8.9

1. Oct 23, 2011
    Let me start off by saying that I agree with those who are saying that The Orange Box is a deal - 5 games in a case. Yeah but these games are just terrible. Team Fortress 2 makes for one of the worst online FPS I've played. The gameplay reminds of Q3 arena but with no fun in it + it is impossible to play this game on a console(it is an okay PC game however) Then, there is Portal. It has 19 and the ending part(would be a spoiler), but all of these chambers are not challenging at all!!! The game takes around an hour to complete! Chambers are not creative compared to what could be done and it's too easy, but you always have to listen that annoying GlaDos. Finally there is Half Life 2 and both add-ons/expansions for it(episode 1 and 2) I found both, the original Half-Life 2 and the Episode 1 to be extremely boring, the plot was awful and, i usually dont mind when the main protagonist is mute, but in this game he NEEDS to speak. Episode 2 was better, i'd even say i liked it, and it was the only good time i had with Orange Box. People are saying it's 5 games for 60$(at launch) , while it is more like 2 games(TF2 and HL2) with 2 add-ons(Episode 1 and 2) and a Mini-game(Portal) IMO it isn't worth 60$ even for 2007, however I picked it up for 9.99$ so I don't feel so bad. Expand

For first-person shooter fans, it doesn't get much better than this. What's even better is that each individual game runs amazingly well on the Xbox 360. The graphics are amazing as is the presentation. The interface that Valve created for navigating through the content is also wonderful.
    That so much great content is offered at the standard single-game price is astonishing.
  3. The Orange Box can't stop giving. It's a sci-fi masterpiece, a clever puzzler and a multiplayer monster wrapped into one, making this a landmark achievement in gaming value and one of the easiest buying decisions you'll make all year. Color us impressed.