• Publisher: THQ
  • Release Date: Mar 13, 2006
7.5

1. Nov 9, 2011
    While there are a lot of games like it, this game will satisfy. You are limited to 3 characters to use during levels or matches, but it has some cool weapons and many fun gameplay modes.
  2. AdamD.
    Apr 30, 2007
    For only $20 new and $17.99 used, you can torch Nazis, drive cool vehicles, and enjoy a top notch action strategy game. The most important thing about any game is the "Fun" factor. This game is incredibly fun!!!
  3. Mr.Review
    Dec 18, 2006
    Worse than simple mediocrity, The Outfit is generic in every position, at every angle. Starting with the visuals, which are respectable, The Outfit is classy with the graphics. The most significant and aspiring element of the game is the gameplay, which is, for the most part, brutal. Slow as all rampaging hell, The Outfit creeps along at a slow and bland pace. The environments all blend Worse than simple mediocrity, The Outfit is generic in every position, at every angle. Starting with the visuals, which are respectable, The Outfit is classy with the graphics. The most significant and aspiring element of the game is the gameplay, which is, for the most part, brutal. Slow as all rampaging hell, The Outfit creeps along at a slow and bland pace. The environments all blend together into one horrible array of ambience. Even the storyline, which is forgettable, drags on and strethces the senselessness it already is. The Outfit could be the largest disappointment of the last few months of gaming, as it looked very promising. But skip out on this title, unless your an achievement digger (online only), or unable to play the incredibly superior likes of Call of Duty 2 and/or 3. Expand
  4. JohnL.
    Mar 23, 2006
    This is a fun game, but clearly a rental and not a 60$ investment. Graphics aren't great, but could not have been done on the old XBOX. The weapon aiming in this game is AWFUL. This cannot be understated. This problem is at its worst during online play, which should be the most fun element of any game. Just wait for Modern Combat and be MUCH happier.
  5. MerrillL.
    Mar 21, 2006
    First and foremost, this is obviously a Mercernaries rip-off/wannabe and anyone who has played should realize that right away. This game does not look "next-gen", which is the very least we should be getting out of any 360 title - regardless of it's gameplay. I played for about two hours plus and have to say that the controls are clunky, physics are lame, gameplay is boring and First and foremost, this is obviously a Mercernaries rip-off/wannabe and anyone who has played should realize that right away. This game does not look "next-gen", which is the very least we should be getting out of any 360 title - regardless of it's gameplay. I played for about two hours plus and have to say that the controls are clunky, physics are lame, gameplay is boring and repetitive. Definitely worth a try if you can get a free rental or play with a friend but that's about it. Expand
  6. JimmyH.
    Mar 20, 2006
    Awesome game, great multiplayer and I love the co-op story mode. Vehicle controls could use some work, but nothing you can't figure out.
  7. StephenS
    Mar 20, 2006
    Good fun that is easy to pick up and a blast to play online. Now if only those vehicles controlled a bit better.
  8. BartH.
    Mar 17, 2006
    Behind Call of Duty 2 and Condemned: Criminal Origins, this is only the third title I've played on the XBOX 360. Call of Duty and Condemned were absolutely beautiful to look at, challenging to play and really seemed to be the legitimate upgrade I expected from pre-360 games. Taking this into account, The Outfit is a complete waste. I expected a next generation Mercenaries, and had Behind Call of Duty 2 and Condemned: Criminal Origins, this is only the third title I've played on the XBOX 360. Call of Duty and Condemned were absolutely beautiful to look at, challenging to play and really seemed to be the legitimate upgrade I expected from pre-360 games. Taking this into account, The Outfit is a complete waste. I expected a next generation Mercenaries, and had read editorials making similar remarks. So, that's what I had in mind when I pre-ordered The Outfit. But, much to my dismay, I found out exactly what a sub-par title looks and plays like once I took this piece of crap home with me. I know, Metacritics tried to warn me. But, I went ahead and bought The Outfit anyway. What I've learned from all this is not to trust name recognition, i.e., THQ and Relic. And, to go with the devil you do know instead; namely, Ubisoft. I went right back to EB Games and swapped The Outfit for Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter the very next day. I thought I'd had my fill of Tom Clancy plot lines and the semi-incompetent AI of Ghost Recon. But, GRAW is a whole new ball of wax. Expand
  9. FPSMaster
    Mar 16, 2006
    Decent game with RTS elements make it feel like a cross between Mercenaries, Freedom Fighters, Command and Conquer and Battlefield which is what makes us finally have an original game that uses a little from other games and makes them its own. Graphics could have easily been done on Xbox with all the texture swapping, very limited detail and pop-up, other than maybe slower framerates. Decent game with RTS elements make it feel like a cross between Mercenaries, Freedom Fighters, Command and Conquer and Battlefield which is what makes us finally have an original game that uses a little from other games and makes them its own. Graphics could have easily been done on Xbox with all the texture swapping, very limited detail and pop-up, other than maybe slower framerates. Destruction is decent, but looks a little hokey and isn't even as destructive as year old games like Mercenaries. Controls are a little clunky, and they make you feel as if the collision detection in the game is really about PS1 in depth so you get stuck on flat ground a lot. Vehicles are terrible to control and get stuck on everything, but they are the main part of the game so you just have to deal with them. Going on foot will usually result in you dying and respawning over and over, but is essential to setting up gun emplacements and such. Sound is pretty good, as it sounds and feels like a real warzone probably would. Overall a decent game with plenty of depth in the options for what you want to use when you want to use it, but the points scale seems odd so that if you take over many checkpoints you may still end the game with hardly any points and never have enough to buy the really powerful weapons you need to win each match. And also, some people seem to be able to use way more powerful weapons than you just after the beginning of the game which makes me wonder has someoe already found a way to boost their starting points to be higher than yours.. Expand
  10. MattyB.
    Mar 16, 2006
    Graphics are good (not great), but the gameplay is so addictive, especially in multiplayer, that hours tick away like minutes. The split screen is fantastic. Nothing like trash talking your buddy who's sitting right beside you!
  11. JS
    Mar 16, 2006
    I've played this game a few times, and it's pretty fun. I like that they're trying to add a few new elements to the genre, rather than just do another box standard shooter...
  12. PaulL.
    Mar 15, 2006
    A refreshingly new take on WW2. I love the not-so-serious style of gameplay and Destruction On Demand. The Single Player is a little linear, but the Multi-Player makes up for it. I am not as bothered by the graphics as some critics, just check out all the leaves on those trees.
  13. BrerR.
    Mar 15, 2006
    imagine Mercenaries, but linear and boring know what happens when you run over a guy with a half-track? well... if it's you, you die. if it's a badguy, he gets up and reloads.
  14. KevinP.
    Mar 15, 2006
    Aiming is shoddy and gameplay is, frankly, derivative. It's nice to see some destructible environments, but if this is supposed to be a 'next-gen' game on a 'next-gen' system, where is the innovation? Third-person viewpoint is not suited for fast and furious multiplayer. Teammate AI is maddening, as they frequently stand right in front of your aim...plus, Aiming is shoddy and gameplay is, frankly, derivative. It's nice to see some destructible environments, but if this is supposed to be a 'next-gen' game on a 'next-gen' system, where is the innovation? Third-person viewpoint is not suited for fast and furious multiplayer. Teammate AI is maddening, as they frequently stand right in front of your aim...plus, there's a waiting period after giving an order that seems way too long. The Outfit is another example of a game that was promoted as something exciting but ended up much less. Rent it before you buy! Expand
  15. Roco
    Mar 14, 2006
    It may have cartoony graphics and may not redefine the gaming industry, but this game is FUN to play. It is very ADDICTIVE once you get into it. Some of the low reviews have to be from folks who didn't give the game a chance to grow on them. a must-have Xbox 360 title.
  16. T.W.
    Mar 13, 2006
    An amazing blend of RTS (real time strategy) and direct shooting action, graphics are great and espectacular but the best part is the creative and adictive gameplay. Tanks and vehicles looks beautiful. Be able to control the allies and the axis is so much fun.
  17. ChippyV.
    Mar 13, 2006
    Graphics take me back to the original PS toysoldiers. Boring multiplayer
  18. Nov 9, 2011

1. The Outfit does not aspire in the slightest to reflect the sights and sounds of real-life combat in dubya-dubya-two. It aspires to be one thing and one thing only: fun. [Apr 2006, p.82]
    Though a bit rough around the edges in places, The Outfit's fearless fusion of action and strategy pays off in a big way. It's engaging, it's addictive, and it's ferociously one-of-a-kind. [Apr 2006, p.74]
  3. The Outfit's aim for a bold blend of action and strategy gets sabotaged by a repetitious single-player campaign, but it is redeemed somewhat by a more-inspired multiplayer.