8.6

1. Dec 22, 2012
    The Walking Dead is one of the most amazing, shocking, emotionalising, Imustplaythenextpartnow-ing games you will even play. Some of the episodes are a bit better than others (for me the first, second, fourth and fifth were amazing, and the third was just... Very good). Choices you make in the early portion of the game are reflected even in the last, some choices being better than others,The Walking Dead is one of the most amazing, shocking, emotionalising, Imustplaythenextpartnow-ing games you will even play. Some of the episodes are a bit better than others (for me the first, second, fourth and fifth were amazing, and the third was just... Very good). Choices you make in the early portion of the game are reflected even in the last, some choices being better than others, and you may wish to play the game again to pick all the best choices.

TWD, though fantastic, can also be one of the glitchiest games you will ever play. Many times have all my saves been temporarily reset or just not do what I want, but in the end, the game was well worth it, left me begging for more and made me cry. 10/10 for sure.
  2. Dec 11, 2012
    Video games are art, or are they? This is a question that has been floating around the industry for years but has never truly been taken serious until this generation of gaming. In many ways it really comes down to how grounded your opinion of art is. Is art free form to you? Is it something that can only be achieved via deep principals, or is it simply anything and everything that isVideo games are art, or are they? This is a question that has been floating around the industry for years but has never truly been taken serious until this generation of gaming. In many ways it really comes down to how grounded your opinion of art is. Is art free form to you? Is it something that can only be achieved via deep principals, or is it simply anything and everything that is created as a form of expression? While I am not going to further this argument with this review, I will say this. If video games have the ability to be art simply through story telling and tapping at the spine of our emotions then Telltale Expand
  3. Dec 11, 2012
    Who doesn't like surprises? This game is one of the biggest surprises ever. Like, ever. You've heard of the Walking Dead somewhere, so we don't hafta go over that. Gameplay is to the point, but phenomenal story writing, a flawless tailored multiple storyline flow that competes and possibly beats quantic dream's work, and suspenseful sequences of pure awesome. You get connected to thisWho doesn't like surprises? This game is one of the biggest surprises ever. Like, ever. You've heard of the Walking Dead somewhere, so we don't hafta go over that. Gameplay is to the point, but phenomenal story writing, a flawless tailored multiple storyline flow that competes and possibly beats quantic dream's work, and suspenseful sequences of pure awesome. You get connected to this game. There's no endless hordes or zombies, no endless amounts of AK-47 ammo to mow zombies down with, no UAV's... It's just you, Clementine, and the infected outside world. Go save Clem Clem! Expand
  4. Dec 11, 2012
    For 30 years, games have been held back by the idea that 'fun' is a defining factor. Sure, I love fun, and it is one of the most powerful ways to engross a player, but imagine if all films fit under the category of fun? We wouldn't have films like Schindler's List, Hurt Locker, Apocalypse Now, and the Godfather. Our medium has never had our own Citizen Kane, or it's own Godfather. UntilFor 30 years, games have been held back by the idea that 'fun' is a defining factor. Sure, I love fun, and it is one of the most powerful ways to engross a player, but imagine if all films fit under the category of fun? We wouldn't have films like Schindler's List, Hurt Locker, Apocalypse Now, and the Godfather. Our medium has never had our own Citizen Kane, or it's own Godfather. Until now. If Spec Ops: The Line was the Apocalypse now of gaming, and Skyrim is the Lord of the Rings, The Walking Dead is the Dead Alive, and even that isn't doing it justice, as Dead Alive is the best zombie film ever. Look past the glitches, and we have a near perfect game. The puzzles are tricky and take a fair bit of though, the art style is the best use of cell-shading I've seen, the characters are well-written and have arcs, its atmosphere is very tense, and you have the urge to play it to the very end once you've picked it up. The episodes themselves were quite short, 3 hours at best, but the retail release actually makes it seem like one coherent game, instead of playing parts of a game months apart. Actions have consequences. The littlest choice has the hugest effect at the end of your game. Talk to another person who played this game and, most likely, his outcome would of been entirely different. All of this makes the Walking Dead compulsively playable, but not fun. It's not about the thrills of killing zombies, this game focuses on the realtionships between characters in a zombie apocalypse scenario, and makes you see how ordinary people can get along (and indeed fall out) in this scenario. Play it because you like Telltale, play it because you love zombies, play it because you love point and click adventure games, play it because you love substantial choice in games, play it because it's cheap, play it because you're sick of Halo, the bottom line remains the same: DO NOT MISS THE WALKING DEAD. Expand
  5. Dec 24, 2012
    This game is being overhyped for it's engrossing story, which supposedly features choices and consequences that allow you to tailor the story in your own unique way. The problem that many reviews neglect to mention is that these "choices" are not choices. What exists is merely the illusion of choice. Around 5 times each episode, you will be confronted with a "tough decision" that willThis game is being overhyped for it's engrossing story, which supposedly features choices and consequences that allow you to tailor the story in your own unique way. The problem that many reviews neglect to mention is that these "choices" are not choices. What exists is merely the illusion of choice. Around 5 times each episode, you will be confronted with a "tough decision" that will supposedly shape the story depending on what you do. The only "consequences" that actually occur are some altered dialogue between characters that reflect your choice. In this way, you are not really affecting the story, but merely the attitude of characters in the story towards you, the player. Basically, some characters will either love you or hate you. There's really no middle ground, as each character will treat you in a very black and white way (no grey area). That is all your "choices" really affect.

An example of the illusion of choice in action: An early choice in episode 1 features a choice between saving a man caught under a piece of farm equipment and a child. Both are being attacked by zombies and you can only save one. Choose carefully... Yeah right. No matter who you "choose" to save, the same event happens - the man dies, the boy will be taken to safety by his father. The "consequence" of this "choice" of one life over the other is not the life and death of a character, but merely if the child's father will treat you nicely due to you saving his boy. So tell me, why did I even have to make a "choice" of who to save if the game already predetermined who would live? Every single choice in this game series is of this nature. Thus, choices do not matter. I repeat for emphasis CHOICES DO NOT MATTER. Naysayers will say that it's about the story and the characters that you shape, but the simple truth is that the story is not shaped by you in anyway. It is being told to you and you merely decide how each character talks to you. The same events happen, but the details of dialogue change. Is that real player choice? It's not. Nevertheless, the story is at least entertaining, if cliche. I recommend watching a playthough on youtube, as you will get the same experience as those who purchased this game. No need to waste money on a game with shallow gameplay elements.
  6. Dec 12, 2012
    The most overrated game I have seen In my life, tell me what is the most important thing in a videogame, yeah the story is very important and this game has a good one but the story is not the most important thing is the gameplay wich this game has not, the "gameplay" if i can call it that is a bunch of QTE and interactive cutscenes and point and click stuff and like I said the story isThe most overrated game I have seen In my life, tell me what is the most important thing in a videogame, yeah the story is very important and this game has a good one but the story is not the most important thing is the gameplay wich this game has not, the "gameplay" if i can call it that is a bunch of QTE and interactive cutscenes and point and click stuff and like I said the story is really good but the gameplay kills it you just move your cursor and watch things happen. Expand
  7. Aug 21, 2013
    Telltale Games have succeeded in creating a new type of game. An interactive story where characters, dialogue and decisions take precedence over the hand-eye co-ordination required of gamers in FPS or racing games. The puzzles are fairly simple and are successful in some, but not all, of the episodes. However, the storyline is fantastic and elicits rare emotion from gamers. The wholeTelltale Games have succeeded in creating a new type of game. An interactive story where characters, dialogue and decisions take precedence over the hand-eye co-ordination required of gamers in FPS or racing games. The puzzles are fairly simple and are successful in some, but not all, of the episodes. However, the storyline is fantastic and elicits rare emotion from gamers. The whole season is a rollercoaster ride of emotion and leads us to an ending that is brave and thought-provoking. Expand
  8. Jun 6, 2013
    The Walking Dead is an experience you shouldn't miss. I recommend everyone play this, even if you normally don't care about video games. It's an emotional experience unlike anything else. It's a journey with characters that feels very real. It has the usual staples of a great game. Fun gameplay, Amazing story unlike anything else, very memorable characters that all feel real, a soundtrackThe Walking Dead is an experience you shouldn't miss. I recommend everyone play this, even if you normally don't care about video games. It's an emotional experience unlike anything else. It's a journey with characters that feels very real. It has the usual staples of a great game. Fun gameplay, Amazing story unlike anything else, very memorable characters that all feel real, a soundtrack that will stick... but the most amazing power of this game is it's ability to make you feel. Anger, sadness, fear, joy, guilt and regret, despair... and hope. It has one of the best morality systems in any game ever, there is no red or blue choice, there's no right or wrong choice, it's all about how you survive and what you let the world turn you into. Expand
  9. Apr 16, 2013
    This game is in my opinion, a cult classic in gaming history. No matter who you are, you should play this game. Everything about this game is flawless, original, gripping, perfection. Voice acting was at an all time high for this, your decisions really suck you in and make you pay the consequences. This game has everything...
  10. Sep 15, 2013
    This game changed my opinion on point click games, this game was based off of the walking dead series and for the most part this is the best story out of the whole walking dead universe. The tv show is ok and the comic books are great but the best is this game. The thing that I'm constantly telling people is that this is my favorite because its on my favorite media, games are a huge partThis game changed my opinion on point click games, this game was based off of the walking dead series and for the most part this is the best story out of the whole walking dead universe. The tv show is ok and the comic books are great but the best is this game. The thing that I'm constantly telling people is that this is my favorite because its on my favorite media, games are a huge part of my life and I don't really like the show because of how the story is told. The comic books are the original bases for the whole story that been said the story of Lee and Clementine is my favorite story that has ever been told. They have the best relationship out of anyone in all of the books and in the tv show. The whole reason this game is really great was because of the characters the writes made, the whole experience was amazing and I can't wait to play season 2. Expand
  11. Oct 24, 2013
    One of the most engrossing and captivating stories ever told. Some may say this barely qualifies as a videogame due to a lack of interactivity but you do play a large portion of the title directing your characters and interacting with the environment. The choices you make may not change the overall outcome of the story but it is huge fun just being absorbed in the gripping narrative andOne of the most engrossing and captivating stories ever told. Some may say this barely qualifies as a videogame due to a lack of interactivity but you do play a large portion of the title directing your characters and interacting with the environment. The choices you make may not change the overall outcome of the story but it is huge fun just being absorbed in the gripping narrative and just waiting to see what happens next.

It is definitely worth playing through a few times to experience all possibilities and if season 2 can add more depth and choice; we'll have another stunning and thrilling game to explore.
  12. Apr 30, 2014
    The Walking Dead game is a great example to all gamers on how to make your choices matter in a game. What makes this game great is the characters, the story, the setting, and the experience overall.
    You play as a guy named Lee, a convicted criminal during the zombie outbreak. He comes across a little girl named Clementine who he feels obligated to protect. I really liked seeing my choices in the game make an impact to the story overall. I thought the setting really helped the story. My favorite part of the game is the characters you meet; you really feel like anyone can die at any moment and also the acting is really good. For example when Lee first kills a zombie he reacts with an expression of “ What happened to this person?” and he expresses a real state of shock. Clementine is also portrayed as a real character as she tries to be brave but she is still only a little girl.
    The experience I had with this game is different than most others because there is not much game play, its all really a point and click game. The timed decisions mechanic is great; you sometimes only have a few seconds to make a decision which really adds to the tension and panic of the situation. The game is broken down into five episodes, each are about less than two hours. If you are a fan of the walking dead show then I highly recommend buying this game as its the best point and click game I have ever played.
  13. Jan 14, 2013
    I never read the comic and quit watching the show after that nonsensical arm hacksawing three episodes in, so maybe I've missed out on something, but for all of the hype surrounding this game, I only felt that the story was "good"--perhaps even "very good," in spite of its predictability, due to its execution. However, the lauded "choices" do not greatly alter the game's course, and, inI never read the comic and quit watching the show after that nonsensical arm hacksawing three episodes in, so maybe I've missed out on something, but for all of the hype surrounding this game, I only felt that the story was "good"--perhaps even "very good," in spite of its predictability, due to its execution. However, the lauded "choices" do not greatly alter the game's course, and, in fact, increase the formula-dependency of the story arcs, which, combined with an overabundance of foreshadowing, renders most major events entirely predictable, and routinely left me wondering how any of the characters couldn't see everything coming. Even so, the story is definitely something the game has going for it.

However, almost all of the characters are intolerable. You will encounter entirely too many people who simply will not be reasonable, and it is infuriatingly unrealistic. I found myself anticipating each character's inevitable demise, and, in fact, was perturbed by only two characters' deaths, both of which I fully expected. Characters will routinely ask for your advice and then completely ignore it, and they will talk about how much work they do, but never do it. The game basically boils down to you doing all of the hard stuff while everyone else complains about it.

But the hard stuff isn't even all that hard. I realize that Telltale didn't want the adventure game mechanics to detract from the story's pacing, but the puzzles are entirely too easy. Yet, they still exist, so if you wanted to play through the game a second or third time, I imagine you would feel like you were wasting time on the same silly puzzles when there's different conversations to be had. Some of the puzzles are so simple, the dialog actually pokes fun at them, which was humorous, but also begged the question "why include it?" So in the end, I felt that these mechanics still removed from the experience.

This is definitely one of Telltale's best offerings, but It mostly left me feeling like they could have done better. I encountered several bugs, and one saved game reset, but fortunately I backed each save up before starting the next episode. I only played it through once, and it was clear to me where the various other decisions would line up or balance out, which, coupled with the host of wholly unlikeable characters, ultimately killed my desire to replay the game.

Now, to be fair, this is mostly just my dissenting opinion on the game; it has received so much praise that I feel it needs to be grounded a bit. It is not a phenomenal game, but it was a very enjoyable experience, and I still recommend it.
  14. Feb 6, 2013
    As enamored as people are with the characters and the story of this series, they continually overlook one thing: there is NOT ENOUGH GAMEPLAY. It can barely be called as a game, more an interactive motion comic. As stellar as the storytelling is, it is dragged down by poor gameplay, which at it's worse becomes a series of quick time events. You will be spending 75% of your time watchingAs enamored as people are with the characters and the story of this series, they continually overlook one thing: there is NOT ENOUGH GAMEPLAY. It can barely be called as a game, more an interactive motion comic. As stellar as the storytelling is, it is dragged down by poor gameplay, which at it's worse becomes a series of quick time events. You will be spending 75% of your time watching cutscenes. If that's your thing, then more power to you. Me, I'd rather be playing a game. The choices you make don't seem to meaningfully impact the story either. It will still continue down the same linear storyline no matter what choice you make, albeit with some minor tonal changes. Other aspects are lackluster as well; you can tell the team was working on a budget, as a lot of the animations and artwork aren't as polished as they could be. So on those merits, I give this a solid 7. A good outing by Telltale, but there is a lot of room for improvement. I think people have been so starved of good storytelling in games recently, that they jumped all over this and proclaimed it GOTY. Once the dust settles I think we will be able to view what this is with more objective eyes. Expand
  15. Jan 21, 2013
    The Walking Dead is one of the most surprisingly best games ever in my opinion. Never did I think that I would like a game based on a TV series, so buying The Walking Dead never reached my mind, but when I noticed it's great reviews I thought I'll just buy the first one and I'll see how it is. Right after that I found myself anxious to get the next. I thought that I would just spread itThe Walking Dead is one of the most surprisingly best games ever in my opinion. Never did I think that I would like a game based on a TV series, so buying The Walking Dead never reached my mind, but when I noticed it's great reviews I thought I'll just buy the first one and I'll see how it is. Right after that I found myself anxious to get the next. I thought that I would just spread it out over a long time, five dollars a time, but if you do that you'll find that it's impossible. This is an amazingly addictive game, the story is fantastic as well as the voice acting. The little girl you protect, Clementine, will quickly attach to you with her innocence in a world where it seems that it doesn't exist. She is also very understanding. You have to make very tough choices, which will make you want to strangle the little bar telling you how much time you have to make a choice, and eventually you're going to kill a walker or a dangerous human. Clementine will question some of these hard decisions, but you can easily convince her that it was the only thing to do. The graphics are pretty good and have a Borderlands like, comic book feel. The suspense is very exciting and not one episode will let you down. I ran into something weird where people repeated lines, though it didn't last too long. There's also a very annoying part where you have to inch up to someone with a gun, but if you get too close she shoots instead of just stopping you when you get near her, but thankfully reloading checkpoints is a piece of cake and the game gets you back into the action in a split second. My final problem with it is that there are a couple parts where you get to shoot that just seem forced and are very hard to control. Telltale Games did a fantastic job with this game and I'm dying to see what they do with season 2. Expand
  16. Dec 12, 2012
    Let me just get this out of the way now; this is not a hack-and-slash zombie massacre type of game. This is far more than the generic zombie game. It focuses far more on character development and story progression than this mindless action. The Walking Dead is a masterpiece. Starting from the first chapter, the game gets you engrossed with it's depressing and engrossing sequences. ThinkLet me just get this out of the way now; this is not a hack-and-slash zombie massacre type of game. This is far more than the generic zombie game. It focuses far more on character development and story progression than this mindless action. The Walking Dead is a masterpiece. Starting from the first chapter, the game gets you engrossed with it's depressing and engrossing sequences. Think you can waltz through the game making all the "good" choices so everyone survives? Nope, no matter what choices you decide to make, almost everything has a downside. But believe it or not, this is a good thing. It adds an intense amount of realism to the game, and the way characters interact to your decisions and overall disposition is remarkable. The best part about the game is how depressing it actually is. The Walking Dead is definitely one of the best games of the year. If you love games with a powerful, dramatic story, you should definitely check this game out. Expand
  17. Dec 30, 2012
    This game makes you feel. I have never been so emotionally attached to a video game character like I am to Clementine, Lee must stop at everything and consider Clementine in all of his actions. This game makes you feel desperate and afraid to turn the next corner. It may be lacking in the actual " game" part (mostly quick time events) but the story sure as hell makes up for the game play.This game makes you feel. I have never been so emotionally attached to a video game character like I am to Clementine, Lee must stop at everything and consider Clementine in all of his actions. This game makes you feel desperate and afraid to turn the next corner. It may be lacking in the actual " game" part (mostly quick time events) but the story sure as hell makes up for the game play. I'm not sure if it deserves game of the year status, but it is definitely the best story told this year, and one of the best stories ever told in gaming. Expand
  18. Dec 16, 2012
    Overall a pretty great game. I can say without refrain that this is immensely better than the show, as players are given the chance to craft Lee, and in turn Clementine, as you see fit. The unfortunate consequence of programming is that ultimately everything will lead to a point, so the choices you make will only tend to have immediate consequences, but it's still a joy to see them payOverall a pretty great game. I can say without refrain that this is immensely better than the show, as players are given the chance to craft Lee, and in turn Clementine, as you see fit. The unfortunate consequence of programming is that ultimately everything will lead to a point, so the choices you make will only tend to have immediate consequences, but it's still a joy to see them pay off. The story is one of the best gaming has to offer, as getting to know the characters is a truly enjoyable experience, and the best moments come from tense situations where Lee is forced to make a tough decision. The cel-shaded graphics are very impressive to look at, despite their constant hiccups when the action is high. It's convenient that you can pause at any point during the game; however, it's less convenient that cutscenes can not be skipped through during repeat playthroughs. The gameplay takes about half an hour to get used to, and by then you should be handling yourself fine, but ultimately you'll find yourself walking into walls in episodes 4 and 5. Given the fact that cutscenes cannot be skipped and each character's fate is always the same, I don't believe I'll be picking this game up again any time soon, but don't let that sway you from an initial playthrough. Experience the game at least once to get to know Clementine and Lee as they are the core of the narrative, and it's well worth the cheap price tag. Expand
  19. Dec 12, 2012
    Video games have started to grow dull on me, the same **** in different "revolutionary" engines and what not, and I was honestly beginning to quit gaming all together until I started playing this magnificent piece of entertainment! I had zero expectations to the content and expected it to be just as boring as all the other games out there in the market, but half an hour into it i wasVideo games have started to grow dull on me, the same **** in different "revolutionary" engines and what not, and I was honestly beginning to quit gaming all together until I started playing this magnificent piece of entertainment! I had zero expectations to the content and expected it to be just as boring as all the other games out there in the market, but half an hour into it i was completely sold. Truth be told, just by completing the fist episode i was more satisfied with the choices i was able to make than the entirety of mass effect 3! definitely worthy of game of year 2012, kudos. Expand
  20. Dec 14, 2012
    This is game is the first that the I will call truly emotional experience. Seeing Lee and Clementine's relationship develop throughout the five episodes were simply outstanding. I think other developers should use this game as inspiration for creating interesting characters for their games. TellTale really nailed the essence of The Walking Dead: It's not about killing zombies, it's aboutThis is game is the first that the I will call truly emotional experience. Seeing Lee and Clementine's relationship develop throughout the five episodes were simply outstanding. I think other developers should use this game as inspiration for creating interesting characters for their games. TellTale really nailed the essence of The Walking Dead: It's not about killing zombies, it's about the people and how they get along in a world gone to hell.

Despite some technical flaws, I still believe this game was the best experience with a video game I've ever had. Can't wait to see what TellTale can show us in the next game.
  21. Jan 18, 2013
    This game has a gripping and fast-paced story, with beautiful detail and memorable characters. It is a welcome and long-overdue change of pace from your standard shoot-em-up zombie game. Plus, it is easy to play and has an intuitive interface.

The Walking Dead is one of the few games that I've played in recent memory that not only evoked an emotional response from me, but that I completed from start to finish. Because I am an older gamer with three young kids, that is a luxury I can rarely afford. This game was worth it. I would highly recommend it to older, more experienced gamers that want to have an engaging experience without the stress of competitive gameplay.
  22. Apr 5, 2013
    I haven't played a game with so much emotional interaction and player's choice as this one in a long time. The game play is rather simple in such a way that you locate objects and interact with them to progress through the game as cutscenes play out. Conversation is also an important role as you and your fellow survivors begin to bond or become antagonists along the way. I've read someI haven't played a game with so much emotional interaction and player's choice as this one in a long time. The game play is rather simple in such a way that you locate objects and interact with them to progress through the game as cutscenes play out. Conversation is also an important role as you and your fellow survivors begin to bond or become antagonists along the way. I've read some who say that there isn't any real player choice, and yet, having to choose who to save and let the other person be eaten is a very profound choice that you'll find yourself making. Considering the price for the overall series and the payoff in entertainment that you'll receive, this game is a must have. Expand
  23. Dec 25, 2012
    So, I finally got the game and I finished it in three days, last night playing up to half past four with christmas before and all. So let's see, what's there to like:

- Graphics are beautifully low-fi (which is what I liked best about). Sure, it's a little too polished maybe, but I still got the feeling I was watching a comic book being read out to me as a video that someone actually made with any kind of emotion to it while drawing. You all know this "Oh, it looks mindblowingly great", but you still don't feel anything besides that? It's different with this one. You take what you see for real, because a little human touch is still within all those textures and pixels.

- The writing: I really don't know what's there to complain about as I have read in some mixed or negative reviews. I got the season-pass via steam and i paid well below twenty euros in some kind of christmas-special and I really can't think about any movie I have seen in the last five years that even came close to "the walking dead" in terms of emotion, story and character-development (which is a word I normally hate). Get yourself any fresh blue-ray ("Prometheus" for example) and tell me you got the same value out of the script. Should that be the case: I don't believe you. Period. I immediately had a feeling for the characters, sided with them in seconds or thought "Yeah, all right, whatever you say, pal". And you might not believe it, throughout the story, I sometimes really had to bother to change my mind about some of them. And guess what, changing my mind cost me some energy to really pull through with it.

- "Freedom": That's why I compared it to movies in the first place. Sure, I have only one playthrough, sure, sometimes I felt like "Why in God's holy name did that character just die, I tried everything to not make that happen", but nonetheless I never felt angry about it, it literally broke my heart. Well not literally, but I guess you catch my drift, it's just the feeling it carried along of all of it to have been in vain. And isn't this what would happen in a world full of zombies and only thin rays of hope fading in and out? Maybe, as some other reviewers mentioned, the choices I made didn't have the huge effect that was prominently advertised before every episode, but I never cared. For almost every response I wanted to give to any character in the game, there was a dialogue option that was to choose, my favorite being "Are you **** nuts" when this was all I could think of to "say". And yes, I felt like I was actually saying it and that's what I call freedom instead of some fifteen million different endings. When you're able to build up a situation to the point, where 99 percent of the people have the choice they want to choose, then that's all right with me in terms of freedom. After all, people are just people and maybe I'm a bit simple or something, but I'll manage.

- Addictiveness: It's there, believe me. I had to think about it like half a minute every time I was to select "Exit" from the menu, even though I was running late for some family-meal already.

Now to what's caused the game to lose it's 10 out of 10:

- Invisible walls: C'mon, man, just put a solid barrier in front of where you don't want me to go. That shouldn't be too hard in terms of level design. (Although I like invisible walls better than areas you can go to that have absolutely nothing in it four you to do and you have to walk back empty handed)

- Quicktime-Events: Q and E alone? Klicking some bubbles with your mouse? How about giving me a challenge at times, please. But let's be honest, all these action-scenes are probably only in there so you could lable it as a video-game, which it barely is (which is not a bad thing to begin with). But as I said, a little more challenge and I'd have been even more involved.

- Dialogue choices are sometimes missleading. At one or two times I thought I was going to calm things down, but instead I was screaming at someone. Also they sometimes involve dialogue forced unto me that had nothing to do with what I intended to say (For made-up example: I wanted to say "I went to the carneval without you", instead of directly saying I slept with someone else there, which I wanted to reveal with my next answer, but the talked to character asked "Why?", and I said, "It's not important" without me having a chance to do anything about it any more, thus not coming clean).

- WASD to move around isn't the best option considering that "The Walking Dead" isn't an FPS most of the time.

- I really don't like being told that there is a dialogue-option when it's going to cause me to hear a non-skipable, non-ineractive, "Hey, you all right"-"Yes,-"See you later then"-cutsceen.

But all in all, 9 out of 10 it is.
  24. Dec 14, 2012
    The surprise of the year, blowing away AAA Game of the Year contenders twice it's price with 100x the budget. An absolute must buy and revival of a lost genre. Hopefully other developers take note and stop sh*tting out stupid junk like Call of Duty ever year. I can't wait for Season 2!
  25. Dec 13, 2012
    This game is great. The few people that didn't like the game were because they are so shallow they cannot accept a game without good gameplay. This is a game that is played solely for story. If you like that, pick this game up. If you don't, still pick this game up.
  26. Dec 12, 2012
    This isn't a game. This is an experience. One that will touch your heart, hurt you, make you feel love, and make you cry. Its an experience those looking for a truly remarkable tale.

Action junkies, and idiots who complain leave now. The walking dead is in its own class
  27. Dec 11, 2012
    It may not be action packed, but it really touches the game like no other, and I find pretty cool to see how other people reacted to the same situation when I finish an episode.
  28. Dec 14, 2012
    best game EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  29. Dec 12, 2012
    One of the best stories in a game, makes you feel for the characters and regret your hard decisions even though you know in your heart it was the right choice.

Speaking of the right choice, the right choice is to buy this now!
  30. Dec 16, 2012
    The walking dead is best Arcade game that i playing! very nice very fun.i am very happy because i know we can continue playing this game in season 2 so i give this game 10 out of 10 !

1. Jan 29, 2013
    This series offered some of the most memorable hours we spent holding a gamepad during 2012. [Feb 2013, p.102]
  2. Jan 29, 2013
    A masterclass in how to tell stories in games. [Issue#94, p.80]
  3. Jan 7, 2013
    Engaging, dramatic, touching: The Walking Dead is one of this year's masterpieces. Absolutely a must-have.