8.2

1. Pierre-MichelF
    Jan 10, 2010
    Fantastic game. Fun, entertaining and very long which add to the experience. Those who liked Splinter Cell and Assassins Creed will feel at home with the Saboteur. You can play at your own pace. Some missions are difficult and they require that you use common sense to complete them. If this game would wear a ROCKSTAR or UBISOFT crest, the ratings would be higher...
  2. Mar 23, 2012
    Great atmosphere, good story, sometimes sloppy feeling controls. Overall definitely worth playing and very cheap to buy nowadays. Killing nazis never really gets old.
  3. EricL
    Dec 11, 2009
    This deserves far better than a 72 Metacritic rating. I suspect "Saboteur" is a victim of it's namesake. Framerate hiccups and hand-to-hand combat is clunky, but it excels in story and the ability to suck you into the environment. Not to mention, the auto-cover system is the best of any game yet. I can't believe that the absolutely BORING "GTAIV" got a 98 and this can't This deserves far better than a 72 Metacritic rating. I suspect "Saboteur" is a victim of it's namesake. Framerate hiccups and hand-to-hand combat is clunky, but it excels in story and the ability to suck you into the environment. Not to mention, the auto-cover system is the best of any game yet. I can't believe that the absolutely BORING "GTAIV" got a 98 and this can't scrape up an 80. Something is wrong here. Expand
  4. CoryB
    Dec 21, 2009
    The game pulls you in with its Sin City look. I got this on the cheap and its worth it so far. Yes, it does have sluggish controls but its just fun to play. I think its an 8.5 actually. It reminds me of a 1940s GTA with a little Assasins Creed thrown as far as the climbing elements. If you like GTA and you have interest in shooting Nazis then you will enjoy this one.
  5. Gunner54
    Dec 26, 2009
    I am not a Pandemic fanboy, I loved the first Mercenaries game, but found the second unplayable. Ditto with Star Wars Battleground (and don
  6. MrV
    Dec 8, 2009
    One of the best action adventure games of the year for me and highly underated. I am really enjoying the story, cheesy humor, setting and characters. Sure it is a little rough around the edges, but it has so much atmosphere, character and charm. Gameplay wise it is like Assassins Creed crossed with GTA set in WWII era Paris fighting the Nazis! Oh and I almost forgot about all the eye One of the best action adventure games of the year for me and highly underated. I am really enjoying the story, cheesy humor, setting and characters. Sure it is a little rough around the edges, but it has so much atmosphere, character and charm. Gameplay wise it is like Assassins Creed crossed with GTA set in WWII era Paris fighting the Nazis! Oh and I almost forgot about all the eye candy. Those who have played it will know what I mean ;) Expand
  7. Dec 12, 2010
    An amazing game that is just such fun to play. The city is well designed and the parisian landmarks are recreated in immense detail, notably the eiffel tower, montmarte and notre dame etc. The map is huge and just driving around the countryside is a joy in itself. The story and missions are excellent and a great mix of stealth, planning and all out guns blazing. Blowing up the naziAn amazing game that is just such fun to play. The city is well designed and the parisian landmarks are recreated in immense detail, notably the eiffel tower, montmarte and notre dame etc. The map is huge and just driving around the countryside is a joy in itself. The story and missions are excellent and a great mix of stealth, planning and all out guns blazing. Blowing up the nazi installations and killing nazis just never gets boring. Sure there are some faults such as escaping from alarms can be frustrating and the difficulty can vary wildly but this doesn't detract from the enjoyment.
    What a shame that Pandemic's masterpiece is also their last.
  8. Oct 28, 2012
    Really fun game. Great gameplay, interesting characters and story, huge amount of content. The game is a little rough around the edges, but in the end what matters the most is how much enjoyment you get out of it, and I got a ton out of this game. If you liked Just Cause 2, Crackdown, or Assassin's Creed, or you just like blowing stuff up, you'll most likely love this game.
  9. Feb 6, 2012
    Seriously, WFT is wrong with the likes of IGN and Gamespot giving this such a low score? Just how much are those lowlifes getting paid by the companies to rate AAA titles so highly when they are sh*t, yet great games like this so poorly when they are great? The Saboteur is your usual sandbox game with a few tweaks. Set in WW2, both the graphics and audio aspects of the game go to create aSeriously, WFT is wrong with the likes of IGN and Gamespot giving this such a low score? Just how much are those lowlifes getting paid by the companies to rate AAA titles so highly when they are sh*t, yet great games like this so poorly when they are great? The Saboteur is your usual sandbox game with a few tweaks. Set in WW2, both the graphics and audio aspects of the game go to create a superbly atmospheric world and as the game starts out it promises to be an outstanding experience. Unfortunately that promise falls a bit flat when you get out into the world and realise that it's just another sandbox game. However, when you persist past that you find that the game itself is just an absolute boatload of brilliant fun. Because of easy going freerunning controls and quick + exciting controls in general (makes combat loads of fun), cars which don't explode within two crashes, loads and loads of explosions + nazi killing and a ton of missions this game just chuffing rocks and rocks hard. Stealth is a bit sloppy (esp the disguise aspect of it), you can find yourself looking at your radar throughout the game a bit too often for my liking, and if there was a tiny bit more of an RPG aspect to the character interaction the game would be better for it. But overall the game's a blast - it finds a quality balance of OTT action and down-to earth realism for you to fear danger at most turns, but not be afraid to let lose and go crazy when you have to. In Nov 2011 I purchased this for £8, at Xmas 2011 I bought Skyrim + Dark Souls. Come Feb 2012 Dark Souls and Skyrim got consigned to the "games to swap bin" a while back and I'm still playing this which is firmly rooted in my "games to keep forever" collection. Buy it now. Expand
  10. Apr 14, 2013
    si bien digo que los sandbox no son lo mio pero puede que algo me llame la atención por ejemplo en Sleeping dogs fue su acción, en este caso fue por 2 cosas:

1:Tenes el estilo de assassins creed(o otro juego con el que se entiendan mejor), en que sentido? podes escalar los edificios y el sigilo es como una de las cosas principales en hacer. 2: Matar nazis. Bueno el juego esta

2: Matar nazis.

Bueno el juego esta basado en París en el año 1940, una época en donde los nazis tenían tomado a toda Francia. La historia esta desarrollada durante la segunda guerra mundial, aunque lo que seria lo principal del juego seria en la lucha del protagonista sean lucha contra dierker por venganza. Si hay que definir la historia en un resumen seria "Traición y venganza".

Lo que mejor hice en este juego, ademas de matar nazis y destruir zeppelin nazis fue subir a lo alto de la torre eiffel y suicidarme :D no se que tiene que ver pero me pareció algo genial decirlo.

El juego en general esta en blanco y negro, excepto el símbolo nazi que eso se marca para que identifiques, el fuego y la sangre, porque esta en blanco y negro? porque asi sabes que zonas están tomadas por los nazis y cada vez que liberas una zona, se vuelve a color.

Gráficamente el juego luce bien no es la gran cosa pero esta bien. Jugabilidad buena nada de que quejarme. Todo lo demás es correcto.

PUNTOS A FAVOR: Historia, ambientación (París y una pequeña parte de Alemania) y matar nazis.

PUNTOS EN CONTRA: Una historia no muy bien narrada, bugs(aunque es entendible).

The saboteur sera un sandox a lo gta pero con algo de innovación, no lo compararia con sleeping dogs porque tienen cosas distintas y cada uno tiene lo suyo.En fin es un buen juego a los que les gusten este estilo se los recomiendo.
  11. Jun 25, 2013
    There's a lot of predictability to behold in "The Saboteur"'s story, but thanks to a fast-paced breadth of action, some traditionally cerebral stealth, and some unexpected twists, it lifts itself above the common rabble.
  12. JalexD
    Dec 9, 2009
    I'm really very curious to see what the reviews are like for this game once they all come in. This title sounded extremely promising when I first heard about it, but the actual execution is a great fall from it's potential. Not only that, but the gameplay is nearly identical to the 'Godfather' games, only with a much stronger emphasis on climbing and mass destruction. I'm really very curious to see what the reviews are like for this game once they all come in. This title sounded extremely promising when I first heard about it, but the actual execution is a great fall from it's potential. Not only that, but the gameplay is nearly identical to the 'Godfather' games, only with a much stronger emphasis on climbing and mass destruction. And in my opinion, the 'Godfather' games are actually superior. The story, voice acting, atmosphere are all mediocre at best and oftentimes sub-par. This mostly stems from the developers apparent desire to turn a story about Nazi-occupied Paris into a Steven Seagal film. These elements make up a mostly bland experience, but I still give it a slightly above-average score for the times when it does get close to it's potential. Expand
  13. Billd
    Dec 13, 2009
    This is the last WWII game I ever buy. The Genre has gotten stale and while this game had what seemed to be a different take, it just falls flat. The graphics are garbage, the story is lame and game play sucks. Unlike the other people here I found the dialogue to be servicable with a couple laughs.
  14. Jan 29, 2012
    This is a game with a great deal of fun action sequences and a brilliant alternate history story line, it has dragged me back in again to try and find all the tanks and to destroy all the emplacements
  15. Nov 9, 2013
    This Game is Astonishing! i was so disappointed to find out that pandemic has shut their doors after the release of this game, this game is creative in its story and design, the plot is great!, Sean devlin is probably the most Funny,charming, rememberable character i have ever played as, The Graphics at the the time was ok', but despite that the gameplay overides that completely, its justThis Game is Astonishing! i was so disappointed to find out that pandemic has shut their doors after the release of this game, this game is creative in its story and design, the plot is great!, Sean devlin is probably the most Funny,charming, rememberable character i have ever played as, The Graphics at the the time was ok', but despite that the gameplay overides that completely, its just plain Sandbox' FUN', smashing hit!, and i hope some game company can lift off from pandemic to make a sequel!! Expand
  16. Mar 2, 2014
    Pros:
    -open world, lots of stuff to do.

Cons:
    Bad gameplay, slow climbing, stealth, cover doesn't work, difficulty spikes, tank controls are awkward.
    Bad graphics, this game does have a good art style, but it's often too dark, and once liberated the colours bring out the bad textures.
    Horrible voice acting, really irratating.
    Ridiculous story.
  17. ChrisS
    Jan 4, 2010
    This game hasn't gotten its due. It is groundbreaking? No. But the 3rd person shooting is better, measurably, than GTA 4's, and the escape and climbing mechanics feel like they matter. Escaping Nazis has a certain air of mystique to it that this game captures perfectly. The setpiece or 'wow' moments are perfectly paced and particularly amazing. Are the traffic systems This game hasn't gotten its due. It is groundbreaking? No. But the 3rd person shooting is better, measurably, than GTA 4's, and the escape and climbing mechanics feel like they matter. Escaping Nazis has a certain air of mystique to it that this game captures perfectly. The setpiece or 'wow' moments are perfectly paced and particularly amazing. Are the traffic systems as refined as GTA 4? Hardly, but I still can't stop playing this game. It's an enjoyable experience start to finish, and a surprising one at that. Expand
  18. TomM
    Jan 1, 2010
    I really do not know how people like Total Video Games can give this game such a low rating, it is one of the best i've played, and i've played a few games similar to this, E.G assasins creed 2 and GTA IV and i still think this game tops both of them in areas uncredited for which im really annoyed about, because people are telling me that this game will get a sequel if the game I really do not know how people like Total Video Games can give this game such a low rating, it is one of the best i've played, and i've played a few games similar to this, E.G assasins creed 2 and GTA IV and i still think this game tops both of them in areas uncredited for which im really annoyed about, because people are telling me that this game will get a sequel if the game sells well, but it wont sell well when people are giving biased ratings like that! Expand
  19. NickS
    Jan 1, 2010
    This is a game that not only compares favorably to some of the better GTA knock offs (CRACKDOWN) but in some aspects is as enjoyable as the GTA games. Great graphics, interesting missions and most of all addictive and FUN gameplay.
  20. ErikL
    Dec 8, 2009
    I'm having a lot of fun with this game. Driving around blowing things up and driving through cows :] The dialouge has some pretty funny moments and the story is decent enough. Recomended!
  21. J
    Dec 10, 2009
    The reviews are mostly wrong.The driving is great, the action is great, the story is fun, the characters are interesting, the climbing is fun and not ripping off Assassin's Creed 2 doesn't mean it isn't, the settings are wonderful- the only accurate thing is that yes, the graphics are ground breaking. Who cares. It's a great vibe, a great atmosphere, fairly brave to The reviews are mostly wrong.The driving is great, the action is great, the story is fun, the characters are interesting, the climbing is fun and not ripping off Assassin's Creed 2 doesn't mean it isn't, the settings are wonderful- the only accurate thing is that yes, the graphics are ground breaking. Who cares. It's a great vibe, a great atmosphere, fairly brave to use such a huge extent of black and white, and at it's base, it's just fun. Do yourself a favor and try this game. If the box said "RockStar" on it, it'd get over 90s easily. Expand
  22. Soma
    Dec 10, 2009
    I've been following the game since they first announced, and I must say, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I've easily spent the better part of the day running around Nazi infested Paris and sabotaging the Nazis. I was shocked when Nazi's randomly carted an old lady away in the streets! Makes killing Nazis all the more fun.
  23. WillL
    Dec 16, 2009
    Game much better than ratings it has been getting. It doesn't need to load every 5 seconds like Assassin's creed 2 and has much richer enviroment that allows user to solve missions in a variety of different ways. The stealth system is better than creed, I also prefered the climbing system, at least it is clear what you can or cannot hang on to. Just a shame about voice acting Game much better than ratings it has been getting. It doesn't need to load every 5 seconds like Assassin's creed 2 and has much richer enviroment that allows user to solve missions in a variety of different ways. The stealth system is better than creed, I also prefered the climbing system, at least it is clear what you can or cannot hang on to. Just a shame about voice acting and script. EA haters shame on you! Got it wrong on this one. Expand
  24. BENB
    Dec 21, 2009
    The game is tell about wwII ussually this genre is fps but the one of this. They make Sandbox no FPS again (like Call of dutty, Medal of Honnor, etc)
  25. oliverb
    Dec 27, 2009
    an awesome game. sure, the graphics might not be amazing or the combat the best, but the artistic style and sandbox world make this one of the sleeper hits of 2009.
  26. dmr30
    Dec 31, 2009
    This game has been highly underated. It is also huge I have now played for 20 hours and I have only finished 50% of the main missions and 20% of the freeplay goals. I just performed a mission in which I had to free a prisoner from a nazi prison and in order to do this I first stealth killed a soldier to get a nazi uniform, then I planted some explosive on a nazi vehicle and left it near This game has been highly underated. It is also huge I have now played for 20 hours and I have only finished 50% of the main missions and 20% of the freeplay goals. I just performed a mission in which I had to free a prisoner from a nazi prison and in order to do this I first stealth killed a soldier to get a nazi uniform, then I planted some explosive on a nazi vehicle and left it near the main entrance. Next I used a sniper rifle to clear the roof of guards and then used a rope to climb to the roof. I then killled a guard carrying a submachine gun with a suppressed hand gun and swapped out my sniper rifle for the submachine gun. I decided it was time to get loud and gunned down the two guards that were carrying flame throwers that were guarding the prisoner. The machine gun fire was heard and the alarm sounded and my cover was blown. I opened the prisoner cell, detonated the fuel tank which wiped out most of the guards on the front entrance and then sprinted to my pre-planted sports car escape vehicle with the prisoner and escaped to a area of the city which I had already liberated and which fought back against the Germans that were chasing me. I think that if this game gets any negative reviews the reviewer has not given it enough time to understand its nuances as it took me about 5 hours to realise the depth of options available with missions. Sorry to see Pandemic closed down after they release a game that is so great. Expand
  27. Jacobw
    Dec 9, 2009
    The critics are totally wrong about the game, the story is great, graphics are ok but the gameplay is outstanding. While you played the first five missions or so you really get into it.
  28. DavidD
    Dec 9, 2009
    The Saboteur is great fun. In a world where GTAIV gets 10's, seeing this game recieve such a low score feels like some kind of injustice. The gameplay mechanics stand head and shoulders above GTA, and while the story may be a little cliche and contrived, but overall the game is very enjoyable!
  29. HagenM
    Jan 18, 2010
    Phenomenal experience. Brilliant voice-acting, action, and a wonderful stealth system. This is Pandemic's swan song and even though they've broken my heart with Mercs 2 but I love this game. Anyone who enjoys a sandbox experience should own this game.
  30. Andrew
    Dec 10, 2009
    Not great... and I'm unsure how that destructoid fellow found that opinion, to me, each and every game mechanic is broken.

While it’s a little rough around the edges we enjoyed this game more than we thought we would. It’s far from perfect, but it’s great to see Pandemic going out with a bang.
  2. A new example of a great concept poorly executed. The Saboteur could be a surprisingly good sandbox if Pandemic just finished it. This game has neat ideas and the potential for being funny, but its gameplay suffers because of its weak development.
  3. The Saboteur may lack the polish of the contemporaries it boldly mimics, but protagonist Sean Devlin’s quest for revenge and an alluring 1940s Paris make this a World War II memory worth making.