8.5

1. Jun 18, 2016
    I have a little personal history with this game, this game launched in 2012, and in this my foster father died, and on this game you deal with loss of people that you love and care, and that final episode with Lee... i love this game SO MUCH.
  2. Jun 7, 2016
    This is a really great game, but the Xbox 360 port is really bad, with huge FPS drops that make it almost unplayable. Worst part is that developer Telltale Games ignored all complaints about the FPS giant problems.
  3. May 21, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. O desenrolar da trama é boa, mas o sistema de escolhas é completamente precário. Você pode mudar o seu relacionamento com os demais personagens, mas no final das contas tudo termina exatamente do mesmo jeito. Se vc salva alguém ele simplesmente irá morrer depois como se estivesse destinado a isso. Para um game onde você passa a vida toda escolhendo, esperava pelo menos uns dois finais. Dizer que que isso não houve por causa de uma sequência é sem fundamento, pois é um jogo claramente que não custa muito caro e nem demandaria muito tempo para produzir duas linhas alternativas de história Expand
  4. Apr 21, 2016
    my favorite game of all time for this rasons: one of the best stories on the videogame history, one of the best quality characters on the videogame history, one of the best decisions sistem on the videogame history and more and more and more. i can talk for hours of this art work
  5. Apr 2, 2016
    I would hesitate to call this a game at all. it's more of an interactive electronic graphic novel. By graphic novel, I mean adult-audience focused comic book. If you want to watch a poorly drawn cartoon with QTEs (Quick Time Events- A sequence in which you have to quickly press the same button as is displayed on screen.) and occasional cursor clicks, then this is for you.

If You are

If You are looking for a Video Game, and by video game, I mean a real game with levels in which you would need to pilot a character to some destination whilst defeating bad guys and solving puzzles, then this is not for you at all. If you are a fan of the series and are looking for more story, this game might be for you, it depends on if you can stomach poor writing because you can't swing a dead cat in this game without hitting some terrible writing.
  6. Jan 29, 2016
    Telltales' The Walking Dead is one of the best games of our generation. Real consequences for your actions, gripping story, amazing character development, and that ending made me want to cry, if you've already bought the terrible Survival Instinct, use it a a drink coaster while you play this masterpiece. This game makes me even more exited for The Wolf Among Us. Buy this game.
  7. Jan 14, 2016
    Lack of good moral choice thrown throughout the game-play, never truly merging the ability to hurt with the ability to save/spare. Regardless of this major flaw, not allowing you to express your playable character enough, the game is emotional, compelling, strong, and overall worth your time and money.

It does the zombie apocalypse well.
  8. Jan 3, 2016
    After 'Sniper' it is the second game I've smashed and sent to the rubbish bin where the producers deserve to be. It's an insult to gaming intelligence and should be subject to government reviews before being put on the shelves. I wonder sometimes if the top reviews of crap like this are employees of the producers./
  9. Nov 7, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is quite possibly new ofthe best games I have ever played! It is full of intense, dramatic and suspenseful moments. The gameplay consists of mostly point and click exploration with occasional QTE combat. I genuinely was attached to nearly every character I came across, and truly felt like they were real people, as opposed to basic video game characters. The ending, which I will not spoil, had me in tears at the end. The Walking Dead by TellTale is a true masterpiece and will stand for decades as one of humanities greatest achievements. Expand
  10. Nov 7, 2015
    This game is how to make a television tie in. It expertly crafts the indie game genre into action and adventure. Please trust me that this game is a great buy , considering at the current point it is free on XBOX ONE , it is a bargain any day of the week. Personally , i think the camera angle could have done with a little bit of work and the voice acting could have been slightly better.This game is how to make a television tie in. It expertly crafts the indie game genre into action and adventure. Please trust me that this game is a great buy , considering at the current point it is free on XBOX ONE , it is a bargain any day of the week. Personally , i think the camera angle could have done with a little bit of work and the voice acting could have been slightly better. Overall though , this could stay in our minds for a while yet and I am really looking forward to play the second season.

My score: 90/100
  11. Nov 6, 2015
    The only reason I'm giving TWD:S1 a 9/10 is for the severe hitching/lagging I experienced when attempting to play this game on Xbox 360. I had to buy another hard drive to make it playable, and even then, experienced occasional hitching during the cut scenes, which was annoying.

That rant said, the game is otherwise spectacular. I want to follow that by saying if you get bored easily, or need constant action or explosions, this is not the game for you. There is considerable down time. But if you're like me and are more interested in character development and the psychological aspects of stories, you should be completely satisfied with the gameplay. And I actually love the comic book feel; in a world where nearly every game strives for hyper-realism (and rarely succeeds), it's refreshing to play a game that has its own unique look and feel, and obviously sticks to the TWD universe roots.

Overall, it's an incredible game. Relatively quick to finish, mostly because it's near impossible to stop playing-- with a fun bonus at the end.
  12. Oct 24, 2015
    Telltale has done an amazing job on this game. It takes the popular Walking Dead universe of the comics and gives gamers an incredible tale. One that allows hardcore Walking Dead fans to directly interact with the universe they love in a personal way. Decision making is a key aspect of this game and it pulls players into it's world and story in ways few other games have.

There is a set

There is a set outcome to the tale. The fates of Lee and his fellow survivors are largely already planned out. However that doesn't mean these decisions don't mean anything. They affect how scenarios play out even in the strictest of scripted moments. Your choices will influence what characters think of you and often who lives or dies. Your actions not only shape the character of Lee, but those around him as well. It's pretty powerful stuff that makes your choices meaningful even if there are things in the story that are just going to happen no matter what.

The tale is emotional and dark. Filled with believable characters and moments that make your decisions matter in ways few other games are capable of. The real hook of the story though comes from the relationship between Lee and Clementine. That little girls is under your protection and the bond between the characters is chosen by you. There is an almost instant emotional connection established between the player and Clementine, just as there is between the two characters. That's an incredible strength the game has.

Despite being set in the comic universe, the way the game is set up references the show. It's an episodic experience. You complete one episode and move on to the next with all of your choices carrying over to the next episode(s). At the beginning and end of every episode you'll get a "previously on The Walking Dead" or "Next time on The Walking Dead" complete with scenes from that episode. It's a cool way to reference the show. However that's not all of the treat hardcore fans of the show and comic have in store for them. Several great cameos and subtle references are sure to bring a smile to the face of the fans.

The majority of the gameplay does consist of making decisions or choosing dialog options that influence elements of the story, often in surprising ways. However plenty of puzzles, action-packed quick-time events, and deadly shooting sections help ensure that you are doing more than just listening and reading all of the time. Puzzles are never difficult. Usually they have straightforward solutions that are easy to figure out. However they are still fun to play thanks to cool ideas and some great settings.

Telltale has created an emotionally impactful game. One that's filled with tough choices to make, fun gameplay, and plenty of references for fans. It's a must play for Walking Dead fans and anyone who enjoys gaming with a fantastic story. It's an all around masterpiece and a game I can't recommend highly enough. It's a lot more than just a game for Walking Dead fanatics. You don't have to be familiar with the material at all to enjoy it. It's just that well-crafted an experience.

After averaging out each score I gave the individual episodes, I give the season as a whole a 9.1/10.
  13. Oct 19, 2015
    Best game ever. Seriously. I used to watch the TV show and thought it was decent, but after playing this.... its so much better. This game does what hollywood wishes it could do with a story. I've never been so emotionally invested in characters and their fates from a book/movie/show/game like I was playing TWD. Its one of those things where you wish you could wipe your memory just to beBest game ever. Seriously. I used to watch the TV show and thought it was decent, but after playing this.... its so much better. This game does what hollywood wishes it could do with a story. I've never been so emotionally invested in characters and their fates from a book/movie/show/game like I was playing TWD. Its one of those things where you wish you could wipe your memory just to be able to experience it for the first time over again, like reading Harry Potter. That should tell you something, putting this game in the same air as Harry freaking Potter. It makes me wish there were more games that kept you playing for the story instead of the action and gameplay.

11/10 IGN

warning, you **may** cry, just a bit
  14. Jun 8, 2015
    Good game with a twist that you don't expect at all, many - sided characters and dramatic plot. The only negative which was a joke about the last century is a small portion of the gameplay.
  15. Jun 5, 2015
    Video games are art. The Walking Dead is suspenseful! An interactive story where characters, dialogue and decisions are more important than the rest. I would recommend this game every time!
  16. May 30, 2015
    There is not much to say about this game, his strength already enough, his plot reaches the edge of understanding, is a complete human drama and full of memorable moments, perhaps in the coming years, this game becomes a classic, by unless already entered history.
  17. May 23, 2015
    Telltale Games’ The Walking Dead (season one, which is essentially the first game) offers not just something that’s unique but something that’s great. It’s a decision-based game mixed with a well-crafted point-and-click adventure. The game was made to look like the comic book but follows its own story. As Lee, a man who was being tried for murder just before the zombie apocalypse, you meetTelltale Games’ The Walking Dead (season one, which is essentially the first game) offers not just something that’s unique but something that’s great. It’s a decision-based game mixed with a well-crafted point-and-click adventure. The game was made to look like the comic book but follows its own story. As Lee, a man who was being tried for murder just before the zombie apocalypse, you meet up with new survivors as you watch over a girl named Clementine. Your morals are used time and time again during your adventure. Plot twists are around every corner as you fight for survival, sometimes making decisions without thinking due to the limited time provided to make them, which is realistic. The survivors you’re with change frequently and the situations you’re in are consistently unique from each other so things don’t get stale. My only real complaints: this game has too many glitches and it stutters and loads too frequently. So are you a generous helping hand or a cold survivor? It's up to you! Expand
  18. Apr 8, 2015
    Lo mas importante de un videojuego es entretener, que te quedes en el y no lo dejes, y este juego lo hace a la perfección. Yo no tuve la oportunidad de jugarlo en PC pero si en esta consola y en Playstation 4 y me pareció excelente.

Pros: -una trama entretenida. -poder hacer elecciones a tu estilo, ya sea ser bueno o malo con los demás personajes o dilemas morales como matar o no a

Pros:
    -una trama entretenida.
    -poder hacer elecciones a tu estilo, ya sea ser bueno o malo con los demás personajes o dilemas morales como matar o no a uno.
    -un gran trasfondo.
    -unas gráficas bien logradas para hacerlo parecer un cómic.
    -lograr convertirlo como una serie de televisión al dividirlo en 5 capítulos.
    -muy buenos diálogos.
    -la capacidad de llegarte a relacionar con los personajes es excelente, pudiendo hacer amistad o enemistad.

Contras:
    -diseño de nivel inexistente
    -algunas decisiones no afectan en nada en la historia, siendo así una historia siempre lineal.
    -algo corta la historia, dando así poca experiencia al juego.
    -muy pocas opciones para ser rejugable.

Este juego creo mucha polémica, si era de verdad un juego o una simple película interactiva, a mi en lo personal no me importa lo que sea. El punto es que me entretuvo y me dio una gran experiencia haberlo jugado
  19. Jan 21, 2015
    This game is fun in all, but needs plenty of work

PROS
    -Great story
    -nice graphics

CONS
    -boring gameplay

Worth buying the first episode, but not the rest.
  20. Nov 14, 2014
    This Gave Me Clinical Depression, It Lets Out All The Feels!
    But One Of My Favourite Games And Probably One Of The Best Stories Of This Generation!
  21. Nov 9, 2014
    An incredible game, possibly my favourite of all time. Telltale have crafted a story that goes far beyond what the medium generally delivers. Whilst there isn't actually as much meaningful choice as you are led to believe, the plot and characters completely make up for it
  22. Oct 11, 2014
    I bought the first and second seasons on the Xbox live market place when they first came out. I didn't have the money to continue purchasing the next ones so I watched youtubers play them. I like idea and custom stories. This isn't the reall dead walking story for anyone asking but I find it better.
  23. Jul 20, 2014
    When I first heard about The Walking Dead, I thought it was a bland and uninteresting game. My Lord, was I wrong. The game is so well written, I actually cried TWICE during the game. This game is the diamond in the RPG crown. The choices actually mean everything to the game's events, so much so that there are thousands of different outcomes. The gameplay itself is extremely satisfying,When I first heard about The Walking Dead, I thought it was a bland and uninteresting game. My Lord, was I wrong. The game is so well written, I actually cried TWICE during the game. This game is the diamond in the RPG crown. The choices actually mean everything to the game's events, so much so that there are thousands of different outcomes. The gameplay itself is extremely satisfying, which is surprising, due to the game being mostly point and click style. This game isn't just a game, it's an emotional journey. Expand
  24. Jul 12, 2014
    The is surprisingly delt very well, the game is an amazing one, it has very good character development and the deaths are delt very well, some people you'll hate, some you'll love and some you will never want to die, but putting it out there, characters will die, some that you love and some you hate, and some will be totally unexpected, overall the 5 episode story keeps you hooked. TheThe is surprisingly delt very well, the game is an amazing one, it has very good character development and the deaths are delt very well, some people you'll hate, some you'll love and some you will never want to die, but putting it out there, characters will die, some that you love and some you hate, and some will be totally unexpected, overall the 5 episode story keeps you hooked. The only complaint I have about it is when clementime cried at the end, it made me kind of laugh cos it looked awful. overall the game is fantastic and deserved the best story of the year, the game changes all the time. Game of the year 2012 by far Expand
  25. Jul 4, 2014
    One of the best games i have ever played. This game has an incredible, deep story depending on how you choose to play it. It makes you feel for the characters. All episodes are amazing. It is definitely worth it. Play the first episode and you'll get hooked in and will keep on playing.

However, it may lag occasionally on the xbox 360 but it doesn't ruin this great game.
  26. Jun 5, 2014
    This game totally deserves a 10. The story was really well done, I love the the stories that tell tale games make, I loved the Jurassic park game you guys made that was really well done. I loved the story in here it was really dead on, made me feel the feels at the end. Don't listen to the negatives they have no idea what they are talking about. I'm just going to scratch the bottom of theThis game totally deserves a 10. The story was really well done, I love the the stories that tell tale games make, I loved the Jurassic park game you guys made that was really well done. I loved the story in here it was really dead on, made me feel the feels at the end. Don't listen to the negatives they have no idea what they are talking about. I'm just going to scratch the bottom of the barrel here, but I mean the choices in here, you just feel so power less. Like in the meat locker with Larry, I mean make a choice to save him. Just don't let Kenny kill him, because even if you do try to save him Lilly still leaves you even if you say yes to go with her. Another thing is just the graphics not a big deal or anything just the graphics could be better. Would I recommend this? Oh yes I would, this defiantly deserves a 10. And this game is really good, another good game made by tell tale. Expand
  27. May 11, 2014
    Telltales first Walking Dead game is just fantastic. Wonderful graphics in a different style and a great sound support the story which really is a masterpiece. I really like these kind of interactive movies/series and I will absolutely play the second and third one.
  28. May 2, 2014
    For a comic book I took control of it's pretty good. If considered a game... not as much. I really did enjoy the story, although I wish my actions had more effect on it in the long run. It really did bring out some genuine emotions in this here dad. For gameplay purposes an inverted camera option would've been helpful, but I won't bust it's balls too bad for it. Not sure how manyFor a comic book I took control of it's pretty good. If considered a game... not as much. I really did enjoy the story, although I wish my actions had more effect on it in the long run. It really did bring out some genuine emotions in this here dad. For gameplay purposes an inverted camera option would've been helpful, but I won't bust it's balls too bad for it. Not sure how many seasons this can hold my interest, though. A lot of slow walking back and forth that adds nothing but game length. Expand
  29. Apr 30, 2014
    The Walking Dead game is a great example to all gamers on how to make your choices matter in a game. What makes this game great is the characters, the story, the setting, and the experience overall.
    You play as a guy named Lee, a convicted criminal during the zombie outbreak. He comes across a little girl named Clementine who he feels obligated to protect. I really liked seeing my choices in the game make an impact to the story overall. I thought the setting really helped the story. My favorite part of the game is the characters you meet; you really feel like anyone can die at any moment and also the acting is really good. For example when Lee first kills a zombie he reacts with an expression of “ What happened to this person?” and he expresses a real state of shock. Clementine is also portrayed as a real character as she tries to be brave but she is still only a little girl.
    The experience I had with this game is different than most others because there is not much game play, its all really a point and click game. The timed decisions mechanic is great; you sometimes only have a few seconds to make a decision which really adds to the tension and panic of the situation. The game is broken down into five episodes, each are about less than two hours. If you are a fan of the walking dead show then I highly recommend buying this game as its the best point and click game I have ever played.
  30. Apr 16, 2014
    Es un gran juego, es algo estresante, pero lo disfrute mucho por su trama y ambientación, eso si podría haber sido mas modificable la historia y la mecánica del juego algo mas equilibrada.
  31. Mar 27, 2014
    Another amazing game released by Telltale. Apart from their Lego games, to this series is an amazing game. The story is tailored so well that can almost cry when some one dies. Good one Telltale. I'm looking forward to Season 2.
  32. Mar 15, 2014
    The Walking Dead has the ability to make any grown man cry. This game is amazing, and also has a sense of humour. Go on an adventure with Lee and Clem, making hard choices and changing the way you play. Good luck, and don't cry.
  33. Mar 15, 2014
    Esse game é completamente inesquecível, entra facilmente no hall de melhores games já jogados, provavelmente me arriscaria dizer em um top five! Enredo intrigante, personagens carismáticos, e muita, MUITA surpresa! Com certeza recomendaria à todos, joguem e não se arrependerão por nem um segundo sequer!
    This game is one of the best experiences I've ever had in a videogame, the story is unforgettable, the characters are amazingly well done, You start playing and when you finally realize, you've been playing for hours and hours, by far, it's one of the best games! Game of the year!
  34. Mar 7, 2014
    This game IS overrated but it's still a solid game. The most overrated aspect of the game is the story. While it serves it's purpose to drive the game and the player forward, there was nothing outstanding about it. There was no character in the game that matched the level of Rick or Daryl from the show. However, it was nice that it felt like no character was 'safe' from death, as thatThis game IS overrated but it's still a solid game. The most overrated aspect of the game is the story. While it serves it's purpose to drive the game and the player forward, there was nothing outstanding about it. There was no character in the game that matched the level of Rick or Daryl from the show. However, it was nice that it felt like no character was 'safe' from death, as that added some suspense. The art style is good enough, but the performance leaves a lot to be desired. A game like this simply should NOT have screen tearing and problems keeping a solid, non-stuttering frame-rate. All of that being said, the game is still a high-end of average experience and is worth a playthrough if you're a fan of the comics/show/genre. Just be aware that it plays like a highly interactive, choose-your-path, storybook. 7/10 Expand
  35. Mar 6, 2014
    walking dead video game is brilliant expect the fact where the challenges are hard also getting the weapons . but this is a great game and i love the zombies and the gore
  36. Feb 24, 2014
    This game would have gotten a ten from me. It has an epic story, I love the decision making, it is a very unique game. There are a lot of reviews so I'm sure you know all the good. The reason I gave this game a 6 is cuz of the insane amount of annoying glitches. I still haven't even beat the game because it loves to start me over from the beginning. This is my second copy of the game andThis game would have gotten a ten from me. It has an epic story, I love the decision making, it is a very unique game. There are a lot of reviews so I'm sure you know all the good. The reason I gave this game a 6 is cuz of the insane amount of annoying glitches. I still haven't even beat the game because it loves to start me over from the beginning. This is my second copy of the game and the same problems keep happening . If telltale can fix this, then this game would be one of my top all time games. But until then , this game is annoying as hell and can really piss me off !!! F*** glitches !! Gamers beware Expand
  37. Feb 22, 2014
    I can't understand for the life of me why this game is recieving so much praise. I feel it is a good game. Nothing more, nothing less. The "surprise" plot twists I could see coming from a mile away practically everytime. The voice acting for Clementine is so over-the-top "I'm an innocent little girl feel bad for me" that I generally dislike her by the end of the game.

Despite the

Despite the excessive amount of deaths to unrealistically bad/good characters (there is no in between), only two really effected me in the whole game. And I could tell they were coming, and Clementine almost killed them with her cheesyness. I ended up laughing at a death scene, because Clems crying was so badly voice acted it was hilarious.

Still, I enjoyed this game, but it needs to be grounded as no better than slightly above average.
  38. Feb 17, 2014
    Buying the full series is like buying a bottle of your own tears

Its sad,dark at times, and overall a great game for gamers who love a good tale, and love excellent character development.
  39. Jan 28, 2014
    Lots of suprises, lots of deaths, lots of jumpscares... Really good game with... bad graphics... But that is ok beacuse this is amazing game. Even tough your choises dont even matter that much this game is still really well made. In a way some parts of this game are even a little bit scary. Liked the fact that in the end of every chapter they showed what decisions others made.
  40. Jan 24, 2014
    Original e increible Un juego completo con momentos muy mixtos el segundo episodio es epico algo muy original que no se volvera a jugar algo asi en mucho tiempo se espera secuela
  41. Jan 19, 2014
    Telltale's The Walking Dead is absolutely amazing! This choose-your-own-adventure-esque zombie games provides a fantastic story that has plenty of emotional depth as well as some jump-out-of-your-seat scares. Featuring characters that players can care for (that are fantastically well-acted of course), players can fully immerse themselves into the experience that is The Walking Dead game.Telltale's The Walking Dead is absolutely amazing! This choose-your-own-adventure-esque zombie games provides a fantastic story that has plenty of emotional depth as well as some jump-out-of-your-seat scares. Featuring characters that players can care for (that are fantastically well-acted of course), players can fully immerse themselves into the experience that is The Walking Dead game. You may be thinking why have I not given this game a 10 out of 10. Well, the game certainly has some technical hiccups, such as the occasional bad frame rate, tedious load times and other glitches like that. But those technical flaws aside, The Walking Dead is a must play and an experience worth experiencing. NOTE: The game might leave you in tears by the end. Expand
  42. Jan 19, 2014
    This is an amazing game nice graphics, touching story, realistic scenario and good voices this game touches you right in the heart and makes anyone who can cry cry.
  43. Jan 17, 2014
    The Walking Dead By Telltale Games Is least enjoyable for me i did not enjoy this game that much the gameplay is one things that was good however the way you play is very confuse i was at were you have find the health aid kt to a guy and i was just so confuse i dont know were it was or is but im not going enjoy playing this game in the future
  44. Jan 17, 2014
    Truthfully I love The Walking Dead comic book series. The T.V. series is decent but this game from Telltale is dreadful. This game is more like watching a movie, and the camera angles are completely horrible... So you're pretty much paying for a story with bad controls... point and click is just soooo lame. Companies like this are cashing in on the name and that's about it. Then theyTruthfully I love The Walking Dead comic book series. The T.V. series is decent but this game from Telltale is dreadful. This game is more like watching a movie, and the camera angles are completely horrible... So you're pretty much paying for a story with bad controls... point and click is just soooo lame. Companies like this are cashing in on the name and that's about it. Then they released this on disc. So worried about making money that the disc doesn't even play the game. It's bugged to the max. So sick and tired of these companies releasing **** product to people. Why release it if it doesn't work????
    Go to amazon and read all the reviews. It's sad to see all the people who wasted their money because someone got too greedy. Game sucked, Good luck playing a movie with point and click controls.
  45. Jan 15, 2014
    You play as Lee [the main character], a convicted black man, who inevitably gets a second chance in the world. It was meant for the car to crash, leading up to the point where Lee meets a child that he's obligated to protect at all costs -- all part of God's plan.

When I first played The Walking Dead, I was amazed. The game has outstanding sound, lighting, graphics, and acting. In fact, it looks like a comic book! The Walking Dead blends the themes of survival, trust, hope, and cooperation. You get to make decisions throughout the whole game. The choices you make affect the story as a whole. You actually FEEL like you're part of the game. This game is probably the first to include that feature. It's full of action. I like the fact that it's in third-person. I'm thankful that The Walking Dead is named Game of the Year in 2012. The developers did a great job of portraying an atmosphere of survival and adventure!
  46. Jan 13, 2014
    Captures the essence of The Walking Dead Comic Book perfectly!

This game is truly a masterpiece. The Walking Dead has fantastic gameplay that relies on the player choices moreso than anything else and the game benefits from this as there are many heart-pounding sections that require quick thinking or else the Zombies kill one of your extremeley likeable comrades! These characters are
    Captures the essence of The Walking Dead Comic Book perfectly!

These characters are even better written than they are in the TV Show and engage the player into their unique back stories that are inextricably linked to the present events. Everything feels right; not a single objective in the game seems pointless. Character development here is one of the best in this medium as each character goes through their own grim, adult and realistic arcs that are very intriguing - It sucks you in right from the get-go.

The graphics are perfect! Brings the comic books to life better than anything else (I really wish the TV Series followed up on this style as it actually resembles the source material.)

Overall, a true modern masterpiece and a perfect representation of The Walking Dead by Telltale Games. The Zombie genre has never been better!
  47. Jan 12, 2014
    Can I just say HOLY S***!! This is probably one of my most favourite games of all time !! I love how it is so intense,realistic and fricken awesome, and the amount of twists... are incredible and it actually makes you yell out "OH MY GOD... !! Like literally every time something amazing but sad or just in general happens you say it ! This is definitely a MUST buy game.
  48. Jan 10, 2014
    The negative reviews of this game are given by people so illiterate in games that they compare an adventure game with Mass Effect and Tomb Raider. That's like saying that you didn't like a drama because it wasn't funny enough.--------------------

It's entirely normal not to like this genre and prefer completely different games where you can rain bullets, explosions or magic on your enemies. I don't question that.----------------------------

However it takes a complete idiot in order not to notice a game that pushes interactive storytelling to new standards. A game so beautifully directed that it tells trough facial expressions as much as it does trough dialogue.
  49. Dec 23, 2013
    the walking dead is absolutely an terrific game,the story is amazing and i liked a lot the choice system,the only problem is thatis an point and click game.
  50. Dec 8, 2013
    I know, its very stupid to put a 0 to a masterpiece
    but the point is THE GAMEPLAY IS HORRIBLE
    THIS GAME COULD BE FUN BUT IS LIKE A MIX
    OF MASS EFFET WITH HEAVY RAIN I DONT LIKE IT
    ANYWAY,I MUST ADMITE THAT IS MASTER PIECE
    BUT I DONT KNOW,THIS GAME IS NOT FOR ME
  51. Nov 25, 2013
    I have played the game and now i know why he have won the GOTY of the last year, the game it's full of nice puzzles, and makes you feel Lee emotions, and makes you think that a game ain't just made of graphics, the story it's the body and the soul of the game, and the end was AWESOME 10 out of 10
  52. Nov 23, 2013
    A game with quite astounding emotion impact. I was completely won over. This is what a zombie fiction is all about: every turn a another obstacle to overcome or tough call to make. Excellent.
  53. Nov 23, 2013
    Can you really become close with characters in a game? The Walking Dead proves yes. The beautiful comic style art with the honesty of the characters you know and develop relationships with make this game superb. The relationship you develop with Clementine and others, as well as fighting your way through the apocalypse makes this game fantastic. Despite the story, the overall good RPGCan you really become close with characters in a game? The Walking Dead proves yes. The beautiful comic style art with the honesty of the characters you know and develop relationships with make this game superb. The relationship you develop with Clementine and others, as well as fighting your way through the apocalypse makes this game fantastic. Despite the story, the overall good RPG elements are questioned because the majority of the game is decisions. Although I think it is an almost perfect blend it is no doubt the introduction of a barrage of actually playable console RPGs. So play this game, it brings out things inside you one wouldn't think a game couldn't bring out. Expand
  54. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Cell shaded graphics; there not the best looking either, they are average. 7.

Sound: Nice themes, grade, “A” voice acting, although some of the voices aren’t synced properly, and at times the game scene will completely halt, and then a different scene will pop up and the sound just blasts in without a fade or anything to make it unnoticeable. The game will completely pause a scene just to load a new scene of the same environment. 8.

Gameplay: The game is more of a point and click adventure, but it does have some shooting scenes. There are dialog decisions that are timed, similar to the first Mass Effect. The decisions make a huge impact in the overall gameplay. This game is truly Telltale Games best point and click ever. Most of the game is broken down by environments that need exploring, and dialog to figure out the next move. This was definitely one of the best point and click adventures ever. 10.

Story: The story is amazing, it’s just so intense, and the decision made change the way the story pans out. Definitely worth playing, and the episodes can be played more than once with different results. 10.
    Lasting Appeal/Value: Definitely worth getting, and at least playing through once. The game is $15 and usually has been going on sale. Each episode is about 3 hours, with the final episode about 1.5 hours. 10.

Overall Score: 9 out of 10.
  55. Nov 10, 2013
    The Walking Dead is a point and click adventure game created by Telltale Games. I've tested the game on PC, and the compelling story, along with visuals reminiscent of the comics and really interesting characters made it one of the best games of 2012, with some glitches that weren't game-breaking, but a little annoying. The on-disc console version, however, not only ramps up the amount ofThe Walking Dead is a point and click adventure game created by Telltale Games. I've tested the game on PC, and the compelling story, along with visuals reminiscent of the comics and really interesting characters made it one of the best games of 2012, with some glitches that weren't game-breaking, but a little annoying. The on-disc console version, however, not only ramps up the amount of glitches in the game, but also lags pretty much constantly. In a game like this where quick-time events can appear from nowhere, this is a flaw that can bring the entire game down.
    The story is still one of the best in the "The Walking Dead" franchise and probably of all video games, while the main characters are the best duo. However, the core gameplay is near unplayable because of one horrendously major flaw: lag.
    You see, in The Walking Dead, most of the game is spent in three sections: "pointing and clicking", quick-time events, and dialogue choices. The thing is that, the two latter are almost impossible to win unless you already played them and know which button you must press. The first part is the only one that can be played normally, but even then, it's the one the game least focuses about.
    In the end, it's a shame that The Walking Dead turned out to be a horrendous port. A compilation of the five episodes would have easily got a 9 or a 10, but when more than half of the game is full of glitches, it's a wonder if Telltale tested this release. This could be a 1 point game, but the story it's still the best in gaming. Also, certain episodes hold better than others (Both episode 2 and 5 ran without any major problems, with some hicc-ups. It helped that these). With a GotY edition and the second season right around the corner and Telltale saying that the latter will be a lot less buggier, luckily we'll have a new on-disc release of these wonderful games that isn't as buggy. Don't buy this version at all. Obtain any other version.
  56. Oct 24, 2013
    One of the most engrossing and captivating stories ever told. Some may say this barely qualifies as a videogame due to a lack of interactivity but you do play a large portion of the title directing your characters and interacting with the environment. The choices you make may not change the overall outcome of the story but it is huge fun just being absorbed in the gripping narrative andOne of the most engrossing and captivating stories ever told. Some may say this barely qualifies as a videogame due to a lack of interactivity but you do play a large portion of the title directing your characters and interacting with the environment. The choices you make may not change the overall outcome of the story but it is huge fun just being absorbed in the gripping narrative and just waiting to see what happens next.

It is definitely worth playing through a few times to experience all possibilities and if season 2 can add more depth and choice; we'll have another stunning and thrilling game to explore.
  57. Oct 19, 2013
    i honestly did not expect a point and click game to be this much fun. with amazing voice acting a great story and solid game play you don't even need to watch the show to be a fan of this game.
  58. Oct 14, 2013
    This game series brings to light an old argument over what qualities of a game matter the most. Does gameplay make a videogame worth playing or does the story? With this divergent entry in the Walking Dead universe, Telltale presents us with compelling characters, difficult choices, and a path we help to create. They've placed all their eggs in the story basket. In doing so, the gameplayThis game series brings to light an old argument over what qualities of a game matter the most. Does gameplay make a videogame worth playing or does the story? With this divergent entry in the Walking Dead universe, Telltale presents us with compelling characters, difficult choices, and a path we help to create. They've placed all their eggs in the story basket. In doing so, the gameplay such as quicktime events and slow exploration is bland and not very entertaining. But the conversations, the choices, and the personalities keep you playing. You'll have a hard time putting your controller down because much like the television series, you won't be able to wait for what comes next. Telltale did the Walking Dead justice, but I do wish the game part of the game was better. Expand
  59. Oct 14, 2013
    The Walking Dead tells perhaps the most engaging, phenomenally written, character driven, decision impacting and tension-packed stories ever told in a video game. Only time will tell. But anyone and everyone who loves an incredible story should definitely play this.
  60. Oct 14, 2013
    The absolute certainty about The Walking Dead Game is that it will surprise you with its magnificence. It is not a game for everyone, but to those who appreciate other genre of video games will simply love how unique and fantastic 'TWDG' really is. In fact, it the most unique game I have ever played and provided me perhaps my most favorite experience playing a video game.

The

The mechanics of TWDG is essentially point and click. The core elements will not have you constantly shooting zombies or platforming of any sort, it is basically a fantastic story that you are apart of, you can investigate the surrounding or engage in conversations with other survivors. But there are two main parts about the game that make it so incredible. The journey you go through as a player is memorable, each episode is innovative and different with the current and new characters really engage you into the story.

But perhaps the number one reason why TWDG is an incredible game is how the writers managed to pull off the amazing relationship and chemistry between Lee and Clementine. Lee is Clem's father figure, each conversation you have has significance and you really care for her throughout, you simply can't hate her.

All I can say is The Walking Dead Game will be a game like none you have played before, its cheap and worth a try because by the time you beat the story, it will be one of your favorite games ever.

61. Sep 24, 2013
    I would rate this game higher than a 10 if given the option to! It was brilliant! You get to make your own choices, go through several different situations that put you on edge, and the choices effect outcomes of certain characters and how they feel about/view you. You even become emotionally attached to some characters. It's just an all around great game. I know some people complain aboutI would rate this game higher than a 10 if given the option to! It was brilliant! You get to make your own choices, go through several different situations that put you on edge, and the choices effect outcomes of certain characters and how they feel about/view you. You even become emotionally attached to some characters. It's just an all around great game. I know some people complain about how the graphics look "comic book like" but that's just a part of the game. After all, The Walking Dead was a comic book before anything else.It also have good replay value with going back and doing things differently than you before or changing an outcome you hadn't wanted the first time. I can NOT wait for the sequel! Expand
  62. Sep 15, 2013
    This game changed my opinion on point click games, this game was based off of the walking dead series and for the most part this is the best story out of the whole walking dead universe. The tv show is ok and the comic books are great but the best is this game. The thing that I'm constantly telling people is that this is my favorite because its on my favorite media, games are a huge partThis game changed my opinion on point click games, this game was based off of the walking dead series and for the most part this is the best story out of the whole walking dead universe. The tv show is ok and the comic books are great but the best is this game. The thing that I'm constantly telling people is that this is my favorite because its on my favorite media, games are a huge part of my life and I don't really like the show because of how the story is told. The comic books are the original bases for the whole story that been said the story of Lee and Clementine is my favorite story that has ever been told. They have the best relationship out of anyone in all of the books and in the tv show. The whole reason this game is really great was because of the characters the writes made, the whole experience was amazing and I can't wait to play season 2. Expand
  63. Sep 13, 2013
    One of the best Games in my opinion. Not because of its Gameplay or Graphics, but because its so full of emotion and surprising events. As the Game goes on, you start to develop a link to the characters and hope they wont get harmed. What also amazed me was that intense "survival atmosphere", the Game always seemed believable.

I also loved how the Game always forced you to make very

I also loved how the Game always forced you to make very difficult decisions. Storywise the Game was not disappointing to me as it always provided action or emotional scenes. Dont even mention the end, i had to cry tears because it was so sad and emotional. I never experienced anything like this in a Game before. This Game looks simple but its a piece of art.
  64. Aug 25, 2013
    Please, please, please, don't buy this game. TTG released a totally broken product (Disc on 4GB slim doesn't work *at all*, signifigant, game-breaking issues on every other version. There was obviously little to no QA done on this at all and TTG has done little to nothing to resolve the issues and let people know. You see a lot of GOTY ads, but nothing about how you can't even play it ifPlease, please, please, don't buy this game. TTG released a totally broken product (Disc on 4GB slim doesn't work *at all*, signifigant, game-breaking issues on every other version. There was obviously little to no QA done on this at all and TTG has done little to nothing to resolve the issues and let people know. You see a lot of GOTY ads, but nothing about how you can't even play it if you don't have a hard drive. Thanks TTG for giving me a massive headache. Expand
  65. Aug 21, 2013
    Telltale Games have succeeded in creating a new type of game. An interactive story where characters, dialogue and decisions take precedence over the hand-eye co-ordination required of gamers in FPS or racing games. The puzzles are fairly simple and are successful in some, but not all, of the episodes. However, the storyline is fantastic and elicits rare emotion from gamers. The wholeTelltale Games have succeeded in creating a new type of game. An interactive story where characters, dialogue and decisions take precedence over the hand-eye co-ordination required of gamers in FPS or racing games. The puzzles are fairly simple and are successful in some, but not all, of the episodes. However, the storyline is fantastic and elicits rare emotion from gamers. The whole season is a rollercoaster ride of emotion and leads us to an ending that is brave and thought-provoking. Expand
  66. Aug 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. *looks side to side and leans in and whispers* not reviewing here, I want to make season two/episode 6 prediction. Firstly, let's discuss everyone who is DEAD. Just to get the bad things out of the way. Carley Dead. Doug Dead. Duck Dead (Or turned). Kenny Now, he's interesting, considering if you left Ben at Crawford or he died during episode 5, it's really hard to put a pin on Kenny's death. The creators must of wanted you to get your hopes up like "KENNY'S ALIIIIVE!" but making you NOT see his death. Though I think he's dead. Lilly I've heard she's in the comics, which I haven't read if she isn't then she's probably dead. Larry Dead. Ben Dead. Now, let's go to this specific person whom is definitely DEAD (or turned). Lee. People go on and on like "CLEM JERKED THE GUN AND MISSSSSSSSED" but come on guys, you all know that Lee is gone. GONE. STOP REFUSING IT. DON'T MAKE ME GO KENNY ON YOU. The reason why Clementine jerked the gun is because, well, she's a little girl! She's not very strong, and the gun will obviously have a kick on her. Not only that, but she was sobbing and shaking, which would also lower her strength a lot. I doubt the gun had missed Lee. Clem was at a very close range of Lee, and Lee has a pretty big head. If she did miss, so what? That means Lee would have turned. There is no way someone would ever just GO over to him and heal him (yes, someone mentioned that!). The creators of this game are very sadistic, and love to make you weep and wrap yourselves in blankets so you can pretend you're a very depressed potato. In that case, I must be a masochist. OKAY. Now for the reappearances that I both think and want to happen. Lilly Probably not, depending on the comics. Omid and Christa I HOPE TO GOD THEY'RE OKAY, they seem to be really reliable and strong but, I don't know, I don't want to get my hopes up. Molly I loved her, she's most likely coming back. From what I've heard, this 'Molly' character isn't in the comic nor the show, which means the game made her. Molly suddenly leaves you. Also, in Crawford, you don't bring Clem with you and you don't shoot the walker Molly was having trouble with. She gets a bit circled by walkers, and suddenly runs off, never to be seen again. Though she's most likely okay. In Episode 5 you see that the entire city is overflown with walkers, and you hear absolutely no bells ringing except the one Lee did himself. This could mean she's either hiding somewhere in the city like her ninja-self, escaped the city in order to find someplace new, hopefully the countryside, or she died/turned. Again, the creators are very sadistic and may want you to get your hopes up and have them crash down into a trillion SHAVED Kennys (My god, that's tragic). So I'm trying to not do that. TELLTALE WILL NEVER MAKE ME DEPRESSED AGAIN~!!! (It totally will). Now, for my review on where the trailor. Clementine is in the country-like area. We don't know how long it took to get there, we hope not too long, but I think it took AGES, and maybe the game will start off with Clementine's journey to that specific spot. Maybe. But anyway, the two people walking on the cliff-hill-thing. It's most definitely NOT Christa and Omid, I know that as a fact. My friend had given me a link to a photo (http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/File:Walking_dead_game_ending_shadows_file.png). Now look at that. Two. Bloody. Men. One fat and short (Mario) and one long and skinny (Luigi). This kind of ruins 90% of the predictions I've seen. Not to mention that these men are wearing shorts. Now, I don't know anything about Georgia and it's weather, I study Japan. But the gang had left the Motor Inn in winter, right? And the fact now that everything in the trailor looks autumn-like, could mean that it's either Autumn/Fall (I'm Australian, I call it Autumn), Summer or Spring. Which could mean this is a fast-forward in time, again refering to my earlier thought that the game might start off with Clem's journey to the countryside. Anyway, I'm really tired, it took me an hour to write this, SO PLEASE READ IT! If I have anymore I'll most certainly write it down. Thank you~ Expand
  67. Aug 12, 2013
    If you enjoy the 'everyone dies and the world is terrible' zombie cliche then you will enjoy the walking dead.

Otherwise skip it. There were many instances that felt contrived, For instance the second episode has a end you can see from a mile away and is frustratingly slow and painful since you can do literally nothing to stop it. These types of games try to show the 'realistic'

Otherwise skip it.

There were many instances that felt contrived, For instance the second episode has a end you can see from a mile away and is frustratingly slow and painful since you can do literally nothing to stop it. These types of games try to show the 'realistic' man-kills-man world and just ends up failing to truly leave a lasting impact.

Gameplay wise I enjoyed the style of play, but was frustrated by the inconsistency of the gun mechanics the few necessary times it must be used..
  68. Aug 11, 2013
    this point and click style game masters deep and engaging story lines and creates characters you can understand. A narrative masterpiece, also the graphics are unique and creative modeled after the style of the comic, the actual gameplay is solid but not spectacular, you solve puzzles mostly and sometimes get into generic combat sequences. But, overall great narrative and atmosphere!
  69. Aug 11, 2013
    telltale is back with another great hit with the walking dead title on it. The Walking Dead is a rpg that is filled with Cochise and stuff and makes a great story great art-style and great game 10-10
  70. Aug 1, 2013
    I normally don't like this type of game but I liked it very much. Big fan of The Walking Dead series. This game was very fun, although I got stuck at times because I'm an idiot. lol
  71. Jul 28, 2013
    Expectations:
    Going into this game for the first time I had high expectations as I bought all 5 episodes after they had all came out, due to this I was subjected to many people talking about this game and ranting on about how good it was, and how they got blown away by certain set-pieces in this game.
    Scores: Graphics: 10/10 Campaign: 9/10 Sound: 8/10 Gameplay: 9/10 Multiplayer:

Gameplay: 9/10
    Multiplayer: N/A
    Final Score: 9/10

Final Verdict:
    Like many of my friends I was blown away by this masterpiece of a game! Personally the graphics I thought graphics in this game were terrific, I heard from certain members of society that they thought that the graphics were terrible, but they could not be more mistaken as the graphics are intended to have a comic-book feel like the actual 'The Walking Dead' comics. The only bad part of the story in this game that was just above average was the beginning of "Episode 3" the rest was outstanding! The attention to detail in sound was good, especially during some sneaking when old wooden floorboards creaked, that just elevated the tension to another level. In a nutshell the gameplay sets out to be fairly simple and excels at at it.
  72. Jul 22, 2013
    Rarely does a game make me tear up multiple times and even rarely does it make me scream at my TV in disbelief. This is one of the best games I've ever played in my life. This game proves that games don't need amazing "The Last of Us" graphics to make a great game. 10/10
  73. Jul 19, 2013
    This is one the most nerve-wracking and emotionally intense games I've ever played. It is able to make you feel like you are ACTUALLY there, suffering through the end with these characters. Some you will love, and some you will love to hate! The game is nearly perfect in almost every sense. ESPECIALLY for what it was trying to accomplish: Bring a comic book to life. It was hands-down GOtYThis is one the most nerve-wracking and emotionally intense games I've ever played. It is able to make you feel like you are ACTUALLY there, suffering through the end with these characters. Some you will love, and some you will love to hate! The game is nearly perfect in almost every sense. ESPECIALLY for what it was trying to accomplish: Bring a comic book to life. It was hands-down GOtY 2012. If you are getting a Walking Dead game, make sure it says Telltale, and not Activision! Expand
  74. Jul 18, 2013
    As a fan of The Walking Dead', I purchased this game hoping it would have the same quality, emotion and drama as the television show/comic books, and I was not disappointed at all. The game centers around the protagonist Lee Everett. The art, voice acting, character development, decision trees and environments were fantastic. The only negative was the delay between episodes. Each one isAs a fan of The Walking Dead', I purchased this game hoping it would have the same quality, emotion and drama as the television show/comic books, and I was not disappointed at all. The game centers around the protagonist Lee Everett. The art, voice acting, character development, decision trees and environments were fantastic. The only negative was the delay between episodes. Each one is fairly short and you easily lose any momentum in the significant wait. If you are a fan of TWD, this game is a must. Expand
  75. Jul 4, 2013
    This is the greatest game of 2012. The entertaining storytelling grabbed me from the start. When I first heard of how good this game was, I thought I would call this "overrated". I was blown away with the beautiful character development and amazing moral choices. Minus a few annoying glitches that seem to only appear in the disc version of this game, it is near perfect.
  76. Jul 3, 2013
    This isn't really a game, it's a combination of a TV show, Where's Waldo, and quicktime events.

The game engine itself is terrible on the the 360. There's no way to save other than playing to a random checkpoint, you can't invert the right analog stick, and worst of all a lot of times you have to aim with the right stick and then immediately press either A,B,X or Y. Very difficult to do if you only have one thumb on your right hand.
  77. Jun 28, 2013
    Ok I tried the demo for this once and did not like it but after all the hype and then when I was talking to a friend about the walking dead because I am a huge fan of TWD my friend said its their favorite game and so I played the demo on my winter break and I finished it and was immediately wanting more so I went and bought the disc and played through episodes one,two and part of threeOk I tried the demo for this once and did not like it but after all the hype and then when I was talking to a friend about the walking dead because I am a huge fan of TWD my friend said its their favorite game and so I played the demo on my winter break and I finished it and was immediately wanting more so I went and bought the disc and played through episodes one,two and part of three and I could not put the controller down there were parts that made me choose things I never would never expect from this game and there were parts that shocked me I beat the game the next day and it was the best experience I had in 2012 and one of the best games I had ever played. 9.7/10 Expand
  78. Jun 24, 2013
    The Walking Dead is not just a game, rather it is an experience that all gamers should undertake. Everything from the amazing characters to the tragic setting help aid this game's outstanding story and premise. The beginning will instantly hook you as you're immediately thrown into a world gone to chaos. Any game that can bring a tear to my eye gets special recognition from me. A must play.
  79. Jun 19, 2013
    The Walking Dead provides an interactive, heart-braking experience as you go through Lee Everett's survival tale. You meet and lose characters along the way, and just ad you start to like me they areCon ripped apart by the hands of the living dead. Intense, right?

The story is thoughtful and saddening. It was addicting and kept the "Oh, there's a new part, I have to play it now!" feel. The graphics were made so that the game moved and felt like a living comic of the Walking Dead. Gameplay was decent, as it was mostly about choices and desicions than the typical search-and-click kind of game.

Admit it though, one key factor made me disappointed. There's no replay value.

Overall 7

Story 10
    Replay Value 2
    Character Development 10
    Graphics 8
    Soundtrack 7
  80. Jun 16, 2013
    This is a game for people who like to make choices and become attached to characters surrounded by a well told story. However, people who are looking for amazing visuals and the classic modern art style will surely be disappointed.

I found this game to really attach me to the characters well early on, but as the game continued i became almost bored of it, and I continued to throw it under the table and avoid it until I beat it last week. The ending was satisfying and anyone looking for a story to follow should give at least the first chapter a try..
  81. Jun 6, 2013
    The Walking Dead is an experience you shouldn't miss. I recommend everyone play this, even if you normally don't care about video games. It's an emotional experience unlike anything else. It's a journey with characters that feels very real. It has the usual staples of a great game. Fun gameplay, Amazing story unlike anything else, very memorable characters that all feel real, a soundtrackThe Walking Dead is an experience you shouldn't miss. I recommend everyone play this, even if you normally don't care about video games. It's an emotional experience unlike anything else. It's a journey with characters that feels very real. It has the usual staples of a great game. Fun gameplay, Amazing story unlike anything else, very memorable characters that all feel real, a soundtrack that will stick... but the most amazing power of this game is it's ability to make you feel. Anger, sadness, fear, joy, guilt and regret, despair... and hope. It has one of the best morality systems in any game ever, there is no red or blue choice, there's no right or wrong choice, it's all about how you survive and what you let the world turn you into. Expand
  82. Jun 3, 2013
    Wildly overrated as it may be, The Walking Dead is a fun, innovative game full of choices and consequences. You have to make decisions and live by them, which is unsettling and memorable. Its episodic design is unique and overall, it’s a game series worth playing.

But I definitely have my gripes with it, starting with the completely unnecessary language. There were so many forced F-bombs that it was distracting and unrealistic. Yeah, people cuss, but you don’t need to shove it in our face to be “edgy.” And you have a hillbilly guy who says he’s “a Christian man” after using the foulest language of the bunch. Ridiculous.

Anyway, I also thought the writing and performance for Clementine was insanely overhyped. I could have written more realistic dialogue and her voice sounded like an adult trying to sound like a child. But the other voice acting was great and overall, the series merits a playthrough.
  83. Jun 3, 2013
    This game is one of the worst games I’ve ever seen. The graphics are slow, and provide no realistic motion. The game requires a reload at almost every camera angle change. The dialogue must have been written by a moron with Tourette’s Syndrome. The idiot protagonist trips over everything in sight, and there isn’t anything you can do about it. The story line is a guy is beingThis game is one of the worst games I’ve ever seen. The graphics are slow, and provide no realistic motion. The game requires a reload at almost every camera angle change. The dialogue must have been written by a moron with Tourette’s Syndrome. The idiot protagonist trips over everything in sight, and there isn’t anything you can do about it. The story line is a guy is being transported by an incredibly old and chatty Sheriff’s deputy to jail, and they have an accident killing the Deputy. The rest of the story concerns the prisoner trying to get away from the hordes of zombies. If the X-box controller’s complete capability had been utilized it might have been more interesting, but no such luck. In fact the controller is completely worthless most of the time, as the characters do not react to input from the controller unless it shows on the screen as a decision point. Why would someone write a program in which the triggers on the controller don’t fire the guns..? The graphics looks like it came out of a bad 1950’s TV show. Was the purpose of the lame graphics to try to make it look like the comic book..? If that was the purpose then the game should have been priced the same as the comic, rather than costing $50.00. It get’s worse the deeper you get into this joke of a game. The game is disappointing on every level. Expand
  84. May 30, 2013
    This game is so wonderful that word's can't do it justice. It has some of the greatest character development ever, a attention grabbing story and I've played through it several times over. I've never liked point and click games, but this is one of my favorites. Only reason I can't give it a 10 is because it isn't as open as I'd like. What I mean is, no matter what you do, the same overallThis game is so wonderful that word's can't do it justice. It has some of the greatest character development ever, a attention grabbing story and I've played through it several times over. I've never liked point and click games, but this is one of my favorites. Only reason I can't give it a 10 is because it isn't as open as I'd like. What I mean is, no matter what you do, the same overall thing happens. There is different dialogue for each choice you make, but it would've been cool to have a completely different ending if you would've played the game in a different way. Bottom line. Buy this game. Expand
  85. May 26, 2013
    Usually I think the most important aspect of a game is the gameplay. but thanks to the Walking Dead by Telltale, I now know excellent story and character development can make this a little thing. the story for the game is one of the best I've seen in any game. The optional choices and multiple pathways to choose add to the replay ability, and you will want to play it again thanks to thisUsually I think the most important aspect of a game is the gameplay. but thanks to the Walking Dead by Telltale, I now know excellent story and character development can make this a little thing. the story for the game is one of the best I've seen in any game. The optional choices and multiple pathways to choose add to the replay ability, and you will want to play it again thanks to this game's excellent character development. this game has some of the best character development in any game I've played. As you go along with the story, you'll find yourself caring about the characters more and more, as if they were real people, especially Lee, Clementine, and Kenny. the gameplay is simple. Point and click games are usually a turn off to me, but that didn't matter because I wanted to play this because of the story progressing. it may be simple, but as I said before, Telltale managed to show that gameplay doesn't always have to be the most important aspect. the graphics are very artistic in this game. everything looks like a comic book coming to life. doing graphics like this can be pretty hard, but this game manages to pull it off. the soundtrack or the game is actually my least favorite part about the game. while they do capture the emotion of a scene perfectly, the tracks are forgettable, and honestly, kind of bland. Overall, I think the Walking Dead is worthy of all the praise it's gotten. the story is the best in any video game I've played, the branching pathways lead to tons of replay value, and the character development will have you wishing these characters were real. Expand
  86. May 19, 2013
    Outstanding, just pure, outstanding. In The Walking Dead, you play as Lee Everett, a man who later meets a young girl named Clementine, and the two of you, along with many other background characters try to survive the zombie apocalypse as supplies are scarce and zombies aren't the only thing to fear. At first I thought, "its just a game about a TV show, how good can it possibly be?" IOutstanding, just pure, outstanding. In The Walking Dead, you play as Lee Everett, a man who later meets a young girl named Clementine, and the two of you, along with many other background characters try to survive the zombie apocalypse as supplies are scarce and zombies aren't the only thing to fear. At first I thought, "its just a game about a TV show, how good can it possibly be?" I took those words back right after the first episode! it's intense, it's immersive, its a game you sou;don't want to miss out on, with its jump scares, its intense moments and surprises along the way, and not to mention you basically chose what happens next, you don't just watch a cutscene, you control it, you live it, you….experience it. Theres was almost nothing wrong with this game, except for one glitch I experienced, and occasional lag but that is nothing that will make you hate the game. You do not have to watch the TV show before playing this game, which makes it good for almost any person looking to play this game. Each episode is even more intense than the other, It will surprise, it will make you cry, make you happy, excited, shocked, THIS GAME IS ONE GIANT EMOTIONAL FEEL! thats what I look for in a game, immersion that is memorable. I want to remember a game that blesses my childhood, a game that changes the way I think and the way I handle situations, and this is it (Oh god I'm going overexcited aren't I?). Either way, this game will change you, you will definitely not be sorry for buying it.

I give this game a full on 10/10. Buy this game if you haven't already. Just do it. Go on. Go. Buy It. Now.
  87. May 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game has its moment. I never liked children, but this game made me care about Clementine so much, she is the sunshine. Every time I had to make a decision, I will think about what is good for Clementine first. The story writing (in the video game) is phenomenal, and since I stopped believing choice matters in a video game after ME3, I had no compliant about the choices/how it affect the ending in this game. No complaint, however, since this game based on choices which doesn't really matter at all, the game has no reply value for me. But one good play-through is enough for me to recommend this game to everyone. I think I started to love this game in episode two, that human-flesh eating scene is totally surprising and shocking. The last decision you had to make, (either make Clem to kill or not) is the toughest one, and the only one I became so selfish and think about 'me' first. Well, I should let Clem save that one bullet for later, it might save her life. Expand
  88. Apr 30, 2013
    This game isnt for everyone, some will be bored by the lack of ""action" but those who have experienced a telltale game before will know what to expect with it, and this certainly delivers well, and with much better real time action and genuine thrills than anything of theirs i have played yet. This is the best story i think i've played in a game in a very long time, never before have iThis game isnt for everyone, some will be bored by the lack of ""action" but those who have experienced a telltale game before will know what to expect with it, and this certainly delivers well, and with much better real time action and genuine thrills than anything of theirs i have played yet. This is the best story i think i've played in a game in a very long time, never before have i cared for, hated or just felt strongly about an entire games worth of characters. The relationship with the girl Clementine is just done perfectly, this game wouldn't have worked if you didn't find yourself caring for her, and even the most cynical person will find themselves fearing for her safety. All in all, this game had me staying up late at night finishing each chapter because i just HAD to know that everyone would be ok, and also got me into the just as excellent television show (though i must say, surprisingly i feel more for the characters in the game than i do the tv series!) Expand
  89. Apr 27, 2013
    I was skeptical of this game and debating buying it for quite a while. However, my doubts were quickly removed after playing the first Episode that was released for free on Xbox Live which subsequently caused me to go out and buy the full retail version right away! I wouldn't say it is necessary to have watched the Walking Dead TV series or read the comics but I can definitely say the gameI was skeptical of this game and debating buying it for quite a while. However, my doubts were quickly removed after playing the first Episode that was released for free on Xbox Live which subsequently caused me to go out and buy the full retail version right away! I wouldn't say it is necessary to have watched the Walking Dead TV series or read the comics but I can definitely say the game more as a result of loving the show and the parallels between them become apparent the more you play.

This game is truly a unique experience that you really can't experience in another game of this generation. Each character you interact with is very developed and one character in particular you will certainly become more emotionally invested in as the game progresses. Throughout the game you are presented with choices at pretty much every step of the way. Some choices have more of an effect on the game than others. Your character's dialogue options are presented in the form of an on screen prompt which allow you to tailor your responses to the type of character you want to be. On top of that, your choices are also timed, so for the most part you will have a limited amount of time to make a decision. While I suppose you could pause the game to ponder a dialogue option, I feel the game is meant to be played in a way that mimics real life. In reality, choices have to be made quickly and you don't always have the luxury of being able to weigh all the pros and cons. This game encourages you to make quick choices and live with the consequences.

During my playthrough I experienced some technical issues that appear to be only on the retail disc version such as an usual amount of lag at the main screen. This may be as a result of having to pull information from the disc as this game cannot be installed to the hard drive if you purchase the disc version. This issue was more of a minor annoyance rather than a game breaking problem.

Unlike the Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, the Telltale Games series take on the Walking Dead is clearly the definitive Walking Dead experience. I highly encourage anyone who is interested in this game and may be turned off issues such as graphics or the more story driven style of game versus gameplay heavy (such as Left 4 Dead) to give this game a chance. It is a memorable experience that will make you hate that is has to end.
  90. Apr 26, 2013
    Probably the most over hyped game ever. In fact I can't even call it a game. It's a movie where every now and then they make you hit a few buttons. Sure the story is alright (sub par when comparing to the writing of the show) but at the end of the day that's all it has going for it. I found myself slogging through it just to get the achievement points and was completely sick of itProbably the most over hyped game ever. In fact I can't even call it a game. It's a movie where every now and then they make you hit a few buttons. Sure the story is alright (sub par when comparing to the writing of the show) but at the end of the day that's all it has going for it. I found myself slogging through it just to get the achievement points and was completely sick of it before episode 1 even ended. This sums up the game formula perfect, cut scene, click on everything on the screen, cut scene, repeat those steps dozens of time until the end of the game. I "played" the last couple episodes while doing other things like browsing the internet, that's how unlike a game this crap is. Expand
  91. Apr 26, 2013
    Déception totale, jeu annoncé avec les actions du joueur pouvant influencer l'histoire et la suite du jeu....Faux 200%, les choix sont DEJA décidés. Déroulement non logique, peu de liberté au joueur, inter-action limitée avec les PNP et les objets. Avec tout le matériel, la nourriture et toutes les armes en quantité pléthorique dans les magasins et super-marchés aux USA (où est censé seDéception totale, jeu annoncé avec les actions du joueur pouvant influencer l'histoire et la suite du jeu....Faux 200%, les choix sont DEJA décidés. Déroulement non logique, peu de liberté au joueur, inter-action limitée avec les PNP et les objets. Avec tout le matériel, la nourriture et toutes les armes en quantité pléthorique dans les magasins et super-marchés aux USA (où est censé se dérouler l'histoire), il est impossible de croire que le au joueur ne puisse s'armer, se nourrir ou faire démarrer un véhicule: NON SENS dans ce pays. L'épisode du cannibalisme est le plus stupide que j'ai jamais vu, seulement développé pour choquer. Je regrette vraiement cet investissement. Expand
  92. Apr 24, 2013
    Everywhere I look I see a fantastic review for this game, and yeah, the game is good. But was it excellent no? I don't understand why no looks at the gameplay aspect of this game. I mean, yeah, I understand it's a point and click adventure and I didn't go into this game thinking it would be a zombie killing festival, however, I want more out of a game then walk around and pick up stuff.TheEverywhere I look I see a fantastic review for this game, and yeah, the game is good. But was it excellent no? I don't understand why no looks at the gameplay aspect of this game. I mean, yeah, I understand it's a point and click adventure and I didn't go into this game thinking it would be a zombie killing festival, however, I want more out of a game then walk around and pick up stuff.The story was fantastic, I won't deny that. But, also, I found the game to have many technical issues, for example, in action packed moments, the game seemed very rough. So here's my opinion: Story 10/10. Gameplay 3/10. Replay Value 5/10. Level of Fun 5/10. Performance 5/10/ Expand
  93. Apr 16, 2013
    This game is in my opinion, a cult classic in gaming history. No matter who you are, you should play this game. Everything about this game is flawless, original, gripping, perfection. Voice acting was at an all time high for this, your decisions really suck you in and make you pay the consequences. This game has everything...
  94. Apr 15, 2013
    TellTale's the Walking Dead is a true masterpiece. It evokes such emotions you will rarely see in other games. The game is executed perfectly, with minor technical hiccups then and there, but they're overshadowed by the amazing emotions produced in this game. The ending of Episode 5 was so touching, the series is a MUST have for fans of The Walking Dead or point and click action games.
  95. Apr 10, 2013
    this game by a narrative stand point is HUGE. but my two big gripes are 1. there is not very much "game" to it, which does not mean there is not fun parts of it. 2. the decisions you make don't have very different outcomes or happens no matter what you do.
  96. Apr 5, 2013
    I haven't played a game with so much emotional interaction and player's choice as this one in a long time. The game play is rather simple in such a way that you locate objects and interact with them to progress through the game as cutscenes play out. Conversation is also an important role as you and your fellow survivors begin to bond or become antagonists along the way. I've read someI haven't played a game with so much emotional interaction and player's choice as this one in a long time. The game play is rather simple in such a way that you locate objects and interact with them to progress through the game as cutscenes play out. Conversation is also an important role as you and your fellow survivors begin to bond or become antagonists along the way. I've read some who say that there isn't any real player choice, and yet, having to choose who to save and let the other person be eaten is a very profound choice that you'll find yourself making. Considering the price for the overall series and the payoff in entertainment that you'll receive, this game is a must have. Expand
  97. Apr 4, 2013
    Good: Nice Comic Graphics, Intresting Gameplay,Fantastic Story, Good Moral Choices, Actual good Gameplay, Fluid Presentation, A l t of Replayability
    Bad: Some Annoying Glitches, Camera is sometimes at awkward angles, Some Really Annoying Sections.

A Great Game and a Good price For What You Get.
  98. Apr 1, 2013
    First of all would like to say i am not obsessed with the walking dead. I only bought the game because microsoft was having a sale and i heard it was good. At first i felt it might be overhyped but It did not disappoint! If you are looking for a traditional zombie game like resident evil look elsewhere. This is not a shooter and doesn't have any shooter mechanics. The gameplay is simpleFirst of all would like to say i am not obsessed with the walking dead. I only bought the game because microsoft was having a sale and i heard it was good. At first i felt it might be overhyped but It did not disappoint! If you are looking for a traditional zombie game like resident evil look elsewhere. This is not a shooter and doesn't have any shooter mechanics. The gameplay is simple and there are quick time scenes but where this game shines is the story. Its about the people you are traveling with and the way you want your character to act. There are no traditional choices and there is only one ending but the choices you make do change your character. I don't consider that the illusion of choice personally. You might not be able to change your destination but you can change your character and partially how you get there which for me counts. My only complaints are sometimes the game can feel slow but it makes up for it with the story, the surprises that occur from time to time and the choices you make. If your a fan of the show get it if you prefer games with a great story get it, if you want something similar to a shooter horror game you won't find it here but if want something different if your willing to take the chance what you will find is an surprisingly excellent adventure. I wouldn't say it deserved game of the year but it is for sure a great game. Expand
  99. Mar 31, 2013
    This game is one the best to hit the market. It is not like most recent zombie games like Left 4 Dead and Resident Evil. This game not only deals with killing zombies but also the decisions you make with fellow survivors.
    There are QTE's most of the time when killing zombies which the only draw back with that mechanic is the d-pad icon for looking. Whenever you have successive QTE's, the icon will reset or be somewhere else on the screen rather than where you left that.
    The story is amazing and the interactions with the NPC's are important and interesting. You can make friends or enemies with survivors. The decisions you make in the game affect the game play which increases the replay ability. I got this game for $30 at Best Buy and is a great deal. I definitely recommend this game who wants something different than zombie shooters.
  100. Mar 28, 2013
    "The Walking Dead" is a series I am not familiar with and "Telltale" is a game development company I am not familiar with. It's hard to believe that the company who made "Jurassic Park: The Game" made something so brilliant. "The Walking Dead: A Telltale Game" is one of few games that really captures emotion. Most of the gameplay involves choice, and not a huge amount more. In"The Walking Dead" is a series I am not familiar with and "Telltale" is a game development company I am not familiar with. It's hard to believe that the company who made "Jurassic Park: The Game" made something so brilliant. "The Walking Dead: A Telltale Game" is one of few games that really captures emotion. Most of the gameplay involves choice, and not a huge amount more. In something like "Saint's Row: The Third", a choice is deciding whether to have a city income bonus or a new gang member. However, in "The Walking Dead: A Telltale Game", a choice matters. A choice has a permanent effect. You genuinely care for characters you like. You may even feel wrong in feeling responsible for the death of a character you don't like. For a point and click game, this has depth. Characters have personality. Some are kind-hearted and some are just annoying. You must choose who you like most however, because a difficult choice may come unexpectedly. The graphics are unique. They are dark and really give the game a sense of grittiness. They may not be particularly good, but they don't take away from the experience. Minus the choices, gameplay is walking and quick time events. The quick time events are tense and really add to the triumph you feel as you progress through the story. To conclude this review, I would like to share a piece of advice: buy this game! It is just below flawless, but for a €25 ($30 or £20) this is a must buy. Expand
  101. Dec 22, 2012
    The Walking Dead is one of the most amazing, shocking, emotionalising, Imustplaythenextpartnow-ing games you will even play. Some of the episodes are a bit better than others (for me the first, second, fourth and fifth were amazing, and the third was just... Very good). Choices you make in the early portion of the game are reflected even in the last, some choices being better than others,The Walking Dead is one of the most amazing, shocking, emotionalising, Imustplaythenextpartnow-ing games you will even play. Some of the episodes are a bit better than others (for me the first, second, fourth and fifth were amazing, and the third was just... Very good). Choices you make in the early portion of the game are reflected even in the last, some choices being better than others, and you may wish to play the game again to pick all the best choices.

TWD, though fantastic, can also be one of the glitchiest games you will ever play. Many times have all my saves been temporarily reset or just not do what I want, but in the end, the game was well worth it, left me begging for more and made me cry. 10/10 for sure.

1. Edge Magazine
    Jan 29, 2013
    This series offered some of the most memorable hours we spent holding a gamepad during 2012. [Feb 2013, p.102]
  2. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Jan 29, 2013
    A masterclass in how to tell stories in games. [Issue#94, p.80]
  3. Jan 7, 2013
    Engaging, dramatic, touching: The Walking Dead is one of this year's masterpieces. Absolutely a must-have.