8.9

1. MartinS
    Mar 5, 2010
    100% worth it as a bundle. As stand alone games, none would be worth the retail price. Half Life 2 is an amazing, if somewhat dated looking shooter. The episodes and portal are also great, but too short. And Team Fortress 2 is only worth it if you like online games. I still highly recommend these as a bundle.
  2. BlakeB
    Nov 1, 2007
    Brilliant.
  3. AnthonyS.
    Oct 12, 2007
    This game has got to be the best combo EVER!!!! Team Fotress 2 is by far one of the funnest multiplayer games I have ever played and Portal, one of the best puzzle games in a LOOOONG time. Half-Life 2 will always be a classic that will be played over and over and Episode Two simply tie's up the loose ends. Great job Valve!!
  4. MarkT.
    Oct 10, 2007
    I previously voted 8 because of Steam problems.. seems they sorted that out. This is a great package... hard to see how you can go wrong. Team Fortress is a hilarious multiplayer... surprisingly deep when you start to appreciate the well-balanced classes; HL2 is, well HL2... a great great shooter, and for me the surprise was Portal - not a long game, but gripping and playful, funny... I previously voted 8 because of Steam problems.. seems they sorted that out. This is a great package... hard to see how you can go wrong. Team Fortress is a hilarious multiplayer... surprisingly deep when you start to appreciate the well-balanced classes; HL2 is, well HL2... a great great shooter, and for me the surprise was Portal - not a long game, but gripping and playful, funny... very worthwhile. Expand
  5. Marc.D.
    Nov 9, 2007
    The way I see it...this year's battle for Game of the Year on the 360 comes down to The Orange Box and Bioshock. Sorry Halo...you're good...but these 2 titles are on another level.
  6. BarryM.
    Oct 20, 2007
    Great stuff. Loads of content. You'll buy it for Half Life but you'll stay stay for Team Fortress 2. Portal is great first time around, drags a little after that but still worth the price
  7. James
    Jan 30, 2008
    'John D.' has obviously never played Orange Box. It's not a port of HL2, it's HL2, HL2 episode 1, HL2 Episode 2 (new), Portal (new), and Team Fortress 2 (new).

It's not HL2 for full price, it's 3 new games and 2 old redone games for $60. That's $12 a game, excellent deal if you ask me. TF2 alone is $30.
  8. RayA.
    Apr 10, 2008
    I don't see how anyone could possibly give this less than a 10! This is an absolutely an amazing deal. All of the games on it are highly detailed, original, and crazy fun. One of the best things about this is portal. It is a completely mind bending game, with a great sense of humor. Half life 2 ep.2 is also great, because of the way characters react to every decision you make.The I don't see how anyone could possibly give this less than a 10! This is an absolutely an amazing deal. All of the games on it are highly detailed, original, and crazy fun. One of the best things about this is portal. It is a completely mind bending game, with a great sense of humor. Half life 2 ep.2 is also great, because of the way characters react to every decision you make.The physics in the source engine I love! The fire is great. A good example of the things you can do with the crazy awesome details in the game is when your driving in a car with Alyx, and you can hit zombies. When you hit a zombie just right, it will cut in half, torso and legs flying around, Alyx yells nice! and then you see splotches of blood on the car. If you hate videogames, you will like the orange box anyway. This game drew me into the half life series, because it was so good. Buy it! Expand
  9. RobC
    Apr 14, 2008
    Possibly my favorite title on the 360. Innovative and genius, this game makes your brain go crazy and want more! This also is the 1st half life game i have played and really loving it. If you love puzzle orientated adventure games with a unique twist, and unbelievably atmospheric graphics, you'll go crazy 4 this!!
  10. aguy
    Apr 10, 2008
    the best games compilation ever made with 5 of valves best offerings id have bought it for hl2 by itself however gamers also get treated to the most ingenious puzzler ever designed from portal. one of the best online multiplayer games ever in the form of team fortress 2 and get 2 fantastic additions to the halflife universe in the form of HL2 episodes 1 and 2. i cant recommend this game the best games compilation ever made with 5 of valves best offerings id have bought it for hl2 by itself however gamers also get treated to the most ingenious puzzler ever designed from portal. one of the best online multiplayer games ever in the form of team fortress 2 and get 2 fantastic additions to the halflife universe in the form of HL2 episodes 1 and 2. i cant recommend this game enough a must buy. Expand
  11. Phantom
    Jun 9, 2008
    The Orange Box surprised me. I was expecting a cheap old compilation of mediocre last-gen games but oh no! The single-games themselves would be worth the full retail price! Half-Life 2 series maybe getting on now; but still exceptionally brilliant to this day, personally its my first time on Half Life 2, and I thought it could pass for being next gen (current gen now lets say - it is 2008 The Orange Box surprised me. I was expecting a cheap old compilation of mediocre last-gen games but oh no! The single-games themselves would be worth the full retail price! Half-Life 2 series maybe getting on now; but still exceptionally brilliant to this day, personally its my first time on Half Life 2, and I thought it could pass for being next gen (current gen now lets say - it is 2008 after all). Portal and Team Fortress 2 pretty much sold the collection; both equally being as innovating and original as each other. Portal can be completed within a few hours; but I still play it now, and Team Fortress 2 could simply pass a full multiplayer retail game too! It's not a perfect 10; but it's the biggest compilation of full price games that you could realistically be paying over £100 for. Great deal. And replying back to John. D; its not just Half Life 2 in the collection its the entire series with 2 additional games which are unbelievably innovative! Gameplay: 10 (5 massive games in one box; what can I say? Did I mention 99 achievements?) Graphics: 8 (Dating; and not too much done with Half Life 2's visuals. TF2 makes up for it) Sound: 10 (Fantastic soundtrack, acting, and realistic sfx for each game) Overall: 9/10 Completion time: 30 hours without a break. Doesn't include multiplayer or achievements. Difficulty: Easy - All games can be completed easily enough, there are some one off difficult achievements though. Expand
  12. JoshuaB.
    Jul 12, 2008
    Did 360 get all the maps (loads of 'em)? And with the trophies have you been able to upgrade your medic and pyro (2 new updates for pc with pyro and medic achievments, get some and you get new weps)?
  13. JustinV
    Jul 30, 2009
    The orange box is a game that exceeded my expectations when I bought it. The game has great gameplay and multiplayer action, with amazing textures and graphics to go with it. Over all it is a great game.
  14. NicholasA
    Jan 15, 2010
    This is a great game for anyone who likes first person shooters. I think this is one of the greatest gaming deals out there
  15. IanH
    Mar 27, 2010
    Best deal in gaming history. Not a huge half-life fan, but i still played it thourgh and was pleased. Portal was excreidibly fun the first time as well, but TF2 is the gift that keeps giving. The only problem is Pc gamers are getting more weapons are services for TF2. Remember the console gamers, Valve!
  16. EvanH
    May 18, 2010
    Every one of these games compares favorably with the best currently on the market, despite being 3-5 years old. By far the most fun I've had on xbox360 in years. Now that the price is down to $15 or less for a new disk, it is ludicrous to give this anything but a 10.
  17. Chris
    Oct 11, 2007
    TF2 was worth the 8 years of waiting.
  18. SteveT.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Wow, this is the best deal ever for a game. Honestly I would pay full price for each of the new titltes alone. Half Life 2 is awsome as ususal. The gravity gun makes it too awsome when compared to every other FPS. I can only assume that episodes 1 and 2 will be just as solid. Portal is a game every gamer should experience. It is kind of hard to get used to, but once you do, it becomes a Wow, this is the best deal ever for a game. Honestly I would pay full price for each of the new titltes alone. Half Life 2 is awsome as ususal. The gravity gun makes it too awsome when compared to every other FPS. I can only assume that episodes 1 and 2 will be just as solid. Portal is a game every gamer should experience. It is kind of hard to get used to, but once you do, it becomes a very fun and intense game to play. Lastly the game I spent the most time with yesterday was Team Fortress 2. This game would be worth the full price alone. Even when you die you are having a good time. The team element makes for some killer strategic yet comedic game play. The best part is you can switch between the different classes at a whim to see which type suits you or your team's situation the best. All in all the total package is outstanding...don't sit on the fence for this one..go buy it now! Expand
  19. P.Dub
    Oct 10, 2007
    First, I thought Bioshock was the best game of the year, then I thought Halo 3 was the best game of the year. Now, I pretty sure that accolade belongs to the Orange Box. Portal will twist your mind, the HL trilogy is jaw dropping in every way ; physics, graphics, animation, and AI are the best I've ever seen.
  20. FPSMaster
    Oct 12, 2007
    A good compilation of games but by no means deserves a 98/100. Half Life 2 was good when it came out and is still good. So is Episode 1 and Episode 2. But this is a 3 year old engine and for any game remade 3 years later to recieve this kind of praise makes me sick. How many games on 360 that look last gen or have re-used an old engine have gotten reviews this high? None, other than Halo A good compilation of games but by no means deserves a 98/100. Half Life 2 was good when it came out and is still good. So is Episode 1 and Episode 2. But this is a 3 year old engine and for any game remade 3 years later to recieve this kind of praise makes me sick. How many games on 360 that look last gen or have re-used an old engine have gotten reviews this high? None, other than Halo 3 but those reviews don't count since they are reviewing the name and not the game. Any other games this gen that look outdated or run on original Xbox engines have been crucified. I'm not saying this should be crucified, but it deserves no more than an 8/10 because it's old content that's been available for years just repackaged with the worst boxart and name ever. Portal is fun for about 2 hours until you finsih it and Team Fortress 2 sounds better on paper than it actually plays. It's laggy as hell for one and connecting to games can be a chore. Disconnections happen all the time and it uses a lobby system much like the Tom Clancy games meaning the entire team focus goes right out the window as soon as the host quits because it's back to the main menu for you losing all those teamates that made the game actually fun for a bit. The graphics on it look like the Incredibles meets Road Runner which is a nice change of pace. But the actual map design and gameplay are flat out boring. You run around a map for 5 minutes looking for someone to shoot, then it sets in once you try to shoot that the aiming is too twitchy making it feel like Prey did online. Couple that with the worst classes ever in a multiplayer game and you have something even more overrated than Halo 3. The classes are so imbalanced and there are absolutely no grenades whatsoever. Everyone plays as a spy since that class looks like the other teams' temates then they stab you in the back. Everyone plays as the spy which is the most imbalanced class ever and it ruins what little fun the game offered. It's the equivalent of games like COD3 where everyone plays as a sniper which forces you to do it too or you have no chance of winning. I'd say stick with Halo 3 in all it's mediocrity because at least it can be more fun than 3 year old repackaged games packaged with mindless crap(TF2) that somehow took Valve 9 years to make.. Expand
  21. TomG.
    Oct 12, 2007
    First i will start off with the obvious. 50 bucks for 5 amazing games! Now. I will begin with Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2 Episode 1, and Half-Life 2 Episode 2. They are all Amazing games(i have played the original half-life 2 and episode 1 before already, and i loved them. as for Episode 2, I just finnished it, and although short, it is absolutely amazing. You can realy see the depth of the First i will start off with the obvious. 50 bucks for 5 amazing games! Now. I will begin with Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2 Episode 1, and Half-Life 2 Episode 2. They are all Amazing games(i have played the original half-life 2 and episode 1 before already, and i loved them. as for Episode 2, I just finnished it, and although short, it is absolutely amazing. You can realy see the depth of the story in this last episode. Portal was probably the most satisfying gaming experience i have Ever had....i just wish there was more of it. right now im just getting into Team Fortress 2 and again i love it. In fact i love Every part of this package so much im almost tempted to buy it for Xbox 360 as well. Expand
  22. ChrisC.
    Oct 10, 2007
    Three of the best games of 2007 at an unbeatable price. You can't go wrong with The Orange Box.
  23. WilliamC.
    Oct 13, 2007
    A solid pack, well worth the price of $49.95. Episode Two's graphics are a bit outdated compared to modern shooters like Halo 3/Crysis, but it's three games in one. EP2 was terrific, and VIA plot-twist at the end left my mouth gaping open in shock. Portal was a fun game, but HOLY JESUS BEANS why is it ONLY 19 levels? Team Fortress 2 is a solid game. A few bugs(I could shoot A solid pack, well worth the price of $49.95. Episode Two's graphics are a bit outdated compared to modern shooters like Halo 3/Crysis, but it's three games in one. EP2 was terrific, and VIA plot-twist at the end left my mouth gaping open in shock. Portal was a fun game, but HOLY JESUS BEANS why is it ONLY 19 levels? Team Fortress 2 is a solid game. A few bugs(I could shoot without reloading on one round, but it never happened again after that) but they'll fix it. Oh, and that other Halo fanboy that complained about TF2 not having a Deathmatch gamemode? Here's a hint: TEAM fortress 2. GET IT? Expand
  24. KrishanV.
    Oct 13, 2007
    BRILLIANT!! every game is better then the last!!! the one that i enjoy the most is tf2!! soo god!
  25. Cl0cK*
    Oct 13, 2007
    The best gaming deal you'll have in a long time, 5 great games in one box. Portal is an original and amazing singleplayer experience, Episode Two very good sequel to episode one I liked episode two more than any other half-life games. And TF2 is one of the best multiplayer game out there,
  26. JoakimLindblom
    Oct 14, 2007
    WOW IT AS JUST SOOO FUCKING AWSOME!!! I MEAN WOW! PORTAL,EPISODE 2 ROCKS! ALSO TEAM FORTRESS 2 AND HALO 3!! half-life and halo would be a AWSOME game if they made it into one! "Halo-Life" THAT would be awsome!. i wish bungie and valve would make a that sutchas game ;)
  27. SiphaiBorsch
    Oct 10, 2007
    This is easily the best deal of the year as you get 5 groundbreaking, amazing games for the price of one overly expensive games. Even though only 3 are new, it is still worth it as all of the games in the deal are much better than anything out at the moment.
  28. JimM.
    Oct 18, 2007
    Excellent games, portal is worth the price alone.
  29. MattD.
    Oct 18, 2007
    A great value for a lot of good stuff. My only complaint is that everything is a little short. The time it would take to complete all single-player content was not as advertised. Still, the package as a whole should please HL2 fans and newcomers alike, while easily standing up to FPS heavy hitters: Bioshock & Halo 3.
  30. Infective.Gaming
    Oct 19, 2007
    I mean what an excellent creation!,
    Its never happenned to a Xbox 360 game. 3 games in 1 box!. And the games held in the action-packed package are all devine in their own way!. Im sure & Infective.Gaming are sure that The Orange Box will become a big hit, Not just to 360 but to PC and PS3 aswell!.

Reviewed by: Coltboy (Infective.Gaming)

For first-person shooter fans, it doesn't get much better than this. What's even better is that each individual game runs amazingly well on the Xbox 360. The graphics are amazing as is the presentation. The interface that Valve created for navigating through the content is also wonderful.
    That so much great content is offered at the standard single-game price is astonishing.
    The Orange Box can't stop giving. It's a sci-fi masterpiece, a clever puzzler and a multiplayer monster wrapped into one, making this a landmark achievement in gaming value and one of the easiest buying decisions you'll make all year. Color us impressed.