8.3

1. Apr 23, 2012
    This game is very good. The story is extremely engrossing. The combat is difficult but very fun. Everything about this game makes it one of my favorites of all time.
  2. Apr 24, 2012
    Fantastic game.Best RPG ever.Really beautiful graphics.The story is extremely engrossing,The Witcher 2 is the most amazing rpg I've played.If you have a Xbox 360 and you want to have a good game, with excellent graphics, terrific history and more of 100 hours of entertainment.
  3. May 4, 2012
    This is a condensed version of my review, just to get it to fit on metacritic. Please read the full review at www.veterangamers.co.uk
    Attention fellow gamers, man your Xbox, and don your poop socks! This game is epic.

As I was driving to work yesterday, I caught myself actually falling asleep at the wheel. I spilled coffee all over my crotch and that didnâ
  4. May 7, 2012
    The first thing that struck me about the Witcher 2 was the complex menu system. I wasn't too surprised in the beginning considering that every new RPG that I've played took a little getting use to before accessing the menu to become second nature, but with this game I was still turned around trying to navigate my way through the inventory, journals and potion making right to the very endThe first thing that struck me about the Witcher 2 was the complex menu system. I wasn't too surprised in the beginning considering that every new RPG that I've played took a little getting use to before accessing the menu to become second nature, but with this game I was still turned around trying to navigate my way through the inventory, journals and potion making right to the very end of the game. The menu looks like it still accommadates a mouse rather than a controller. That's really the biggest issue I have with the game. I liked the combat as it reminded me of Fable's speed and flourishing and not the usual weightless fighting that most other RPG's display. The story was one of the best that I have had the privilege to play out, although it did seem rather short. Being an RPG veteran, I usually know how to manage sidequests to get the full playability of a game. But in this one I seemed to stumble upon the mainquest unintentionally, thereby, locking my sidequest out and moving on to the next chapter. After playing it once through, I feel I can go back and stay away from the mainquest in order to experience the full game, but I would have preferred to have done that in the first play through. I don't need to say anything about how great the artwork and graphics are in this game because its screen shots speak for themselves. The voice acting is topnotch even for the minor characters and nondescript townspeople in the game. I appreciate the obvious care and effort the developers put into this game and feel all companies should reach this standard the CDprojeckt has shown. Too bad this game didn't have a censor option to avoid the gratuitous vulgarity and nudity because I was limited to certain times to play this game for the reason I have small children in the house. Very good game but it didn't leave me blown away like I thought it was going to. Expand
  5. Apr 28, 2012
    This is the greatest game I have ever played in my entire life. Though to be honest I played the game on my high end PC, I have almost played the game more than 50 times and its still not boring.

Witcher 2 really deserves a 10/10 score, CDPROJECKT has also provided the enhanced edition patch for FREE (Thank you so much guys, you are the most coolest dev out there). The Enhanced Edition brings with it a bunch of side quests that were not available with the PC version. I'm currently biting my nails for the Witcher 3 Which I doubt would at least take 2 more years due to the independent and non- linear plot of the second game..

My best wishes to CDprojekt.
  6. May 4, 2012
    Please just let me tell you few important things. It is one of the best RPG productions that have ever been released. Great, great story what is probably the most important part of that kind of game. Decision making is incredible because finally, you are able to play your game how you want and create your own story. Game play is made so nice and friendly on the console version. Graphics,Please just let me tell you few important things. It is one of the best RPG productions that have ever been released. Great, great story what is probably the most important part of that kind of game. Decision making is incredible because finally, you are able to play your game how you want and create your own story. Game play is made so nice and friendly on the console version. Graphics, physics and the general climate of the game will make you donâ Expand
  7. May 12, 2012
    that is nice game The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition i has been finished, i have difficult way,just shared the good trainer i used THE WITCHER 2 Assassins Of Kings +6 Trainer games at cheatncode.com enjoy for fun dude
  8. May 15, 2012
    This game was just amazing. It has been a long time since ive played a game more than once within one week of beating it. The graphics were damn beautiful, the gameplay was fluid and near perfect with a hiccup once in a blue moon, and the story was just freaking amazing. It had such good character development, if you chose Iorveths path, and it really made you feel as if the charactersThis game was just amazing. It has been a long time since ive played a game more than once within one week of beating it. The graphics were damn beautiful, the gameplay was fluid and near perfect with a hiccup once in a blue moon, and the story was just freaking amazing. It had such good character development, if you chose Iorveths path, and it really made you feel as if the characters Iorveth and Roche were your buddies, or you wished they were real people you could be-friend. The game is truly deserving of the M rating so kids beware or youll be playing with little chubs throughout the game lol. I loved the game so much i even bought Geralts outfit for my xbox live avatar. the story was freaking amazing as many of the choices you made had severe repercussions if you didnt think them through, I did 2 play through's so far, one in normal difficulty and the second one in Dark difficulty. Its no Skyrim in terms of you can explore for days but where it does beat Skyrim is in the story. This is one of those games that has to be played. With all that said, go buy it or borrow it from a friend and then go buy it. If you let your self get immersed into the world of the witcher 2, you will want to see all 16 endings.

Hope this review helped some of you decide to get it :D
  9. Apr 24, 2012
    Witcher 2 is a game in which you play. Personally, I'm not a fan of RPGs but this game is a championship. Great graphics, brilliant storyline and characters. With this game you start to realize how brilliant the game with RPG.
  10. Apr 24, 2012
    I have given The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings:
    A technical score of 85/100
    A personal score of 10/10

Fore more details and the full reviews, please go to the following link
  11. Aug 4, 2012
    One of (if not the best) role-playing experiences on any console.

The storytelling is excellent and the character has meaningful choices and consequences (moreso than any recent RPG in memory). In fact, the entire 2nd half of the game is different based on a decision you make around the half-way point. The controls take some getting used to, especially combat. However, I found it
    One of (if not the best) role-playing experiences on any console.

The controls take some getting used to, especially combat. However, I found it more in the vein of easy to learn difficult to master than poorly thought out or alien.

The M rating is well deserved, and the mature subjects are dropped in just to show TNA, rather are dispersed in all the right places at the right time as you advance the story.

The world is not open world, but there are many more exploration options, side quests, etc. than one typically finds in a Bioware game that is not open world.

I really enjoyed this game, and recommended it to a friend who returned it in 3 hours. I suspect this is a game with very little middle ground. According to the user score distribution, that holds up.

To me, this really felt like a mature Baldurs Gate done in 3D.

Graphics are very well done (textures, color palette, animations).
    Sound is good, but some of the dialog mixes were under mic'd.
    Controls for the most part become intuitive pretty quickly.

The arena is a great place to hone your skills as you consider playing through on Dark (hardcore) mode.

Support companies like CDProjektRed! We need more games like this.

I know I, for one, will be pre-ordering cyberpunk for xbox 360 as soon as humanly possible.

Well-done CDPR!
  12. May 22, 2012
    An incredible RPG that felt different, apparently hard to do these days. For those expecting open world, don't. For those expecting new game +, don't. If you have a bit of time to learn the combat, I played through on easy first playthrough then Dark difficulty, give it a try. Buy it, rent it, steal it.
  13. Oct 4, 2012
    One of the best game worst every cent i've paid. Great story, great char develpment, great combat system and many more. Great games make u fully immense into it and feel for the character in the games. This game does it.
  14. May 6, 2012
    The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings took a leap and set out to make an adventure not only worth of every RPG lover's while, but every fast action packed sword play admirers. With solid non-linear story telling, unique sword play and fluid controls, astonishing original sound track and amazingly rendered backgrounds and memorable characters and dialog choices, it is truly a game of excellentThe Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings took a leap and set out to make an adventure not only worth of every RPG lover's while, but every fast action packed sword play admirers. With solid non-linear story telling, unique sword play and fluid controls, astonishing original sound track and amazingly rendered backgrounds and memorable characters and dialog choices, it is truly a game of excellent and genuine role playing experience. Expand
  15. May 6, 2012
    The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition XBOX 360 â
  16. Aug 29, 2013
    Quick, re-review.

Great game, but takes some getting into and hard work to get to the nitty gritty goodness. Buy it and follow my advice to enjoy it the most - 1) When answering questions in the Dungeon about what happened do it in order, from top to bottom. Otherwise you play out the prologue in an order which makes no sense and throws you for the rest of the game. 2) You get
    Quick, re-review.

Buy it and follow my advice to enjoy it the most -

2) You get the choice of two paths, without doubt one is far more interesting than the other IMO so create a save before you make this choice (it's towards the end of chapter one and *minor spoiler* it's when you choose between an elf or a King's bodyguard), and don't be afraid to restart from that save if you find the path you chose boring.

3) If you get to the end of Chapter 1 and things aren't making sense, quit, take a breather for a few days/weeks, and start the game again understanding all the terminology/people/events goes a long way to making the game enjoyable.
  17. May 29, 2012
    Despite the fact this game came out with little fanfare,make no mistake,this is a top tier game! In fact its easily among the best RPG's ever made.It has such a rich world in the game,but then it is based on the novels.The game has a good story along with your usual side quests you get in RPG's.Like Skyrim,the game has a very deep character customisation system that you will have to workDespite the fact this game came out with little fanfare,make no mistake,this is a top tier game! In fact its easily among the best RPG's ever made.It has such a rich world in the game,but then it is based on the novels.The game has a good story along with your usual side quests you get in RPG's.Like Skyrim,the game has a very deep character customisation system that you will have to work at for a long time to get anywhere on,but becomes so satisfying when your character starts to become more & more deadly as a result.Unlike most RPG's the enemys dont annoyingly level up with you,so you really start to feel the benefits of leveling up & getting more skills,but you'll still run into newer tougher enemies later on.Its satisfying though when you start beating enemies quite easily that were quite difficult earlier on in the game.Its a good basis for comparison for how your character is actually coming on.The game has dialog choices that can effect the story,but the real star of the show,suprisingly for this kind of game,is the combat.I cant stress enough how satisfying the combat IS in this game,parltly due to the satisfying melee combat,but also all the options open to you in combat.The combat is very reminiscent of Jade Empire & Assassins Creed,which anyone who's played those games will know,have excellent combat.It involves a very considered,tactical pace that requires you to be aware of where you are,whats around you,& where all the enemies are,as you move around,using your blocking & carefully timing your attacks & counter attacks(with various types of weapon,but you also have your silver sword to swith to & use for those monster class enemies).But thats just the melee combat.I mentioned that theres many other aspects in combat.In combat.Before combat,a Witcher(which is what you are,part of an elite guild of proffessional monster hunters thats been mutated & trained to fight monsters since you were a child)often prepares before beforehand.You can boost your stats up in various areas for quite some time by mixing(or buying)& drinking potions,putting oils & poisions on your weapons,& in combat itself,you have a wide array of tools at your disposal.On top of your standard attacks,you have traps & bombs that you can put on the ground/throw(which are easier to use than it sounds),ranged weapons & throwing daggers,special melee moves & a good selection of spells to employ,as as making enemies attack eachother,set them on fire,stun them allowing you to use cool execution moves,to spells of protection.Make no mistake,Witchers are very capable,& with all these options open to you in combat,it never gets old,trust me.
    If you've ever played a game,that is a long game,but also has combat that plays like an absolute dream,games like Mass Effect or Jade Empire,then you'll have an idea of the kind of game this is.The kind of game that you're glad is a long game,because you dont want it to end.This is one of those games.This game is highly polished & is RPG & combat system perfection,with a good story to boot,Hence my perfect 10.
  18. Aug 26, 2012
    The Witcher 2 on the xbox 360 is a fantastic game with a few rough edges and flawed game mechanics that prevent it from achieving greatness. It is a compelling western RPG with a deep involving story, interesting characters and good combat mechanics. The Witcher 2 story is very politically driven with lots of characters vying for power and many Kingdom's well being being staked on yourThe Witcher 2 on the xbox 360 is a fantastic game with a few rough edges and flawed game mechanics that prevent it from achieving greatness. It is a compelling western RPG with a deep involving story, interesting characters and good combat mechanics. The Witcher 2 story is very politically driven with lots of characters vying for power and many Kingdom's well being being staked on your decisions. It is epic in scale and every important character got an interesting agenda and back story. I've never played the original Witcher and the story has left me confused a few times. It does not all add up until the very end, then it all just clicks and you understand the political drama that is unfolding. Still I did not need to play the original Witcher for everything to piece together so its okay to just jump straight into the second game.

The combat is challenging but ultimately every battle ends up feeling all too familiar. Throughout the whole game, I ended up rolling away from enemies, waiting for them to attack so I can counter when their defenses were down. Occasionally, I blocked and parry especially for shielded soldiers. It can be involving and deep and rewards patience. I'm sure different playstyles are reward depending on the skills you allocate points into. I was a swordsman so I relied primarily on rolling and attacking. I have a problem with the way potions works in this game. You can not use it during a fight, so everything must be drink before a big battle. This really diminishes the value of potions and rewards reloading before a major fight to buff Geralt up. This mechanic really takes away from the fun spontaneous nature of combat and rewards root memorization of when key fights will take place.

I have a few qualms with the Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2. First of the inventory and looting system is cumbersome and unintuitive. You can not loot individual items from a corpse, box or crate. This means you often must pick up all the items from a corpse or box and go into your inventory to drop worthless heavy junk. There is also a lack of a quickscroll button, so once your inventory fills up, you wil be force to scroll a large list of items to potentially find what you are searching for. The player cannot even sort the inventory by name or weight. Your items list will just be a random mess. The map and navigation system is also broken, many time leaving the player confused on where to go. The arrow on the minimap points in a general direction with no regards for terrain or obstacle. This often means if you'll following it, you'll be running into a dead end more often than not. The map does not name key locations and you can not even navigate around it. It has left me confused on more than one occasion.

Graphically the game is on par with a medium, lowish pc graphic setting. It still looks amazing, there is just lower resolution textures, more pop ins, less draw distant etc. Of course the most high end PC will end up blasting the Xbox 360 version out of the ballpark, but then again you would not be checking out a Xbox review if you had just a PC rig. This is for the poor blokes like me who has to settle for less.

Despite all its flaw, The Witcher 2 is still a fantastic game. Old school western RPG fans who enjoyed Baldur's Gate, Fallout, Planescape Torment etc. should feel right at home playing the Witcher 2. The Wicher 2 is best experience on a PC. Pick it up for the xbox if you do not have a PC capable of running it, otherwise stick to the PC version for optimum gameplay and graphical experience.
  19. May 14, 2013
    Fantastic game. One of the best RPG experiences iv ever had. If your looking for something deep, mature, and engrossing, this is a must. Great storytelling, great characters, great combat with some tactical parts to it, great world. 10/10 from me.
  20. May 31, 2012
    The Witcher has finally arrived on consoles, and what great game! ... I have played both witchers on the pc and I loved every bit of it. So, basicly, as a witcher fan, I gave it a try on the xbox 360... and god, they actually pulled it off. ... POSITIVES: - Fluent but challenging combat. - Potion-system (prepare for battle in different ways) - Great story and characters. - Crafting system.The Witcher has finally arrived on consoles, and what great game! ... I have played both witchers on the pc and I loved every bit of it. So, basicly, as a witcher fan, I gave it a try on the xbox 360... and god, they actually pulled it off. ... POSITIVES: - Fluent but challenging combat. - Potion-system (prepare for battle in different ways) - Great story and characters. - Crafting system. - Lore and locations. - Different ways to finish quests and the main story. - New tutorial system! ... NEGATIVES: - A few graphical hickups. Not many customisations character-wise (look) ... CONCLUSION: - The Witcher 2 on the xbox 360 is a great game. From combat that's entertaining and rewarding, to the complexity but interesting world that shapes according to the choices you make. ... Superb. Expand
  21. Dec 30, 2013
    Great story, solid gameplay, and appreciated mature themes. This is the type of game those of us who grew up playing Nintendo and Sega console games have been waiting for. Movie-quality story, adult themes, occasional nudity, bloody and gore. It's as good as your favorite action-adventure movie. Fantastic voice acting, characters you grow to care about, and terrific pacing. The menu systemGreat story, solid gameplay, and appreciated mature themes. This is the type of game those of us who grew up playing Nintendo and Sega console games have been waiting for. Movie-quality story, adult themes, occasional nudity, bloody and gore. It's as good as your favorite action-adventure movie. Fantastic voice acting, characters you grow to care about, and terrific pacing. The menu system can be clunky at times, but for an overall gaming experience, this one is hard to beat. Without question, belongs in the same tier of action RPG games as the KOTOR franchise, Mass Effect, and Fallout 3. CD Projekt Red has created a gaming experience. Anxiously awaiting the third in the trilogy. Expand
  22. Sep 5, 2012
    I have the enhanced version for the xbox 360.Great story,acting and a challenging combat system where grinding for levels doesn't help you much.First play through the boss battles and the death screen can be pretty aggravating...The last chapter is pretty short but the story begs for another play through since there are at least 2 very different paths to travel from chapter 2 onward.TheI have the enhanced version for the xbox 360.Great story,acting and a challenging combat system where grinding for levels doesn't help you much.First play through the boss battles and the death screen can be pretty aggravating...The last chapter is pretty short but the story begs for another play through since there are at least 2 very different paths to travel from chapter 2 onward.The journal/crafting menu took a bit to get used to but holds a lot of detail.The game does make you work a bit to find good armor and weapons as well.The story has many twists and takes some time to to figure out other characters motives.All in all a great RPG that doesn't feel like another (a Fable 2,Oblivion knockoff),great story, great voice acting with very good graphics and music. Expand
  23. May 21, 2012
    Where should I start... The Witcher 2 is a massive game in terms of it lore and general setting. The graphics are devine and I was constantly astounded at the efforts that where put into it, down to the smallest details. The story is rich (perhaps a bit too rich but I'll get to that) and engaging and pushes you as a player to reveal more and more of the plot. The voice acting is top notchWhere should I start... The Witcher 2 is a massive game in terms of it lore and general setting. The graphics are devine and I was constantly astounded at the efforts that where put into it, down to the smallest details. The story is rich (perhaps a bit too rich but I'll get to that) and engaging and pushes you as a player to reveal more and more of the plot. The voice acting is top notch and totally believable however some of the random NPCs can get a little old in their chatter if you hang around too long in one area. The fighting was for the most part challenging on a normal difficulty but you always felt confident that should you fail you where the one who could improve your strategy and not that the game had simply let you down. If I had to fault one thing it would be the amount of detail the play has to remember, this can be a little hard if you are like me and terrible with names and such. I found myself having to occasionally refer to my Journal to reference who I had just spoke to or spoken about. The plots are deep and very entangled and this can be a little confusing form time to time and to be honest I often wondered why I was doing this or that task (it's almost as if you are afraid to stop playing for too long in-case you forget what was happening). All in all it is a stunning game and if you're willing to put some effort into indulging into the world of Gerald the Witcher you will walk away pumped for the next chapter in the story! Expand
  24. Jan 22, 2013
    Phenomenal game with a wonderful story and top-notch voice acting. I can't recommend it enough....with one warning - it has some absurdly awkward & unnecessary CG nudity & sex. Thats the only reason I've deducted a point and if the game had been released without the ridiculous CG boob-jiggling doggy -style action it'd be an easy 10 out of 10.
  25. Feb 12, 2013
    The Witcher 2 is a fantastic RPG. The combat system is a little awkward, but this awkwardness disapears after the prologue (which is my only real problem due to the fact the prologue seems to be the hardest point in the game). One your used to it, the combat system rarely is a problem. The leveling system is very simple, but gives the player enough customization without too muchThe Witcher 2 is a fantastic RPG. The combat system is a little awkward, but this awkwardness disapears after the prologue (which is my only real problem due to the fact the prologue seems to be the hardest point in the game). One your used to it, the combat system rarely is a problem. The leveling system is very simple, but gives the player enough customization without too much complexity. The story and writing is magnificent. And no, the story is not mature because there is tons of swearing and nudity. It is mature because it actually is mature. People saying its not actually mature just don't realise the people who swear like a dum 14 year old are supposed to be extremely stupid mercenaries. The game also throws lots of major story affecting choices that are the really good type of choice of "Every option to choose is bad, just in a different way" which games like Mass Effect 2 did sometimes and the lack of those kind of choices is what ruined games like the Fable series. The game has extremely bad scaling on its difficulty tho, early on the game is insane, while later on the game becomes pretty easy with random spikes. The graphics for console are pretty damn good, although if you don't install the game, the load times a bit annoying and the texture pop in is silly bad. These are both fixed when you install the game with load times of about 4 seconds and barely noticable pop in. There is also a strange fade to black when switching menus in the menu system, which seems to serve no purpose aside from a effect (its on PC as well, so it cant be due to slow loading) and simply slow down the menus. The loot system is both good and bad, its good you can just run through and loot 15 containers in 5 seconds, its bad you end up not seeing what you picked up and encumbering yourself. But in the end, this is a great game with a few minor flaws that I highly recommend. Expand
  26. May 13, 2013
    Simply amazing game. Combines depth of its predecessor with greatly improved combat and character development systems. The only shortcomings are occasional bugs and the length of the game it's much shorter than the first installment (hence the 9, not 10). Best console RPG since Dragon Age: Origins.
  27. Sep 26, 2012
    The first Witcher game was merely alright, but the sequel has improved upon its predecessor in almost every single aspect. For instance, the production values now are through the roof. The UI is sleek, the graphical fidelity and art direction is astonishing, and the sound quality is overall very good indeed. Engaging in combat is a blast, even though it can be a wee bit unresponsive atThe first Witcher game was merely alright, but the sequel has improved upon its predecessor in almost every single aspect. For instance, the production values now are through the roof. The UI is sleek, the graphical fidelity and art direction is astonishing, and the sound quality is overall very good indeed. Engaging in combat is a blast, even though it can be a wee bit unresponsive at times. Finally, there's the story, which is riveting from beginning to end. It may be somewhat difficult to comprehend at times, as there are a great lot of names to remember, but it's superb nonetheless. The player is forced to make truly difficult decisions throughout the journey too; decisions which aren't all black and white. If you only plough through the game once, it'll last you about 40 hours, but it has sufficient replay value, as the choices you make have huge impact on how the story unfolds. Overall, I can heartily recommend The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings to anyone looking for a great RPG experience. Expand
  28. Dec 12, 2012
    This is easily the best RPG today. Period. It does almost everything right and offers a dense and immersive experience for at least 30-40 hours. I loved the mature dialogue style and the freedom of decision in the story line.
  29. Apr 28, 2013
    This is a very adult RPG with a great story and incredible graphics. All of the dialogue is well written and the voice acting helps pull you in to the world that they have created. The swordplay is fun, it reminds me a little of the combat system in the assassins creed games. Magic is implemented well in this game and is not overpowered. All around this is one of the best RPGs thatThis is a very adult RPG with a great story and incredible graphics. All of the dialogue is well written and the voice acting helps pull you in to the world that they have created. The swordplay is fun, it reminds me a little of the combat system in the assassins creed games. Magic is implemented well in this game and is not overpowered. All around this is one of the best RPGs that I've played, and I've played several. If you haven't played it yet you should give it a try. Expand
  30. Sep 28, 2012
    This game (and the original) took me by surprise. They had a lot of flaws (inventory management, slow loading, bizarre act IV in witcher I, not much replay value), almost all of which I forgive because I am in love with the games. They are on the list of my top 5 favorite games. 9/10 instead of 10/10 since I've spoken with enough people to know that this game doesn't do for everyone whatThis game (and the original) took me by surprise. They had a lot of flaws (inventory management, slow loading, bizarre act IV in witcher I, not much replay value), almost all of which I forgive because I am in love with the games. They are on the list of my top 5 favorite games. 9/10 instead of 10/10 since I've spoken with enough people to know that this game doesn't do for everyone what it, for reasons I find hard to identify, did for me. If you liked this game, consider: The Witcher, Mass Effects, and Planescape Torment. Expand
  31. Oct 11, 2012
    I'll get it out of the way now: it looked amazing! The world was created in a very beautiful way but simultaneously in a way that made it feel real and dark. I was a little concerned with the story line from the beginning but it quickly picked up and became more engaging after escaping the prison with Roche. From a story standpoint I really like the direction they took it and the openingI'll get it out of the way now: it looked amazing! The world was created in a very beautiful way but simultaneously in a way that made it feel real and dark. I was a little concerned with the story line from the beginning but it quickly picked up and became more engaging after escaping the prison with Roche. From a story standpoint I really like the direction they took it and the opening line of **** off" more then set the tone for whose shoes I would be filling and what can of a BAMF I would be. The main characters all seemed to have a immense depth and most of the side characters had rich stories. The lore is absolutely one of the strongpoints in the Witcher. The combat was really a huge shocker for me. After playing FPS, then moving to something like Skyrim, then Batman, I feel like man hands would adapt fair quickly to any control scheme. The button mapping seemed confusing and nonsensical during the early hours but after getting used to the challenge became the combat. I wouldn't go so far as to argue that the combat was difficult, but it did take some getting-used-to. It seemed like the combat would have been easier if I knew about the crafting or if that was stressed as the way to go about playing. Along with crafting I never touched throwing knives, traps, or bombs. There is an insane amount of random useless objects in this game and I felt like the loot was pretty useless. Killing people never really brought great loot and was only really an ends to a mean. That being said, getting into fights was sweet because it required that you actually think about the fighting and your position. The array of NPC species was really outstanding and I felt as if I was running into a species every 30 minutes or less and every couple of minutes I would see a character I had never seen before. They really did use a lot of unique resources and it helped a lot with immersion. Everything felt like it was done right and not rushed, and I appreciate that they did not try to make the world extremely huge and instead focused on making a small area really great. Overall the quality of this game is top notch through and through and is definitely something that I will jump back into later on down the road to try the completely different story path. Expand
  32. Nov 21, 2012
    Overall i would say this was a polished rpg. The setting is brilliant as you would expect from a game based on a book series. The graphics are some of the best i have seen on an xbox. The characters are all believable, even down to the whores and soldiers. It is gritty and definitely not for kids. It has a unique potion system where you cannot take potions during a fight. This is no skyrimOverall i would say this was a polished rpg. The setting is brilliant as you would expect from a game based on a book series. The graphics are some of the best i have seen on an xbox. The characters are all believable, even down to the whores and soldiers. It is gritty and definitely not for kids. It has a unique potion system where you cannot take potions during a fight. This is no skyrim where you can drink 50 potions in a fight. You need to think tactical at all times. The choices you make in the game have consequences later on, even to the extent where the whole second chapter changes depending upon whose sid
    The game does have a few issues though. Considering this is the first game on 360, there is surprisingly little to explain the story at the start. Even the journal doesnt give many clues as to what is going on. This holds the game back from being a classic. However with that said, by the end i was totally engrossed in the storyline. Its not open world but it is one of the best rpg which doesn't fall into the trap of being a generic dungeons and dragons style adventure. A great achievement from Cd projekt which is just slightly marred by it throwing the player in at the deep end. Stick with it though, because it is good.
  33. Feb 1, 2013
    For an independent developer this is really a surprisingly good RPG. This is perhaps the only game I can put almost on par with Dragon Age. Graphically it is utterly gorgeous. Combat is fun, but also (relatively) realistic and not just a random button masher. The lore is also pretty engaging and it is nice that they finally release an RPG that is aimed at adults. It is told with an adultFor an independent developer this is really a surprisingly good RPG. This is perhaps the only game I can put almost on par with Dragon Age. Graphically it is utterly gorgeous. Combat is fun, but also (relatively) realistic and not just a random button masher. The lore is also pretty engaging and it is nice that they finally release an RPG that is aimed at adults. It is told with an adult audience in mind (not just the mature content.) Perhaps my only real criticism is that it is over too soon. I wish it had been a bit longer as it really does a fantastic job of pulling you in and immersing you in the world. I'm not saying the game is short, it's not. I also really loved the fact that the choices you make really do have different outcomes and progress the game in an almost completely different direction. At one point it almost felt like 2 different stories. Overall a fantastic game and I really hope they continue with this series. Expand
  34. Dec 30, 2012
    This game is amazing. Plan and simple. I almost wrote it off after finishing the tutorial as the tutorial was obnoxious...it constantly interrupts you with extremely annoying prompts and while I understand and appreciate that those prompts are teaching the game mechanics, they're handled in such a poor, jarring way that I stopped playing about a week.

I picked it back up and I'm SO glad

I picked it back up and I'm SO glad I did. Once the actual game starts, it's an absolute blast! Combat is so fluid and natural--and FUN. This game is amazingly deep and complex and that's highlighted by the fact that the inventory has like 18 screens on it. It's daunting at first but quickly makes sense and feels pretty natural.

The story is gripping and despite not having played the first game, I find myself completely sucked in and wanting to know what's going to happen next.

The graphics are gorgeous. The world feels alive and you can really tell all the time and care they put into crafting a believable world.

This game is what the Elder Scrolls series has attempted (and failed so hard, so many times) to be. I cannot wait to finish this game (only about halfway through chapter two at the moment) and see how it ends. I hope The Witcher 3 comes out simultaneously on Xbox!
  35. Jul 1, 2014
    I had heard a lot about this game and after seeing the Witcher 3 on E3, I just could resist any more.
    And I got what I hoped. This game is one of the best of the past generation.
    I avoided it cause I hate RPGs, but couldn't resist the awesome story. Game of Thrones meets Mass Effect in a very EPIC way. The gameplay has so many aspects and all of them are well refined as are all the
    And I got what I hoped. This game is one of the best of the past generation.
    I avoided it cause I hate RPGs, but couldn't resist the awesome story.
    Game of Thrones meets Mass Effect in a very EPIC way.
    The gameplay has so many aspects and all of them are well refined as are all the features.
    Even the puzzles, even the small details, even the recipes... everything is pretty well made so as to serve a purpose and make it meaningful.

The story is probably one of the best in the history of video games and is pretty mature giving you choices that matter and that feel very "grey". We await the arrival of Geralt next Feb ten times more hyped.
  36. Jan 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. you guys do not know who criticize criticize so talk **** on this site who do not have good content so the game knows criticize without reason or a **** Expand
  37. Jan 27, 2013
    Witcher 2 is a gorgeous game. Stunning visuals, amazingly versatile story and incredible characters that creates an immersive heaven. If you're a fan of RPG, you probably already know about this game and for a new comer to the genre get this for a great experience. CD Projekt really impressed me with this follow up to the original Witcher (PC) and did the books justice.
  38. Mar 22, 2013
    The Witcher 2 took me a little bit of getting used to in order to fully dive in, but once the game had me I was hooked. Geralt is still rather stoic but has a lighter, comedic, edge to him this time around. The game looks beautiful and the combat is original and fun. The game just feels so different then any other action-rpg out there. A few minor things to keep the game from getting aThe Witcher 2 took me a little bit of getting used to in order to fully dive in, but once the game had me I was hooked. Geralt is still rather stoic but has a lighter, comedic, edge to him this time around. The game looks beautiful and the combat is original and fun. The game just feels so different then any other action-rpg out there. A few minor things to keep the game from getting a perfect 10 would be the bugs. I had A LOT but nothing really gamebreaking, just occasional awkward camera pans during conversation and then enemies being on a set path where an invisible wall makes them retreat from attacking. The characters are great and the 2 different paths you can take definitely make this one worth a second play through. Expand
  39. Apr 1, 2013
    I am thouroughly enjoying the heck out of the Witcher 2. I haven't played the first installment, as I was told I didn't have to play it in order to play the second one. It appears RPG's are becoming better and better as times go on. With an incredible plotline, solid swordplay, sophisticated armor enhancing, attribute development, and crafting, this game packs alot of fun and wonder intoI am thouroughly enjoying the heck out of the Witcher 2. I haven't played the first installment, as I was told I didn't have to play it in order to play the second one. It appears RPG's are becoming better and better as times go on. With an incredible plotline, solid swordplay, sophisticated armor enhancing, attribute development, and crafting, this game packs alot of fun and wonder into the familiar medieval fantasy setting. Expand
  40. May 5, 2013
    This is one of my favorite games. I love the story and the characters. It was easy to figure out the game play and leveling up the character was good too.
  41. Jun 9, 2013
    If you start playing, you will want more!
    The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is a great game with a great storyline, great voice acting and a beautifull world created by Andrzej Sapkowski. Truly, this is the best game I have ever played and I can't wait for The Witcher 3!
  42. Oct 19, 2013
    The Wither is my favorite franchise. The game hasa an adult plot, interesting characters and outstanding graphics. I can not wait to see The Witcher 3.
  43. Dec 5, 2013
    Great game just not long enough. Loved the story and characters. More of the same please only bigger. And why only release it on nxt gen.? As long as it lives up to the last one I'll forgive you.
  44. Jan 16, 2014
    This game is the best RPG storytelling in gaming history. It can be quite difficult also. The decision making is tangible and the combat although a little slow is dynamic and fun. What I really want to emphasize here is the visuals and the storyline. This game is like a great book, the main character Geralt feels like an ancient warrior who the player must slowly immerse into a changingThis game is the best RPG storytelling in gaming history. It can be quite difficult also. The decision making is tangible and the combat although a little slow is dynamic and fun. What I really want to emphasize here is the visuals and the storyline. This game is like a great book, the main character Geralt feels like an ancient warrior who the player must slowly immerse into a changing world. It is rewarding, the dialogue is interesting and the game, although very very large, does not feel repetitive. This is my favorite RPG of all time and I would recommend it to the Pope. Expand
  45. May 11, 2015
    First of all, this game is harder than Dark Souls by a wide margin. It's a true RPG reminiscent of older Bioware games, with a heavy focus on choices that actually matter, long-winded and robust storytelling and game mechanics that take a lot of time and skill to master. The actions you take along the story feel meaningful, the quests are difficult and rewarding and the combat is deep andFirst of all, this game is harder than Dark Souls by a wide margin. It's a true RPG reminiscent of older Bioware games, with a heavy focus on choices that actually matter, long-winded and robust storytelling and game mechanics that take a lot of time and skill to master. The actions you take along the story feel meaningful, the quests are difficult and rewarding and the combat is deep and flowing and play out much like the Arkham series games.

There are flaws to be had, but in the end they are small and easily forgiven. The first and foremost flaw is that the game can feel clunky at times. The stealth mechanics aren't very good and only come up a handful of times, prompts are finicky with showing up and often times things feel delayed. I also feel that the UI, especially in the menu (which you will be frequent constantly) is not very quick and lacks simple yet obvious options like a sort button. The only other issue I have is just a personal nitpick, in that the whole game is just three separate chunks. You do everything in one area until you decide to advance the story, do everything in the next area, advance the story etc. Even the quests that span the whole game are separated into three instances of the same quest essentially. It makes it feel much smaller and that you are forced into doing things a certain way, since you can't leave things for later and come back, like in a game like KotOR allows. It leaves it feeling a bit too grindy for me.

I didn't experience many glitches, and the only notable one is when I did a group finisher, it got stuck in a loading screen after the short cutscene (why is this even a thing?), which didn't bother me only because I saved seconds prior to the fight.

This game is a must for RPG fans, but beware that it doesn't do much to hold your hand (I died a few times just in the tutorial on normal and several times early in chapter one before I got the hang of it). The game feels much older than it is, by way of being clunky in the way games from the early 2000s are (think KotOR), but if you have patience, the game really opens itself in accessibility once you start figuring things out. I recall getting massacred on normal early on in my first playthrough, but breezed through those same sections on the hardest setting on my second time around. The growth does not come only in the character, but in you as a player as well, and the entire experience feels very rewarding.
  46. Jun 2, 2014
    The Witcher 2 is an amazing game.
    Story- the story is great, it has a lot of mystery and bombshells and keeps you guessing. Lots of characters can be a hassle but all are relevant and well written. Lots of different opnions, That intrigue you. The main protagonist is likeable, and the side characters are all well written.
    Content- it's a 55hr game. All the side missions (which are well
    The Witcher 2 is an amazing game.

Content- it's a 55hr game. All the side missions (which are well done with different outcomes) there's a lot. Three different 'zones' you play in. Lots of different weapons and armours to acquire.

Graphics- nice textures, shadows. Lots of colour in combat.

Gameplay- swords, axes, hammers, spears, bombs, oils, magic, block, parry, daggers, traps. This tactical RPG ticks all the boxes. Three main skill trees, alchemy, swordsman, magic. Lvl cap is 35. Lots of enimies variety ranging from creatures and humans, and any in between.

Sound- voice acting is great, sound effects for combat is great, background noise for nature is good but towns chatter is repitive.

Overall but this masterpiece of an RPG.
  47. Oct 28, 2014
    Outstanding mature rpg with gritty punishing combat and an extremely immersive setting. I love the specificity of The Witcher's world, there is nothing generical, nothing vanilla, every monster and npc has a specific purpose and reason to exist in its ecosystem. And your choice do matter. About 33h to complete Main Quest+Sides Quest. One of my favorite rpgs of all time. Cant Wait for Witcher3!
  48. Jan 27, 2015
    This was a very superb game! a wonderful game! I normally don't play video games like this kind but this was under Xbox Live's "Games With Gold" New program they put out 2 free games a month so I wanted to seek some different kind of game play that I normally don't play and I have got to say I didn't think at first I would like it I though that it was going to be uninteresting since IThis was a very superb game! a wonderful game! I normally don't play video games like this kind but this was under Xbox Live's "Games With Gold" New program they put out 2 free games a month so I wanted to seek some different kind of game play that I normally don't play and I have got to say I didn't think at first I would like it I though that it was going to be uninteresting since I don't play this kind of genre but THIS is a MASTERPIECE! I have loved EVERY MINUTE OF THIS GAME! As others said the MAP CAN GET CONFUSING and would be better if it was more detailed but overall VERY GOOD GAME! Expand
  49. May 22, 2015
    The Witcher 2 is a semi-open world action-RPG that has you playing as a witcher, Geralt of Rivia. The story involves you tracking down a man named Letho to clear your name of a crime he committed and you were blamed for. The combat is enjoyable, with five different spells to use and, of course, your swords; steel for humans and similar species, and silver for monsters. Aside form theThe Witcher 2 is a semi-open world action-RPG that has you playing as a witcher, Geralt of Rivia. The story involves you tracking down a man named Letho to clear your name of a crime he committed and you were blamed for. The combat is enjoyable, with five different spells to use and, of course, your swords; steel for humans and similar species, and silver for monsters. Aside form the intruiging main story, there are quite a number of side quests you can go on. The decisions you make in the story can genuinely impact the plot, I should mention. Also, I like the leveling up and crafing systems (the oils and potions work well). As for the bad...the minigames are kind of lackluster and the glitches are a real pain (these are the most obvious but not the only bad things about the game). At least one side quest became broken due to a glitch. Still, if you're thinking of playing this game before The Witcher 3, do it. It's a fine game but not quite on the level of The Witcher 3. Expand

1. Jul 13, 2012
    Witcher 2 is a throwback in a lot of ways to old PC games, which certainly appeals to me. The delivery method is modern, no doubt, but the fact there's a lot of poking and prodding (and death) that happens even early on has me anxious for another instalment.
  2. Jun 26, 2012
    The high bar of visuals is followed by a good score, and descent acting, some of the spell and combat audio has a edge to it that sounds lower quality then the rest of the audio landscape.
  3. Jun 17, 2012
    The Xbox 360 port is an impressive technical accomplishment that brings a classic PC RPG experience to a new audience. The transition is not flawless, but those who stick with it will be rewarded with an intriguing and entertaining experience.