8.5

1. Jan 28, 2013
    Anyone who doesn't view Telltale's The Walking Dead as a masterpiece doesn't have a good taste in games. After a frustrating experience with AMC's The Walking Dead television adaptation, I was surprised to see that Telltale was able to capture the gruesome dark horror of Kirkman's comic, with some amazing new characters and stories. A must play.
  2. Apr 1, 2013
    First of all would like to say i am not obsessed with the walking dead. I only bought the game because microsoft was having a sale and i heard it was good. At first i felt it might be overhyped but It did not disappoint! If you are looking for a traditional zombie game like resident evil look elsewhere. This is not a shooter and doesn't have any shooter mechanics. The gameplay is simpleFirst of all would like to say i am not obsessed with the walking dead. I only bought the game because microsoft was having a sale and i heard it was good. At first i felt it might be overhyped but It did not disappoint! If you are looking for a traditional zombie game like resident evil look elsewhere. This is not a shooter and doesn't have any shooter mechanics. The gameplay is simple and there are quick time scenes but where this game shines is the story. Its about the people you are traveling with and the way you want your character to act. There are no traditional choices and there is only one ending but the choices you make do change your character. I don't consider that the illusion of choice personally. You might not be able to change your destination but you can change your character and partially how you get there which for me counts. My only complaints are sometimes the game can feel slow but it makes up for it with the story, the surprises that occur from time to time and the choices you make. If your a fan of the show get it if you prefer games with a great story get it, if you want something similar to a shooter horror game you won't find it here but if want something different if your willing to take the chance what you will find is an surprisingly excellent adventure. I wouldn't say it deserved game of the year but it is for sure a great game. Expand
  3. Mar 1, 2013
    This game was one of the largest, most profoundly delightful surprises I have ever experienced in gaming. It invoked such a strong emotional response for me that was both a shocking surprise and a welcomed change. I was intimately attached to all the characters and the loss of any of them was a real impact on both myself and the story. Each person had weight, value and substance. ThisThis game was one of the largest, most profoundly delightful surprises I have ever experienced in gaming. It invoked such a strong emotional response for me that was both a shocking surprise and a welcomed change. I was intimately attached to all the characters and the loss of any of them was a real impact on both myself and the story. Each person had weight, value and substance. This wasn't so much a game as it was an experience. Telltale games should be damn proud of what they did here. This game should be studied carefully by other companies for a very long time. Expand
  4. Dec 23, 2012
    OK so I have written a review for each individual episode already. But this game, this game is the best game to have been produced in a long time. The last game that made me feel this way about characters and my decisions was Heavy Rain back in 2010 and this could arguably do it better. The Walking Dead sets itself in the comic book universe, not the TV one. You play as Lee Everett, aOK so I have written a review for each individual episode already. But this game, this game is the best game to have been produced in a long time. The last game that made me feel this way about characters and my decisions was Heavy Rain back in 2010 and this could arguably do it better. The Walking Dead sets itself in the comic book universe, not the TV one. You play as Lee Everett, a convicted murder being sent to jail. As the escort car crashes Lee is knocked unconscious, upon awakening he finds himself in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. After being rescued by a little girl named Clementine, Lee promises to take her to Savannah to find her parents. Along the way you'll meet Kenny, Duck, Ben, Omid, Christa, Katja, Chuck and so many more characters including Herschel Greene and Glen from the comics. As you travel across America you learn the true value of having someone to love, someone to care for, forgiveness, revenge and how to diffuse a sticky situation. You will encounter a blackmailer, cannibals, suicidal's and people wanting to watch Lee curl up and die before their eyes.
    The Walking Dead is a truly astounding game, emotionally engaging and a well deserved winner of GOTY 2012. A game that everyone must play.
  5. Aug 12, 2013
    If you enjoy the 'everyone dies and the world is terrible' zombie cliche then you will enjoy the walking dead.

Otherwise skip it. There were many instances that felt contrived, For instance the second episode has a end you can see from a mile away and is frustratingly slow and painful since you can do literally nothing to stop it. These types of games try to show the 'realistic'

Otherwise skip it.

There were many instances that felt contrived, For instance the second episode has a end you can see from a mile away and is frustratingly slow and painful since you can do literally nothing to stop it. These types of games try to show the 'realistic' man-kills-man world and just ends up failing to truly leave a lasting impact.

Gameplay wise I enjoyed the style of play, but was frustrated by the inconsistency of the gun mechanics the few necessary times it must be used..
  6. Mar 26, 2013
    This is very cool!!!! Best game with heavy rain. Impressive history, wonderful characters, one of the best games I've ever played to... experience of life to do, I will always remember
  7. Oct 18, 2013
    Xbox version priced sucked compared to the PC version so went with that. Played the 360 demo unimpressed initially now I love this game on the PC. Thanks for the cheaper version PC clients, cheers.
  8. Jan 9, 2013
    Rarely do games come across where you feel so emotionally invested in the characters that you can't leave the game alone. This is one of those games. Grinning, frowning, and almost crying, THe Walking Dead is a masterpiece
  9. Mar 27, 2013
    this game is frickin awesome. made me, a 16 year old teen dude cry........ thats how good and emotional gripping this game is. do yourself a service and play this game if you have not played it yet.
  10. Apr 30, 2013
    This game isnt for everyone, some will be bored by the lack of ""action" but those who have experienced a telltale game before will know what to expect with it, and this certainly delivers well, and with much better real time action and genuine thrills than anything of theirs i have played yet. This is the best story i think i've played in a game in a very long time, never before have iThis game isnt for everyone, some will be bored by the lack of ""action" but those who have experienced a telltale game before will know what to expect with it, and this certainly delivers well, and with much better real time action and genuine thrills than anything of theirs i have played yet. This is the best story i think i've played in a game in a very long time, never before have i cared for, hated or just felt strongly about an entire games worth of characters. The relationship with the girl Clementine is just done perfectly, this game wouldn't have worked if you didn't find yourself caring for her, and even the most cynical person will find themselves fearing for her safety. All in all, this game had me staying up late at night finishing each chapter because i just HAD to know that everyone would be ok, and also got me into the just as excellent television show (though i must say, surprisingly i feel more for the characters in the game than i do the tv series!) Expand
  11. Jul 19, 2013
    This is one the most nerve-wracking and emotionally intense games I've ever played. It is able to make you feel like you are ACTUALLY there, suffering through the end with these characters. Some you will love, and some you will love to hate! The game is nearly perfect in almost every sense. ESPECIALLY for what it was trying to accomplish: Bring a comic book to life. It was hands-down GOtYThis is one the most nerve-wracking and emotionally intense games I've ever played. It is able to make you feel like you are ACTUALLY there, suffering through the end with these characters. Some you will love, and some you will love to hate! The game is nearly perfect in almost every sense. ESPECIALLY for what it was trying to accomplish: Bring a comic book to life. It was hands-down GOtY 2012. If you are getting a Walking Dead game, make sure it says Telltale, and not Activision! Expand
  12. Oct 14, 2013
    The absolute certainty about The Walking Dead Game is that it will surprise you with its magnificence. It is not a game for everyone, but to those who appreciate other genre of video games will simply love how unique and fantastic 'TWDG' really is. In fact, it the most unique game I have ever played and provided me perhaps my most favorite experience playing a video game.

The

The mechanics of TWDG is essentially point and click. The core elements will not have you constantly shooting zombies or platforming of any sort, it is basically a fantastic story that you are apart of, you can investigate the surrounding or engage in conversations with other survivors. But there are two main parts about the game that make it so incredible. The journey you go through as a player is memorable, each episode is innovative and different with the current and new characters really engage you into the story.

But perhaps the number one reason why TWDG is an incredible game is how the writers managed to pull off the amazing relationship and chemistry between Lee and Clementine. Lee is Clem's father figure, each conversation you have has significance and you really care for her throughout, you simply can't hate her.

All I can say is The Walking Dead Game will be a game like none you have played before, its cheap and worth a try because by the time you beat the story, it will be one of your favorite games ever.

13. Mar 31, 2013
    This game is one the best to hit the market. It is not like most recent zombie games like Left 4 Dead and Resident Evil. This game not only deals with killing zombies but also the decisions you make with fellow survivors.
    There are QTE's most of the time when killing zombies which the only draw back with that mechanic is the d-pad icon for looking. Whenever you have successive QTE's, the icon will reset or be somewhere else on the screen rather than where you left that.
    The story is amazing and the interactions with the NPC's are important and interesting. You can make friends or enemies with survivors. The decisions you make in the game affect the game play which increases the replay ability. I got this game for $30 at Best Buy and is a great deal. I definitely recommend this game who wants something different than zombie shooters.
  14. Jan 29, 2013
    Do you like the comics, the show ? The Walking Dead? This game is the first time I got to find out what kinda person I would be in TWD universe. Low on action but HEAVY on feel and atmosphere. I loved it!
  15. Jan 2, 2013
    The game is not without flaws (I thought a few animations looked a bit thrown together), but it's easily one of the best games I played in 2012. This is a game for people who like their games to tell them a story, and who like to feel something for the character they play as.
  16. Jan 12, 2013
    Anyone who remotely likes a story driven game will love this, the game completely went above my expectations and then some. Playing out more like an interactive story than a standalone game allows the player to gain an emotional attachment to the characters like few other games can. It is also one of the only games that has made me well up at the ending. Can't wait for season 2!
  17. Jan 31, 2013
    Not so much a game as it is an interactive TV show. However, that doesn't make it any less enjoyable than some of the more gameplay oriented AAA titles out there. The Walking Dead does something that many other games fail to do. Make me care. Not only do I feel some form of emotional attachment to many of the characters in this game, with Clementine getting the strongest focus of theNot so much a game as it is an interactive TV show. However, that doesn't make it any less enjoyable than some of the more gameplay oriented AAA titles out there. The Walking Dead does something that many other games fail to do. Make me care. Not only do I feel some form of emotional attachment to many of the characters in this game, with Clementine getting the strongest focus of the bunch, but I actually care what happens to them and give second-thoughts to my decisions. And this is coming from a guy that would typically get the worst endings in video games just because it was either easier or funny. I have to give credit to any writers that are capable of creating a video character that could bring out some level of genuine affection from players in this day and age. The story in this game is great, and lives up to the source comics grade of drama and horror. The voice acting is also worth some praise, for which I am thankful for as shoddy voice work could easily break a game like this as there won't be much else for the player to focus on. If you get the chance, by all means, play this game. Expand
  18. Dec 27, 2012
    I have to say, this might just be one of the greatest stories ever told in a video game. Even in games like Red Dead Redemption and Mass Effect the general, well, gami-ness came out every once in a while in the story. That doesn't happen here. It's like watching a TV show. It hits the mark on every occasion. Episode 1 was pretty good, but I wasn't blown away. It wasn't until Episode 2I have to say, this might just be one of the greatest stories ever told in a video game. Even in games like Red Dead Redemption and Mass Effect the general, well, gami-ness came out every once in a while in the story. That doesn't happen here. It's like watching a TV show. It hits the mark on every occasion. Episode 1 was pretty good, but I wasn't blown away. It wasn't until Episode 2 that I realized this was going to be a very very good game. The action sequences, while a little rough around the edges in terms of polishing, are still exciting considering the context they're in. The story leaves absolutely nothing to be desired. This is the first, and probably the last, video game that made me cry. Expand
  19. Mar 11, 2013
    As a game it really is weak. It gives you the illusion of choice, but in reality it more or less always ends up in the same place and the story's conclusion really does leave you wondering what was the point of all the decisions. As a story, it is very good and delivers a great narrative (even though there are a few small inconsistencies.) Visually it is very pretty but tends to focus moreAs a game it really is weak. It gives you the illusion of choice, but in reality it more or less always ends up in the same place and the story's conclusion really does leave you wondering what was the point of all the decisions. As a story, it is very good and delivers a great narrative (even though there are a few small inconsistencies.) Visually it is very pretty but tends to focus more on the the character animation than than anything else. Characters are very well thought out, but ultimately the game leaves you wondering why did they bother building most of them up. I will give it credit for having some really shock worthy moments and some really unexpected twists. But once you've seen them once, the novelty has worn off. Overall: This isn't really a game but rather an interactive story. Choice in this game is an illusion, but one good enough to keep you going until the end. I recommend getting this, but rather treat it as a spin-off show than an actual game. Expand
  20. Jan 4, 2013
    Let me get this straight. If you are a fan of left for dead then go play it. But don't expect this game to be a mindless boring shooter with stupid pickup lines. This game does something wonderful. It completely transforms you in your character and for two hours you forget who you are. You think you are in zombie apocalypse and that Clementine is your sweet pea. This game is a wonderfulLet me get this straight. If you are a fan of left for dead then go play it. But don't expect this game to be a mindless boring shooter with stupid pickup lines. This game does something wonderful. It completely transforms you in your character and for two hours you forget who you are. You think you are in zombie apocalypse and that Clementine is your sweet pea. This game is a wonderful journey that will test your mind. You will understand that there is not always the right way. Sometimes you have to make a decision that is never gonna be good. Its just how it is. Just like in real life. The voice acting is top notch too. And just because the game has few minor bugs doesn't take away anything from this wonderful experience. Expand
  21. Dec 23, 2012
    I had been anxiously awaiting this game since the moment I heard of it being made online. I can't wait for the second season to come out. If you are a fan of zombies games in general or even better a fan of the Walking Dead franchise BUY THIS GAME. You will not regret it at all, for only $15 this game is a steal.
  22. Dec 26, 2012
    A really good game. Short, cheep and quality. This game is so dramatic and well done. Deep story and very innovating. I give it a 9 because I think it´s a little bit short in my opinion. I´m happy because this game won the VGA´s and that helps a lot the industry motivating developers moving forward this types of experiences.
    GOOD JOB TELLTALE GAMES!
  23. May 2, 2014
    For a comic book I took control of it's pretty good. If considered a game... not as much. I really did enjoy the story, although I wish my actions had more effect on it in the long run. It really did bring out some genuine emotions in this here dad. For gameplay purposes an inverted camera option would've been helpful, but I won't bust it's balls too bad for it. Not sure how manyFor a comic book I took control of it's pretty good. If considered a game... not as much. I really did enjoy the story, although I wish my actions had more effect on it in the long run. It really did bring out some genuine emotions in this here dad. For gameplay purposes an inverted camera option would've been helpful, but I won't bust it's balls too bad for it. Not sure how many seasons this can hold my interest, though. A lot of slow walking back and forth that adds nothing but game length. Expand
  24. Dec 28, 2012
    When I first saw the trailer for Telltale's The Walking Dead I had mixed feelings towards it. Point-and-click? Apparently lousy animations? That wasn't how I imagined a TWD Adaptation to my console. But when the first episode came out, everyone was so pleased by it I gave it a go. And since, I couldn't stop. Episode 1: It was a great beginning to the franchise. The important decissions andWhen I first saw the trailer for Telltale's The Walking Dead I had mixed feelings towards it. Point-and-click? Apparently lousy animations? That wasn't how I imagined a TWD Adaptation to my console. But when the first episode came out, everyone was so pleased by it I gave it a go. And since, I couldn't stop. Episode 1: It was a great beginning to the franchise. The important decissions and the story wrapped me in the game since the beginning. In Episode 2 the story flew away, although it was still good and tense. Episode 3 (My favourite) was with episode 5, the most shocking of the saga. Also I found an interesting variety of gameplay that made it excellent. Then came Episode 4, which was a little bit repetitive but also tremendously entertaining. And Episode 5, which made me cry like a little b***. After drying my face, I'm proud to say TWD is my GOTY. It isn't perfect (The animations show lots of flaws) but the story, the characters....I've never felt so touched by a game before. Telltale has made something bigger than a game. They have made a story we can build and, even though the ending is the same in any way the story is constructed, the journey is a hell of a ride. Describe The Walking Dead in terms of gameplay is also hard. Point-and-click may seem like an easy, childish term for the game's mechanic, but it isn't. Point-and-click includes choosing answers and decissions quickly, shooting with guns, rifles and snipers, and to be honest....That's what we do in any mainstream big-budget FPS game. Just point and click and maybe click another time. And TWD isn't easy! I died many times, and in Episode 3 for example, I had to get a concussion trying to sort out a puzzle, but still, the game Is so enjoyable. Well, let's put it on another way. Enjoyable for the people who enjoy stories, as TWD proved "Fun" and "Constant Gameplay" is not necessary to make a great game. I would give it a 9.5, but because I can't at least I am an official game critic, I think a 90 will do the same thing I wish it will do. To convince you trying this game. NOW! Expand
  25. Jan 1, 2013
    I think most negative reviews on this game were coming from people who are used to INYOURFACEACTIONALLTHETIMEOHMYGOD type games. in my perspective, this game is a very genuine involved game, although you may not be killing zombies all the time, It's about the social perspective of the game, much more than the violence. A true gem in my opinion, the the gaming community needs a break fromI think most negative reviews on this game were coming from people who are used to INYOURFACEACTIONALLTHETIMEOHMYGOD type games. in my perspective, this game is a very genuine involved game, although you may not be killing zombies all the time, It's about the social perspective of the game, much more than the violence. A true gem in my opinion, the the gaming community needs a break from all the run and shoot prevalent in every game today. It keeps you clinging on every word, not many games can do that. Expand
  26. Jan 2, 2013
    I love the TV series, so while we're waiting for the second half of season 3, I wanted to give this game a try. At first I was excited and really enjoyed the story telling. I finished the game and I had a feeling like I've watched a good side story to the TV series. If I stopped there, the game would be probably a 9/10 for the story and graphics alone. But I wanted to try the game again,I love the TV series, so while we're waiting for the second half of season 3, I wanted to give this game a try. At first I was excited and really enjoyed the story telling. I finished the game and I had a feeling like I've watched a good side story to the TV series. If I stopped there, the game would be probably a 9/10 for the story and graphics alone. But I wanted to try the game again, differently. After all, the developers advertise that your decisions make difference and I know I made some bad decisions in the first playthrough. Well, as it turns out, your decisions make almost no difference in the story. You can't even decide who you want to save and who you want to let die, because if you don't save "the right" person, someone else will. The only difference is that different people will be pissed at you. False advertising and no replayability force me to reduce the final score. Still a good story telling adventure for cheap price. Expand
  27. Jan 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is just amazing! I hate point and click games but this is just so different, it puts in zombie apocalypse and makes you choose that what you say or who you save. It is just an emotional thrill when someone you liked dies or when someone you hated dies, you feel bad even then. If you like movies with good stories, play this game. If you like games with good stories, play this game. If you don't understand english, don't play this game. Expand
  28. Jan 5, 2013
    I was not going to write a review for his game at first because frankly i didn't want to create an account to do so. So i made an account to write this review. First off this game is way overrated.I am not saying it isn't a good game but it is not wha it is made out to be. I have run into so many glitches playing this it isn't funny (characters repeating the same word 2 times, ch.3 andI was not going to write a review for his game at first because frankly i didn't want to create an account to do so. So i made an account to write this review. First off this game is way overrated.I am not saying it isn't a good game but it is not wha it is made out to be. I have run into so many glitches playing this it isn't funny (characters repeating the same word 2 times, ch.3 and ch.4 loading as chapter 1). that is my main problem with the game. i started ch 3 but it loaded as ch 1 so i didn't play for awhile and was gunna write a review based on that but didn't (refer to opening statement). I went and looked it up online and a lot of people were having this same problem so i let it go. But i was halfway through ch 4 and i had to go to my gfs house so i made sure i got to a save point and turned it off after it saved and as i just got home i went to finish the chapter but it loaded as ch. 1. that was the last straw and is why i made an account to write this. the games mechanical structure is also not very well thought out. It makes you use the righ stick at points where lee is running and you have to control the aimer and hit the A button at the same time which is a lot of trouble and causes you to fail and die. It does have a good story but thats it. It should not have gotten so muc praise from people. way overrated imo. I picked all of the episodes p for 800 points and hoestly i wis i didn't. Expand
  29. Jan 6, 2013
    I love this game and haven't been able to put it down since I bought it! The characters are so well written and you will care for some and hate others. When my favourite character abruptly and unexpectedly died I literally got up shouted "WTF!" at the TV. Some superb writing makes this one of the most engrossing stories I have ever become trapped in. Although I realize the game is meant toI love this game and haven't been able to put it down since I bought it! The characters are so well written and you will care for some and hate others. When my favourite character abruptly and unexpectedly died I literally got up shouted "WTF!" at the TV. Some superb writing makes this one of the most engrossing stories I have ever become trapped in. Although I realize the game is meant to look like a comic book some of the textures are very pixelated. I know not a lot of Telltale games look very amazing but it is kind of disappointing when you compare the visuals to those of Borderlands 2. Along with quite a few glitches the game is not perfect but definitely worth the low price. One of my new favourites. By the way, why do people keep on giving this game terrible scores for the slight inconvenience of no option for inverted Y axis? Seriously, who still uses inverted Y. Expand
  30. Jan 6, 2013
    The Walking Dead is an amazing game that tells an equally amazing story. This game captures the essence of an adventure point-and-click title. The game allows the user to make several choices that actually feel like they have weight behind them. The story is emotional, the characters deep, and the game play is fantastic.
  31. Jan 7, 2013
    The Walking Dead series by Telltale is one of the more original games I have encountered on the Xbox 360. It is a point and click style game with action sequenced thrown in the mix. The game is based in the walking Dead comic universe (as the TV series is) so will be familiar to most people who would be interested in the game.
    The Graphics: Have a very deliberate cartoon like quality to
    The Graphics: Have a very deliberate cartoon like quality to them, probably linking back to its comic heritage. They wont blow your socks off but are very nice to look at in a simple non complex way
    The Storyline: This is where the game come into its own, it is simply riveting and you won't be able to wait out find out what comes next.
    Gameplay: Reasonably simplistic as is with point a click style games, but as the storyline is affected by your actions and choices it adds replay value to the game.
    Downside: Some users have reported that the game can be quite buggy, but I personally never had a problem with the game.
    Overall this is a nice simple game that will keep you on the edge of your seat, well deserving of its 10/10 rating.
  32. Jan 7, 2013
    Semi decent enough game the decisions you make ultimately dont make any impact the game itself Which hurts the score i will give it. Overall a good adventure game
  33. Jan 7, 2013
    The most buzzed about game of the year is a interesting game like no other with a greater focus on emotion, characters, and characters never seen in a game before. First off TWD is a absolute triumph in storytelling with characters you actually care about, a heart breaking story, and a character that you can shape morally whether that is being a horrible person, a saint, or a mixture ofThe most buzzed about game of the year is a interesting game like no other with a greater focus on emotion, characters, and characters never seen in a game before. First off TWD is a absolute triumph in storytelling with characters you actually care about, a heart breaking story, and a character that you can shape morally whether that is being a horrible person, a saint, or a mixture of both in this quest to survive. unfortunately what holds this game back from masterpiece status is lackluster unsatisfying gameplay and a entourage of bizarre glitches like clipping in foliage and getting stuck in walls. overall this is a game that advances the story telling in video games to a new standard. 8/10 Expand
  34. Jan 7, 2013
    This game is out of this world, its awesome. I would like to tell people that this game draws you in because of its story. I'm reading other peoples reviews, below my review and i would like to say they are ignorant. Not all games are based on just gameplay. And the fact that they've said "The game play is horrible" is because all they 're A fat no life xboxlive only playing call of dutyThis game is out of this world, its awesome. I would like to tell people that this game draws you in because of its story. I'm reading other peoples reviews, below my review and i would like to say they are ignorant. Not all games are based on just gameplay. And the fact that they've said "The game play is horrible" is because all they 're A fat no life xboxlive only playing call of duty type of person. They will hate on this game because all they play is Call of Duty which is based ONLY on gameplay and also the fact that there still young and naive so they don't fully understand the game and story very well. People will comment and say "There's a story for Call of duty, and it has a far better story then The walking dead" If you really believe that then i feel sorry for you because that's all you're open too. Its pretty funny how this company, made its name and made a game that OUT CLASSES other games like Halo 4 and Call of duty Black Ops 2, which in my books are for people who can't understand a picture book Expand
  35. Jan 8, 2013
    When The Walking Dead Episode 1 released as a download game from Telltale Games, it had potential and so it did releasing 4 other episodes becoming The Game of the Year. If you need a game, Telltale Games The Walking Dead is what you need. Making choices by how you play ? Not every game has this. I recommend this to people that know The Walking Dead and to others that do not know TheWhen The Walking Dead Episode 1 released as a download game from Telltale Games, it had potential and so it did releasing 4 other episodes becoming The Game of the Year. If you need a game, Telltale Games The Walking Dead is what you need. Making choices by how you play ? Not every game has this. I recommend this to people that know The Walking Dead and to others that do not know The Walking Dead. One word: Amazing. Expand
  36. Jan 11, 2013
    A narative based game with good game play. This game is one of the games of the year in 2012. Some of the best writing in games, this game shows why Telltale is the king at Point and Click gaming. This game is art in the swarms of Call of Duty's, I tell you all, go play this game(probably not on an Xbox 360 with 4 GBs).
  37. Jan 11, 2013
    Loved the series and was very pleased to see a game that offered the same suspense and satisfaction while being able to dictate situations. A very solid game and story.
  38. Jan 11, 2013
    Buy this game. it is down right amazing this proves that video games are not just your every day generic FPS. It is an emotional journey which you must make choices to help your survival
  39. Jan 16, 2013
    It's not a 'game' in the strictest sense of the word. I know, I know, it's supposed to be a point-and-click adventure, but to me a point-and-click is supposed to have all sorts of **** puzzles; the "puzzles" in The Walking Dead mostly consist of clicking on stuff until something happens. That being said the game offers an unparalleled (for me at least) emotional experience, and it's theIt's not a 'game' in the strictest sense of the word. I know, I know, it's supposed to be a point-and-click adventure, but to me a point-and-click is supposed to have all sorts of **** puzzles; the "puzzles" in The Walking Dead mostly consist of clicking on stuff until something happens. That being said the game offers an unparalleled (for me at least) emotional experience, and it's the kind of game I think everybody should play through once. Collapse
  40. Jul 4, 2013
    This is the greatest game of 2012. The entertaining storytelling grabbed me from the start. When I first heard of how good this game was, I thought I would call this "overrated". I was blown away with the beautiful character development and amazing moral choices. Minus a few annoying glitches that seem to only appear in the disc version of this game, it is near perfect.
  41. Jun 28, 2013
    Ok I tried the demo for this once and did not like it but after all the hype and then when I was talking to a friend about the walking dead because I am a huge fan of TWD my friend said its their favorite game and so I played the demo on my winter break and I finished it and was immediately wanting more so I went and bought the disc and played through episodes one,two and part of threeOk I tried the demo for this once and did not like it but after all the hype and then when I was talking to a friend about the walking dead because I am a huge fan of TWD my friend said its their favorite game and so I played the demo on my winter break and I finished it and was immediately wanting more so I went and bought the disc and played through episodes one,two and part of three and I could not put the controller down there were parts that made me choose things I never would never expect from this game and there were parts that shocked me I beat the game the next day and it was the best experience I had in 2012 and one of the best games I had ever played. 9.7/10 Expand
  42. Jan 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Graphics: 7/10 Gameplay: 6/10 Voice Acting: 9/10 Story: 9/10 Enjoyment: 8/10 = 7.8 (Great)
    Game of the year? No. Top 10 game of the year for me. Although highly overrated this game is amazing. Clementine is just a lovable character and Lee is... Lee? I guess. That guy you just know what is going to happen to him as soon as you look at him. It's a horror game. Come on!
  43. Jan 27, 2013
    This is one of the few games that has actually made me cry. It does have parts that really slow down as you're trying to figure things out, but this serves also to build tension and increase interaction with the other characters. That's what ends up mattering the most by the end when you know not everyone is going to survive and others have already died as a result of your choices. TheThis is one of the few games that has actually made me cry. It does have parts that really slow down as you're trying to figure things out, but this serves also to build tension and increase interaction with the other characters. That's what ends up mattering the most by the end when you know not everyone is going to survive and others have already died as a result of your choices. The point and click format works in some places but can also make things a bit cumbersome. Overall a fantastic experience with some minor complaints that are easily trumped by the amazing story. Expand
  44. Jan 22, 2013
    One of, if not THE best games i have ever player. Its gratifying to play a game where the choices you make actually DO have an impact. Throw in exceptional writing, surprisingly emotive animation, and some truly believable characters (and accompanying voice acting) and The Walking Dead is easily the single best game to be released in 2012.
  45. Jan 23, 2013
    The mechanic of you make the decisions is the best part. Sure Mass Effect may have done it first, but The Walking Dead did it better. Mostly because of no starchild ending. Somethings there is slow down, and chugging which won't take away from your experience. 9/10
  46. Jan 25, 2013
    There is a lot to be said about this game it keeps you in the moment when it has to an there are times it gets a little repetitive, it's an all around good game though it keeps you wanting to know more at the end of each episode. The voice actors are amazing you can actually feel the emotion they put in to the story line an there rolls in the game, by the time you reach the final episodeThere is a lot to be said about this game it keeps you in the moment when it has to an there are times it gets a little repetitive, it's an all around good game though it keeps you wanting to know more at the end of each episode. The voice actors are amazing you can actually feel the emotion they put in to the story line an there rolls in the game, by the time you reach the final episode you feel like you know each character as individual people, you feel like there is actually a life story there because when you reach the end you will feel the emotion of everything you have went through and what could be next. Expand
  47. Jan 27, 2013
    TellTale Games most definitely redeemed themselves with this game. It is a well though out; well developed trawling story that manages to capture your empathetic emotions. I don't have kids of my own but I've talked to people who do, and for them the true meaning of the game really captured their hearts. While waiting for the episodic content to release was a pain, I was a fun experience.TellTale Games most definitely redeemed themselves with this game. It is a well though out; well developed trawling story that manages to capture your empathetic emotions. I don't have kids of my own but I've talked to people who do, and for them the true meaning of the game really captured their hearts. While waiting for the episodic content to release was a pain, I was a fun experience. Just like a child waiting for the next issue of a comic book to come out, TellTale did it right in keeping all of its fans cringing for that next episodic content of the game.

I gave the game a 9 because of the tech issues I and many other encountered during gameplay. Some bugs here and there didn't allow for a smooth gameplay, none the less a smooth transition from cut-scene to cut-scene. To anyone debating wither they should play this game or not, I say don't even think about it just play it! This is more then a game, It is an interactive movie to say the least.
  48. Jan 28, 2013
    The goty of 2012 this game are the best of the year with a good story with many choices who will change the line of the game the final was the best of the best and the game strong your bond with the people
  49. Feb 1, 2013
    The Walking Dead game is a spectrum that is not only brilliant but emotionally enchanting. The game has you take on the role of Lee Everett as you try to protect a young girl named Clementine in a Post-Apocalyptic zombie world. This game not only has one of the greatest stories ever told in a video game but it also has some of the most innovative game-play I have ever seen. The only flawsThe Walking Dead game is a spectrum that is not only brilliant but emotionally enchanting. The game has you take on the role of Lee Everett as you try to protect a young girl named Clementine in a Post-Apocalyptic zombie world. This game not only has one of the greatest stories ever told in a video game but it also has some of the most innovative game-play I have ever seen. The only flaws are a few technical glitches like texture pop-ins or sometimes peoples mouths don't open when they speak, which can be a little distracting but does not take away to much from the overall experience.

Overall this game is a work of art and Telltale should be proud of what they have accomplished. 9/10-FANTASTIC!!!
  50. Feb 1, 2013
    Amazing from the start. The walking dead is a simple point click game, with basic gameplay, that focuses more on the story. Your actions effect how other characters view you, and makes you feel like that your decisions effect the story. The game is suspenseful with surprises in each episode. The has gotten so far to even bringing me to tears. One of the best Telltales games so far.
  51. Feb 3, 2013
    Really a good game, i recomend this because i see so much youtubers doing that and i buy this game, my rate is 10 out 10.
  52. Feb 5, 2013
    I had no idea this game would be as good as it is. For me this was the sleeper hit of 2012. Games before it have touted tough choices that dramatically change story. They need to take a page from Telltale Games. The first time I played through this game, I found myself thinking about what I would do during a real zombie apocalypse. Some of the choices I made during this game, I had noI had no idea this game would be as good as it is. For me this was the sleeper hit of 2012. Games before it have touted tough choices that dramatically change story. They need to take a page from Telltale Games. The first time I played through this game, I found myself thinking about what I would do during a real zombie apocalypse. Some of the choices I made during this game, I had no idea I could be that vicious. This is a must play game, it'll teach you something about yourself you never knew. It is the only game that actually make your choices matter. Expand
  53. Feb 8, 2013
    Walking Dead is an amazing game that in some scenes, they will make you cry. I thought the game could possibly be a little bad, but it is suprisingly a great game, and everyone who plays Xbox360,PC,or PS3 should really play this kick-butt game! It's that good!
  54. Feb 11, 2013
    I was not by any means a Walking Dead fan until I played these games. I tried watching the TV series and I couldn't get in to them. Mainly because I was tired of the whole zombie smash kill apocalypse thing, and I never thought any other zombie experience would be able to captivate me. Then I stumbled upon The Walking Dead Game. This game is a story telling masterpiece with writing on parI was not by any means a Walking Dead fan until I played these games. I tried watching the TV series and I couldn't get in to them. Mainly because I was tired of the whole zombie smash kill apocalypse thing, and I never thought any other zombie experience would be able to captivate me. Then I stumbled upon The Walking Dead Game. This game is a story telling masterpiece with writing on par with the likes of Metal Gear Solid. It is most likely the best game I've played in 2012 and I have already named it my game of the year. It has very interesting characters that you'll care about and twists and turns you'll never see. From Clementine, a lone little girl you begin to care for to Lee, the mystery of a man you begin to step into the shoes of. It is a thrill ride with the backdrop of the zombie apocalypse, and this time around the zombies took a backseat to the characters. It is an entirely different perspective of a would be zombie apocalypse and I HIGHLY recommend you do your self a favor and play this wonderful game. This game isn't about zombies, it is about a touching story of people and their will and spirit to live and survive while fighting to maintain their humanity. This game will break you emotionally, but it is such a beautiful and touching experience that I'm thankful to have been able to play it. Expand
  55. Feb 12, 2013
    Simply one of the best games on the console. This game will have you grinding your teeth with decisions you make. I love this game and very affordable.
  56. Feb 16, 2013
    To me the walking Dead Series and comics are amazing, they bring out the Drama in a zombie apocalypse instead of the violence. When I heard of a Walking Dead game, I was worried that this was going to flop, replacing drama with action and gore, all those worries vanished once I played the game, it is a masterpiece, using graphics from the comic books and developing its own story line, andTo me the walking Dead Series and comics are amazing, they bring out the Drama in a zombie apocalypse instead of the violence. When I heard of a Walking Dead game, I was worried that this was going to flop, replacing drama with action and gore, all those worries vanished once I played the game, it is a masterpiece, using graphics from the comic books and developing its own story line, and how it was like when the outbreak first started, while I find the TV series cameos to be a tad bit desperate for fans, the game itself is flawless, being a point and click puzzle game and knowing what it is, not trying to be anything else, while there are some awkward shooting sequences, they go with the game rather well. Now the main bit, the core of the game, characters, this game is souly based around the relationship and the drama between all characters involved, and while episode 1 is slow, the other 4 are just incredible, with one of the best endings to a game that I have seen in a long time, never before have I cried at a video game ending, but this one really got to me, I would suggest this game to everyone and anyone. Expand
  57. Feb 18, 2013
    This game is extremely over-rated. Now don't get me wrong,I'm not one of those people that say this can't be called a "game", but it certainly stretches the definition of "game". The story is pretty good and does draw you fairly well, but it is no where near as good as people are giving it credit for. I suppose the current popularity of the tv show has people more excited for this gameThis game is extremely over-rated. Now don't get me wrong,I'm not one of those people that say this can't be called a "game", but it certainly stretches the definition of "game". The story is pretty good and does draw you fairly well, but it is no where near as good as people are giving it credit for. I suppose the current popularity of the tv show has people more excited for this game than they should be. All things considered,it's not that bad of a game and it is worth a play through.

My biggest issue with all these reviews I've read is the reviewers giving the game far,far too much credit for the "choices" you make in the game. This whole idea that you can somehow customize your game based on choices is asinine. The choices you are given have no major impact on the game. All you will get are different dialogue from certain people. Either player "A" will like/dislike you and player "B" will do the opposite. It is very clear that you are being told a story, not "creating" one. How this game won game of the year is beyond me. Its not a bad experience by any means, but the truth is you can get the same "experience" by watching a play through on youtube.
  58. Mar 24, 2013
    After playing the walking dead i will never look at video games in the same way. This game has given me a new standard for what I want in video game stories. Every single character, even characters who have the tiniest of roles feel real and have genuine emotion. Sure the story might not be as epic as mass effect or halo, but that is not the point of the story to show off epic battle andAfter playing the walking dead i will never look at video games in the same way. This game has given me a new standard for what I want in video game stories. Every single character, even characters who have the tiniest of roles feel real and have genuine emotion. Sure the story might not be as epic as mass effect or halo, but that is not the point of the story to show off epic battle and saving the world from world destroying aliens. But instead it is about the relationship between convicted felon Lee Everett and 8 year old Clementine in an unforgiving world and the inseparable bond these two create over the course of the story. There are still some technical hiccups and some missteps but the overall quality of the story makes you forgot about these missteps all together. This game is a major triumph of a game and should not be missed by anyone who truly respect the story of a game. Expand
  59. Jun 24, 2013
    The Walking Dead is not just a game, rather it is an experience that all gamers should undertake. Everything from the amazing characters to the tragic setting help aid this game's outstanding story and premise. The beginning will instantly hook you as you're immediately thrown into a world gone to chaos. Any game that can bring a tear to my eye gets special recognition from me. A must play.
  60. Feb 21, 2013
    Where the hell did this come from? A point and click linear game based on a popular series? How did this become one of my favorite games? Simple. From the very start this game is a story, one not told through battlefields, or action. But rather through characters, emotions, sounds and setting. The connection developed for the two main characters, and their impact on the audience isWhere the hell did this come from? A point and click linear game based on a popular series? How did this become one of my favorite games? Simple. From the very start this game is a story, one not told through battlefields, or action. But rather through characters, emotions, sounds and setting. The connection developed for the two main characters, and their impact on the audience is legendary. Never have I cared so much for fictional people. Voice acting, writing, and all small details elevate this small work into AAA status. At a low cost for the series, I highly suggest you see for yourself. The only reason this game loses a point from perfect is numerous glitches, slowdowns and save game erases, which hurts the immersion. Expand
  61. Feb 26, 2013
    not much action here but no other story has drug me in so deep. I fell in love with the characters. the story is the best of this millennium. poor graphics and little glitches keep this game from getting a perfect 10.
  62. May 19, 2013
    Outstanding, just pure, outstanding. In The Walking Dead, you play as Lee Everett, a man who later meets a young girl named Clementine, and the two of you, along with many other background characters try to survive the zombie apocalypse as supplies are scarce and zombies aren't the only thing to fear. At first I thought, "its just a game about a TV show, how good can it possibly be?" IOutstanding, just pure, outstanding. In The Walking Dead, you play as Lee Everett, a man who later meets a young girl named Clementine, and the two of you, along with many other background characters try to survive the zombie apocalypse as supplies are scarce and zombies aren't the only thing to fear. At first I thought, "its just a game about a TV show, how good can it possibly be?" I took those words back right after the first episode! it's intense, it's immersive, its a game you sou;don't want to miss out on, with its jump scares, its intense moments and surprises along the way, and not to mention you basically chose what happens next, you don't just watch a cutscene, you control it, you live it, you….experience it. Theres was almost nothing wrong with this game, except for one glitch I experienced, and occasional lag but that is nothing that will make you hate the game. You do not have to watch the TV show before playing this game, which makes it good for almost any person looking to play this game. Each episode is even more intense than the other, It will surprise, it will make you cry, make you happy, excited, shocked, THIS GAME IS ONE GIANT EMOTIONAL FEEL! thats what I look for in a game, immersion that is memorable. I want to remember a game that blesses my childhood, a game that changes the way I think and the way I handle situations, and this is it (Oh god I'm going overexcited aren't I?). Either way, this game will change you, you will definitely not be sorry for buying it.

I give this game a full on 10/10. Buy this game if you haven't already. Just do it. Go on. Go. Buy It. Now.
  63. Mar 7, 2013
    The Walking Dead is one of the best games I think I've ever played. Strong characters, good plot, and an ending that could bring a tear to your eye (literally). It has a different play style than most games around today, and I'm glad to have bought it. I could not be any more impressed with this game, and am happily awaiting the second season.
  64. Mar 8, 2013
    An absolute gem of a game one of the highlights of last year's game line-up. The emotionally-driven core of the game puts technical issues and the simplicity of the game's mechanics in the shade. A breath of fresh air in a market saturated with carbon-copy, cliched storylines that provides no emotional attachment for the reader. A must play.
  65. Mar 14, 2013
    Zombies, one of the best ideas for video games, the one thing that can make boring, repetitive, shooters extremely addicting. Choice and communication, this can be done extremely well like in skyrim or oblivion.
    This game not only focuses on reality in a zombie apocalypse, it tries, so so hard to appeal to everyone, telltale isn't bad at this style of communication, the back to the future games were excellent. But not only does the game not focus on zombies, it doesn't even have combat, let me reiterate, point the cursor at something and click three times is not combat, telltale tried to tell a dramatic story with interesting characters, which they did not fail at. The relationship between clem and lee is very tragic and touching in the final parts. The ending is extremely sad and powerful, but that's not enough in a game about survivors in a zombie apocalypse
  66. May 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game has its moment. I never liked children, but this game made me care about Clementine so much, she is the sunshine. Every time I had to make a decision, I will think about what is good for Clementine first. The story writing (in the video game) is phenomenal, and since I stopped believing choice matters in a video game after ME3, I had no compliant about the choices/how it affect the ending in this game. No complaint, however, since this game based on choices which doesn't really matter at all, the game has no reply value for me. But one good play-through is enough for me to recommend this game to everyone. I think I started to love this game in episode two, that human-flesh eating scene is totally surprising and shocking. The last decision you had to make, (either make Clem to kill or not) is the toughest one, and the only one I became so selfish and think about 'me' first. Well, I should let Clem save that one bullet for later, it might save her life. Expand
  67. Mar 20, 2013
    I can see why this game was top 10 of 2012. The gameplay was simple, but that's what it was about choices and not shoot 'em up. the graphics weren't amazing, but for what it was and the price I paid it was very, very well worth it. The storyline leaves you hanging, so I'm looking forward to the sequel since the FPS TWD came out with is a flop. Oh and who doesnt absolutely ADORE little Clementine?
  68. Apr 4, 2013
    Good: Nice Comic Graphics, Intresting Gameplay,Fantastic Story, Good Moral Choices, Actual good Gameplay, Fluid Presentation, A l t of Replayability
    Bad: Some Annoying Glitches, Camera is sometimes at awkward angles, Some Really Annoying Sections.

A Great Game and a Good price For What You Get.
  69. Mar 23, 2013
    I really don't like this type of gameplay, but only cause it's not my style, but i know this game is amazing and it has an awesome story, characters
  70. Mar 28, 2013
    "The Walking Dead" is a series I am not familiar with and "Telltale" is a game development company I am not familiar with. It's hard to believe that the company who made "Jurassic Park: The Game" made something so brilliant. "The Walking Dead: A Telltale Game" is one of few games that really captures emotion. Most of the gameplay involves choice, and not a huge amount more. In"The Walking Dead" is a series I am not familiar with and "Telltale" is a game development company I am not familiar with. It's hard to believe that the company who made "Jurassic Park: The Game" made something so brilliant. "The Walking Dead: A Telltale Game" is one of few games that really captures emotion. Most of the gameplay involves choice, and not a huge amount more. In something like "Saint's Row: The Third", a choice is deciding whether to have a city income bonus or a new gang member. However, in "The Walking Dead: A Telltale Game", a choice matters. A choice has a permanent effect. You genuinely care for characters you like. You may even feel wrong in feeling responsible for the death of a character you don't like. For a point and click game, this has depth. Characters have personality. Some are kind-hearted and some are just annoying. You must choose who you like most however, because a difficult choice may come unexpectedly. The graphics are unique. They are dark and really give the game a sense of grittiness. They may not be particularly good, but they don't take away from the experience. Minus the choices, gameplay is walking and quick time events. The quick time events are tense and really add to the triumph you feel as you progress through the story. To conclude this review, I would like to share a piece of advice: buy this game! It is just below flawless, but for a €25 ($30 or £20) this is a must buy. Expand
  71. Apr 10, 2013
    this game by a narrative stand point is HUGE. but my two big gripes are 1. there is not very much "game" to it, which does not mean there is not fun parts of it. 2. the decisions you make don't have very different outcomes or happens no matter what you do.
  72. Apr 27, 2013
    I was skeptical of this game and debating buying it for quite a while. However, my doubts were quickly removed after playing the first Episode that was released for free on Xbox Live which subsequently caused me to go out and buy the full retail version right away! I wouldn't say it is necessary to have watched the Walking Dead TV series or read the comics but I can definitely say the gameI was skeptical of this game and debating buying it for quite a while. However, my doubts were quickly removed after playing the first Episode that was released for free on Xbox Live which subsequently caused me to go out and buy the full retail version right away! I wouldn't say it is necessary to have watched the Walking Dead TV series or read the comics but I can definitely say the game more as a result of loving the show and the parallels between them become apparent the more you play.

This game is truly a unique experience that you really can't experience in another game of this generation. Each character you interact with is very developed and one character in particular you will certainly become more emotionally invested in as the game progresses. Throughout the game you are presented with choices at pretty much every step of the way. Some choices have more of an effect on the game than others. Your character's dialogue options are presented in the form of an on screen prompt which allow you to tailor your responses to the type of character you want to be. On top of that, your choices are also timed, so for the most part you will have a limited amount of time to make a decision. While I suppose you could pause the game to ponder a dialogue option, I feel the game is meant to be played in a way that mimics real life. In reality, choices have to be made quickly and you don't always have the luxury of being able to weigh all the pros and cons. This game encourages you to make quick choices and live with the consequences.

During my playthrough I experienced some technical issues that appear to be only on the retail disc version such as an usual amount of lag at the main screen. This may be as a result of having to pull information from the disc as this game cannot be installed to the hard drive if you purchase the disc version. This issue was more of a minor annoyance rather than a game breaking problem.

Unlike the Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, the Telltale Games series take on the Walking Dead is clearly the definitive Walking Dead experience. I highly encourage anyone who is interested in this game and may be turned off issues such as graphics or the more story driven style of game versus gameplay heavy (such as Left 4 Dead) to give this game a chance. It is a memorable experience that will make you hate that is has to end.
  73. Sep 13, 2013
    One of the best Games in my opinion. Not because of its Gameplay or Graphics, but because its so full of emotion and surprising events. As the Game goes on, you start to develop a link to the characters and hope they wont get harmed. What also amazed me was that intense "survival atmosphere", the Game always seemed believable.

I also loved how the Game always forced you to make very

I also loved how the Game always forced you to make very difficult decisions. Storywise the Game was not disappointing to me as it always provided action or emotional scenes. Dont even mention the end, i had to cry tears because it was so sad and emotional. I never experienced anything like this in a Game before. This Game looks simple but its a piece of art.
  74. Apr 15, 2013
    TellTale's the Walking Dead is a true masterpiece. It evokes such emotions you will rarely see in other games. The game is executed perfectly, with minor technical hiccups then and there, but they're overshadowed by the amazing emotions produced in this game. The ending of Episode 5 was so touching, the series is a MUST have for fans of The Walking Dead or point and click action games.
  75. Apr 24, 2013
    Everywhere I look I see a fantastic review for this game, and yeah, the game is good. But was it excellent no? I don't understand why no looks at the gameplay aspect of this game. I mean, yeah, I understand it's a point and click adventure and I didn't go into this game thinking it would be a zombie killing festival, however, I want more out of a game then walk around and pick up stuff.TheEverywhere I look I see a fantastic review for this game, and yeah, the game is good. But was it excellent no? I don't understand why no looks at the gameplay aspect of this game. I mean, yeah, I understand it's a point and click adventure and I didn't go into this game thinking it would be a zombie killing festival, however, I want more out of a game then walk around and pick up stuff.The story was fantastic, I won't deny that. But, also, I found the game to have many technical issues, for example, in action packed moments, the game seemed very rough. So here's my opinion: Story 10/10. Gameplay 3/10. Replay Value 5/10. Level of Fun 5/10. Performance 5/10/ Expand
  76. Oct 19, 2013
    i honestly did not expect a point and click game to be this much fun. with amazing voice acting a great story and solid game play you don't even need to watch the show to be a fan of this game.
  77. Jun 5, 2014
    This game totally deserves a 10. The story was really well done, I love the the stories that tell tale games make, I loved the Jurassic park game you guys made that was really well done. I loved the story in here it was really dead on, made me feel the feels at the end. Don't listen to the negatives they have no idea what they are talking about. I'm just going to scratch the bottom of theThis game totally deserves a 10. The story was really well done, I love the the stories that tell tale games make, I loved the Jurassic park game you guys made that was really well done. I loved the story in here it was really dead on, made me feel the feels at the end. Don't listen to the negatives they have no idea what they are talking about. I'm just going to scratch the bottom of the barrel here, but I mean the choices in here, you just feel so power less. Like in the meat locker with Larry, I mean make a choice to save him. Just don't let Kenny kill him, because even if you do try to save him Lilly still leaves you even if you say yes to go with her. Another thing is just the graphics not a big deal or anything just the graphics could be better. Would I recommend this? Oh yes I would, this defiantly deserves a 10. And this game is really good, another good game made by tell tale. Expand
  78. May 26, 2013
    Usually I think the most important aspect of a game is the gameplay. but thanks to the Walking Dead by Telltale, I now know excellent story and character development can make this a little thing. the story for the game is one of the best I've seen in any game. The optional choices and multiple pathways to choose add to the replay ability, and you will want to play it again thanks to thisUsually I think the most important aspect of a game is the gameplay. but thanks to the Walking Dead by Telltale, I now know excellent story and character development can make this a little thing. the story for the game is one of the best I've seen in any game. The optional choices and multiple pathways to choose add to the replay ability, and you will want to play it again thanks to this game's excellent character development. this game has some of the best character development in any game I've played. As you go along with the story, you'll find yourself caring about the characters more and more, as if they were real people, especially Lee, Clementine, and Kenny. the gameplay is simple. Point and click games are usually a turn off to me, but that didn't matter because I wanted to play this because of the story progressing. it may be simple, but as I said before, Telltale managed to show that gameplay doesn't always have to be the most important aspect. the graphics are very artistic in this game. everything looks like a comic book coming to life. doing graphics like this can be pretty hard, but this game manages to pull it off. the soundtrack or the game is actually my least favorite part about the game. while they do capture the emotion of a scene perfectly, the tracks are forgettable, and honestly, kind of bland. Overall, I think the Walking Dead is worthy of all the praise it's gotten. the story is the best in any video game I've played, the branching pathways lead to tons of replay value, and the character development will have you wishing these characters were real. Expand
  79. May 30, 2013
    This game is so wonderful that word's can't do it justice. It has some of the greatest character development ever, a attention grabbing story and I've played through it several times over. I've never liked point and click games, but this is one of my favorites. Only reason I can't give it a 10 is because it isn't as open as I'd like. What I mean is, no matter what you do, the same overallThis game is so wonderful that word's can't do it justice. It has some of the greatest character development ever, a attention grabbing story and I've played through it several times over. I've never liked point and click games, but this is one of my favorites. Only reason I can't give it a 10 is because it isn't as open as I'd like. What I mean is, no matter what you do, the same overall thing happens. There is different dialogue for each choice you make, but it would've been cool to have a completely different ending if you would've played the game in a different way. Bottom line. Buy this game. Expand
  80. Jun 3, 2013
    Wildly overrated as it may be, The Walking Dead is a fun, innovative game full of choices and consequences. You have to make decisions and live by them, which is unsettling and memorable. Its episodic design is unique and overall, it’s a game series worth playing.

But I definitely have my gripes with it, starting with the completely unnecessary language. There were so many forced F-bombs that it was distracting and unrealistic. Yeah, people cuss, but you don’t need to shove it in our face to be “edgy.” And you have a hillbilly guy who says he’s “a Christian man” after using the foulest language of the bunch. Ridiculous.

Anyway, I also thought the writing and performance for Clementine was insanely overhyped. I could have written more realistic dialogue and her voice sounded like an adult trying to sound like a child. But the other voice acting was great and overall, the series merits a playthrough.
  81. Jun 19, 2013
    The Walking Dead provides an interactive, heart-braking experience as you go through Lee Everett's survival tale. You meet and lose characters along the way, and just ad you start to like me they areCon ripped apart by the hands of the living dead. Intense, right?

The story is thoughtful and saddening. It was addicting and kept the "Oh, there's a new part, I have to play it now!" feel. The graphics were made so that the game moved and felt like a living comic of the Walking Dead. Gameplay was decent, as it was mostly about choices and desicions than the typical search-and-click kind of game.

Admit it though, one key factor made me disappointed. There's no replay value.

Overall 7

Story 10
    Replay Value 2
    Character Development 10
    Graphics 8
    Soundtrack 7
  82. Jun 16, 2013
    This is a game for people who like to make choices and become attached to characters surrounded by a well told story. However, people who are looking for amazing visuals and the classic modern art style will surely be disappointed.

I found this game to really attach me to the characters well early on, but as the game continued i became almost bored of it, and I continued to throw it under the table and avoid it until I beat it last week. The ending was satisfying and anyone looking for a story to follow should give at least the first chapter a try..
  83. Jul 18, 2013
    As a fan of The Walking Dead', I purchased this game hoping it would have the same quality, emotion and drama as the television show/comic books, and I was not disappointed at all. The game centers around the protagonist Lee Everett. The art, voice acting, character development, decision trees and environments were fantastic. The only negative was the delay between episodes. Each one isAs a fan of The Walking Dead', I purchased this game hoping it would have the same quality, emotion and drama as the television show/comic books, and I was not disappointed at all. The game centers around the protagonist Lee Everett. The art, voice acting, character development, decision trees and environments were fantastic. The only negative was the delay between episodes. Each one is fairly short and you easily lose any momentum in the significant wait. If you are a fan of TWD, this game is a must. Expand
  84. Jul 28, 2013
    Expectations:
    Going into this game for the first time I had high expectations as I bought all 5 episodes after they had all came out, due to this I was subjected to many people talking about this game and ranting on about how good it was, and how they got blown away by certain set-pieces in this game.
    Scores: Graphics: 10/10 Campaign: 9/10 Sound: 8/10 Gameplay: 9/10 Multiplayer:

Gameplay: 9/10
    Multiplayer: N/A
    Final Score: 9/10

Final Verdict:
    Like many of my friends I was blown away by this masterpiece of a game! Personally the graphics I thought graphics in this game were terrific, I heard from certain members of society that they thought that the graphics were terrible, but they could not be more mistaken as the graphics are intended to have a comic-book feel like the actual 'The Walking Dead' comics. The only bad part of the story in this game that was just above average was the beginning of "Episode 3" the rest was outstanding! The attention to detail in sound was good, especially during some sneaking when old wooden floorboards creaked, that just elevated the tension to another level. In a nutshell the gameplay sets out to be fairly simple and excels at at it.
  85. Aug 11, 2013
    this point and click style game masters deep and engaging story lines and creates characters you can understand. A narrative masterpiece, also the graphics are unique and creative modeled after the style of the comic, the actual gameplay is solid but not spectacular, you solve puzzles mostly and sometimes get into generic combat sequences. But, overall great narrative and atmosphere!
  86. Apr 16, 2014
    Es un gran juego, es algo estresante, pero lo disfrute mucho por su trama y ambientación, eso si podría haber sido mas modificable la historia y la mecánica del juego algo mas equilibrada.
  87. Aug 11, 2013
    telltale is back with another great hit with the walking dead title on it. The Walking Dead is a rpg that is filled with Cochise and stuff and makes a great story great art-style and great game 10-10
  88. Aug 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. *looks side to side and leans in and whispers* not reviewing here, I want to make season two/episode 6 prediction. Firstly, let's discuss everyone who is DEAD. Just to get the bad things out of the way. Carley Dead. Doug Dead. Duck Dead (Or turned). Kenny Now, he's interesting, considering if you left Ben at Crawford or he died during episode 5, it's really hard to put a pin on Kenny's death. The creators must of wanted you to get your hopes up like "KENNY'S ALIIIIVE!" but making you NOT see his death. Though I think he's dead. Lilly I've heard she's in the comics, which I haven't read if she isn't then she's probably dead. Larry Dead. Ben Dead. Now, let's go to this specific person whom is definitely DEAD (or turned). Lee. People go on and on like "CLEM JERKED THE GUN AND MISSSSSSSSED" but come on guys, you all know that Lee is gone. GONE. STOP REFUSING IT. DON'T MAKE ME GO KENNY ON YOU. The reason why Clementine jerked the gun is because, well, she's a little girl! She's not very strong, and the gun will obviously have a kick on her. Not only that, but she was sobbing and shaking, which would also lower her strength a lot. I doubt the gun had missed Lee. Clem was at a very close range of Lee, and Lee has a pretty big head. If she did miss, so what? That means Lee would have turned. There is no way someone would ever just GO over to him and heal him (yes, someone mentioned that!). The creators of this game are very sadistic, and love to make you weep and wrap yourselves in blankets so you can pretend you're a very depressed potato. In that case, I must be a masochist. OKAY. Now for the reappearances that I both think and want to happen. Lilly Probably not, depending on the comics. Omid and Christa I HOPE TO GOD THEY'RE OKAY, they seem to be really reliable and strong but, I don't know, I don't want to get my hopes up. Molly I loved her, she's most likely coming back. From what I've heard, this 'Molly' character isn't in the comic nor the show, which means the game made her. Molly suddenly leaves you. Also, in Crawford, you don't bring Clem with you and you don't shoot the walker Molly was having trouble with. She gets a bit circled by walkers, and suddenly runs off, never to be seen again. Though she's most likely okay. In Episode 5 you see that the entire city is overflown with walkers, and you hear absolutely no bells ringing except the one Lee did himself. This could mean she's either hiding somewhere in the city like her ninja-self, escaped the city in order to find someplace new, hopefully the countryside, or she died/turned. Again, the creators are very sadistic and may want you to get your hopes up and have them crash down into a trillion SHAVED Kennys (My god, that's tragic). So I'm trying to not do that. TELLTALE WILL NEVER MAKE ME DEPRESSED AGAIN~!!! (It totally will). Now, for my review on where the trailor. Clementine is in the country-like area. We don't know how long it took to get there, we hope not too long, but I think it took AGES, and maybe the game will start off with Clementine's journey to that specific spot. Maybe. But anyway, the two people walking on the cliff-hill-thing. It's most definitely NOT Christa and Omid, I know that as a fact. My friend had given me a link to a photo (http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/File:Walking_dead_game_ending_shadows_file.png). Now look at that. Two. Bloody. Men. One fat and short (Mario) and one long and skinny (Luigi). This kind of ruins 90% of the predictions I've seen. Not to mention that these men are wearing shorts. Now, I don't know anything about Georgia and it's weather, I study Japan. But the gang had left the Motor Inn in winter, right? And the fact now that everything in the trailor looks autumn-like, could mean that it's either Autumn/Fall (I'm Australian, I call it Autumn), Summer or Spring. Which could mean this is a fast-forward in time, again refering to my earlier thought that the game might start off with Clem's journey to the countryside. Anyway, I'm really tired, it took me an hour to write this, SO PLEASE READ IT! If I have anymore I'll most certainly write it down. Thank you~ Expand
  89. Jan 17, 2014
    The Walking Dead By Telltale Games Is least enjoyable for me i did not enjoy this game that much the gameplay is one things that was good however the way you play is very confuse i was at were you have find the health aid kt to a guy and i was just so confuse i dont know were it was or is but im not going enjoy playing this game in the future
  90. Sep 24, 2013
    I would rate this game higher than a 10 if given the option to! It was brilliant! You get to make your own choices, go through several different situations that put you on edge, and the choices effect outcomes of certain characters and how they feel about/view you. You even become emotionally attached to some characters. It's just an all around great game. I know some people complain aboutI would rate this game higher than a 10 if given the option to! It was brilliant! You get to make your own choices, go through several different situations that put you on edge, and the choices effect outcomes of certain characters and how they feel about/view you. You even become emotionally attached to some characters. It's just an all around great game. I know some people complain about how the graphics look "comic book like" but that's just a part of the game. After all, The Walking Dead was a comic book before anything else.It also have good replay value with going back and doing things differently than you before or changing an outcome you hadn't wanted the first time. I can NOT wait for the sequel! Expand
  91. Dec 23, 2013
    the walking dead is absolutely an terrific game,the story is amazing and i liked a lot the choice system,the only problem is thatis an point and click game.
  92. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Cell shaded graphics; there not the best looking either, they are average. 7.

Sound: Nice themes, grade, “A” voice acting, although some of the voices aren’t synced properly, and at times the game scene will completely halt, and then a different scene will pop up and the sound just blasts in without a fade or anything to make it unnoticeable. The game will completely pause a scene just to load a new scene of the same environment. 8.

Gameplay: The game is more of a point and click adventure, but it does have some shooting scenes. There are dialog decisions that are timed, similar to the first Mass Effect. The decisions make a huge impact in the overall gameplay. This game is truly Telltale Games best point and click ever. Most of the game is broken down by environments that need exploring, and dialog to figure out the next move. This was definitely one of the best point and click adventures ever. 10.

Story: The story is amazing, it’s just so intense, and the decision made change the way the story pans out. Definitely worth playing, and the episodes can be played more than once with different results. 10.
    Lasting Appeal/Value: Definitely worth getting, and at least playing through once. The game is $15 and usually has been going on sale. Each episode is about 3 hours, with the final episode about 1.5 hours. 10.

Overall Score: 9 out of 10.
  93. Nov 23, 2013
    Can you really become close with characters in a game? The Walking Dead proves yes. The beautiful comic style art with the honesty of the characters you know and develop relationships with make this game superb. The relationship you develop with Clementine and others, as well as fighting your way through the apocalypse makes this game fantastic. Despite the story, the overall good RPGCan you really become close with characters in a game? The Walking Dead proves yes. The beautiful comic style art with the honesty of the characters you know and develop relationships with make this game superb. The relationship you develop with Clementine and others, as well as fighting your way through the apocalypse makes this game fantastic. Despite the story, the overall good RPG elements are questioned because the majority of the game is decisions. Although I think it is an almost perfect blend it is no doubt the introduction of a barrage of actually playable console RPGs. So play this game, it brings out things inside you one wouldn't think a game couldn't bring out. Expand
  94. May 11, 2014
    Telltales first Walking Dead game is just fantastic. Wonderful graphics in a different style and a great sound support the story which really is a masterpiece. I really like these kind of interactive movies/series and I will absolutely play the second and third one.
  95. Nov 23, 2013
    A game with quite astounding emotion impact. I was completely won over. This is what a zombie fiction is all about: every turn a another obstacle to overcome or tough call to make. Excellent.
  96. Nov 25, 2013
    I have played the game and now i know why he have won the GOTY of the last year, the game it's full of nice puzzles, and makes you feel Lee emotions, and makes you think that a game ain't just made of graphics, the story it's the body and the soul of the game, and the end was AWESOME 10 out of 10
  97. Feb 22, 2014
    I can't understand for the life of me why this game is recieving so much praise. I feel it is a good game. Nothing more, nothing less. The "surprise" plot twists I could see coming from a mile away practically everytime. The voice acting for Clementine is so over-the-top "I'm an innocent little girl feel bad for me" that I generally dislike her by the end of the game.

Despite the

Despite the excessive amount of deaths to unrealistically bad/good characters (there is no in between), only two really effected me in the whole game. And I could tell they were coming, and Clementine almost killed them with her cheesyness. I ended up laughing at a death scene, because Clems crying was so badly voice acted it was hilarious.

Still, I enjoyed this game, but it needs to be grounded as no better than slightly above average.
  98. Jul 12, 2014
    The is surprisingly delt very well, the game is an amazing one, it has very good character development and the deaths are delt very well, some people you'll hate, some you'll love and some you will never want to die, but putting it out there, characters will die, some that you love and some you hate, and some will be totally unexpected, overall the 5 episode story keeps you hooked. TheThe is surprisingly delt very well, the game is an amazing one, it has very good character development and the deaths are delt very well, some people you'll hate, some you'll love and some you will never want to die, but putting it out there, characters will die, some that you love and some you hate, and some will be totally unexpected, overall the 5 episode story keeps you hooked. The only complaint I have about it is when clementime cried at the end, it made me kind of laugh cos it looked awful. overall the game is fantastic and deserved the best story of the year, the game changes all the time. Game of the year 2012 by far Expand
  99. Jan 10, 2014
    The negative reviews of this game are given by people so illiterate in games that they compare an adventure game with Mass Effect and Tomb Raider. That's like saying that you didn't like a drama because it wasn't funny enough.--------------------

It's entirely normal not to like this genre and prefer completely different games where you can rain bullets, explosions or magic on your enemies. I don't question that.----------------------------

However it takes a complete idiot in order not to notice a game that pushes interactive storytelling to new standards. A game so beautifully directed that it tells trough facial expressions as much as it does trough dialogue.
  100. Jan 12, 2014
    Can I just say HOLY S***!! This is probably one of my most favourite games of all time !! I love how it is so intense,realistic and fricken awesome, and the amount of twists... are incredible and it actually makes you yell out "OH MY GOD... !! Like literally every time something amazing but sad or just in general happens you say it ! This is definitely a MUST buy game.
  101. Jan 16, 2013

1. Jan 29, 2013
    This series offered some of the most memorable hours we spent holding a gamepad during 2012. [Feb 2013, p.102]
  2. Jan 29, 2013
    A masterclass in how to tell stories in games. [Issue#94, p.80]
  3. Jan 7, 2013
    Engaging, dramatic, touching: The Walking Dead is one of this year's masterpieces. Absolutely a must-have.