8.3

1. Feb 1, 2013
    For an independent developer this is really a surprisingly good RPG. This is perhaps the only game I can put almost on par with Dragon Age. Graphically it is utterly gorgeous. Combat is fun, but also (relatively) realistic and not just a random button masher. The lore is also pretty engaging and it is nice that they finally release an RPG that is aimed at adults. It is told with an adultFor an independent developer this is really a surprisingly good RPG. This is perhaps the only game I can put almost on par with Dragon Age. Graphically it is utterly gorgeous. Combat is fun, but also (relatively) realistic and not just a random button masher. The lore is also pretty engaging and it is nice that they finally release an RPG that is aimed at adults. It is told with an adult audience in mind (not just the mature content.) Perhaps my only real criticism is that it is over too soon. I wish it had been a bit longer as it really does a fantastic job of pulling you in and immersing you in the world. I'm not saying the game is short, it's not. I also really loved the fact that the choices you make really do have different outcomes and progress the game in an almost completely different direction. At one point it almost felt like 2 different stories. Overall a fantastic game and I really hope they continue with this series. Expand
  2. Apr 17, 2012
    I remember when I play the PC version of The Witcher, I love the game, after when I hear about a version of Xbox 360 I´m feeling happy. This version is excellent, have some mistakes. The gameplay is excellent, awesome, the controls, the graphics, all. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings- Enchanced Edition (large name), is awesome.
  3. May 7, 2012
    The first thing that struck me about the Witcher 2 was the complex menu system. I wasn't too surprised in the beginning considering that every new RPG that I've played took a little getting use to before accessing the menu to become second nature, but with this game I was still turned around trying to navigate my way through the inventory, journals and potion making right to the very endThe first thing that struck me about the Witcher 2 was the complex menu system. I wasn't too surprised in the beginning considering that every new RPG that I've played took a little getting use to before accessing the menu to become second nature, but with this game I was still turned around trying to navigate my way through the inventory, journals and potion making right to the very end of the game. The menu looks like it still accommadates a mouse rather than a controller. That's really the biggest issue I have with the game. I liked the combat as it reminded me of Fable's speed and flourishing and not the usual weightless fighting that most other RPG's display. The story was one of the best that I have had the privilege to play out, although it did seem rather short. Being an RPG veteran, I usually know how to manage sidequests to get the full playability of a game. But in this one I seemed to stumble upon the mainquest unintentionally, thereby, locking my sidequest out and moving on to the next chapter. After playing it once through, I feel I can go back and stay away from the mainquest in order to experience the full game, but I would have preferred to have done that in the first play through. I don't need to say anything about how great the artwork and graphics are in this game because its screen shots speak for themselves. The voice acting is topnotch even for the minor characters and nondescript townspeople in the game. I appreciate the obvious care and effort the developers put into this game and feel all companies should reach this standard the CDprojeckt has shown. Too bad this game didn't have a censor option to avoid the gratuitous vulgarity and nudity because I was limited to certain times to play this game for the reason I have small children in the house. Very good game but it didn't leave me blown away like I thought it was going to. Expand
  4. Apr 19, 2012
    A very good rpg with very welcome mature themes.Despite the fact that this version is filled with minor tech issues,it's amazing that it even works on the aging hardware at all and indeed looks good most of the time.For a story driven rpg,the plot is decent but comes in fits and starts and is hardly a masterpiece.Geralt was the only character I felt anything for and that wasn't much at allA very good rpg with very welcome mature themes.Despite the fact that this version is filled with minor tech issues,it's amazing that it even works on the aging hardware at all and indeed looks good most of the time.For a story driven rpg,the plot is decent but comes in fits and starts and is hardly a masterpiece.Geralt was the only character I felt anything for and that wasn't much at all really.While the loot is pretty dull throughout,the crafting and alchemy are quite good as is the combat .A step back for me is the linearity of the game.After Skyrim,each rpg I've played has felt constrained and though The Witcher series is good,especially its themes and intricacies,it can't approach the majesty of Skyrim and it's open world. Expand
  5. Apr 17, 2012
    "The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings" is an Action-RPG with a dense plot and faster action, but that needs to be planned, addressing several controversial issues and complex gameplay, that have various levels of customization.

Many people likes to compare the game to another RPG, Skyrim, but that doesn't apply, because they are different genres of RPG (although I like more the freedom of the first), this game would be more comparable with Dragon Age I / II style, to who does not know the game (I did not know it before).

The opening it is very bloody and with great graphics, and in the gameplay this realistic look is maintained... I just noticed that in some transitions, or in some textures of distant elements / effects, sometimes we see some pixels while the game get a visual focus, but nothing to worry about.

I wish that we had some minor details: when playing, you have virtual boundaries of the scenarios, for example fumbling the plants (they are static), or the mouth of the NPC scenario moving when that talk, but, as I said, they are minor things that hopefully can clean up a fix. In general, all the graphics in most cut-scenes use the game engine, and are very realistic.

The songs are epic orchestrated, well suited to the game, and without any criticism - do the dubbing, which is perfectly well acted, and the main dialogs all have voices.

Just noticed that sometimes varying the position of the camera, the characters voices are weaker (like a distance effect) or suffer interference from other local sounds (eg wind), which makes it temporarily too low - which does not cease to be realistic, but sometimes annoying.

Get ready for complex dialogs, because the story itself is based on books: there is much to read, and discover the main quest and side- quests, and there is blood, sex and violence in the script!

At this point it surpasses from far the "shock" images / themes of Dragon Age as well: here is something much more explicit, either in blood or in the nude scenes (which is total, showing almost all in the womens).

In the main Gameplay there four difficulties: Easy, Normal, Hard and Dark, and because of the variety of strategies to use, to defeat and survive your enemies, together with the controls with multiple functions, Witcher 2 can be a more challenging game to some people.

The combat is pretty cool: pure action, you switch between two classes of swords, the silver (monsters in general) and steel (humans in general), which have hard and fast strokes, which must be balanced according to the enemy attack, having also the block, dodging and preemptive strikes.

Also, in the core of the combat is the use of your character's spells (magic is explained in the plot, because they are able to use her mutant), which have various categories such as domination, fire, stun, a great variety! The use of spells before and during the combat is essential to survive and plan your combat strategies.

In addition we have also a Skill tree that extends to four sides, each one of a kind, between numerous classes of Skills. In your Main Menus, you can develop armor, and see the extensive details that the game gave, in the description and background of almost everything in the game, and in the Meditation Menu, you can do more actions, like alchemy to create potions.

In sum, these game have a gameplay that just blends fast action and strategy in the right dose, with great and realistic graphics, audio and a well developed story - more than recommended to the ones who like a serious RPG. My score: 9,0 / 10,0 .
  6. May 22, 2015
    The Witcher 2 is a semi-open world action-RPG that has you playing as a witcher, Geralt of Rivia. The story involves you tracking down a man named Letho to clear your name of a crime he committed and you were blamed for. The combat is enjoyable, with five different spells to use and, of course, your swords; steel for humans and similar species, and silver for monsters. Aside form theThe Witcher 2 is a semi-open world action-RPG that has you playing as a witcher, Geralt of Rivia. The story involves you tracking down a man named Letho to clear your name of a crime he committed and you were blamed for. The combat is enjoyable, with five different spells to use and, of course, your swords; steel for humans and similar species, and silver for monsters. Aside form the intruiging main story, there are quite a number of side quests you can go on. The decisions you make in the story can genuinely impact the plot, I should mention. Also, I like the leveling up and crafing systems (the oils and potions work well). As for the bad...the minigames are kind of lackluster and the glitches are a real pain (these are the most obvious but not the only bad things about the game). At least one side quest became broken due to a glitch. Still, if you're thinking of playing this game before The Witcher 3, do it. It's a fine game but not quite on the level of The Witcher 3. Expand
  7. Jul 1, 2014
    I had heard a lot about this game and after seeing the Witcher 3 on E3, I just could resist any more.
    And I got what I hoped. This game is one of the best of the past generation.
    I avoided it cause I hate RPGs, but couldn't resist the awesome story. Game of Thrones meets Mass Effect in a very EPIC way. The gameplay has so many aspects and all of them are well refined as are all the
    And I got what I hoped. This game is one of the best of the past generation.
    I avoided it cause I hate RPGs, but couldn't resist the awesome story.
    Game of Thrones meets Mass Effect in a very EPIC way.
    The gameplay has so many aspects and all of them are well refined as are all the features.
    Even the puzzles, even the small details, even the recipes... everything is pretty well made so as to serve a purpose and make it meaningful.

The story is probably one of the best in the history of video games and is pretty mature giving you choices that matter and that feel very "grey". We await the arrival of Geralt next Feb ten times more hyped.
  8. May 29, 2012
    Despite the fact this game came out with little fanfare,make no mistake,this is a top tier game! In fact its easily among the best RPG's ever made.It has such a rich world in the game,but then it is based on the novels.The game has a good story along with your usual side quests you get in RPG's.Like Skyrim,the game has a very deep character customisation system that you will have to workDespite the fact this game came out with little fanfare,make no mistake,this is a top tier game! In fact its easily among the best RPG's ever made.It has such a rich world in the game,but then it is based on the novels.The game has a good story along with your usual side quests you get in RPG's.Like Skyrim,the game has a very deep character customisation system that you will have to work at for a long time to get anywhere on,but becomes so satisfying when your character starts to become more & more deadly as a result.Unlike most RPG's the enemys dont annoyingly level up with you,so you really start to feel the benefits of leveling up & getting more skills,but you'll still run into newer tougher enemies later on.Its satisfying though when you start beating enemies quite easily that were quite difficult earlier on in the game.Its a good basis for comparison for how your character is actually coming on.The game has dialog choices that can effect the story,but the real star of the show,suprisingly for this kind of game,is the combat.I cant stress enough how satisfying the combat IS in this game,parltly due to the satisfying melee combat,but also all the options open to you in combat.The combat is very reminiscent of Jade Empire & Assassins Creed,which anyone who's played those games will know,have excellent combat.It involves a very considered,tactical pace that requires you to be aware of where you are,whats around you,& where all the enemies are,as you move around,using your blocking & carefully timing your attacks & counter attacks(with various types of weapon,but you also have your silver sword to swith to & use for those monster class enemies).But thats just the melee combat.I mentioned that theres many other aspects in combat.In combat.Before combat,a Witcher(which is what you are,part of an elite guild of proffessional monster hunters thats been mutated & trained to fight monsters since you were a child)often prepares before beforehand.You can boost your stats up in various areas for quite some time by mixing(or buying)& drinking potions,putting oils & poisions on your weapons,& in combat itself,you have a wide array of tools at your disposal.On top of your standard attacks,you have traps & bombs that you can put on the ground/throw(which are easier to use than it sounds),ranged weapons & throwing daggers,special melee moves & a good selection of spells to employ,as as making enemies attack eachother,set them on fire,stun them allowing you to use cool execution moves,to spells of protection.Make no mistake,Witchers are very capable,& with all these options open to you in combat,it never gets old,trust me.
    If you've ever played a game,that is a long game,but also has combat that plays like an absolute dream,games like Mass Effect or Jade Empire,then you'll have an idea of the kind of game this is.The kind of game that you're glad is a long game,because you dont want it to end.This is one of those games.This game is highly polished & is RPG & combat system perfection,with a good story to boot,Hence my perfect 10.
  9. Apr 18, 2012
    This game is Awesome everything about it is just amazing from the stunning graphics to the smooth gameplay. The Witcher 2 for me is one of the best Xbox 360 game's of all time. This is a must buy for everyone who loves playing RPG's this game is of the hook.
  10. Aug 29, 2013
    Quick, re-review.

Great game, but takes some getting into and hard work to get to the nitty gritty goodness. Buy it and follow my advice to enjoy it the most - 1) When answering questions in the Dungeon about what happened do it in order, from top to bottom. Otherwise you play out the prologue in an order which makes no sense and throws you for the rest of the game. 2) You get
    Quick, re-review.

Buy it and follow my advice to enjoy it the most -

2) You get the choice of two paths, without doubt one is far more interesting than the other IMO so create a save before you make this choice (it's towards the end of chapter one and *minor spoiler* it's when you choose between an elf or a King's bodyguard), and don't be afraid to restart from that save if you find the path you chose boring.

3) If you get to the end of Chapter 1 and things aren't making sense, quit, take a breather for a few days/weeks, and start the game again understanding all the terminology/people/events goes a long way to making the game enjoyable.
  11. Jun 2, 2014
    The Witcher 2 is an amazing game.
    Story- the story is great, it has a lot of mystery and bombshells and keeps you guessing. Lots of characters can be a hassle but all are relevant and well written. Lots of different opnions, That intrigue you. The main protagonist is likeable, and the side characters are all well written.
    Content- it's a 55hr game. All the side missions (which are well
    The Witcher 2 is an amazing game.

Content- it's a 55hr game. All the side missions (which are well done with different outcomes) there's a lot. Three different 'zones' you play in. Lots of different weapons and armours to acquire.

Graphics- nice textures, shadows. Lots of colour in combat.

Gameplay- swords, axes, hammers, spears, bombs, oils, magic, block, parry, daggers, traps. This tactical RPG ticks all the boxes. Three main skill trees, alchemy, swordsman, magic. Lvl cap is 35. Lots of enimies variety ranging from creatures and humans, and any in between.

Sound- voice acting is great, sound effects for combat is great, background noise for nature is good but towns chatter is repitive.

Overall but this masterpiece of an RPG.
  12. Jun 20, 2012
    Saliva of the best transition for the Xbox from your PC! But we need an open map! And modify the development of character! And need to be on all devices in the near future! The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings best game 2012 on xbox 360 >>> :)
  13. Oct 11, 2012
    I'll get it out of the way now: it looked amazing! The world was created in a very beautiful way but simultaneously in a way that made it feel real and dark. I was a little concerned with the story line from the beginning but it quickly picked up and became more engaging after escaping the prison with Roche. From a story standpoint I really like the direction they took it and the openingI'll get it out of the way now: it looked amazing! The world was created in a very beautiful way but simultaneously in a way that made it feel real and dark. I was a little concerned with the story line from the beginning but it quickly picked up and became more engaging after escaping the prison with Roche. From a story standpoint I really like the direction they took it and the opening line of **** off" more then set the tone for whose shoes I would be filling and what can of a BAMF I would be. The main characters all seemed to have a immense depth and most of the side characters had rich stories. The lore is absolutely one of the strongpoints in the Witcher. The combat was really a huge shocker for me. After playing FPS, then moving to something like Skyrim, then Batman, I feel like man hands would adapt fair quickly to any control scheme. The button mapping seemed confusing and nonsensical during the early hours but after getting used to the challenge became the combat. I wouldn't go so far as to argue that the combat was difficult, but it did take some getting-used-to. It seemed like the combat would have been easier if I knew about the crafting or if that was stressed as the way to go about playing. Along with crafting I never touched throwing knives, traps, or bombs. There is an insane amount of random useless objects in this game and I felt like the loot was pretty useless. Killing people never really brought great loot and was only really an ends to a mean. That being said, getting into fights was sweet because it required that you actually think about the fighting and your position. The array of NPC species was really outstanding and I felt as if I was running into a species every 30 minutes or less and every couple of minutes I would see a character I had never seen before. They really did use a lot of unique resources and it helped a lot with immersion. Everything felt like it was done right and not rushed, and I appreciate that they did not try to make the world extremely huge and instead focused on making a small area really great. Overall the quality of this game is top notch through and through and is definitely something that I will jump back into later on down the road to try the completely different story path. Expand
  14. Apr 19, 2012
    The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is a very, very good RPG. Its world is especially unique to explore; it's a world that is filled with amnesty, intensity, radicalism and violence. But it is also a very lovable world, as it is filled with some of the best characters in any fantasy RPG. If Mass Effect is the king of Sci Fi characters, the Witcher 2 is the king of fantasy characters. TheThe Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is a very, very good RPG. Its world is especially unique to explore; it's a world that is filled with amnesty, intensity, radicalism and violence. But it is also a very lovable world, as it is filled with some of the best characters in any fantasy RPG. If Mass Effect is the king of Sci Fi characters, the Witcher 2 is the king of fantasy characters. The combat is also very refreshing; it's very tactical and very strategic, and one wrong move can make or break a battle. It keeps you on the edge of your seat constantly. The side quests, any fundamental part of an RPG, are probably the best out of any RPG I've played on the 360. They're meaty, quite long and moderately difficult mini-stories packed into a bite size chunk. And they are all very well done. The Witcher also sports some of the best eye candy on the Xbox 360; even though there are some framerate hiccups here and there, The Witcher 2 really looks positively unique and beautiful. The reason for an 8.5? The Witcher 2 is very, very rough around the edges. Common control issues, weird and frequent AI brain farts, and plenty of just random bugs that permeate the experience, both massive and little. And, despite the Witcher 2 only being out for a year now, it is already showing age. Some moments are shockingly archaic; the dragon scene in the prologue, for instance. It is incredible how much this game progresses past so many of its RPG brethren, yet stumbles and falls flat in other areas that games like Skyrim, Dark Souls, and Mass Effect have all done very well. Now, don't worry, The Witcher 2 is still a phenomenal game. It's mature in the sense that the story is about intense relations between kingdoms, and the game doesn't hold your hand to tell the story. You have to make an effort to remember characters and link personalities and such; it's a refreshing way to tell a fantasy story, and it's done really well. I don't care much for the nudity or the cursing because A) you don't have to have sex to make a mature game, without it (or at least conveniently censored) the Wticher would still be wonderful (BTW, for those wondering, you skip any scene with such content by pressing the X button), and B) they didn't really have the profanity that we have today back in the medieval times, which the Witcher tries to replicate. One thing I keep asking myself is why I continue to play the Witcher 2...I play games to escape from reality, especially RPG's, not get caught up in political clout and other problems in a medieval fantasy RPG. But that's just it; The Witcher's world is so finely crafted, it almost seems like a natural parody of our world today. So I must admit, The Witcher 2 is a great, great game. It requires a little more leniency in terms of bugs and glitches, and the mature content almost feels silly to have, especially in a fantasy RPG that tries to tear you away from the real world. Whatever you may think of the content, there's no forgiving a nearly one year old game for being buggy and glitchy. Despite the gripes, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is well worth your time; the story is wonderfully told, the world is totally unique, the combat is stellar, and the game overall is a blessing to finally play. Thanks for the great port! 8.5/10 - rounds up to a 9/10. Expand
  15. Apr 18, 2012
    The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is a Masterpiece. Ported over from PC, this game looks fantastic and plays extremely well. It takes little time to learn the wide array of creative mechanics before you feel comfortable playing like a pro. The engaging, realistic, complex, and mature campaign is gripping and soon you feel lost into the character Geralt. In a sense, you feel like you haveThe Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is a Masterpiece. Ported over from PC, this game looks fantastic and plays extremely well. It takes little time to learn the wide array of creative mechanics before you feel comfortable playing like a pro. The engaging, realistic, complex, and mature campaign is gripping and soon you feel lost into the character Geralt. In a sense, you feel like you have become a Witcher. This sense of fitting right in to the character has only been accomplished in a few other games, such as Halo, Gears of War, Mass Effect, and Uncharted. Without a doubt, this is an excellent game with pretty much nothing to whine about. If you don't like playing on PC, then the Witcher 2 is more than enough of a reason to get an Xbox 360 so you can dive in and join the Epic-ness before you miss out! WARNING: this is not a child's game. There is explicit nudity in this game. Expand
  16. Apr 18, 2012
    One of the most beautiful, well crafted, and epic RPG games of this generation. I'm happy Witcher 2 was brought to the Xbox 360 so new gamers can be introduced into the series like me without a high end PC. Witcher 2 looks stunning on Xbox 360 with an extremely stable frame rate, the only issue ive seen with Witcher is some texture pop in. This game is an essential to add to yourOne of the most beautiful, well crafted, and epic RPG games of this generation. I'm happy Witcher 2 was brought to the Xbox 360 so new gamers can be introduced into the series like me without a high end PC. Witcher 2 looks stunning on Xbox 360 with an extremely stable frame rate, the only issue ive seen with Witcher is some texture pop in. This game is an essential to add to your collection if you are remotely interested in RPGs, The combat is fresh and actually makes you be tactical and think about what your doing, such as placing traps before a battle, putting enhancements on your blades or rolling out of the way of enemy attacks. Plus the game comes with a free copy of the soundtrack, a full color detailed map, and a quest handbook all included with the game free. Expand
  17. Apr 25, 2012
    A fantastic game, great fun and a lot of things that can distract us. An amazing and compelling story with a good soundtrack and voice over. Although the map also be more irritating than one property is a relatively precise and the set of all this allows the creation of a good game.
  18. Apr 18, 2012
    just logged in to support this games rating. I am a pc gamer, would never play it on deadbox, however, this game deserves all the praise it gets. It is by far my favorite pc game in the last few years and one of the best looking games ever made. Those of you giving it a zero must either be bioware employees or butt hurt fanboys from COD who cant understand the complex mature story linejust logged in to support this games rating. I am a pc gamer, would never play it on deadbox, however, this game deserves all the praise it gets. It is by far my favorite pc game in the last few years and one of the best looking games ever made. Those of you giving it a zero must either be bioware employees or butt hurt fanboys from COD who cant understand the complex mature story line as well as the amazing choice system where bioware DOESN'T EVEN HOLD A CANDLE TO. This game on PC is amazing and i am happy for you console owners that get to experience it. We get dark souls, you get withcer 2, fair trade if you ask me. Go with iorveth! he is boss! Expand
  19. Apr 21, 2012
    The Witcher 2 is a very impressive and detailed RPG. They clearly took their time converting it from the PC to the Xbox360. It controls very well and the world and story is very detailed. The game is also very unforgiving and doesn't hold your hand. Don't take that as a negative but as a positive. I feel these days many RPGs let you carve through everything with little challenge. TheThe Witcher 2 is a very impressive and detailed RPG. They clearly took their time converting it from the PC to the Xbox360. It controls very well and the world and story is very detailed. The game is also very unforgiving and doesn't hold your hand. Don't take that as a negative but as a positive. I feel these days many RPGs let you carve through everything with little challenge. The Witcher provides a challenge and makes you prepare beforehand for battles. My only criticism is that the mini map is occasionally hard to follow and the world is detailed to the point where the story can be a bit confusing. But overall the game has a fantastic story, great combat, and Geralt is the ultimate bad ass! Expand
  20. Apr 19, 2012
    I was so excited for this game; I was so jealous of PC gamers because the game just looked perfect. Now, as I play it, I realized how amazing and mature the game really is. The storyline is ambitious and it sucks you into the role of the Witcher. Your choices actually make a huge difference. The combat is fun, and there's a lot of... well, sex. A LOT.
  21. May 6, 2012
    The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings took a leap and set out to make an adventure not only worth of every RPG lover's while, but every fast action packed sword play admirers. With solid non-linear story telling, unique sword play and fluid controls, astonishing original sound track and amazingly rendered backgrounds and memorable characters and dialog choices, it is truly a game of excellentThe Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings took a leap and set out to make an adventure not only worth of every RPG lover's while, but every fast action packed sword play admirers. With solid non-linear story telling, unique sword play and fluid controls, astonishing original sound track and amazingly rendered backgrounds and memorable characters and dialog choices, it is truly a game of excellent and genuine role playing experience. Expand
  22. Apr 20, 2012
    The Witcher 2 is a superb RPG with a deep and meticulous world and story marred by many interface annoyances and a so-so combat system. GOOD: The story in Witcher 2 is beautifully detailed with a hefty amount of backstory provided for both the world and characters; For the most part, the graphics are superb and create a wonderfully believable world; Crafting mechanics and levelling systemThe Witcher 2 is a superb RPG with a deep and meticulous world and story marred by many interface annoyances and a so-so combat system. GOOD: The story in Witcher 2 is beautifully detailed with a hefty amount of backstory provided for both the world and characters; For the most part, the graphics are superb and create a wonderfully believable world; Crafting mechanics and levelling system are deep and variable allowing for non-linear character progression; Most of the combat mechanics are fun to use and taking out foes is very satisfying; Music is fitting and voice track is nicely done; Morally ambiguous choices in the story flesh out a relatively linear story; Mature themes are mostly handled well and it's refreshing to see a story devoid of the good versus evil cliches; Signs are fun to use and allow for some interesting tactics against certain enemies. BAD: Menu systems are unintuitive and there's some strange sensitivity issues with using the control stick to navigate them (sometimes leading you to choosing a wrong dialogue option or accidentally selling something important); The environments are awash with muddy textures that can diminish the beauty of the game; Sometimes dialogue between characters is insanely quiet leading you to miss important pieces of information (this cannot be remedied by switching off the music strangely); Swordplay can be quite inaccurate at times leading to quick unnecessary deaths where sword blows don't connect; Controls are a little over-fiddly at times leading to some weird finger-crossing on the controller; Enemy hit-boxes are confusing leading to too much trial and error with certain enemies; QTEs for fist fights are boring and completely unchallenging; Mission/quest log doesn't always update correctly and it's confusing having 3 separate entries for the exact same quest leading to an overly cluttered interface. OVERALL: A superb RPG with some of the best story telling I've ever seen, with interesting choices and fleshed out characters let down by some lacklustre gameplay in parts and some niggling menu problems. However, the game is far better than Witcher 1 and improves upon on it in so many ways that I have really high hopes that Witcher 3 will truly be outstanding. Expand
  23. May 14, 2013
    Fantastic game. One of the best RPG experiences iv ever had. If your looking for something deep, mature, and engrossing, this is a must. Great storytelling, great characters, great combat with some tactical parts to it, great world. 10/10 from me.
  24. Apr 20, 2012
    The Witcher 2 is the most amazing rpg I've played since the Mass Effect series*and that's saying allot*at first I wasn't sure how this game would hold up on a 7 year old console,but i'm really impressed by how well this game was done on xbox360.I have to say that the Witcher2 is Not and I mean NOT meant for ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18!!!this game has a mature story line and allot ofThe Witcher 2 is the most amazing rpg I've played since the Mass Effect series*and that's saying allot*at first I wasn't sure how this game would hold up on a 7 year old console,but i'm really impressed by how well this game was done on xbox360.I have to say that the Witcher2 is Not and I mean NOT meant for ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18!!!this game has a mature story line and allot of graphic frontal nudity as well as sex and violence that pushes the limit of the Mature rating from the e.s.r.b rating board.with that said I do have a few complaints, like sometimes you will get screen tearing*which can be reduced by playing in 720p instead of 1080p*also sometimes you will get a random bug that turns you're screen black for a split second and then goes back to normal.besides those few flaws this game is a piece of art, even better than Skyrim.if you love a good adventure/rpg game this is a must buy. Expand
  25. May 22, 2012
    An incredible RPG that felt different, apparently hard to do these days. For those expecting open world, don't. For those expecting new game +, don't. If you have a bit of time to learn the combat, I played through on easy first playthrough then Dark difficulty, give it a try. Buy it, rent it, steal it.
  26. May 31, 2012
    The Witcher has finally arrived on consoles, and what great game! ... I have played both witchers on the pc and I loved every bit of it. So, basicly, as a witcher fan, I gave it a try on the xbox 360... and god, they actually pulled it off. ... POSITIVES: - Fluent but challenging combat. - Potion-system (prepare for battle in different ways) - Great story and characters. - Crafting system.The Witcher has finally arrived on consoles, and what great game! ... I have played both witchers on the pc and I loved every bit of it. So, basicly, as a witcher fan, I gave it a try on the xbox 360... and god, they actually pulled it off. ... POSITIVES: - Fluent but challenging combat. - Potion-system (prepare for battle in different ways) - Great story and characters. - Crafting system. - Lore and locations. - Different ways to finish quests and the main story. - New tutorial system! ... NEGATIVES: - A few graphical hickups. Not many customisations character-wise (look) ... CONCLUSION: - The Witcher 2 on the xbox 360 is a great game. From combat that's entertaining and rewarding, to the complexity but interesting world that shapes according to the choices you make. ... Superb. Expand
  27. May 6, 2012
    The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition XBOX 360 â
  28. May 22, 2012
    Great story, beautiful graphics, interesting but complex gameplay, what more can you want from The Witcher 2? Just get this amazing rpg, there is so much too do...
  29. Jan 22, 2013
    Phenomenal game with a wonderful story and top-notch voice acting. I can't recommend it enough....with one warning - it has some absurdly awkward & unnecessary CG nudity & sex. Thats the only reason I've deducted a point and if the game had been released without the ridiculous CG boob-jiggling doggy -style action it'd be an easy 10 out of 10.
  30. Feb 12, 2013
    The Witcher 2 is a fantastic RPG. The combat system is a little awkward, but this awkwardness disapears after the prologue (which is my only real problem due to the fact the prologue seems to be the hardest point in the game). One your used to it, the combat system rarely is a problem. The leveling system is very simple, but gives the player enough customization without too muchThe Witcher 2 is a fantastic RPG. The combat system is a little awkward, but this awkwardness disapears after the prologue (which is my only real problem due to the fact the prologue seems to be the hardest point in the game). One your used to it, the combat system rarely is a problem. The leveling system is very simple, but gives the player enough customization without too much complexity. The story and writing is magnificent. And no, the story is not mature because there is tons of swearing and nudity. It is mature because it actually is mature. People saying its not actually mature just don't realise the people who swear like a dum 14 year old are supposed to be extremely stupid mercenaries. The game also throws lots of major story affecting choices that are the really good type of choice of "Every option to choose is bad, just in a different way" which games like Mass Effect 2 did sometimes and the lack of those kind of choices is what ruined games like the Fable series. The game has extremely bad scaling on its difficulty tho, early on the game is insane, while later on the game becomes pretty easy with random spikes. The graphics for console are pretty damn good, although if you don't install the game, the load times a bit annoying and the texture pop in is silly bad. These are both fixed when you install the game with load times of about 4 seconds and barely noticable pop in. There is also a strange fade to black when switching menus in the menu system, which seems to serve no purpose aside from a effect (its on PC as well, so it cant be due to slow loading) and simply slow down the menus. The loot system is both good and bad, its good you can just run through and loot 15 containers in 5 seconds, its bad you end up not seeing what you picked up and encumbering yourself. But in the end, this is a great game with a few minor flaws that I highly recommend. Expand
  31. Apr 18, 2012
    Skyrim for adults--shows everything an RPG should be. Tough, demanding, and choices matter. Definitely take the time to read Geralds journal for context and background...
  32. Apr 18, 2012
    There's something special about a game that looks you in the eye and bluntly states "what's the matter?, I thought you were good at video games." The Witcher 2 probably won't appeal to every gamer. The enhanced edition puts to rest some of the **** that gamers who lacked talent were complaining about. You now get a tutorial, and some added tips. One thing I liked about the original releaseThere's something special about a game that looks you in the eye and bluntly states "what's the matter?, I thought you were good at video games." The Witcher 2 probably won't appeal to every gamer. The enhanced edition puts to rest some of the **** that gamers who lacked talent were complaining about. You now get a tutorial, and some added tips. One thing I liked about the original release was that the game didn't give that much support to help you in battle, but instead asked you to grow some balls and deal with it. I've noticed a couple glitches still seem to be hanging around with this release (anyone else hit the h key then j to view their journal and got a black screen?).

Suffice it to say this game is amazing, and as far as games go there isn't anyone who can say the developers didn't realize their goal with this games release. The graphics are beautiful the gameplay is immersive, and the story is superb.
  33. Apr 19, 2012
    As I started playing the Witcher 2 I felt I should go through the tutorial as I had not played the original. Going through the tutorial definitely helped me to get the feel for the controls and movements of the characters. Unfortunately while in the tutorial I encountered a glitch. This glitch came when my mission was to throw a bomb at an attacking thug. I simply could not throw theAs I started playing the Witcher 2 I felt I should go through the tutorial as I had not played the original. Going through the tutorial definitely helped me to get the feel for the controls and movements of the characters. Unfortunately while in the tutorial I encountered a glitch. This glitch came when my mission was to throw a bomb at an attacking thug. I simply could not throw the bomb?? I had the bomb equipped, but could not throw it. I sat and tried everything, and read the info box several times. I decided to start over and go through the tutorial again. This time the bombs worked and the tutorial was over. I started the main game and have not experienced further issues, but I am not that far into the game. The graphics are very well done. The game has a great story going into it, and the atmosphere that is created is very well implemented. I am only giving The Witcher an 8 because I believe this game should not have bugs at all. This is a port not a complete rebuild of a game. I do love this game so far and will continue my quest. Thank You for bringing this game to my Xbox 360. Expand
  34. May 11, 2015
    First of all, this game is harder than Dark Souls by a wide margin. It's a true RPG reminiscent of older Bioware games, with a heavy focus on choices that actually matter, long-winded and robust storytelling and game mechanics that take a lot of time and skill to master. The actions you take along the story feel meaningful, the quests are difficult and rewarding and the combat is deep andFirst of all, this game is harder than Dark Souls by a wide margin. It's a true RPG reminiscent of older Bioware games, with a heavy focus on choices that actually matter, long-winded and robust storytelling and game mechanics that take a lot of time and skill to master. The actions you take along the story feel meaningful, the quests are difficult and rewarding and the combat is deep and flowing and play out much like the Arkham series games.

There are flaws to be had, but in the end they are small and easily forgiven. The first and foremost flaw is that the game can feel clunky at times. The stealth mechanics aren't very good and only come up a handful of times, prompts are finicky with showing up and often times things feel delayed. I also feel that the UI, especially in the menu (which you will be frequent constantly) is not very quick and lacks simple yet obvious options like a sort button. The only other issue I have is just a personal nitpick, in that the whole game is just three separate chunks. You do everything in one area until you decide to advance the story, do everything in the next area, advance the story etc. Even the quests that span the whole game are separated into three instances of the same quest essentially. It makes it feel much smaller and that you are forced into doing things a certain way, since you can't leave things for later and come back, like in a game like KotOR allows. It leaves it feeling a bit too grindy for me.

I didn't experience many glitches, and the only notable one is when I did a group finisher, it got stuck in a loading screen after the short cutscene (why is this even a thing?), which didn't bother me only because I saved seconds prior to the fight.

This game is a must for RPG fans, but beware that it doesn't do much to hold your hand (I died a few times just in the tutorial on normal and several times early in chapter one before I got the hang of it). The game feels much older than it is, by way of being clunky in the way games from the early 2000s are (think KotOR), but if you have patience, the game really opens itself in accessibility once you start figuring things out. I recall getting massacred on normal early on in my first playthrough, but breezed through those same sections on the hardest setting on my second time around. The growth does not come only in the character, but in you as a player as well, and the entire experience feels very rewarding.
  35. Dec 12, 2012
    This is easily the best RPG today. Period. It does almost everything right and offers a dense and immersive experience for at least 30-40 hours. I loved the mature dialogue style and the freedom of decision in the story line.
  36. Apr 20, 2012
    The best RPG of this generation. The graphics are stunning, the game play excellent and the characters are deep and interesting. The game comes with the soundtrack, map and quest guide. It is an excellent value for a top-notch game. I highly recommand you give it a try.
  37. Dec 30, 2013
    Great story, solid gameplay, and appreciated mature themes. This is the type of game those of us who grew up playing Nintendo and Sega console games have been waiting for. Movie-quality story, adult themes, occasional nudity, bloody and gore. It's as good as your favorite action-adventure movie. Fantastic voice acting, characters you grow to care about, and terrific pacing. The menu systemGreat story, solid gameplay, and appreciated mature themes. This is the type of game those of us who grew up playing Nintendo and Sega console games have been waiting for. Movie-quality story, adult themes, occasional nudity, bloody and gore. It's as good as your favorite action-adventure movie. Fantastic voice acting, characters you grow to care about, and terrific pacing. The menu system can be clunky at times, but for an overall gaming experience, this one is hard to beat. Without question, belongs in the same tier of action RPG games as the KOTOR franchise, Mass Effect, and Fallout 3. CD Projekt Red has created a gaming experience. Anxiously awaiting the third in the trilogy. Expand
  38. Apr 17, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am one of the lucky ones. Even though I had pre-ordered and paid off the Dark Edition, I applied and was chosen as a reviewer. I received my review copy from CD Projekt Red on Mon. the 16th. I ripped open the packaging with all the excitement of a kid on Christmas day. I received the full game, a thank you letter and access to a special ftp site to use in my review. I even took the time to install the game to my hard drive. So by the time I was ready to play, my excitement level was through the roof. Of course I was promptly disappointed. After an amazing new intro scene I was thrust into a tutorial mission. This mission would have been fun if not for the constant, irritating and poorly timed tutorial pop ups. Often times describing the play and controls in a less than optimal fashion. This ended in an ever more typical arena fight that decided the recommended difficulty for the game. Of course I did poorly and it was recommended that I play on easy. Of course I chose to play on normal and went forth to delve into the actual story of the game. Within five minutes I had a better grasp on the controls than the tutorial gave me. Within another 5 minutes I was hooked. While the movement and camera work is a little on the sloppy side, the game as a whole is incredible. The graphics are better than most and honestly at times downright beautiful. The story is deep and immersive. Though at times you might feel a little lost if you didn't play the first game. Especially when you run into characters from the first game who reference things from it. It also doesn't do a great job explaining your memory loss issues that persist from the beginning of the first game. All of these things are minor gripes. There are control issues and glitches as with many other modern games, but nothing game breaking. Nothing even close to the issues from Skyrim. Every issue I have with the game can easily be patched out. Can we get an adjustable camera speed please? Even as it is I love this game. As I'm writing this I can't stop thinking about when I can get back into it. I want to learn more about the characters and story. I want to flesh out the world. I want to milk all the juicy goodness from this game. MMMmmm delicious. One of the more odd things I've found is that I can't stop walking. For those of you that may not understand. In games like this you walk faster and then begin to run the more you tilt the analogue stick. I just can't get myself to run. As I walk I feel like a traveler in this world. I want to walk at a normal human pace for multiple reasons. I want to enjoy the beauty of the scenery. I want to hunt for herbs and ingredients. I don't want to run into a group of bandits I didn't see coming. I'd rather get the jump on them. The Witcher 2 just makes me feel like I'm Geralt of Rivia and I love it. All the decisions I make feel real with legitimate repercussions. Not just pointless filler that pretends to have an affect. I am shaping my world and my story as I play. All of these things add up to one wonderful game. Oh and to prove my point, I went in this morning and picked up my pre-ordered Dark Edition. If you have any interest in this game and have managed to get to this point in my wall of text, just get it. You won't regret it. Thanks for reading. Expand
  39. Apr 22, 2012
    i dont care what other reviewers say- Either ones that give it 10 or ones that spitefully give it a zero!
    i know its one of the best games ive played in a while and i like it much more than Skyrim or Dragon age origins ( although Dark Souls still has 1st place for me)
    so it is an excellent RPG, one of the best and much more interesting than Skyrim and with better combat mechanics and better story and music ....i would give it a 9/10 but i am angry with people and reviews who would give it a zero for no gaming related reason so there..
  40. Apr 20, 2012
    I really like this game! At first I was a bit overwhelmed with the sheer depth, but found myself getting accustomed to it right away. The graphics look great, not quite as good as I had hoped but definitely very good. The soundtrack is amazing (I put it on my iPhone!). The story is huge, and captivates the player right off the bat into getting involved and truly caring about theI really like this game! At first I was a bit overwhelmed with the sheer depth, but found myself getting accustomed to it right away. The graphics look great, not quite as good as I had hoped but definitely very good. The soundtrack is amazing (I put it on my iPhone!). The story is huge, and captivates the player right off the bat into getting involved and truly caring about the characters, which for me is mandatory for a true role playing game. My main complaint with the game is that some side quests lack a market on the mini map, making some of the side quests a little too time consuming! This game reminds me of an adult Fable story, with a more believable cast of characters and plot. I will be holding on to this gem for quite a while, and recommend it to anyone who loves RPGs and great sword fighting games! Expand
  41. May 18, 2012
    The Witcher 2 is one of the best RPG of this year. Is a seriously contender for the GOTY in it's category (RPG). I hope that Microsoft public more excellent games from PC because that is the way to obtain more hardcore gamers to their console. Thanks CDProjekt. The only thing that I think the game needs is replay after the end, only that.
  42. Apr 21, 2012
    I am writing a full review as I was one of the 1,000 chosen to receive a promotional press copy (CDPROJEKT RED are amazing just to even hold that contest!) I was like a little kid on christmas when I saw the overnighted envelope in my apartment complex's mail "wall"; and rushed back to my apartment door to rip open the package to see a personalized letter and the game; Having pre-orderedI am writing a full review as I was one of the 1,000 chosen to receive a promotional press copy (CDPROJEKT RED are amazing just to even hold that contest!) I was like a little kid on christmas when I saw the overnighted envelope in my apartment complex's mail "wall"; and rushed back to my apartment door to rip open the package to see a personalized letter and the game; Having pre-ordered it on PC and playing it on maximum graphic settings with ubersampling and using Nvidia 3D Vision (The developers ensured it was "3D Ready" which is the highest rating for Nvidia 3D on games; it in my opinion remains the best looking Nvidia 3D Vision title; seeing the sword pop out of the screen at you seems like it really is right out at you); anyway; I made the choices I saw fit and played through the PC version finding it the best RPG (along with Dragon Age Origins) of the past 10 Years.

Turn over to the 360 version; while (beating a dead horse) the graphics obviously can't look anything like the PC version due to 7 year old crap hard-ware; CDPROJEKT RED re-designed and re-coded the game for the 360; and changed the art direction even; that is pure dedication;

People say theres screen tearing; I haven't noticed any in my near complete play through of the game; yes I noticed some textures that load and pop in but I basically notice that in any console game that wasn't designed to just run on a console with graphics that look "Great but great for a console"; The Witcher 2 is one of if not THE best looking games on consoles; as an RPG it has the best story telling and plot twists; and your never sure when your in the wrong or the right- or the middle; decisions are based on who YOU are as a person; if your quickly reacting- or how you think your playing the character but it may not end up the way you think your trying to play the character; this is brilliant as it is not a RED OR BLUE type choice ala BioWare; so you cannot play Pure "Red or Blue" you play as if you had been in these situations, thus I think people have VIVIDLY different experiences with the games stories, quests, armor/weapons, characters, areas, ending etc based on the type of PERSON you are in real-life; brilliant design.

Combat is fast paced without taking away from being a hardcore RPG; you need to prepare with potions prior to combat; with sword upgrades like oils; and quickly damage each target bouncing back and forth; then using Traps; Bombs and throwing daggers to injure enemies at a distance so you don't get swarmed- Using the dodge and roll allows you to get away fast enough to regain vigor allowing you to cast Magical Signs everything from Kinetic Force (may stun an enemy for a 1 shot kill animation, or blast them off the edge of where they stand for an instant kill that feels amazing); one that is more like a magic trap; explodes injuring the target and possibly rooting them; one that shields you from harm for one hit (and counts down incase you don't get hit); one that shoots a HADUKAN looking fireball at an enemy (Atleast in the "Kill Cam" style kills when it is used; it looks like a street fighter move heh); and one sign allows you to lure and charm an enemy to fight for you for a bit; having these spells at your disposal from the start allows you to use combinations and get a greater understanding of them incase you decide to go further down the magic skill-tree rather than swordsman ship or alchemy; I prefer going deep and finishing the swordsmanship tree as the movement and combat bonuses it adds makes the gameplay even more fluid; in a Batman Arkam City style way of flowing to each enemy with finesse and beauty; also raising adrenaline (eventually you can get this ability) when Adrenaline fills up you can execute it and slay anyone around you in a certain radius to a very rad "Finisher Kill Cam" style display of the event.

The game is completely satisfying in every way possible; endless weapons, armor, quests, locations, free roaming and doing things the way you would like to; experiencing the game differently than others in more ways than just the evolving developing plot changes etc but how situations are tackled while someone may benefit from using the CAT potion and seeing the trails of enemies / friends, blood stains; seeing through walls and seeing what type of enemies you may be facing to prepare for them; and having everything lit up is very different than someone who decides to go in a dungeon / cave in the dark and figure it out on his own; Things like this are what make The Witcher 2 a MUST PLAY console title just as it is a must play PC title; for RPG fans; and for ANY gaming fan (if you can't take the hard combat; put it on easy mode for more of a hack and slash event; the difference from easy to normal is HUGE; the difference from Normal to hard is even larger (it seems normal is a regular games Harder hah;) then DARK MODE is for those that want to make Dark Souls look like Mario 64;10/10.
  43. Jun 30, 2012
    Ultimately , a few technical blemishes prevent The Witcher 2 from achieving the greatness it truly deserves . But an excellent story , quality production values and an unparalleled sense of maturity rarely seen in gaming , let alone RPGs makes the Witcher 2 stand out from the rest of the pack .
  44. May 2, 2012
    I was waiting in anticipation for this game, and it didnâ
  45. Apr 20, 2012
    Every that the PC version is but better, the 360 version is smoother, and is theb est looking game on the 360 to date, this game is in the same league as Skyrim, can't believe I had to consider getting this game, it's just great!
  46. Apr 18, 2012
    The Witcher 2 for X360.

What can I say, I reviewed the Witcher 2 when it came out on PC and I loved it, I had just finished playing the first game and found the sequel to be extremely satisfying. I bought it on X360 to get the new enhanced content and see how it ran on a big screen and the game does not disappoint. Witcher 2 continues the Witcher story without missing a beat. The
    The Witcher 2 for X360.

I bought it on X360 to get the new enhanced content and see how it ran on a big screen and the game does not disappoint. Witcher 2 continues the Witcher story without missing a beat. The tutorial is quite fun and lets you get a handle on how to use the player character and lets you see that if you want to you can make him more than just a slash and hack swordsman (although that is quite fun), but lets you make that call for yourself.

The game does require a little more finesse to play effectively than just bludgeoning your way through it with either sword or spell as you might in Skyrim and it will punish you again and again if you fail to employ the many defensive and basic evasion techniques at your disposal. To beat your AI opponents even the very basic ones you have to think about your approach in terms of tactics or you will expend all your resources very quickly and may find the next group of enemies harder to pin down.

The storyline is original and well plotted compared to a lot of what is out there and if you are unfamiliar with the Witcher world you wonâ
  47. Apr 17, 2012
    I find it ridiculous that every single person giving this game a zero are jumping on the same damn b.s as everyone else, saying that they are the developer/publisher leaving the reviews, simply because they only reviewed the Witcher 2 on pc, 360, or both. One - this game is more than worth the nines and tens being given. Two - who is to say that they didn't play one or the other, andI find it ridiculous that every single person giving this game a zero are jumping on the same damn b.s as everyone else, saying that they are the developer/publisher leaving the reviews, simply because they only reviewed the Witcher 2 on pc, 360, or both. One - this game is more than worth the nines and tens being given. Two - who is to say that they didn't play one or the other, and simply wanted to contribute to the score now that the game is in the spotlight again? Anyway, to you people - stop being damn hypocrites. Don't, based on your suspicions alone, claim that the game is given biased, upped reviews from someone in on the game, then turn around and give the game a zero because of it. It's not you "evening the playing field". It's hypocrisy.

Anyway, long story short, this game is a masterfully crafted, well written piece of gaming goodness. The 360 version, despite some technical shortfalls, is just as impressive as it was on pc. Anyone interested in a tactical, mature themed, action rpg with stellar writing and a great sense of atmosphere, you won't find a better title, on console or otherwise. Highly recommended.
  48. Apr 17, 2012
    The three losers giving this game a 0 because you somehow think that CD Projekt is putting the high reviews...you are pathetic and delusional. Didn't you think that maybe it's PC gamers who love this company so much that they're coming back to review the 360 version now? Unless you've been living under a rock you should know how much PC gamers respect this company and many of them haveThe three losers giving this game a 0 because you somehow think that CD Projekt is putting the high reviews...you are pathetic and delusional. Didn't you think that maybe it's PC gamers who love this company so much that they're coming back to review the 360 version now? Unless you've been living under a rock you should know how much PC gamers respect this company and many of them have made accounts just to show support. Go to any game and you will see fans who only reviewed that one game to show the developer they care about support. I hope your reviews are deleted. Obvious trolls. Anywho, played this on PC and amazing game. Highly recommended 360 gamers. Expand
  49. Sep 28, 2012
    This game (and the original) took me by surprise. They had a lot of flaws (inventory management, slow loading, bizarre act IV in witcher I, not much replay value), almost all of which I forgive because I am in love with the games. They are on the list of my top 5 favorite games. 9/10 instead of 10/10 since I've spoken with enough people to know that this game doesn't do for everyone whatThis game (and the original) took me by surprise. They had a lot of flaws (inventory management, slow loading, bizarre act IV in witcher I, not much replay value), almost all of which I forgive because I am in love with the games. They are on the list of my top 5 favorite games. 9/10 instead of 10/10 since I've spoken with enough people to know that this game doesn't do for everyone what it, for reasons I find hard to identify, did for me. If you liked this game, consider: The Witcher, Mass Effects, and Planescape Torment. Expand
  50. Aug 4, 2012
    One of (if not the best) role-playing experiences on any console.

The storytelling is excellent and the character has meaningful choices and consequences (moreso than any recent RPG in memory). In fact, the entire 2nd half of the game is different based on a decision you make around the half-way point. The controls take some getting used to, especially combat. However, I found it
    One of (if not the best) role-playing experiences on any console.

The controls take some getting used to, especially combat. However, I found it more in the vein of easy to learn difficult to master than poorly thought out or alien.

The M rating is well deserved, and the mature subjects are dropped in just to show TNA, rather are dispersed in all the right places at the right time as you advance the story.

The world is not open world, but there are many more exploration options, side quests, etc. than one typically finds in a Bioware game that is not open world.

I really enjoyed this game, and recommended it to a friend who returned it in 3 hours. I suspect this is a game with very little middle ground. According to the user score distribution, that holds up.

To me, this really felt like a mature Baldurs Gate done in 3D.

Graphics are very well done (textures, color palette, animations).
    Sound is good, but some of the dialog mixes were under mic'd.
    Controls for the most part become intuitive pretty quickly.

The arena is a great place to hone your skills as you consider playing through on Dark (hardcore) mode.

Support companies like CDProjektRed! We need more games like this.

I know I, for one, will be pre-ordering cyberpunk for xbox 360 as soon as humanly possible.

Well-done CDPR!
  51. Apr 17, 2012
    Perhaps the first "Mature" rated game I've ever played to deserve the rating. While it is far from perfect (I'm looking at you, archaic menu system/Stilted combat), it is perhaps singlehandedly restoring my faith in Video Games as a medium in which a developer can approach adult subject matter with nuance. When making choices in this game, I've been amazed as the gray area one can treadPerhaps the first "Mature" rated game I've ever played to deserve the rating. While it is far from perfect (I'm looking at you, archaic menu system/Stilted combat), it is perhaps singlehandedly restoring my faith in Video Games as a medium in which a developer can approach adult subject matter with nuance. When making choices in this game, I've been amazed as the gray area one can tread in. Gone are the diametrically opposed (and cartoonish) "good" vs "evil" choices of other RPG's (Mass Effect, Star Wars: The Old Republic). In their place lay decisions that carry great gravitas and perhaps more importantly, have motivations with which you can identify. In too many games, I feel as though I'm making an arbitrary decision between being an unrealistic portrayal of "good" vs "evil", hamfistedly engaging in acts that beat my character into one of two dichotomous roles. Not so here at all. If combat was a little smoother and the game had a slightly lower barrier for entry (be prepared to learn some lore, if you didn't check out the first title) it would be getting a well deserved 10, as it stands currently, 9 all the way. Expand
  52. May 3, 2012
    One of best games i ever played.
    Feels like an open world game, the world is big , lot of exploration to do and lots of side-quests to complete.
    Amazing storyline, for adults, and non-linear story... every choice change your game.
    Im a fan of cd projekt now, i cant wait for Witcher 3
  53. Apr 17, 2012
    Best 360 rpg by far. Choices matter in this game unlike Mass Effect. Great graphic, story and game play makes this a masterpiece. It was also the best rpg on the PC. It is very re-playable because the paths are largely different.
  54. May 14, 2012
    Having had the time to really sink my teeth into this one, I can easily say it is one of the most satisfying titles of a long, long while. It really is a game that, whether you like it or not, does not restrict itself in order to pacify those who maybe aren't equipped to handle a hardcore experience. This is (sadly) something rarely seen in games today.

This is one of the first rpg's in a

This is one of the first rpg's in a long while that left me truly satisfied. Skyrim was too shallow and it's quests mediocre. Kingdoms of Amalur's world and quest design was too restrictive and static. This game hits the mark in most areas I concern myself with when it comes to rpgs. Geralt, while a pre-established main character, holds a lot of personality, and the developers still found ways for you to make him your own. The character development is deep and varied, allowing for vastly different tactics through different playthroughs. Your actions have real weight and consequence to them. So much so that the entire second chapter can be flipped, offering a vastly different experience depending on the choices you make. And the world, while mostly linear, is highly detailed, allowing me to really put myself into the game. Anyway, I really couldn't recommend this game enough. Easily one of the top rpg's to be found on console (or pc for that matter) this generation. Show CD Projekt some love and buy this game, whether it be on pc, or on the 360.
  55. Jan 27, 2013
    Witcher 2 is a gorgeous game. Stunning visuals, amazingly versatile story and incredible characters that creates an immersive heaven. If you're a fan of RPG, you probably already know about this game and for a new comer to the genre get this for a great experience. CD Projekt really impressed me with this follow up to the original Witcher (PC) and did the books justice.
  56. Oct 1, 2012
    The Witcher 2 is great for many reasons. It's superb story line, engaging characters and it's combat that will punish you if you don't use the resources available for you. It has two very different story paths and your actions actually do make an effect on the game. The only negative thing I can say about this game is it's quest marker on the mini map which can sometimes be veryThe Witcher 2 is great for many reasons. It's superb story line, engaging characters and it's combat that will punish you if you don't use the resources available for you. It has two very different story paths and your actions actually do make an effect on the game. The only negative thing I can say about this game is it's quest marker on the mini map which can sometimes be very misleading, sometimes sending you in the wrong direction. But this isn't that bad once you become familiar with the area. Expand
  57. Apr 17, 2012
    You people that keep giving the game a 0 and writing about how you think employees or people getting paid are giving the game a 10, ARE EVEN WORSE then the people doing that if that's even true. your giving a brilliant game a 0 even though you haven't completed it, haven't left a review for it and probably haven't even played it. you people should be banned from this website. its obviousYou people that keep giving the game a 0 and writing about how you think employees or people getting paid are giving the game a 10, ARE EVEN WORSE then the people doing that if that's even true. your giving a brilliant game a 0 even though you haven't completed it, haven't left a review for it and probably haven't even played it. you people should be banned from this website. its obvious from looking at critic scores or just talking to people that have played the game there opinion. that these so called "fake" reviewers scores of 10 aren't far off from what the game actually is. like i said the only disgrace is you idiots giving a game a 0 without a review. Expand
  58. Apr 17, 2012
    I think it's funny that people rate the game openly based on what they think a publisher is asking someone to do, not on what a developer has developed. A pity for such a wonderful game :)

I'm just a fanboy, not an employee. Don't punish CDPR because you think someone at WB is being d1ck.
  59. Jul 15, 2012
    the greatest RPG ever made- maybe the greatest game ever made- if you are a gamer, or have ever had any interest in gaming you simply must experience this work of art- CD project are cemented their legacy with this wonderfull stunning masterpiece
  60. May 13, 2013
    Simply amazing game. Combines depth of its predecessor with greatly improved combat and character development systems. The only shortcomings are occasional bugs and the length of the game it's much shorter than the first installment (hence the 9, not 10). Best console RPG since Dragon Age: Origins.
  61. Sep 26, 2012
    The first Witcher game was merely alright, but the sequel has improved upon its predecessor in almost every single aspect. For instance, the production values now are through the roof. The UI is sleek, the graphical fidelity and art direction is astonishing, and the sound quality is overall very good indeed. Engaging in combat is a blast, even though it can be a wee bit unresponsive atThe first Witcher game was merely alright, but the sequel has improved upon its predecessor in almost every single aspect. For instance, the production values now are through the roof. The UI is sleek, the graphical fidelity and art direction is astonishing, and the sound quality is overall very good indeed. Engaging in combat is a blast, even though it can be a wee bit unresponsive at times. Finally, there's the story, which is riveting from beginning to end. It may be somewhat difficult to comprehend at times, as there are a great lot of names to remember, but it's superb nonetheless. The player is forced to make truly difficult decisions throughout the journey too; decisions which aren't all black and white. If you only plough through the game once, it'll last you about 40 hours, but it has sufficient replay value, as the choices you make have huge impact on how the story unfolds. Overall, I can heartily recommend The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings to anyone looking for a great RPG experience. Expand
  62. Apr 18, 2012
    A fantastic game, challenging and captivating throughout the whole journey. This is one of my favourite wrpgs and will remain to be for a long time. The devs have managed to bring an amazing experience to the 360. I would suggest all who enjoy a challenging mature game to purchase this game.
  63. Apr 17, 2012
    Simply put, a brilliant game. One of the best RPG's i ever played and the most beautiful one. The graphics are amazing, the gameplay is pure fun and the story line which drives you forward is really well made.
    It has some flaws of course, as do all games out there, but seeing the "0" scores from some people is just ridiculous. They claim that CDPR staff are coming here rating their own game, so they can justify their low scores, cause in the two negative posts so far i haven't read an explanation as to what drove them to rate with a "0".
    Review the game with how much you like it and how it plays, not just because of the ghosts you see around you. Childish behaviours.
  64. Apr 28, 2013
    This is a very adult RPG with a great story and incredible graphics. All of the dialogue is well written and the voice acting helps pull you in to the world that they have created. The swordplay is fun, it reminds me a little of the combat system in the assassins creed games. Magic is implemented well in this game and is not overpowered. All around this is one of the best RPGs thatThis is a very adult RPG with a great story and incredible graphics. All of the dialogue is well written and the voice acting helps pull you in to the world that they have created. The swordplay is fun, it reminds me a little of the combat system in the assassins creed games. Magic is implemented well in this game and is not overpowered. All around this is one of the best RPGs that I've played, and I've played several. If you haven't played it yet you should give it a try. Expand
  65. Jan 27, 2015
    This was a very superb game! a wonderful game! I normally don't play video games like this kind but this was under Xbox Live's "Games With Gold" New program they put out 2 free games a month so I wanted to seek some different kind of game play that I normally don't play and I have got to say I didn't think at first I would like it I though that it was going to be uninteresting since IThis was a very superb game! a wonderful game! I normally don't play video games like this kind but this was under Xbox Live's "Games With Gold" New program they put out 2 free games a month so I wanted to seek some different kind of game play that I normally don't play and I have got to say I didn't think at first I would like it I though that it was going to be uninteresting since I don't play this kind of genre but THIS is a MASTERPIECE! I have loved EVERY MINUTE OF THIS GAME! As others said the MAP CAN GET CONFUSING and would be better if it was more detailed but overall VERY GOOD GAME! Expand
  66. Apr 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Witcher 2 does what Dragon Age 2 should have done to DA1 aswell. Namely, making a great RPG even greater. You don't have to bump down a RPG when you add a realtime action combat system. You don't have to recycle the same locations all the freaking time. You don't have to make the game look cartoony and much much much easyer. Bioware look at the real pro's cause CD Projekt whooped your butt there. Yes Witcher 2 is hard on medium difficulty. But its so satisfying when you defeat that boss or group of thugs. You really have to find a patern and adjust to it. Potions are a must. Making sure you got the right gear is a must. But unlike other games i haven't found it frustrating yet. Although i had to peek how to defeat the swamp monster cause the entire game you can't just jump on obstacles just like that and suddenly you have to without me knowing you could...died there allot of time dodging what he trew at me before i knew how to progress, then it was easy. XD Expand
  67. Apr 18, 2012
    I feel this game needs as much aplaud as possible That is why I am posting my pc review here as well. This game is the best fantasy crpg I've played since, I don't know, possibly even Baldur's Gate. Every single aspect of the game is well thought out, you can almost feel the game developers' love which they poured into their creation. Memorable characters and monsters, amazing story, bestI feel this game needs as much aplaud as possible That is why I am posting my pc review here as well. This game is the best fantasy crpg I've played since, I don't know, possibly even Baldur's Gate. Every single aspect of the game is well thought out, you can almost feel the game developers' love which they poured into their creation. Memorable characters and monsters, amazing story, best graphics I've seen (I don't even think this is an exaggeration), rewarding and dynamic combat system, nice music and voicework. And most of all - loads of fun, games are supposed to be fun and this one is overflowing with fun. I really have to think hard of things I would improve - maybe some menus that are hard to get used to, that's it I guess. I would recommend it to anyone who is mature enough to appreciate what the game brings. And none other crpg brings more. Expand
  68. Apr 21, 2012
    wicked combat, engrossing story, good character development, BEAUTIFUL VISUALS (especially on nearly 6yr old hardware) and great voice acting. All together make this one of the MUST HAVE rpg's of the year!!!! These guys kno how to make a game that sucks you right in and doesnt let go until the end.
  69. Apr 17, 2012
    Nothing less than what the new standard for RPG's should follow. Addicting combat, gorgeous environments, and characters that you will actually care about. It goes to show you how far time and dedication as a developer can go. The only thing you will feel left wanting is The Witcher 3.
  70. Apr 23, 2012
    This game is the most beautiful RPG I played. You can feel it, be there and experience something magical, hard to forget. For me, the epic moment was when you run during night through the forest from danger in it and suddenly a front of you appears well known village in flames... Outstanding.. I really enjoy playing this master peace. Thank you Poland!
  71. Apr 28, 2012
    Great game, great story ... I really have nothing to complaint. I enjoy the difficultly and each fights is intense and epic. Cant wait for the next game!
  72. Apr 1, 2013
    I am thouroughly enjoying the heck out of the Witcher 2. I haven't played the first installment, as I was told I didn't have to play it in order to play the second one. It appears RPG's are becoming better and better as times go on. With an incredible plotline, solid swordplay, sophisticated armor enhancing, attribute development, and crafting, this game packs alot of fun and wonder intoI am thouroughly enjoying the heck out of the Witcher 2. I haven't played the first installment, as I was told I didn't have to play it in order to play the second one. It appears RPG's are becoming better and better as times go on. With an incredible plotline, solid swordplay, sophisticated armor enhancing, attribute development, and crafting, this game packs alot of fun and wonder into the familiar medieval fantasy setting. Expand
  73. Sep 5, 2012
    I have the enhanced version for the xbox 360.Great story,acting and a challenging combat system where grinding for levels doesn't help you much.First play through the boss battles and the death screen can be pretty aggravating...The last chapter is pretty short but the story begs for another play through since there are at least 2 very different paths to travel from chapter 2 onward.TheI have the enhanced version for the xbox 360.Great story,acting and a challenging combat system where grinding for levels doesn't help you much.First play through the boss battles and the death screen can be pretty aggravating...The last chapter is pretty short but the story begs for another play through since there are at least 2 very different paths to travel from chapter 2 onward.The journal/crafting menu took a bit to get used to but holds a lot of detail.The game does make you work a bit to find good armor and weapons as well.The story has many twists and takes some time to to figure out other characters motives.All in all a great RPG that doesn't feel like another (a Fable 2,Oblivion knockoff),great story, great voice acting with very good graphics and music. Expand
  74. May 21, 2012
    Where should I start... The Witcher 2 is a massive game in terms of it lore and general setting. The graphics are devine and I was constantly astounded at the efforts that where put into it, down to the smallest details. The story is rich (perhaps a bit too rich but I'll get to that) and engaging and pushes you as a player to reveal more and more of the plot. The voice acting is top notchWhere should I start... The Witcher 2 is a massive game in terms of it lore and general setting. The graphics are devine and I was constantly astounded at the efforts that where put into it, down to the smallest details. The story is rich (perhaps a bit too rich but I'll get to that) and engaging and pushes you as a player to reveal more and more of the plot. The voice acting is top notch and totally believable however some of the random NPCs can get a little old in their chatter if you hang around too long in one area. The fighting was for the most part challenging on a normal difficulty but you always felt confident that should you fail you where the one who could improve your strategy and not that the game had simply let you down. If I had to fault one thing it would be the amount of detail the play has to remember, this can be a little hard if you are like me and terrible with names and such. I found myself having to occasionally refer to my Journal to reference who I had just spoke to or spoken about. The plots are deep and very entangled and this can be a little confusing form time to time and to be honest I often wondered why I was doing this or that task (it's almost as if you are afraid to stop playing for too long in-case you forget what was happening). All in all it is a stunning game and if you're willing to put some effort into indulging into the world of Gerald the Witcher you will walk away pumped for the next chapter in the story! Expand
  75. Aug 31, 2013
    The story and characters really tie together well and make for an interesting and purposeful gaming experience. The decision-making elements in the game are subtle and dialogue choices significant, meaning you really have to be sure of what you are saying and doing. Any lack of conviction meaning you may have to try a lot harder for the outcome you desire, fail at a quest or even end up onThe story and characters really tie together well and make for an interesting and purposeful gaming experience. The decision-making elements in the game are subtle and dialogue choices significant, meaning you really have to be sure of what you are saying and doing. Any lack of conviction meaning you may have to try a lot harder for the outcome you desire, fail at a quest or even end up on the wrong side of your friends sword. Attention to detail and design is impressive and further adds to the feel of a living world within the game. If you’re prepared to put in the time and effort The Witcher 2 really is a game you can’t miss. Expand
  76. Jan 16, 2014
    This game is the best RPG storytelling in gaming history. It can be quite difficult also. The decision making is tangible and the combat although a little slow is dynamic and fun. What I really want to emphasize here is the visuals and the storyline. This game is like a great book, the main character Geralt feels like an ancient warrior who the player must slowly immerse into a changingThis game is the best RPG storytelling in gaming history. It can be quite difficult also. The decision making is tangible and the combat although a little slow is dynamic and fun. What I really want to emphasize here is the visuals and the storyline. This game is like a great book, the main character Geralt feels like an ancient warrior who the player must slowly immerse into a changing world. It is rewarding, the dialogue is interesting and the game, although very very large, does not feel repetitive. This is my favorite RPG of all time and I would recommend it to the Pope. Expand
  77. May 4, 2012
    This is a condensed version of my review, just to get it to fit on metacritic. Please read the full review at www.veterangamers.co.uk
    Attention fellow gamers, man your Xbox, and don your poop socks! This game is epic.

As I was driving to work yesterday, I caught myself actually falling asleep at the wheel. I spilled coffee all over my crotch and that didnâ
  78. Apr 26, 2012
    I'm only on part 1 really but already I have the feeling Witcher2 is the kind of game you will play over and over again - decisions here really seem to make a difference and guide your story along. it was a bit confusing at first trying to handle all the different menus / potions / magic etc. but you soon get the hang of it. I would though have liked to see a large scarecrow in theI'm only on part 1 really but already I have the feeling Witcher2 is the kind of game you will play over and over again - decisions here really seem to make a difference and guide your story along. it was a bit confusing at first trying to handle all the different menus / potions / magic etc. but you soon get the hang of it. I would though have liked to see a large scarecrow in the inventory so I could easy tell what difference the clothes etc. I wear make. Fighting isn't too hard but seems to ramp up considerably when you confront a boss - but you can drop the difficulty at any time. Visually beautiful I'm scoring it a 9 - it would have been a full 10 but the one downside for me is the map since it can be really difficult working out how to get to various locations. Expand
  79. May 18, 2012
    Simply fantastic game. The best RPG that come out on consoles. The story, combat, graphics, the whole world is just amazing. Worth playing multiple times.
  80. May 3, 2012
    Great game, my sole complaint would be a bit short final act, but then again, you do get to play two completely different sides starting from the end of act 1, which makes the game that much longer. next to Skyrim, best RPG fantasy game out there for 360.
  81. May 3, 2012
    I'm giving this game a 10 despite the fact that it has faults i'll make that clear now. The inventory system in is not really designed to be quickly accesible, despite importing a saved game I barely heard about any of my decisions in the first game, and having to drink potions out of battle, while realistic, isn't something I like. Yet despite these flaws the witcher is one of the bestI'm giving this game a 10 despite the fact that it has faults i'll make that clear now. The inventory system in is not really designed to be quickly accesible, despite importing a saved game I barely heard about any of my decisions in the first game, and having to drink potions out of battle, while realistic, isn't something I like. Yet despite these flaws the witcher is one of the best fantasy RPGs I've ever played. The combat itself is satisfying and tense, and while it is easy to die it never feels especially cheap when you do. The leveling system is smart but sparse on points so by the end of the game you can't have the majority of the skills, or even a third of them, which really makes you think about which skills benefit your style the most as you can never have a maxxed character. The real draw is the story however, the dark gritty world where there is no clear right or wrong for any choice is something most games aren't capable of. When you play this game you will be sitting staring at the screen pondering which option to take, and sometimes the game will only give you a couple seconds to choose an option, enhancing the "Oh s*** what do I do!?!?" moments. The choices have consequences as well, depending on how you play through act 1 you can get a completely different version of act 2 so you really get to feel the impact you have on the story. When you play this game you will be sucked into a world full of political intrigue, war and racism from all sides, and the way you react to this world depends on what kind of witcher you want Geralt to be. If you like choice driven RPGs then this game cannot be missed, it has some flaws, but CDProjeckt did their job so well in most areas they can be overlooked quite easily. Expand
  82. Apr 17, 2012
    One of the best games I've ever played graphically on the 360. story wise. and value for money. everyone that's an adult should enjoy this game best RPG game on the 360.
  83. Sep 19, 2012
    As a mature game which only applies to those who has grown really interested in RPG-games, The Witcher2: Assassins of Kings delivers a driving and thrilling adventure for the player.
  84. Jan 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. you guys do not know who criticize criticize so talk **** on this site who do not have good content so the game knows criticize without reason or a **** Expand
  85. Mar 22, 2013
    The Witcher 2 took me a little bit of getting used to in order to fully dive in, but once the game had me I was hooked. Geralt is still rather stoic but has a lighter, comedic, edge to him this time around. The game looks beautiful and the combat is original and fun. The game just feels so different then any other action-rpg out there. A few minor things to keep the game from getting aThe Witcher 2 took me a little bit of getting used to in order to fully dive in, but once the game had me I was hooked. Geralt is still rather stoic but has a lighter, comedic, edge to him this time around. The game looks beautiful and the combat is original and fun. The game just feels so different then any other action-rpg out there. A few minor things to keep the game from getting a perfect 10 would be the bugs. I had A LOT but nothing really gamebreaking, just occasional awkward camera pans during conversation and then enemies being on a set path where an invisible wall makes them retreat from attacking. The characters are great and the 2 different paths you can take definitely make this one worth a second play through. Expand
  86. May 5, 2013
    This is one of my favorite games. I love the story and the characters. It was easy to figure out the game play and leveling up the character was good too.
  87. Apr 18, 2012
    @Dacai: you didn't take into account that 1) in some regions this game was available from the 14th of April and 2) there are quite a few people who bought it on xbox who played it on pc before, thus they ARE able to give an in-depth review after just a day of playing. Please remove your unfair score and make a review only after you have actually played the game. My review:@Dacai: you didn't take into account that 1) in some regions this game was available from the 14th of April and 2) there are quite a few people who bought it on xbox who played it on pc before, thus they ARE able to give an in-depth review after just a day of playing. Please remove your unfair score and make a review only after you have actually played the game. My review: Marvellous story, where your decisions really matter. Gorgeous graphics. Intensive gameplay. Solid voice acting. Original and captivating music. The Witcher 2 has all that and much more. Expand
  88. Apr 17, 2012
    i use to play first and second part of this game on PC, and now i bought Xbox version to support great CDP Red more (and play in front of tv of course :-). game is great, simply the best fanatasy RPG since Planescape:T .immersive , amazing characters and big (realy matter) choises, very good graphic (this lights in forest...i could watch it for hours). and one more thing - price is loweri use to play first and second part of this game on PC, and now i bought Xbox version to support great CDP Red more (and play in front of tv of course :-). game is great, simply the best fanatasy RPG since Planescape:T .immersive , amazing characters and big (realy matter) choises, very good graphic (this lights in forest...i could watch it for hours). and one more thing - price is lower then most games, so do yourself a favor and buy this amazing game! right now! do it! :-) Expand
  89. Apr 21, 2012
    I'm out of words. CDR pushed xbox to its limit ! You will not find better looking game on x360, story? excellent, gameplay? pure fun. I'm not a fan of rpgs, but this is just pure joy.
  90. May 19, 2012
    Great story, plenty of humour, superb voice acting, complicated and interesting side quests. Choices you make do matter. Finally on XboX. Great game.
  91. Apr 17, 2012
    Fantastic game!! I can't stop play.......Graphic, battle, spells, fireball, everything is amazing!! A lot of jokes in the story i love it! i back to play!!
  92. Apr 26, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiifwe[iokjgo[cwko0] 3eoyplvc3,e5yp0i0v.,4i5yv 49piyk4v9 [jm vo[jiye4vogj eopigj evg 9jevpyjv9 gre]vuj9 [e 9vhjg erujv ew5=
    5-hyvi3-
    e ehi0vk30h]5ik0 -]htv30 ihj
    ]346
  93. Apr 20, 2012
    @ jerf: Fair enough, although I find your second argument to be weak at best. You cannot base a good review of the 360 version on game-knowlegde gained from the PC version. That being said, my review after 8 hours of play (32 inch hd-ready);

Story; Captures you from the outset and doesn't let go. You do need to pay attention, or it can be overwhelming. It also causes a sore lack of actual "playing" during the first couple of hours.

Graphics; Send a mixed message; Some areas are great, as are the character model and cutscene. In others (interiors) textures seem to be out-dated. The lighting is great to pull attention away from this outdoor. Overall impression is overwhelming, details are far less so.

Sound; Descent

World; As a history teacher I have never seen a more truly rendered feudal setting in a game (minus the fantasy elements of course).

Gameplay; Controls could be smoother, although it does the job. Nothing very innovative

Freedom; Not free-roaming, although you have some room to explore. Think Risen, not Fallout, Skyrim or even Amalur. This doesn't factor into my score, but I think there are people out there that want to know. Conclusion; Great game for those who enjoy heavily story-driven clasic western rpg's. Still don't see it being a 10/10.
  94. May 17, 2012
    An incredibly engrossing adult fantasy game. Being an avid Tom and Jerry fan, I think I've become an somewhat of an authority on violence. Let me tell you, as an authority, this game blows Tom and Jerry out of the water. There's also a lot of sex, and I like sex. Don't be fooled by these 0 reviews. I have a theory that they're all from rival developers who want to besmirch Witcher 2's goodAn incredibly engrossing adult fantasy game. Being an avid Tom and Jerry fan, I think I've become an somewhat of an authority on violence. Let me tell you, as an authority, this game blows Tom and Jerry out of the water. There's also a lot of sex, and I like sex. Don't be fooled by these 0 reviews. I have a theory that they're all from rival developers who want to besmirch Witcher 2's good name. That's right, I'm talking about a conspiracy that goes real deep. Pentagon deep. I know because I'm actually Jesse Ventura, and I got these no good crooks marked. I'm putting all of you 0-rating developers on notice! You better beware, because now you're messing with Jesse "The Mind" Ventura!

haha, I'm so smart.

95. Jul 17, 2012
    This game is one of the top 5 games I have ever played. I am 30 years old and have been gaming since i was five. I played on the PC when it first came out there. I have also played the Witcher 1 before it. I read some reviews saying it isn't like elder scrolls, its not an open world, blah blah. No, it is not. That is a good thing. While i absolutely love elder scrolls i think there areThis game is one of the top 5 games I have ever played. I am 30 years old and have been gaming since i was five. I played on the PC when it first came out there. I have also played the Witcher 1 before it. I read some reviews saying it isn't like elder scrolls, its not an open world, blah blah. No, it is not. That is a good thing. While i absolutely love elder scrolls i think there are enough games like them that i welcome the change. While i don't know how it looks on the consoles i know that on my hi end PC it has spectacular graphics. The game play takes some skill to master, that may be why people complain, i honestly can't say. I have actually played the game 3 times through since its release on PC. I recommend the series to anyone and everyone! Expand
  96. Aug 26, 2012
    The Witcher 2 on the xbox 360 is a fantastic game with a few rough edges and flawed game mechanics that prevent it from achieving greatness. It is a compelling western RPG with a deep involving story, interesting characters and good combat mechanics. The Witcher 2 story is very politically driven with lots of characters vying for power and many Kingdom's well being being staked on yourThe Witcher 2 on the xbox 360 is a fantastic game with a few rough edges and flawed game mechanics that prevent it from achieving greatness. It is a compelling western RPG with a deep involving story, interesting characters and good combat mechanics. The Witcher 2 story is very politically driven with lots of characters vying for power and many Kingdom's well being being staked on your decisions. It is epic in scale and every important character got an interesting agenda and back story. I've never played the original Witcher and the story has left me confused a few times. It does not all add up until the very end, then it all just clicks and you understand the political drama that is unfolding. Still I did not need to play the original Witcher for everything to piece together so its okay to just jump straight into the second game.

The combat is challenging but ultimately every battle ends up feeling all too familiar. Throughout the whole game, I ended up rolling away from enemies, waiting for them to attack so I can counter when their defenses were down. Occasionally, I blocked and parry especially for shielded soldiers. It can be involving and deep and rewards patience. I'm sure different playstyles are reward depending on the skills you allocate points into. I was a swordsman so I relied primarily on rolling and attacking. I have a problem with the way potions works in this game. You can not use it during a fight, so everything must be drink before a big battle. This really diminishes the value of potions and rewards reloading before a major fight to buff Geralt up. This mechanic really takes away from the fun spontaneous nature of combat and rewards root memorization of when key fights will take place.

I have a few qualms with the Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2. First of the inventory and looting system is cumbersome and unintuitive. You can not loot individual items from a corpse, box or crate. This means you often must pick up all the items from a corpse or box and go into your inventory to drop worthless heavy junk. There is also a lack of a quickscroll button, so once your inventory fills up, you wil be force to scroll a large list of items to potentially find what you are searching for. The player cannot even sort the inventory by name or weight. Your items list will just be a random mess. The map and navigation system is also broken, many time leaving the player confused on where to go. The arrow on the minimap points in a general direction with no regards for terrain or obstacle. This often means if you'll following it, you'll be running into a dead end more often than not. The map does not name key locations and you can not even navigate around it. It has left me confused on more than one occasion.

Graphically the game is on par with a medium, lowish pc graphic setting. It still looks amazing, there is just lower resolution textures, more pop ins, less draw distant etc. Of course the most high end PC will end up blasting the Xbox 360 version out of the ballpark, but then again you would not be checking out a Xbox review if you had just a PC rig. This is for the poor blokes like me who has to settle for less.

Despite all its flaw, The Witcher 2 is still a fantastic game. Old school western RPG fans who enjoyed Baldur's Gate, Fallout, Planescape Torment etc. should feel right at home playing the Witcher 2. The Wicher 2 is best experience on a PC. Pick it up for the xbox if you do not have a PC capable of running it, otherwise stick to the PC version for optimum gameplay and graphical experience.
  97. Oct 4, 2012
    One of the best game worst every cent i've paid. Great story, great char develpment, great combat system and many more. Great games make u fully immense into it and feel for the character in the games. This game does it.
  98. Oct 19, 2013
    The Wither is my favorite franchise. The game hasa an adult plot, interesting characters and outstanding graphics. I can not wait to see The Witcher 3.
  99. Apr 26, 2012
    The Witcher 2 is an almost perfect blend of action, story and RPG goodness. It will probably not appeal to the button masher crowd, nor will it satisfy the turn-based RPG purists, with which I more closely align myself. However, for those of us who like action with our RPGs, it hits the sweat spot. I can only hope that the folks at Bioware that are working on Dragon Age 3 will play thisThe Witcher 2 is an almost perfect blend of action, story and RPG goodness. It will probably not appeal to the button masher crowd, nor will it satisfy the turn-based RPG purists, with which I more closely align myself. However, for those of us who like action with our RPGs, it hits the sweat spot. I can only hope that the folks at Bioware that are working on Dragon Age 3 will play this and take some notes about the right way to provide action and a good story without compromising the elements that define the RPG genre. Better yet, they should hire some of the folks at CD Projekt as consultants, or see if they will give them access to the RED Engine. Do be aware though that this game can get frustrating and requires patience and planning, especially on higher difficulty settings. If you go into this thinking you can just mash X over and over and still come out on top, you will be disappointed. However, because you don't win every battle, finally getting through a tough one after several tries and strategy changes comes with an even greater sense of satisfaction and accomplishment. If you like RPGs, you should really give this a try. Expand
  100. Apr 17, 2012
    The best game I have ever played. Unbelivible good story told in very mature way. I cannot belive that it looks so good on my console. Great job CDProjekt Red!

1. Jul 13, 2012
    Witcher 2 is a throwback in a lot of ways to old PC games, which certainly appeals to me. The delivery method is modern, no doubt, but the fact there's a lot of poking and prodding (and death) that happens even early on has me anxious for another instalment.
  2. Jun 26, 2012
    The high bar of visuals is followed by a good score, and descent acting, some of the spell and combat audio has a edge to it that sounds lower quality then the rest of the audio landscape.
  3. Jun 17, 2012
    The Xbox 360 port is an impressive technical accomplishment that brings a classic PC RPG experience to a new audience. The transition is not flawless, but those who stick with it will be rewarded with an intriguing and entertaining experience.