8.6

1. Aug 7, 2017
    The Walking Dead is a masterpiece in storytelling, and a game that will emotionally wreck you after you finish it. I felt a personal connection to the characters and the situations were in, and every choice you come across matters and will make you think on your toes. People who are critical of graphics in a video game in general shouldn't expect much from The Walking Dead. The graphicsThe Walking Dead is a masterpiece in storytelling, and a game that will emotionally wreck you after you finish it. I felt a personal connection to the characters and the situations were in, and every choice you come across matters and will make you think on your toes. People who are critical of graphics in a video game in general shouldn't expect much from The Walking Dead. The graphics aren't the best (they are still good) but the cel shading makes up for that, creating a visually appealing art style. Some episodes can be better than others (personally I wasn't truly invested in the game until the second episode). The game may not be for everyone though, such as those who prefer only action-oriented games. Nonetheless, The Walking Dead is a heartfelt recommendation to anyone that is seeking an incredible story and well-written characters. Expand
  2. May 23, 2017
    A well-written and emotional experience that's for sure. The story is quite grounded and some of the characters are quite believable, which makes it a lot more immersive. The relationship between Lee and Clementine, though manufactured is very sweet. As a game it's not a very good one, but as an interactive story it's pretty decent, fun and touching.
  3. Mar 23, 2017
    Telltale struck gold with The Walking Dead and created a comic-inspired journey of survival and emotional hurdles that ended on a wonderful note. Lee Everett's character is wonderful to play and experience the woes the walker-infested world makes tears flow from my face as conflicts and consequences come throughout the journey. The season is comprised of 5 episodes with a 6th that is aTelltale struck gold with The Walking Dead and created a comic-inspired journey of survival and emotional hurdles that ended on a wonderful note. Lee Everett's character is wonderful to play and experience the woes the walker-infested world makes tears flow from my face as conflicts and consequences come throughout the journey. The season is comprised of 5 episodes with a 6th that is a shorter experience of multiple survivors and their journeys (which is decent on its own) and each episode increases in power of character development and depravity. By the finale it turns into one of the best game moments of all time. The only cons is the graphics are not as good on other systems, load times can be a pain, the gameplay mechanics are too simple and the choices do not branch out more to allow more dynamic reactions. Despite this, the game excels at what it delivers and if you love a good story about humanity and survival you will love this guaranteed. Expand
  4. Mar 13, 2017
    En préambule, qu'il me soit permis de vilipender comme il se doit le principe des jeux en épisodes, une couillonnade débectante et le lot pour ne pas dire la marque des développeurs opportunistes et minables. Ensuite, permettez-moi de conchier cette foire aux QTE, ces graphismes de fond de poubelle, cette VO marshmallow et une interface à tout le moins problématique à la manette. Quant àEn préambule, qu'il me soit permis de vilipender comme il se doit le principe des jeux en épisodes, une couillonnade débectante et le lot pour ne pas dire la marque des développeurs opportunistes et minables. Ensuite, permettez-moi de conchier cette foire aux QTE, ces graphismes de fond de poubelle, cette VO marshmallow et une interface à tout le moins problématique à la manette. Quant à l'histoire elle-même de cette BD à l'interactivité presse-bouton très limitée, elle ne casse pas des briques, loin de là ! Même Heavy Rain faisait mieux... Je ne connais pas la BD originale mais elle ne peut certainement pas être pire que cette abjecte saison de non-jeu. Expand
  5. Mar 6, 2017
    The game that made me a fan of TellTale games. I bought this as it reminded me of the old Broken Sword style of games only this was set in the Walking dead universe and as a fan of the series it was worth a look. Well this game is more than worth a look it is amazing and a must play game.
  6. Dec 14, 2016
    Played it on Xbox One. Great and emotional story, likeable characters... just an amazing game. Must play and better than 90% of today movies and games.
  7. Jul 31, 2016
    The best game there is. The characters are interesting, they grow on you so it makes you sad/mad when they die. Overall, 10/10. The best episode is probably Episode 2.
  8. Jun 18, 2016
    I have a little personal history with this game, this game launched in 2012, and in this my foster father died, and on this game you deal with loss of people that you love and care, and that final episode with Lee... i love this game SO MUCH.
  9. Jun 7, 2016
    This is a really great game, but the Xbox 360 port is really bad, with huge FPS drops that make it almost unplayable. Worst part is that developer Telltale Games ignored all complaints about the FPS giant problems.
  10. May 21, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. O desenrolar da trama é boa, mas o sistema de escolhas é completamente precário. Você pode mudar o seu relacionamento com os demais personagens, mas no final das contas tudo termina exatamente do mesmo jeito. Se vc salva alguém ele simplesmente irá morrer depois como se estivesse destinado a isso. Para um game onde você passa a vida toda escolhendo, esperava pelo menos uns dois finais. Dizer que que isso não houve por causa de uma sequência é sem fundamento, pois é um jogo claramente que não custa muito caro e nem demandaria muito tempo para produzir duas linhas alternativas de história Expand
  11. Apr 21, 2016
    my favorite game of all time for this rasons: one of the best stories on the videogame history, one of the best quality characters on the videogame history, one of the best decisions sistem on the videogame history and more and more and more. i can talk for hours of this art work
  12. Apr 2, 2016
    I would hesitate to call this a game at all. it's more of an interactive electronic graphic novel. By graphic novel, I mean adult-audience focused comic book. If you want to watch a poorly drawn cartoon with QTEs (Quick Time Events- A sequence in which you have to quickly press the same button as is displayed on screen.) and occasional cursor clicks, then this is for you.

If You are

If You are looking for a Video Game, and by video game, I mean a real game with levels in which you would need to pilot a character to some destination whilst defeating bad guys and solving puzzles, then this is not for you at all. If you are a fan of the series and are looking for more story, this game might be for you, it depends on if you can stomach poor writing because you can't swing a dead cat in this game without hitting some terrible writing.
  13. Jan 29, 2016
    Telltales' The Walking Dead is one of the best games of our generation. Real consequences for your actions, gripping story, amazing character development, and that ending made me want to cry, if you've already bought the terrible Survival Instinct, use it a a drink coaster while you play this masterpiece. This game makes me even more exited for The Wolf Among Us. Buy this game.
  14. Jan 14, 2016
    Lack of good moral choice thrown throughout the game-play, never truly merging the ability to hurt with the ability to save/spare. Regardless of this major flaw, not allowing you to express your playable character enough, the game is emotional, compelling, strong, and overall worth your time and money.

It does the zombie apocalypse well.
  15. Jan 3, 2016
    After 'Sniper' it is the second game I've smashed and sent to the rubbish bin where the producers deserve to be. It's an insult to gaming intelligence and should be subject to government reviews before being put on the shelves. I wonder sometimes if the top reviews of crap like this are employees of the producers./
  16. Nov 7, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is quite possibly new ofthe best games I have ever played! It is full of intense, dramatic and suspenseful moments. The gameplay consists of mostly point and click exploration with occasional QTE combat. I genuinely was attached to nearly every character I came across, and truly felt like they were real people, as opposed to basic video game characters. The ending, which I will not spoil, had me in tears at the end. The Walking Dead by TellTale is a true masterpiece and will stand for decades as one of humanities greatest achievements. Expand
  17. Nov 7, 2015
    This game is how to make a television tie in. It expertly crafts the indie game genre into action and adventure. Please trust me that this game is a great buy , considering at the current point it is free on XBOX ONE , it is a bargain any day of the week. Personally , i think the camera angle could have done with a little bit of work and the voice acting could have been slightly better.This game is how to make a television tie in. It expertly crafts the indie game genre into action and adventure. Please trust me that this game is a great buy , considering at the current point it is free on XBOX ONE , it is a bargain any day of the week. Personally , i think the camera angle could have done with a little bit of work and the voice acting could have been slightly better. Overall though , this could stay in our minds for a while yet and I am really looking forward to play the second season.

My score: 90/100
  18. Nov 6, 2015
    The only reason I'm giving TWD:S1 a 9/10 is for the severe hitching/lagging I experienced when attempting to play this game on Xbox 360. I had to buy another hard drive to make it playable, and even then, experienced occasional hitching during the cut scenes, which was annoying.

That rant said, the game is otherwise spectacular. I want to follow that by saying if you get bored easily, or need constant action or explosions, this is not the game for you. There is considerable down time. But if you're like me and are more interested in character development and the psychological aspects of stories, you should be completely satisfied with the gameplay. And I actually love the comic book feel; in a world where nearly every game strives for hyper-realism (and rarely succeeds), it's refreshing to play a game that has its own unique look and feel, and obviously sticks to the TWD universe roots.

Overall, it's an incredible game. Relatively quick to finish, mostly because it's near impossible to stop playing-- with a fun bonus at the end.
  19. Oct 24, 2015
    Telltale has done an amazing job on this game. It takes the popular Walking Dead universe of the comics and gives gamers an incredible tale. One that allows hardcore Walking Dead fans to directly interact with the universe they love in a personal way. Decision making is a key aspect of this game and it pulls players into it's world and story in ways few other games have.

There is a set

There is a set outcome to the tale. The fates of Lee and his fellow survivors are largely already planned out. However that doesn't mean these decisions don't mean anything. They affect how scenarios play out even in the strictest of scripted moments. Your choices will influence what characters think of you and often who lives or dies. Your actions not only shape the character of Lee, but those around him as well. It's pretty powerful stuff that makes your choices meaningful even if there are things in the story that are just going to happen no matter what.

The tale is emotional and dark. Filled with believable characters and moments that make your decisions matter in ways few other games are capable of. The real hook of the story though comes from the relationship between Lee and Clementine. That little girls is under your protection and the bond between the characters is chosen by you. There is an almost instant emotional connection established between the player and Clementine, just as there is between the two characters. That's an incredible strength the game has.

Despite being set in the comic universe, the way the game is set up references the show. It's an episodic experience. You complete one episode and move on to the next with all of your choices carrying over to the next episode(s). At the beginning and end of every episode you'll get a "previously on The Walking Dead" or "Next time on The Walking Dead" complete with scenes from that episode. It's a cool way to reference the show. However that's not all of the treat hardcore fans of the show and comic have in store for them. Several great cameos and subtle references are sure to bring a smile to the face of the fans.

The majority of the gameplay does consist of making decisions or choosing dialog options that influence elements of the story, often in surprising ways. However plenty of puzzles, action-packed quick-time events, and deadly shooting sections help ensure that you are doing more than just listening and reading all of the time. Puzzles are never difficult. Usually they have straightforward solutions that are easy to figure out. However they are still fun to play thanks to cool ideas and some great settings.

Telltale has created an emotionally impactful game. One that's filled with tough choices to make, fun gameplay, and plenty of references for fans. It's a must play for Walking Dead fans and anyone who enjoys gaming with a fantastic story. It's an all around masterpiece and a game I can't recommend highly enough. It's a lot more than just a game for Walking Dead fanatics. You don't have to be familiar with the material at all to enjoy it. It's just that well-crafted an experience.

After averaging out each score I gave the individual episodes, I give the season as a whole a 9.1/10.
  20. Oct 19, 2015
    Best game ever. Seriously. I used to watch the TV show and thought it was decent, but after playing this.... its so much better. This game does what hollywood wishes it could do with a story. I've never been so emotionally invested in characters and their fates from a book/movie/show/game like I was playing TWD. Its one of those things where you wish you could wipe your memory just to beBest game ever. Seriously. I used to watch the TV show and thought it was decent, but after playing this.... its so much better. This game does what hollywood wishes it could do with a story. I've never been so emotionally invested in characters and their fates from a book/movie/show/game like I was playing TWD. Its one of those things where you wish you could wipe your memory just to be able to experience it for the first time over again, like reading Harry Potter. That should tell you something, putting this game in the same air as Harry freaking Potter. It makes me wish there were more games that kept you playing for the story instead of the action and gameplay.

11/10 IGN

warning, you **may** cry, just a bit
  21. Jun 8, 2015
    Good game with a twist that you don't expect at all, many - sided characters and dramatic plot. The only negative which was a joke about the last century is a small portion of the gameplay.
  22. Jun 5, 2015
    Video games are art. The Walking Dead is suspenseful! An interactive story where characters, dialogue and decisions are more important than the rest. I would recommend this game every time!
  23. May 30, 2015
    There is not much to say about this game, his strength already enough, his plot reaches the edge of understanding, is a complete human drama and full of memorable moments, perhaps in the coming years, this game becomes a classic, by unless already entered history.
  24. May 23, 2015
    Telltale Games’ The Walking Dead (season one, which is essentially the first game) offers not just something that’s unique but something that’s great. It’s a decision-based game mixed with a well-crafted point-and-click adventure. The game was made to look like the comic book but follows its own story. As Lee, a man who was being tried for murder just before the zombie apocalypse, you meetTelltale Games’ The Walking Dead (season one, which is essentially the first game) offers not just something that’s unique but something that’s great. It’s a decision-based game mixed with a well-crafted point-and-click adventure. The game was made to look like the comic book but follows its own story. As Lee, a man who was being tried for murder just before the zombie apocalypse, you meet up with new survivors as you watch over a girl named Clementine. Your morals are used time and time again during your adventure. Plot twists are around every corner as you fight for survival, sometimes making decisions without thinking due to the limited time provided to make them, which is realistic. The survivors you’re with change frequently and the situations you’re in are consistently unique from each other so things don’t get stale. My only real complaints: this game has too many glitches and it stutters and loads too frequently. So are you a generous helping hand or a cold survivor? It's up to you! Expand
  25. Apr 8, 2015
    Lo mas importante de un videojuego es entretener, que te quedes en el y no lo dejes, y este juego lo hace a la perfección. Yo no tuve la oportunidad de jugarlo en PC pero si en esta consola y en Playstation 4 y me pareció excelente.

Pros: -una trama entretenida. -poder hacer elecciones a tu estilo, ya sea ser bueno o malo con los demás personajes o dilemas morales como matar o no a

Pros:
    -una trama entretenida.
    -poder hacer elecciones a tu estilo, ya sea ser bueno o malo con los demás personajes o dilemas morales como matar o no a uno.
    -un gran trasfondo.
    -unas gráficas bien logradas para hacerlo parecer un cómic.
    -lograr convertirlo como una serie de televisión al dividirlo en 5 capítulos.
    -muy buenos diálogos.
    -la capacidad de llegarte a relacionar con los personajes es excelente, pudiendo hacer amistad o enemistad.

Contras:
    -diseño de nivel inexistente
    -algunas decisiones no afectan en nada en la historia, siendo así una historia siempre lineal.
    -algo corta la historia, dando así poca experiencia al juego.
    -muy pocas opciones para ser rejugable.

Este juego creo mucha polémica, si era de verdad un juego o una simple película interactiva, a mi en lo personal no me importa lo que sea. El punto es que me entretuvo y me dio una gran experiencia haberlo jugado
  26. Jan 21, 2015
    This game is fun in all, but needs plenty of work

PROS
    -Great story
    -nice graphics

CONS
    -boring gameplay

Worth buying the first episode, but not the rest.
  27. Nov 14, 2014
    This Gave Me Clinical Depression, It Lets Out All The Feels!
    But One Of My Favourite Games And Probably One Of The Best Stories Of This Generation!
  28. Nov 9, 2014
    An incredible game, possibly my favourite of all time. Telltale have crafted a story that goes far beyond what the medium generally delivers. Whilst there isn't actually as much meaningful choice as you are led to believe, the plot and characters completely make up for it
  29. Oct 11, 2014
    I bought the first and second seasons on the Xbox live market place when they first came out. I didn't have the money to continue purchasing the next ones so I watched youtubers play them. I like idea and custom stories. This isn't the reall dead walking story for anyone asking but I find it better.
  30. Jul 20, 2014
    When I first heard about The Walking Dead, I thought it was a bland and uninteresting game. My Lord, was I wrong. The game is so well written, I actually cried TWICE during the game. This game is the diamond in the RPG crown. The choices actually mean everything to the game's events, so much so that there are thousands of different outcomes. The gameplay itself is extremely satisfying,When I first heard about The Walking Dead, I thought it was a bland and uninteresting game. My Lord, was I wrong. The game is so well written, I actually cried TWICE during the game. This game is the diamond in the RPG crown. The choices actually mean everything to the game's events, so much so that there are thousands of different outcomes. The gameplay itself is extremely satisfying, which is surprising, due to the game being mostly point and click style. This game isn't just a game, it's an emotional journey. Expand

1. Edge Magazine
    Jan 29, 2013
    This series offered some of the most memorable hours we spent holding a gamepad during 2012. [Feb 2013, p.102]
  2. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Jan 29, 2013
    A masterclass in how to tell stories in games. [Issue#94, p.80]
  3. Jan 7, 2013
    Engaging, dramatic, touching: The Walking Dead is one of this year's masterpieces. Absolutely a must-have.