7.7

1. Feb 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I understand that people are not really into this DLC but I am because it has 4 stories instead of just one, but I admit that they needed to explain each character more because it became a bit vague.
    I know that I lost my family in Macon but I ran into somebody on the side of the road that looked familiar because I think there was an argument or something and that someone was a girl shot in the cheek... Wait it's Carly ;(... But look at the bright side at least you get 15G for finding her.
    So the story starts off with Duck and Me at Gil's Pitstop... We then cut to 400 days later, I know. And we see that the gates to hell have been opened and walkers are everywhere... I haven't seen that many walkers since the alleyway scene. Anyways so the walkers decide to take a break and GTFO, What? So then you go up to a board and interact with the photos that say... Vince,Wyatt,Russell,Bonnie and Shel.
    Those are the stories in order and your choices would influence who would go to this lady Tavia's community which might appear in season 2 because I'm pretty sure I saw Vince,Eddie and Wyatt for Episode 9:Amid the Ruins. I'm Kenny from the walking dead and I review it to save lives.
  2. Dec 19, 2013
    The Walking Dead: 400 Days is a fun dlc for an already great game by Telltale. Although it feels somewhat divided, it is a fun experience that should not be missed
  3. Oct 15, 2013
    The Walking Dead 400 Days maybe not be nearly as compelling and emotionally engaging as Lee and Clementine's story in season 1 but still manages to nicely set up each of the new characters who are sure to be prominent in the series second season. Though only about 1&1/2 hours total it will please fans and shows that Telltale Games can diversify storytelling and still make it work excellently.
  4. Sep 20, 2013
    How do i start this... The wlking dead 400 days is a very fast paced experience. It tries to capture the story telling it did in the main game, in short bursts. While it succeeds at some points, there are generally still problems in gameplay and mechanics, and the lackluster telling of some of the back stories, but it is enjoyable... and that is what matters!
  5. Aug 25, 2013
    entertaining characters and interesting stories! however as the stories are so short there is not enough time to build that relationship with the characters that the original 5 episodes had. this is also really short but that is to be expected for the price. 400 days still has those classic walking dead hard decisions and shocking moments. the gameplay also does not improve from theentertaining characters and interesting stories! however as the stories are so short there is not enough time to build that relationship with the characters that the original 5 episodes had. this is also really short but that is to be expected for the price. 400 days still has those classic walking dead hard decisions and shocking moments. the gameplay also does not improve from the original series but i don't think that will ever change.

if you were a fan of the original 5 episodes you have probably already bought this, otherwise go ahead and check it out
  6. Aug 22, 2013
    Having completed Season 1 of The Walking Dead, I was very interested to play 400 Days to experience these new characters. On the whole, I enjoyed this DLC, although it did seem very short. Stories are very mixed with some seeming longer than others, and some appearing to be mostly dialogue. The character I liked most of all was Wyatt because of the clever (and funny) dialogue in his story.Having completed Season 1 of The Walking Dead, I was very interested to play 400 Days to experience these new characters. On the whole, I enjoyed this DLC, although it did seem very short. Stories are very mixed with some seeming longer than others, and some appearing to be mostly dialogue. The character I liked most of all was Wyatt because of the clever (and funny) dialogue in his story.

The most frustrating element of 400 Days is the addition of random (luck) choices. Without spoilers, in one episode you play a short game which will decide the course of the story. Unfortunately, I experienced the same outcome in the next playthrough, and the checkpoint is quite a way prior to this game taking place. This is very frustrating if you are interested in branching storylines and would like to see how alternative choices play out. Additionally, there is an achievement linked to this game which achievement hunters may find frustrating to get if they are not lucky.

Overall, I enjoyed this DLC. However, given the ending, I am wondering how relevant the time I have spent with some of these characters will be to Season 2.
  7. Aug 15, 2013
    There has yet to be an episode of The Walking Dead that I did not enjoy, and this is no exception. The only problem with this episode is it that only whets your appetite.. You don't get enough to feel satisfied. What we do get though, certainly has me excited for the coming season 2.
  8. Aug 6, 2013
    The Walking Dead was hands down the best game of 2012. 400 Days acts a bridge between the beloved Season 1 and the upcoming Season 2 of the immensely popular point & click adventure game series, but is it good?
    In short yes, buy it if you are a fan of TWD but there are few things worth noting that let it down. Firstly it is about an hour long, much much shorter than any of the other episodes from Season 1 for the same price as a normal episode. Secondly the episode is split into 6 sections, five 10-20 minute sections on introducing the new main characters for Season 2 in their own little backstory and a 5 minute finale which brings these stories together and sets up the premise for Season 2.
    The game gives you so much information over a short period of time that it can sometimes be hard to process what exactly you are being told without having to replay the game 2 or maybe even 3 times over to actually understand everything, plus you never get a feel for any of the characters because they aren't around long enough. Of course this will all be fixed in Season 2 but for now it feels too crammed.
    Your actions from Season 1 will carry over into 400 Days and your actions from Season 1 & 400 Days will carry over to Season 2, but the choices in 400 Days almost felt made for me, that I had no say in it. I blame the information overload because I just felt carried through the game rather than having to sit and think about things for a second or two.
    400 Days is an awesome DLC and a must own for anybody who plays Telltale's masterpiece, however its not perfect and nor is it as good as any of the episodes from Season 1.
  9. Jul 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So maybe 400 Days wasn't as good as the regular season, but I will tell you, it is still a damn good episode. This DLC includes 5 playable characters who each possess a story of their own in surviving this zombie apocalypse. What I like about this episode in particular is pretty much the obvious, all of your choices you make with the characters affect what happens in the future, which is cool and one of the main reasons why I like this game in general. But my only problems with this episode are pretty much the obvious, the characters aren't really easy to get attached to like Lee was in the first season episodes, and each persons story goes really fast, like 20-30 minutes, so nothing much really happens. Although I felt that this was a good bridge between the first and second season however, its not the best, but still very good. Expand
  10. Jul 27, 2013
    Intense stuff. I love this add-on to the game. It got me hyped for season 2's release. I can't wait. I remember how grueling it was waiting for each episode in season 1 to be released, but after playing 400 days, I know that the wait will be worth it yet again.
  11. Jul 12, 2013
    More of Telltale's The Walking Dead. What more could you ask for? This episode is meant to be the bridge between the first and second seasons. With new characters and new conflicts, this episode opens up many doors for season 2 to improve on story where some players thought season 1 fell short. The length of this episode is equal to or longer than any episode in season 1. If you lovedMore of Telltale's The Walking Dead. What more could you ask for? This episode is meant to be the bridge between the first and second seasons. With new characters and new conflicts, this episode opens up many doors for season 2 to improve on story where some players thought season 1 fell short. The length of this episode is equal to or longer than any episode in season 1. If you loved season 1, and/or you plan on getting season 2, this is a must buy. Expand
  12. Jul 10, 2013
    Love it. A bit short, but it was awesome nonetheless. Love how your choices actually affect the end, and that little scene in one of the stories (spoiler free) made me smile
  13. Jul 9, 2013
    The Walking Dead: 400 Days stato un piacevole passatempo dopo aver concluso la prima eccelsa stagione composta da cinque capitoli che mi hanno appassionato tanto da portarmi ad interessarmi all'intero franchise. Tuttavia non valuto questo nuovo episodio con lo stesso valore delle precedenti uscite. Lascia in sospeso molte domande e avrei preferito un ulteriore approfondimento sulleThe Walking Dead: 400 Days stato un piacevole passatempo dopo aver concluso la prima eccelsa stagione composta da cinque capitoli che mi hanno appassionato tanto da portarmi ad interessarmi all'intero franchise. Tuttavia non valuto questo nuovo episodio con lo stesso valore delle precedenti uscite. Lascia in sospeso molte domande e avrei preferito un ulteriore approfondimento sulle vicende dei personaggi "vecchi", la mia speranza quella di trovare un seguito degno delle prime uscite con l'arrivo della nuova stagione. Voto: 8 Expand
  14. Jul 9, 2013
    I'm edging towards an 8.5/10 for this one. I love The Walking Dead episodes that Telltale has made, they've vastly superior to the TV series and the monstrosity of a game that we know as TWD: Survival Instincts. Here we have 5 new characters and we follow their brief stories that last around 15-20 minutes max. Some of the characters you instantly get a connection for, such as Russell,I'm edging towards an 8.5/10 for this one. I love The Walking Dead episodes that Telltale has made, they've vastly superior to the TV series and the monstrosity of a game that we know as TWD: Survival Instincts. Here we have 5 new characters and we follow their brief stories that last around 15-20 minutes max. Some of the characters you instantly get a connection for, such as Russell, Vince, and even Shel. I wasn't incredibly keen on Bonnie or Wyatt, but they're character and they have the same issues and traits as people we see everyday. The gameplay varies between each characters, some being constant dialogue and decision making evens, and other have you explore your environment. It's an excellent balance and each story is interesting and it all leads to an excellent epilogue and a glimpse towards the future of Telltale's superb Walking Dead story. My only complaint is that the entire thing took me a little over an hour to beat, pretty short, with that some of the dialogue has more to be desired of. Keep an eye out for an old friend if you've played the original 5 episodes, this is a great piece of DLC to add the Telltale's amazing Walking Dead series. Expand
  15. Jul 9, 2013
    The first season of the Walking Dead earned its many Game of the Year awards. The short but exciting 400 Days is a fitting continuation of that experience filled with compelling new characters that I look forward to seeing in future installments. At the same time it also feels as the player's role has been reduced even more to something resembling a passive "reader" rather than player. NotThe first season of the Walking Dead earned its many Game of the Year awards. The short but exciting 400 Days is a fitting continuation of that experience filled with compelling new characters that I look forward to seeing in future installments. At the same time it also feels as the player's role has been reduced even more to something resembling a passive "reader" rather than player. Not only is this game easier (and the puzzles non existent) but it practically plays itself in most sections. The thrill of making one decision or another has been dulled quite a bit since season one due to a lack of agency on the player's part. I think it's time to refine certain aspects of this series. Namely, gameplay. A renewed emphasis on exploration and puzzle solving for Walking Dead season two is, in my opinion, crucial to keep this series relevant. Expand
  16. Jul 7, 2013
    Despite the fact that the player had little real control over how its plot unfolded the first season of The Walking Dead was an excellent game and really set a new standard for interactive storytelling. 400 days introduces us to 5 new characters, who I can only assume will feature in the second season, showing a brief glimpse of the events they have experienced over the last year and aDespite the fact that the player had little real control over how its plot unfolded the first season of The Walking Dead was an excellent game and really set a new standard for interactive storytelling. 400 days introduces us to 5 new characters, who I can only assume will feature in the second season, showing a brief glimpse of the events they have experienced over the last year and a bit. The script and dialogue are just as good as before and, although it is difficult to really become attached to any of them in such a short period of time, it does a really good job of highlighting each characters personality.

Hopefully the first proper episode of season two will improve upon some of the flaws of the first but for now this 400 point download is certainly worth a look.
  17. Jul 6, 2013
    The shortest episode ever. Maybe it is too soon to judge, but after playing the episode I don't care any of the new characters. All the back stories feel lame and uninteresting. Hope it will get better. For this episode, gameplay: 7. Story: 3.
  18. Jul 5, 2013
    An entertaining story that connects between the first and second season for the Walking Dead video game. This new DLC, "400 Days" introduces five new playable characters and their experience in the apocalypse during the events of Season One or after. While each level is short, Telltale still finds a way for the player to get attached to the characters in some way, and also be sure to lookAn entertaining story that connects between the first and second season for the Walking Dead video game. This new DLC, "400 Days" introduces five new playable characters and their experience in the apocalypse during the events of Season One or after. While each level is short, Telltale still finds a way for the player to get attached to the characters in some way, and also be sure to look out for easter eggs from the first season of the game. Although the DLC is short so is the price so for those who are looking for some more Walking Dead experience while waiting for Season Two, get this DLC. Collapse
  19. Jul 5, 2013
    Lets get this out of the way: if you Re expecting ate emotional and intense game you played in the first season then tamper your expectations a bit here. This isn't a full season where you have the time to get attached to characters. 400 Days is essentially a filler until the second season hits in a few months. That being said, 400 Days is definitely worth picking up. It's still has thatLets get this out of the way: if you Re expecting ate emotional and intense game you played in the first season then tamper your expectations a bit here. This isn't a full season where you have the time to get attached to characters. 400 Days is essentially a filler until the second season hits in a few months. That being said, 400 Days is definitely worth picking up. It's still has that same visceral and realistic feel we've come to expect from Telltale Games. I dont want to say too much because its best to go in fresh. If you are looking for something to tide you over until the next season begins then you'll certainly want to pick this up. Expand
  20. Jul 5, 2013
    The Walking Dead: 400 Days is a piece of DLC set during the first 400 days of the zombie outbreak in the Walking Dead universe. The user takes control of 5 new characters who at different points during this 400 day period, come across or pass a gas station by a main road.
    The first thing that players should be wary of is the fact this content is set out in a completely different format from the first season of the game, which was told as a story. Whereas 400 days allows players to choose the order of the characters they play as which strangely means the game doesn't have to be played in chronological order.
    Fans of the first season should be aware that while there are mentions to the first season this DLC focuses on introducing us to the 5 new characters which we can assume are going to be the main protagonists in season 2. However, this doesn't prevent the game from being incredibly fun to play and if you like the first season you will almost certainly enjoy this "expansion".
    This doesn't mean there aren't issues with the DLC though, the most notable problem being how short it is. Even if you take your time and analyse everything you should still be finished in about an hour and a half.
    In conclusion, I believe this is a must buy for big fans of the first season however due to how fun and short it is it will only make the wait until the second season feel that much longer.
  21. Jul 5, 2013
    In the age of next-gen graphics, online-mutilplayer and twitch reaction shooters we can thank Telltale Games for helping to keep one of my favorite genres alive; the adventure game. Telltale has obviously mastered adventure gaming, anyone can plainly see this with last years hit, Walking Dead, which won multiple GOTY awards. Now they're looking to continue their hot streak with 400 Days,In the age of next-gen graphics, online-mutilplayer and twitch reaction shooters we can thank Telltale Games for helping to keep one of my favorite genres alive; the adventure game. Telltale has obviously mastered adventure gaming, anyone can plainly see this with last years hit, Walking Dead, which won multiple GOTY awards. Now they're looking to continue their hot streak with 400 Days, but can Telltale catch fire-in-a-bottle twice?

Read the full review at www.GameFan365.com
  22. Jul 5, 2013
    The Walking Dead: 400 Days is a DLC Episode for The Walking Dead: Season 1 created by Telltale Games, this story follows 5 new characters and does not follow Clementine. These 5 new stories are short, brutal, unique situations with 27 characters in total. 400 Days is supposed to be a new experience, but with the awesome Walking Dead atmosphere. These new experiences bring in veryThe Walking Dead: 400 Days is a DLC Episode for The Walking Dead: Season 1 created by Telltale Games, this story follows 5 new characters and does not follow Clementine. These 5 new stories are short, brutal, unique situations with 27 characters in total. 400 Days is supposed to be a new experience, but with the awesome Walking Dead atmosphere. These new experiences bring in very interesting situations with a lot of variations, and i love them all, even though i love Clementine, we always need something new.

Now, as this is 5 new characters that we only have around 15-30 min with, we only get to know them in a very short amount of time, sometimes they tell about themselves to a person they just met, or you just have to listen to people talking with that person about maybe their sister or what crime they committed etc. For the most part, this works, but sometimes you can get a little lost. You also don't get the same attachments with these characters considering it's only 15-30 min with them, unlike Lee and Clementine, in which we had 10 hours to connect with them. But these 5 stories are intense, scary, brutal, and still emotional even though the short time. They all even have their own tone, which is really nice!

The thing that i also like, is all the connections, because of these connections, i'd recommend you play through the stories by the time, Vince (2nd day) first, and last, Shel (236). You might remember a choice you made in Season 1 or in the previous story, and you might see a character from Season 1 or another story, and my reaction was either sad, happy, or just simply "OH MY GOD!!!". 400 Days is also full of plenty suprises along the way.

The only negative about it is its short length.

Sadly i can't give it a 9.5 here at Metacritic so i'll just give it a 10 :).

www.youtube.com/headshotprolol

-William
  23. Jul 5, 2013

1. Sep 2, 2013
    The Walking Dead - 400 Days delivers action, story and horror in perfect-sized bites. Even though it lacks the strong leading characters like Clementine and Lee, it still packs a good amount of fun gameplay. Too bad it’s over way too quickly, but 400 Days does make the perfect bride between The Walking Dead Season One and Two and is strong entry to the series.
  2. Sep 1, 2013
    Reasonably-priced, high quality DLC that's left us hungry for the next full season. [Oct 2013, p.71]
  3. Aug 21, 2013