The Outfit Xbox 360

• Release Date: Mar 13, 2006
7.5

1. ChippyV.
    Mar 13, 2006
    Graphics take me back to the original PS toysoldiers. Boring multiplayer
  2. KevinP.
    Mar 15, 2006
    Aiming is shoddy and gameplay is, frankly, derivative. It's nice to see some destructible environments, but if this is supposed to be a 'next-gen' game on a 'next-gen' system, where is the innovation? Third-person viewpoint is not suited for fast and furious multiplayer. Teammate AI is maddening, as they frequently stand right in front of your aim...plus, Aiming is shoddy and gameplay is, frankly, derivative. It's nice to see some destructible environments, but if this is supposed to be a 'next-gen' game on a 'next-gen' system, where is the innovation? Third-person viewpoint is not suited for fast and furious multiplayer. Teammate AI is maddening, as they frequently stand right in front of your aim...plus, there's a waiting period after giving an order that seems way too long. The Outfit is another example of a game that was promoted as something exciting but ended up much less. Rent it before you buy! Expand
  3. BartH.
    Mar 17, 2006
    Behind Call of Duty 2 and Condemned: Criminal Origins, this is only the third title I've played on the XBOX 360. Call of Duty and Condemned were absolutely beautiful to look at, challenging to play and really seemed to be the legitimate upgrade I expected from pre-360 games. Taking this into account, The Outfit is a complete waste. I expected a next generation Mercenaries, and had Behind Call of Duty 2 and Condemned: Criminal Origins, this is only the third title I've played on the XBOX 360. Call of Duty and Condemned were absolutely beautiful to look at, challenging to play and really seemed to be the legitimate upgrade I expected from pre-360 games. Taking this into account, The Outfit is a complete waste. I expected a next generation Mercenaries, and had read editorials making similar remarks. So, that's what I had in mind when I pre-ordered The Outfit. But, much to my dismay, I found out exactly what a sub-par title looks and plays like once I took this piece of crap home with me. I know, Metacritics tried to warn me. But, I went ahead and bought The Outfit anyway. What I've learned from all this is not to trust name recognition, i.e., THQ and Relic. And, to go with the devil you do know instead; namely, Ubisoft. I went right back to EB Games and swapped The Outfit for Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter the very next day. I thought I'd had my fill of Tom Clancy plot lines and the semi-incompetent AI of Ghost Recon. But, GRAW is a whole new ball of wax. Expand

1. Official Xbox Magazine
    The Outfit does not aspire in the slightest to reflect the sights and sounds of real-life combat in dubya-dubya-two. It aspires to be one thing and one thing only: fun. [Apr 2006, p.82]
    Though a bit rough around the edges in places, The Outfit's fearless fusion of action and strategy pays off in a big way. It's engaging, it's addictive, and it's ferociously one-of-a-kind. [Apr 2006, p.74]
  3. The Outfit's aim for a bold blend of action and strategy gets sabotaged by a repetitious single-player campaign, but it is redeemed somewhat by a more-inspired multiplayer.