8.8

1. Aug 19, 2013
    This is how point and click adventures work. It has logical puzzles, wonderful writing, and some of the best characters in video games. This game must be bought!
  2. Apr 26, 2013
    WARNING BIAS REVIEW!
    this was probably the first game I played when i was young. Playing this on my Amiga 500 with the 4 Floppy Discs (Remember them?) and constantly having to change as you moved from area to area. I found the scripting and the humour to be subtle but charming and the characters to be well thought up. The game now available is still the same old game that you remember but
    they have taken a few bits from the later series and put them into the new. The voice actors from the third game (Curse of monkey Island i think) has been brought in to voice the characters and they have given the game a new lick of paint. You can however change this back to the original with the push of a button.
    Point and click games are back with this and games such as 'The Walking Dead'. this is not quite where it all began but it is the most successful of the early breed of Point and Click adventures and what really gave the new modern games the audience they have today.
    Play this and tell me if you don't want to go Insult Sword Fighting... How Appropriate, you fight like a cow.
  3. Nov 13, 2012
    Point and click adventure with a great sense of humour. I very much like how you have the option to switch between old and new graphics. Be warned that this game is hard and can be frustrating if you become stumped.
  4. Nov 13, 2012

1. If you’ve never played Monkey Island, now you've got a very good reason to.
  2. The Secret of Monkey Island is still one of the greatest games of all time and this new Special Edition presents it to a new audience with its fantastic production values and hilarious dialogue.
  3. For 10 dollars, The Secret of Monkey Island: SE is a steal. The game pays homage to series enthusiasts, as well as making it accessible to an entire new generation of gamers.