible experience, but it allows you to create your own experience.
  10. Jan 16, 2014
    The ability to be able to play Half-Life 2 on console earned the Orange Box a 9, the fact that Portal was thrown in there puts it above and beyond a 10 in terms of content within a disc. Team Fortress 2 is also a great game but doesn't really have the user base on the 360 that it does on Steam so is deemed pretty useless despite it being a solid game. To split them up Half-Life 2 is anThe ability to be able to play Half-Life 2 on console earned the Orange Box a 9, the fact that Portal was thrown in there puts it above and beyond a 10 in terms of content within a disc. Team Fortress 2 is also a great game but doesn't really have the user base on the 360 that it does on Steam so is deemed pretty useless despite it being a solid game. To split them up Half-Life 2 is an absolute classic that is still talked about as one of gaming top achievements and I have to agree, the controls port from PC a little poorly but it doesn't detract from the essential experience of the game, the only other negative is that the graphics look a bit out dated. Portal is another great experience that deserves to be in the echelons of gaming history, only really worth playing through once but the level design, puzzle design, short length and general witty presentation of the game make it a must play for all gamers. All this in one box loses out on game of the year by being unlucky enough to have been released the same year as Bioshock. Expand
  11. Jan 7, 2014
    Half Life 2 and its episodic additions set the bar for first person shooters almost a decade ago. Even today, that standard is almost unmatched by today's games. While many modern shooters are good, even great, none combine every conceivable facet of gaming and put it into a superb product.

I still play this game every once in a while and it still amazes me how I can be entertained even 9 years later. The graphics still hold up with superior animation and physics engine. Half Life 2 is able to weave a story that is truly epic, but not so over the top so as to lose credibility. Overthrowing an evil alien regime has never been more fun. There is appropriate pacing, where it's not non stop pointless action like the COD series, yet moments where you can connect with the characters and gives purpose to your goal. The AI was terrific, reacting to grenades, seeking cover when hurt, using coordinated teamwork. Some games even today can't get the basics right when it comes to AI. There are varied environments and challenging, but not frustrating puzzles to overcome with your famed gravity gun. You're never just running down the same drab corridor again and again with endless respawning enemies due to lack of creativity. The best part is no playthrough is the same twice. You can always try new tactics, made possible by the sweet gravity gun.

The other games include Portal 1 and Team Fortress, which is a physics based puzzle game and a team multiplayer game respectively. Both are well done and Portal is probably the most thought out physics game ever. Team Fortress is a little cartoonish, but the gameplay is solid fun.

In short, it's hard to find a better deal than these five games rolled into one bundle. These games have really showed that graphics arent everything and that gameplay and story are the most important aspects for a gaming experience.
  12. Jan 6, 2014
    Contains the greatest (top 3?) game ever created, at least in my little world. The orange box is a no brainer, despite being fairly old now and oddly rare on the 360, the OB is a real piece of work. Half-Life 2 is ported 100% perfectly and in the most recent of patches (at the time of release). Even in the year. 2014, HL2 still looks quite good and is as fun as ever to play. The epicContains the greatest (top 3?) game ever created, at least in my little world. The orange box is a no brainer, despite being fairly old now and oddly rare on the 360, the OB is a real piece of work. Half-Life 2 is ported 100% perfectly and in the most recent of patches (at the time of release). Even in the year. 2014, HL2 still looks quite good and is as fun as ever to play. The epic single player saga is as every bit amazing as it once was! Couple the fact you get Episodes 1 and 2 2 being the length of a full game and better than most and you have the best value out there! Oh and portal is fun too! But don't bother with this version of TF2, it has about 15-20% of the con-current PC version. Total valve fan service and the best boxed deal on planet earth...Outside of Stuffed Crust meat lovers... so Second best Expand
  13. Oct 21, 2013
    one of the best games i ever bought. this is what introduced me to the half life franchise and pc gaming. I played tf2 for hours and played and replayed all the other games multiple times i seriously recommend getting this game if you dont want to pay much and want the most bang for your buck
  14. Jun 27, 2013
    Why spend $60 on a new game when you can spend only $30 on 5 games? The Orange Box is one of the best deals in gaming. It contains Half Life 2, Half Life 2: Episode 1, Half Life 2: Episode 2, Portal, and Team Fortress 2. So, essentially you're getting one of the best FPS games, one of the best puzzle games, and one of the best multiplayer games all in one bundle. There really isn't muchWhy spend $60 on a new game when you can spend only $30 on 5 games? The Orange Box is one of the best deals in gaming. It contains Half Life 2, Half Life 2: Episode 1, Half Life 2: Episode 2, Portal, and Team Fortress 2. So, essentially you're getting one of the best FPS games, one of the best puzzle games, and one of the best multiplayer games all in one bundle. There really isn't much more to say. Just play it for yourself. Expand
  15. Apr 9, 2013
    Graphics: 7/10 Gameplay: 8/10 Enjoyment: 7/10 Value For Money: 10/10 8/10
    This game is... Wow! If you have a gaming computer I would obviously recommend this on there. However here it is just a little bit worst... BUT STILL AMAZING!!!!!
  16. Mar 26, 2013
    I'd give it a 9.5 if it let me. This is simply an amazing deal. Obviously the graphics are a little dated by today's standards considering when this was released, but they hardly look bad by any regard either. Team Fortress 2 remains in it's original vanilla state, which is somewhat disappointing, but it still provides many hours of multiplayer enjoyment regardless. For the three of youI'd give it a 9.5 if it let me. This is simply an amazing deal. Obviously the graphics are a little dated by today's standards considering when this was released, but they hardly look bad by any regard either. Team Fortress 2 remains in it's original vanilla state, which is somewhat disappointing, but it still provides many hours of multiplayer enjoyment regardless. For the three of you who haven't played Portal yet, it provides an entertaining puzzle game with a interesting story to boot, and remains one of my top games of all time despite not being considerably long, and provides challenges to add to the replayability of it. Finally, the best part of it is Half Life 2 and it's two story expansions. Half Life 2 has a certain elegance about it where the music, gameplay, and story all combine to make one of the best game experiences in a long time. It's too hard to explain what about it exactly is so great, but just trust me when I say it's a must play that still holds up as an amazing experience to this day; sure beats most of the shovelware coming out these days anyways in almost every regard. 3 great games for the price of half a single game: what's not to love? The only complaints I have about this are that there were definitely a large number of loading screens, the ai often got in your way, and vehicle controls could have been better. Nothing gamebreaking, just minor complaints. Expand
  17. Jan 28, 2013
    You've read the reasons this game is an easy 10. Let's be honest here. And although it feels dated in some ways by now (obviously), it still is just so great.
  18. Jan 1, 2013
    The value of this set is extraordinary, but hardly the most impressive thing about the Orange Box. This is quite possibly the best set of Valve games ever created. You are not a gamer until you have played and beaten all of these games. Half-Life on its own is one of the greatest games ever made! Portal is ingenious in its design, and my all-time favorite game. Team Fortress 2 is one ofThe value of this set is extraordinary, but hardly the most impressive thing about the Orange Box. This is quite possibly the best set of Valve games ever created. You are not a gamer until you have played and beaten all of these games. Half-Life on its own is one of the greatest games ever made! Portal is ingenious in its design, and my all-time favorite game. Team Fortress 2 is one of the most original or entertaining multiplayer games, I love it to death and have played countless hours. all in all...PERFECT. Expand
  19. Oct 27, 2012
    Truly the best deal in gaming history! A rarity in gaming in that the characters are interesting. Game-play, graphics and story are all marvelous! Often disappointed by sequels but was so happy that this was good.
  20. Sep 20, 2012
    Not much replay value in this package. The Half-Life 2's and Portal are absolutely worth experiencing at least once. If you like first person shooters these are some of the best campaigns you could play.
  21. Aug 25, 2012
    I was excited when I got the Orange Box. I saw that there were basically 5 games on it and they were supposedly all good. Unfortunatley, I was dissapointed. Portal was fantastic and I loved playing it. However, I couldnt get into Half Life 2 and in the end I just gave up on trying to be entertained. Team fortress 2 is also good but i'm not a big multiplayer fan. So, The orange Box is goodI was excited when I got the Orange Box. I saw that there were basically 5 games on it and they were supposedly all good. Unfortunatley, I was dissapointed. Portal was fantastic and I loved playing it. However, I couldnt get into Half Life 2 and in the end I just gave up on trying to be entertained. Team fortress 2 is also good but i'm not a big multiplayer fan. So, The orange Box is good for some people and not so good for others. Expand
  22. Aug 4, 2012
    All 5 games on this disc are winners. Half Life 2 is one of the best games of the decade and stands up even now roughly 7 years later. Portal is an original and interesting puzzle game that does not disappoint but sadly it's about 3 hrs on your first run through, I've gotten it down to about an hour and a half. Team Fortress 2 is very fun but I wish they'd bring the updates that it got onAll 5 games on this disc are winners. Half Life 2 is one of the best games of the decade and stands up even now roughly 7 years later. Portal is an original and interesting puzzle game that does not disappoint but sadly it's about 3 hrs on your first run through, I've gotten it down to about an hour and a half. Team Fortress 2 is very fun but I wish they'd bring the updates that it got on the PC to the Xbox. Half Life 2 and it's episodes are all amazing, my one complaint are the many loading screens, while short they can break up the action. Another gripe is that if you are going for all Gold Medals on Portal Challenges is that the challenge times and steps were not converted for the Xbox controller. The mouse and keyboard allow for much faster and accurate movement that a standard controller can not provide, making some challenges almost impossible without using cheat codes.

So in conclusion:
    Fantastic games, highly recommend
    Dirt cheap now, you can't go wrong
    Some Portal Challenges haven't ported well to consoles
    No updates to TF2

This is a must buy and one of my favorite games of all time, the best DEAL in gaming history. Half Life 2 took me about 15 hrs my first time through. Both episodes are about 5-6 hrs each. Portal, about 3 hrs on your first play through. Team Fortress 2 has a lot of replay value but with about 6 maps it can get old.

So if you beat all the single player games you'll sink in about 30 hrs + However long you spend on TF2. Not counting all 99 achievements for this game (I got all of them and it took me quite a while) this should keep you occupied for quite a while.
  23. Jun 6, 2012
    Eh?? Whilst Portal is most possibly THE best gimmick-game ever made, it is still just a gimmick game and if it lasts you 2 hours you'll be lucky. As for Half life 2 & it's expansion well they are horrible, dated, boring and weak games. P*ssing about with see-saws and other puzzles designed to show off a physics engine is just tedious and makes for a tiresome game. I really don't get whatEh?? Whilst Portal is most possibly THE best gimmick-game ever made, it is still just a gimmick game and if it lasts you 2 hours you'll be lucky. As for Half life 2 & it's expansion well they are horrible, dated, boring and weak games. P*ssing about with see-saws and other puzzles designed to show off a physics engine is just tedious and makes for a tiresome game. I really don't get what people see in this other than nostalgia and a cute little bonus puzzle game?? Expand
  24. May 27, 2012
    A masterpiece. One of gamings best offerings. A gaming experienced that will be remembered for a lifetime. Mind blowing. Superb. Revolutionary. Another all time fav. Of mine
  25. Apr 28, 2012
    Essentially Portal and Half-Life 2: Episode 2 + 3 games you probably already own, but it's forgivable, because they're truthfully three of the best games on the market. Half-Life 2 and its episodes are a beacon of intelligent game design and compelling narrative, while Team Fortress 2 is a well balanced shooter, but lacks enough content to enthral any fps fan for too long, and you'll findEssentially Portal and Half-Life 2: Episode 2 + 3 games you probably already own, but it's forgivable, because they're truthfully three of the best games on the market. Half-Life 2 and its episodes are a beacon of intelligent game design and compelling narrative, while Team Fortress 2 is a well balanced shooter, but lacks enough content to enthral any fps fan for too long, and you'll find yourself being drawn back to much more populated games like Halo, Call of Duty and Battlefield. Portal...short, sweet, hilarious, intelligent and individual, a truly original piece of gaming that'll have you addicted from sublime start to perfect finish. Valve just really gets what it is that gamers want, you have to think to progress, these are games that involve the player, and that's what makes them so incredible Expand
  26. Apr 26, 2012
    Portal is the best puzzle game I have played in some time. It is very original and enjoyable. Half-life is also my favorite first person shooter series, so I enjoyed that too.
  27. Apr 24, 2012
    When i bought this Box in 2007 i was mainly getting it for Half Life. I did not play it before and so i finally wanted to get my hands on it. It blew me away ... the game is absolutely amazing. The story is interesting, the characters memorable, the graphics are still great today and the gameplay is just spot-on.

But before i even got to Half Life I tried out Portal because I was told it

But before i even got to Half Life I tried out Portal because I was told it was pretty short... and so I played through it in 1 sitting. This is absolutely one of the best games ever created. The puzzles themselves are enough to sell the game even at full price. But what makes this game so outstanding is the dialogue and the humor. This game is touching and made me laugh out loud multiple times ... the end almost made me cry. This game is just brilliance.

Team Fortress 2 was probably what I was least interested in ... but let me tell you something : I still play it. It has no single player and no real goal or anything, but just the incredibly fun gameplay is enough to keep you playing for years.

Overall : This would be worth tripple the amount they charge you for ... or even more. I would happily buy this box for 100â
  28. Apr 3, 2012
    Great games. Great value. TF2 is kind of a useless add-on (for consoles that is). Otherwise if you haven't played any of HL2 and of course Portal, then get this!
  29. Mar 20, 2012
    You can pick up this game for around $10 now, which is probably the best game bargain out there. Even at it's original $50 price tag, it was more than worth it. You get 5 games, 5 FULL games. Each episode of Half-Life: 2 is easily a full game. Throw in Portal and Team Fortress 2 and you get the best compendium ever created. This game is impossible to rate at less than a 10; you won'tYou can pick up this game for around $10 now, which is probably the best game bargain out there. Even at it's original $50 price tag, it was more than worth it. You get 5 games, 5 FULL games. Each episode of Half-Life: 2 is easily a full game. Throw in Portal and Team Fortress 2 and you get the best compendium ever created. This game is impossible to rate at less than a 10; you won't get more for $10; Hell, you won't get more for $60 these days. Expand
  30. Jan 3, 2012
    Not really a game, but a compilation of several, both new and old. There's the Half LIfe 2 which I know and love so well and its Episode 1, plus the all new Episode 2, Team Fortress 2 and Portal, and, man, they are all simply awesome.
    Episode 2 brings back that epic quality and feel of Half-Life 2 and expands it to new dimensions.
    Team Fortress 2 is a really good and quirky multiplayer
    Team Fortress 2 is a really good and quirky multiplayer which probably requires gamers with at least half a brain.
    And lastly, Portal is the surprise package of the package, packing an intriguing and charming story, combined with fun and fresh gameplay into a short game.
    The Orange Box is unconventional, but Valve shows their prowess once again. Always a pleasure.
  31. Nov 22, 2011
    An amazing package.
    Half Life 2 and its expansion packs may have aged a little with time, but is still eminently playable, and very engaging at that, which given its age is testament to quite what a game it was on release.
    Portal makes up the other marvelous aspect of this package. Creative, thoughtful, and often ingenious. Overall the Orange Box makes for some of the best gaming
    An amazing package.

Overall the Orange Box makes for some of the best gaming anywhere, let alone for the price you can get it for nowadays.
  32. Nov 21, 2011
    It's a must play. I would have given it a 9, but with the addition of Portal...it's an absolute 10. There's also a 20gig expansion pack you can download that "freshens" up Half-LIfe 2, and is amazing. Highly recommended. Enjoy.
  33. Nov 20, 2011
    This is the best thing ever created. Considering the Half-Life series was my favorite game series to begin with there wasn't a chance i was not going to like this. I recommend this to anyone who likes video games in general. Your getting three Half-Life games which have an amazing story and are very fun to play, then you have Portal which is an awesome and extremely well made puzzle game,This is the best thing ever created. Considering the Half-Life series was my favorite game series to begin with there wasn't a chance i was not going to like this. I recommend this to anyone who likes video games in general. Your getting three Half-Life games which have an amazing story and are very fun to play, then you have Portal which is an awesome and extremely well made puzzle game, and last you have Team Fortress 2 which is a fun cartoon multiplayer game. Expand
  34. Nov 15, 2011
    Just buy this package, you will enjoy the games immensely, plenty on gameplay hours, and the greatest hits Valve has ever made. Valve is awesome once again.
  35. Nov 8, 2011
    It's games like this that show Valve is one of the only developing companies that demonstrate extraordinary consistency.

The Half Life series seems to have most every quality of a single player shooter that people receive well; original, great pacing, interesting environments, fun weapons, etc. Not only does it have those qualities that are just generally talked about, but it also the small amounts of polish added to the game to make it that much more enjoyable, and make no mistake; the small things matter, gamers are way to OCD to ignore the small things. I'm talking about the way set pieces are placed to where it doesn't take away control of the character when it comes time to explain the story. I see this as a very good median between those who are interested and less interested in the story. If we look at past releases that were extremely successful (Bioshock, Oblivion), it is obvious that gamers love freedom. Half Life does have more linear elements to it than open elements, however I would go as far to say that Half Life 2 has the based pacing for any other linear single player game I have played that I can remember.

Portal is one of those games where it's really hard to find something wrong with it. At least in Half Life you could probably FIND something to **** about, regardless of the fact it's a fantastic game. Portal has nothing against it; if it's your kind of game, you will LOVE it. I could not find one instance while playing through it where I found myself frustrated by things that were not necessarily dependent on my playing. So many games will have potential, but it will have crappy controls, or lack of polish, or it doesn't run smoothly enough, Portal is all good challenge. I suppose one could make the case that Portal is not original because it was based on a student made game called Narbacular Drop; my response to that is, which one did YOU play? (Exactly). There were other first person shooters before Doom and probably Wolfenstein, doesn't take away from those games one bit. It had no technical short comings, it was cleverly staged, amazingly creative in its puzzle and level design, it offered more of a challenge for more advanced players, and it had very decent humor (although I suppose that's subjective).

I'm not sure I should review Team Fortress 2, because I suck at it. Yet, I can also put credit to the game for still being a blast despite my terrible performance. I do think that they should not stray away from having everyone on a level playing field, which is what I felt made it significantly more balanced than Call of Duty. I don't know if they have always had the store, but I think that was a little step away from an aspect I liked about the game. I also think they could have done a better job of gauging the speed a each class should move based on their primary weapon(s). If I had to guess what makes TF2 as popular as it is, is the obvious reason that every multiplayer game should emulate; it is a shooter that most can just jump right into.

These games have all of the wow-factor and originality of a good game, except no one can touch Valve when it comes to polish, for it takes out all of the annoying nuances of a good game to turn it into a mediocre game. Stunning!
  36. Nov 8, 2011
    Graphics suck on Xbox but as a package it's extraordinary value. I picked it up for just £15 and it was worth every penny. I'd be happy to pay that just for Portal and TF2 alone. But Valve shoved in 3 classics too. So you're getting 2 new games and the HL2 series on top. In here you're bound to find some enjoyment. Can't go wrong with 5 games.
  37. Nov 6, 2011
    ive seen this game for the pc back in 2004 and it blew me away, i never played it till it hit the xbox, and lemme tell you, this is the best 1st person solo campaign i have evr witnessed. its jsut amazing, every aspect of the game is crazy. **** the whole package is a steal.... 5 games on a disk? come on now, thats too easy not to pass up... **** i dont think i should say more? **** buyive seen this game for the pc back in 2004 and it blew me away, i never played it till it hit the xbox, and lemme tell you, this is the best 1st person solo campaign i have evr witnessed. its jsut amazing, every aspect of the game is crazy. **** the whole package is a steal.... 5 games on a disk? come on now, thats too easy not to pass up... **** i dont think i should say more? **** buy this bih if you havent already Expand
  38. Oct 23, 2011
    Let me start off by saying that I agree with those who are saying that The Orange Box is a deal - 5 games in a case. Yeah but these games are just terrible. Team Fortress 2 makes for one of the worst online FPS I've played. The gameplay reminds of Q3 arena but with no fun in it + it is impossible to play this game on a console(it is an okay PC game however) Then, there is Portal. It has 19Let me start off by saying that I agree with those who are saying that The Orange Box is a deal - 5 games in a case. Yeah but these games are just terrible. Team Fortress 2 makes for one of the worst online FPS I've played. The gameplay reminds of Q3 arena but with no fun in it + it is impossible to play this game on a console(it is an okay PC game however) Then, there is Portal. It has 19 and the ending part(would be a spoiler), but all of these chambers are not challenging at all!!! The game takes around an hour to complete! Chambers are not creative compared to what could be done and it's too easy, but you always have to listen that annoying GlaDos. Finally there is Half Life 2 and both add-ons/expansions for it(episode 1 and 2) I found both, the original Half-Life 2 and the Episode 1 to be extremely boring, the plot was awful and, i usually dont mind when the main protagonist is mute, but in this game he NEEDS to speak. Episode 2 was better, i'd even say i liked it, and it was the only good time i had with Orange Box. People are saying it's 5 games for 60$(at launch) , while it is more like 2 games(TF2 and HL2) with 2 add-ons(Episode 1 and 2) and a Mini-game(Portal) IMO it isn't worth 60$ even for 2007, however I picked it up for 9.99$ so I don't feel so bad. Expand
  39. Oct 17, 2011
    this is just the best package ever. granted portal is too short and team fortress looks dodgy, they are all great games at a very low price. excellent value and overall i think it is even better than blops, dead rising, fable 3 (by miles) and even guitar hero (for value)
  40. Aug 30, 2011
    The Orange Box is the best value ever. Half life 2 is amazing. Portal is a new fresh puzzle and TF2 is a great team based multiplayer game.
  41. Jul 24, 2011
    Wow. Just wow. Valve has always been an amazing developer, all of their games I've played are fantastic. This just blew me away. I have to admit, I very recently picked this up. I know, my bad. I grabbed this collection, used, for $17.00. This is the best video game value I've seen, ever. I haven't played Half Life 2 up until now, but I finally see what the hype is about. That game aloneWow. Just wow. Valve has always been an amazing developer, all of their games I've played are fantastic. This just blew me away. I have to admit, I very recently picked this up. I know, my bad. I grabbed this collection, used, for $17.00. This is the best video game value I've seen, ever. I haven't played Half Life 2 up until now, but I finally see what the hype is about. That game alone is worth the $17.00. Then adding the amazing Portal, which needs no introduction, as well as Team Fortress is a great deal. Also, the Xbox ports are not bad like everyone says. Expand
  42. Jul 24, 2011
    One of the greatest gaming deals ever, it comes with 5 great games. Half Life 2 and its episodes are already great on their own, offering great FPS playing, puzzle solving and fun achievements to complete. Portal, though short, is a marvel to play and you'll see just how fantastic it is when you dive into it. Team Fortress 2 is probably one of the greatest online games ever, though it doesOne of the greatest gaming deals ever, it comes with 5 great games. Half Life 2 and its episodes are already great on their own, offering great FPS playing, puzzle solving and fun achievements to complete. Portal, though short, is a marvel to play and you'll see just how fantastic it is when you dive into it. Team Fortress 2 is probably one of the greatest online games ever, though it does play better on the PC. Overall - superb package. Expand
  43. Jul 3, 2011
    In my opinion, the Orange box is the best game ever released. This game is a great deal, getting five really amazing games for a low price. You will not hate anything about this game, if you ever get it.
  44. Jun 26, 2011
    3 games and 2 expansions for halflife 2 all for the price of $60 is a great value . you get half life 2 which is a great game and the gravity gun is just a neat idea not just for a wepon but for solving puzzles . Portal is such a fun and intresting game although short i still found myself runing through it a few times and just having a ton of fun . team fortress didnt do any thing for me i3 games and 2 expansions for halflife 2 all for the price of $60 is a great value . you get half life 2 which is a great game and the gravity gun is just a neat idea not just for a wepon but for solving puzzles . Portal is such a fun and intresting game although short i still found myself runing through it a few times and just having a ton of fun . team fortress didnt do any thing for me i didnt hate it or any thing i just didnt get into it. all in all the orange box is a sure buy . you are bound to find some fun in atleast one of thoose games. Expand
  45. Jun 21, 2011
    The best game on Xbox, bar none. The Orange Box has 5 truly brilliant games on one disc. Team Fortress 2 is a bloody, shouty shooter that's only flaw is it's small fan-base. With more support, it could be amazing. The three Half Life games are an example of how to make shooters constantly fun, always throwing around new ideas, always being supremely playable. Finally, Portal is a brand newThe best game on Xbox, bar none. The Orange Box has 5 truly brilliant games on one disc. Team Fortress 2 is a bloody, shouty shooter that's only flaw is it's small fan-base. With more support, it could be amazing. The three Half Life games are an example of how to make shooters constantly fun, always throwing around new ideas, always being supremely playable. Finally, Portal is a brand new (though at the time of writing, Portal 2 has been released) puzzle shooter that unique, yet fits in with the Half Life mythology. It's truly mind bending and simply unmissable. And, as is The Orange Box itself. A collection of five unmissable games in one unbeatable package. Get it! Expand
  46. Jun 14, 2011
    i have to give this 10 out of 10 due to the fact i am a big valve fan i love there games like l4d and l4d2 and tfc and so on there the best game creators to date tf2 is awesome hl2 hl2e1 and hl2e2 is my favourte single player games ever the grapics are very outdated on these games and so am i for reviewing the game 4 years after release. but hey will still play half-life 1.
  47. Jun 1, 2011
    Thoroughly enjoyed this. 5 games in one game is great value for money. Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode One and Half-Life 2: Episode Two are incredible games and the story is great and takes about 15-20 hours to complete them all. Portal 2 may now be out but Portal is still an incredible game, it challenges you and is often quite funny. Team Fortress 2 is a really good multiplayer gameThoroughly enjoyed this. 5 games in one game is great value for money. Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode One and Half-Life 2: Episode Two are incredible games and the story is great and takes about 15-20 hours to complete them all. Portal 2 may now be out but Portal is still an incredible game, it challenges you and is often quite funny. Team Fortress 2 is a really good multiplayer game but unfortunately now does not have many players although you can usually get into full games if you are on at the right time. All in all, The Orange Box is one of the best games I have ever played and at the price it is to buy now, it's worth it. Expand
  48. Jun 1, 2011
    Bundle Half-Life 2 with it's 2 episode installments, the out-of-nowhere masterpiece Portal and the PC sensation TF2 and you have any gamer's wet dream. This is pretty much an essential element to any gamer's collection. Where Half-Life 2 might not have aged particularly well, its still a great game. Portal will please every part of your brain with it's quirky humor and brain-bendingBundle Half-Life 2 with it's 2 episode installments, the out-of-nowhere masterpiece Portal and the PC sensation TF2 and you have any gamer's wet dream. This is pretty much an essential element to any gamer's collection. Where Half-Life 2 might not have aged particularly well, its still a great game. Portal will please every part of your brain with it's quirky humor and brain-bending puzzles and TF2 will potentially occupy hundreds of hours of your time. Do yourself a favor and play this game. Expand
  49. Apr 26, 2011
    10/10 = Masterpiece = Best Compilation disc . . . EVER!!!
  50. Mar 26, 2011
    Even considering its age.Half-life 2 is one the finest games ever made and still the benchmark in FPS's.Packed with the add-ons,(Portal especially)The Orange Box is truly excellent.
    For the younger Gen though,you may wonder what all the fuss is about considering that COD and Halo have most of your attention(I can't,for the life of me,figure out why)
  51. DME
    Mar 21, 2011
    Team Fortress 2 is the only game of the five that I don't really like. Sure, the PC version is freakin' awesome but this XB360 version is definitely not. Portal was awesome and left me disappointed when I found out how short it was (about 4 hours worth) but even so... Half-Life 2 series is the best of the bunch with a great story and great gameplay. The only thing that's not top-notchTeam Fortress 2 is the only game of the five that I don't really like. Sure, the PC version is freakin' awesome but this XB360 version is definitely not. Portal was awesome and left me disappointed when I found out how short it was (about 4 hours worth) but even so... Half-Life 2 series is the best of the bunch with a great story and great gameplay. The only thing that's not top-notch about HL2 is it's sound effects, which I found poor at times. But don't let the small gripes outweight the incredible package that this game is! $20 is an AMAZING deal for this game. If you like FPS games... The Orange Box is for you. Expand
  52. Mar 19, 2011
    Valve is one of my favorite game developer companies, and I now love them even more when they released "The Orange Box". The orange box includes Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode 1, Half-Life 2: Episode 2, Portal, and Team Fortress 2. Let's start with Half-Life 2, Episode 1, and Episode 2. If you never played the first Half-Life and started the second, you might ask "WTF is theValve is one of my favorite game developer companies, and I now love them even more when they released "The Orange Box". The orange box includes Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode 1, Half-Life 2: Episode 2, Portal, and Team Fortress 2. Let's start with Half-Life 2, Episode 1, and Episode 2. If you never played the first Half-Life and started the second, you might ask "WTF is the purpose of this game?" You really need to know the storyline of the Half-Life franchise or you'll be stuck in a confused territory. After playing "Portal", I now know what is my favorite puzzle game. I thought the timing of "Portal" was a bit too short and I wished it had harder puzzles. Team Fortress 2 is a class-based multiplayer that I love so much. I really love the style in Team Fortress 2. You might be thinking "This is going to be really expensive." Well you're wrong, because this whole package is less than $20. I really love the style in Team Fortress 2. Now the Verdict.

Valve always impresses my with their products and this product blew me away. This package would've easily cost "$60". You are getting a good deal. Please buy it!

+ 5 Games
    + Cheap
    + Creative Puzzle Game
    - Needed harder puzzles.

RATING: 9/10
  53. Mar 17, 2011
    Well worth its money HOW many games,shooters,puzzles and portal what a gem of a game,half life love it..but the puzzler portal is brillant..spent a week completeing the shooters then 2 (cough) weeks puzzling out portal.....man am i thick....but had great fun......:-)
  54. Mar 13, 2011
    How could this game be given anything other than 10? 5 fantastic games at no extra charge. Half Life 2 is a classic FPS with unparalleled level design and storytelling. Its following episodes continue this well. Team Fortress 2 is an addictive, frantic online shooter that only has a handful of maps, although the ones given are highly polished. The real showstopper here is Portal, a darklyHow could this game be given anything other than 10? 5 fantastic games at no extra charge. Half Life 2 is a classic FPS with unparalleled level design and storytelling. Its following episodes continue this well. Team Fortress 2 is an addictive, frantic online shooter that only has a handful of maps, although the ones given are highly polished. The real showstopper here is Portal, a darkly comedic and mind bending puzzle game. Its short length is a perfect fit, ensuring that it doesnt outstay its welcome. Glados is a magnificent video game creation, a character who uses dry wit, sarcasm and just about every other kind of humor to good effect with a hefty sprinkling of judgement. The Orange Box is incredible and you would be a fool to not buy it. Expand
  55. Nov 26, 2010
    Half-Life 2 on it's own is worth a million dollars let alone put with the genius that is portal. DO yourself a favour if you haven't played this get on it now.
  56. Nov 25, 2010
    This has so many games packed into one game I hesitate at giving it a 9 instead of a 10. But 9 it is because the game is showing it's age, especially now a few years after its release. I feel like it's a better experience on the PC, and that Xbox 360 makes the game lag and stutter in places and it just doesn't have that same polish on the Steam side of things. It's great, don't get meThis has so many games packed into one game I hesitate at giving it a 9 instead of a 10. But 9 it is because the game is showing it's age, especially now a few years after its release. I feel like it's a better experience on the PC, and that Xbox 360 makes the game lag and stutter in places and it just doesn't have that same polish on the Steam side of things. It's great, don't get me wrong: there is so much to do in this package... but I still feel like I'm coming up short somehow. Expand
  57. Nov 24, 2010
    I think I was a little late to the Orange Box party. By the time I picked this up, the Half Life 2 portion of it seemed a little dated. Portal was awesome, just very short. I got my money's worth out of this title, I just wish I had gotten to it earlier.
  58. Oct 8, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the finest,immersive,clever game ever.
    i played this package for more than 90 hours now...
    portal is genial,the half life saga is simply the best fps ever made and team fortress 2 is one of the best multiplayer game available.
  59. Sep 25, 2010
    The original half life 2 that was released 4 years ago and is included in this package is worth the price of the entire package. If you rate this package lower then a 9 you just don't know what makes games fun.
  60. Aug 14, 2010
    This is the best game including more games since the Chronicles of Riddick, and that wasn't that good. This box has some of the games that will be remembered for many, many years, until after the sequels come out for them. Portal; Yes, it's short, and a confusing puzzle game, but that makes it even more fun, when it tests your mind. The very anticipated sequel could make this game a forThis is the best game including more games since the Chronicles of Riddick, and that wasn't that good. This box has some of the games that will be remembered for many, many years, until after the sequels come out for them. Portal; Yes, it's short, and a confusing puzzle game, but that makes it even more fun, when it tests your mind. The very anticipated sequel could make this game a for sure Game of the Year! Half- Life; Yes, a cliffhanger, but that just makes you wanna play it more before Episode III comes out. Team Fortress; Yes, just a game for Live, which I was a little disappointed at, but once I got Live, this game became more fun than Halo 3! Valve is still well- into the Zombie category as well as the action- adventure category. This game made me stay inside for two weeks, 25 hour days, skipping meals, sleep in my clothes, or stay awake in my PJ's, and made me anticipate harder and longer than I was for Bioshock 2, which was a big disappointment. This game is one that will stay in my library for many, many years, at least until Episode III of Half- Life comes out, as well as Portal 2. Expand
  61. EvanH
    May 18, 2010
    Every one of these games compares favorably with the best currently on the market, despite being 3-5 years old. By far the most fun I've had on xbox360 in years. Now that the price is down to $15 or less for a new disk, it is ludicrous to give this anything but a 10.
  62. IanH
    Mar 27, 2010
    Best deal in gaming history. Not a huge half-life fan, but i still played it thourgh and was pleased. Portal was excreidibly fun the first time as well, but TF2 is the gift that keeps giving. The only problem is Pc gamers are getting more weapons are services for TF2. Remember the console gamers, Valve!
  63. MartinS
    Mar 5, 2010
    100% worth it as a bundle. As stand alone games, none would be worth the retail price. Half Life 2 is an amazing, if somewhat dated looking shooter. The episodes and portal are also great, but too short. And Team Fortress 2 is only worth it if you like online games. I still highly recommend these as a bundle.
  64. GustavoF.
    Mar 3, 2010
    Best deal in existence. Most people talk about Portal, and I like it, but it's just a small fraction of how good is Orange Box. Half Life 2 and episodes are probably the best part of the pack. The action isn't senseless, it's not a Call of Duty kind of a game where you can take your brain out and play. HL2 will truly challenge you and at the end, that feeling will be very Best deal in existence. Most people talk about Portal, and I like it, but it's just a small fraction of how good is Orange Box. Half Life 2 and episodes are probably the best part of the pack. The action isn't senseless, it's not a Call of Duty kind of a game where you can take your brain out and play. HL2 will truly challenge you and at the end, that feeling will be very rewarding. TF2 is quickly addicting, maybe the best multiplayer game ever made, not for its quality or graphics or realism, just because its really FUN. Valve shows the potential of inovation and set new standards for the gaming industry. Expand
  65. THECROWBAR
    Feb 21, 2010
    Keep your pants on, an 8 is not a bad score. It's just not the best. Half-life 2 was my first shooter and I enjoyed it thoroughly when I first played it; it's about 20 hours long. After playing games such as Call of Duty 4 which was relieced later that year, it hasn't aged well. You can't even zoom in and fire with most weapons, even your sub-machine gun that has a red Keep your pants on, an 8 is not a bad score. It's just not the best. Half-life 2 was my first shooter and I enjoyed it thoroughly when I first played it; it's about 20 hours long. After playing games such as Call of Duty 4 which was relieced later that year, it hasn't aged well. You can't even zoom in and fire with most weapons, even your sub-machine gun that has a red dot sight. The headcrab zombies are awesome, but the game gets repetitive towards the end. I haven't played episodes one and two yet, so no comment on those. Team Fortress two is ballanced, and by ballanced I mean there is going to be a stalemate untill the match is over. The three maps are very poorly, with the capture the flag one having only one enterance into the enemy's base, so engeniers know where to place their turret. I heard the PC version is a million times better, though. Portal is fun, and funny too. That game is short, though, and the challenges make me want to kill myself. How is anyone supposed to clear a map in ten seconds or something, or complete the advanced maps with unkillabe turrets? Play through the main game, don't comeback for the challenge playthroughs. In conclusion, on the back of the creatively titled Oarnge Box is a quote saying it's one of the greatest deals in gaming history, and that's true. Today it costs about $30, but even if it were full priced, it would definately be worth the full package. In conclusion, two great games, one incomplete game, and two games I can't judge. Expand
  66. NicholasA
    Jan 15, 2010
    This is a great game for anyone who likes first person shooters. I think this is one of the greatest gaming deals out there
  67. RyanC
    Dec 28, 2009
    Essentially 5 games in 1, The Orange Box won't leave any gamer dissapointed. Half Life 2, Half Life 2: Episode 1, and Half Life 2: Episode 2 are all great games that will last you a good 25 hours. Portal, a quirky puzzle game using a unique new portal gun, is a very amazing game. Team Fortress 2 while not as good as the other 4 games albeit, it's a very unique game that is The Essentially 5 games in 1, The Orange Box won't leave any gamer dissapointed. Half Life 2, Half Life 2: Episode 1, and Half Life 2: Episode 2 are all great games that will last you a good 25 hours. Portal, a quirky puzzle game using a unique new portal gun, is a very amazing game. Team Fortress 2 while not as good as the other 4 games albeit, it's a very unique game that is The Orange Box's answer to multiplayer. Expand
  68. IanW
    Dec 21, 2009
    Seriously, looking through these comments.. How you could give this game below an eight is beyond me, an eight even being a very underappreciative score. First of all, this is FIVE games. FIVE full-length (not arcade off-shoots) games. Second of all, all of these games are good. You can compare all of these games to others in their respective genres, and they are way better than what Seriously, looking through these comments.. How you could give this game below an eight is beyond me, an eight even being a very underappreciative score. First of all, this is FIVE games. FIVE full-length (not arcade off-shoots) games. Second of all, all of these games are good. You can compare all of these games to others in their respective genres, and they are way better than what you'll find. Half-Life 2, I can only think of BioShock, Oblivion, and Fallout to rival it, yet none are as long, as immersive, as driven. Half-Life 2 throws you into tons of different environments with a nice line-up of enemies, added with plenty of puzzle elements to make it more than just a shooter. Portal, this is a unique take on puzzles that no game has been completely centered around. With tons of varying challenges, with even more difficult versions of most, it takes some time to dry this game up. Team Fortress 2, I want you to list a game as varied yet as balanced, as artistically different, as Team Fortress 2. Don't list games off like Halo, or Call of Duty, or whatever. Truth be told, they aren't balanced. Halo players only use a handful of the weapons in the game: battle rifle, sniper rifle, rocket launcher, laser. The other guns collect dust because they are not relevant on how to play Halo. Has anyone here played Modern Warfare 2? There, again, are the popular guns that everyone abuses. The biggest two would be the FAMAS and M16, burst-fire. I cannot count how many times I had a shotgun, only to be beaten by a FAMAS, at close range. Really, I can't imagine what goes through your heads when you rate true masterpieces like this, but you must have some morbid sense of entitlement that will never be fulfilled. These games aren't mindless "shoot-'em-ups", they're fine works of art that retain practicality as well. Think before you score. Expand
  69. CT
    Dec 10, 2009
    The fact that I got this for $18 might affect my rating a bit, but in all honesty, even selling this at full price would not be a bad deal. I really enjoyed the Half-Life 2 series for the interesting weapons and the impressive story, but there were some things that could frustrate people (some of the puzzles were very annoying). Portal was simply incredible, a brilliantly made puzzle game The fact that I got this for $18 might affect my rating a bit, but in all honesty, even selling this at full price would not be a bad deal. I really enjoyed the Half-Life 2 series for the interesting weapons and the impressive story, but there were some things that could frustrate people (some of the puzzles were very annoying). Portal was simply incredible, a brilliantly made puzzle game that was never a bore. Team Fortress 2 is a fun online game, but it does not have the level quality that many people expect from games today. While the games aren't perfect themselves, the whole package is what really makes this worth the price, but if you do own these games, get Portal off steam. Expand
  70. Timerider
    Oct 18, 2009
    The best game I ever bought for the 360. I got it the day it came out for $60 just for the opportunity to play Portal, and it was worth it. But there's so much more on the disc that it just makes it more awesome. Once I finally got broadband I started playing Team Fortress 2 and I've never been able to stop. It is just the best multiplayer game I've ever played. The only The best game I ever bought for the 360. I got it the day it came out for $60 just for the opportunity to play Portal, and it was worth it. But there's so much more on the disc that it just makes it more awesome. Once I finally got broadband I started playing Team Fortress 2 and I've never been able to stop. It is just the best multiplayer game I've ever played. The only issue is that Valve has yet to make any progress toward updating the 360 version, yet there are tons of updates for the PC. Anyway, there is no reason to give this anything less than a 10. Expand
  71. NeilW
    Aug 16, 2009
    The cake may be a lie, but how good these games are for the price is not. I really liked the Half-Life games, but think Portal is absosutely brilliant. It was worth the price for Portal alone. If I get stranded on an desert island with only one game for my 360 I'm taking this one.
  72. NasserInASaucer
    Aug 13, 2009
    I loved portal. I wish it had more puzzles, and frankly it never gets difficult IMO. I would like to see some DLC for portal such as new puzzles. TF2 is okay. But half life 2 is just a chore. It's boring as hell for the first 3 hours, and even after that, I feel like I'm just waiting for it to be over. My recommendation is to get Portal: Still Alive from the marketplace and I loved portal. I wish it had more puzzles, and frankly it never gets difficult IMO. I would like to see some DLC for portal such as new puzzles. TF2 is okay. But half life 2 is just a chore. It's boring as hell for the first 3 hours, and even after that, I feel like I'm just waiting for it to be over. My recommendation is to get Portal: Still Alive from the marketplace and don't waste your time on the others. Portal gets a 9.5, still alive would get a 10. Expand
  73. JustinV
    Jul 30, 2009
    The orange box is a game that exceeded my expectations when I bought it. The game has great gameplay and multiplayer action, with amazing textures and graphics to go with it. Over all it is a great game.
  74. RowanF
    Apr 17, 2009
    Five impossibly good games, all for fourty pounds. That's realy all you need to know. Half Life Two is made even better with it's list of new acheivments; Episode One delivers some more of that trademark awsome gaming; Episode Two delivers more of the same but with quite a few new additions, luckily just before it started to get samey, and a nice graphical update; Portal's Five impossibly good games, all for fourty pounds. That's realy all you need to know. Half Life Two is made even better with it's list of new acheivments; Episode One delivers some more of that trademark awsome gaming; Episode Two delivers more of the same but with quite a few new additions, luckily just before it started to get samey, and a nice graphical update; Portal's darkly witty storyline and innovative game design make it an absolute classic, and Team Fortress 2's addictive gameplay and radical stlye will make you fall in love with it instantly. All in all, you really can't go wrong here. Perhaps the only bad thing that comes to mind is that a couple of the games are a little short considering their development time but, hey, that's Valve for you. Expand
  75. AlexD
    Feb 23, 2009
    The Half Life episodes and poral are incredibly hard to get passed. I just played the single player games until I couldn't get passed them anymore. I'm still lokking for an Orange Box strategy guide to get passed The Half Life episodes and Portal. What i give the high score for is Grapics, Gameplay, and Story lines.
  76. JohnP.
    Feb 21, 2009
    This series of games deserves nothing but the best awards. Half Life 2 plus Episodes 1 and 2: absolutely amazing story line and game play. Following and trumping the original HL's success for innovative and dynamic plot, HL2 destroys the competition at the time. Portal: One of the most intriguing and amazing puzzle games ever. This game is comparable to Tetris in taking the Puzzle This series of games deserves nothing but the best awards. Half Life 2 plus Episodes 1 and 2: absolutely amazing story line and game play. Following and trumping the original HL's success for innovative and dynamic plot, HL2 destroys the competition at the time. Portal: One of the most intriguing and amazing puzzle games ever. This game is comparable to Tetris in taking the Puzzle genre to a whole new level. Team Fortress 2: One word: DAMN! Expand
  77. PabloK
    Feb 11, 2009
    Half Life 2 is one of the best computer games on the P.C, a long with Team Fortress 2 a very good online multi player shooter, portal, a puzzle game, and Ep1 and Ep2. All these games have high ratings, and are some of the best games on the P.C. The orange box is also one of the best "Gaming Deals in History" There is absolutely nothing that is wrong about this game.
  78. HagenM
    Jan 26, 2009
    Okay, this package definately warrants the extremelym rare ten out of ten. It has Half-Life 2, which is a ten in itself, Episode 1, Episode 2, Portal, and Team Fortress 2? If you do not own this by now, you need to kill yourself. If you consider yourself a human being and value decency in life, purchase this now for roughly TWELVE DOLLARS.
  79. garyf
    Jan 3, 2009
    Best game ever!!!! if I could, I would give it like a thirty! Half life is brilliant with the story and variaty of guns. Portal is completey original, something i've never seen in my life!! and TF2, that was the game that got me hooked!! brilliant style of graphics, 6 maps that is replayable FOREVER! and distinct classes that really make this a true class based game. when I played Best game ever!!!! if I could, I would give it like a thirty! Half life is brilliant with the story and variaty of guns. Portal is completey original, something i've never seen in my life!! and TF2, that was the game that got me hooked!! brilliant style of graphics, 6 maps that is replayable FOREVER! and distinct classes that really make this a true class based game. when I played this, I sold my halo game and said screw it. Expand
  80. O.C.
    Dec 27, 2008
    Pros: - 5 great games in one package - Cons: - Graphics could use work on a few of the games - The Bottom Line: With an addictive online multiplayer, an ingenious puzzle game, and one of the best single player FPS games ever made, The Orange Box is a terrific deal. ---- mjhhiv's Full Review: I recently paid $60 for Bomberman: Act Zero. The game is a degenerate mess, and is clearly Pros: - 5 great games in one package - Cons: - Graphics could use work on a few of the games - The Bottom Line: With an addictive online multiplayer, an ingenious puzzle game, and one of the best single player FPS games ever made, The Orange Box is a terrific deal. ---- mjhhiv's Full Review: I recently paid $60 for Bomberman: Act Zero. The game is a degenerate mess, and is clearly not worth your money. Half Life 2: The Orange Box was also worth $60 on release day, and with 5 games in one box, you Expand
  81. declankent
    Oct 25, 2008
    The game is way to hyped up because it's simply a bunch of oldskool games that have been slightly tweaked so they have better graphics and a little bit of new content. It's worth it if u want to muck about with ur mates but otherwise it's like replaying your old Xbox games so why pay £40 for a Rooster update? Is there there really any point?
    (P.S Valve Is Dead. It
    (P.S Valve Is Dead. It has been for a long time)
  82. ZackaryS.
    Oct 9, 2008
    Its a good deal but i never liked half life and TF2 doesent cut it in my book How ever PORTAL is one of the best games i have ever played. just get portal alone off steam and your good.
  83. KhristianR.
    Oct 2, 2008
    A great offer and a collection of five very well made games. Half Life definitely set the first person benchmark and number 2 definitely carries it on in great style. Team Fortress is a great inclusion for multiplayer and if you fancy giving your brain a work out, try Portal. Just who is the guy with the briefcase though.... SCORE : 94%.
  84. ChristianH.
    Sep 19, 2008
    THIS GAME F*CKING P*SSED ME OFF! Not because it was bad, but because my sh*tty PC couldn't play it! I played all the game individually (except half-life 2: ep 2 and ep 1 because my friend wouldn't let me.) And all games were fun. Portal was puzzle game of the fucking decade, TF2 was the best multiplayer experience since counter-strike, and CoD4. HL2 is just HL2 and I expect THIS GAME F*CKING P*SSED ME OFF! Not because it was bad, but because my sh*tty PC couldn't play it! I played all the game individually (except half-life 2: ep 2 and ep 1 because my friend wouldn't let me.) And all games were fun. Portal was puzzle game of the fucking decade, TF2 was the best multiplayer experience since counter-strike, and CoD4. HL2 is just HL2 and I expect episode 2 and 1 to hopefully be the same (not exactly the same of course). Expand
  85. EliF.
    Aug 17, 2008
    '10' doesn't mean perfect, but it means I'd recommend it to virtually anyone who has a 360. HL2 is a great rollercoaster. I've never even played TF2, but I've shown Portal to 11 other people and watched them each learn in their own way and make their own style of mistakes.
  86. GeffroyS>
    Jul 23, 2008
    The perfect masterpiece of all time.
  87. MiguelR.
    Jul 16, 2008
    Buy this game if you have the chance and do not hesitate or doubt your decision.
  88. JoshuaB.
    Jul 12, 2008
    Did 360 get all the maps (loads of 'em)? And with the trophies have you been able to upgrade your medic and pyro (2 new updates for pc with pyro and medic achievments, get some and you get new weps)?
  89. Kevin
    Jul 7, 2008
    The Orange Box is not one game it is 5. I just bought it today at gamestop for 35$ and went straight home to re live Half Life 2 but instead of my PC this time is the 360. This is not a cheap port of Half Life 2 or its episodes, it is a beauty to play and the control scheme for consoles is genius on so many levels. There are frame rate issues here and there that I didn't get on my PC The Orange Box is not one game it is 5. I just bought it today at gamestop for 35$ and went straight home to re live Half Life 2 but instead of my PC this time is the 360. This is not a cheap port of Half Life 2 or its episodes, it is a beauty to play and the control scheme for consoles is genius on so many levels. There are frame rate issues here and there that I didn't get on my PC version of Half Life 2 and its other alliteration. After your done with those games you still have Team Fortress 2, and Portal to run around with. Both which I find spectacular, and could warrant as a standalone 20$ title. Is a great buy but may not be for everyone since most of the content is for mature audiences. Expand
  90. SamM.
    Jul 4, 2008
    All 5 games would have to be pretty bad for this package not to score at least a 7 just on value alone.But 5 quality games on one disc then you are not going to find better value anywhere on the 360 that is fact. But giving that all the games are pure quality then you might just understand how good an offer the orange box is. There is really no excuse not to own this. The single player All 5 games would have to be pretty bad for this package not to score at least a 7 just on value alone.But 5 quality games on one disc then you are not going to find better value anywhere on the 360 that is fact. But giving that all the games are pure quality then you might just understand how good an offer the orange box is. There is really no excuse not to own this. The single player episodes are fantastic one player fps experiences, That look great and play as well as any thing on the 360. Portal is a fantastic puzzler that can grip you and become so addictive. And as for the online game Team Fortress 2, This is just a great multi-player that will go some way to justifying your gold membership. Expand
  91. FredB.
    Jun 28, 2008
    This game has poor graphics for a XBOX360 game and poor taste. It appeals to little teenagers though.
  92. Mathiasthing
    Jun 9, 2008
    just because it's three games for one game's price does'nt mean it has to get sky high ratings. yeah portal was a new type of puzzle-game (that i liked) but that's no reason for me to rate it 10. because(call me insane) i never liked half life and team fortress two sucked! so.. portal: 10 half life 2 ep.2: 3 team fortress 2: -10.
  93. Phantom
    Jun 9, 2008
    The Orange Box surprised me. I was expecting a cheap old compilation of mediocre last-gen games but oh no! The single-games themselves would be worth the full retail price! Half-Life 2 series maybe getting on now; but still exceptionally brilliant to this day, personally its my first time on Half Life 2, and I thought it could pass for being next gen (current gen now lets say - it is 2008 The Orange Box surprised me. I was expecting a cheap old compilation of mediocre last-gen games but oh no! The single-games themselves would be worth the full retail price! Half-Life 2 series maybe getting on now; but still exceptionally brilliant to this day, personally its my first time on Half Life 2, and I thought it could pass for being next gen (current gen now lets say - it is 2008 after all). Portal and Team Fortress 2 pretty much sold the collection; both equally being as innovating and original as each other. Portal can be completed within a few hours; but I still play it now, and Team Fortress 2 could simply pass a full multiplayer retail game too! It's not a perfect 10; but it's the biggest compilation of full price games that you could realistically be paying over £100 for. Great deal. And replying back to John. D; its not just Half Life 2 in the collection its the entire series with 2 additional games which are unbelievably innovative! Gameplay: 10 (5 massive games in one box; what can I say? Did I mention 99 achievements?) Graphics: 8 (Dating; and not too much done with Half Life 2's visuals. TF2 makes up for it) Sound: 10 (Fantastic soundtrack, acting, and realistic sfx for each game) Overall: 9/10 Completion time: 30 hours without a break. Doesn't include multiplayer or achievements. Difficulty: Easy - All games can be completed easily enough, there are some one off difficult achievements though. Expand
  94. TarvuT.
    May 30, 2008
    I give it a seven, because Portal and Team Fortress 2 are brilliant. But Half Life is plain shit.
  95. Maslab
    May 19, 2008
    Hands down the best collection of games ever. You've got the Game of the Year and its little babies, the Best Multiplayer Game of the Year, and The best Puzzle Game of the Year. Portal also created a whole new genre, the First Person Puzzler, and if I'm wrong, just ignore that. HL2: Episode 2 is, like Portal, short but sweet. With wider and more realistic areas to battle Hands down the best collection of games ever. You've got the Game of the Year and its little babies, the Best Multiplayer Game of the Year, and The best Puzzle Game of the Year. Portal also created a whole new genre, the First Person Puzzler, and if I'm wrong, just ignore that. HL2: Episode 2 is, like Portal, short but sweet. With wider and more realistic areas to battle through. Team Fortress 2 is a blast, nice graphics choice, great gameplay, and great maps, even if the one use 80% of the time is 2Fort. Portal is just plain fun. The physics are great. Its short, 3-4 hours on your first run through, maybe 45 minutes on later run throughs. Portal is awesome. If you think it bites because its short, just ask what Valve could've added to make it longer. The Orange Box has definitely shown that Valve is still out there. This Box is a must for all fans of games who like shooters, puzzles, and online multiplayer. Expand
  96. RobC
    Apr 14, 2008
    Possibly my favorite title on the 360. Innovative and genius, this game makes your brain go crazy and want more! This also is the 1st half life game i have played and really loving it. If you love puzzle orientated adventure games with a unique twist, and unbelievably atmospheric graphics, you'll go crazy 4 this!!
  97. RayA.
    Apr 10, 2008
    I don't see how anyone could possibly give this less than a 10! This is an absolutely an amazing deal. All of the games on it are highly detailed, original, and crazy fun. One of the best things about this is portal. It is a completely mind bending game, with a great sense of humor. Half life 2 ep.2 is also great, because of the way characters react to every decision you make.The I don't see how anyone could possibly give this less than a 10! This is an absolutely an amazing deal. All of the games on it are highly detailed, original, and crazy fun. One of the best things about this is portal. It is a completely mind bending game, with a great sense of humor. Half life 2 ep.2 is also great, because of the way characters react to every decision you make.The physics in the source engine I love! The fire is great. A good example of the things you can do with the crazy awesome details in the game is when your driving in a car with Alyx, and you can hit zombies. When you hit a zombie just right, it will cut in half, torso and legs flying around, Alyx yells nice! and then you see splotches of blood on the car. If you hate videogames, you will like the orange box anyway. This game drew me into the half life series, because it was so good. Buy it! Expand
  98. aguy
    Apr 10, 2008
    the best games compilation ever made with 5 of valves best offerings id have bought it for hl2 by itself however gamers also get treated to the most ingenious puzzler ever designed from portal. one of the best online multiplayer games ever in the form of team fortress 2 and get 2 fantastic additions to the halflife universe in the form of HL2 episodes 1 and 2. i cant recommend this game the best games compilation ever made with 5 of valves best offerings id have bought it for hl2 by itself however gamers also get treated to the most ingenious puzzler ever designed from portal. one of the best online multiplayer games ever in the form of team fortress 2 and get 2 fantastic additions to the halflife universe in the form of HL2 episodes 1 and 2. i cant recommend this game enough a must buy. Expand
  99. TheNumberQ.
    Mar 16, 2008
    Easily the best game I have ever played. I have spent more play time on this game than probably any other game I own. I have played half life 2 and episodes one and two uncountable times. Portal has given me endless amounts of fun and team fortress 2 does an amazing job at providing a wonderful multiplayer experience. If you don't have this game, then I'm guessing that every Easily the best game I have ever played. I have spent more play time on this game than probably any other game I own. I have played half life 2 and episodes one and two uncountable times. Portal has given me endless amounts of fun and team fortress 2 does an amazing job at providing a wonderful multiplayer experience. If you don't have this game, then I'm guessing that every gamestore within 200 miles of you is closed, or some other extremely unfortunate circumstance where you cant get your hands on this game. If you can get this game and are choosing not to, I suggest you check into the nearest mental hospital. Expand
  100. TARGET1058
    Feb 10, 2008
    Portal is worth a 10 alone, but all the other many games that come in this pack a good quality games. One of the best deals for the money.

For first-person shooter fans, it doesn't get much better than this. What's even better is that each individual game runs amazingly well on the Xbox 360. The graphics are amazing as is the presentation. The interface that Valve created for navigating through the content is also wonderful.
    That so much great content is offered at the standard single-game price is astonishing.
  3. The Orange Box can't stop giving. It's a sci-fi masterpiece, a clever puzzler and a multiplayer monster wrapped into one, making this a landmark achievement in gaming value and one of the easiest buying decisions you'll make all year. Color us impressed.