8.4

1. Oct 28, 2014
    Outstanding mature rpg with gritty punishing combat and an extremely immersive setting. I love the specificity of The Witcher's world, there is nothing generical, nothing vanilla, every monster and npc has a specific purpose and reason to exist in its ecosystem. And your choice do matter. About 33h to complete Main Quest+Sides Quest. One of my favorite rpgs of all time. Cant Wait for Witcher3!
  2. Oct 16, 2014
    Lets start from intro. Thats how games on next gen should look like. AWESOME. The game itself is quite interesting, but overall i think its also a bit overrated. Story is quite nice, interesting, the graphics are ok, this isnt unreal engine which is great because im tired of the games that look like copy/paste products (after couple hundreds of games on UE i really am sick of it). So whatLets start from intro. Thats how games on next gen should look like. AWESOME. The game itself is quite interesting, but overall i think its also a bit overrated. Story is quite nice, interesting, the graphics are ok, this isnt unreal engine which is great because im tired of the games that look like copy/paste products (after couple hundreds of games on UE i really am sick of it). So what made me say this game is over rated?
    Gameplay - its just quite bad. Fighting seems a bit stiff just like the animation of characters. And if You take A/V from the game whats left isnt that impressive. Chceck Game of Thrones RPG - i was playing GOT after i finished Witcher 2 and besides awful Unreal Engine in GOT the game was way better in terms of story, and got pummeled by critics for... stiff animation and bad gameplay :D So the Witcher just cant get reasonable higher score than GOT RPG.

TL:DR
    My Gameplay Time (1 walkthrough): ~40 h
    Graphics: 8
    Audio: 7
    Gameplay: 3

Verdict: Overrated, but not half bad. 7/10
  3. Jul 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bom jogo, porém muito fraco na categoria 'RPG':
    - Muito curto para um RPG, é possível concluir o jogo em míseras 8 horas;
    - Não sentimos que nosso trabalho em arrecadar loot faça qualquer diferença;
    - Não sentimos realmente que somos o personagem, falta aquele lance de 'Role Playing';
    - Poucas opções de armaduras e armas (Terminei o jogo trocando de armadura 3 vezes e de arma outras 3 cada);
    - Árvores de evolução não são recompensadoras, quase não sentimos real diferença ao subir de nível;
    - Certa linearidade, pois uma vez que passamos por uma localidade é impossível retornar a mesma;
    - Localidades poucas e pequenas, em 1 hora perambulando já se decora a área toda;
    - Quando dado 'lock-on' nos adversários a esquiva não segue o padrão do mesmo e o Geralt ainda não anda 'de ré', ele simplesmente DÁ AS COSTAS pro adversário;
    - Não sentimos que somos realmente úteis! De fato, de 'caçador de monstros' é o que não somos! Todos monstros são pequenos, salvo 3 ou 4 chefes e todos estão me uma área muito próximos uns dos outros.

Porém o jogo tem seus pontos positivos:

- Ótimos gráficos;
    - Cenário bem trabalhado;
    - Personagens bem detalhados;
    - Modo de batalha bem legal;
    - Muitas opções de conversa;
    - Diferentes finais;

Resumindo:
    É um bom jogo, um jogo bem sólido, porém falha em coisas simples e banais.
    De um modo geral, espere algo superior à Dragon's Dogma, mas infinitamente inferior à Skyrim.
  4. Jul 1, 2014
    I had heard a lot about this game and after seeing the Witcher 3 on E3, I just could resist any more.
    And I got what I hoped. This game is one of the best of the past generation.
    I avoided it cause I hate RPGs, but couldn't resist the awesome story. Game of Thrones meets Mass Effect in a very EPIC way. The gameplay has so many aspects and all of them are well refined as are all the
    And I got what I hoped. This game is one of the best of the past generation.
    I avoided it cause I hate RPGs, but couldn't resist the awesome story.
    Game of Thrones meets Mass Effect in a very EPIC way.
    The gameplay has so many aspects and all of them are well refined as are all the features.
    Even the puzzles, even the small details, even the recipes... everything is pretty well made so as to serve a purpose and make it meaningful.

The story is probably one of the best in the history of video games and is pretty mature giving you choices that matter and that feel very "grey". We await the arrival of Geralt next Feb ten times more hyped.
  5. Jun 2, 2014
    The Witcher 2 is an amazing game.
    Story- the story is great, it has a lot of mystery and bombshells and keeps you guessing. Lots of characters can be a hassle but all are relevant and well written. Lots of different opnions, That intrigue you. The main protagonist is likeable, and the side characters are all well written.
    Content- it's a 55hr game. All the side missions (which are well
    The Witcher 2 is an amazing game.

Content- it's a 55hr game. All the side missions (which are well done with different outcomes) there's a lot. Three different 'zones' you play in. Lots of different weapons and armours to acquire.

Graphics- nice textures, shadows. Lots of colour in combat.

Gameplay- swords, axes, hammers, spears, bombs, oils, magic, block, parry, daggers, traps. This tactical RPG ticks all the boxes. Three main skill trees, alchemy, swordsman, magic. Lvl cap is 35. Lots of enimies variety ranging from creatures and humans, and any in between.

Sound- voice acting is great, sound effects for combat is great, background noise for nature is good but towns chatter is repitive.

Overall but this masterpiece of an RPG.
  6. May 7, 2014
    Eh, it's the slightly more mature version of Fable. The sense of humor is awful along with the clunky combat. You can only accept and do one quest at a time, there's no explanation. Maybe Geralt has a limited mental capacity, who knows. I beat the game in a day and the side-quests are pretty craptastic. There's no variety in it and the love-making scenes are clunky and awkward and not toEh, it's the slightly more mature version of Fable. The sense of humor is awful along with the clunky combat. You can only accept and do one quest at a time, there's no explanation. Maybe Geralt has a limited mental capacity, who knows. I beat the game in a day and the side-quests are pretty craptastic. There's no variety in it and the love-making scenes are clunky and awkward and not to mention, hard to watch. Story's pretty bad and the narrative makes no sense. Expand
  7. Mar 2, 2014
    This is a good game, but too much holds it back from being a really great game. The game has some really pretty graphics for the most part. My only complaint is that during the cutscenes the characters can often times seem a bit stiff in the face, which takes away from the immersion. The other problem with the graphics being as good as they are is that the xbox seems to struggle with it aThis is a good game, but too much holds it back from being a really great game. The game has some really pretty graphics for the most part. My only complaint is that during the cutscenes the characters can often times seem a bit stiff in the face, which takes away from the immersion. The other problem with the graphics being as good as they are is that the xbox seems to struggle with it a lot when it comes to the cutscenes. Many textures pop in, which reminds me a lot of the first Mass Effect game. Also, several of the cutscenes and story transitions pause to load, which to me was a huge drawback as far as immersion goes and really makes some of the story drag on, especially at the end of the second act.
    As a side note to something that takes away from the immersion of the game, IMO, the audio is downright awful at times. The audio can be all over the place from time to time, from loud to soft to loud. Also, at times it sounds like the actors/actresses were being recorded on subpar equipment with a level of static in the background. I just found this so distracting when I really was getting into the story and cutscenes.
    As far as the story goes, it is somewhat convoluted at times and can get a little confusing, but overall you get a sense that there is a depth to it that many games don't attempt to convey and they instead keep things shallow and simple. I would say that just as The Last Of Us has some very mature themes, this game holds that type of maturity, not withstanding the **** and cursing. I also really enjoyed the tough choices that didn't have an easy "good" or "evil" slant to them, as well as the game having some large story shifts depending on the choices you make.
    Ultimately, for me the gameplay is where this game has it's many flaws as well as triumphs, which makes it a really good game but also a very frustrating one at the same time. As said by many, the beginning is downright infuriating. I will not say it's impossible like some say, but I also can't say that it's just hard and takes skill to get through. Instead, it feels like you were thrown into the deep end without being told how to do almost anything. The small tutorial throws so many things at you at once that I had a hard time remembering what controlled what. That wouldn't have been a problem if the game had allowed me to slowly get use to all the things Geralt can do, but instead, I quickly found myself surrounded by foes, getting slaughtered several times before realizing that the dodge move would be my greatest ally for the first quarter of the game. It really made the first part of the game a huge chore to get through, and instead of allowing me to fall in love with the game's story and gameplay, I became increasingly frustrated. I actually stopped playing the game after the prologue and didn't plan on continuing. But as RPG's go, the setting was one of my favorites, so I picked it up again after about a day, and once I got past the prologue that's when I found myself enjoying it more.
    Some other smaller and yet frustrating things is the annoying cap on Geralt's weight limit coupled with the very involved and often complicated potion making system, making me want to carry as many ingredients with me as I can but not being able to. Also, I liked the alchemy system a lot and the various things he could make was really interesting and could have been fun, but the user interface it's wrapped up in is really complicated and in my opinion annoying too. For me, I actually had a lot of fun with the combat once I got past the frustrating beginning. Yes, the lock on mechanics are pretty awful, the parry and countering system isn't consistent, potion making and taking not being allowed in combat is just weird, traps and knife throwing is too slow and odd, and his magic signs not packing as big of a punch as I hoped for is unfortunate, but I got a lot of satisfaction from hitting monsters and humans alike with the swords. It just felt like I was a slaughtering machine and I liked that. As others said, the map isn't that helpful, and the quest markers are pretty awful. I know I spent a few more hours in the game because I didn't know where the hell I was suppose to go sometimes.
    Lastly, to me the game does get repetitive around the middle of the second act when you realize that each act is the same as far as overall gameplay goes. Your "hub" is a town, and then you can "explore" a little bit outside of the town, but that's about it. At least half the game has you running around these towns looking for people to speak to, and all you do outside of towns is find things, people, or monsters and then come back to the town to progress the story.
    Overall, I loved the setting and the atmosphere of the game and had fun playing it. I will never understand 10s or 0s on Metacritic. This gets a 7.5 for me. Wishing TW3 fixes these things and makes the best RPG to date. Thanks for the read!
  8. Feb 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a warning to anyone that may be on the fence about buying this game. ITs not as good as the reviewers are making it out to be. The story is very confusing ( I guess playing the first would help, but then I guess they should have released the first one too). The combat is a terrible mess and it will cause you to die a lot. I don't mind dying( I am a big fan of Dark Souls), but this combat system seems broken. The menus are also some of the worst I have ever seen in a game. I didn't know how half of the things worked. And the "mature" content that everyone is talking about seems pretty damn juvenile to me. I mean, is **** and asses on the **** screen what goes for mature story telling nowadays? I would certainly hope not.

I mean, was the constant nudity really necessary? It just seemed like the same **** "shock" techniques that Rockstar uses to make their **** games seem good. Its just a ploy to get low-minded people interested in or sorry game. "Hey look, this game as T&A in it! Its so **** mature, we are really acting like adults by playing this!" It really goes to show how stupid people have really become. A game need only to have a complex story and interesting character to be mature, not bloody T&A!

Oh, and one more thing, the quest layout is broken. I lost all my progress, when I went to a boss fight, and lost because I hadn't got some stupid trap. Why the **** couldn't they just tell me to get the trap first. I mean, Skyrim tells you the order things need top be done in. And I am not talking about holding my hand( like I said, I am a fan of Dark Souls), but don't stab me in the damn back either.

Well, that's all I got to say. I raged quit soon after losing to that boss and haven't played since. If my words haven't detoured you, at least rent first. It will make taking it back a lot easier. =/
  9. Jan 16, 2014
    This game is the best RPG storytelling in gaming history. It can be quite difficult also. The decision making is tangible and the combat although a little slow is dynamic and fun. What I really want to emphasize here is the visuals and the storyline. This game is like a great book, the main character Geralt feels like an ancient warrior who the player must slowly immerse into a changingThis game is the best RPG storytelling in gaming history. It can be quite difficult also. The decision making is tangible and the combat although a little slow is dynamic and fun. What I really want to emphasize here is the visuals and the storyline. This game is like a great book, the main character Geralt feels like an ancient warrior who the player must slowly immerse into a changing world. It is rewarding, the dialogue is interesting and the game, although very very large, does not feel repetitive. This is my favorite RPG of all time and I would recommend it to the Pope. Expand
  10. Jan 2, 2014
    TERRIBLE CONTROLS, REPETITIVE COMBAT...

TERRIBLE CONTROLS, REPETITIVE COMBAT...

...Many people are suggesting that the Witcher offers subtle, layered gameplay that's complex, tactical and realistic. In reality the controls are infuriating and unpredictable. You will spend most of your time rolling around in elaborate semi-circles on the ground like some drug-crazed loon with a big sword strapped to your back. If you want a game that simulates epileptic fits then the Witcher may be for you. The lock-on mechanic will get you killed the Witcher cannot strafe, he cannot side-step a foe. He does roll though, and that's about it. Anyone who's used to the fluid, natural sword-play of a Zelda game or even Prince of Persia will be left reeling and yes, I know those games are easier but they play well and that's the point.

There is real ambition in the story-telling and the cut-scenes dramatic talking heads that easily rival Mass Effect but the play is in the controls and they are distinctly rubbish. Save your money, the Witcher 2 is a huge disappointment.
  11. Dec 30, 2013
    Great story, solid gameplay, and appreciated mature themes. This is the type of game those of us who grew up playing Nintendo and Sega console games have been waiting for. Movie-quality story, adult themes, occasional nudity, bloody and gore. It's as good as your favorite action-adventure movie. Fantastic voice acting, characters you grow to care about, and terrific pacing. The menu systemGreat story, solid gameplay, and appreciated mature themes. This is the type of game those of us who grew up playing Nintendo and Sega console games have been waiting for. Movie-quality story, adult themes, occasional nudity, bloody and gore. It's as good as your favorite action-adventure movie. Fantastic voice acting, characters you grow to care about, and terrific pacing. The menu system can be clunky at times, but for an overall gaming experience, this one is hard to beat. Without question, belongs in the same tier of action RPG games as the KOTOR franchise, Mass Effect, and Fallout 3. CD Projekt Red has created a gaming experience. Anxiously awaiting the third in the trilogy. Expand
  12. Dec 27, 2013
    What a waste of money! I've never wanted to throw a game in the garbage before! Luckily I only paid $30. But that is still way too much money for this piece of crap! I gave it a 1 for the sole reason that it actually booted up!
  13. Dec 10, 2013
    This game is outstanding.

Coming from the Baldur's Gate and Fallout background, I absolutely love the proper RPG feel in Witcher 2. The story feels real and engaging. Dialogues are amazing. Game mechanics are pleasant. The world is alive, and there's a freedom of choice. Yet, there are few things I didn't like. The story feels too political at times; and it's rather linear. I wish
    This game is outstanding.

Yet, there are few things I didn't like.

The story feels too political at times; and it's rather linear. I wish there was more freedom in the Witcher world.

Conversations sometimes become too long and too deep. I love a good dialogue in Witcher it feels like reading George Martin book but I often caught myself tired of following all the intricacies of the conversation.

Some things stroke me as unrealistic. You can freely pick up stuff from people's houses. Of course it makes things easier... but perhaps too easy?

While the fight dynamics are pretty satisfying, I do wish there was more combos. And the fact that you can't restore health in a fight is really annoying at times. On the other hand, it certainly makes for unique strategy in this game.
  14. Dec 5, 2013
    Great game just not long enough. Loved the story and characters. More of the same please only bigger. And why only release it on nxt gen.? As long as it lives up to the last one I'll forgive you.
  15. Nov 24, 2013
    I give this game a 5 mainly because its not as good as the hype, plus not to mention people compared this game godlike to that of skyrim which made me feel like buying it more. I bought this used at gamestop with a $20 off coupon so i paid $7 for it so it was definitely worth that price.

Don't get me wrong the story of this game is a great one, and you don't need to play the first one to understand the story. Though this game is more story than gameplay to where I find myself often bored and rushing some of the pointless dialogue. It feels more like you're watching an epic medieval movie where you get a few free moments to live it.

The graphics are great and the textures are sharp with amazing contrast to the colors. Very vibrant foliage while out questing that is pleasing to the eye.

The towns on this game look very disappointing. They look like a giant just ate a village and crapped them out calling it a town. Very difficult to navigate through and ugly to they eye.

Combat in this game is a plus because its very creative and I love the direction the combat system is moving for this game; however, with this game being more story and dialogue you hardly get to enjoy questing and fighting baddies in this installment of a game.

You can craft armor in the game which kind of makes me think of a watered down version of monster hunters armor crafting.

The side quests get a little on the repetitive side and you spend alot more time in dialogue of your quest than actually questing.

The bad guys in the game get old after a while because it seems most of them fight the same way.

I will say that in dialogue it stays true to modern RPG's where you can decide what happens in the game rather than it forcing you to do something.

I'm the kind of guy where I work many hours at my job so when i get home and have caught up with dinner and more I have about 2-3 hours of gaming left before its time to pass out, so this game wasn't truly for me and reason is because 2 1/2 of those hours I spent gaming were more sex scenes and dialogue than actual gameplay.

The maps aren't very open more so limiting, yet still looks great and the game itself can be beaten quick. The game plays more like if you took Fable and mixed it with dragon age origins, and hours upon hours of dialogue with a better story yet improving the combat features.

This game plays well on a day where you're hungover and don't want to focus on gaming yet giving yourself a movie experience.

If you love nudity and softcore sex scenes in games over actual gameplay then this a game for you.
    If you want to be a gaming hipster/elitist and say you play something thats not a popular skyrim game then this is for you.

I just found myself unsatisfied after beating the game and was wishing there was more gameplay to it.
    I mean the game itself on xbox 360 was a 2 disc game, so i was expecting a game that would take me months to beat while being sucked in its vastness. So yeah I was let down alot.

I think the 3rd installment of this game will be alot better. It looks like they might be giving gameplay more of a spotlight this time.

If you have alot of time on your hands and love medieval themes with sex scenes and alot of story then this is for you, but if you love to be more interactive with your game then I would say hold off till the 3rd one and play games like Skyrim, Dark souls and Monster hunter.

Still a shame that with a good combat system you don't get to truly enjoy its potential.
  16. Nov 14, 2013
    Disappointment sums it up... Playing the Witcher 2 feels like a chore; it's not enjoyable but more of a bore. It features very linear gameplay, and is not the open world thriller it's been marketed as. Instead of a vastly open map you navigate through a spider web of trails divided into small regions which are susceptible to load-outs when boarder hoping. Combat controls need to beDisappointment sums it up... Playing the Witcher 2 feels like a chore; it's not enjoyable but more of a bore. It features very linear gameplay, and is not the open world thriller it's been marketed as. Instead of a vastly open map you navigate through a spider web of trails divided into small regions which are susceptible to load-outs when boarder hoping. Combat controls need to be executed precisely and will take hours to master. The game often leaves you in combat situations that seem impossible thanks to the stubborn controls and complexity of motions required. The sad part is I want to like this game so much, I put it back in my xbox once a month only to remember that its sucks. And whats even sadder is, I'm decently hyped for the Witcher 3, as if it will be any different. Expand
  17. Oct 19, 2013
    The Wither is my favorite franchise. The game hasa an adult plot, interesting characters and outstanding graphics. I can not wait to see The Witcher 3.
  18. Oct 1, 2013
    Although i started playing this game with a lot of enthusiasm it really didn't deliver the experience i thought it would give.

Lot's of cut-scenes, loads upon loads of dialogue, a good share of technical issues, a horrible in game menu, a frustrating map system, all wrapped up in a very boring and uninteresting story to say the least... Don't buy this game, it's a waste of both your

Don't buy this game, it's a waste of both your money and your time.
  19. Aug 31, 2013
    The story and characters really tie together well and make for an interesting and purposeful gaming experience. The decision-making elements in the game are subtle and dialogue choices significant, meaning you really have to be sure of what you are saying and doing. Any lack of conviction meaning you may have to try a lot harder for the outcome you desire, fail at a quest or even end up onThe story and characters really tie together well and make for an interesting and purposeful gaming experience. The decision-making elements in the game are subtle and dialogue choices significant, meaning you really have to be sure of what you are saying and doing. Any lack of conviction meaning you may have to try a lot harder for the outcome you desire, fail at a quest or even end up on the wrong side of your friends sword. Attention to detail and design is impressive and further adds to the feel of a living world within the game. If you’re prepared to put in the time and effort The Witcher 2 really is a game you can’t miss. Expand
  20. Aug 29, 2013
    Quick, re-review.

Great game, but takes some getting into and hard work to get to the nitty gritty goodness. Buy it and follow my advice to enjoy it the most - 1) When answering questions in the Dungeon about what happened do it in order, from top to bottom. Otherwise you play out the prologue in an order which makes no sense and throws you for the rest of the game. 2) You get
    Quick, re-review.

Buy it and follow my advice to enjoy it the most -

2) You get the choice of two paths, without doubt one is far more interesting than the other IMO so create a save before you make this choice (it's towards the end of chapter one and *minor spoiler* it's when you choose between an elf or a King's bodyguard), and don't be afraid to restart from that save if you find the path you chose boring.

3) If you get to the end of Chapter 1 and things aren't making sense, quit, take a breather for a few days/weeks, and start the game again understanding all the terminology/people/events goes a long way to making the game enjoyable.
  21. Aug 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I want to make this clear: I am not writing this review to troll or to be unique or edgy (since this is considered an amazing game). This is truly my opinion, and my opinion is that this is an over-rated game in every regard.

The combat is boring, and it mostly just resorts to button mashing. There are no reasons to use your silver sword, as both your weapons deal pretty much the same damage even to monsters. There are also massive difficulty spikes that are simply unfair and punishing.

I do not understand why the story has gotten so much praise. It pretty much just boils down to trying to find a guy that kills kings, while also trying to save your kidnapped girlfriend. In between, you have sex a lot. Some NPCs are put into the game for the soul purpose of providing a sex scene.

There is one scene in the game where you fall into a tomb with Triss, your girlfriend. You say that she needs a bath, and proceed to have a 5 minute long sex scene. Also, why do you have so much sex with other women when you always proclaim that you love Triss and will stop at nothing to get her back?

Also, why am I supposed to care if King Foltest is assassinated? I've been with that character for 20 minutes for the prologue, and then he dies. He was the motivation for chasing down the kingslayer, but I have absolutely no emotional attachment to him. It's hard to care about a story when you're unattached to what's going on in said story.

There are some moments of greatness in this game in which the game shows that it could actually start ramping up, perhaps becoming exciting. The prologue for instance was one of the best levels in any game I've seen. It's too bad that that level was squandered because the rest of the game is so boring and offers little in the way of rewards.

In conclusion, I believe that this game might be among the most overrated games of our generation. I simply don't get it. I don't understand how this game has garnered critical acclaim, but I respect that people enjoy it. This game is just not for me perhaps.
  22. Jul 4, 2013
    Con The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings sono a metà dell'atto 2 ma non lo porterò a termine a causa dei troppi difetti che gli trovo giocandoci. La storia non particolarmente coinvolgente o emozionante e non riesce a spiccare come invece si vede nei giochi di ruolo giapponesi ben più articolati e complessi; le fastidiose e troppo frequenti scene di sesso gratuito rovinano l'evolversi delleCon The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings sono a metà dell'atto 2 ma non lo porterò a termine a causa dei troppi difetti che gli trovo giocandoci. La storia non particolarmente coinvolgente o emozionante e non riesce a spiccare come invece si vede nei giochi di ruolo giapponesi ben più articolati e complessi; le fastidiose e troppo frequenti scene di sesso gratuito rovinano l'evolversi delle vicende ridicolizzando la sceneggiatura che già di per se appena sufficiente; le espressioni facciali sono inesistenti e la personalità dei personaggi lascia a desiderare; il doppiaggio buono ma non raggiunge i livelli visti in Red Dead Redemption o L.A. Noire; il gameplay un ibrido tra strategia ed azione che a tratti risulta mal riuscito, specie nelle situazioni in cui ci si trova combattere con degli alleati; la quasi totale mancanza di boss battle non attribuisce al gioco quel livello di sfida visto ad esempio in Dark Souls; la gestione del personaggio tallonata dal limite di livello imposto ad un massimo di 35; la mappa confusionaria e poco dettagliata; spesso si obbligati a scartare oggetti perchè non si ha la possibilità di venderli non avendo un negoziante nei paraggi; per creare equipaggiamento/oggetti bisogna recarsi da un fabbro anzichè far da se, ecc ecc… Insomma una produzione con molte buone idee ma decisamente mal sviluppate. Il gioco sarebbe potuto essere un buon rpg se solo fosse stato curato un pò meglio. Per quanto mi riguarda raggiunge appena il 7, non completato e riposto nello scaffale. Expand
  23. Jun 9, 2013
    If you start playing, you will want more!
    The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is a great game with a great storyline, great voice acting and a beautifull world created by Andrzej Sapkowski. Truly, this is the best game I have ever played and I can't wait for The Witcher 3!
  24. May 14, 2013
    Fantastic game. One of the best RPG experiences iv ever had. If your looking for something deep, mature, and engrossing, this is a must. Great storytelling, great characters, great combat with some tactical parts to it, great world. 10/10 from me.
  25. May 13, 2013
    Simply amazing game. Combines depth of its predecessor with greatly improved combat and character development systems. The only shortcomings are occasional bugs and the length of the game it's much shorter than the first installment (hence the 9, not 10). Best console RPG since Dragon Age: Origins.
  26. May 5, 2013
    This is one of my favorite games. I love the story and the characters. It was easy to figure out the game play and leveling up the character was good too.
  27. Apr 30, 2013
    One of the worst games I have every played

There is nothing really good about this game apart from somewhat interesting characters and some sex scenes. But there is a tone of bad things about this game. The map is terrible and confusing to follow selling items at the shop is you will sell like 50 items and get about 1 or 2 money out of it, the combat is bad rolling and blocking
    One of the worst games I have every played

But there is a tone of bad things about this game.
    The map is terrible and confusing to follow selling items at the shop is you will sell like 50 items and get about 1 or 2 money out of it, the combat is bad rolling and blocking sucks as it takes about 5 secs and buy the time you have done that the enemies have hit you, there is no variety in weapons just two swords no bows,hammers,staffs ect....
    The world is crap,no fast travel you have to climb up and down rock and there is no exploring just a one path world. The story is boring and the side quests are and there are a fear few bugs plus the graphics are not that good and bad to look at.

Overall this game is and boring and one of the worst games I have every seen and played.
  28. Apr 28, 2013
    This is a very adult RPG with a great story and incredible graphics. All of the dialogue is well written and the voice acting helps pull you in to the world that they have created. The swordplay is fun, it reminds me a little of the combat system in the assassins creed games. Magic is implemented well in this game and is not overpowered. All around this is one of the best RPGs thatThis is a very adult RPG with a great story and incredible graphics. All of the dialogue is well written and the voice acting helps pull you in to the world that they have created. The swordplay is fun, it reminds me a little of the combat system in the assassins creed games. Magic is implemented well in this game and is not overpowered. All around this is one of the best RPGs that I've played, and I've played several. If you haven't played it yet you should give it a try. Expand
  29. Apr 27, 2013
    I was genuinely surprised that I did not like The Witcher 2, after hearing all the praise from both critics and friends. They praised the story, the gameplay, and the "deep" and "mature" writing. I failed to see any of this in-game.

My gripes with this game are mainly minors ones. For example, the animations. Everyone looks like they’ve got a rod down their spine, and they barely have any emotions at all. Geralt himself is a robot, responding with grunts and stiff nods. In fact, I found almost all the characters stale and uninteresting.

Secondly, the menu system. This game was not made for the consoles, period. The menus are crowded, messy, and hard to understand compared to other RPGs.

Thirdly, the combat. I found myself just mashing the "A" button until my opponent died, occasionally rolling away from attacks and waiting for my health to regenerate. I saw little purpose for using magic, and there was no need to.

Lastly, The Witcher 2 has a serious lack of customization and variety of its enemies and items.

Overall, The Witcher 2 has its shortcomings, mainly its menus, combat, and lack of customization. But it has its strong points too, like its story, even if it tries to be “mature.”
  30. Apr 15, 2013
    Amazing start but after the prologue the game goes down hill. More accurately it plumets off a cliff. The reason being, EVERY side quest is bugged or broken. A wonderful game just becomes tremendously frustrating. Your left wandering aimlessly for hours because there are no quest markers or the game won't register. Too bad.

1. Jul 13, 2012
    Witcher 2 is a throwback in a lot of ways to old PC games, which certainly appeals to me. The delivery method is modern, no doubt, but the fact there's a lot of poking and prodding (and death) that happens even early on has me anxious for another instalment.
  2. Jun 26, 2012
    The high bar of visuals is followed by a good score, and descent acting, some of the spell and combat audio has a edge to it that sounds lower quality then the rest of the audio landscape.
  3. Jun 17, 2012
    The Xbox 360 port is an impressive technical accomplishment that brings a classic PC RPG experience to a new audience. The transition is not flawless, but those who stick with it will be rewarded with an intriguing and entertaining experience.