8.6

1. Nov 14, 2014
    This Gave Me Clinical Depression, It Lets Out All The Feels!
    But One Of My Favourite Games And Probably One Of The Best Stories Of This Generation!
  2. Jan 5, 2013
    This game was a real treat, and I dont even like most point-and-click type games in the first place. If youre a fan of the show then you'll definitely like this for sure- its like an interactive season of the show- its that good!!!
  3. Apr 5, 2013
    I haven't played a game with so much emotional interaction and player's choice as this one in a long time. The game play is rather simple in such a way that you locate objects and interact with them to progress through the game as cutscenes play out. Conversation is also an important role as you and your fellow survivors begin to bond or become antagonists along the way. I've read someI haven't played a game with so much emotional interaction and player's choice as this one in a long time. The game play is rather simple in such a way that you locate objects and interact with them to progress through the game as cutscenes play out. Conversation is also an important role as you and your fellow survivors begin to bond or become antagonists along the way. I've read some who say that there isn't any real player choice, and yet, having to choose who to save and let the other person be eaten is a very profound choice that you'll find yourself making. Considering the price for the overall series and the payoff in entertainment that you'll receive, this game is a must have. Expand
  4. Dec 17, 2012
    This series of episodes starts out a bit rough but when you look to a book or movie, the ending is really what becomes the deciding factor. And that's the amazing thing about this game, is that the storytelling is comparable to a book or movie. The gameplay and graphics have their rough patches here and there, and there are times where you may need to look up a guide because nothing makesThis series of episodes starts out a bit rough but when you look to a book or movie, the ending is really what becomes the deciding factor. And that's the amazing thing about this game, is that the storytelling is comparable to a book or movie. The gameplay and graphics have their rough patches here and there, and there are times where you may need to look up a guide because nothing makes sense. But all in all, this game portrays a great story and one that is well worth checking out. For anyone on the fence about this game, play through the first two chapters (roughly 4 hours) and you will not regret it for a second. The fact that you can get all this for $20 is amazing. You actually get to highly influence the story and how all of the characters (live or die) will keep pushing towards the end. The 3rd and last chapter of it all are really mindblowing, particularly the last. I was really floored by the story on this one, and that truthfully hasn't happened to me since I played through the first bioshock. I can't think of many things that provide more value for $20. Check it out if you haven't. You will not regret it. Expand
  5. Aug 21, 2013
    Telltale Games have succeeded in creating a new type of game. An interactive story where characters, dialogue and decisions take precedence over the hand-eye co-ordination required of gamers in FPS or racing games. The puzzles are fairly simple and are successful in some, but not all, of the episodes. However, the storyline is fantastic and elicits rare emotion from gamers. The wholeTelltale Games have succeeded in creating a new type of game. An interactive story where characters, dialogue and decisions take precedence over the hand-eye co-ordination required of gamers in FPS or racing games. The puzzles are fairly simple and are successful in some, but not all, of the episodes. However, the storyline is fantastic and elicits rare emotion from gamers. The whole season is a rollercoaster ride of emotion and leads us to an ending that is brave and thought-provoking. Expand
  6. Mar 15, 2013
    Harrowing. Absolutely harrowing. Such a great story driven experience. The first episode is very slow, but fight through it because the rest is fantastic. I would have given it a but for the odd graphical glitches, and little things such as characters lips moving when they have finished speaking, which jars you out of the zone periodically.
  7. Jan 19, 2014
    Telltale's The Walking Dead is absolutely amazing! This choose-your-own-adventure-esque zombie games provides a fantastic story that has plenty of emotional depth as well as some jump-out-of-your-seat scares. Featuring characters that players can care for (that are fantastically well-acted of course), players can fully immerse themselves into the experience that is The Walking Dead game.Telltale's The Walking Dead is absolutely amazing! This choose-your-own-adventure-esque zombie games provides a fantastic story that has plenty of emotional depth as well as some jump-out-of-your-seat scares. Featuring characters that players can care for (that are fantastically well-acted of course), players can fully immerse themselves into the experience that is The Walking Dead game. You may be thinking why have I not given this game a 10 out of 10. Well, the game certainly has some technical hiccups, such as the occasional bad frame rate, tedious load times and other glitches like that. But those technical flaws aside, The Walking Dead is a must play and an experience worth experiencing. NOTE: The game might leave you in tears by the end. Expand
  8. Dec 21, 2012
    Game of the year. Nothing else has come close. The brilliant writing and acting overshadowed the minimal game play elements. So maybe it is more of an evolved graphic novel than a game.. whatever it is I want more.
  9. Jan 23, 2013
    Despite its plethora of invisible walls, glitches, screen tearing, and straight out freezes, The Walking Dead: A Telltale Game Series manages to touch an emotional level that no game has really ever achieved. The decision never feel fixed, even when they are. But many other decisions have a severe impact on the remaining track of the game. Its the best decision tree in a video game yet,Despite its plethora of invisible walls, glitches, screen tearing, and straight out freezes, The Walking Dead: A Telltale Game Series manages to touch an emotional level that no game has really ever achieved. The decision never feel fixed, even when they are. But many other decisions have a severe impact on the remaining track of the game. Its the best decision tree in a video game yet, and brings interactive gaming to a new level. Expand
  10. Apr 1, 2013
    First of all would like to say i am not obsessed with the walking dead. I only bought the game because microsoft was having a sale and i heard it was good. At first i felt it might be overhyped but It did not disappoint! If you are looking for a traditional zombie game like resident evil look elsewhere. This is not a shooter and doesn't have any shooter mechanics. The gameplay is simpleFirst of all would like to say i am not obsessed with the walking dead. I only bought the game because microsoft was having a sale and i heard it was good. At first i felt it might be overhyped but It did not disappoint! If you are looking for a traditional zombie game like resident evil look elsewhere. This is not a shooter and doesn't have any shooter mechanics. The gameplay is simple and there are quick time scenes but where this game shines is the story. Its about the people you are traveling with and the way you want your character to act. There are no traditional choices and there is only one ending but the choices you make do change your character. I don't consider that the illusion of choice personally. You might not be able to change your destination but you can change your character and partially how you get there which for me counts. My only complaints are sometimes the game can feel slow but it makes up for it with the story, the surprises that occur from time to time and the choices you make. If your a fan of the show get it if you prefer games with a great story get it, if you want something similar to a shooter horror game you won't find it here but if want something different if your willing to take the chance what you will find is an surprisingly excellent adventure. I wouldn't say it deserved game of the year but it is for sure a great game. Expand
  11. Jan 2, 2013
    The game is not without flaws (I thought a few animations looked a bit thrown together), but it's easily one of the best games I played in 2012. This is a game for people who like their games to tell them a story, and who like to feel something for the character they play as.
  12. Dec 17, 2012
    This game honestly was the best game I played all year. It had something that most games lack, feeling. The story and the character development were amazing. The story had its twists and its turns. There were two main problems that cause people to dislike this game. First, the gaming part of this game is really just figuring out what to do and making decisions. While this at first seemsThis game honestly was the best game I played all year. It had something that most games lack, feeling. The story and the character development were amazing. The story had its twists and its turns. There were two main problems that cause people to dislike this game. First, the gaming part of this game is really just figuring out what to do and making decisions. While this at first seems lackluster, the story and the characters keep you wanting to play. Along with this, the decision-making can sometimes seem useless. These two things however can be overlooked by the simple fact that the story was easily one of the best stories I have encountered in years. The Walking Dead TV show could use a story as good as this. It may not be the best game ever, but it definitely should be a must play for anyone who likes RPGs. It was my Game of the Year. Expand
  13. Dec 19, 2012
    Outstanding characters, a great script and brilliant comic-style graphics. Some of the most emotionally engaging and upsetting moments in video-game history. Only the fairly straight-forward gameplay and over-reliance on QTE stops it getting a 10 - but don't let that put you off. Absolutely my GOTY.
  14. Dec 25, 2012
    So, I finally got the game and I finished it in three days, last night playing up to half past four with christmas before and all. So let's see, what's there to like:

- Graphics are beautifully low-fi (which is what I liked best about). Sure, it's a little too polished maybe, but I still got the feeling I was watching a comic book being read out to me as a video that someone actually made with any kind of emotion to it while drawing. You all know this "Oh, it looks mindblowingly great", but you still don't feel anything besides that? It's different with this one. You take what you see for real, because a little human touch is still within all those textures and pixels.

- The writing: I really don't know what's there to complain about as I have read in some mixed or negative reviews. I got the season-pass via steam and i paid well below twenty euros in some kind of christmas-special and I really can't think about any movie I have seen in the last five years that even came close to "the walking dead" in terms of emotion, story and character-development (which is a word I normally hate). Get yourself any fresh blue-ray ("Prometheus" for example) and tell me you got the same value out of the script. Should that be the case: I don't believe you. Period. I immediately had a feeling for the characters, sided with them in seconds or thought "Yeah, all right, whatever you say, pal". And you might not believe it, throughout the story, I sometimes really had to bother to change my mind about some of them. And guess what, changing my mind cost me some energy to really pull through with it.

- "Freedom": That's why I compared it to movies in the first place. Sure, I have only one playthrough, sure, sometimes I felt like "Why in God's holy name did that character just die, I tried everything to not make that happen", but nonetheless I never felt angry about it, it literally broke my heart. Well not literally, but I guess you catch my drift, it's just the feeling it carried along of all of it to have been in vain. And isn't this what would happen in a world full of zombies and only thin rays of hope fading in and out? Maybe, as some other reviewers mentioned, the choices I made didn't have the huge effect that was prominently advertised before every episode, but I never cared. For almost every response I wanted to give to any character in the game, there was a dialogue option that was to choose, my favorite being "Are you **** nuts" when this was all I could think of to "say". And yes, I felt like I was actually saying it and that's what I call freedom instead of some fifteen million different endings. When you're able to build up a situation to the point, where 99 percent of the people have the choice they want to choose, then that's all right with me in terms of freedom. After all, people are just people and maybe I'm a bit simple or something, but I'll manage.

- Addictiveness: It's there, believe me. I had to think about it like half a minute every time I was to select "Exit" from the menu, even though I was running late for some family-meal already.

Now to what's caused the game to lose it's 10 out of 10:

- Invisible walls: C'mon, man, just put a solid barrier in front of where you don't want me to go. That shouldn't be too hard in terms of level design. (Although I like invisible walls better than areas you can go to that have absolutely nothing in it four you to do and you have to walk back empty handed)

- Quicktime-Events: Q and E alone? Klicking some bubbles with your mouse? How about giving me a challenge at times, please. But let's be honest, all these action-scenes are probably only in there so you could lable it as a video-game, which it barely is (which is not a bad thing to begin with). But as I said, a little more challenge and I'd have been even more involved.

- Dialogue choices are sometimes missleading. At one or two times I thought I was going to calm things down, but instead I was screaming at someone. Also they sometimes involve dialogue forced unto me that had nothing to do with what I intended to say (For made-up example: I wanted to say "I went to the carneval without you", instead of directly saying I slept with someone else there, which I wanted to reveal with my next answer, but the talked to character asked "Why?", and I said, "It's not important" without me having a chance to do anything about it any more, thus not coming clean).

- WASD to move around isn't the best option considering that "The Walking Dead" isn't an FPS most of the time.

- I really don't like being told that there is a dialogue-option when it's going to cause me to hear a non-skipable, non-ineractive, "Hey, you all right"-"Yes,-"See you later then"-cutsceen.

But all in all, 9 out of 10 it is.
  15. Dec 26, 2012
    A really good game. Short, cheep and quality. This game is so dramatic and well done. Deep story and very innovating. I give it a 9 because I think it´s a little bit short in my opinion. I´m happy because this game won the VGA´s and that helps a lot the industry motivating developers moving forward this types of experiences.
    GOOD JOB TELLTALE GAMES!
  16. Dec 28, 2012
    When I first saw the trailer for Telltale's The Walking Dead I had mixed feelings towards it. Point-and-click? Apparently lousy animations? That wasn't how I imagined a TWD Adaptation to my console. But when the first episode came out, everyone was so pleased by it I gave it a go. And since, I couldn't stop. Episode 1: It was a great beginning to the franchise. The important decissions andWhen I first saw the trailer for Telltale's The Walking Dead I had mixed feelings towards it. Point-and-click? Apparently lousy animations? That wasn't how I imagined a TWD Adaptation to my console. But when the first episode came out, everyone was so pleased by it I gave it a go. And since, I couldn't stop. Episode 1: It was a great beginning to the franchise. The important decissions and the story wrapped me in the game since the beginning. In Episode 2 the story flew away, although it was still good and tense. Episode 3 (My favourite) was with episode 5, the most shocking of the saga. Also I found an interesting variety of gameplay that made it excellent. Then came Episode 4, which was a little bit repetitive but also tremendously entertaining. And Episode 5, which made me cry like a little b***. After drying my face, I'm proud to say TWD is my GOTY. It isn't perfect (The animations show lots of flaws) but the story, the characters....I've never felt so touched by a game before. Telltale has made something bigger than a game. They have made a story we can build and, even though the ending is the same in any way the story is constructed, the journey is a hell of a ride. Describe The Walking Dead in terms of gameplay is also hard. Point-and-click may seem like an easy, childish term for the game's mechanic, but it isn't. Point-and-click includes choosing answers and decissions quickly, shooting with guns, rifles and snipers, and to be honest....That's what we do in any mainstream big-budget FPS game. Just point and click and maybe click another time. And TWD isn't easy! I died many times, and in Episode 3 for example, I had to get a concussion trying to sort out a puzzle, but still, the game Is so enjoyable. Well, let's put it on another way. Enjoyable for the people who enjoy stories, as TWD proved "Fun" and "Constant Gameplay" is not necessary to make a great game. I would give it a 9.5, but because I can't at least I am an official game critic, I think a 90 will do the same thing I wish it will do. To convince you trying this game. NOW! Expand
  17. Jan 6, 2013
    I love this game and haven't been able to put it down since I bought it! The characters are so well written and you will care for some and hate others. When my favourite character abruptly and unexpectedly died I literally got up shouted "WTF!" at the TV. Some superb writing makes this one of the most engrossing stories I have ever become trapped in. Although I realize the game is meant toI love this game and haven't been able to put it down since I bought it! The characters are so well written and you will care for some and hate others. When my favourite character abruptly and unexpectedly died I literally got up shouted "WTF!" at the TV. Some superb writing makes this one of the most engrossing stories I have ever become trapped in. Although I realize the game is meant to look like a comic book some of the textures are very pixelated. I know not a lot of Telltale games look very amazing but it is kind of disappointing when you compare the visuals to those of Borderlands 2. Along with quite a few glitches the game is not perfect but definitely worth the low price. One of my new favourites. By the way, why do people keep on giving this game terrible scores for the slight inconvenience of no option for inverted Y axis? Seriously, who still uses inverted Y. Expand
  18. Jan 11, 2013
    A narative based game with good game play. This game is one of the games of the year in 2012. Some of the best writing in games, this game shows why Telltale is the king at Point and Click gaming. This game is art in the swarms of Call of Duty's, I tell you all, go play this game(probably not on an Xbox 360 with 4 GBs).
  19. Jan 11, 2013
    Loved the series and was very pleased to see a game that offered the same suspense and satisfaction while being able to dictate situations. A very solid game and story.
  20. Jan 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I first saw the way the game was set up after playing the demo, I was a bit disappointed. But then one day, after I was purchasing games to play on my Xbox, I spent my remaining 400 pts (or $5) on The Walking Dead - Episode 1: A New Day. My disappointment slowly began to deteriorate as I saw the major strengths of this game: the characters, the development of those characters, and the story. The story begins when the protagonist of the series, Lee Everett, is being sent to prison (which the crime is mentioned later in the story of him killing of a man who the wife was cheating on him with), but with some "luck", the car hits something on the road which causes the vehicle to flip into a wooded area. As Lee escapes from the wrecked car, he slowly begins to see that the world he once knew is becoming a barren wasteland filled with zombies (or what the series calls them "Walkers"). Later on, he meets a little girl named Clementine and takes her in under his care. And that is when the adventure kicks off!
    Throughout the game, you'll meet other characters like Kenny, Glenn from the TV series, Larry (my most hated character in the game), and many others as you go through the game. Now the character development is built by dialogue and choices. Choices that the player has to make in a select amount of time. This mechanic makes the game truly interesting with the choices people make, like which character do you save situation that makes the player decide who to save and who to let die. The characters are also a delight for this game. By learning more and more about the characters throughout the episodes, you either become more bonded to them or have more hatred towards them. This game also has a lot of moments where you are on the edge of your seat and moments when you want to cry. One of the moments when you want to cry is in Episode 3: Long Road Ahead, where you have to decide whether Kenny kills his son who is infected or Lee does it. It makes the story ever more stronger and it also makes you feel more and more attached to the characters.
    Now good things aside, there is only one problem I have with the game, the controls. The game is a point and click adventure, yet the 360 has a really weird way of pulling it off. You either move in a different direction or the game doesn't seem to click the item that you want. It gets a little bit annoying, but only for the first 5 times it happens.
    In conclusion, the game is deep with story and character development. You can either purchase this game via XBLA or buy it on retail. This is one of those games you can't miss!
  21. Jan 21, 2013
    The Walking Dead is one of the most surprisingly best games ever in my opinion. Never did I think that I would like a game based on a TV series, so buying The Walking Dead never reached my mind, but when I noticed it's great reviews I thought I'll just buy the first one and I'll see how it is. Right after that I found myself anxious to get the next. I thought that I would just spread itThe Walking Dead is one of the most surprisingly best games ever in my opinion. Never did I think that I would like a game based on a TV series, so buying The Walking Dead never reached my mind, but when I noticed it's great reviews I thought I'll just buy the first one and I'll see how it is. Right after that I found myself anxious to get the next. I thought that I would just spread it out over a long time, five dollars a time, but if you do that you'll find that it's impossible. This is an amazingly addictive game, the story is fantastic as well as the voice acting. The little girl you protect, Clementine, will quickly attach to you with her innocence in a world where it seems that it doesn't exist. She is also very understanding. You have to make very tough choices, which will make you want to strangle the little bar telling you how much time you have to make a choice, and eventually you're going to kill a walker or a dangerous human. Clementine will question some of these hard decisions, but you can easily convince her that it was the only thing to do. The graphics are pretty good and have a Borderlands like, comic book feel. The suspense is very exciting and not one episode will let you down. I ran into something weird where people repeated lines, though it didn't last too long. There's also a very annoying part where you have to inch up to someone with a gun, but if you get too close she shoots instead of just stopping you when you get near her, but thankfully reloading checkpoints is a piece of cake and the game gets you back into the action in a split second. My final problem with it is that there are a couple parts where you get to shoot that just seem forced and are very hard to control. Telltale Games did a fantastic job with this game and I'm dying to see what they do with season 2. Expand
  22. Jan 27, 2013
    This is one of the few games that has actually made me cry. It does have parts that really slow down as you're trying to figure things out, but this serves also to build tension and increase interaction with the other characters. That's what ends up mattering the most by the end when you know not everyone is going to survive and others have already died as a result of your choices. TheThis is one of the few games that has actually made me cry. It does have parts that really slow down as you're trying to figure things out, but this serves also to build tension and increase interaction with the other characters. That's what ends up mattering the most by the end when you know not everyone is going to survive and others have already died as a result of your choices. The point and click format works in some places but can also make things a bit cumbersome. Overall a fantastic experience with some minor complaints that are easily trumped by the amazing story. Expand
  23. Jan 23, 2013
    The mechanic of you make the decisions is the best part. Sure Mass Effect may have done it first, but The Walking Dead did it better. Mostly because of no starchild ending. Somethings there is slow down, and chugging which won't take away from your experience. 9/10
  24. Jan 27, 2013
    TellTale Games most definitely redeemed themselves with this game. It is a well though out; well developed trawling story that manages to capture your empathetic emotions. I don't have kids of my own but I've talked to people who do, and for them the true meaning of the game really captured their hearts. While waiting for the episodic content to release was a pain, I was a fun experience.TellTale Games most definitely redeemed themselves with this game. It is a well though out; well developed trawling story that manages to capture your empathetic emotions. I don't have kids of my own but I've talked to people who do, and for them the true meaning of the game really captured their hearts. While waiting for the episodic content to release was a pain, I was a fun experience. Just like a child waiting for the next issue of a comic book to come out, TellTale did it right in keeping all of its fans cringing for that next episodic content of the game.

I gave the game a 9 because of the tech issues I and many other encountered during gameplay. Some bugs here and there didn't allow for a smooth gameplay, none the less a smooth transition from cut-scene to cut-scene. To anyone debating wither they should play this game or not, I say don't even think about it just play it! This is more then a game, It is an interactive movie to say the least.
  25. Feb 5, 2013
    I had no idea this game would be as good as it is. For me this was the sleeper hit of 2012. Games before it have touted tough choices that dramatically change story. They need to take a page from Telltale Games. The first time I played through this game, I found myself thinking about what I would do during a real zombie apocalypse. Some of the choices I made during this game, I had noI had no idea this game would be as good as it is. For me this was the sleeper hit of 2012. Games before it have touted tough choices that dramatically change story. They need to take a page from Telltale Games. The first time I played through this game, I found myself thinking about what I would do during a real zombie apocalypse. Some of the choices I made during this game, I had no idea I could be that vicious. This is a must play game, it'll teach you something about yourself you never knew. It is the only game that actually make your choices matter. Expand
  26. Feb 16, 2013
    To me the walking Dead Series and comics are amazing, they bring out the Drama in a zombie apocalypse instead of the violence. When I heard of a Walking Dead game, I was worried that this was going to flop, replacing drama with action and gore, all those worries vanished once I played the game, it is a masterpiece, using graphics from the comic books and developing its own story line, andTo me the walking Dead Series and comics are amazing, they bring out the Drama in a zombie apocalypse instead of the violence. When I heard of a Walking Dead game, I was worried that this was going to flop, replacing drama with action and gore, all those worries vanished once I played the game, it is a masterpiece, using graphics from the comic books and developing its own story line, and how it was like when the outbreak first started, while I find the TV series cameos to be a tad bit desperate for fans, the game itself is flawless, being a point and click puzzle game and knowing what it is, not trying to be anything else, while there are some awkward shooting sequences, they go with the game rather well. Now the main bit, the core of the game, characters, this game is souly based around the relationship and the drama between all characters involved, and while episode 1 is slow, the other 4 are just incredible, with one of the best endings to a game that I have seen in a long time, never before have I cried at a video game ending, but this one really got to me, I would suggest this game to everyone and anyone. Expand
  27. Mar 24, 2013
    After playing the walking dead i will never look at video games in the same way. This game has given me a new standard for what I want in video game stories. Every single character, even characters who have the tiniest of roles feel real and have genuine emotion. Sure the story might not be as epic as mass effect or halo, but that is not the point of the story to show off epic battle andAfter playing the walking dead i will never look at video games in the same way. This game has given me a new standard for what I want in video game stories. Every single character, even characters who have the tiniest of roles feel real and have genuine emotion. Sure the story might not be as epic as mass effect or halo, but that is not the point of the story to show off epic battle and saving the world from world destroying aliens. But instead it is about the relationship between convicted felon Lee Everett and 8 year old Clementine in an unforgiving world and the inseparable bond these two create over the course of the story. There are still some technical hiccups and some missteps but the overall quality of the story makes you forgot about these missteps all together. This game is a major triumph of a game and should not be missed by anyone who truly respect the story of a game. Expand
  28. Jun 24, 2013
    The Walking Dead is not just a game, rather it is an experience that all gamers should undertake. Everything from the amazing characters to the tragic setting help aid this game's outstanding story and premise. The beginning will instantly hook you as you're immediately thrown into a world gone to chaos. Any game that can bring a tear to my eye gets special recognition from me. A must play.
  29. Feb 21, 2013
    Where the hell did this come from? A point and click linear game based on a popular series? How did this become one of my favorite games? Simple. From the very start this game is a story, one not told through battlefields, or action. But rather through characters, emotions, sounds and setting. The connection developed for the two main characters, and their impact on the audience isWhere the hell did this come from? A point and click linear game based on a popular series? How did this become one of my favorite games? Simple. From the very start this game is a story, one not told through battlefields, or action. But rather through characters, emotions, sounds and setting. The connection developed for the two main characters, and their impact on the audience is legendary. Never have I cared so much for fictional people. Voice acting, writing, and all small details elevate this small work into AAA status. At a low cost for the series, I highly suggest you see for yourself. The only reason this game loses a point from perfect is numerous glitches, slowdowns and save game erases, which hurts the immersion. Expand
  30. Feb 26, 2013
    not much action here but no other story has drug me in so deep. I fell in love with the characters. the story is the best of this millennium. poor graphics and little glitches keep this game from getting a perfect 10.
  31. Mar 8, 2013
    An absolute gem of a game one of the highlights of last year's game line-up. The emotionally-driven core of the game puts technical issues and the simplicity of the game's mechanics in the shade. A breath of fresh air in a market saturated with carbon-copy, cliched storylines that provides no emotional attachment for the reader. A must play.
  32. Mar 20, 2013
    I can see why this game was top 10 of 2012. The gameplay was simple, but that's what it was about choices and not shoot 'em up. the graphics weren't amazing, but for what it was and the price I paid it was very, very well worth it. The storyline leaves you hanging, so I'm looking forward to the sequel since the FPS TWD came out with is a flop. Oh and who doesnt absolutely ADORE little Clementine?
  33. Apr 4, 2013
    Good: Nice Comic Graphics, Intresting Gameplay,Fantastic Story, Good Moral Choices, Actual good Gameplay, Fluid Presentation, A l t of Replayability
    Bad: Some Annoying Glitches, Camera is sometimes at awkward angles, Some Really Annoying Sections.

A Great Game and a Good price For What You Get.
  34. Mar 23, 2013
    I really don't like this type of gameplay, but only cause it's not my style, but i know this game is amazing and it has an awesome story, characters
  35. Apr 10, 2013
    this game by a narrative stand point is HUGE. but my two big gripes are 1. there is not very much "game" to it, which does not mean there is not fun parts of it. 2. the decisions you make don't have very different outcomes or happens no matter what you do.
  36. Apr 27, 2013
    I was skeptical of this game and debating buying it for quite a while. However, my doubts were quickly removed after playing the first Episode that was released for free on Xbox Live which subsequently caused me to go out and buy the full retail version right away! I wouldn't say it is necessary to have watched the Walking Dead TV series or read the comics but I can definitely say the gameI was skeptical of this game and debating buying it for quite a while. However, my doubts were quickly removed after playing the first Episode that was released for free on Xbox Live which subsequently caused me to go out and buy the full retail version right away! I wouldn't say it is necessary to have watched the Walking Dead TV series or read the comics but I can definitely say the game more as a result of loving the show and the parallels between them become apparent the more you play.

This game is truly a unique experience that you really can't experience in another game of this generation. Each character you interact with is very developed and one character in particular you will certainly become more emotionally invested in as the game progresses. Throughout the game you are presented with choices at pretty much every step of the way. Some choices have more of an effect on the game than others. Your character's dialogue options are presented in the form of an on screen prompt which allow you to tailor your responses to the type of character you want to be. On top of that, your choices are also timed, so for the most part you will have a limited amount of time to make a decision. While I suppose you could pause the game to ponder a dialogue option, I feel the game is meant to be played in a way that mimics real life. In reality, choices have to be made quickly and you don't always have the luxury of being able to weigh all the pros and cons. This game encourages you to make quick choices and live with the consequences.

During my playthrough I experienced some technical issues that appear to be only on the retail disc version such as an usual amount of lag at the main screen. This may be as a result of having to pull information from the disc as this game cannot be installed to the hard drive if you purchase the disc version. This issue was more of a minor annoyance rather than a game breaking problem.

Unlike the Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, the Telltale Games series take on the Walking Dead is clearly the definitive Walking Dead experience. I highly encourage anyone who is interested in this game and may be turned off issues such as graphics or the more story driven style of game versus gameplay heavy (such as Left 4 Dead) to give this game a chance. It is a memorable experience that will make you hate that is has to end.
  37. May 30, 2013
    This game is so wonderful that word's can't do it justice. It has some of the greatest character development ever, a attention grabbing story and I've played through it several times over. I've never liked point and click games, but this is one of my favorites. Only reason I can't give it a 10 is because it isn't as open as I'd like. What I mean is, no matter what you do, the same overallThis game is so wonderful that word's can't do it justice. It has some of the greatest character development ever, a attention grabbing story and I've played through it several times over. I've never liked point and click games, but this is one of my favorites. Only reason I can't give it a 10 is because it isn't as open as I'd like. What I mean is, no matter what you do, the same overall thing happens. There is different dialogue for each choice you make, but it would've been cool to have a completely different ending if you would've played the game in a different way. Bottom line. Buy this game. Expand
  38. Jul 28, 2013
    Expectations:
    Going into this game for the first time I had high expectations as I bought all 5 episodes after they had all came out, due to this I was subjected to many people talking about this game and ranting on about how good it was, and how they got blown away by certain set-pieces in this game.
    Scores: Graphics: 10/10 Campaign: 9/10 Sound: 8/10 Gameplay: 9/10 Multiplayer:

Gameplay: 9/10
    Multiplayer: N/A
    Final Score: 9/10

Final Verdict:
    Like many of my friends I was blown away by this masterpiece of a game! Personally the graphics I thought graphics in this game were terrific, I heard from certain members of society that they thought that the graphics were terrible, but they could not be more mistaken as the graphics are intended to have a comic-book feel like the actual 'The Walking Dead' comics. The only bad part of the story in this game that was just above average was the beginning of "Episode 3" the rest was outstanding! The attention to detail in sound was good, especially during some sneaking when old wooden floorboards creaked, that just elevated the tension to another level. In a nutshell the gameplay sets out to be fairly simple and excels at at it.
  39. Dec 23, 2013
    the walking dead is absolutely an terrific game,the story is amazing and i liked a lot the choice system,the only problem is thatis an point and click game.
  40. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Cell shaded graphics; there not the best looking either, they are average. 7.

Sound: Nice themes, grade, “A” voice acting, although some of the voices aren’t synced properly, and at times the game scene will completely halt, and then a different scene will pop up and the sound just blasts in without a fade or anything to make it unnoticeable. The game will completely pause a scene just to load a new scene of the same environment. 8.

Gameplay: The game is more of a point and click adventure, but it does have some shooting scenes. There are dialog decisions that are timed, similar to the first Mass Effect. The decisions make a huge impact in the overall gameplay. This game is truly Telltale Games best point and click ever. Most of the game is broken down by environments that need exploring, and dialog to figure out the next move. This was definitely one of the best point and click adventures ever. 10.

Story: The story is amazing, it’s just so intense, and the decision made change the way the story pans out. Definitely worth playing, and the episodes can be played more than once with different results. 10.
    Lasting Appeal/Value: Definitely worth getting, and at least playing through once. The game is $15 and usually has been going on sale. Each episode is about 3 hours, with the final episode about 1.5 hours. 10.

Overall Score: 9 out of 10.
  41. Jul 4, 2014
    One of the best games i have ever played. This game has an incredible, deep story depending on how you choose to play it. It makes you feel for the characters. All episodes are amazing. It is definitely worth it. Play the first episode and you'll get hooked in and will keep on playing.

However, it may lag occasionally on the xbox 360 but it doesn't ruin this great game.
  42. Apr 8, 2015
    Lo mas importante de un videojuego es entretener, que te quedes en el y no lo dejes, y este juego lo hace a la perfección. Yo no tuve la oportunidad de jugarlo en PC pero si en esta consola y en Playstation 4 y me pareció excelente.

Pros: -una trama entretenida. -poder hacer elecciones a tu estilo, ya sea ser bueno o malo con los demás personajes o dilemas morales como matar o no a

Pros:
    -una trama entretenida.
    -poder hacer elecciones a tu estilo, ya sea ser bueno o malo con los demás personajes o dilemas morales como matar o no a uno.
    -un gran trasfondo.
    -unas gráficas bien logradas para hacerlo parecer un cómic.
    -lograr convertirlo como una serie de televisión al dividirlo en 5 capítulos.
    -muy buenos diálogos.
    -la capacidad de llegarte a relacionar con los personajes es excelente, pudiendo hacer amistad o enemistad.

Contras:
    -diseño de nivel inexistente
    -algunas decisiones no afectan en nada en la historia, siendo así una historia siempre lineal.
    -algo corta la historia, dando así poca experiencia al juego.
    -muy pocas opciones para ser rejugable.

Este juego creo mucha polémica, si era de verdad un juego o una simple película interactiva, a mi en lo personal no me importa lo que sea. El punto es que me entretuvo y me dio una gran experiencia haberlo jugado
  43. May 23, 2015
    Telltale Games’ The Walking Dead (season one, which is essentially the first game) offers not just something that’s unique but something that’s great. It’s a decision-based game mixed with a well-crafted point-and-click adventure. The game was made to look like the comic book but follows its own story. As Lee, a man who was being tried for murder just before the zombie apocalypse, you meetTelltale Games’ The Walking Dead (season one, which is essentially the first game) offers not just something that’s unique but something that’s great. It’s a decision-based game mixed with a well-crafted point-and-click adventure. The game was made to look like the comic book but follows its own story. As Lee, a man who was being tried for murder just before the zombie apocalypse, you meet up with new survivors as you watch over a girl named Clementine. Your morals are used time and time again during your adventure. Plot twists are around every corner as you fight for survival, sometimes making decisions without thinking due to the limited time provided to make them, which is realistic. The survivors you’re with change frequently and the situations you’re in are consistently unique from each other so things don’t get stale. My only real complaints: this game has too many glitches and it stutters and loads too frequently. So are you a generous helping hand or a cold survivor? It's up to you! Expand
  44. DME
    Jan 18, 2013
    It's more of an interactive movie than a video game. But, if you're okay with that, it has an excellent story and great voice acting. Lots of cool moments and it's especially interesting to see how your choices affect them. The only flaw I found in this game is it's persistent framerate drops during cutscenes. (In other words, the animations lag a lot).
  45. Mar 4, 2013
    This is outstanding storytelling and character building on display and it carries the entire game. The Graphics are decent and have a nice style, but sadly the animation is terrible and the cut scenes are often choppy. Telltale has always been extremely bad at things that are as basic as lip sync and walking animations (the characters look like they are skating on ice and not natural) andThis is outstanding storytelling and character building on display and it carries the entire game. The Graphics are decent and have a nice style, but sadly the animation is terrible and the cut scenes are often choppy. Telltale has always been extremely bad at things that are as basic as lip sync and walking animations (the characters look like they are skating on ice and not natural) and it boggles my mind that they haven't upped their game by now. For a simple game of decision making and a few action sequences, you would think that they could at least have it run smoothly. The ONLY saving grace which makes this game incredible is the story and the voice acting which is so strong that it makes up for these shortfalls. Hopefully, Telltale will not lean on this crutch again though, because without it it is clear to see that they are way behind the times. This game was way better than their other games based on beloved franchises that they are cashing in on, but they need to realize that if they spent the extra effort to really optimize the experience they could not only create something memorable, but truly flawless. ---Sorry but there should NOT be objects that are clipping and disappearing during cut scenes and flickering textures. It is just lazy--- with all of that said though, the story is still very fun and keeps you wanting to play through the end. It is worth a play, just don't expect a polished all round experience. Expand
  46. Jan 20, 2013
    Well scripted, emotive and thoroughly enjoyable game. Loved the graphic novel style graphics and was very impressed with the voice acting of all the characters. The writers know how to surprise and you genuinely feel for the characters and care what decisions you make. You don't want to make a decision that affects the future plot but sometimes the game does not leave you a choice. TheWell scripted, emotive and thoroughly enjoyable game. Loved the graphic novel style graphics and was very impressed with the voice acting of all the characters. The writers know how to surprise and you genuinely feel for the characters and care what decisions you make. You don't want to make a decision that affects the future plot but sometimes the game does not leave you a choice. The game has a good pace and does not overload you with hectic or dull moments. My only criticism is that a few times the save time affects some of the more cinematic moments and made the first few seconds stutter a bit. But this is so easily overlooked. I liked the episodic style and next time on the walking dead parts, but I thought the gap between each chapter was a bit long in the release schedule. I would have preferred these to be a little shorter but I realise the studio had reasons. I hated the end of the game. Knowing that there was nothing left to play! However I wanted to go back and replay making different choices. I hope they make a sequel and also would love to see other games made in this way. Must Buy! Expand
  47. Aug 1, 2013
    I normally don't like this type of game but I liked it very much. Big fan of The Walking Dead series. This game was very fun, although I got stuck at times because I'm an idiot. lol
  48. Mar 27, 2013
    Not a fan of point-and-click style, but this game deserves to be applauded. The apocalypse theme once again is proved that it is not yet old-fashioned. The different choice throughout the game will keep you play, the impressive voice-acting is also a good factor. No real action can make this game boring somehow, but worth a try
  49. Jan 19, 2013
    Telltale Games have created a niche for themselves where their graphic adventure titles such as Sam and Max and Back to the Future. The Walking Dead Season 1 takes this formula to create an interactive movie. To be honest there is very little actual gameplay to be spoken of other than the odd simple puzzle to solve.

Fortunately however the creators have managed to create an engrossing

Fortunately however the creators have managed to create an engrossing tale full of interesting characters and, although your choices actually have very little on the overall plot, they do have an impact on the way the other characters think of you. As a result most gamers will quickly become invested in the events that transpire and with some truly unexpected twists and turns along the way most players will be compelled to see Season One right through to its conclusion.
  50. Oct 14, 2013
    This game series brings to light an old argument over what qualities of a game matter the most. Does gameplay make a videogame worth playing or does the story? With this divergent entry in the Walking Dead universe, Telltale presents us with compelling characters, difficult choices, and a path we help to create. They've placed all their eggs in the story basket. In doing so, the gameplayThis game series brings to light an old argument over what qualities of a game matter the most. Does gameplay make a videogame worth playing or does the story? With this divergent entry in the Walking Dead universe, Telltale presents us with compelling characters, difficult choices, and a path we help to create. They've placed all their eggs in the story basket. In doing so, the gameplay such as quicktime events and slow exploration is bland and not very entertaining. But the conversations, the choices, and the personalities keep you playing. You'll have a hard time putting your controller down because much like the television series, you won't be able to wait for what comes next. Telltale did the Walking Dead justice, but I do wish the game part of the game was better. Expand
  51. Dec 28, 2012
    You can't deny its emotional potency and engagement, but the illusion of choice seems to fall away as you realize you've been funneled through a tunnel. The story itself is worth the purchase, but its gameplay and "choose-your-own-adventure" mask really aren't that fantastic.
  52. Dec 28, 2012
    It's fun for at least one playthru. The story is great, and there are plenty of surprises. Characters come and go in dramatic fashion, and you never know who is "safe". It's a semi-throwback to the old Space Quest and Leisure Suit Larry style of play, with point and click puzzles and the occasional quicktime battle. Fun game!
  53. Dec 31, 2012
    The Walking Dead is a worthwhile game to play for any fan of the series. Each episode is about 1 hour long, so you should be able to beat the game in about 5 hours. The art style stands out and shows it is geared more towards the comic book rather than the TV show. If you are a fan of Telltales point and click adventures this game will suite you well. This is the most polished and bestThe Walking Dead is a worthwhile game to play for any fan of the series. Each episode is about 1 hour long, so you should be able to beat the game in about 5 hours. The art style stands out and shows it is geared more towards the comic book rather than the TV show. If you are a fan of Telltales point and click adventures this game will suite you well. This is the most polished and best Telltale games outside of the Lego realm. Expand
  54. Jan 31, 2013
    Not so much a game as it is an interactive TV show. However, that doesn't make it any less enjoyable than some of the more gameplay oriented AAA titles out there. The Walking Dead does something that many other games fail to do. Make me care. Not only do I feel some form of emotional attachment to many of the characters in this game, with Clementine getting the strongest focus of theNot so much a game as it is an interactive TV show. However, that doesn't make it any less enjoyable than some of the more gameplay oriented AAA titles out there. The Walking Dead does something that many other games fail to do. Make me care. Not only do I feel some form of emotional attachment to many of the characters in this game, with Clementine getting the strongest focus of the bunch, but I actually care what happens to them and give second-thoughts to my decisions. And this is coming from a guy that would typically get the worst endings in video games just because it was either easier or funny. I have to give credit to any writers that are capable of creating a video character that could bring out some level of genuine affection from players in this day and age. The story in this game is great, and lives up to the source comics grade of drama and horror. The voice acting is also worth some praise, for which I am thankful for as shoddy voice work could easily break a game like this as there won't be much else for the player to focus on. If you get the chance, by all means, play this game. Expand
  55. Dec 16, 2012
    Overall a pretty great game. I can say without refrain that this is immensely better than the show, as players are given the chance to craft Lee, and in turn Clementine, as you see fit. The unfortunate consequence of programming is that ultimately everything will lead to a point, so the choices you make will only tend to have immediate consequences, but it's still a joy to see them payOverall a pretty great game. I can say without refrain that this is immensely better than the show, as players are given the chance to craft Lee, and in turn Clementine, as you see fit. The unfortunate consequence of programming is that ultimately everything will lead to a point, so the choices you make will only tend to have immediate consequences, but it's still a joy to see them pay off. The story is one of the best gaming has to offer, as getting to know the characters is a truly enjoyable experience, and the best moments come from tense situations where Lee is forced to make a tough decision. The cel-shaded graphics are very impressive to look at, despite their constant hiccups when the action is high. It's convenient that you can pause at any point during the game; however, it's less convenient that cutscenes can not be skipped through during repeat playthroughs. The gameplay takes about half an hour to get used to, and by then you should be handling yourself fine, but ultimately you'll find yourself walking into walls in episodes 4 and 5. Given the fact that cutscenes cannot be skipped and each character's fate is always the same, I don't believe I'll be picking this game up again any time soon, but don't let that sway you from an initial playthrough. Experience the game at least once to get to know Clementine and Lee as they are the core of the narrative, and it's well worth the cheap price tag. Expand
  56. Dec 18, 2012
    Good story, but is much more of an interactive TV show than a game. No actual gameplay is involved. Just watch the show rather than wasting your money on this "game."
  57. May 2, 2014
    For a comic book I took control of it's pretty good. If considered a game... not as much. I really did enjoy the story, although I wish my actions had more effect on it in the long run. It really did bring out some genuine emotions in this here dad. For gameplay purposes an inverted camera option would've been helpful, but I won't bust it's balls too bad for it. Not sure how manyFor a comic book I took control of it's pretty good. If considered a game... not as much. I really did enjoy the story, although I wish my actions had more effect on it in the long run. It really did bring out some genuine emotions in this here dad. For gameplay purposes an inverted camera option would've been helpful, but I won't bust it's balls too bad for it. Not sure how many seasons this can hold my interest, though. A lot of slow walking back and forth that adds nothing but game length. Expand
  58. Jan 1, 2013
    I think most negative reviews on this game were coming from people who are used to INYOURFACEACTIONALLTHETIMEOHMYGOD type games. in my perspective, this game is a very genuine involved game, although you may not be killing zombies all the time, It's about the social perspective of the game, much more than the violence. A true gem in my opinion, the the gaming community needs a break fromI think most negative reviews on this game were coming from people who are used to INYOURFACEACTIONALLTHETIMEOHMYGOD type games. in my perspective, this game is a very genuine involved game, although you may not be killing zombies all the time, It's about the social perspective of the game, much more than the violence. A true gem in my opinion, the the gaming community needs a break from all the run and shoot prevalent in every game today. It keeps you clinging on every word, not many games can do that. Expand
  59. Jan 7, 2013
    The most buzzed about game of the year is a interesting game like no other with a greater focus on emotion, characters, and characters never seen in a game before. First off TWD is a absolute triumph in storytelling with characters you actually care about, a heart breaking story, and a character that you can shape morally whether that is being a horrible person, a saint, or a mixture ofThe most buzzed about game of the year is a interesting game like no other with a greater focus on emotion, characters, and characters never seen in a game before. First off TWD is a absolute triumph in storytelling with characters you actually care about, a heart breaking story, and a character that you can shape morally whether that is being a horrible person, a saint, or a mixture of both in this quest to survive. unfortunately what holds this game back from masterpiece status is lackluster unsatisfying gameplay and a entourage of bizarre glitches like clipping in foliage and getting stuck in walls. overall this is a game that advances the story telling in video games to a new standard. 8/10 Expand
  60. Jan 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Graphics: 7/10 Gameplay: 6/10 Voice Acting: 9/10 Story: 9/10 Enjoyment: 8/10 = 7.8 (Great)
    Game of the year? No. Top 10 game of the year for me. Although highly overrated this game is amazing. Clementine is just a lovable character and Lee is... Lee? I guess. That guy you just know what is going to happen to him as soon as you look at him. It's a horror game. Come on!
  61. May 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game has its moment. I never liked children, but this game made me care about Clementine so much, she is the sunshine. Every time I had to make a decision, I will think about what is good for Clementine first. The story writing (in the video game) is phenomenal, and since I stopped believing choice matters in a video game after ME3, I had no compliant about the choices/how it affect the ending in this game. No complaint, however, since this game based on choices which doesn't really matter at all, the game has no reply value for me. But one good play-through is enough for me to recommend this game to everyone. I think I started to love this game in episode two, that human-flesh eating scene is totally surprising and shocking. The last decision you had to make, (either make Clem to kill or not) is the toughest one, and the only one I became so selfish and think about 'me' first. Well, I should let Clem save that one bullet for later, it might save her life. Expand
  62. Jul 18, 2013
    As a fan of The Walking Dead', I purchased this game hoping it would have the same quality, emotion and drama as the television show/comic books, and I was not disappointed at all. The game centers around the protagonist Lee Everett. The art, voice acting, character development, decision trees and environments were fantastic. The only negative was the delay between episodes. Each one isAs a fan of The Walking Dead', I purchased this game hoping it would have the same quality, emotion and drama as the television show/comic books, and I was not disappointed at all. The game centers around the protagonist Lee Everett. The art, voice acting, character development, decision trees and environments were fantastic. The only negative was the delay between episodes. Each one is fairly short and you easily lose any momentum in the significant wait. If you are a fan of TWD, this game is a must. Expand
  63. Aug 11, 2013
    this point and click style game masters deep and engaging story lines and creates characters you can understand. A narrative masterpiece, also the graphics are unique and creative modeled after the style of the comic, the actual gameplay is solid but not spectacular, you solve puzzles mostly and sometimes get into generic combat sequences. But, overall great narrative and atmosphere!
  64. Apr 16, 2014
    Es un gran juego, es algo estresante, pero lo disfrute mucho por su trama y ambientación, eso si podría haber sido mas modificable la historia y la mecánica del juego algo mas equilibrada.
  65. Feb 17, 2014
    Buying the full series is like buying a bottle of your own tears

Its sad,dark at times, and overall a great game for gamers who love a good tale, and love excellent character development.
  66. Apr 30, 2014
    The Walking Dead game is a great example to all gamers on how to make your choices matter in a game. What makes this game great is the characters, the story, the setting, and the experience overall.
    You play as a guy named Lee, a convicted criminal during the zombie outbreak. He comes across a little girl named Clementine who he feels obligated to protect. I really liked seeing my choices in the game make an impact to the story overall. I thought the setting really helped the story. My favorite part of the game is the characters you meet; you really feel like anyone can die at any moment and also the acting is really good. For example when Lee first kills a zombie he reacts with an expression of “ What happened to this person?” and he expresses a real state of shock. Clementine is also portrayed as a real character as she tries to be brave but she is still only a little girl.
    The experience I had with this game is different than most others because there is not much game play, its all really a point and click game. The timed decisions mechanic is great; you sometimes only have a few seconds to make a decision which really adds to the tension and panic of the situation. The game is broken down into five episodes, each are about less than two hours. If you are a fan of the walking dead show then I highly recommend buying this game as its the best point and click game I have ever played.
  67. Oct 11, 2014
    I bought the first and second seasons on the Xbox live market place when they first came out. I didn't have the money to continue purchasing the next ones so I watched youtubers play them. I like idea and custom stories. This isn't the reall dead walking story for anyone asking but I find it better.
  68. Jan 5, 2013
    I played like 10 minutes of the first episode BECAUSE IT WAS FREE. Please if you are going to give the game a 95/100 at least make an Xbox live arcade rating. Miniseries in video game format, spread over a year? Not fun. Not my type of **** This game is proof you can take ANYTHING with huge popularity and sell it off to a bunch of diehards for huge profit.
  69. Mar 7, 2014
    This game IS overrated but it's still a solid game. The most overrated aspect of the game is the story. While it serves it's purpose to drive the game and the player forward, there was nothing outstanding about it. There was no character in the game that matched the level of Rick or Daryl from the show. However, it was nice that it felt like no character was 'safe' from death, as thatThis game IS overrated but it's still a solid game. The most overrated aspect of the game is the story. While it serves it's purpose to drive the game and the player forward, there was nothing outstanding about it. There was no character in the game that matched the level of Rick or Daryl from the show. However, it was nice that it felt like no character was 'safe' from death, as that added some suspense. The art style is good enough, but the performance leaves a lot to be desired. A game like this simply should NOT have screen tearing and problems keeping a solid, non-stuttering frame-rate. All of that being said, the game is still a high-end of average experience and is worth a playthrough if you're a fan of the comics/show/genre. Just be aware that it plays like a highly interactive, choose-your-path, storybook. 7/10 Expand
  70. Feb 6, 2013
    As enamored as people are with the characters and the story of this series, they continually overlook one thing: there is NOT ENOUGH GAMEPLAY. It can barely be called as a game, more an interactive motion comic. As stellar as the storytelling is, it is dragged down by poor gameplay, which at it's worse becomes a series of quick time events. You will be spending 75% of your time watchingAs enamored as people are with the characters and the story of this series, they continually overlook one thing: there is NOT ENOUGH GAMEPLAY. It can barely be called as a game, more an interactive motion comic. As stellar as the storytelling is, it is dragged down by poor gameplay, which at it's worse becomes a series of quick time events. You will be spending 75% of your time watching cutscenes. If that's your thing, then more power to you. Me, I'd rather be playing a game. The choices you make don't seem to meaningfully impact the story either. It will still continue down the same linear storyline no matter what choice you make, albeit with some minor tonal changes. Other aspects are lackluster as well; you can tell the team was working on a budget, as a lot of the animations and artwork aren't as polished as they could be. So on those merits, I give this a solid 7. A good outing by Telltale, but there is a lot of room for improvement. I think people have been so starved of good storytelling in games recently, that they jumped all over this and proclaimed it GOTY. Once the dust settles I think we will be able to view what this is with more objective eyes. Expand
  71. Jan 2, 2013
    I love the TV series, so while we're waiting for the second half of season 3, I wanted to give this game a try. At first I was excited and really enjoyed the story telling. I finished the game and I had a feeling like I've watched a good side story to the TV series. If I stopped there, the game would be probably a 9/10 for the story and graphics alone. But I wanted to try the game again,I love the TV series, so while we're waiting for the second half of season 3, I wanted to give this game a try. At first I was excited and really enjoyed the story telling. I finished the game and I had a feeling like I've watched a good side story to the TV series. If I stopped there, the game would be probably a 9/10 for the story and graphics alone. But I wanted to try the game again, differently. After all, the developers advertise that your decisions make difference and I know I made some bad decisions in the first playthrough. Well, as it turns out, your decisions make almost no difference in the story. You can't even decide who you want to save and who you want to let die, because if you don't save "the right" person, someone else will. The only difference is that different people will be pissed at you. False advertising and no replayability force me to reduce the final score. Still a good story telling adventure for cheap price. Expand
  72. Jan 7, 2013
    Semi decent enough game the decisions you make ultimately dont make any impact the game itself Which hurts the score i will give it. Overall a good adventure game
  73. Jan 14, 2013
    I never read the comic and quit watching the show after that nonsensical arm hacksawing three episodes in, so maybe I've missed out on something, but for all of the hype surrounding this game, I only felt that the story was "good"--perhaps even "very good," in spite of its predictability, due to its execution. However, the lauded "choices" do not greatly alter the game's course, and, inI never read the comic and quit watching the show after that nonsensical arm hacksawing three episodes in, so maybe I've missed out on something, but for all of the hype surrounding this game, I only felt that the story was "good"--perhaps even "very good," in spite of its predictability, due to its execution. However, the lauded "choices" do not greatly alter the game's course, and, in fact, increase the formula-dependency of the story arcs, which, combined with an overabundance of foreshadowing, renders most major events entirely predictable, and routinely left me wondering how any of the characters couldn't see everything coming. Even so, the story is definitely something the game has going for it.

However, almost all of the characters are intolerable. You will encounter entirely too many people who simply will not be reasonable, and it is infuriatingly unrealistic. I found myself anticipating each character's inevitable demise, and, in fact, was perturbed by only two characters' deaths, both of which I fully expected. Characters will routinely ask for your advice and then completely ignore it, and they will talk about how much work they do, but never do it. The game basically boils down to you doing all of the hard stuff while everyone else complains about it.

But the hard stuff isn't even all that hard. I realize that Telltale didn't want the adventure game mechanics to detract from the story's pacing, but the puzzles are entirely too easy. Yet, they still exist, so if you wanted to play through the game a second or third time, I imagine you would feel like you were wasting time on the same silly puzzles when there's different conversations to be had. Some of the puzzles are so simple, the dialog actually pokes fun at them, which was humorous, but also begged the question "why include it?" So in the end, I felt that these mechanics still removed from the experience.

This is definitely one of Telltale's best offerings, but It mostly left me feeling like they could have done better. I encountered several bugs, and one saved game reset, but fortunately I backed each save up before starting the next episode. I only played it through once, and it was clear to me where the various other decisions would line up or balance out, which, coupled with the host of wholly unlikeable characters, ultimately killed my desire to replay the game.

Now, to be fair, this is mostly just my dissenting opinion on the game; it has received so much praise that I feel it needs to be grounded a bit. It is not a phenomenal game, but it was a very enjoyable experience, and I still recommend it.
  74. Jan 16, 2013
    It's not a 'game' in the strictest sense of the word. I know, I know, it's supposed to be a point-and-click adventure, but to me a point-and-click is supposed to have all sorts of **** puzzles; the "puzzles" in The Walking Dead mostly consist of clicking on stuff until something happens. That being said the game offers an unparalleled (for me at least) emotional experience, and it's theIt's not a 'game' in the strictest sense of the word. I know, I know, it's supposed to be a point-and-click adventure, but to me a point-and-click is supposed to have all sorts of **** puzzles; the "puzzles" in The Walking Dead mostly consist of clicking on stuff until something happens. That being said the game offers an unparalleled (for me at least) emotional experience, and it's the kind of game I think everybody should play through once. Expand
  75. Jan 19, 2013
    Now, I really like The Walking Dead as a series, the show, the comic, and now the game. I started the playing the game with low hopes, but it surprised me. It was fun, got dark later on, and had a nicely crafted plot. BUT, I also had a few issues with it. While everyone says the game is completely altered by your decisions, a lot of you decisions end up not mattering within a short amountNow, I really like The Walking Dead as a series, the show, the comic, and now the game. I started the playing the game with low hopes, but it surprised me. It was fun, got dark later on, and had a nicely crafted plot. BUT, I also had a few issues with it. While everyone says the game is completely altered by your decisions, a lot of you decisions end up not mattering within a short amount of time. And while decisions are fun, I would like them to have more of an effect later. Also, I have had various glitches for it on my PC, and I've heard many complaints about texture pop ins and freezes. Overall though, I feel this is a good game, has it's flaws, but should be played by any fan of The Walking Dead. Expand
  76. Jun 3, 2013
    Wildly overrated as it may be, The Walking Dead is a fun, innovative game full of choices and consequences. You have to make decisions and live by them, which is unsettling and memorable. Its episodic design is unique and overall, it’s a game series worth playing.

But I definitely have my gripes with it, starting with the completely unnecessary language. There were so many forced F-bombs that it was distracting and unrealistic. Yeah, people cuss, but you don’t need to shove it in our face to be “edgy.” And you have a hillbilly guy who says he’s “a Christian man” after using the foulest language of the bunch. Ridiculous.

Anyway, I also thought the writing and performance for Clementine was insanely overhyped. I could have written more realistic dialogue and her voice sounded like an adult trying to sound like a child. But the other voice acting was great and overall, the series merits a playthrough.
  77. Jun 19, 2013
    The Walking Dead provides an interactive, heart-braking experience as you go through Lee Everett's survival tale. You meet and lose characters along the way, and just ad you start to like me they areCon ripped apart by the hands of the living dead. Intense, right?

The story is thoughtful and saddening. It was addicting and kept the "Oh, there's a new part, I have to play it now!" feel. The graphics were made so that the game moved and felt like a living comic of the Walking Dead. Gameplay was decent, as it was mostly about choices and desicions than the typical search-and-click kind of game.

Admit it though, one key factor made me disappointed. There's no replay value.

Overall 7

Story 10
    Replay Value 2
    Character Development 10
    Graphics 8
    Soundtrack 7
  78. Jun 16, 2013
    This is a game for people who like to make choices and become attached to characters surrounded by a well told story. However, people who are looking for amazing visuals and the classic modern art style will surely be disappointed.

I found this game to really attach me to the characters well early on, but as the game continued i became almost bored of it, and I continued to throw it under the table and avoid it until I beat it last week. The ending was satisfying and anyone looking for a story to follow should give at least the first chapter a try..
  79. Jan 17, 2014
    The Walking Dead By Telltale Games Is least enjoyable for me i did not enjoy this game that much the gameplay is one things that was good however the way you play is very confuse i was at were you have find the health aid kt to a guy and i was just so confuse i dont know were it was or is but im not going enjoy playing this game in the future
  80. Jan 21, 2015
    This game is fun in all, but needs plenty of work

PROS
    -Great story
    -nice graphics

CONS
    -boring gameplay

Worth buying the first episode, but not the rest.
  81. Dec 26, 2012
    Save your money. You'll get the same experience watching each episode on YouTube. The decisions you make do not actually affect the storyline and without any gameplay actions beside point and click there's nothing left thats good in this game besides the story.
  82. Jan 10, 2013
    First i wanna say the game is good as far as story , however as everyone else already said the choices you make dont effect anything at all in the end except a few characters may not be with you, but there disposable characters and just added in for a filler. Overall there is little to do , levels are very very linear no exploring at all, and thats very disappointing. this could haveFirst i wanna say the game is good as far as story , however as everyone else already said the choices you make dont effect anything at all in the end except a few characters may not be with you, but there disposable characters and just added in for a filler. Overall there is little to do , levels are very very linear no exploring at all, and thats very disappointing. this could have been so much better, and for those inverted players out there forget it u cant change controls.... wow how did this get game of the year Expand
  83. Apr 24, 2013
    Everywhere I look I see a fantastic review for this game, and yeah, the game is good. But was it excellent no? I don't understand why no looks at the gameplay aspect of this game. I mean, yeah, I understand it's a point and click adventure and I didn't go into this game thinking it would be a zombie killing festival, however, I want more out of a game then walk around and pick up stuff.TheEverywhere I look I see a fantastic review for this game, and yeah, the game is good. But was it excellent no? I don't understand why no looks at the gameplay aspect of this game. I mean, yeah, I understand it's a point and click adventure and I didn't go into this game thinking it would be a zombie killing festival, however, I want more out of a game then walk around and pick up stuff.The story was fantastic, I won't deny that. But, also, I found the game to have many technical issues, for example, in action packed moments, the game seemed very rough. So here's my opinion: Story 10/10. Gameplay 3/10. Replay Value 5/10. Level of Fun 5/10. Performance 5/10/ Expand
  84. Feb 24, 2014
    This game would have gotten a ten from me. It has an epic story, I love the decision making, it is a very unique game. There are a lot of reviews so I'm sure you know all the good. The reason I gave this game a 6 is cuz of the insane amount of annoying glitches. I still haven't even beat the game because it loves to start me over from the beginning. This is my second copy of the game andThis game would have gotten a ten from me. It has an epic story, I love the decision making, it is a very unique game. There are a lot of reviews so I'm sure you know all the good. The reason I gave this game a 6 is cuz of the insane amount of annoying glitches. I still haven't even beat the game because it loves to start me over from the beginning. This is my second copy of the game and the same problems keep happening . If telltale can fix this, then this game would be one of my top all time games. But until then , this game is annoying as hell and can really piss me off !!! F*** glitches !! Gamers beware Expand
  85. Dec 24, 2012
    This game is being overhyped for it's engrossing story, which supposedly features choices and consequences that allow you to tailor the story in your own unique way. The problem that many reviews neglect to mention is that these "choices" are not choices. What exists is merely the illusion of choice. Around 5 times each episode, you will be confronted with a "tough decision" that willThis game is being overhyped for it's engrossing story, which supposedly features choices and consequences that allow you to tailor the story in your own unique way. The problem that many reviews neglect to mention is that these "choices" are not choices. What exists is merely the illusion of choice. Around 5 times each episode, you will be confronted with a "tough decision" that will supposedly shape the story depending on what you do. The only "consequences" that actually occur are some altered dialogue between characters that reflect your choice. In this way, you are not really affecting the story, but merely the attitude of characters in the story towards you, the player. Basically, some characters will either love you or hate you. There's really no middle ground, as each character will treat you in a very black and white way (no grey area). That is all your "choices" really affect.

An example of the illusion of choice in action: An early choice in episode 1 features a choice between saving a man caught under a piece of farm equipment and a child. Both are being attacked by zombies and you can only save one. Choose carefully... Yeah right. No matter who you "choose" to save, the same event happens - the man dies, the boy will be taken to safety by his father. The "consequence" of this "choice" of one life over the other is not the life and death of a character, but merely if the child's father will treat you nicely due to you saving his boy. So tell me, why did I even have to make a "choice" of who to save if the game already predetermined who would live? Every single choice in this game series is of this nature. Thus, choices do not matter. I repeat for emphasis CHOICES DO NOT MATTER. Naysayers will say that it's about the story and the characters that you shape, but the simple truth is that the story is not shaped by you in anyway. It is being told to you and you merely decide how each character talks to you. The same events happen, but the details of dialogue change. Is that real player choice? It's not. Nevertheless, the story is at least entertaining, if cliche. I recommend watching a playthough on youtube, as you will get the same experience as those who purchased this game. No need to waste money on a game with shallow gameplay elements.
  86. Aug 12, 2013
    If you enjoy the 'everyone dies and the world is terrible' zombie cliche then you will enjoy the walking dead.

Otherwise skip it. There were many instances that felt contrived, For instance the second episode has a end you can see from a mile away and is frustratingly slow and painful since you can do literally nothing to stop it. These types of games try to show the 'realistic'

Otherwise skip it.

There were many instances that felt contrived, For instance the second episode has a end you can see from a mile away and is frustratingly slow and painful since you can do literally nothing to stop it. These types of games try to show the 'realistic' man-kills-man world and just ends up failing to truly leave a lasting impact.

Gameplay wise I enjoyed the style of play, but was frustrated by the inconsistency of the gun mechanics the few necessary times it must be used..
  87. Mar 11, 2013
    As a game it really is weak. It gives you the illusion of choice, but in reality it more or less always ends up in the same place and the story's conclusion really does leave you wondering what was the point of all the decisions. As a story, it is very good and delivers a great narrative (even though there are a few small inconsistencies.) Visually it is very pretty but tends to focus moreAs a game it really is weak. It gives you the illusion of choice, but in reality it more or less always ends up in the same place and the story's conclusion really does leave you wondering what was the point of all the decisions. As a story, it is very good and delivers a great narrative (even though there are a few small inconsistencies.) Visually it is very pretty but tends to focus more on the the character animation than than anything else. Characters are very well thought out, but ultimately the game leaves you wondering why did they bother building most of them up. I will give it credit for having some really shock worthy moments and some really unexpected twists. But once you've seen them once, the novelty has worn off. Overall: This isn't really a game but rather an interactive story. Choice in this game is an illusion, but one good enough to keep you going until the end. I recommend getting this, but rather treat it as a spin-off show than an actual game. Expand
  88. Jan 5, 2013
    I was not going to write a review for his game at first because frankly i didn't want to create an account to do so. So i made an account to write this review. First off this game is way overrated.I am not saying it isn't a good game but it is not wha it is made out to be. I have run into so many glitches playing this it isn't funny (characters repeating the same word 2 times, ch.3 andI was not going to write a review for his game at first because frankly i didn't want to create an account to do so. So i made an account to write this review. First off this game is way overrated.I am not saying it isn't a good game but it is not wha it is made out to be. I have run into so many glitches playing this it isn't funny (characters repeating the same word 2 times, ch.3 and ch.4 loading as chapter 1). that is my main problem with the game. i started ch 3 but it loaded as ch 1 so i didn't play for awhile and was gunna write a review based on that but didn't (refer to opening statement). I went and looked it up online and a lot of people were having this same problem so i let it go. But i was halfway through ch 4 and i had to go to my gfs house so i made sure i got to a save point and turned it off after it saved and as i just got home i went to finish the chapter but it loaded as ch. 1. that was the last straw and is why i made an account to write this. the games mechanical structure is also not very well thought out. It makes you use the righ stick at points where lee is running and you have to control the aimer and hit the A button at the same time which is a lot of trouble and causes you to fail and die. It does have a good story but thats it. It should not have gotten so muc praise from people. way overrated imo. I picked all of the episodes p for 800 points and hoestly i wis i didn't. Expand
  89. Jan 24, 2013
    There are three points that could give this game a good rating, there they are: 1) Limited time for an answer. Which is novel for such games, 2) Plot. Which is very simple actually, but it could buy your attention. 3) Nothing to compare in 2012. Good quests are so rare to see nowadays and the Telltale is only company that supports this genre. Summing it up, The game of the year ? NO! TheThere are three points that could give this game a good rating, there they are: 1) Limited time for an answer. Which is novel for such games, 2) Plot. Which is very simple actually, but it could buy your attention. 3) Nothing to compare in 2012. Good quests are so rare to see nowadays and the Telltale is only company that supports this genre. Summing it up, The game of the year ? NO! The game that you should play at least once? Maybe, if you are hungry for quests. Expand
  90. Jan 25, 2013
    The Walking Dead is a game based on the comics and television show of the same name, made by Telltale Games who is known for making point and click games. The story of The Walking Dead is gripping. You want to follow Lee and Clementine through their survival in the breakout if a zombie apocalypse. However the gameplay is not so much the same as the storytelling. After all, it is a pointThe Walking Dead is a game based on the comics and television show of the same name, made by Telltale Games who is known for making point and click games. The story of The Walking Dead is gripping. You want to follow Lee and Clementine through their survival in the breakout if a zombie apocalypse. However the gameplay is not so much the same as the storytelling. After all, it is a point and click game. This game is being overhyped and overrated by it's "flawless story" and "choosing your own story and teammates" but I have to point out that it doesn't matter what who you save or do in the story the outcome is still the same. And the story isn't flawless, it's not the best thing ever. I have played games with better storylines. This game is an interactive story. Expand
  91. Feb 18, 2013
    This game is extremely over-rated. Now don't get me wrong,I'm not one of those people that say this can't be called a "game", but it certainly stretches the definition of "game". The story is pretty good and does draw you fairly well, but it is no where near as good as people are giving it credit for. I suppose the current popularity of the tv show has people more excited for this gameThis game is extremely over-rated. Now don't get me wrong,I'm not one of those people that say this can't be called a "game", but it certainly stretches the definition of "game". The story is pretty good and does draw you fairly well, but it is no where near as good as people are giving it credit for. I suppose the current popularity of the tv show has people more excited for this game than they should be. All things considered,it's not that bad of a game and it is worth a play through.

My biggest issue with all these reviews I've read is the reviewers giving the game far,far too much credit for the "choices" you make in the game. This whole idea that you can somehow customize your game based on choices is asinine. The choices you are given have no major impact on the game. All you will get are different dialogue from certain people. Either player "A" will like/dislike you and player "B" will do the opposite. It is very clear that you are being told a story, not "creating" one. How this game won game of the year is beyond me. Its not a bad experience by any means, but the truth is you can get the same "experience" by watching a play through on youtube.
  92. Mar 14, 2013
    Zombies, one of the best ideas for video games, the one thing that can make boring, repetitive, shooters extremely addicting. Choice and communication, this can be done extremely well like in skyrim or oblivion.
    This game not only focuses on reality in a zombie apocalypse, it tries, so so hard to appeal to everyone, telltale isn't bad at this style of communication, the back to the future games were excellent. But not only does the game not focus on zombies, it doesn't even have combat, let me reiterate, point the cursor at something and click three times is not combat, telltale tried to tell a dramatic story with interesting characters, which they did not fail at. The relationship between clem and lee is very tragic and touching in the final parts. The ending is extremely sad and powerful, but that's not enough in a game about survivors in a zombie apocalypse
  93. Feb 22, 2014
    I can't understand for the life of me why this game is recieving so much praise. I feel it is a good game. Nothing more, nothing less. The "surprise" plot twists I could see coming from a mile away practically everytime. The voice acting for Clementine is so over-the-top "I'm an innocent little girl feel bad for me" that I generally dislike her by the end of the game.

Despite the

Despite the excessive amount of deaths to unrealistically bad/good characters (there is no in between), only two really effected me in the whole game. And I could tell they were coming, and Clementine almost killed them with her cheesyness. I ended up laughing at a death scene, because Clems crying was so badly voice acted it was hilarious.

Still, I enjoyed this game, but it needs to be grounded as no better than slightly above average.
  94. Mar 6, 2014
    walking dead video game is brilliant expect the fact where the challenges are hard also getting the weapons . but this is a great game and i love the zombies and the gore
  95. Nov 10, 2013
    The Walking Dead is a point and click adventure game created by Telltale Games. I've tested the game on PC, and the compelling story, along with visuals reminiscent of the comics and really interesting characters made it one of the best games of 2012, with some glitches that weren't game-breaking, but a little annoying. The on-disc console version, however, not only ramps up the amount ofThe Walking Dead is a point and click adventure game created by Telltale Games. I've tested the game on PC, and the compelling story, along with visuals reminiscent of the comics and really interesting characters made it one of the best games of 2012, with some glitches that weren't game-breaking, but a little annoying. The on-disc console version, however, not only ramps up the amount of glitches in the game, but also lags pretty much constantly. In a game like this where quick-time events can appear from nowhere, this is a flaw that can bring the entire game down.
    The story is still one of the best in the "The Walking Dead" franchise and probably of all video games, while the main characters are the best duo. However, the core gameplay is near unplayable because of one horrendously major flaw: lag.
    You see, in The Walking Dead, most of the game is spent in three sections: "pointing and clicking", quick-time events, and dialogue choices. The thing is that, the two latter are almost impossible to win unless you already played them and know which button you must press. The first part is the only one that can be played normally, but even then, it's the one the game least focuses about.
    In the end, it's a shame that The Walking Dead turned out to be a horrendous port. A compilation of the five episodes would have easily got a 9 or a 10, but when more than half of the game is full of glitches, it's a wonder if Telltale tested this release. This could be a 1 point game, but the story it's still the best in gaming. Also, certain episodes hold better than others (Both episode 2 and 5 ran without any major problems, with some hicc-ups. It helped that these). With a GotY edition and the second season right around the corner and Telltale saying that the latter will be a lot less buggier, luckily we'll have a new on-disc release of these wonderful games that isn't as buggy. Don't buy this version at all. Obtain any other version.
  96. Jul 3, 2013
    This isn't really a game, it's a combination of a TV show, Where's Waldo, and quicktime events.

The game engine itself is terrible on the the 360. There's no way to save other than playing to a random checkpoint, you can't invert the right analog stick, and worst of all a lot of times you have to aim with the right stick and then immediately press either A,B,X or Y. Very difficult to do if you only have one thumb on your right hand.
  97. Dec 31, 2012
    No inverted Y-Axis - Play the Trial/Demo before buying

No inverted Y-Axis - Play the Trial/Demo before buying

This is more of a warning than a review, but I think people need to be aware of this. There is no option to invert the Y-axis of your reticule/pointer control, which makes it really hard for people used to an inverted Y-axis (camera stick pushed up -> you look down) to enjoy the game. Furthermore, Telltale has declared repeatedly that they have no intention of adding in the option via patch/Title Update, despite a considerably campaign on their forums that started on release day and is still going strong. I was looking forward to the game, since I was a fan of the comic for quite some time. I enjoyed Telltale's other games on the PC, but my PC has gotten old. Ready to buy the game on release day, I still tried the Trial Version first - and was mighty glad I did. No inverted Y-Axis for the "aiming" makes games pretty much unplayable for me. Call it muscle memory, or a trained reflex, or simply the accumulated force of neurons and axons that have been used in this specific way for decades. While this handicap might not be as bad in a point&click adventure like this, there are still action sequences that require you to aim or quickly point at something, and it it's incredibly annoying to feel like someone reversed the controller in your hand.

Some people are obviously not affected ,some people might not mind, others might be able to "re-train" themselves just for this game, but I refuse to do so, for the simple reason that there is no valid argument whatsoever for a game these days not to have this option. Telltale's outright refusal to integrate it only adds insult to injury. It's something incredibly simple to do, something that can in no way whatsoever adversely affect the game for anyone, yet Telltale does not seem to care. And as such, I see no reason to buy their game, no matter how much I would've enjoyed it.
  98. Apr 26, 2013
    Déception totale, jeu annoncé avec les actions du joueur pouvant influencer l'histoire et la suite du jeu....Faux 200%, les choix sont DEJA décidés. Déroulement non logique, peu de liberté au joueur, inter-action limitée avec les PNP et les objets. Avec tout le matériel, la nourriture et toutes les armes en quantité pléthorique dans les magasins et super-marchés aux USA (où est censé seDéception totale, jeu annoncé avec les actions du joueur pouvant influencer l'histoire et la suite du jeu....Faux 200%, les choix sont DEJA décidés. Déroulement non logique, peu de liberté au joueur, inter-action limitée avec les PNP et les objets. Avec tout le matériel, la nourriture et toutes les armes en quantité pléthorique dans les magasins et super-marchés aux USA (où est censé se dérouler l'histoire), il est impossible de croire que le au joueur ne puisse s'armer, se nourrir ou faire démarrer un véhicule: NON SENS dans ce pays. L'épisode du cannibalisme est le plus stupide que j'ai jamais vu, seulement développé pour choquer. Je regrette vraiement cet investissement. Expand
  99. Dec 12, 2012
    The most overrated game I have seen In my life, tell me what is the most important thing in a videogame, yeah the story is very important and this game has a good one but the story is not the most important thing is the gameplay wich this game has not, the "gameplay" if i can call it that is a bunch of QTE and interactive cutscenes and point and click stuff and like I said the story isThe most overrated game I have seen In my life, tell me what is the most important thing in a videogame, yeah the story is very important and this game has a good one but the story is not the most important thing is the gameplay wich this game has not, the "gameplay" if i can call it that is a bunch of QTE and interactive cutscenes and point and click stuff and like I said the story is really good but the gameplay kills it you just move your cursor and watch things happen. Expand
  100. Mar 9, 2013
    You can get a pretty good idea of whether or not you'll like this game before you play it as long as you know where the focus of its design was and what generalities of game elements you like/don't like. Do you generally like zombie movies, even the bad ones, even the ones that have VERY little focus on zombies? Do you like the attempt of a unique art style more than the success of itsYou can get a pretty good idea of whether or not you'll like this game before you play it as long as you know where the focus of its design was and what generalities of game elements you like/don't like. Do you generally like zombie movies, even the bad ones, even the ones that have VERY little focus on zombies? Do you like the attempt of a unique art style more than the success of its execution? Do you like the illusion of choice in games? Can you tolerate an extended quick-time event trying to pass for a game? I didn't care for this game at all, but will give it credit for trying. The engine feels underpowered, constantly loading between rooms, micro freezing (1/8th second delay) between camera angle switches, clunky body animation (almost all the focus was on the faces). The game warns you that the choices you make will affect the outcome of the game. What they don't tell you is that the choices you make won't have logical consequences and frequently the reactions of other characters won't make any sense. The character writing is idiotic. There are a million things wrong with the storytelling i.e. people yelling don't get noticed by zombies, girl locks herself in a motel room by nailing a board to the OUTSIDE of the door when she's locked inside, characters react before events happen. The slop gets tiring. Most of the action is nothing more than repeating an attack 3 times. Boring. The credit I give this game is for trying to transcend gaming, horror, and storytelling. It would have been amazing had it been successful. It just wasn't. Expand

1. Jan 29, 2013
    This series offered some of the most memorable hours we spent holding a gamepad during 2012. [Feb 2013, p.102]
  2. Jan 29, 2013
    A masterclass in how to tell stories in games. [Issue#94, p.80]
  3. Jan 7, 2013
    Engaging, dramatic, touching: The Walking Dead is one of this year's masterpieces. Absolutely a must-have.