The Saboteur Xbox 360

8.2

1. May 10, 2013
    I have zero-resistance for this kind of game: you can drive a car around when doing missions, I like GTA, Mafia and this game all for this reason. I also like Paris. The story of the game is OK, but too short and I dont want to replay it after finished it the first time. Still spent hours in this game to clear all the red dots and had that song 'feeling good' plays in my head for days. II have zero-resistance for this kind of game: you can drive a car around when doing missions, I like GTA, Mafia and this game all for this reason. I also like Paris. The story of the game is OK, but too short and I dont want to replay it after finished it the first time. Still spent hours in this game to clear all the red dots and had that song 'feeling good' plays in my head for days. I think this game deserves more publicity. Expand
  2. Nov 13, 2012
    A good game in its own right, while clearly lacking in many places it has a certain charm about it that kept me coming back until i finished it. That and ridiculous portrayal of the main character Shaun Devlin the Irishman. While I'm not too convinced with the whole black and white idea the game still felt like it was in Paris and as such the setting was one of the major reasons i enjoyedA good game in its own right, while clearly lacking in many places it has a certain charm about it that kept me coming back until i finished it. That and ridiculous portrayal of the main character Shaun Devlin the Irishman. While I'm not too convinced with the whole black and white idea the game still felt like it was in Paris and as such the setting was one of the major reasons i enjoyed this game. Combat wasn't the best and the free play events got boring quickly but this is still worth checking out now that its a cheap game Expand
  3. Jul 9, 2013
    "Pandemic's Swan Song" as it's been called. While the game's atmosphere and concept are outstanding, the game just fails to hit on all the essentials. Gameplay is both good and bad. Where the auto cover and auto reload systems are a great idea, they are also very finicky. I ended up not even using the auto cover half the time cause it was unreliable. The normal gun fire mechanics are"Pandemic's Swan Song" as it's been called. While the game's atmosphere and concept are outstanding, the game just fails to hit on all the essentials. Gameplay is both good and bad. Where the auto cover and auto reload systems are a great idea, they are also very finicky. I ended up not even using the auto cover half the time cause it was unreliable. The normal gun fire mechanics are fine, but cover+fire is only half available. Usually you get blind fire as an option, in this if you tried to blind fire, your character would still pop out from cover to shoot. The other part of the gameplay that I didn't like was the Assassins Creed traversing and hiding. It felt extremely out of place and it was just a frigging nightmare to climb up buildings. Climbing takes far too long and is not smooth at all.

The controls for everything is rather sluggish. Pretty much the only thing that seemed half decent with controls was the driving. The story was rather boring. The WW2 Nazi games have run their course and are now to the point of just being tiresome. Granted the story is still better than a lot of games out there, it still has been done to death. For me, the game became so tedious, monotonous and just plain boring that I stopped after completing all but the last 5 main story missions. The overall game experience made me absolutely hate The Saboteur.

Best part of the game is the Inspiration. When various aspects of the city are under heavy control and overall morality is low, it is visible with the black & white with colored highlight art scheme. When you do missions that remove the Nazi presence in that area the natural color will restore along with the hope of the civilians.

Worst part of the game is the Civilian A.I. You are going to run over people and other drivers are going to hinder you. The civilians never get out of your way and when you are running from the nazis you'll end up mowing several down. The horn feature on the cars does absolutely nothing, they still won't move. It is the worst civilian A I that I've ever seen. "Hey, there's a slow moving tank coming, time to cross the street"........*squish*
  4. JalexD
    Dec 9, 2009
    I'm really very curious to see what the reviews are like for this game once they all come in. This title sounded extremely promising when I first heard about it, but the actual execution is a great fall from it's potential. Not only that, but the gameplay is nearly identical to the 'Godfather' games, only with a much stronger emphasis on climbing and mass destruction. I'm really very curious to see what the reviews are like for this game once they all come in. This title sounded extremely promising when I first heard about it, but the actual execution is a great fall from it's potential. Not only that, but the gameplay is nearly identical to the 'Godfather' games, only with a much stronger emphasis on climbing and mass destruction. And in my opinion, the 'Godfather' games are actually superior. The story, voice acting, atmosphere are all mediocre at best and oftentimes sub-par. This mostly stems from the developers apparent desire to turn a story about Nazi-occupied Paris into a Steven Seagal film. These elements make up a mostly bland experience, but I still give it a slightly above-average score for the times when it does get close to it's potential. Expand
  5. Andrew
    Dec 10, 2009
    Not great... and I'm unsure how that destructoid fellow found that opinion, to me, each and every game mechanic is broken.

While it’s a little rough around the edges we enjoyed this game more than we thought we would. It’s far from perfect, but it’s great to see Pandemic going out with a bang.
  2. A new example of a great concept poorly executed. The Saboteur could be a surprisingly good sandbox if Pandemic just finished it. This game has neat ideas and the potential for being funny, but its gameplay suffers because of its weak development.
  3. The Saboteur may lack the polish of the contemporaries it boldly mimics, but protagonist Sean Devlin’s quest for revenge and an alluring 1940s Paris make this a World War II memory worth making.