4.0

1. Apr 27, 2013
    Playing through this game I maid a mental checklist of just about everything a game could do wrong. Walking Dead Survival Instinct hit on all of them. Invisible walls, check. Horrible AI, check. Awful graphics, double check. Unresponsive guns that feel like a toy, check. Non-fluid animations, check. I could keep going but you get the point. This game is an insult to gamers and thePlaying through this game I maid a mental checklist of just about everything a game could do wrong. Walking Dead Survival Instinct hit on all of them. Invisible walls, check. Horrible AI, check. Awful graphics, double check. Unresponsive guns that feel like a toy, check. Non-fluid animations, check. I could keep going but you get the point. This game is an insult to gamers and the people who buy games. This should have been a $10 novelty game and even at that price it would deserve the scores it's getting. The game is absolutely horrible with the only redeeming quality being that it's the only shooter where you can live in the Walking Dead world. The devs and the Activision knew full fell this game would be horrible and they are doing damage control with user reviews. It's actually worse than Alien Colonial Marines which I didn't think was possible. Hands down worst game of the year and it's pushing worst game of the decade I've played. There is absolutely no reason why this game should exist. It's only there to trick gamers who don't follow review scores into thinking it's good because of the name only and to spend their hard earned money on this game (not even sure it should be called a game.)

Avoid at all costs unless you want to rent to find out just how bad it is for yourself like I did.
  2. Mar 25, 2013
    This game was not even completed! The animations look unfinished, concepts are there but not fully implemented, almost everything seems half-arsed and rushed. There appears to be no optimization at all. Changing screen resolution and graphics options crashes my game to desktop followed by a bunch of error messages. It's as if this was an alpha build and some idiot in charge said,This game was not even completed! The animations look unfinished, concepts are there but not fully implemented, almost everything seems half-arsed and rushed. There appears to be no optimization at all. Changing screen resolution and graphics options crashes my game to desktop followed by a bunch of error messages. It's as if this was an alpha build and some idiot in charge said, "Release this now!", and the developers gave up trying to explain to that person that the game wasn't completed. It should have spent a few more months in development. I don't even care that the graphics aren't the best I've seen, I was just hoping for a game that actually worked and was finished, and had all the ideas FULLY implemented into them that were talked about while it was in development; a game that put me into the walking dead world and was tense. I just hate to have to give a game such a low score, but the fact that it was released like this with a $50 price tag ticks me off, and I want everyone to know that they should avoid buying this game like the plague. I seriously doubt they can fix (finish) this game by releasing a series of patches. It's just awful. The one point I do give it for the fact that they put in RPG elements and the ability to lean to look around corners as well as a few other little things. But these little things that might surprise you and make you say, "hey, that is cool!" are just overshadowed by the gut wrenching fact that they are inside of a big steaming pile of over-priced pooh. Expand
  3. Mar 19, 2013
    This game is actually pretty fun to play. The way that it is setup makes it that way. The limited ammo and use of melee weapons is key to success. The stealth action is a must, and a nice change from the normal run and gun type of games this genre has seen in recent years. The only downside is that the graphics are slightly dated and that there is no co-op or multiplayer (right out ofThis game is actually pretty fun to play. The way that it is setup makes it that way. The limited ammo and use of melee weapons is key to success. The stealth action is a must, and a nice change from the normal run and gun type of games this genre has seen in recent years. The only downside is that the graphics are slightly dated and that there is no co-op or multiplayer (right out of the box at least). Besides that, this game is pretty fun and may even startle you at times. It's definitely worth picking up at only $49.99. Expand
  4. Mar 20, 2013
    Very good game sound,zombie vibe and gameplay is amazing too bad that graphic isnt great but its decent overall this is very good game and it turns better if you like zombies in games
  5. Mar 19, 2013
    I remember when a Dragon Age 2 developer hopped on here to shower praise on their half assed game. Seems alot like what's going on here. reviews that read like a promo cash in. So, show of hands...how many that scored it 10 are employed by Activision, AMC or Terminal Reality? Ya I figured.
  6. Mar 23, 2013
    Gave it a 10 only to show how far modern day journalists are from being objective. Looks like they either didn't played a game, of it's a simple prejudice. The game is an extremely addictive FPS, with survival, scavenging, shooting, exploring, and a nice story and characters. Greatest disappointment is graphics, it looks like some indi-project, but absolutely worth a try.
  7. Mar 24, 2013
    Huge fan of the television series. Unfortunately this game is nowhere near as good as the show or the Telltale game. This is a rushed title trying to cash in on the popularity of the show. The poor graphics wouldn't be a problem if the game had any substance. There's a total of 3 levels that cycle randomly depending where you stop. The zombies have terrible AI, the animations areHuge fan of the television series. Unfortunately this game is nowhere near as good as the show or the Telltale game. This is a rushed title trying to cash in on the popularity of the show. The poor graphics wouldn't be a problem if the game had any substance. There's a total of 3 levels that cycle randomly depending where you stop. The zombies have terrible AI, the animations are horrendous, the voice acting was phoned in and the gameplay is boring.

If this was a $5 alpha build with claims of further development, I might tell friends to take a chance. But this is a full price pile of doodoo, pure rip-off.
  8. Mar 23, 2013
    If the idea of a stealth and melee based zombie game where using a gun is seldom the best option appeals to you, give this game a chance. If you can get past the graphics its a surprisingly good.game and I think the negative reviews are overly harsh.
  9. Apr 8, 2013
    I'm glad I borrowed this game instead of buying it. There is some fun to be had, but it gets highly repetitious very quick. As far as I can tell, there are only about 6 different zombie faces, so get used to bashing/shooting the same 6 zombies over and over.

My biggest complaint about this game is the auto-save feature. It doesn't save until you actually accomplish part of the quest or a side quest. There's been a couple occasions where I had to replay 15 minutes of the game over because of the auto-save.

There are some decent aspects of the game. Deciding which survivors to take with you (although I don't understand the whole having a pickup truck and only being able to choose one survivor...you would think the other survivors wouldn't mind getting in the back of the truck), and choosing which route to take when driving (you choose back roads, street, or highway...you don't actually "drive").

Bottom line, if you don't mind mediocre graphics and endless repetition, then you may really enjoy this game. Otherwise, I highly recommend renting or borrowing from a friend.
  10. Mar 25, 2013
    You know what it's ok. I have been following this for a while and I'm a fan of the show. It never claimed to be the best game of the year and so I guess I never expected that. It just seems like a fun play through of a world based on the show so I got exactly what I wanted. If I only wanted to play COD I would but I like playing games and I enjoyed this. If you like the show andYou know what it's ok. I have been following this for a while and I'm a fan of the show. It never claimed to be the best game of the year and so I guess I never expected that. It just seems like a fun play through of a world based on the show so I got exactly what I wanted. If I only wanted to play COD I would but I like playing games and I enjoyed this. If you like the show and can understand that not all games are created equal then give it a go it's more fun than the trolls seem to all suggest. Afterwards you can buy something else. Expand
  11. Mar 19, 2013
    I love the series and I loved telltale's game so I thought this follow the succes the series is having.
    Well I think it could have been a great game but somewhere in 2004-2005 then. I've seen tons of glitches and bugs in the environment and AI. The grafics feel like i'm playing duke nukem forever again. I think that a lot of people will buy it without knowing anything about this game. It's short, no co-op, no effort at all really.
    Everything has been done a lot better already so this really just is a way to make quick cash abusing the good name of that the walking dead has. I would not recommend this game to anyway, maybe if you get it for free...
  12. Mar 27, 2013
    The Walking Dead is a successful comic that has since been adapted to AMC's hit TV show of the same name. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct focuses on a character who is exclusive to the TV show called Daryl Dixon and is currently a fan favourite. Daryl Dixon started out as a racist redneck who only cared for his own survival, since the second and third series of the TV show, theThe Walking Dead is a successful comic that has since been adapted to AMC's hit TV show of the same name. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct focuses on a character who is exclusive to the TV show called Daryl Dixon and is currently a fan favourite. Daryl Dixon started out as a racist redneck who only cared for his own survival, since the second and third series of the TV show, the character has changed a lot and has attracted a large number of fans.

The game is a prequel to the show and you start out by learning what happened during Daryl's early days during the undead scourge. While there aren't any amazing revelations, you do get a bit more information about the characters and there are some characters that get referenced in passing.

The good things about this game include a solid combat engine and a range of weapons to choose from. While the combat is not quite as good as Dead Island, you can reliably take down Walkers with stealth attacks and later get stronger weapons.

Each melee weapon is different from the speedy but weak hammer to the heavy and slow sledgehammer that can take down walkers in a single hit. In terms of guns you have pistols, shotguns, rifle and of course Daryl's trusty crossbow. You'll want to use the crossbow as much as you can to kill walkers silently and retrieve your crossbow bolts.

Silence is important because walkers pick up on sound a lot. One way you can draw walkers away is by throwing a bottle or a flare in the opposite direction, when they charge towards the noise you slip past them the other way.

As you progress through the game you'll want to pick up food rations, weapons, ammunition and fuel. Fuel is important for making your way across the map on the road sections. Some of these sections will give you a choice, do you move the car stuck on the road or take an alternative route?

One great feature of the game is the survivor management. As you progress in the game, you get access to different survivors. You can only pick up a certain number of survivors, based on the size of your vehicle. While you may sometimes want to save everyone, ultimately you sometimes have to choose a location and hope for the best. Some survivors are also only found on the random encounters and so can be overlooked. It's worth helping them survive since you get a bonus at the end of the game.

Sadly it's not all non-stop fun and there are a few bad points about this game. This game is relentlessly hard, with no difficulty select screen. This means that if you're not careful, you will die many times until you learn how to move around properly and what areas are dangerous to be in. You can sometimes get away from walkers in buildings, but often you can get trapped and face an early demise.

Another gripe with many people is the game length. At most, the campaign mode can be completed in around 5-8 hours. In other games this isn't such a major problem, but since there is no multiplayer or co-operative modes of any kind, it's a big big problem. The ending is also a bit of a let down as it doesn't really fill in any gaps or explain anything of importance.

If you have the option of getting Dead Island then I would suggest that you try that game out first, as it's fairly cheap. Otherwise you could potentially get this game but I would say you should get it cheap, simply because of it's length and problems. It's still pretty fun at times though.
  13. Mar 20, 2013
    If you like the cabela's hunting games then you may like this game. They have similar quality levels. The game is not open world, the environments you do play in are small. I can count the types of loot available on one hand, and the loot that is available is place in obvious places like on tables and desks. The environments are populated by alot of static debris that you can not interactIf you like the cabela's hunting games then you may like this game. They have similar quality levels. The game is not open world, the environments you do play in are small. I can count the types of loot available on one hand, and the loot that is available is place in obvious places like on tables and desks. The environments are populated by alot of static debris that you can not interact with such as empty food containers that look like they should be useable but aren't. The zombies do not drop any loot. The game literally spawns zombies on top of you...on purpose; you will have no zombies around you and once you interact with a quest item...splat 3 zombies right beside you. They even spawn zombies on you right after cut scenes that force you into quicktime events that can kill you if you fail. You can not manually save, and the automatic save points are far apart when you are spend 30 mins trying to be stealthy searching a build and then die. When you die the game reloads at your last automatic save, meaning any items you have picked up and zombies you have kill are respawned. The combat mechanic is a dead island knock off that is poorly executed. You have a knock back attack that does no damage but keeps 1 zombie from attacking you for 1 second, and you have a swing weapon attack. The weapons take three or 4 hits to the face to kill a zombie and depending on your weapon require you to use the knock-back attack between swings. If you get grabbed by a zombie you are put into a quick-time event where you cross-hairs are swaying back and forth on your screen and you have to target the head of the zombie to stab it; you can get grabbed by multiple zombies back to back and they form a queue on you like their trying to by hotdogs. There are no drivable vehicles, driving is done during the loading screens where you get to watch a red line move on a map...weeee. Weapons do not break. Weapons have a set amount of damage with no range on them, so it always takes the same amount of hits to kill a zombie. The Graphics are last generation quality....animations, environments, characters, etc. Expand
  14. Mar 27, 2013
    I made it 30 minutes into this game and quit. Its a horrible cash grab, and deserves to be forgotten in a trash bin. The developers must have droped a load in their pants when TellTale's game started winning awards and they knew they had to come out with this trash with a TWD stamp on it.

Norman Reedus and Michale Rooker, are both amazing actors but this game is sadly not.
  15. Mar 23, 2013
    Whoever rated this anywhere near 10, needs to reconsider their purpose in life. Daikatana and Fable 3 must easily be a 15 if this was a 10. The only good thing about this game is laughing at it with other people. But even if you laugh through it, you will end up feeling depressed and feel the need to bash your head against the wall to forget the tragedy which you someone happened to playWhoever rated this anywhere near 10, needs to reconsider their purpose in life. Daikatana and Fable 3 must easily be a 15 if this was a 10. The only good thing about this game is laughing at it with other people. But even if you laugh through it, you will end up feeling depressed and feel the need to bash your head against the wall to forget the tragedy which you someone happened to play before reading reviews. The ending is a joke and instantly shows that the game wasn't anywhere near finished. There are no feels in this game. Expand
  16. Jul 12, 2013
    There really isn't much to say about this game apart from the fact that it is just plain awful I will start with the graphics which are a big thing nowadays. Even on the outdated Xbox 360 console the graphics are bad. This game looks like it is from the play station 2 old Xbox era and I have seen better graphics on Xbox live arcade games. But that's not the biggest thing for some people isThere really isn't much to say about this game apart from the fact that it is just plain awful I will start with the graphics which are a big thing nowadays. Even on the outdated Xbox 360 console the graphics are bad. This game looks like it is from the play station 2 old Xbox era and I have seen better graphics on Xbox live arcade games. But that's not the biggest thing for some people is it so I'll go say how the story is next If your a big fan of the walking dead like me then I beg you dont buy this game and fall into the trap like me and so many others have done. It's obvious this game was just a money grab and from activision that doesnt suprise me. You may be tempted with it having the dixon brothers in it like me and it also having the actual actors from the show for the voice acting but thats no reason to go and blow your hard earned cash on this crap game. The story is sub-par and doesnt do the show or the dixon brothers the credit and justice they deserve You drive around from place to place with the game actually being scripted I kid you not scripted. When travelling from one destination to another if your hear dialog as you do so you will not I repeat will not find any supplies or have the opportunity to scavenge any places The ending was crappy too and was a huge letdown I managed to scrape through the game and was looking forward to seeing the ending as I thought that would atleast maybe make up for something but it doesnt This game just screams rushed. The gameplay is also very boring too like the story and the zombies are incredibly stupid too you can at times stand behind one for several seconds and they wont even smell you and turn around The zombies also re spawn too when leaving a area and going back Dont buy this game I would suggest renting it at best Expand
  17. Mar 21, 2013
    I really enjoy this game! It's exactly what you want in a horror survival game. It's fun and to the point. This game is not for video game( gamerZzz") elitists, people that LARP or otherwise have no interpersonal social skills. It's a video game for the Everyman who want to slays some bodies.
  18. Mar 21, 2013
    Please. Anyone notice how the high ranked reviews sound suspiciously like they are written by the same people who made the game? few games are beneath contempt, or comment, This one is, partially because such rich source material is wasted...no, INSULTED, by the quality of this game
  19. Jul 13, 2013
    I am a really big fan of The Walking Dead and this game really pissed me off. The game is short, the game play is repetitive, and Merle is barely in the game! The survivors that you can recruit in your group are useless in this game because when you send them to get supplies, they either come with one piece of food that you have to use on them because they get so up, or they die. And theI am a really big fan of The Walking Dead and this game really pissed me off. The game is short, the game play is repetitive, and Merle is barely in the game! The survivors that you can recruit in your group are useless in this game because when you send them to get supplies, they either come with one piece of food that you have to use on them because they get so up, or they die. And the ending is horrible, even though if one of my favorite levels of the game. I blame Activision Expand
  20. Mar 21, 2013
    I'm actually enjoying it as a fan of the series! It's not AAA grade, but it does a good job and I'll give it a 7. It is NOT a FPS. It's really a simulator of the TV show, and stealth is the way to go. I also like that you do not survive if you are rushed by walkers.

Seriously, it's not a 4/10. I'd give it 7/10, and I'm actually loving the game. Nice surprise.
  21. Mar 27, 2013
    This game is utterly terrible, everything in this game is half-assed, from the gameplay to the story to the presentation. Why is it, that most film adaptations have to be THIS bad? And it's also approved by Activision, one of the biggest publishers, this has to be one of the biggest cash in the past few months. This game is a disgrace and absoluitely NO match to the TV-series. It appearsThis game is utterly terrible, everything in this game is half-assed, from the gameplay to the story to the presentation. Why is it, that most film adaptations have to be THIS bad? And it's also approved by Activision, one of the biggest publishers, this has to be one of the biggest cash in the past few months. This game is a disgrace and absoluitely NO match to the TV-series. It appears this game was made for the uninformed peasants who just buy games after the cover and because of the name. This game is a prime example of today's idiocracy in the gaming industry. STAY CLEAR, this game is NOT worth the money. Pirate it if you really want to play it.. Expand
  22. Mar 20, 2013
    the minute I heard this was from Activision, I knew this was gonna be bad. But then again, I could always be proven otherwise, could be fun like L4D2 which is mindless shooting and is still fun: spoiler, it isn't. don't grab this one
  23. Mar 20, 2013
    Good game. As a Walking dead fan I enjoy playing as Derle, learning the ins an outs of the crossbow. As a gamer I was disappointed there wasn't more storyline. The price was 15 bucks too much. Co-op would of been nice, multiplayer would be a mistake. I can't tell you how satisfying it is crushing zombie skulls with a sledge. Because I am a fan of the show I like the game, if you're notGood game. As a Walking dead fan I enjoy playing as Derle, learning the ins an outs of the crossbow. As a gamer I was disappointed there wasn't more storyline. The price was 15 bucks too much. Co-op would of been nice, multiplayer would be a mistake. I can't tell you how satisfying it is crushing zombie skulls with a sledge. Because I am a fan of the show I like the game, if you're not don't bother, just don't. Expand
  24. Mar 23, 2013
    They should rename this title to "The Walking Disappointment". I think its amazing how the leaked trailer that was dismissed by Terminal Reality as not being actual gameplay, but in fact it was an exact representation of the game released! I really wanted this to be something special like TellTales TWD. What this game should of been was a 3rd person open world game! where you can goThey should rename this title to "The Walking Disappointment". I think its amazing how the leaked trailer that was dismissed by Terminal Reality as not being actual gameplay, but in fact it was an exact representation of the game released! I really wanted this to be something special like TellTales TWD. What this game should of been was a 3rd person open world game! where you can go around Atlanta surviving the outbreak in the same way you do in DayZ, but with a proper story mode with emphasise on the bond between the Dixon brothers as they struggle to survive the outbreak. You could have loot-able shops,house's, cars,warehouse's etc, in this game you cant even break a car window or jump over a small fence to go places that look accessible! The Walking Dead isn't going to stop any time soon! so the quick cash in was totally pointless. They should of taken a leaf from TT's book... oh wait you did, you wrote a review about your own game, like TT's self review of Jurassic Park. Expand
  25. Mar 27, 2013
    This game is a prequel to The Walking Dead on AMC which is no doubt an attempt to cash in on the shows popularity. First off let me say this game had some great ideas such as you can send out scavengers to find supplies, and the car breaking down would be a good idea if it wasn't so tedious and boring. The random stops along the roads to get gas, car parts, and move cars was just annoyingThis game is a prequel to The Walking Dead on AMC which is no doubt an attempt to cash in on the shows popularity. First off let me say this game had some great ideas such as you can send out scavengers to find supplies, and the car breaking down would be a good idea if it wasn't so tedious and boring. The random stops along the roads to get gas, car parts, and move cars was just annoying and very location was basically the same layout. The game is extremely short. The first time I beat it, it took me 4 hours. The second and third time only an hour and 45 min. The story, (if there really even is one), was lackluster and did not immerse me into the game. The ending is terrible in my opinion but I will not be specific so I don't spoil it. The gameplay, while being very basic and stale, actually kept me somewhat interested as bad as it was. The executions and melee kills could have been better executed than they where and the gun play was pretty basic. The graphics are bland and lack a creative art direction, and seem as though they were rushed like most Activision games. Overall this game is just a cash grab but if you must try it rent it like I did. I got some easy achievements an didn't have to spend 50 dollars on a bland game. Story 3/10, graphics 4/10, game play 5/10. I give it a 5 overall because it is not unplayable and may be enjoyable for some people. Expand
  26. Mar 19, 2013
    Oh dear...another cash in.

This game is a dreadful FPS. It looks like it was made in 2005 not 2013.

Don't be fooled, this is not on par with the excellent series and looks like the result of a rushed, mess created to satisfy those who moaned that the first walking dead was a point and click.

At the end of the day this game smell of ploppy pants and doesn't deserve your cash.
  27. Mar 20, 2013
    I only picked this up for my enthrallment of the Walking Dead, this kind of killed it a little. I spead ran through the game in 1hr 30mins, the graphics are mediocre at best, the story has it moments but they are few and far between. The $50 new price tag had me skeptical, and now I know why, it is a cash grab before the end of the television season. Needless to say, Gamestop will have anI only picked this up for my enthrallment of the Walking Dead, this kind of killed it a little. I spead ran through the game in 1hr 30mins, the graphics are mediocre at best, the story has it moments but they are few and far between. The $50 new price tag had me skeptical, and now I know why, it is a cash grab before the end of the television season. Needless to say, Gamestop will have an extra copy to sell to a sorry consumer, I am extremely disappointed in this. Expand
  28. Mar 19, 2013
    I don't know how or WHY people expected this to be like Telltale's point and click adventure masterpiece, bought it and then got disappointed afterwards. It's a FPS survival horror and for the most part the game gets it right. The first person combat is fun, the storytelling is decent at best and the game has a somewhat unique art style to it. Visually it isn't really all that impressiveI don't know how or WHY people expected this to be like Telltale's point and click adventure masterpiece, bought it and then got disappointed afterwards. It's a FPS survival horror and for the most part the game gets it right. The first person combat is fun, the storytelling is decent at best and the game has a somewhat unique art style to it. Visually it isn't really all that impressive but it captures the atmosphere of a post-apocalyptic, zombie ridden world quite well and, well it has that ''Walking Dead'' feel overall. All in all it's a great package. Some people coming from Telltale's Walking Dead: The Game are going to be disappointed if they expect a heart twisting story and a emotional story overall. I had fun with it, so should you. Expand
  29. Mar 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It’s hard to hear The Walking Dead and not have high hopes. The comics brought us in, the show pulled us deeper, and Telltale broke our hearts. However after playing about 40 minutes today I can say 100% that if you think this game is as good as it’s name, you’ll be let down. It’s not that it’s a bad game. We just expect more. Activision usually releases such great games but perhaps it’s because this game was not put in very capable developer hands. Terminal Realities just hasn’t been cranking out the hits like it did in the early 2000’s.

The positives? I always enjoy when a game puts resource conservation in my hands. I also enjoy that as I meet survivors I am in charge of what they do while I go scavenging. Do I want my buddy to stay by the car? Hunt for food? Look for guns and ammo? Those are all options. I can save my resources for me or share them with my party. I can heal them or risk them having less than perfect health the next time we meet monsters. You can't pick up everything you see so sometimes there's regrets for leaving a big gun or ammo behind. There’s a certain sense of fear that comes with hand to hand combat and while I detest stealth games, stealth killing is kind of fun here. Personally I found myself never using my rifle and instead fighting with a knife and hammer. Though into Mission 2, I found a nice little hand cannon that became a good friend. I was pretty underwhelmed with combat until I turned on a generator for a guy and was swarmed by 30 zombies. As I frantically climbed onto a gas tanker and watched as it quickly became surrounded I was legitimately afraid. When I jumped and ran for my group there’s was a small moment where I could have died and that was a good moment. I hope that there will be more moments like this as the game progresses. It definitely gets more interesting when the world goes a little darker and you've got nothing but your flashlight to light your way. Lets discuss the negatives. The graphics are subpar for a 2013 game. It was like they weren’t even trying. You’ll see the same zombies over and over again as you walk through farms, forests and trailer parks. So far the story just seems to be get gas, go further south and look for your family. Typical zombie tropes are relevant. Gunshots bring more zombies. One bite ends your life. Be careful not to get cornered, don’t alert more than 2 or 3 at a time or your going to have to be crafty to get away. Overall against the many other zombie FPS out there, it’s not a horrendous game. I find it as equally interesting as Dead Island and a bit more forgiving than ZombieU. I could look at it separately from canon if the game didn’t rely SO heavily on the TV show to sell it. Using the score from the show and Michael Rooker and Norman Reedus as voice actors keep the show in the back of my mind while playing. Which reminds me that I have yet to experience any story or plot, which is what I’ve enjoyed about Robert Kirkmans creation to begin with. Survival Instincts major flaw is that it never rises above being average, and will more than likely end up just another zombie FPS on the shelf. But it was decent which is why I gave it a 7. I will more than likely finish this game.
  30. Mar 19, 2013
    Instead of just talking about how great this game is, I'm going to list my personal Pros & Cons about the game.

Pros: Its a FPS Walking Dead game where you play as Daryl Its more of a realistic zombie game where every zombie doesn't swarm you unless you make a lot of noise or seen by them. Norman Reedus & Michael Rooker both did an amazing job with their voice-overs Like the

Pros:
    Its a FPS Walking Dead game where you play as Daryl
    Norman Reedus & Michael Rooker both did an amazing job with their voice-overs
    Like the Telltale Games TWD game, there is choice & consequence
    You meet other survivors, some of which join you.
    You can tell which survivors to perform specific tasks to find resources while you do the main mission
    There have been times where the game will catch me off guard and actually make me jump

Cons:
    You don't get to drive the car(s)
    You can't restart checkpoints
    At times, you can end up getting overwhelmed by zombies a bit too quickly

In the end though, I have been thoroughly enjoying this game. Activision & Terminal Reality did a very good job on it in my personal opinion.

1. May 28, 2013
    With the success of Telltale Games’s arcade game, there were high hopes for this full-fledged retail title. As it happens you would be best off saving your pennies for the already announced sequel to the arcade title as Survival Instinct will leave you with bitter feelings towards The Walking Dead series. Unless you are an absolute nutter for anything to do with The Walking Dead, your money will be best spent elsewhere.
  2. May 20, 2013
    It's as if the developer simply ceased to care, or ran out of time, or both. Who knows? What we do know is that Terminal Velocity has crafted something truly loathsome and undeserving of its heritage. [Issue#135, p.108]
  3. May 9, 2013
    Archaic design spoils good ideas in this shoddy squandering of one of the hottest licenses going. [June 2013, p.74]