8.4

1. Jul 1, 2014
    I had heard a lot about this game and after seeing the Witcher 3 on E3, I just could resist any more.
    And I got what I hoped. This game is one of the best of the past generation.
    I avoided it cause I hate RPGs, but couldn't resist the awesome story.
    Game of Thrones meets Mass Effect in a very EPIC way.
    The gameplay has so many aspects and all of them are well refined as are all the
    features.
    Even the puzzles, even the small details, even the recipes... everything is pretty well made so as to serve a purpose and make it meaningful.

The story is probably one of the best in the history of video games and is pretty mature giving you choices that matter and that feel very "grey". We await the arrival of Geralt next Feb ten times more hyped.
  2. Jun 2, 2014
    The Witcher 2 is an amazing game.
    Story- the story is great, it has a lot of mystery and bombshells and keeps you guessing. Lots of characters can be a hassle but all are relevant and well written. Lots of different opnions, That intrigue you. The main protagonist is likeable, and the side characters are all well written.

Content- it's a 55hr game. All the side missions (which are well
    done with different outcomes) there's a lot. Three different 'zones' you play in. Lots of different weapons and armours to acquire.

Graphics- nice textures, shadows. Lots of colour in combat.

Gameplay- swords, axes, hammers, spears, bombs, oils, magic, block, parry, daggers, traps. This tactical RPG ticks all the boxes. Three main skill trees, alchemy, swordsman, magic. Lvl cap is 35. Lots of enimies variety ranging from creatures and humans, and any in between.

Sound- voice acting is great, sound effects for combat is great, background noise for nature is good but towns chatter is repitive.

Overall but this masterpiece of an RPG.
  3. Jan 16, 2014
    This game is the best RPG storytelling in gaming history. It can be quite difficult also. The decision making is tangible and the combat although a little slow is dynamic and fun. What I really want to emphasize here is the visuals and the storyline. This game is like a great book, the main character Geralt feels like an ancient warrior who the player must slowly immerse into a changing world. It is rewarding, the dialogue is interesting and the game, although very very large, does not feel repetitive. This is my favorite RPG of all time and I would recommend it to the Pope. Expand
  4. Dec 30, 2013
    Great story, solid gameplay, and appreciated mature themes. This is the type of game those of us who grew up playing Nintendo and Sega console games have been waiting for. Movie-quality story, adult themes, occasional nudity, bloody and gore. It's as good as your favorite action-adventure movie. Fantastic voice acting, characters you grow to care about, and terrific pacing. The menu system can be clunky at times, but for an overall gaming experience, this one is hard to beat. Without question, belongs in the same tier of action RPG games as the KOTOR franchise, Mass Effect, and Fallout 3. CD Projekt Red has created a gaming experience. Anxiously awaiting the third in the trilogy. Expand
  5. Dec 10, 2013
    This game is outstanding. Coming from the Baldur's Gate and Fallout background, I absolutely love the proper RPG feel in Witcher 2. The story feels real and engaging. Dialogues are amazing. Game mechanics are pleasant. The world is alive, and there's a freedom of choice. Yet, there are few things I didn't like. The story feels too political at times; and it's rather linear. I wish there was more freedom in the Witcher world.

Conversations sometimes become too long and too deep. I love a good dialogue in Witcher it feels like reading George Martin book but I often caught myself tired of following all the intricacies of the conversation.

Some things stroke me as unrealistic. You can freely pick up stuff from people's houses. Of course it makes things easier... but perhaps too easy?

While the fight dynamics are pretty satisfying, I do wish there was more combos. And the fact that you can't restore health in a fight is really annoying at times. On the other hand, it certainly makes for unique strategy in this game.
  6. Dec 5, 2013
    Great game just not long enough. Loved the story and characters. More of the same please only bigger. And why only release it on nxt gen.? As long as it lives up to the last one I'll forgive you.
  7. Oct 19, 2013
    The Wither is my favorite franchise. The game hasa an adult plot, interesting characters and outstanding graphics. I can not wait to see The Witcher 3.
  8. Aug 31, 2013
    The story and characters really tie together well and make for an interesting and purposeful gaming experience. The decision-making elements in the game are subtle and dialogue choices significant, meaning you really have to be sure of what you are saying and doing. Any lack of conviction meaning you may have to try a lot harder for the outcome you desire, fail at a quest or even end up on the wrong side of your friends sword. Attention to detail and design is impressive and further adds to the feel of a living world within the game. If you’re prepared to put in the time and effort The Witcher 2 really is a game you can’t miss. Expand
  9. Aug 29, 2013
    Quick, re-review. Great game, but takes some getting into and hard work to get to the nitty gritty goodness. Buy it and follow my advice to enjoy it the most - 1) When answering questions in the Dungeon about what happened do it in order, from top to bottom. Otherwise you play out the prologue in an order which makes no sense and throws you for the rest of the game. 2) You get the choice of two paths, without doubt one is far more interesting than the other IMO so create a save before you make this choice (it's towards the end of chapter one and *minor spoiler* it's when you choose between an elf or a King's bodyguard), and don't be afraid to restart from that save if you find the path you chose boring.

3) If you get to the end of Chapter 1 and things aren't making sense, quit, take a breather for a few days/weeks, and start the game again understanding all the terminology/people/events goes a long way to making the game enjoyable.
  10. Jun 9, 2013
    If you start playing, you will want more!
    The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is a great game with a great storyline, great voice acting and a beautifull world created by Andrzej Sapkowski. Truly, this is the best game I have ever played and I can't wait for The Witcher 3!
  11. May 14, 2013
    Fantastic game. One of the best RPG experiences iv ever had. If your looking for something deep, mature, and engrossing, this is a must. Great storytelling, great characters, great combat with some tactical parts to it, great world. 10/10 from me.
  12. May 13, 2013
    Simply amazing game. Combines depth of its predecessor with greatly improved combat and character development systems. The only shortcomings are occasional bugs and the length of the game it's much shorter than the first installment (hence the 9, not 10). Best console RPG since Dragon Age: Origins.
  13. May 5, 2013
    This is one of my favorite games. I love the story and the characters. It was easy to figure out the game play and leveling up the character was good too.
  14. Apr 28, 2013
    This is a very adult RPG with a great story and incredible graphics. All of the dialogue is well written and the voice acting helps pull you in to the world that they have created. The swordplay is fun, it reminds me a little of the combat system in the assassins creed games. Magic is implemented well in this game and is not overpowered. All around this is one of the best RPGs that I've played, and I've played several. If you haven't played it yet you should give it a try. Expand
  15. Apr 1, 2013
    I am thouroughly enjoying the heck out of the Witcher 2. I haven't played the first installment, as I was told I didn't have to play it in order to play the second one. It appears RPG's are becoming better and better as times go on. With an incredible plotline, solid swordplay, sophisticated armor enhancing, attribute development, and crafting, this game packs alot of fun and wonder into the familiar medieval fantasy setting. Expand
  16. Mar 22, 2013
    The Witcher 2 took me a little bit of getting used to in order to fully dive in, but once the game had me I was hooked. Geralt is still rather stoic but has a lighter, comedic, edge to him this time around. The game looks beautiful and the combat is original and fun. The game just feels so different then any other action-rpg out there. A few minor things to keep the game from getting a perfect 10 would be the bugs. I had A LOT but nothing really gamebreaking, just occasional awkward camera pans during conversation and then enemies being on a set path where an invisible wall makes them retreat from attacking. The characters are great and the 2 different paths you can take definitely make this one worth a second play through. Expand
  17. Feb 1, 2013
    For an independent developer this is really a surprisingly good RPG. This is perhaps the only game I can put almost on par with Dragon Age. Graphically it is utterly gorgeous. Combat is fun, but also (relatively) realistic and not just a random button masher. The lore is also pretty engaging and it is nice that they finally release an RPG that is aimed at adults. It is told with an adult audience in mind (not just the mature content.) Perhaps my only real criticism is that it is over too soon. I wish it had been a bit longer as it really does a fantastic job of pulling you in and immersing you in the world. I'm not saying the game is short, it's not. I also really loved the fact that the choices you make really do have different outcomes and progress the game in an almost completely different direction. At one point it almost felt like 2 different stories. Overall a fantastic game and I really hope they continue with this series. Expand
  18. Jan 27, 2013
    Witcher 2 is a gorgeous game. Stunning visuals, amazingly versatile story and incredible characters that creates an immersive heaven. If you're a fan of RPG, you probably already know about this game and for a new comer to the genre get this for a great experience. CD Projekt really impressed me with this follow up to the original Witcher (PC) and did the books justice.
  19. Jan 22, 2013
    Phenomenal game with a wonderful story and top-notch voice acting. I can't recommend it enough....with one warning - it has some absurdly awkward & unnecessary CG nudity & sex. Thats the only reason I've deducted a point and if the game had been released without the ridiculous CG boob-jiggling doggy -style action it'd be an easy 10 out of 10.
  20. Jan 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. you guys do not know who criticize criticize so talk **** on this site who do not have good content so the game knows criticize without reason or a **** Expand
  21. Dec 30, 2012
    This game is amazing. Plan and simple. I almost wrote it off after finishing the tutorial as the tutorial was obnoxious...it constantly interrupts you with extremely annoying prompts and while I understand and appreciate that those prompts are teaching the game mechanics, they're handled in such a poor, jarring way that I stopped playing about a week.

I picked it back up and I'm SO glad
    I did. Once the actual game starts, it's an absolute blast! Combat is so fluid and natural--and FUN. This game is amazingly deep and complex and that's highlighted by the fact that the inventory has like 18 screens on it. It's daunting at first but quickly makes sense and feels pretty natural.

The story is gripping and despite not having played the first game, I find myself completely sucked in and wanting to know what's going to happen next.

The graphics are gorgeous. The world feels alive and you can really tell all the time and care they put into crafting a believable world.

This game is what the Elder Scrolls series has attempted (and failed so hard, so many times) to be. I cannot wait to finish this game (only about halfway through chapter two at the moment) and see how it ends. I hope The Witcher 3 comes out simultaneously on Xbox!
  22. Dec 12, 2012
    This is easily the best RPG today. Period. It does almost everything right and offers a dense and immersive experience for at least 30-40 hours. I loved the mature dialogue style and the freedom of decision in the story line.
  23. Oct 11, 2012
    I'll get it out of the way now: it looked amazing! The world was created in a very beautiful way but simultaneously in a way that made it feel real and dark. I was a little concerned with the story line from the beginning but it quickly picked up and became more engaging after escaping the prison with Roche. From a story standpoint I really like the direction they took it and the opening line of **** off" more then set the tone for whose shoes I would be filling and what can of a BAMF I would be. The main characters all seemed to have a immense depth and most of the side characters had rich stories. The lore is absolutely one of the strongpoints in the Witcher. The combat was really a huge shocker for me. After playing FPS, then moving to something like Skyrim, then Batman, I feel like man hands would adapt fair quickly to any control scheme. The button mapping seemed confusing and nonsensical during the early hours but after getting used to the challenge became the combat. I wouldn't go so far as to argue that the combat was difficult, but it did take some getting-used-to. It seemed like the combat would have been easier if I knew about the crafting or if that was stressed as the way to go about playing. Along with crafting I never touched throwing knives, traps, or bombs. There is an insane amount of random useless objects in this game and I felt like the loot was pretty useless. Killing people never really brought great loot and was only really an ends to a mean. That being said, getting into fights was sweet because it required that you actually think about the fighting and your position. The array of NPC species was really outstanding and I felt as if I was running into a species every 30 minutes or less and every couple of minutes I would see a character I had never seen before. They really did use a lot of unique resources and it helped a lot with immersion. Everything felt like it was done right and not rushed, and I appreciate that they did not try to make the world extremely huge and instead focused on making a small area really great. Overall the quality of this game is top notch through and through and is definitely something that I will jump back into later on down the road to try the completely different story path. Expand
  24. Oct 4, 2012
    One of the best game worst every cent i've paid. Great story, great char develpment, great combat system and many more. Great games make u fully immense into it and feel for the character in the games. This game does it.
  25. Oct 1, 2012
    The Witcher 2 is great for many reasons. It's superb story line, engaging characters and it's combat that will punish you if you don't use the resources available for you. It has two very different story paths and your actions actually do make an effect on the game. The only negative thing I can say about this game is it's quest marker on the mini map which can sometimes be very misleading, sometimes sending you in the wrong direction. But this isn't that bad once you become familiar with the area. Expand
  26. Sep 28, 2012
    This game (and the original) took me by surprise. They had a lot of flaws (inventory management, slow loading, bizarre act IV in witcher I, not much replay value), almost all of which I forgive because I am in love with the games. They are on the list of my top 5 favorite games. 9/10 instead of 10/10 since I've spoken with enough people to know that this game doesn't do for everyone what it, for reasons I find hard to identify, did for me. If you liked this game, consider: The Witcher, Mass Effects, and Planescape Torment. Expand
  27. Sep 19, 2012
    As a mature game which only applies to those who has grown really interested in RPG-games, The Witcher2: Assassins of Kings delivers a driving and thrilling adventure for the player.
  28. Sep 5, 2012
    I have the enhanced version for the xbox 360.Great story,acting and a challenging combat system where grinding for levels doesn't help you much.First play through the boss battles and the death screen can be pretty aggravating...The last chapter is pretty short but the story begs for another play through since there are at least 2 very different paths to travel from chapter 2 onward.The journal/crafting menu took a bit to get used to but holds a lot of detail.The game does make you work a bit to find good armor and weapons as well.The story has many twists and takes some time to to figure out other characters motives.All in all a great RPG that doesn't feel like another (a Fable 2,Oblivion knockoff),great story, great voice acting with very good graphics and music. Expand
  29. Aug 5, 2012
    Mature, innovative, original and picturesque combining great combat with Hollywood-worthy story-telling.
    I've long been waiting for an RPG like this.
  30. Jul 17, 2012
    This game is one of the top 5 games I have ever played. I am 30 years old and have been gaming since i was five. I played on the PC when it first came out there. I have also played the Witcher 1 before it. I read some reviews saying it isn't like elder scrolls, its not an open world, blah blah. No, it is not. That is a good thing. While i absolutely love elder scrolls i think there are enough games like them that i welcome the change. While i don't know how it looks on the consoles i know that on my hi end PC it has spectacular graphics. The game play takes some skill to master, that may be why people complain, i honestly can't say. I have actually played the game 3 times through since its release on PC. I recommend the series to anyone and everyone! Expand
  31. Jul 15, 2012
    the greatest RPG ever made- maybe the greatest game ever made- if you are a gamer, or have ever had any interest in gaming you simply must experience this work of art- CD project are cemented their legacy with this wonderfull stunning masterpiece
  32. Jun 30, 2012
    Ultimately , a few technical blemishes prevent The Witcher 2 from achieving the greatness it truly deserves . But an excellent story , quality production values and an unparalleled sense of maturity rarely seen in gaming , let alone RPGs makes the Witcher 2 stand out from the rest of the pack .
  33. Jun 20, 2012
    Saliva of the best transition for the Xbox from your PC! But we need an open map! And modify the development of character! And need to be on all devices in the near future! The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings best game 2012 on xbox 360 >>> :)
  34. May 31, 2012
    The Witcher has finally arrived on consoles, and what great game! ... I have played both witchers on the pc and I loved every bit of it. So, basicly, as a witcher fan, I gave it a try on the xbox 360... and god, they actually pulled it off. ... POSITIVES: - Fluent but challenging combat. - Potion-system (prepare for battle in different ways) - Great story and characters. - Crafting system. - Lore and locations. - Different ways to finish quests and the main story. - New tutorial system! ... NEGATIVES: - A few graphical hickups. Not many customisations character-wise (look) ... CONCLUSION: - The Witcher 2 on the xbox 360 is a great game. From combat that's entertaining and rewarding, to the complexity but interesting world that shapes according to the choices you make. ... Superb. Expand
  35. May 29, 2012
    Despite the fact this game came out with little fanfare,make no mistake,this is a top tier game! In fact its easily among the best RPG's ever made.It has such a rich world in the game,but then it is based on the novels.The game has a good story along with your usual side quests you get in RPG's.Like Skyrim,the game has a very deep character customisation system that you will have to work at for a long time to get anywhere on,but becomes so satisfying when your character starts to become more & more deadly as a result.Unlike most RPG's the enemys dont annoyingly level up with you,so you really start to feel the benefits of leveling up & getting more skills,but you'll still run into newer tougher enemies later on.Its satisfying though when you start beating enemies quite easily that were quite difficult earlier on in the game.Its a good basis for comparison for how your character is actually coming on.The game has dialog choices that can effect the story,but the real star of the show,suprisingly for this kind of game,is the combat.I cant stress enough how satisfying the combat IS in this game,parltly due to the satisfying melee combat,but also all the options open to you in combat.The combat is very reminiscent of Jade Empire & Assassins Creed,which anyone who's played those games will know,have excellent combat.It involves a very considered,tactical pace that requires you to be aware of where you are,whats around you,& where all the enemies are,as you move around,using your blocking & carefully timing your attacks & counter attacks(with various types of weapon,but you also have your silver sword to swith to & use for those monster class enemies).But thats just the melee combat.I mentioned that theres many other aspects in combat.In combat.Before combat,a Witcher(which is what you are,part of an elite guild of proffessional monster hunters thats been mutated & trained to fight monsters since you were a child)often prepares before beforehand.You can boost your stats up in various areas for quite some time by mixing(or buying)& drinking potions,putting oils & poisions on your weapons,& in combat itself,you have a wide array of tools at your disposal.On top of your standard attacks,you have traps & bombs that you can put on the ground/throw(which are easier to use than it sounds),ranged weapons & throwing daggers,special melee moves & a good selection of spells to employ,as as making enemies attack eachother,set them on fire,stun them allowing you to use cool execution moves,to spells of protection.Make no mistake,Witchers are very capable,& with all these options open to you in combat,it never gets old,trust me.
    If you've ever played a game,that is a long game,but also has combat that plays like an absolute dream,games like Mass Effect or Jade Empire,then you'll have an idea of the kind of game this is.The kind of game that you're glad is a long game,because you dont want it to end.This is one of those games.This game is highly polished & is RPG & combat system perfection,with a good story to boot,Hence my perfect 10.
  36. May 23, 2012
    one of the best RPG of today, great combat system, locations and characters. the red engine really works. congratulations to the entire CD project red team.
  37. May 22, 2012
    An incredible RPG that felt different, apparently hard to do these days. For those expecting open world, don't. For those expecting new game +, don't. If you have a bit of time to learn the combat, I played through on easy first playthrough then Dark difficulty, give it a try. Buy it, rent it, steal it.
  38. May 22, 2012
    Having just completed the game. I honestly feel this is one of the best experiences I have had with an Xbox game and I have played most AAA titles. The difference with the Witcher 2 compared to many games like Halo, Bioshock, Elder Scrolls etc... it it's solid M rating. This game is not for children at all this is M all the way. It feature full nudity and lots of cursing. This would be very comparable to HBO's Game of Thrones. Being an adult gamer, I appreciate the "no holds barred" approach. Many games these days are overly juvenile. Some core review info. Graphics. Exceptionally great with the exception of lot's of texture pop in, This is minimized when installed to disc and eventually isn't noticed much later in the game. Story. Easily the strongest point this is a fully realized world with fully realized characters, it is philosophical, emotion, and most importantly fun. I had several laugh out loud moments with the humor of some dialogue branches. Gameplay. While it does have a steep learning curve, once you get the hand of it, it can be very rewarding to turn up the difficulty and try some deeper strategy with potions, mutagens, traps, and enhancements. Overall I found the experience one of a kind and truly had to think about my choices and enjoyed seeing the results of my actions in the world. With multiple playthoughs and different side quests and difficulty options. Truly once is not enough. Highly Recommended!

Summary:
    Graphics: 9 (only due to persistent texture pop in)
    Gameplay: 10 (hard at first but intriguing and challenging strategies await the devoted)
    Story: 10 (Wow just Wow, Mystery, Intrigue, Sex, and Violence, what more could you want?)
    Overall: 10 (Fully realized Adult Oriented RPG/ACTION experience) (One of Kind and Unforgettable)
  39. May 22, 2012
    Great story, beautiful graphics, interesting but complex gameplay, what more can you want from The Witcher 2? Just get this amazing rpg, there is so much too do...
  40. May 19, 2012
    Great story, plenty of humour, superb voice acting, complicated and interesting side quests. Choices you make do matter. Finally on XboX. Great game.
  41. May 18, 2012
    The Witcher 2 is one of the best RPG of this year. Is a seriously contender for the GOTY in it's category (RPG). I hope that Microsoft public more excellent games from PC because that is the way to obtain more hardcore gamers to their console. Thanks CDProjekt. The only thing that I think the game needs is replay after the end, only that.
  42. May 18, 2012
    Simply fantastic game. The best RPG that come out on consoles. The story, combat, graphics, the whole world is just amazing. Worth playing multiple times.
  43. May 17, 2012
    An incredibly engrossing adult fantasy game. Being an avid Tom and Jerry fan, I think I've become an somewhat of an authority on violence. Let me tell you, as an authority, this game blows Tom and Jerry out of the water. There's also a lot of sex, and I like sex. Don't be fooled by these 0 reviews. I have a theory that they're all from rival developers who want to besmirch Witcher 2's good name. That's right, I'm talking about a conspiracy that goes real deep. Pentagon deep. I know because I'm actually Jesse Ventura, and I got these no good crooks marked. I'm putting all of you 0-rating developers on notice! You better beware, because now you're messing with Jesse "The Mind" Ventura!

haha, I'm so smart.

44. May 15, 2012
    I missed the PC version as I'm a console gamer and I must say, i regret every bit of it. The story, choice mechanic and character development is better than Dragon Age, and the actual gameplay is very different to other RPG's (particularly with the potions and magic), I really felt like my choices had an impact and I am already looking forward for 3 when that comes out :) However, i found the 3rd chapter to be really short, but it still doesn't take away the overall feeling and impression. Expand
  45. May 15, 2012
    This game was just amazing. It has been a long time since ive played a game more than once within one week of beating it. The graphics were damn beautiful, the gameplay was fluid and near perfect with a hiccup once in a blue moon, and the story was just freaking amazing. It had such good character development, if you chose Iorveths path, and it really made you feel as if the characters Iorveth and Roche were your buddies, or you wished they were real people you could be-friend. The game is truly deserving of the M rating so kids beware or youll be playing with little chubs throughout the game lol. I loved the game so much i even bought Geralts outfit for my xbox live avatar. the story was freaking amazing as many of the choices you made had severe repercussions if you didnt think them through, I did 2 play through's so far, one in normal difficulty and the second one in Dark difficulty. Its no Skyrim in terms of you can explore for days but where it does beat Skyrim is in the story. This is one of those games that has to be played. With all that said, go buy it or borrow it from a friend and then go buy it. If you let your self get immersed into the world of the witcher 2, you will want to see all 16 endings.

Hope this review helped some of you decide to get it :D
  46. May 15, 2012
    In my opinion "The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings" is simply the best game ever; great storyline, great gameplay, great graphics on 360 and incredible atmpsphere. Can't wait for the witcher 3 !
  47. May 14, 2012
    Having had the time to really sink my teeth into this one, I can easily say it is one of the most satisfying titles of a long, long while. It really is a game that, whether you like it or not, does not restrict itself in order to pacify those who maybe aren't equipped to handle a hardcore experience. This is (sadly) something rarely seen in games today.

This is one of the first rpg's in a
    long while that left me truly satisfied. Skyrim was too shallow and it's quests mediocre. Kingdoms of Amalur's world and quest design was too restrictive and static. This game hits the mark in most areas I concern myself with when it comes to rpgs. Geralt, while a pre-established main character, holds a lot of personality, and the developers still found ways for you to make him your own. The character development is deep and varied, allowing for vastly different tactics through different playthroughs. Your actions have real weight and consequence to them. So much so that the entire second chapter can be flipped, offering a vastly different experience depending on the choices you make. And the world, while mostly linear, is highly detailed, allowing me to really put myself into the game. Anyway, I really couldn't recommend this game enough. Easily one of the top rpg's to be found on console (or pc for that matter) this generation. Show CD Projekt some love and buy this game, whether it be on pc, or on the 360. Expand
  48. May 13, 2012
    Fantastic game! Games like The Witcher 2 only come around once in a while. It has amazing graphics and artwork, a great story, convincing voice acting, and exciting action. I enjoyed playing a title that is directed to a more adult gamer. I hope more titles like this start popping up. A great achievement by CD PROJECT RED.
  49. May 12, 2012
    that is nice game The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition i has been finished, i have difficult way,just shared the good trainer i used THE WITCHER 2 Assassins Of Kings +6 Trainer games at cheatncode.com enjoy for fun dude
  50. May 6, 2012
    The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings took a leap and set out to make an adventure not only worth of every RPG lover's while, but every fast action packed sword play admirers. With solid non-linear story telling, unique sword play and fluid controls, astonishing original sound track and amazingly rendered backgrounds and memorable characters and dialog choices, it is truly a game of excellent and genuine role playing experience. Expand
  51. May 6, 2012
    The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition XBOX 360 â
  52. May 4, 2012
    This is a condensed version of my review, just to get it to fit on metacritic. Please read the full review at www.veterangamers.co.uk
    Attention fellow gamers, man your Xbox, and don your poop socks! This game is epic.

As I was driving to work yesterday, I caught myself actually falling asleep at the wheel. I spilled coffee all over my crotch and that didnâ
  53. May 4, 2012
    Please just let me tell you few important things. It is one of the best RPG productions that have ever been released. Great, great story what is probably the most important part of that kind of game. Decision making is incredible because finally, you are able to play your game how you want and create your own story. Game play is made so nice and friendly on the console version. Graphics, physics and the general climate of the game will make you donâ Expand
  54. May 3, 2012
    Great game, my sole complaint would be a bit short final act, but then again, you do get to play two completely different sides starting from the end of act 1, which makes the game that much longer. next to Skyrim, best RPG fantasy game out there for 360.
  55. May 3, 2012
    One of best games i ever played.
    Feels like an open world game, the world is big , lot of exploration to do and lots of side-quests to complete.
    Amazing storyline, for adults, and non-linear story... every choice change your game.
    Im a fan of cd projekt now, i cant wait for Witcher 3
  56. May 3, 2012
    I'm giving this game a 10 despite the fact that it has faults i'll make that clear now. The inventory system in is not really designed to be quickly accesible, despite importing a saved game I barely heard about any of my decisions in the first game, and having to drink potions out of battle, while realistic, isn't something I like. Yet despite these flaws the witcher is one of the best fantasy RPGs I've ever played. The combat itself is satisfying and tense, and while it is easy to die it never feels especially cheap when you do. The leveling system is smart but sparse on points so by the end of the game you can't have the majority of the skills, or even a third of them, which really makes you think about which skills benefit your style the most as you can never have a maxxed character. The real draw is the story however, the dark gritty world where there is no clear right or wrong for any choice is something most games aren't capable of. When you play this game you will be sitting staring at the screen pondering which option to take, and sometimes the game will only give you a couple seconds to choose an option, enhancing the "Oh s*** what do I do!?!?" moments. The choices have consequences as well, depending on how you play through act 1 you can get a completely different version of act 2 so you really get to feel the impact you have on the story. When you play this game you will be sucked into a world full of political intrigue, war and racism from all sides, and the way you react to this world depends on what kind of witcher you want Geralt to be. If you like choice driven RPGs then this game cannot be missed, it has some flaws, but CDProjeckt did their job so well in most areas they can be overlooked quite easily. Expand
  57. May 2, 2012
    I was waiting in anticipation for this game, and it didnâ
  58. Apr 29, 2012
    Witcher 2 needs a little help here. I love this game!! This is the sort of RPG that, quite literally, you get out what you put into it. Meaning that you have to put forth the effort to explore the story through journal entries, the Witcher Wiki, and REALLY paying attention to the story/plot. This is not the kind of game that you romp around and slash your way through all the bad guys to get to the next sequence. Take your time...let yourself get emotionally involved with the characters, and simply enjoy one of the best RPGs on the market. Though it has a semi-high learning curve with the combat, the more you play it, the more enjoyable it really is. I'll be back for a full review after completing this gem!!! Expand
  59. Apr 28, 2012
    This is the greatest game I have ever played in my entire life. Though to be honest I played the game on my high end PC, I have almost played the game more than 50 times and its still not boring.

Witcher 2 really deserves a 10/10 score, CDPROJECKT has also provided the enhanced edition patch for FREE (Thank you so much guys, you are the most coolest dev out there). The Enhanced Edition
    brings with it a bunch of side quests that were not available with the PC version. I'm currently biting my nails for the Witcher 3 Which I doubt would at least take 2 more years due to the independent and non- linear plot of the second game..

My best wishes to CDprojekt.
  60. Apr 28, 2012
    What a beautiful game! I'm not a rpg type of game player but I think you don't have to be to REALLY ENJOY this excellent game. Graphics, music, game play top quality. Playing this game made me to register and write my first review ever. I really don't understand folks that give below 8 ratings, I really don't. Give it a try and you will love it and WILL NOT be disappointed.
  61. Apr 28, 2012
    Great game, great story ... I really have nothing to complaint. I enjoy the difficultly and each fights is intense and epic. Cant wait for the next game!
  62. Apr 27, 2012
    An absolutely master full RPG. CDprojeckt red have done a fantastic job porting the game over to the 360, and despite some technical limitations the game sill looks and performs great. The map and inventory system could bea little better as they can be confusing and some of the mission objectives can be difficult to find but these are minor niggles that subtract little from the overall experience. The game has fluent and challenging combat, and a great story. A must for and RPG fan. Expand
  63. Apr 27, 2012
    Great game. I think that's the best RPG on xbox right now. Congrats to devs for theirs work. I started a counting for Witcher 3. I will say it one more time: Great game.
  64. Apr 26, 2012
    Wow I'm not used to having good RPG's on the 360, and this is easily one of the best.

Story better than Skyrim
    Gameplay better than Skyrim
    Dialogue better than Skyrim

I could go on.
  65. Apr 26, 2012
    I'm only on part 1 really but already I have the feeling Witcher2 is the kind of game you will play over and over again - decisions here really seem to make a difference and guide your story along. it was a bit confusing at first trying to handle all the different menus / potions / magic etc. but you soon get the hang of it. I would though have liked to see a large scarecrow in the inventory so I could easy tell what difference the clothes etc. I wear make. Fighting isn't too hard but seems to ramp up considerably when you confront a boss - but you can drop the difficulty at any time. Visually beautiful I'm scoring it a 9 - it would have been a full 10 but the one downside for me is the map since it can be really difficult working out how to get to various locations. Expand
  66. Apr 26, 2012
    The Witcher 2 is an almost perfect blend of action, story and RPG goodness. It will probably not appeal to the button masher crowd, nor will it satisfy the turn-based RPG purists, with which I more closely align myself. However, for those of us who like action with our RPGs, it hits the sweat spot. I can only hope that the folks at Bioware that are working on Dragon Age 3 will play this and take some notes about the right way to provide action and a good story without compromising the elements that define the RPG genre. Better yet, they should hire some of the folks at CD Projekt as consultants, or see if they will give them access to the RED Engine. Do be aware though that this game can get frustrating and requires patience and planning, especially on higher difficulty settings. If you go into this thinking you can just mash X over and over and still come out on top, you will be disappointed. However, because you don't win every battle, finally getting through a tough one after several tries and strategy changes comes with an even greater sense of satisfaction and accomplishment. If you like RPGs, you should really give this a try. Expand
  67. Apr 26, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiifwe[iokjgo[cwko0] 3eoyplvc3,e5yp0i0v.,4i5yv 49piyk4v9 [jm vo[jiye4vogj eopigj evg 9jevpyjv9 gre]vuj9 [e 9vhjg erujv ew5=
    5-hyvi3-
    e ehi0vk30h]5ik0 -]htv30 ihj
    ]346
  68. Apr 25, 2012
    Great story, great gameplay, and a great soundtrack, something you find rarely in current games. This game sets an example for any Role-Playing Games out there. It has a nice, flowing combat system with exciting gameplay. The story is very interesting, well written, and very mature. This game is not like many other competitors, in that it is very non-linear. Many current Role-Playing Games, to date, have a very linear and boring story line. I have not encountered any flaws with this game and recommend it to anyone who is interested in a mature, compelling game. Expand
  69. Apr 25, 2012
    They hit the nail on the head with the XBOX version, it's very seamless, not to mention all the extras and the fixes we got with the Enhanced Edition. Enjoyed it fully! A definitive must have.
  70. Apr 24, 2012
    I have given The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings:
    A technical score of 85/100
    A personal score of 10/10

Fore more details and the full reviews, please go to the following link
  71. Apr 24, 2012
    The Witcher 2 is an incredible blend of story , gameplay mechanics and immersion into a fantasy world that is breathing and rich at the same time. Created from the already established saga , The Witcher written by Andrezj Sapkowski , the game let's you delve deeper into the cobweb of plots and stories that inflict The Continent and all of its Kingdoms. I loved the first Witcher and The second one is just as , if not , more amazing. This game offers you a unique fantasy world , filled with mythological creatures , damsels in distress , anti-heroes , kingdoms and kings vulnerable and threatened , and many more. This game is the paradigm of fantasy variety and also a delicacy to RPG veterans , having lots of things to do while you deal with the main quest and if you can count an epic developer team that satisfies their customers pleasures by delivering patches , support , extra content and many more , you are in for an amazing ride because The Witcher 2 is a true epic. Expand
  72. Apr 24, 2012
    Fantastic game.Best RPG ever.Really beautiful graphics.The story is extremely engrossing,The Witcher 2 is the most amazing rpg I've played.If you have a Xbox 360 and you want to have a good game, with excellent graphics, terrific history and more of 100 hours of entertainment.
  73. Apr 24, 2012
    Best game ever.Great Storyline,characters and world.The graphics are very beautiful !Ofc it doesn't look quite as good as the PC version but still a very respectable port.
  74. Apr 24, 2012
    Witcher 2 is a game in which you play. Personally, I'm not a fan of RPGs but this game is a championship. Great graphics, brilliant storyline and characters. With this game you start to realize how brilliant the game with RPG.
  75. Apr 24, 2012
    The deepest, most well designed rpg on console. Some technical shortcomings aside, it is just as amazing an experience as it is on the pc. Possibly the best pc to console port so far.
  76. Apr 23, 2012
    This game is very good. The story is extremely engrossing. The combat is difficult but very fun. Everything about this game makes it one of my favorites of all time.
  77. Apr 23, 2012
    This game is the most beautiful RPG I played. You can feel it, be there and experience something magical, hard to forget. For me, the epic moment was when you run during night through the forest from danger in it and suddenly a front of you appears well known village in flames... Outstanding.. I really enjoy playing this master peace. Thank you Poland!
  78. Apr 22, 2012
    i dont care what other reviewers say- Either ones that give it 10 or ones that spitefully give it a zero!
    i know its one of the best games ive played in a while and i like it much more than Skyrim or Dragon age origins ( although Dark Souls still has 1st place for me)
    so it is an excellent RPG, one of the best and much more interesting than Skyrim and with better combat mechanics and
    better story and music ....i would give it a 9/10 but i am angry with people and reviews who would give it a zero for no gaming related reason so there.. Expand
  79. Apr 21, 2012
    wicked combat, engrossing story, good character development, BEAUTIFUL VISUALS (especially on nearly 6yr old hardware) and great voice acting. All together make this one of the MUST HAVE rpg's of the year!!!! These guys kno how to make a game that sucks you right in and doesnt let go until the end.
  80. Apr 21, 2012
    I am writing a full review as I was one of the 1,000 chosen to receive a promotional press copy (CDPROJEKT RED are amazing just to even hold that contest!) I was like a little kid on christmas when I saw the overnighted envelope in my apartment complex's mail "wall"; and rushed back to my apartment door to rip open the package to see a personalized letter and the game; Having pre-ordered it on PC and playing it on maximum graphic settings with ubersampling and using Nvidia 3D Vision (The developers ensured it was "3D Ready" which is the highest rating for Nvidia 3D on games; it in my opinion remains the best looking Nvidia 3D Vision title; seeing the sword pop out of the screen at you seems like it really is right out at you); anyway; I made the choices I saw fit and played through the PC version finding it the best RPG (along with Dragon Age Origins) of the past 10 Years.

Turn over to the 360 version; while (beating a dead horse) the graphics obviously can't look anything like the PC version due to 7 year old crap hard-ware; CDPROJEKT RED re-designed and re-coded the game for the 360; and changed the art direction even; that is pure dedication;

People say theres screen tearing; I haven't noticed any in my near complete play through of the game; yes I noticed some textures that load and pop in but I basically notice that in any console game that wasn't designed to just run on a console with graphics that look "Great but great for a console"; The Witcher 2 is one of if not THE best looking games on consoles; as an RPG it has the best story telling and plot twists; and your never sure when your in the wrong or the right- or the middle; decisions are based on who YOU are as a person; if your quickly reacting- or how you think your playing the character but it may not end up the way you think your trying to play the character; this is brilliant as it is not a RED OR BLUE type choice ala BioWare; so you cannot play Pure "Red or Blue" you play as if you had been in these situations, thus I think people have VIVIDLY different experiences with the games stories, quests, armor/weapons, characters, areas, ending etc based on the type of PERSON you are in real-life; brilliant design.

Combat is fast paced without taking away from being a hardcore RPG; you need to prepare with potions prior to combat; with sword upgrades like oils; and quickly damage each target bouncing back and forth; then using Traps; Bombs and throwing daggers to injure enemies at a distance so you don't get swarmed- Using the dodge and roll allows you to get away fast enough to regain vigor allowing you to cast Magical Signs everything from Kinetic Force (may stun an enemy for a 1 shot kill animation, or blast them off the edge of where they stand for an instant kill that feels amazing); one that is more like a magic trap; explodes injuring the target and possibly rooting them; one that shields you from harm for one hit (and counts down incase you don't get hit); one that shoots a HADUKAN looking fireball at an enemy (Atleast in the "Kill Cam" style kills when it is used; it looks like a street fighter move heh); and one sign allows you to lure and charm an enemy to fight for you for a bit; having these spells at your disposal from the start allows you to use combinations and get a greater understanding of them incase you decide to go further down the magic skill-tree rather than swordsman ship or alchemy; I prefer going deep and finishing the swordsmanship tree as the movement and combat bonuses it adds makes the gameplay even more fluid; in a Batman Arkam City style way of flowing to each enemy with finesse and beauty; also raising adrenaline (eventually you can get this ability) when Adrenaline fills up you can execute it and slay anyone around you in a certain radius to a very rad "Finisher Kill Cam" style display of the event.

The game is completely satisfying in every way possible; endless weapons, armor, quests, locations, free roaming and doing things the way you would like to; experiencing the game differently than others in more ways than just the evolving developing plot changes etc but how situations are tackled while someone may benefit from using the CAT potion and seeing the trails of enemies / friends, blood stains; seeing through walls and seeing what type of enemies you may be facing to prepare for them; and having everything lit up is very different than someone who decides to go in a dungeon / cave in the dark and figure it out on his own; Things like this are what make The Witcher 2 a MUST PLAY console title just as it is a must play PC title; for RPG fans; and for ANY gaming fan (if you can't take the hard combat; put it on easy mode for more of a hack and slash event; the difference from easy to normal is HUGE; the difference from Normal to hard is even larger (it seems normal is a regular games Harder hah;) then DARK MODE is for those that want to make Dark Souls look like Mario 64;10/10.
  81. Apr 21, 2012
    A superb RPG, trumps similar games such as Dragon Age and Mass Effect. It's not similar enough to Skyrim for a direct comparison, but if were to be compared it has better voice acting, graphics and action, looses out on scope and freedom. It's a tough game, make no mistake and tired me out faster than any DA or any ME games. It's adult, dark with difficult decisions yet brings some nice humour and fruity language too. It really makes you think and consider your actions. People lie and cheat and try to manipulate you. Completing a missions or encounters often bring a real sense of achievement. Oh, and the graphics are **** hot, top of the draw stuff. On any system. Do you self a favour and play it again, but help the other one. Expand
  82. Apr 21, 2012
    The Witcher 2 is a very impressive and detailed RPG. They clearly took their time converting it from the PC to the Xbox360. It controls very well and the world and story is very detailed. The game is also very unforgiving and doesn't hold your hand. Don't take that as a negative but as a positive. I feel these days many RPGs let you carve through everything with little challenge. The Witcher provides a challenge and makes you prepare beforehand for battles. My only criticism is that the mini map is occasionally hard to follow and the world is detailed to the point where the story can be a bit confusing. But overall the game has a fantastic story, great combat, and Geralt is the ultimate bad ass! Expand
  83. Apr 21, 2012
    I'm out of words. CDR pushed xbox to its limit ! You will not find better looking game on x360, story? excellent, gameplay? pure fun. I'm not a fan of rpgs, but this is just pure joy.
  84. Apr 21, 2012
    Great game. Real, tough, mature decisions. It's not like "Elves are good, so helping them makes you a good boy". Everyone has his reasons and motives to do as he does, so you don't choose between good and bad. You simply decide who you identify with and who has convinced you to him. You won't find this kind of plot in any other game (except for original Witcher). I guess I don't have to write anything about replayability, but I'll write anyway - because of all this choices you get totally different quest, so there is a reason to play game again. Music is marvelous, graphics makes Xbox keep sweating. What else..? Oh, fight is quite challenging but not frustating. The only things I consider the disadvantages are equipment and map - equipment is divided in too many categories (about 20) and the map is really confusing. Expand
  85. Apr 20, 2012
    The best RPG of this generation. The graphics are stunning, the game play excellent and the characters are deep and interesting. The game comes with the soundtrack, map and quest guide. It is an excellent value for a top-notch game. I highly recommand you give it a try.
  86. Apr 20, 2012
    One of the finest games I have ever played. Great story, well thought out characters, impressive visuals, and gameplay that is both fun, yet very tactical, at least on normal or higher difficulty. Where most games seem to think that rpgs need to be dumbed down to stupidity (Skyrim), this game shows that gamers may not be afraid of the challenge and depth that was what the rpg genre used to be know for. Expand
  87. Apr 20, 2012
    I really like this game! At first I was a bit overwhelmed with the sheer depth, but found myself getting accustomed to it right away. The graphics look great, not quite as good as I had hoped but definitely very good. The soundtrack is amazing (I put it on my iPhone!). The story is huge, and captivates the player right off the bat into getting involved and truly caring about the characters, which for me is mandatory for a true role playing game. My main complaint with the game is that some side quests lack a market on the mini map, making some of the side quests a little too time consuming! This game reminds me of an adult Fable story, with a more believable cast of characters and plot. I will be holding on to this gem for quite a while, and recommend it to anyone who loves RPGs and great sword fighting games! Expand
  88. Apr 20, 2012
    The Witcher 2 is the most amazing rpg I've played since the Mass Effect series*and that's saying allot*at first I wasn't sure how this game would hold up on a 7 year old console,but i'm really impressed by how well this game was done on xbox360.I have to say that the Witcher2 is Not and I mean NOT meant for ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18!!!this game has a mature story line and allot of graphic frontal nudity as well as sex and violence that pushes the limit of the Mature rating from the e.s.r.b rating board.with that said I do have a few complaints, like sometimes you will get screen tearing*which can be reduced by playing in 720p instead of 1080p*also sometimes you will get a random bug that turns you're screen black for a split second and then goes back to normal.besides those few flaws this game is a piece of art, even better than Skyrim.if you love a good adventure/rpg game this is a must buy. Expand
  89. Apr 20, 2012
    After the 4th play-through I definitely know, that this game is the best I have ever played. It is indeed complex as developers say and it`s definitely mature as well. The game-play itself gives me such a gorgeous joy that no other game have ever gave... And I have played a lot of different titles before: Dragon Age, TES Oblivion and Skyrim, Mass Effect 1,2,3... But playing Witcher you can feel the really mature game this time. Awesome, stunning graphics (never seen so highly detailed game before), choices you make incredibly affect the story and change the places completely. Combat is very challenging, but very spectacular and rewarding and its never the same, various enemies, various tactics to choose from.
    Simply unbelievable, well done CD Projekt.
  90. Apr 20, 2012
    Every that the PC version is but better, the 360 version is smoother, and is theb est looking game on the 360 to date, this game is in the same league as Skyrim, can't believe I had to consider getting this game, it's just great!
  91. Apr 19, 2012
    The Witcher 2 makes a stunning transition from PC to 360; it compromises minimally, and will certainly serve and please an adult audience. It is the pinnacle of RPG on the 360, and a must buy!
  92. Apr 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Witcher 2 does what Dragon Age 2 should have done to DA1 aswell. Namely, making a great RPG even greater. You don't have to bump down a RPG when you add a realtime action combat system. You don't have to recycle the same locations all the freaking time. You don't have to make the game look cartoony and much much much easyer. Bioware look at the real pro's cause CD Projekt whooped your butt there. Yes Witcher 2 is hard on medium difficulty. But its so satisfying when you defeat that boss or group of thugs. You really have to find a patern and adjust to it. Potions are a must. Making sure you got the right gear is a must. But unlike other games i haven't found it frustrating yet. Although i had to peek how to defeat the swamp monster cause the entire game you can't just jump on obstacles just like that and suddenly you have to without me knowing you could...died there allot of time dodging what he trew at me before i knew how to progress, then it was easy. XD Expand
  93. Apr 19, 2012
    I was so excited for this game; I was so jealous of PC gamers because the game just looked perfect. Now, as I play it, I realized how amazing and mature the game really is. The storyline is ambitious and it sucks you into the role of the Witcher. Your choices actually make a huge difference. The combat is fun, and there's a lot of... well, sex. A LOT.
  94. Apr 18, 2012
    There's something special about a game that looks you in the eye and bluntly states "what's the matter?, I thought you were good at video games." The Witcher 2 probably won't appeal to every gamer. The enhanced edition puts to rest some of the **** that gamers who lacked talent were complaining about. You now get a tutorial, and some added tips. One thing I liked about the original release was that the game didn't give that much support to help you in battle, but instead asked you to grow some balls and deal with it. I've noticed a couple glitches still seem to be hanging around with this release (anyone else hit the h key then j to view their journal and got a black screen?).

Suffice it to say this game is amazing, and as far as games go there isn't anyone who can say the developers didn't realize their goal with this games release. The graphics are beautiful the gameplay is immersive, and the story is superb.
  95. Apr 18, 2012
    One of the most beautiful, well crafted, and epic RPG games of this generation. I'm happy Witcher 2 was brought to the Xbox 360 so new gamers can be introduced into the series like me without a high end PC. Witcher 2 looks stunning on Xbox 360 with an extremely stable frame rate, the only issue ive seen with Witcher is some texture pop in. This game is an essential to add to your collection if you are remotely interested in RPGs, The combat is fresh and actually makes you be tactical and think about what your doing, such as placing traps before a battle, putting enhancements on your blades or rolling out of the way of enemy attacks. Plus the game comes with a free copy of the soundtrack, a full color detailed map, and a quest handbook all included with the game free. Expand
  96. Apr 18, 2012
    The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is a Masterpiece. Ported over from PC, this game looks fantastic and plays extremely well. It takes little time to learn the wide array of creative mechanics before you feel comfortable playing like a pro. The engaging, realistic, complex, and mature campaign is gripping and soon you feel lost into the character Geralt. In a sense, you feel like you have become a Witcher. This sense of fitting right in to the character has only been accomplished in a few other games, such as Halo, Gears of War, Mass Effect, and Uncharted. Without a doubt, this is an excellent game with pretty much nothing to whine about. If you don't like playing on PC, then the Witcher 2 is more than enough of a reason to get an Xbox 360 so you can dive in and join the Epic-ness before you miss out! WARNING: this is not a child's game. There is explicit nudity in this game. Expand
  97. Apr 18, 2012
    I have played it on my Pc now playing on Xbox. Truly great game. Best thing about it is how your choices are impacting the later parts of the game. Based on your decisions you can have completely different experiences. Decision system is far superior from what we could see in Mass Effect for example. I love how game is not giving you any clues which decision is better so in some points you are sitting and wondering for 5 min if your decisions are right and what outcome they might bring. I recommend that game to everyone that are interested in mature and complex games. Expand
  98. Apr 18, 2012
    I'm Russian, so my English is not perfect. Sorry for this, but I can't remain silent.
    Those people who rated at a 0 are fantastic idiots. Only your zeros corrupted the correct rating of the game. This game doesn't need to paid reviews, because it is just awesome. I hope that you will be ashamed of after meeting with the game.
  99. Apr 18, 2012
    @Dacai: you didn't take into account that 1) in some regions this game was available from the 14th of April and 2) there are quite a few people who bought it on xbox who played it on pc before, thus they ARE able to give an in-depth review after just a day of playing. Please remove your unfair score and make a review only after you have actually played the game. My review: Marvellous story, where your decisions really matter. Gorgeous graphics. Intensive gameplay. Solid voice acting. Original and captivating music. The Witcher 2 has all that and much more. Expand

1. Jul 13, 2012
    Witcher 2 is a throwback in a lot of ways to old PC games, which certainly appeals to me. The delivery method is modern, no doubt, but the fact there's a lot of poking and prodding (and death) that happens even early on has me anxious for another instalment.
  2. Jun 26, 2012
    The high bar of visuals is followed by a good score, and descent acting, some of the spell and combat audio has a edge to it that sounds lower quality then the rest of the audio landscape.
  3. Jun 17, 2012
    The Xbox 360 port is an impressive technical accomplishment that brings a classic PC RPG experience to a new audience. The transition is not flawless, but those who stick with it will be rewarded with an intriguing and entertaining experience.