8.4

1. Apr 18, 2012
    @Dacai: you didn't take into account that 1) in some regions this game was available from the 14th of April and 2) there are quite a few people who bought it on xbox who played it on pc before, thus they ARE able to give an in-depth review after just a day of playing. Please remove your unfair score and make a review only after you have actually played the game. My review: Marvellous story, where your decisions really matter. Gorgeous graphics. Intensive gameplay. Solid voice acting. Original and captivating music. The Witcher 2 has all that and much more. Expand
  2. Apr 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Witcher 2 does what Dragon Age 2 should have done to DA1 aswell. Namely, making a great RPG even greater. You don't have to bump down a RPG when you add a realtime action combat system. You don't have to recycle the same locations all the freaking time. You don't have to make the game look cartoony and much much much easyer. Bioware look at the real pro's cause CD Projekt whooped your butt there. Yes Witcher 2 is hard on medium difficulty. But its so satisfying when you defeat that boss or group of thugs. You really have to find a patern and adjust to it. Potions are a must. Making sure you got the right gear is a must. But unlike other games i haven't found it frustrating yet. Although i had to peek how to defeat the swamp monster cause the entire game you can't just jump on obstacles just like that and suddenly you have to without me knowing you could...died there allot of time dodging what he trew at me before i knew how to progress, then it was easy. XD Expand
  3. Apr 17, 2012
    Best game in my life :) Great storyline, so beautifull world created by Andrzej Sapkowski in his novels, satisfactory fight and nowhere to be seen such great voice acting !
  4. Apr 17, 2012
    "The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings" is an Action-RPG with a dense plot and faster action, but that needs to be planned, addressing several controversial issues and complex gameplay, that have various levels of customization.

Many people likes to compare the game to another RPG, Skyrim, but that doesn't apply, because they are different genres of RPG (although I like more the freedom of
    the first), this game would be more comparable with Dragon Age I / II style, to who does not know the game (I did not know it before).

The opening it is very bloody and with great graphics, and in the gameplay this realistic look is maintained... I just noticed that in some transitions, or in some textures of distant elements / effects, sometimes we see some pixels while the game get a visual focus, but nothing to worry about.

I wish that we had some minor details: when playing, you have virtual boundaries of the scenarios, for example fumbling the plants (they are static), or the mouth of the NPC scenario moving when that talk, but, as I said, they are minor things that hopefully can clean up a fix. In general, all the graphics in most cut-scenes use the game engine, and are very realistic.

The songs are epic orchestrated, well suited to the game, and without any criticism - do the dubbing, which is perfectly well acted, and the main dialogs all have voices.

Just noticed that sometimes varying the position of the camera, the characters voices are weaker (like a distance effect) or suffer interference from other local sounds (eg wind), which makes it temporarily too low - which does not cease to be realistic, but sometimes annoying.

Get ready for complex dialogs, because the story itself is based on books: there is much to read, and discover the main quest and side- quests, and there is blood, sex and violence in the script!

At this point it surpasses from far the "shock" images / themes of Dragon Age as well: here is something much more explicit, either in blood or in the nude scenes (which is total, showing almost all in the womens).

In the main Gameplay there four difficulties: Easy, Normal, Hard and Dark, and because of the variety of strategies to use, to defeat and survive your enemies, together with the controls with multiple functions, Witcher 2 can be a more challenging game to some people.

The combat is pretty cool: pure action, you switch between two classes of swords, the silver (monsters in general) and steel (humans in general), which have hard and fast strokes, which must be balanced according to the enemy attack, having also the block, dodging and preemptive strikes.

Also, in the core of the combat is the use of your character's spells (magic is explained in the plot, because they are able to use her mutant), which have various categories such as domination, fire, stun, a great variety! The use of spells before and during the combat is essential to survive and plan your combat strategies.

In addition we have also a Skill tree that extends to four sides, each one of a kind, between numerous classes of Skills. In your Main Menus, you can develop armor, and see the extensive details that the game gave, in the description and background of almost everything in the game, and in the Meditation Menu, you can do more actions, like alchemy to create potions.

In sum, these game have a gameplay that just blends fast action and strategy in the right dose, with great and realistic graphics, audio and a well developed story - more than recommended to the ones who like a serious RPG. My score: 9,0 / 10,0 .
  5. Apr 17, 2012
    Having played this originally on the pc i did wonder how the xbox version would hold up and for a system almost seven years old it does a more than admirable job. The graphics for the xbox are some of the best. Yes there a slight glitches but they're few and don't detract enough from what is a great gaming experience. The story is rich and involving as are the characters and the world they inhabit. The mature nature implied with the content is also welcome as alot of developers (bioware im looking at you) have a tendancie to play it safe. The difficulty like the pc version can be quite brutal, but once you realise that you have to plan and make provisions for every battle and use potions and the salves available it makes the combat even more interesting and rewarding. All round not only just a great Rpg but a great example of story telling and consequence in gaming. Recommended. Expand
  6. Apr 17, 2012
    I'm out of words. CDR pushed xbox to its limit ! You will not find better looking game on x360, story? excellent, gameplay? pure fun. I'm not a fan of rpgs, but this is just pure joy.
  7. Apr 17, 2012
    I find it ridiculous that every single person giving this game a zero are jumping on the same damn b.s as everyone else, saying that they are the developer/publisher leaving the reviews, simply because they only reviewed the Witcher 2 on pc, 360, or both. One - this game is more than worth the nines and tens being given. Two - who is to say that they didn't play one or the other, and simply wanted to contribute to the score now that the game is in the spotlight again? Anyway, to you people - stop being damn hypocrites. Don't, based on your suspicions alone, claim that the game is given biased, upped reviews from someone in on the game, then turn around and give the game a zero because of it. It's not you "evening the playing field". It's hypocrisy.

Anyway, long story short, this game is a masterfully crafted, well written piece of gaming goodness. The 360 version, despite some technical shortfalls, is just as impressive as it was on pc. Anyone interested in a tactical, mature themed, action rpg with stellar writing and a great sense of atmosphere, you won't find a better title, on console or otherwise. Highly recommended.
  8. Apr 17, 2012
    Nothing less than what the new standard for RPG's should follow. Addicting combat, gorgeous environments, and characters that you will actually care about. It goes to show you how far time and dedication as a developer can go. The only thing you will feel left wanting is The Witcher 3.
  9. Apr 17, 2012
    The game is really good it has come far. For a first xbox360 release i think CDProjekt Red done an amazing job. I hope you enjoy the game as much as i did!!!
  10. Apr 17, 2012
    One of the best games I've ever played graphically on the 360. story wise. and value for money. everyone that's an adult should enjoy this game best RPG game on the 360.
  11. Apr 17, 2012
    Truly fantastic game. It's a shame that some people are so unfair to post "0" without any serious reason. The Witcher 2 is a feast for the eyes and for the brain. Fights are more difficult than in the first part, for the first time in ages I had to think before the battle what strategy to use. Brilliant! Everyone who don't like to fight can use "easy" and feel the wonderful world of the Witcher. Buy it it's worth it. Expand
  12. Apr 24, 2012
    Best game ever.Great Storyline,characters and world.The graphics are very beautiful !Ofc it doesn't look quite as good as the PC version but still a very respectable port.
  13. Apr 17, 2012
    I think it's funny that people rate the game openly based on what they think a publisher is asking someone to do, not on what a developer has developed. A pity for such a wonderful game :)

I'm just a fanboy, not an employee. Don't punish CDPR because you think someone at WB is being d1ck.
  14. Apr 21, 2012
    The Witcher 2 is a very impressive and detailed RPG. They clearly took their time converting it from the PC to the Xbox360. It controls very well and the world and story is very detailed. The game is also very unforgiving and doesn't hold your hand. Don't take that as a negative but as a positive. I feel these days many RPGs let you carve through everything with little challenge. The Witcher provides a challenge and makes you prepare beforehand for battles. My only criticism is that the mini map is occasionally hard to follow and the world is detailed to the point where the story can be a bit confusing. But overall the game has a fantastic story, great combat, and Geralt is the ultimate bad ass! Expand
  15. Apr 17, 2012
    Fantastic game!! I can't stop play.......Graphic, battle, spells, fireball, everything is amazing!! A lot of jokes in the story i love it! i back to play!!
  16. Apr 17, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Excelent game, beautiful graphics, superb story, a must play computer game Expand
  17. Apr 17, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am one of the lucky ones. Even though I had pre-ordered and paid off the Dark Edition, I applied and was chosen as a reviewer. I received my review copy from CD Projekt Red on Mon. the 16th. I ripped open the packaging with all the excitement of a kid on Christmas day. I received the full game, a thank you letter and access to a special ftp site to use in my review. I even took the time to install the game to my hard drive. So by the time I was ready to play, my excitement level was through the roof. Of course I was promptly disappointed. After an amazing new intro scene I was thrust into a tutorial mission. This mission would have been fun if not for the constant, irritating and poorly timed tutorial pop ups. Often times describing the play and controls in a less than optimal fashion. This ended in an ever more typical arena fight that decided the recommended difficulty for the game. Of course I did poorly and it was recommended that I play on easy. Of course I chose to play on normal and went forth to delve into the actual story of the game. Within five minutes I had a better grasp on the controls than the tutorial gave me. Within another 5 minutes I was hooked. While the movement and camera work is a little on the sloppy side, the game as a whole is incredible. The graphics are better than most and honestly at times downright beautiful. The story is deep and immersive. Though at times you might feel a little lost if you didn't play the first game. Especially when you run into characters from the first game who reference things from it. It also doesn't do a great job explaining your memory loss issues that persist from the beginning of the first game. All of these things are minor gripes. There are control issues and glitches as with many other modern games, but nothing game breaking. Nothing even close to the issues from Skyrim. Every issue I have with the game can easily be patched out. Can we get an adjustable camera speed please? Even as it is I love this game. As I'm writing this I can't stop thinking about when I can get back into it. I want to learn more about the characters and story. I want to flesh out the world. I want to milk all the juicy goodness from this game. MMMmmm delicious. One of the more odd things I've found is that I can't stop walking. For those of you that may not understand. In games like this you walk faster and then begin to run the more you tilt the analogue stick. I just can't get myself to run. As I walk I feel like a traveler in this world. I want to walk at a normal human pace for multiple reasons. I want to enjoy the beauty of the scenery. I want to hunt for herbs and ingredients. I don't want to run into a group of bandits I didn't see coming. I'd rather get the jump on them. The Witcher 2 just makes me feel like I'm Geralt of Rivia and I love it. All the decisions I make feel real with legitimate repercussions. Not just pointless filler that pretends to have an affect. I am shaping my world and my story as I play. All of these things add up to one wonderful game. Oh and to prove my point, I went in this morning and picked up my pre-ordered Dark Edition. If you have any interest in this game and have managed to get to this point in my wall of text, just get it. You won't regret it. Thanks for reading. Expand
  18. Apr 17, 2012
    The three losers giving this game a 0 because you somehow think that CD Projekt is putting the high reviews...you are pathetic and delusional. Didn't you think that maybe it's PC gamers who love this company so much that they're coming back to review the 360 version now? Unless you've been living under a rock you should know how much PC gamers respect this company and many of them have made accounts just to show support. Go to any game and you will see fans who only reviewed that one game to show the developer they care about support. I hope your reviews are deleted. Obvious trolls. Anywho, played this on PC and amazing game. Highly recommended 360 gamers. Expand
  19. Apr 17, 2012
    You people that keep giving the game a 0 and writing about how you think employees or people getting paid are giving the game a 10, ARE EVEN WORSE then the people doing that if that's even true. your giving a brilliant game a 0 even though you haven't completed it, haven't left a review for it and probably haven't even played it. you people should be banned from this website. its obvious from looking at critic scores or just talking to people that have played the game there opinion. that these so called "fake" reviewers scores of 10 aren't far off from what the game actually is. like i said the only disgrace is you idiots giving a game a 0 without a review. Expand
  20. Apr 17, 2012
    Intruiging story, politics, women, hard choices, amazing graphics, awesome protagonist. I could go on and on and on. But I won't. Instead, I'm just gonna play this awesome game. And if you like one or more of the above: so should you.
  21. Apr 17, 2012
    The best game I have ever played. Unbelivible good story told in very mature way. I cannot belive that it looks so good on my console. Great job CDProjekt Red!
  22. Apr 17, 2012
    I remember when I play the PC version of The Witcher, I love the game, after when I hear about a version of Xbox 360 I´m feeling happy. This version is excellent, have some mistakes. The gameplay is excellent, awesome, the controls, the graphics, all. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings- Enchanced Edition (large name), is awesome.
  23. Apr 17, 2012
    This has got to be one of the best RPG's out there. Not only is this enhanced version an amazing gam, CDprojekt RED is a developer many companies and other developers could learn from. Their continuous support is truly amazing. If you're only slightly interested in RPG's, fantasy worlds, politics and much, much more, you should definitely give this game a try!
  24. Apr 17, 2012
    Im in love!! They took everything from witcher 1 and just made it better! and no im not getting payed to give this review even though it's my first review, I just loved it so much I figured to contribute to the review..and so what if the other people are real reviews or not. What does that do to change your life, and make you so angry? If something like this gets you so angry, then kid you might not make the next 10 years. Expand
  25. Apr 17, 2012
    Best 360 rpg by far. Choices matter in this game unlike Mass Effect. Great graphic, story and game play makes this a masterpiece. It was also the best rpg on the PC. It is very re-playable because the paths are largely different.
  26. Apr 17, 2012
    Simply put, a brilliant game. One of the best RPG's i ever played and the most beautiful one. The graphics are amazing, the gameplay is pure fun and the story line which drives you forward is really well made.
    It has some flaws of course, as do all games out there, but seeing the "0" scores from some people is just ridiculous. They claim that CDPR staff are coming here rating their own
    game, so they can justify their low scores, cause in the two negative posts so far i haven't read an explanation as to what drove them to rate with a "0".
    Review the game with how much you like it and how it plays, not just because of the ghosts you see around you. Childish behaviours.
  27. Apr 21, 2012
    Great game. Real, tough, mature decisions. It's not like "Elves are good, so helping them makes you a good boy". Everyone has his reasons and motives to do as he does, so you don't choose between good and bad. You simply decide who you identify with and who has convinced you to him. You won't find this kind of plot in any other game (except for original Witcher). I guess I don't have to write anything about replayability, but I'll write anyway - because of all this choices you get totally different quest, so there is a reason to play game again. Music is marvelous, graphics makes Xbox keep sweating. What else..? Oh, fight is quite challenging but not frustating. The only things I consider the disadvantages are equipment and map - equipment is divided in too many categories (about 20) and the map is really confusing. Expand
  28. Apr 18, 2012
    One of the most beautiful, well crafted, and epic RPG games of this generation. I'm happy Witcher 2 was brought to the Xbox 360 so new gamers can be introduced into the series like me without a high end PC. Witcher 2 looks stunning on Xbox 360 with an extremely stable frame rate, the only issue ive seen with Witcher is some texture pop in. This game is an essential to add to your collection if you are remotely interested in RPGs, The combat is fresh and actually makes you be tactical and think about what your doing, such as placing traps before a battle, putting enhancements on your blades or rolling out of the way of enemy attacks. Plus the game comes with a free copy of the soundtrack, a full color detailed map, and a quest handbook all included with the game free. Expand
  29. Apr 17, 2012
    Perhaps the first "Mature" rated game I've ever played to deserve the rating. While it is far from perfect (I'm looking at you, archaic menu system/Stilted combat), it is perhaps singlehandedly restoring my faith in Video Games as a medium in which a developer can approach adult subject matter with nuance. When making choices in this game, I've been amazed as the gray area one can tread in. Gone are the diametrically opposed (and cartoonish) "good" vs "evil" choices of other RPG's (Mass Effect, Star Wars: The Old Republic). In their place lay decisions that carry great gravitas and perhaps more importantly, have motivations with which you can identify. In too many games, I feel as though I'm making an arbitrary decision between being an unrealistic portrayal of "good" vs "evil", hamfistedly engaging in acts that beat my character into one of two dichotomous roles. Not so here at all. If combat was a little smoother and the game had a slightly lower barrier for entry (be prepared to learn some lore, if you didn't check out the first title) it would be getting a well deserved 10, as it stands currently, 9 all the way. Expand
  30. Apr 26, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiifwe[iokjgo[cwko0] 3eoyplvc3,e5yp0i0v.,4i5yv 49piyk4v9 [jm vo[jiye4vogj eopigj evg 9jevpyjv9 gre]vuj9 [e 9vhjg erujv ew5=
    5-hyvi3-
    e ehi0vk30h]5ik0 -]htv30 ihj
    ]346

1. Jul 13, 2012
    Witcher 2 is a throwback in a lot of ways to old PC games, which certainly appeals to me. The delivery method is modern, no doubt, but the fact there's a lot of poking and prodding (and death) that happens even early on has me anxious for another instalment.
  2. Jun 26, 2012
    The high bar of visuals is followed by a good score, and descent acting, some of the spell and combat audio has a edge to it that sounds lower quality then the rest of the audio landscape.
  3. Jun 17, 2012
    The Xbox 360 port is an impressive technical accomplishment that brings a classic PC RPG experience to a new audience. The transition is not flawless, but those who stick with it will be rewarded with an intriguing and entertaining experience.