8.2

1. Apr 29, 2012
    Witcher 2 needs a little help here. I love this game!! This is the sort of RPG that, quite literally, you get out what you put into it. Meaning that you have to put forth the effort to explore the story through journal entries, the Witcher Wiki, and REALLY paying attention to the story/plot. This is not the kind of game that you romp around and slash your way through all the bad guysWitcher 2 needs a little help here. I love this game!! This is the sort of RPG that, quite literally, you get out what you put into it. Meaning that you have to put forth the effort to explore the story through journal entries, the Witcher Wiki, and REALLY paying attention to the story/plot. This is not the kind of game that you romp around and slash your way through all the bad guys to get to the next sequence. Take your time...let yourself get emotionally involved with the characters, and simply enjoy one of the best RPGs on the market. Though it has a semi-high learning curve with the combat, the more you play it, the more enjoyable it really is. I'll be back for a full review after completing this gem!!! Expand
  2. Apr 28, 2012
    Great game, great story ... I really have nothing to complaint. I enjoy the difficultly and each fights is intense and epic. Cant wait for the next game!
  3. Apr 26, 2012
    Wow I'm not used to having good RPG's on the 360, and this is easily one of the best.

Story better than Skyrim
    Gameplay better than Skyrim
    Dialogue better than Skyrim

I could go on.
  4. May 15, 2012
    In my opinion "The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings" is simply the best game ever; great storyline, great gameplay, great graphics on 360 and incredible atmpsphere. Can't wait for the witcher 3 !
  5. Apr 27, 2012
    Great game. I think that's the best RPG on xbox right now. Congrats to devs for theirs work. I started a counting for Witcher 3. I will say it one more time: Great game.
  6. Apr 28, 2012
    What a beautiful game! I'm not a rpg type of game player but I think you don't have to be to REALLY ENJOY this excellent game. Graphics, music, game play top quality. Playing this game made me to register and write my first review ever. I really don't understand folks that give below 8 ratings, I really don't. Give it a try and you will love it and WILL NOT be disappointed.
  7. Apr 28, 2012
    This is the greatest game I have ever played in my entire life. Though to be honest I played the game on my high end PC, I have almost played the game more than 50 times and its still not boring.

Witcher 2 really deserves a 10/10 score, CDPROJECKT has also provided the enhanced edition patch for FREE (Thank you so much guys, you are the most coolest dev out there). The Enhanced Edition brings with it a bunch of side quests that were not available with the PC version. I'm currently biting my nails for the Witcher 3 Which I doubt would at least take 2 more years due to the independent and non- linear plot of the second game..

My best wishes to CDprojekt.
  8. May 4, 2012
    Please just let me tell you few important things. It is one of the best RPG productions that have ever been released. Great, great story what is probably the most important part of that kind of game. Decision making is incredible because finally, you are able to play your game how you want and create your own story. Game play is made so nice and friendly on the console version. Graphics,Please just let me tell you few important things. It is one of the best RPG productions that have ever been released. Great, great story what is probably the most important part of that kind of game. Decision making is incredible because finally, you are able to play your game how you want and create your own story. Game play is made so nice and friendly on the console version. Graphics, physics and the general climate of the game will make you donâ Expand
  9. May 12, 2012
    that is nice game The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition i has been finished, i have difficult way,just shared the good trainer i used THE WITCHER 2 Assassins Of Kings +6 Trainer games at cheatncode.com enjoy for fun dude
  10. May 13, 2012
    Fantastic game! Games like The Witcher 2 only come around once in a while. It has amazing graphics and artwork, a great story, convincing voice acting, and exciting action. I enjoyed playing a title that is directed to a more adult gamer. I hope more titles like this start popping up. A great achievement by CD PROJECT RED.
  11. May 14, 2012
    Having had the time to really sink my teeth into this one, I can easily say it is one of the most satisfying titles of a long, long while. It really is a game that, whether you like it or not, does not restrict itself in order to pacify those who maybe aren't equipped to handle a hardcore experience. This is (sadly) something rarely seen in games today.

This is one of the first rpg's in a

This is one of the first rpg's in a long while that left me truly satisfied. Skyrim was too shallow and it's quests mediocre. Kingdoms of Amalur's world and quest design was too restrictive and static. This game hits the mark in most areas I concern myself with when it comes to rpgs. Geralt, while a pre-established main character, holds a lot of personality, and the developers still found ways for you to make him your own. The character development is deep and varied, allowing for vastly different tactics through different playthroughs. Your actions have real weight and consequence to them. So much so that the entire second chapter can be flipped, offering a vastly different experience depending on the choices you make. And the world, while mostly linear, is highly detailed, allowing me to really put myself into the game. Anyway, I really couldn't recommend this game enough. Easily one of the top rpg's to be found on console (or pc for that matter) this generation. Show CD Projekt some love and buy this game, whether it be on pc, or on the 360.
  12. May 15, 2012
    This game was just amazing. It has been a long time since ive played a game more than once within one week of beating it. The graphics were damn beautiful, the gameplay was fluid and near perfect with a hiccup once in a blue moon, and the story was just freaking amazing. It had such good character development, if you chose Iorveths path, and it really made you feel as if the charactersThis game was just amazing. It has been a long time since ive played a game more than once within one week of beating it. The graphics were damn beautiful, the gameplay was fluid and near perfect with a hiccup once in a blue moon, and the story was just freaking amazing. It had such good character development, if you chose Iorveths path, and it really made you feel as if the characters Iorveth and Roche were your buddies, or you wished they were real people you could be-friend. The game is truly deserving of the M rating so kids beware or youll be playing with little chubs throughout the game lol. I loved the game so much i even bought Geralts outfit for my xbox live avatar. the story was freaking amazing as many of the choices you made had severe repercussions if you didnt think them through, I did 2 play through's so far, one in normal difficulty and the second one in Dark difficulty. Its no Skyrim in terms of you can explore for days but where it does beat Skyrim is in the story. This is one of those games that has to be played. With all that said, go buy it or borrow it from a friend and then go buy it. If you let your self get immersed into the world of the witcher 2, you will want to see all 16 endings.

Hope this review helped some of you decide to get it :D
  13. May 15, 2012
    I missed the PC version as I'm a console gamer and I must say, i regret every bit of it. The story, choice mechanic and character development is better than Dragon Age, and the actual gameplay is very different to other RPG's (particularly with the potions and magic), I really felt like my choices had an impact and I am already looking forward for 3 when that comes out :) However, i foundI missed the PC version as I'm a console gamer and I must say, i regret every bit of it. The story, choice mechanic and character development is better than Dragon Age, and the actual gameplay is very different to other RPG's (particularly with the potions and magic), I really felt like my choices had an impact and I am already looking forward for 3 when that comes out :) However, i found the 3rd chapter to be really short, but it still doesn't take away the overall feeling and impression. Expand
  14. May 17, 2012
    An incredibly engrossing adult fantasy game. Being an avid Tom and Jerry fan, I think I've become an somewhat of an authority on violence. Let me tell you, as an authority, this game blows Tom and Jerry out of the water. There's also a lot of sex, and I like sex. Don't be fooled by these 0 reviews. I have a theory that they're all from rival developers who want to besmirch Witcher 2's goodAn incredibly engrossing adult fantasy game. Being an avid Tom and Jerry fan, I think I've become an somewhat of an authority on violence. Let me tell you, as an authority, this game blows Tom and Jerry out of the water. There's also a lot of sex, and I like sex. Don't be fooled by these 0 reviews. I have a theory that they're all from rival developers who want to besmirch Witcher 2's good name. That's right, I'm talking about a conspiracy that goes real deep. Pentagon deep. I know because I'm actually Jesse Ventura, and I got these no good crooks marked. I'm putting all of you 0-rating developers on notice! You better beware, because now you're messing with Jesse "The Mind" Ventura!

haha, I'm so smart.

15. May 22, 2012
    Great story, beautiful graphics, interesting but complex gameplay, what more can you want from The Witcher 2? Just get this amazing rpg, there is so much too do...
  16. May 22, 2012
    Having just completed the game. I honestly feel this is one of the best experiences I have had with an Xbox game and I have played most AAA titles. The difference with the Witcher 2 compared to many games like Halo, Bioshock, Elder Scrolls etc... it it's solid M rating. This game is not for children at all this is M all the way. It feature full nudity and lots of cursing. This would beHaving just completed the game. I honestly feel this is one of the best experiences I have had with an Xbox game and I have played most AAA titles. The difference with the Witcher 2 compared to many games like Halo, Bioshock, Elder Scrolls etc... it it's solid M rating. This game is not for children at all this is M all the way. It feature full nudity and lots of cursing. This would be very comparable to HBO's Game of Thrones. Being an adult gamer, I appreciate the "no holds barred" approach. Many games these days are overly juvenile. Some core review info. Graphics. Exceptionally great with the exception of lot's of texture pop in, This is minimized when installed to disc and eventually isn't noticed much later in the game. Story. Easily the strongest point this is a fully realized world with fully realized characters, it is philosophical, emotion, and most importantly fun. I had several laugh out loud moments with the humor of some dialogue branches. Gameplay. While it does have a steep learning curve, once you get the hand of it, it can be very rewarding to turn up the difficulty and try some deeper strategy with potions, mutagens, traps, and enhancements. Overall I found the experience one of a kind and truly had to think about my choices and enjoyed seeing the results of my actions in the world. With multiple playthoughs and different side quests and difficulty options. Truly once is not enough. Highly Recommended!

Summary:
    Graphics: 9 (only due to persistent texture pop in)
    Gameplay: 10 (hard at first but intriguing and challenging strategies await the devoted)
    Story: 10 (Wow just Wow, Mystery, Intrigue, Sex, and Violence, what more could you want?)
    Overall: 10 (Fully realized Adult Oriented RPG/ACTION experience) (One of Kind and Unforgettable)
  17. Jul 17, 2012
    This game is one of the top 5 games I have ever played. I am 30 years old and have been gaming since i was five. I played on the PC when it first came out there. I have also played the Witcher 1 before it. I read some reviews saying it isn't like elder scrolls, its not an open world, blah blah. No, it is not. That is a good thing. While i absolutely love elder scrolls i think there areThis game is one of the top 5 games I have ever played. I am 30 years old and have been gaming since i was five. I played on the PC when it first came out there. I have also played the Witcher 1 before it. I read some reviews saying it isn't like elder scrolls, its not an open world, blah blah. No, it is not. That is a good thing. While i absolutely love elder scrolls i think there are enough games like them that i welcome the change. While i don't know how it looks on the consoles i know that on my hi end PC it has spectacular graphics. The game play takes some skill to master, that may be why people complain, i honestly can't say. I have actually played the game 3 times through since its release on PC. I recommend the series to anyone and everyone! Expand
  18. May 13, 2013
    Simply amazing game. Combines depth of its predecessor with greatly improved combat and character development systems. The only shortcomings are occasional bugs and the length of the game it's much shorter than the first installment (hence the 9, not 10). Best console RPG since Dragon Age: Origins.
  19. Sep 26, 2012
    The first Witcher game was merely alright, but the sequel has improved upon its predecessor in almost every single aspect. For instance, the production values now are through the roof. The UI is sleek, the graphical fidelity and art direction is astonishing, and the sound quality is overall very good indeed. Engaging in combat is a blast, even though it can be a wee bit unresponsive atThe first Witcher game was merely alright, but the sequel has improved upon its predecessor in almost every single aspect. For instance, the production values now are through the roof. The UI is sleek, the graphical fidelity and art direction is astonishing, and the sound quality is overall very good indeed. Engaging in combat is a blast, even though it can be a wee bit unresponsive at times. Finally, there's the story, which is riveting from beginning to end. It may be somewhat difficult to comprehend at times, as there are a great lot of names to remember, but it's superb nonetheless. The player is forced to make truly difficult decisions throughout the journey too; decisions which aren't all black and white. If you only plough through the game once, it'll last you about 40 hours, but it has sufficient replay value, as the choices you make have huge impact on how the story unfolds. Overall, I can heartily recommend The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings to anyone looking for a great RPG experience. Expand
  20. Aug 5, 2012
    Mature, innovative, original and picturesque combining great combat with Hollywood-worthy story-telling.
    I've long been waiting for an RPG like this.
  21. Aug 26, 2012
    The Witcher 2 on the xbox 360 is a fantastic game with a few rough edges and flawed game mechanics that prevent it from achieving greatness. It is a compelling western RPG with a deep involving story, interesting characters and good combat mechanics. The Witcher 2 story is very politically driven with lots of characters vying for power and many Kingdom's well being being staked on yourThe Witcher 2 on the xbox 360 is a fantastic game with a few rough edges and flawed game mechanics that prevent it from achieving greatness. It is a compelling western RPG with a deep involving story, interesting characters and good combat mechanics. The Witcher 2 story is very politically driven with lots of characters vying for power and many Kingdom's well being being staked on your decisions. It is epic in scale and every important character got an interesting agenda and back story. I've never played the original Witcher and the story has left me confused a few times. It does not all add up until the very end, then it all just clicks and you understand the political drama that is unfolding. Still I did not need to play the original Witcher for everything to piece together so its okay to just jump straight into the second game.

The combat is challenging but ultimately every battle ends up feeling all too familiar. Throughout the whole game, I ended up rolling away from enemies, waiting for them to attack so I can counter when their defenses were down. Occasionally, I blocked and parry especially for shielded soldiers. It can be involving and deep and rewards patience. I'm sure different playstyles are reward depending on the skills you allocate points into. I was a swordsman so I relied primarily on rolling and attacking. I have a problem with the way potions works in this game. You can not use it during a fight, so everything must be drink before a big battle. This really diminishes the value of potions and rewards reloading before a major fight to buff Geralt up. This mechanic really takes away from the fun spontaneous nature of combat and rewards root memorization of when key fights will take place.

I have a few qualms with the Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2. First of the inventory and looting system is cumbersome and unintuitive. You can not loot individual items from a corpse, box or crate. This means you often must pick up all the items from a corpse or box and go into your inventory to drop worthless heavy junk. There is also a lack of a quickscroll button, so once your inventory fills up, you wil be force to scroll a large list of items to potentially find what you are searching for. The player cannot even sort the inventory by name or weight. Your items list will just be a random mess. The map and navigation system is also broken, many time leaving the player confused on where to go. The arrow on the minimap points in a general direction with no regards for terrain or obstacle. This often means if you'll following it, you'll be running into a dead end more often than not. The map does not name key locations and you can not even navigate around it. It has left me confused on more than one occasion.

Graphically the game is on par with a medium, lowish pc graphic setting. It still looks amazing, there is just lower resolution textures, more pop ins, less draw distant etc. Of course the most high end PC will end up blasting the Xbox 360 version out of the ballpark, but then again you would not be checking out a Xbox review if you had just a PC rig. This is for the poor blokes like me who has to settle for less.

Despite all its flaw, The Witcher 2 is still a fantastic game. Old school western RPG fans who enjoyed Baldur's Gate, Fallout, Planescape Torment etc. should feel right at home playing the Witcher 2. The Wicher 2 is best experience on a PC. Pick it up for the xbox if you do not have a PC capable of running it, otherwise stick to the PC version for optimum gameplay and graphical experience.
  22. Dec 12, 2012
    This is easily the best RPG today. Period. It does almost everything right and offers a dense and immersive experience for at least 30-40 hours. I loved the mature dialogue style and the freedom of decision in the story line.
  23. Apr 28, 2013
    This is a very adult RPG with a great story and incredible graphics. All of the dialogue is well written and the voice acting helps pull you in to the world that they have created. The swordplay is fun, it reminds me a little of the combat system in the assassins creed games. Magic is implemented well in this game and is not overpowered. All around this is one of the best RPGs thatThis is a very adult RPG with a great story and incredible graphics. All of the dialogue is well written and the voice acting helps pull you in to the world that they have created. The swordplay is fun, it reminds me a little of the combat system in the assassins creed games. Magic is implemented well in this game and is not overpowered. All around this is one of the best RPGs that I've played, and I've played several. If you haven't played it yet you should give it a try. Expand
  24. Sep 28, 2012
    This game (and the original) took me by surprise. They had a lot of flaws (inventory management, slow loading, bizarre act IV in witcher I, not much replay value), almost all of which I forgive because I am in love with the games. They are on the list of my top 5 favorite games. 9/10 instead of 10/10 since I've spoken with enough people to know that this game doesn't do for everyone whatThis game (and the original) took me by surprise. They had a lot of flaws (inventory management, slow loading, bizarre act IV in witcher I, not much replay value), almost all of which I forgive because I am in love with the games. They are on the list of my top 5 favorite games. 9/10 instead of 10/10 since I've spoken with enough people to know that this game doesn't do for everyone what it, for reasons I find hard to identify, did for me. If you liked this game, consider: The Witcher, Mass Effects, and Planescape Torment. Expand
  25. Sep 19, 2012
    As a mature game which only applies to those who has grown really interested in RPG-games, The Witcher2: Assassins of Kings delivers a driving and thrilling adventure for the player.
  26. Oct 4, 2012
    One of the best game worst every cent i've paid. Great story, great char develpment, great combat system and many more. Great games make u fully immense into it and feel for the character in the games. This game does it.
  27. Oct 11, 2012
    I'll get it out of the way now: it looked amazing! The world was created in a very beautiful way but simultaneously in a way that made it feel real and dark. I was a little concerned with the story line from the beginning but it quickly picked up and became more engaging after escaping the prison with Roche. From a story standpoint I really like the direction they took it and the openingI'll get it out of the way now: it looked amazing! The world was created in a very beautiful way but simultaneously in a way that made it feel real and dark. I was a little concerned with the story line from the beginning but it quickly picked up and became more engaging after escaping the prison with Roche. From a story standpoint I really like the direction they took it and the opening line of **** off" more then set the tone for whose shoes I would be filling and what can of a BAMF I would be. The main characters all seemed to have a immense depth and most of the side characters had rich stories. The lore is absolutely one of the strongpoints in the Witcher. The combat was really a huge shocker for me. After playing FPS, then moving to something like Skyrim, then Batman, I feel like man hands would adapt fair quickly to any control scheme. The button mapping seemed confusing and nonsensical during the early hours but after getting used to the challenge became the combat. I wouldn't go so far as to argue that the combat was difficult, but it did take some getting-used-to. It seemed like the combat would have been easier if I knew about the crafting or if that was stressed as the way to go about playing. Along with crafting I never touched throwing knives, traps, or bombs. There is an insane amount of random useless objects in this game and I felt like the loot was pretty useless. Killing people never really brought great loot and was only really an ends to a mean. That being said, getting into fights was sweet because it required that you actually think about the fighting and your position. The array of NPC species was really outstanding and I felt as if I was running into a species every 30 minutes or less and every couple of minutes I would see a character I had never seen before. They really did use a lot of unique resources and it helped a lot with immersion. Everything felt like it was done right and not rushed, and I appreciate that they did not try to make the world extremely huge and instead focused on making a small area really great. Overall the quality of this game is top notch through and through and is definitely something that I will jump back into later on down the road to try the completely different story path. Expand
  28. Aug 31, 2013
    The story and characters really tie together well and make for an interesting and purposeful gaming experience. The decision-making elements in the game are subtle and dialogue choices significant, meaning you really have to be sure of what you are saying and doing. Any lack of conviction meaning you may have to try a lot harder for the outcome you desire, fail at a quest or even end up onThe story and characters really tie together well and make for an interesting and purposeful gaming experience. The decision-making elements in the game are subtle and dialogue choices significant, meaning you really have to be sure of what you are saying and doing. Any lack of conviction meaning you may have to try a lot harder for the outcome you desire, fail at a quest or even end up on the wrong side of your friends sword. Attention to detail and design is impressive and further adds to the feel of a living world within the game. If you’re prepared to put in the time and effort The Witcher 2 really is a game you can’t miss. Expand
  29. Nov 21, 2012
    Overall i would say this was a polished rpg. The setting is brilliant as you would expect from a game based on a book series. The graphics are some of the best i have seen on an xbox. The characters are all believable, even down to the whores and soldiers. It is gritty and definitely not for kids. It has a unique potion system where you cannot take potions during a fight. This is no skyrimOverall i would say this was a polished rpg. The setting is brilliant as you would expect from a game based on a book series. The graphics are some of the best i have seen on an xbox. The characters are all believable, even down to the whores and soldiers. It is gritty and definitely not for kids. It has a unique potion system where you cannot take potions during a fight. This is no skyrim where you can drink 50 potions in a fight. You need to think tactical at all times. The choices you make in the game have consequences later on, even to the extent where the whole second chapter changes depending upon whose sid
    The game does have a few issues though. Considering this is the first game on 360, there is surprisingly little to explain the story at the start. Even the journal doesnt give many clues as to what is going on. This holds the game back from being a classic. However with that said, by the end i was totally engrossed in the storyline. Its not open world but it is one of the best rpg which doesn't fall into the trap of being a generic dungeons and dragons style adventure. A great achievement from Cd projekt which is just slightly marred by it throwing the player in at the deep end. Stick with it though, because it is good.
  30. Feb 1, 2013
    For an independent developer this is really a surprisingly good RPG. This is perhaps the only game I can put almost on par with Dragon Age. Graphically it is utterly gorgeous. Combat is fun, but also (relatively) realistic and not just a random button masher. The lore is also pretty engaging and it is nice that they finally release an RPG that is aimed at adults. It is told with an adultFor an independent developer this is really a surprisingly good RPG. This is perhaps the only game I can put almost on par with Dragon Age. Graphically it is utterly gorgeous. Combat is fun, but also (relatively) realistic and not just a random button masher. The lore is also pretty engaging and it is nice that they finally release an RPG that is aimed at adults. It is told with an adult audience in mind (not just the mature content.) Perhaps my only real criticism is that it is over too soon. I wish it had been a bit longer as it really does a fantastic job of pulling you in and immersing you in the world. I'm not saying the game is short, it's not. I also really loved the fact that the choices you make really do have different outcomes and progress the game in an almost completely different direction. At one point it almost felt like 2 different stories. Overall a fantastic game and I really hope they continue with this series. Expand
  31. Dec 30, 2012
    This game is amazing. Plan and simple. I almost wrote it off after finishing the tutorial as the tutorial was obnoxious...it constantly interrupts you with extremely annoying prompts and while I understand and appreciate that those prompts are teaching the game mechanics, they're handled in such a poor, jarring way that I stopped playing about a week.

I picked it back up and I'm SO glad

I picked it back up and I'm SO glad I did. Once the actual game starts, it's an absolute blast! Combat is so fluid and natural--and FUN. This game is amazingly deep and complex and that's highlighted by the fact that the inventory has like 18 screens on it. It's daunting at first but quickly makes sense and feels pretty natural.

The story is gripping and despite not having played the first game, I find myself completely sucked in and wanting to know what's going to happen next.

The graphics are gorgeous. The world feels alive and you can really tell all the time and care they put into crafting a believable world.

This game is what the Elder Scrolls series has attempted (and failed so hard, so many times) to be. I cannot wait to finish this game (only about halfway through chapter two at the moment) and see how it ends. I hope The Witcher 3 comes out simultaneously on Xbox!
  32. Jul 1, 2014
    I had heard a lot about this game and after seeing the Witcher 3 on E3, I just could resist any more.
    And I got what I hoped. This game is one of the best of the past generation.
    I avoided it cause I hate RPGs, but couldn't resist the awesome story. Game of Thrones meets Mass Effect in a very EPIC way. The gameplay has so many aspects and all of them are well refined as are all the
    And I got what I hoped. This game is one of the best of the past generation.
    I avoided it cause I hate RPGs, but couldn't resist the awesome story.
    Game of Thrones meets Mass Effect in a very EPIC way.
    The gameplay has so many aspects and all of them are well refined as are all the features.
    Even the puzzles, even the small details, even the recipes... everything is pretty well made so as to serve a purpose and make it meaningful.

The story is probably one of the best in the history of video games and is pretty mature giving you choices that matter and that feel very "grey". We await the arrival of Geralt next Feb ten times more hyped.
  33. Jan 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. you guys do not know who criticize criticize so talk **** on this site who do not have good content so the game knows criticize without reason or a **** Expand
  34. Jan 27, 2013
    Witcher 2 is a gorgeous game. Stunning visuals, amazingly versatile story and incredible characters that creates an immersive heaven. If you're a fan of RPG, you probably already know about this game and for a new comer to the genre get this for a great experience. CD Projekt really impressed me with this follow up to the original Witcher (PC) and did the books justice.
  35. Mar 22, 2013
    The Witcher 2 took me a little bit of getting used to in order to fully dive in, but once the game had me I was hooked. Geralt is still rather stoic but has a lighter, comedic, edge to him this time around. The game looks beautiful and the combat is original and fun. The game just feels so different then any other action-rpg out there. A few minor things to keep the game from getting aThe Witcher 2 took me a little bit of getting used to in order to fully dive in, but once the game had me I was hooked. Geralt is still rather stoic but has a lighter, comedic, edge to him this time around. The game looks beautiful and the combat is original and fun. The game just feels so different then any other action-rpg out there. A few minor things to keep the game from getting a perfect 10 would be the bugs. I had A LOT but nothing really gamebreaking, just occasional awkward camera pans during conversation and then enemies being on a set path where an invisible wall makes them retreat from attacking. The characters are great and the 2 different paths you can take definitely make this one worth a second play through. Expand
  36. Apr 1, 2013
    I am thouroughly enjoying the heck out of the Witcher 2. I haven't played the first installment, as I was told I didn't have to play it in order to play the second one. It appears RPG's are becoming better and better as times go on. With an incredible plotline, solid swordplay, sophisticated armor enhancing, attribute development, and crafting, this game packs alot of fun and wonder intoI am thouroughly enjoying the heck out of the Witcher 2. I haven't played the first installment, as I was told I didn't have to play it in order to play the second one. It appears RPG's are becoming better and better as times go on. With an incredible plotline, solid swordplay, sophisticated armor enhancing, attribute development, and crafting, this game packs alot of fun and wonder into the familiar medieval fantasy setting. Expand
  37. May 5, 2013
    This is one of my favorite games. I love the story and the characters. It was easy to figure out the game play and leveling up the character was good too.
  38. May 14, 2013
    Fantastic game. One of the best RPG experiences iv ever had. If your looking for something deep, mature, and engrossing, this is a must. Great storytelling, great characters, great combat with some tactical parts to it, great world. 10/10 from me.
  39. Jun 9, 2013
    If you start playing, you will want more!
    The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is a great game with a great storyline, great voice acting and a beautifull world created by Andrzej Sapkowski. Truly, this is the best game I have ever played and I can't wait for The Witcher 3!
  40. Dec 10, 2013
    This game is outstanding.

Coming from the Baldur's Gate and Fallout background, I absolutely love the proper RPG feel in Witcher 2. The story feels real and engaging. Dialogues are amazing. Game mechanics are pleasant. The world is alive, and there's a freedom of choice. Yet, there are few things I didn't like. The story feels too political at times; and it's rather linear. I wish
    This game is outstanding.

Yet, there are few things I didn't like.

The story feels too political at times; and it's rather linear. I wish there was more freedom in the Witcher world.

Conversations sometimes become too long and too deep. I love a good dialogue in Witcher it feels like reading George Martin book but I often caught myself tired of following all the intricacies of the conversation.

Some things stroke me as unrealistic. You can freely pick up stuff from people's houses. Of course it makes things easier... but perhaps too easy?

While the fight dynamics are pretty satisfying, I do wish there was more combos. And the fact that you can't restore health in a fight is really annoying at times. On the other hand, it certainly makes for unique strategy in this game.
  41. Oct 19, 2013
    The Wither is my favorite franchise. The game hasa an adult plot, interesting characters and outstanding graphics. I can not wait to see The Witcher 3.
  42. Dec 5, 2013
    Great game just not long enough. Loved the story and characters. More of the same please only bigger. And why only release it on nxt gen.? As long as it lives up to the last one I'll forgive you.
  43. Jan 16, 2014
    This game is the best RPG storytelling in gaming history. It can be quite difficult also. The decision making is tangible and the combat although a little slow is dynamic and fun. What I really want to emphasize here is the visuals and the storyline. This game is like a great book, the main character Geralt feels like an ancient warrior who the player must slowly immerse into a changingThis game is the best RPG storytelling in gaming history. It can be quite difficult also. The decision making is tangible and the combat although a little slow is dynamic and fun. What I really want to emphasize here is the visuals and the storyline. This game is like a great book, the main character Geralt feels like an ancient warrior who the player must slowly immerse into a changing world. It is rewarding, the dialogue is interesting and the game, although very very large, does not feel repetitive. This is my favorite RPG of all time and I would recommend it to the Pope. Expand
  44. May 11, 2015
    First of all, this game is harder than Dark Souls by a wide margin. It's a true RPG reminiscent of older Bioware games, with a heavy focus on choices that actually matter, long-winded and robust storytelling and game mechanics that take a lot of time and skill to master. The actions you take along the story feel meaningful, the quests are difficult and rewarding and the combat is deep andFirst of all, this game is harder than Dark Souls by a wide margin. It's a true RPG reminiscent of older Bioware games, with a heavy focus on choices that actually matter, long-winded and robust storytelling and game mechanics that take a lot of time and skill to master. The actions you take along the story feel meaningful, the quests are difficult and rewarding and the combat is deep and flowing and play out much like the Arkham series games.

There are flaws to be had, but in the end they are small and easily forgiven. The first and foremost flaw is that the game can feel clunky at times. The stealth mechanics aren't very good and only come up a handful of times, prompts are finicky with showing up and often times things feel delayed. I also feel that the UI, especially in the menu (which you will be frequent constantly) is not very quick and lacks simple yet obvious options like a sort button. The only other issue I have is just a personal nitpick, in that the whole game is just three separate chunks. You do everything in one area until you decide to advance the story, do everything in the next area, advance the story etc. Even the quests that span the whole game are separated into three instances of the same quest essentially. It makes it feel much smaller and that you are forced into doing things a certain way, since you can't leave things for later and come back, like in a game like KotOR allows. It leaves it feeling a bit too grindy for me.

I didn't experience many glitches, and the only notable one is when I did a group finisher, it got stuck in a loading screen after the short cutscene (why is this even a thing?), which didn't bother me only because I saved seconds prior to the fight.

This game is a must for RPG fans, but beware that it doesn't do much to hold your hand (I died a few times just in the tutorial on normal and several times early in chapter one before I got the hang of it). The game feels much older than it is, by way of being clunky in the way games from the early 2000s are (think KotOR), but if you have patience, the game really opens itself in accessibility once you start figuring things out. I recall getting massacred on normal early on in my first playthrough, but breezed through those same sections on the hardest setting on my second time around. The growth does not come only in the character, but in you as a player as well, and the entire experience feels very rewarding.
  45. Jun 2, 2014
    The Witcher 2 is an amazing game.
    Story- the story is great, it has a lot of mystery and bombshells and keeps you guessing. Lots of characters can be a hassle but all are relevant and well written. Lots of different opnions, That intrigue you. The main protagonist is likeable, and the side characters are all well written.
    Content- it's a 55hr game. All the side missions (which are well
    The Witcher 2 is an amazing game.

Content- it's a 55hr game. All the side missions (which are well done with different outcomes) there's a lot. Three different 'zones' you play in. Lots of different weapons and armours to acquire.

Graphics- nice textures, shadows. Lots of colour in combat.

Gameplay- swords, axes, hammers, spears, bombs, oils, magic, block, parry, daggers, traps. This tactical RPG ticks all the boxes. Three main skill trees, alchemy, swordsman, magic. Lvl cap is 35. Lots of enimies variety ranging from creatures and humans, and any in between.

Sound- voice acting is great, sound effects for combat is great, background noise for nature is good but towns chatter is repitive.

Overall but this masterpiece of an RPG.
  46. Jan 21, 2016
    This was my second favorite RPG of all time, after Mass Effect 2, now after The Witcher 3, it has gone down to third. One of the things that i like the most about this game, was once more, the Storytelling and the writing itself, the dialogue, and situations, are probably thing that would make Andrzej proud. I just love this game as a hole, and once again, its biggest problem, is itsThis was my second favorite RPG of all time, after Mass Effect 2, now after The Witcher 3, it has gone down to third. One of the things that i like the most about this game, was once more, the Storytelling and the writing itself, the dialogue, and situations, are probably thing that would make Andrzej proud. I just love this game as a hole, and once again, its biggest problem, is its difficulty, because fighting a **** KRAKEN in the first 5 hours isn"t that fun when you have to die a lot... But since it's not has OP has the first one, is quite nice that i can play it just dying like, less times than the first one. 10/10 Expand
  47. Oct 28, 2014
    Outstanding mature rpg with gritty punishing combat and an extremely immersive setting. I love the specificity of The Witcher's world, there is nothing generical, nothing vanilla, every monster and npc has a specific purpose and reason to exist in its ecosystem. And your choice do matter. About 33h to complete Main Quest+Sides Quest. One of my favorite rpgs of all time. Cant Wait for Witcher3!
  48. Jan 4, 2016
    Picked this up after playing loads of the witcher 3 and i'm really loving it. Big choices and more of the same great combat and storytelling as 3. I think I actually prefer the levelling system in this game. Overall, better than I had excpected and gets a 9 becuase it has a lot of walking over the same ground again and again, with no sprint, which can be tedious.
  49. Jan 27, 2015
    This was a very superb game! a wonderful game! I normally don't play video games like this kind but this was under Xbox Live's "Games With Gold" New program they put out 2 free games a month so I wanted to seek some different kind of game play that I normally don't play and I have got to say I didn't think at first I would like it I though that it was going to be uninteresting since IThis was a very superb game! a wonderful game! I normally don't play video games like this kind but this was under Xbox Live's "Games With Gold" New program they put out 2 free games a month so I wanted to seek some different kind of game play that I normally don't play and I have got to say I didn't think at first I would like it I though that it was going to be uninteresting since I don't play this kind of genre but THIS is a MASTERPIECE! I have loved EVERY MINUTE OF THIS GAME! As others said the MAP CAN GET CONFUSING and would be better if it was more detailed but overall VERY GOOD GAME! Expand
  50. May 22, 2015
    The Witcher 2 is a semi-open world action-RPG that has you playing as a witcher, Geralt of Rivia. The story involves you tracking down a man named Letho to clear your name of a crime he committed and you were blamed for. The combat is enjoyable, with five different spells to use and, of course, your swords; steel for humans and similar species, and silver for monsters. Aside form theThe Witcher 2 is a semi-open world action-RPG that has you playing as a witcher, Geralt of Rivia. The story involves you tracking down a man named Letho to clear your name of a crime he committed and you were blamed for. The combat is enjoyable, with five different spells to use and, of course, your swords; steel for humans and similar species, and silver for monsters. Aside form the intruiging main story, there are quite a number of side quests you can go on. The decisions you make in the story can genuinely impact the plot, I should mention. Also, I like the leveling up and crafing systems (the oils and potions work well). As for the bad...the minigames are kind of lackluster and the glitches are a real pain (these are the most obvious but not the only bad things about the game). At least one side quest became broken due to a glitch. Still, if you're thinking of playing this game before The Witcher 3, do it. It's a fine game but not quite on the level of The Witcher 3. Expand
  51. Apr 27, 2016
    I have spent many a night enraptured by The Witcher 2. Its immersive story, stunning visuals and easy-to-use game mechanics make it an enjoyable experience, especially for those who like a deep, serious RPG. If you have not already done so, I strongly recommend that you play this game.

1. Jul 13, 2012
    Witcher 2 is a throwback in a lot of ways to old PC games, which certainly appeals to me. The delivery method is modern, no doubt, but the fact there's a lot of poking and prodding (and death) that happens even early on has me anxious for another instalment.
  2. Jun 26, 2012
    The high bar of visuals is followed by a good score, and descent acting, some of the spell and combat audio has a edge to it that sounds lower quality then the rest of the audio landscape.
  3. Jun 17, 2012
    The Xbox 360 port is an impressive technical accomplishment that brings a classic PC RPG experience to a new audience. The transition is not flawless, but those who stick with it will be rewarded with an intriguing and entertaining experience.