8.4

1. Apr 1, 2014
    this is my opinion, doesn't necessarily mean its true but here's what i experienced. Pros: -Great visuals with nice textures. - good voice acting. - choices that really matter. - robust gameplay, that is tactical and requires skill. - good characters, and a good story. Cons: - Story is hard to follow. - background noises in towns are repetitive. - clunky menus, can actually make you want to quit playing.
    - Semi open world not fully like far cry or skyrim, which is what i prefer.
    - movement feels weird both in combat and out.
    - pacing issues.
    - no sense of impact when using swordplay.
    - some city areas have too much shadows and its a bit hard to see at times.
  2. Mar 2, 2014
    This is a good game, but too much holds it back from being a really great game. The game has some really pretty graphics for the most part. My only complaint is that during the cutscenes the characters can often times seem a bit stiff in the face, which takes away from the immersion. The other problem with the graphics being as good as they are is that the xbox seems to struggle with it a lot when it comes to the cutscenes. Many textures pop in, which reminds me a lot of the first Mass Effect game. Also, several of the cutscenes and story transitions pause to load, which to me was a huge drawback as far as immersion goes and really makes some of the story drag on, especially at the end of the second act.
    As a side note to something that takes away from the immersion of the game, IMO, the audio is downright awful at times. The audio can be all over the place from time to time, from loud to soft to loud. Also, at times it sounds like the actors/actresses were being recorded on subpar equipment with a level of static in the background. I just found this so distracting when I really was getting into the story and cutscenes.
    As far as the story goes, it is somewhat convoluted at times and can get a little confusing, but overall you get a sense that there is a depth to it that many games don't attempt to convey and they instead keep things shallow and simple. I would say that just as The Last Of Us has some very mature themes, this game holds that type of maturity, not withstanding the **** and cursing. I also really enjoyed the tough choices that didn't have an easy "good" or "evil" slant to them, as well as the game having some large story shifts depending on the choices you make.
    Ultimately, for me the gameplay is where this game has it's many flaws as well as triumphs, which makes it a really good game but also a very frustrating one at the same time. As said by many, the beginning is downright infuriating. I will not say it's impossible like some say, but I also can't say that it's just hard and takes skill to get through. Instead, it feels like you were thrown into the deep end without being told how to do almost anything. The small tutorial throws so many things at you at once that I had a hard time remembering what controlled what. That wouldn't have been a problem if the game had allowed me to slowly get use to all the things Geralt can do, but instead, I quickly found myself surrounded by foes, getting slaughtered several times before realizing that the dodge move would be my greatest ally for the first quarter of the game. It really made the first part of the game a huge chore to get through, and instead of allowing me to fall in love with the game's story and gameplay, I became increasingly frustrated. I actually stopped playing the game after the prologue and didn't plan on continuing. But as RPG's go, the setting was one of my favorites, so I picked it up again after about a day, and once I got past the prologue that's when I found myself enjoying it more.
    Some other smaller and yet frustrating things is the annoying cap on Geralt's weight limit coupled with the very involved and often complicated potion making system, making me want to carry as many ingredients with me as I can but not being able to. Also, I liked the alchemy system a lot and the various things he could make was really interesting and could have been fun, but the user interface it's wrapped up in is really complicated and in my opinion annoying too. For me, I actually had a lot of fun with the combat once I got past the frustrating beginning. Yes, the lock on mechanics are pretty awful, the parry and countering system isn't consistent, potion making and taking not being allowed in combat is just weird, traps and knife throwing is too slow and odd, and his magic signs not packing as big of a punch as I hoped for is unfortunate, but I got a lot of satisfaction from hitting monsters and humans alike with the swords. It just felt like I was a slaughtering machine and I liked that. As others said, the map isn't that helpful, and the quest markers are pretty awful. I know I spent a few more hours in the game because I didn't know where the hell I was suppose to go sometimes.
    Lastly, to me the game does get repetitive around the middle of the second act when you realize that each act is the same as far as overall gameplay goes. Your "hub" is a town, and then you can "explore" a little bit outside of the town, but that's about it. At least half the game has you running around these towns looking for people to speak to, and all you do outside of towns is find things, people, or monsters and then come back to the town to progress the story.
    Overall, I loved the setting and the atmosphere of the game and had fun playing it. I will never understand 10s or 0s on Metacritic. This gets a 7.5 for me. Wishing TW3 fixes these things and makes the best RPG to date. Thanks for the read!
  3. Feb 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a warning to anyone that may be on the fence about buying this game. ITs not as good as the reviewers are making it out to be. The story is very confusing ( I guess playing the first would help, but then I guess they should have released the first one too). The combat is a terrible mess and it will cause you to die a lot. I don't mind dying( I am a big fan of Dark Souls), but this combat system seems broken. The menus are also some of the worst I have ever seen in a game. I didn't know how half of the things worked. And the "mature" content that everyone is talking about seems pretty damn juvenile to me. I mean, is **** and asses on the **** screen what goes for mature story telling nowadays? I would certainly hope not.

I mean, was the constant nudity really necessary? It just seemed like the same **** "shock" techniques that Rockstar uses to make their **** games seem good. Its just a ploy to get low-minded people interested in or sorry game. "Hey look, this game as T&A in it! Its so **** mature, we are really acting like adults by playing this!" It really goes to show how stupid people have really become. A game need only to have a complex story and interesting character to be mature, not bloody T&A!

Oh, and one more thing, the quest layout is broken. I lost all my progress, when I went to a boss fight, and lost because I hadn't got some stupid trap. Why the **** couldn't they just tell me to get the trap first. I mean, Skyrim tells you the order things need top be done in. And I am not talking about holding my hand( like I said, I am a fan of Dark Souls), but don't stab me in the damn back either.

Well, that's all I got to say. I raged quit soon after losing to that boss and haven't played since. If my words haven't detoured you, at least rent first. It will make taking it back a lot easier. =/
  4. Jan 16, 2014
    This game is the best RPG storytelling in gaming history. It can be quite difficult also. The decision making is tangible and the combat although a little slow is dynamic and fun. What I really want to emphasize here is the visuals and the storyline. This game is like a great book, the main character Geralt feels like an ancient warrior who the player must slowly immerse into a changing world. It is rewarding, the dialogue is interesting and the game, although very very large, does not feel repetitive. This is my favorite RPG of all time and I would recommend it to the Pope. Expand
  5. Jan 2, 2014
    TERRIBLE CONTROLS, REPETITIVE COMBAT...

...Many people are suggesting that the Witcher offers subtle, layered gameplay that's complex, tactical and realistic. In reality the controls are infuriating and unpredictable. You will spend most of your time rolling around in elaborate semi-circles on the ground like some drug-crazed loon with a big sword strapped to your back. If you want a
    game that simulates epileptic fits then the Witcher may be for you. The lock-on mechanic will get you killed the Witcher cannot strafe, he cannot side-step a foe. He does roll though, and that's about it. Anyone who's used to the fluid, natural sword-play of a Zelda game or even Prince of Persia will be left reeling and yes, I know those games are easier but they play well and that's the point.

There is real ambition in the story-telling and the cut-scenes dramatic talking heads that easily rival Mass Effect but the play is in the controls and they are distinctly rubbish. Save your money, the Witcher 2 is a huge disappointment.
  6. Dec 30, 2013
    Great story, solid gameplay, and appreciated mature themes. This is the type of game those of us who grew up playing Nintendo and Sega console games have been waiting for. Movie-quality story, adult themes, occasional nudity, bloody and gore. It's as good as your favorite action-adventure movie. Fantastic voice acting, characters you grow to care about, and terrific pacing. The menu system can be clunky at times, but for an overall gaming experience, this one is hard to beat. Without question, belongs in the same tier of action RPG games as the KOTOR franchise, Mass Effect, and Fallout 3. CD Projekt Red has created a gaming experience. Anxiously awaiting the third in the trilogy. Expand
  7. Dec 27, 2013
    What a waste of money! I've never wanted to throw a game in the garbage before! Luckily I only paid $30. But that is still way too much money for this piece of crap! I gave it a 1 for the sole reason that it actually booted up!
  8. Dec 10, 2013
    This game is outstanding. Coming from the Baldur's Gate and Fallout background, I absolutely love the proper RPG feel in Witcher 2. The story feels real and engaging. Dialogues are amazing. Game mechanics are pleasant. The world is alive, and there's a freedom of choice. Yet, there are few things I didn't like. The story feels too political at times; and it's rather linear. I wish there was more freedom in the Witcher world.

Conversations sometimes become too long and too deep. I love a good dialogue in Witcher it feels like reading George Martin book but I often caught myself tired of following all the intricacies of the conversation.

Some things stroke me as unrealistic. You can freely pick up stuff from people's houses. Of course it makes things easier... but perhaps too easy?

While the fight dynamics are pretty satisfying, I do wish there was more combos. And the fact that you can't restore health in a fight is really annoying at times. On the other hand, it certainly makes for unique strategy in this game.
  9. Dec 5, 2013
    Great game just not long enough. Loved the story and characters. More of the same please only bigger. And why only release it on nxt gen.? As long as it lives up to the last one I'll forgive you.
  10. Nov 24, 2013
    I give this game a 5 mainly because its not as good as the hype, plus not to mention people compared this game godlike to that of skyrim which made me feel like buying it more. I bought this used at gamestop with a $20 off coupon so i paid $7 for it so it was definitely worth that price.

Don't get me wrong the story of this game is a great one, and you don't need to play the first one
    to understand the story. Though this game is more story than gameplay to where I find myself often bored and rushing some of the pointless dialogue. It feels more like you're watching an epic medieval movie where you get a few free moments to live it.

The graphics are great and the textures are sharp with amazing contrast to the colors. Very vibrant foliage while out questing that is pleasing to the eye.

The towns on this game look very disappointing. They look like a giant just ate a village and crapped them out calling it a town. Very difficult to navigate through and ugly to they eye.

Combat in this game is a plus because its very creative and I love the direction the combat system is moving for this game; however, with this game being more story and dialogue you hardly get to enjoy questing and fighting baddies in this installment of a game.

You can craft armor in the game which kind of makes me think of a watered down version of monster hunters armor crafting.

The side quests get a little on the repetitive side and you spend alot more time in dialogue of your quest than actually questing.

The bad guys in the game get old after a while because it seems most of them fight the same way.

I will say that in dialogue it stays true to modern RPG's where you can decide what happens in the game rather than it forcing you to do something.

I'm the kind of guy where I work many hours at my job so when i get home and have caught up with dinner and more I have about 2-3 hours of gaming left before its time to pass out, so this game wasn't truly for me and reason is because 2 1/2 of those hours I spent gaming were more sex scenes and dialogue than actual gameplay.

The maps aren't very open more so limiting, yet still looks great and the game itself can be beaten quick. The game plays more like if you took Fable and mixed it with dragon age origins, and hours upon hours of dialogue with a better story yet improving the combat features.

This game plays well on a day where you're hungover and don't want to focus on gaming yet giving yourself a movie experience.

If you love nudity and softcore sex scenes in games over actual gameplay then this a game for you.
    If you want to be a gaming hipster/elitist and say you play something thats not a popular skyrim game then this is for you.

I just found myself unsatisfied after beating the game and was wishing there was more gameplay to it.
    I mean the game itself on xbox 360 was a 2 disc game, so i was expecting a game that would take me months to beat while being sucked in its vastness. So yeah I was let down alot.

I think the 3rd installment of this game will be alot better. It looks like they might be giving gameplay more of a spotlight this time.

If you have alot of time on your hands and love medieval themes with sex scenes and alot of story then this is for you, but if you love to be more interactive with your game then I would say hold off till the 3rd one and play games like Skyrim, Dark souls and Monster hunter.

Still a shame that with a good combat system you don't get to truly enjoy its potential.
  11. Nov 14, 2013
    Disappointment sums it up... Playing the Witcher 2 feels like a chore; it's not enjoyable but more of a bore. It features very linear gameplay, and is not the open world thriller it's been marketed as. Instead of a vastly open map you navigate through a spider web of trails divided into small regions which are susceptible to load-outs when boarder hoping. Combat controls need to be executed precisely and will take hours to master. The game often leaves you in combat situations that seem impossible thanks to the stubborn controls and complexity of motions required. The sad part is I want to like this game so much, I put it back in my xbox once a month only to remember that its sucks. And whats even sadder is, I'm decently hyped for the Witcher 3, as if it will be any different. Expand
  12. Oct 19, 2013
    The Wither is my favorite franchise. The game hasa an adult plot, interesting characters and outstanding graphics. I can not wait to see The Witcher 3.
  13. Oct 1, 2013
    Although i started playing this game with a lot of enthusiasm it really didn't deliver the experience i thought it would give.

Lot's of cut-scenes, loads upon loads of dialogue, a good share of technical issues, a horrible in game menu, a frustrating map system, all wrapped up in a very boring and uninteresting story to say the least...

Don't buy this game, it's a waste of both your
    money and your time. Expand
  14. Aug 31, 2013
    The story and characters really tie together well and make for an interesting and purposeful gaming experience. The decision-making elements in the game are subtle and dialogue choices significant, meaning you really have to be sure of what you are saying and doing. Any lack of conviction meaning you may have to try a lot harder for the outcome you desire, fail at a quest or even end up on the wrong side of your friends sword. Attention to detail and design is impressive and further adds to the feel of a living world within the game. If you’re prepared to put in the time and effort The Witcher 2 really is a game you can’t miss. Expand
  15. Aug 29, 2013
    Quick, re-review. Great game, but takes some getting into and hard work to get to the nitty gritty goodness. Buy it and follow my advice to enjoy it the most - 1) When answering questions in the Dungeon about what happened do it in order, from top to bottom. Otherwise you play out the prologue in an order which makes no sense and throws you for the rest of the game. 2) You get the choice of two paths, without doubt one is far more interesting than the other IMO so create a save before you make this choice (it's towards the end of chapter one and *minor spoiler* it's when you choose between an elf or a King's bodyguard), and don't be afraid to restart from that save if you find the path you chose boring.

3) If you get to the end of Chapter 1 and things aren't making sense, quit, take a breather for a few days/weeks, and start the game again understanding all the terminology/people/events goes a long way to making the game enjoyable.
  16. Aug 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I want to make this clear: I am not writing this review to troll or to be unique or edgy (since this is considered an amazing game). This is truly my opinion, and my opinion is that this is an over-rated game in every regard.

The combat is boring, and it mostly just resorts to button mashing. There are no reasons to use your silver sword, as both your weapons deal pretty much the same damage even to monsters. There are also massive difficulty spikes that are simply unfair and punishing.

I do not understand why the story has gotten so much praise. It pretty much just boils down to trying to find a guy that kills kings, while also trying to save your kidnapped girlfriend. In between, you have sex a lot. Some NPCs are put into the game for the soul purpose of providing a sex scene.

There is one scene in the game where you fall into a tomb with Triss, your girlfriend. You say that she needs a bath, and proceed to have a 5 minute long sex scene. Also, why do you have so much sex with other women when you always proclaim that you love Triss and will stop at nothing to get her back?

Also, why am I supposed to care if King Foltest is assassinated? I've been with that character for 20 minutes for the prologue, and then he dies. He was the motivation for chasing down the kingslayer, but I have absolutely no emotional attachment to him. It's hard to care about a story when you're unattached to what's going on in said story.

There are some moments of greatness in this game in which the game shows that it could actually start ramping up, perhaps becoming exciting. The prologue for instance was one of the best levels in any game I've seen. It's too bad that that level was squandered because the rest of the game is so boring and offers little in the way of rewards.

In conclusion, I believe that this game might be among the most overrated games of our generation. I simply don't get it. I don't understand how this game has garnered critical acclaim, but I respect that people enjoy it. This game is just not for me perhaps.
  17. Jul 5, 2013
    the witcher 2 is a amazing RPG. the graphics are amazing, sometimes even jaw dropping. the scenery and environments are absolutely beautiful. the environments are gorgeous. I could not stop staring at some of the scenery in this game. combat is difficult which forces you to use strategy and tactics. though the game could use some improvements, overall the witcher 2 is a amazing game.
  18. Jul 4, 2013
    Con The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings sono a metà dell'atto 2 ma non lo porterò a termine a causa dei troppi difetti che gli trovo giocandoci. La storia non particolarmente coinvolgente o emozionante e non riesce a spiccare come invece si vede nei giochi di ruolo giapponesi ben più articolati e complessi; le fastidiose e troppo frequenti scene di sesso gratuito rovinano l'evolversi delle vicende ridicolizzando la sceneggiatura che già di per se appena sufficiente; le espressioni facciali sono inesistenti e la personalità dei personaggi lascia a desiderare; il doppiaggio buono ma non raggiunge i livelli visti in Red Dead Redemption o L.A. Noire; il gameplay un ibrido tra strategia ed azione che a tratti risulta mal riuscito, specie nelle situazioni in cui ci si trova combattere con degli alleati; la quasi totale mancanza di boss battle non attribuisce al gioco quel livello di sfida visto ad esempio in Dark Souls; la gestione del personaggio tallonata dal limite di livello imposto ad un massimo di 35; la mappa confusionaria e poco dettagliata; spesso si obbligati a scartare oggetti perchè non si ha la possibilità di venderli non avendo un negoziante nei paraggi; per creare equipaggiamento/oggetti bisogna recarsi da un fabbro anzichè far da se, ecc ecc… Insomma una produzione con molte buone idee ma decisamente mal sviluppate. Il gioco sarebbe potuto essere un buon rpg se solo fosse stato curato un pò meglio. Per quanto mi riguarda raggiunge appena il 7, non completato e riposto nello scaffale. Expand
  19. Jun 9, 2013
    If you start playing, you will want more!
    The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is a great game with a great storyline, great voice acting and a beautifull world created by Andrzej Sapkowski. Truly, this is the best game I have ever played and I can't wait for The Witcher 3!
  20. May 14, 2013
    Fantastic game. One of the best RPG experiences iv ever had. If your looking for something deep, mature, and engrossing, this is a must. Great storytelling, great characters, great combat with some tactical parts to it, great world. 10/10 from me.
  21. May 13, 2013
    Simply amazing game. Combines depth of its predecessor with greatly improved combat and character development systems. The only shortcomings are occasional bugs and the length of the game it's much shorter than the first installment (hence the 9, not 10). Best console RPG since Dragon Age: Origins.
  22. May 5, 2013
    This is one of my favorite games. I love the story and the characters. It was easy to figure out the game play and leveling up the character was good too.
  23. Apr 30, 2013
    One of the worst games I have every played There is nothing really good about this game apart from somewhat interesting characters and some sex scenes. But there is a tone of bad things about this game. The map is terrible and confusing to follow selling items at the shop is you will sell like 50 items and get about 1 or 2 money out of it, the combat is bad rolling and blocking sucks as it takes about 5 secs and buy the time you have done that the enemies have hit you, there is no variety in weapons just two swords no bows,hammers,staffs ect....
    The world is crap,no fast travel you have to climb up and down rock and there is no exploring just a one path world. The story is boring and the side quests are and there are a fear few bugs plus the graphics are not that good and bad to look at.

Overall this game is and boring and one of the worst games I have every seen and played.
  24. Apr 28, 2013
    This is a very adult RPG with a great story and incredible graphics. All of the dialogue is well written and the voice acting helps pull you in to the world that they have created. The swordplay is fun, it reminds me a little of the combat system in the assassins creed games. Magic is implemented well in this game and is not overpowered. All around this is one of the best RPGs that I've played, and I've played several. If you haven't played it yet you should give it a try. Expand
  25. Apr 27, 2013
    I was genuinely surprised that I did not like The Witcher 2, after hearing all the praise from both critics and friends. They praised the story, the gameplay, and the "deep" and "mature" writing. I failed to see any of this in-game.

My gripes with this game are mainly minors ones. For example, the animations. Everyone looks like they’ve got a rod down their spine, and they barely
    have any emotions at all. Geralt himself is a robot, responding with grunts and stiff nods. In fact, I found almost all the characters stale and uninteresting.

Secondly, the menu system. This game was not made for the consoles, period. The menus are crowded, messy, and hard to understand compared to other RPGs.

Thirdly, the combat. I found myself just mashing the "A" button until my opponent died, occasionally rolling away from attacks and waiting for my health to regenerate. I saw little purpose for using magic, and there was no need to.

Lastly, The Witcher 2 has a serious lack of customization and variety of its enemies and items.

Overall, The Witcher 2 has its shortcomings, mainly its menus, combat, and lack of customization. But it has its strong points too, like its story, even if it tries to be “mature.”
  26. Apr 15, 2013
    Amazing start but after the prologue the game goes down hill. More accurately it plumets off a cliff. The reason being, EVERY side quest is bugged or broken. A wonderful game just becomes tremendously frustrating. Your left wandering aimlessly for hours because there are no quest markers or the game won't register. Too bad.
  27. Apr 4, 2013
    Not a bad game, but massively overrated. I am glad I waited for the price to drop, because had I paid full price I might be a bid disappointed, but at the current pricing I think it is a fun weekend game. I just can't figure out where all the high scores and hype came from. Perhaps gamers were bewitched by the nudity, since it certainly can't be the underwhelming story, sub-par battle system, or the painfully linear environments. Still there is fun to be had, just not the amount I expected based on the hype. Expand
  28. Apr 1, 2013
    I am thouroughly enjoying the heck out of the Witcher 2. I haven't played the first installment, as I was told I didn't have to play it in order to play the second one. It appears RPG's are becoming better and better as times go on. With an incredible plotline, solid swordplay, sophisticated armor enhancing, attribute development, and crafting, this game packs alot of fun and wonder into the familiar medieval fantasy setting. Expand
  29. Mar 29, 2013
    Graphics where fantastic and the storyline was descent. The most frustrating part to this game was that it was way to hard on normal level. I played the game on easy level and it was to easy problem with this game is very simple easy level is pointless and normal level was way to hard. Also the fact that there where no map markers for the majority of quests made me have to continually check the game walkthrough which interrupted the fluency of the game. All in all I was disappointed with this game. Expand
  30. Mar 22, 2013
    The Witcher 2 took me a little bit of getting used to in order to fully dive in, but once the game had me I was hooked. Geralt is still rather stoic but has a lighter, comedic, edge to him this time around. The game looks beautiful and the combat is original and fun. The game just feels so different then any other action-rpg out there. A few minor things to keep the game from getting a perfect 10 would be the bugs. I had A LOT but nothing really gamebreaking, just occasional awkward camera pans during conversation and then enemies being on a set path where an invisible wall makes them retreat from attacking. The characters are great and the 2 different paths you can take definitely make this one worth a second play through. Expand
  31. Mar 18, 2013
    Drastically revamping my score but I don't feel bad about my original score because it simply took too much time and effort to get into this. And there are an amazing amount of small frustrations. It's wierd really, for a game of this quality.
  32. Feb 15, 2013
    I really don't understand all the high-scores here. The game is ok, I've played worse in my gaming experience, but this is it. I understand that "The Witcher 2" provides a deep and intriguing plot and a bunch of interesting characters you deal with during the game, but we have to remember that this is supposed to be a RPG, not a movie. And, as a RPG, it has more than one flaw. -1-. The game tries to trick you into believing it's "open world". It's not. You have to "unlock" more areas by progressing in the main quest and, while exploring an area, you are forced to follow predefined paths: the mighty witcher simply can't climb a two feet high cliff (unless the designers want you to do so) or pass through a bush. -2-. The stealth system is a joke. You have to manually turn off the lights by targeting them with the controller. 90% of the time spent in stealth mode you are standing still, trying to center the camera on the goddamn torchlights. -3-. The game warns you to drink potions BEFORE combat if you find them too hard. Too bad the witcher isn't also some kind of precog. Everytime you wander in the wild (well, everytime you follow the predefined path in the forest), and i mean EVERYTIME, be prepared to be ambushed by an army of angry monster-dudes popping from the ground to kick your low level ass. So, every game session consists in you going further, being killed, reloading a previous save, drink potions and fight the monsters AGAIN. The second time, of course, the fight is a piece of cake since you know exactly what's going to happen. This goes on and on, until you are high-level enough to have enough tricks to survive an ambush. At this point, potions are only good for boss fights. I don't mind a game being hard, but this is just ridiculous since at low levels this mechanic breaks the game flow and spoils any fun. -4-. Crafting system: another joke. Again, you might be the mighty witcher, but you can't craft a simple leather armor without visiting a dwarf and asking "Can you please craft this jacket for me?". You end up gathering an insane amount of crafting materials, most of them utterly useless, just to store them in an inn. Then you get a schematic for a good sword. You have to go back to the inn, check the materials, pick up what you need and only that or you'll be overcumbered, then go again to the dwarf, ask him to craft it, then you have your sword. Provided you didn't forget anything or you'll have to make all the trips again. -5-. Some quests are poorly designed, meaning that even reading your journal it's not clear what you have to do. I.e. in the first chapter you are asked to go to the inn to gather infos on the Kayran and the journal points you there. You end up talking to EVERY SINGLE person in that damn inn, just to find out you had to talk to YOUR FRIENDS about topics totally unrelated in order to trigger the Kayran to appear. Lol? -6-. Talking about sloppy designers work? You can rob a vendor's chest just in front of him and re-sell him HIS STUFF while he's smiling. You weren't allowed to do that in Oblivion and we're talking about a 2006 game (yeah, that's 7 years ago) -7-. Someone here praises the graphics. I assume you all have a different Xbox360 than mine, since the graphics are good, but not stunning on my machine. Everything in distance is blurred, and the facial expressions of characters are far from detailed like, i.e., Mass Effect.- 8-. Strong language, lol. Saying sometimes "c0cksuck3r" or "sh1t" doesn't make a fantasy game "mature", it makes it just ridiculous. Kids will surely enjoy that, but I'm 33 years old, I hear enough swearing IRL and i can say those words without having my mom scolding me. --There are more minor flaws, that I will not list here since I also want to say something good about "The Witcher 2". Don't get me wrong, this game is not terrible, as I said before I've played worse. But it's far from good, and for sure not "great" nor "gorgeous". It has its moments: if you're looking for a deep and well developed plot, you will sure enjoy this game. The story is really interesting and that's what will get you to complete the game, maybe 2-3 times to see the consequences of different choices. In this, "Assassins of Kings" is really good, even better than "Dragon Age: Origins". BUT, to get to it you'll have to go through hours of boring and slow gameplay, at least at low levels. To me, that was the fatal flaw: it's a game, it's supposed to be fun and most of the time it's not. If I'm looking for a deep plot just for the sake of entertainment, well, I have the first season of Game of Thrones on DVD. If you're looking for a good RPG, Skyrim and Oblivion are better. Kingdoms of Amalur is better. The Fallout series are better. Dragon Age: Origins is better. Mass Effect trilogy is better. I'll go as far as saying even Dragon Age 2 is better. To me it's a 6, no more. Expand
  33. Feb 12, 2013
    The Witcher 2 is a fantastic RPG. The combat system is a little awkward, but this awkwardness disapears after the prologue (which is my only real problem due to the fact the prologue seems to be the hardest point in the game). One your used to it, the combat system rarely is a problem. The leveling system is very simple, but gives the player enough customization without too much complexity. The story and writing is magnificent. And no, the story is not mature because there is tons of swearing and nudity. It is mature because it actually is mature. People saying its not actually mature just don't realise the people who swear like a dum 14 year old are supposed to be extremely stupid mercenaries. The game also throws lots of major story affecting choices that are the really good type of choice of "Every option to choose is bad, just in a different way" which games like Mass Effect 2 did sometimes and the lack of those kind of choices is what ruined games like the Fable series. The game has extremely bad scaling on its difficulty tho, early on the game is insane, while later on the game becomes pretty easy with random spikes. The graphics for console are pretty damn good, although if you don't install the game, the load times a bit annoying and the texture pop in is silly bad. These are both fixed when you install the game with load times of about 4 seconds and barely noticable pop in. There is also a strange fade to black when switching menus in the menu system, which seems to serve no purpose aside from a effect (its on PC as well, so it cant be due to slow loading) and simply slow down the menus. The loot system is both good and bad, its good you can just run through and loot 15 containers in 5 seconds, its bad you end up not seeing what you picked up and encumbering yourself. But in the end, this is a great game with a few minor flaws that I highly recommend. Expand
  34. Feb 1, 2013
    For an independent developer this is really a surprisingly good RPG. This is perhaps the only game I can put almost on par with Dragon Age. Graphically it is utterly gorgeous. Combat is fun, but also (relatively) realistic and not just a random button masher. The lore is also pretty engaging and it is nice that they finally release an RPG that is aimed at adults. It is told with an adult audience in mind (not just the mature content.) Perhaps my only real criticism is that it is over too soon. I wish it had been a bit longer as it really does a fantastic job of pulling you in and immersing you in the world. I'm not saying the game is short, it's not. I also really loved the fact that the choices you make really do have different outcomes and progress the game in an almost completely different direction. At one point it almost felt like 2 different stories. Overall a fantastic game and I really hope they continue with this series. Expand
  35. Jan 27, 2013
    Witcher 2 is a gorgeous game. Stunning visuals, amazingly versatile story and incredible characters that creates an immersive heaven. If you're a fan of RPG, you probably already know about this game and for a new comer to the genre get this for a great experience. CD Projekt really impressed me with this follow up to the original Witcher (PC) and did the books justice.
  36. Jan 22, 2013
    Phenomenal game with a wonderful story and top-notch voice acting. I can't recommend it enough....with one warning - it has some absurdly awkward & unnecessary CG nudity & sex. Thats the only reason I've deducted a point and if the game had been released without the ridiculous CG boob-jiggling doggy -style action it'd be an easy 10 out of 10.
  37. Jan 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. you guys do not know who criticize criticize so talk **** on this site who do not have good content so the game knows criticize without reason or a **** Expand
  38. Jan 16, 2013
    The Witcher 2 was the game I most waited for in 2012 and it has been revelead as the great deception of 2012. This game is hollow, boring combat system, characters with no charism, stupid levelling system (which it doesnt matter how much you fight, you'll only level up with quests). It was a really pain in the ass to finish this game and I got rid of it fast enough.
  39. Jan 15, 2013
    This game is a shame to programmers ! Yes, it has fantastic graphics, animations and story line. But they forgot the basics : YOU CANNOT RELEASE A GAME SO FULL OF BUGS.
    I finished the tutorial, prologue and little bit of the first chapter and already had 2 (!) crashes, 1 killing animation that was out of context (the background has changed, dead people lived etc.) and many small
    irritating UI bugs (jumping mouse, too insensitive mouse etc).
    I loved the first game and hoped the second one will also be so great but had a disappointment. The special effects and graphics cannot cover for the terrible bugs
  40. Dec 30, 2012
    This game is amazing. Plan and simple. I almost wrote it off after finishing the tutorial as the tutorial was obnoxious...it constantly interrupts you with extremely annoying prompts and while I understand and appreciate that those prompts are teaching the game mechanics, they're handled in such a poor, jarring way that I stopped playing about a week.

I picked it back up and I'm SO glad
    I did. Once the actual game starts, it's an absolute blast! Combat is so fluid and natural--and FUN. This game is amazingly deep and complex and that's highlighted by the fact that the inventory has like 18 screens on it. It's daunting at first but quickly makes sense and feels pretty natural.

The story is gripping and despite not having played the first game, I find myself completely sucked in and wanting to know what's going to happen next.

The graphics are gorgeous. The world feels alive and you can really tell all the time and care they put into crafting a believable world.

This game is what the Elder Scrolls series has attempted (and failed so hard, so many times) to be. I cannot wait to finish this game (only about halfway through chapter two at the moment) and see how it ends. I hope The Witcher 3 comes out simultaneously on Xbox!
  41. Dec 12, 2012
    This is easily the best RPG today. Period. It does almost everything right and offers a dense and immersive experience for at least 30-40 hours. I loved the mature dialogue style and the freedom of decision in the story line.
  42. Nov 21, 2012
    Overall i would say this was a polished rpg. The setting is brilliant as you would expect from a game based on a book series. The graphics are some of the best i have seen on an xbox. The characters are all believable, even down to the whores and soldiers. It is gritty and definitely not for kids. It has a unique potion system where you cannot take potions during a fight. This is no skyrim where you can drink 50 potions in a fight. You need to think tactical at all times. The choices you make in the game have consequences later on, even to the extent where the whole second chapter changes depending upon whose sid
    The game does have a few issues though. Considering this is the first game on 360, there is surprisingly little to explain the story at the start. Even the journal doesnt give many clues as to what is going on. This holds the game back from being a classic. However with that said, by the end i was totally engrossed in the storyline. Its not open world but it is one of the best rpg which doesn't fall into the trap of being a generic dungeons and dragons style adventure. A great achievement from Cd projekt which is just slightly marred by it throwing the player in at the deep end. Stick with it though, because it is good.
  43. Nov 14, 2012
    I am not gonna completely slam this game since it is obviously not for me. I am not a big RPG gamer and got bored with this game only a few hours in. At the same time how long do you have to play a game before deciding it isn't your thing? 2 hours? 10 hours? I don't know. I guess for RPG's you have to give it a little more leeway. I do not hate the game. It just isn't for me. If you are not an RPG fan or maybe something like Mass Effect is about as RPG as you wanna get than this game is not gonna be for you. I am sure there are people who love it and for those people this thing is probably a Godsend, especially on the RPG starved 360. I am more of an instant action gamer so I can pass this by without ever playing it again. Still, I don't think a bad score is something it deserves. I tried it and it isn't for me. Doesn't make it a bad game. Expand
  44. Oct 11, 2012
    This game is a mixed bag. I dont understand why it received so many 10's from critics. Theres a lot of things in the design of this game that hold it back, so regardless of anything else it does not deserve a perfect score. Heres some examples. The targeting system frequently goes out, and wont come back on unless you get really close to an enemy, so good luck free-throwing bombs or daggers. The game relies on a "pre-emptive" potion system. You cant take any buffs when a fight starts, so unless your a psychic your going to end up in fights without warning, and with no potions equipped. The game never auto saves unless you complete a mission, or start a battle, so what ends up happening (after a really long game over screen from the fight you werent prepared for in the first place) is you respawn at the very beginning of the battle, still cant use any potions, lose all progress even if you died 10 minutes into the battle, and in some cases you will have to re-assign your load out after each death cause for whatever reason the game didnt save that either (Happened twice to me). And you will die a lot. Difficulty spikes in this game are pretty extreme. Its not all bad, and the story kept me interested enough to finish the game. With that being said, this was the most frustrating game ive ever finished. I wanted to see the story through, and i like games where decisions have weight. So if you can accept some infuriating design flaws, there is some fun to be had. But this game is no perfect 10. Expand
  45. Oct 11, 2012
    I'll get it out of the way now: it looked amazing! The world was created in a very beautiful way but simultaneously in a way that made it feel real and dark. I was a little concerned with the story line from the beginning but it quickly picked up and became more engaging after escaping the prison with Roche. From a story standpoint I really like the direction they took it and the opening line of **** off" more then set the tone for whose shoes I would be filling and what can of a BAMF I would be. The main characters all seemed to have a immense depth and most of the side characters had rich stories. The lore is absolutely one of the strongpoints in the Witcher. The combat was really a huge shocker for me. After playing FPS, then moving to something like Skyrim, then Batman, I feel like man hands would adapt fair quickly to any control scheme. The button mapping seemed confusing and nonsensical during the early hours but after getting used to the challenge became the combat. I wouldn't go so far as to argue that the combat was difficult, but it did take some getting-used-to. It seemed like the combat would have been easier if I knew about the crafting or if that was stressed as the way to go about playing. Along with crafting I never touched throwing knives, traps, or bombs. There is an insane amount of random useless objects in this game and I felt like the loot was pretty useless. Killing people never really brought great loot and was only really an ends to a mean. That being said, getting into fights was sweet because it required that you actually think about the fighting and your position. The array of NPC species was really outstanding and I felt as if I was running into a species every 30 minutes or less and every couple of minutes I would see a character I had never seen before. They really did use a lot of unique resources and it helped a lot with immersion. Everything felt like it was done right and not rushed, and I appreciate that they did not try to make the world extremely huge and instead focused on making a small area really great. Overall the quality of this game is top notch through and through and is definitely something that I will jump back into later on down the road to try the completely different story path. Expand
  46. Oct 5, 2012
    This game is awful. Really, just awful. Pretty much everything that reviewers inexplicably cite as something good about the game is actually horribly done. For the 360 version, let's get started with the graphics. Of course they weren't going to be as good as the PC version, but this looks worse than games that came out five years ago. It's not an open world game like Skyrim, so it doesn't have the excuse of bigness. And believe me, it's not big. Definitely the most annoying part of the game, if not the worst, is the fact that you will spend a solid majority of your time running back and forth around the same, small areas of generic, small maps. This is largely due to the positively unhelpful overworld map you are given. It just straight up does not give you an accurate picture of what's up. But it's also because the level design is plain banal. The world made by CD Projekt is a pain to be in.

Besides this, the gameplay is crap. It's just not fun. It's like a half-assed version of Assassin's Creed or Dark Souls gameplay. It's overly simplistic, button mashing, and boring. That it's this weak and generic is puzzling considering that 'deep tactical gameplay' was often a praised, even when it's not present.

But the biggest sin performed by The Witcher 2 is it's stupid, stupid story. The writing and characters completely fail to pull you in, and the world they illustrate is too unoriginal to be called generic. The main plot follows Geralt, who is a stand-in for every greasy, pale loser who ever wished he could score, as he follows a trail of murders and political intrigue, somehow unable to convey any depth of either the main character or the events that surround him. It's not even close to "dark" or "mature". Really, nothing about the game is. I guess some people were too distracted by the blood and naked women to notice.
  47. Oct 4, 2012
    One of the best game worst every cent i've paid. Great story, great char develpment, great combat system and many more. Great games make u fully immense into it and feel for the character in the games. This game does it.
  48. Oct 1, 2012
    The Witcher 2 is great for many reasons. It's superb story line, engaging characters and it's combat that will punish you if you don't use the resources available for you. It has two very different story paths and your actions actually do make an effect on the game. The only negative thing I can say about this game is it's quest marker on the mini map which can sometimes be very misleading, sometimes sending you in the wrong direction. But this isn't that bad once you become familiar with the area. Expand
  49. Sep 28, 2012
    This game (and the original) took me by surprise. They had a lot of flaws (inventory management, slow loading, bizarre act IV in witcher I, not much replay value), almost all of which I forgive because I am in love with the games. They are on the list of my top 5 favorite games. 9/10 instead of 10/10 since I've spoken with enough people to know that this game doesn't do for everyone what it, for reasons I find hard to identify, did for me. If you liked this game, consider: The Witcher, Mass Effects, and Planescape Torment. Expand
  50. Sep 26, 2012
    The first Witcher game was merely alright, but the sequel has improved upon its predecessor in almost every single aspect. For instance, the production values now are through the roof. The UI is sleek, the graphical fidelity and art direction is astonishing, and the sound quality is overall very good indeed. Engaging in combat is a blast, even though it can be a wee bit unresponsive at times. Finally, there's the story, which is riveting from beginning to end. It may be somewhat difficult to comprehend at times, as there are a great lot of names to remember, but it's superb nonetheless. The player is forced to make truly difficult decisions throughout the journey too; decisions which aren't all black and white. If you only plough through the game once, it'll last you about 40 hours, but it has sufficient replay value, as the choices you make have huge impact on how the story unfolds. Overall, I can heartily recommend The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings to anyone looking for a great RPG experience. Expand
  51. Sep 19, 2012
    As a mature game which only applies to those who has grown really interested in RPG-games, The Witcher2: Assassins of Kings delivers a driving and thrilling adventure for the player.
  52. Sep 5, 2012
    I have the enhanced version for the xbox 360.Great story,acting and a challenging combat system where grinding for levels doesn't help you much.First play through the boss battles and the death screen can be pretty aggravating...The last chapter is pretty short but the story begs for another play through since there are at least 2 very different paths to travel from chapter 2 onward.The journal/crafting menu took a bit to get used to but holds a lot of detail.The game does make you work a bit to find good armor and weapons as well.The story has many twists and takes some time to to figure out other characters motives.All in all a great RPG that doesn't feel like another (a Fable 2,Oblivion knockoff),great story, great voice acting with very good graphics and music. Expand
  53. Aug 30, 2012
    this game may have a good story, plot, characters, gameplay, world, ect.... but it just doesnt keep me on edge i really want to like it but whenever i give it a chance it doesnt suck me in i have to force myself to play it i do not want to play it. which is wierd because this is the kind of game i love. but its still good
  54. Aug 26, 2012
    The Witcher 2 on the xbox 360 is a fantastic game with a few rough edges and flawed game mechanics that prevent it from achieving greatness. It is a compelling western RPG with a deep involving story, interesting characters and good combat mechanics. The Witcher 2 story is very politically driven with lots of characters vying for power and many Kingdom's well being being staked on your decisions. It is epic in scale and every important character got an interesting agenda and back story. I've never played the original Witcher and the story has left me confused a few times. It does not all add up until the very end, then it all just clicks and you understand the political drama that is unfolding. Still I did not need to play the original Witcher for everything to piece together so its okay to just jump straight into the second game.

The combat is challenging but ultimately every battle ends up feeling all too familiar. Throughout the whole game, I ended up rolling away from enemies, waiting for them to attack so I can counter when their defenses were down. Occasionally, I blocked and parry especially for shielded soldiers. It can be involving and deep and rewards patience. I'm sure different playstyles are reward depending on the skills you allocate points into. I was a swordsman so I relied primarily on rolling and attacking. I have a problem with the way potions works in this game. You can not use it during a fight, so everything must be drink before a big battle. This really diminishes the value of potions and rewards reloading before a major fight to buff Geralt up. This mechanic really takes away from the fun spontaneous nature of combat and rewards root memorization of when key fights will take place.

I have a few qualms with the Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2. First of the inventory and looting system is cumbersome and unintuitive. You can not loot individual items from a corpse, box or crate. This means you often must pick up all the items from a corpse or box and go into your inventory to drop worthless heavy junk. There is also a lack of a quickscroll button, so once your inventory fills up, you wil be force to scroll a large list of items to potentially find what you are searching for. The player cannot even sort the inventory by name or weight. Your items list will just be a random mess. The map and navigation system is also broken, many time leaving the player confused on where to go. The arrow on the minimap points in a general direction with no regards for terrain or obstacle. This often means if you'll following it, you'll be running into a dead end more often than not. The map does not name key locations and you can not even navigate around it. It has left me confused on more than one occasion.

Graphically the game is on par with a medium, lowish pc graphic setting. It still looks amazing, there is just lower resolution textures, more pop ins, less draw distant etc. Of course the most high end PC will end up blasting the Xbox 360 version out of the ballpark, but then again you would not be checking out a Xbox review if you had just a PC rig. This is for the poor blokes like me who has to settle for less.

Despite all its flaw, The Witcher 2 is still a fantastic game. Old school western RPG fans who enjoyed Baldur's Gate, Fallout, Planescape Torment etc. should feel right at home playing the Witcher 2. The Wicher 2 is best experience on a PC. Pick it up for the xbox if you do not have a PC capable of running it, otherwise stick to the PC version for optimum gameplay and graphical experience.
  55. Aug 17, 2012
    Ah yes, The Witcher 2. A game I had on my radar for so long. Looking for something to kill time with I decided to rent this game. Wow what a waste of time it was. Where to start? Having never played the first witcher I didn't really understand what was going on and you really aren't given much of an explanation about anything only that your witcher Geralt lost his memory. The main plot in the game aside from that is to find a kingslayer so you can clear your name. Now this isn't where I find my problems with the witcher 2. In fact the way the story, voice acting and character models and clothing are great. The problem I have is the boring gameplay. Combat system is sub par and just below mediocre. It's not fun. It may very well be one of the worst combat systems in a video game this gen. I found myself attacking walls randomly during combat even though I clearly have a marker on the enemies this stems from a beyond poor hit detection. It's really just mashing the A and X buttons. Magic is fine, but traps are absolutely worthless. These unfortunate circumstances add a level of difficulty to the game as well which some people may find a good thing, however I find it a problem with the game mechanics. Speaking of which I also thought my xbox controller was broke at times because even doing things like climbing up and climbing down rocks took a few extra taps of A to go down. Even in combat sometimes I would find myself getting killed because I couldn't draw my sword unless I kept pressing the left or right d-pad. Huh? My controller works fine with other games on the 360. Seems to be a problem with TW2. The menus in the game are a nightmare as well, an absolute mess. Right when I started the tutorial seeing the menu I was just overwhelmed. Not only is it a total disaster but I also found it to be laggy and slow and with the amount of options in each category, especially your items. It can become irritatingly frustrating. This is by far the most cluttered menu system EVER. On to the side-quests. What a joke. No explanation on how to complete quests? No markers on your mini map to tell you who to talk to or what to do? You have to figure things out by yourself? Not since aeons ago have I seen a game provide as little information as possible for you to complete your objective. I understand some people like to figure things out on their own but when you put something like this, in a game where there way too many people you could possibly talk to. It just gets out of hand and makes side-quests and even some main quests more frustrating and downright boring. It had gotten to the point where I stopped doing side-quests because I was not interested in pulling up an online guide anymore. I shouldn't have to do that if I don't want to. In addition to the level of frustration the areas are poorly designed. Every area feels like a maze. Towns and dungeons alike. IN this sense even a map does not help. I don't want to get into this much more. I know people love this game but this is just me stating my experience. This game was boring to me. The broke mechanics and in addition the cluttered menus, poor quest system became too much. Who cares if thats what a witcher does? I play games to have fun not to do extra work. This is a love or hate game apparently and I'm on the side that hate it. I'm giving it a 5 because I like the style and the voice acting. It loses points from me because of the broke mechanics and poor gameplay. I'm assuming the PC version is a lot better because this game just feels like a bad port or something. Expand
  56. Aug 5, 2012
    Mature, innovative, original and picturesque combining great combat with Hollywood-worthy story-telling.
    I've long been waiting for an RPG like this.
  57. Aug 4, 2012
    One of (if not the best) role-playing experiences on any console.

The storytelling is excellent and the character has meaningful choices and consequences (moreso than any recent RPG in memory). In fact, the entire 2nd half of the game is different based on a decision you make around the half-way point.

The controls take some getting used to, especially combat. However, I found it
    more in the vein of easy to learn difficult to master than poorly thought out or alien.

The M rating is well deserved, and the mature subjects are dropped in just to show TNA, rather are dispersed in all the right places at the right time as you advance the story.

The world is not open world, but there are many more exploration options, side quests, etc. than one typically finds in a Bioware game that is not open world.

I really enjoyed this game, and recommended it to a friend who returned it in 3 hours. I suspect this is a game with very little middle ground. According to the user score distribution, that holds up.

To me, this really felt like a mature Baldurs Gate done in 3D.

Graphics are very well done (textures, color palette, animations).
    Sound is good, but some of the dialog mixes were under mic'd.
    Controls for the most part become intuitive pretty quickly.

The arena is a great place to hone your skills as you consider playing through on Dark (hardcore) mode.

Support companies like CDProjektRed! We need more games like this.

I know I, for one, will be pre-ordering cyberpunk for xbox 360 as soon as humanly possible.

Well-done CDPR!
  58. Jul 17, 2012
    This game is one of the top 5 games I have ever played. I am 30 years old and have been gaming since i was five. I played on the PC when it first came out there. I have also played the Witcher 1 before it. I read some reviews saying it isn't like elder scrolls, its not an open world, blah blah. No, it is not. That is a good thing. While i absolutely love elder scrolls i think there are enough games like them that i welcome the change. While i don't know how it looks on the consoles i know that on my hi end PC it has spectacular graphics. The game play takes some skill to master, that may be why people complain, i honestly can't say. I have actually played the game 3 times through since its release on PC. I recommend the series to anyone and everyone! Expand
  59. Jul 15, 2012
    the greatest RPG ever made- maybe the greatest game ever made- if you are a gamer, or have ever had any interest in gaming you simply must experience this work of art- CD project are cemented their legacy with this wonderfull stunning masterpiece
  60. Jul 4, 2012
    Very poor game. I can only think there be people paid to write hundreds of good reviews- I don't understand why this game is highly rated.
    The combat- lousy. Hack, slash, roll, throw a magic spell- and the notion of 'preparing' for combat by drinking such and such potion when facing such and such foes doesn't work when those foes appear out of nowhere. The quest pointer system doesn't
    work- of the 23 hours I spent playing this lousy game half of that time was spent running around in circles. No NSEW compass indicator, etc. You cannot jump over things, so to get over that foot high rock means backtracking down the path and hunting for an area where you are allowed to jump or climb. As for the story- I didnt buy the game for a good story, I bought it for a good RPG experience- which it is not.
    This game will soon appear in bargain bins, and makes game ratings on the internet highly suspect, if a piece of crap like this can get so many good reviews. BTW- I loved Oblivion, fallout 3, fallout NV, skyrim (i prefer oblivion though) and was very disappointed with the Witcher 2.
  61. Jun 30, 2012
    Ultimately , a few technical blemishes prevent The Witcher 2 from achieving the greatness it truly deserves . But an excellent story , quality production values and an unparalleled sense of maturity rarely seen in gaming , let alone RPGs makes the Witcher 2 stand out from the rest of the pack .
  62. Jun 30, 2012
    Just too choreographed, nothing new, too restrictive you cant walk through a couple of shrubs, map very small, not enough options during dialogue, not enough fighting moves, very basic, very disappointed.
    Im giving it 1 out of 10, really its a 4, but we need to be realistic on the average user score here, some guys gave it 10, nothing is a ten they must be on glue!!!!
  63. Jun 20, 2012
    Saliva of the best transition for the Xbox from your PC! But we need an open map! And modify the development of character! And need to be on all devices in the near future! The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings best game 2012 on xbox 360 >>> :)
  64. Jun 14, 2012
    Absolutely atrocious. Doesn't live up to the hype, not by a long shot. Okay, after seeing the visually stunning and intriguing trailer aired for this game and reading the overwhelmingly positive reviews, I was very excited to pick this game up and dive in. I don't think I could have been more disappointed. First off, the stunning visuals displayed in the trailer were replaced by "pretty good" visuals in the game itself.
    When being compared to other games of this generation I give it's visuals a 7 out of 10. Actually, to be entirely honest with you I thought this was the game's strongest point. That was the first thing I noticed. Then came the control mechanics. Which to put it lightly where awkward and confusing with no natural flow and ease of use. The menus were even worse. For every minute spent in-game another three were spent in the terribly difficult and slow to navigate menus. But let us step away from the quickly frustrating controls and menus before I go into a fit of maniacal rage on the subject. (We'll save that for later.)

On now to the choppy, absolutely unnatural, and unimaginative dialog. I mean come on! I've seen more imaginative exchanges in episodes The Telitubbies! And they don't even use complete sentences! To be honest I wish I would have picked up a non-English version. I probably would've gotten more out of it!

After about 3 hours of hoping that the awesomeness that everyone was raving about was going to reveal itself, I couldn't take anymore abuse. I felt that blood pressure had doubled and my IQ had been halved. I'd had enough. It was with the excitement of someone that's found a dead rat in their home that I removed the disk from my console. I'm still sick about the $60 and 3 hours of my life that I'll never get back because of this disappointment. All in all, if Atari would have put half the vision and effort into the game as they did into the trailer they may have had something. And that's all I've got to say about that.
  65. May 31, 2012
    The Witcher has finally arrived on consoles, and what great game! ... I have played both witchers on the pc and I loved every bit of it. So, basicly, as a witcher fan, I gave it a try on the xbox 360... and god, they actually pulled it off. ... POSITIVES: - Fluent but challenging combat. - Potion-system (prepare for battle in different ways) - Great story and characters. - Crafting system. - Lore and locations. - Different ways to finish quests and the main story. - New tutorial system! ... NEGATIVES: - A few graphical hickups. Not many customisations character-wise (look) ... CONCLUSION: - The Witcher 2 on the xbox 360 is a great game. From combat that's entertaining and rewarding, to the complexity but interesting world that shapes according to the choices you make. ... Superb. Expand
  66. May 30, 2012
    I agree with what many of the negative reviews have said: the game is very linear, you can't walk off a 3-inch ledge and are constantly walled in, the combat is usually awkward and many times consists of rolling around avoiding enemies while your health regenerates (TERRIBLE choice for an RPG IMO), the potion system is annoying, and the lack of loot/equipment/customization is disappointing for a supposedly hardcore RPG.

But all of that *could* be forgiven, because as far as I'm concerned, whether you like W2 will come down to one thing: how much you're invested/interested in the story. I can appreciate that there's a complex story here, but I absolutely don't care about it or any of the characters. Also, for all the comments about how great and mature this game's writing is, I think in many places it's sloppy and juvenile. It has bizarrely anachronistic language for a game that's supposed to be in some alternate universe Middle Ages-type setting. Also, saying "cocksucker" a bunch isn't mature writing, it's how a college freshmen writes when they're trying to come off as older and edgy. Oh, and the sex scenes are laughably bad. So for me, W2 is a big disappointment, and I really tried to like it. In fact, I almost bought a gaming PC just so I could play this when it came out. Obviously it was a good decision not to do that.
  67. May 29, 2012
    Despite the fact this game came out with little fanfare,make no mistake,this is a top tier game! In fact its easily among the best RPG's ever made.It has such a rich world in the game,but then it is based on the novels.The game has a good story along with your usual side quests you get in RPG's.Like Skyrim,the game has a very deep character customisation system that you will have to work at for a long time to get anywhere on,but becomes so satisfying when your character starts to become more & more deadly as a result.Unlike most RPG's the enemys dont annoyingly level up with you,so you really start to feel the benefits of leveling up & getting more skills,but you'll still run into newer tougher enemies later on.Its satisfying though when you start beating enemies quite easily that were quite difficult earlier on in the game.Its a good basis for comparison for how your character is actually coming on.The game has dialog choices that can effect the story,but the real star of the show,suprisingly for this kind of game,is the combat.I cant stress enough how satisfying the combat IS in this game,parltly due to the satisfying melee combat,but also all the options open to you in combat.The combat is very reminiscent of Jade Empire & Assassins Creed,which anyone who's played those games will know,have excellent combat.It involves a very considered,tactical pace that requires you to be aware of where you are,whats around you,& where all the enemies are,as you move around,using your blocking & carefully timing your attacks & counter attacks(with various types of weapon,but you also have your silver sword to swith to & use for those monster class enemies).But thats just the melee combat.I mentioned that theres many other aspects in combat.In combat.Before combat,a Witcher(which is what you are,part of an elite guild of proffessional monster hunters thats been mutated & trained to fight monsters since you were a child)often prepares before beforehand.You can boost your stats up in various areas for quite some time by mixing(or buying)& drinking potions,putting oils & poisions on your weapons,& in combat itself,you have a wide array of tools at your disposal.On top of your standard attacks,you have traps & bombs that you can put on the ground/throw(which are easier to use than it sounds),ranged weapons & throwing daggers,special melee moves & a good selection of spells to employ,as as making enemies attack eachother,set them on fire,stun them allowing you to use cool execution moves,to spells of protection.Make no mistake,Witchers are very capable,& with all these options open to you in combat,it never gets old,trust me.
    If you've ever played a game,that is a long game,but also has combat that plays like an absolute dream,games like Mass Effect or Jade Empire,then you'll have an idea of the kind of game this is.The kind of game that you're glad is a long game,because you dont want it to end.This is one of those games.This game is highly polished & is RPG & combat system perfection,with a good story to boot,Hence my perfect 10.
  68. May 24, 2012
    This game will suck the soul out of anyone who has one.. i didnt even get out of my training path tree because i thought my mind might implode. I cant see how someone would enjoy a game like this.. I certainly wanted to but You dont really play it you just watch it and interact when it says press A button now Tap x Button.. zzzzzzzz zzz zzz zz z God am i alive ? The adult theme is a step in the right direction but at its best its just Another tedious bloated unsatisfying rpg.. If the game world was seamless it could be a success.. unfortunately walking through doors watching loading screens watching cutscene after cutscene is akin to watching paint dry, crack and peel off. This game is just one sigh after another. combat is slightly better than skyrim.. not saying much though. In fact its a disgrace. Skyrims was possibly the worst i have experienced.. This type of game with its cutscene extravaganza is the death, scourge and plague of modern day games.. Dont be fooled by the high scores theres a lot of very very special people out there.. Expand
  69. May 24, 2012
    I have no idea how this game has such a high rating. Its not for the open world loving RPG fans that will of played the likes of Skyrim, Oblivion and Fallout. This game is scarily similiar to Fable II. It has little to none leveling and upgrading abilities for your character taking any any unique feel to the game. The areas are quite beautiful graphically but small compared to other games. Pathways are set out and you cannot deter from them like a genuine sandbox game. This games only positive i can draw is the interactions with NPC's and dialog. If you want a game thats based purely on dialog and choices but not much substance out in the actual playing world then this is the game for you. Expand
  70. May 24, 2012
    A good concept that falls short in execution and game play. The story is interesting and original with some wonderous landscapes. Unfortunetely, the controls and battles are so complicated as to make the game near unplayable. Combat is performed through a series of trigger pulls and adjustments of the camera, all while keeping an eye on all opponents to figure out your counter attack timing, whether you should parry or dodge, as well as random alerts all over the screen. While one or two opponents are managable, a gaggle of foes will turn your experience into a wild slugfest, and the auto-save feature is unforgiving. Expect to die often and replay several stages over again. This game also suffers from being too closely tied into the first one, making you feel left out of conversations between characters, especially when given dialogue options. Overall, great idea that needed more work before finding its way to shelves. Expand
  71. May 23, 2012
    This is one of the most disappointing game purchases I've ever made. I read all the positive reviews, and rushed to Best Buy to put down my $60. I wanted to love this game. Unfortunately, after playing for a few hours, I really hate the game. Here is why. First session of playing the game, I start the tutorial. I get to the part that requires throwing a bomb - and the control to throw the bomb DOES NOT WORK. And the tutorial will not advance until you throw the bomb. No way to cancel the tutorial....I google the issue, its a bug. Have to exit the game and loose my progress so far. Restart the game, and have to replay 10 minutes of tutorial to get to the same point. 2nd play through the controls work.

That kind of bug getting through QA - just not acceptable.

Combat is another reason that I don't care for this game. There are too many cases where the combat is just no fun, and the controls seem to work against you. Specifically, if you use the lock-on feature - there is no rhyme or reason as to which enemy you will attack - and using the feature often has you diving into the middle of several enemies and quickly dying. Second, as you walk through the world - you will randomly get dropped into a group of mobs - and have very little chance of surviving the encounter. During these encounters - its not a question of playing well. You simply get overwhelmed by the number of enemies and you die. You then have to wait 1-2 minutes while the game stops, tells you you are dead, and you have to reload your most recent save. A poor design decision that really takes you out of the game. And since dying seems to happen fairly regularly, this process amounts to an unecessary frustration. There are plenty of other RPGs, that have a better design so that dying is a sign of challenge - but doesn't lead to anger and frustration. Next, is the quest and map system. At multiple points in the first chapter - you will be left clueless as to where you have to go to move the quest along. Sometimes the map will show you a general direction - but at others it gives no useful information. So you will spend 30-40 minutes wandering around cursing trying to figure out how to advance the quest and the game. Worse, however, is a quest system that actually breaks a main quest into 2-3 separate quests in your quest log. And, its unclear that you have to finish multiple separate quests before trying to tackle the boss fight at the end of the quest chain. So, in my case - I'm in a boss fight that I cannot win - because i didn't realize I need to finish a separate quest to manufacture a special trap. So....I can basically lose 2-3 hours of gameplay; or, I can stop playing the game.

Finally, I spent way too much time watching cut scenes that are meant to convey the complex story. With brief forays into actually playing the game. Followed by a lot more cut scenes. Followed by a brief amount of game play.

Don't get me wrong - there is an interesting and complex story in this game. But, too many of the developer's design decisions make actually playing the game a frustrating and un-fun proposition. I enjoyed the story - but I never enjoyed playing the game. The combat controls work against you, and the quest design and map/UI are confusing and useless multiple times in the first chapter.

I don't mind a challenge, or dying. I enjoy demon souls | dark souls. I do mind a game that has poor design choices, and pulls you out of the game too frequently. After getting into the boss fight w/no chance of winning without significant back tracking - I'm going to trade the game in.
  72. May 23, 2012
    one of the best RPG of today, great combat system, locations and characters. the red engine really works. congratulations to the entire CD project red team.
  73. May 22, 2012
    An incredible RPG that felt different, apparently hard to do these days. For those expecting open world, don't. For those expecting new game +, don't. If you have a bit of time to learn the combat, I played through on easy first playthrough then Dark difficulty, give it a try. Buy it, rent it, steal it.
  74. May 22, 2012
    Having just completed the game. I honestly feel this is one of the best experiences I have had with an Xbox game and I have played most AAA titles. The difference with the Witcher 2 compared to many games like Halo, Bioshock, Elder Scrolls etc... it it's solid M rating. This game is not for children at all this is M all the way. It feature full nudity and lots of cursing. This would be very comparable to HBO's Game of Thrones. Being an adult gamer, I appreciate the "no holds barred" approach. Many games these days are overly juvenile. Some core review info. Graphics. Exceptionally great with the exception of lot's of texture pop in, This is minimized when installed to disc and eventually isn't noticed much later in the game. Story. Easily the strongest point this is a fully realized world with fully realized characters, it is philosophical, emotion, and most importantly fun. I had several laugh out loud moments with the humor of some dialogue branches. Gameplay. While it does have a steep learning curve, once you get the hand of it, it can be very rewarding to turn up the difficulty and try some deeper strategy with potions, mutagens, traps, and enhancements. Overall I found the experience one of a kind and truly had to think about my choices and enjoyed seeing the results of my actions in the world. With multiple playthoughs and different side quests and difficulty options. Truly once is not enough. Highly Recommended!

Summary:
    Graphics: 9 (only due to persistent texture pop in)
    Gameplay: 10 (hard at first but intriguing and challenging strategies await the devoted)
    Story: 10 (Wow just Wow, Mystery, Intrigue, Sex, and Violence, what more could you want?)
    Overall: 10 (Fully realized Adult Oriented RPG/ACTION experience) (One of Kind and Unforgettable)
  75. May 22, 2012
    Great story, beautiful graphics, interesting but complex gameplay, what more can you want from The Witcher 2? Just get this amazing rpg, there is so much too do...
  76. May 21, 2012
    Where should I start... The Witcher 2 is a massive game in terms of it lore and general setting. The graphics are devine and I was constantly astounded at the efforts that where put into it, down to the smallest details. The story is rich (perhaps a bit too rich but I'll get to that) and engaging and pushes you as a player to reveal more and more of the plot. The voice acting is top notch and totally believable however some of the random NPCs can get a little old in their chatter if you hang around too long in one area. The fighting was for the most part challenging on a normal difficulty but you always felt confident that should you fail you where the one who could improve your strategy and not that the game had simply let you down. If I had to fault one thing it would be the amount of detail the play has to remember, this can be a little hard if you are like me and terrible with names and such. I found myself having to occasionally refer to my Journal to reference who I had just spoke to or spoken about. The plots are deep and very entangled and this can be a little confusing form time to time and to be honest I often wondered why I was doing this or that task (it's almost as if you are afraid to stop playing for too long in-case you forget what was happening). All in all it is a stunning game and if you're willing to put some effort into indulging into the world of Gerald the Witcher you will walk away pumped for the next chapter in the story! Expand
  77. May 20, 2012
    This is the most disappointed I've been in a game since FFXIII. The good Great looking game and great voice acting. The character models and voice acting combine to imbue the NPCs with character far more than any game I've ever played. Some atmospheric quests. When it clicks, the combat requires more tactical thought than perhaps any rpg except Demons Souls. The bad Witcher 2 runs on the rails for far too long before letting you go.
    Worst boss battle ever - the Kayran battle seems to hinge purely on luck as to whether your trap freezes the tentacle you were aiming for.
    Geralt dodge rolls like a drunken turtle. Upgraded the 'skill' as soon as possible, but couldn't tell any difference.
    Worst mini game ever - dice poker - can't even read the dice, clicked randomly to eventually win.
    Why can't I drink potions when I want?
    Running around trying to find next character in quest with no help from terrible, terrible map (how hard is it to have resident's names on houses?)
    Terrible menu system. There's more, but to sum up, don't bother.
  78. May 19, 2012
    Great story, plenty of humour, superb voice acting, complicated and interesting side quests. Choices you make do matter. Finally on XboX. Great game.
  79. May 18, 2012
    The Witcher 2 is one of the best RPG of this year. Is a seriously contender for the GOTY in it's category (RPG). I hope that Microsoft public more excellent games from PC because that is the way to obtain more hardcore gamers to their console. Thanks CDProjekt. The only thing that I think the game needs is replay after the end, only that.
  80. May 18, 2012
    Simply fantastic game. The best RPG that come out on consoles. The story, combat, graphics, the whole world is just amazing. Worth playing multiple times.
  81. May 17, 2012
    The Witcher 2 has a very solid mature story that is definitely it's main pull. I'm not sure how many technical problems there are on the PC version but the 360 version has more than it's fair share. With a few quests needing to be re-loaded to finish off and others with inaccurate tracker text. It can also be a bit confusing at times to know exactly where to go and which quests you should be tackling, but all in all it's still a very enjoyable game, mainly due to the very involving story and characters and some genuinely difficult decisions. Expand
  82. May 17, 2012
    An incredibly engrossing adult fantasy game. Being an avid Tom and Jerry fan, I think I've become an somewhat of an authority on violence. Let me tell you, as an authority, this game blows Tom and Jerry out of the water. There's also a lot of sex, and I like sex. Don't be fooled by these 0 reviews. I have a theory that they're all from rival developers who want to besmirch Witcher 2's good name. That's right, I'm talking about a conspiracy that goes real deep. Pentagon deep. I know because I'm actually Jesse Ventura, and I got these no good crooks marked. I'm putting all of you 0-rating developers on notice! You better beware, because now you're messing with Jesse "The Mind" Ventura!

haha, I'm so smart.

83. May 15, 2012
    I missed the PC version as I'm a console gamer and I must say, i regret every bit of it. The story, choice mechanic and character development is better than Dragon Age, and the actual gameplay is very different to other RPG's (particularly with the potions and magic), I really felt like my choices had an impact and I am already looking forward for 3 when that comes out :) However, i found the 3rd chapter to be really short, but it still doesn't take away the overall feeling and impression. Expand
  84. May 15, 2012
    This game was just amazing. It has been a long time since ive played a game more than once within one week of beating it. The graphics were damn beautiful, the gameplay was fluid and near perfect with a hiccup once in a blue moon, and the story was just freaking amazing. It had such good character development, if you chose Iorveths path, and it really made you feel as if the characters Iorveth and Roche were your buddies, or you wished they were real people you could be-friend. The game is truly deserving of the M rating so kids beware or youll be playing with little chubs throughout the game lol. I loved the game so much i even bought Geralts outfit for my xbox live avatar. the story was freaking amazing as many of the choices you made had severe repercussions if you didnt think them through, I did 2 play through's so far, one in normal difficulty and the second one in Dark difficulty. Its no Skyrim in terms of you can explore for days but where it does beat Skyrim is in the story. This is one of those games that has to be played. With all that said, go buy it or borrow it from a friend and then go buy it. If you let your self get immersed into the world of the witcher 2, you will want to see all 16 endings.

Hope this review helped some of you decide to get it :D
  85. May 15, 2012
    In my opinion "The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings" is simply the best game ever; great storyline, great gameplay, great graphics on 360 and incredible atmpsphere. Can't wait for the witcher 3 !
  86. May 14, 2012
    Having had the time to really sink my teeth into this one, I can easily say it is one of the most satisfying titles of a long, long while. It really is a game that, whether you like it or not, does not restrict itself in order to pacify those who maybe aren't equipped to handle a hardcore experience. This is (sadly) something rarely seen in games today.

This is one of the first rpg's in a
    long while that left me truly satisfied. Skyrim was too shallow and it's quests mediocre. Kingdoms of Amalur's world and quest design was too restrictive and static. This game hits the mark in most areas I concern myself with when it comes to rpgs. Geralt, while a pre-established main character, holds a lot of personality, and the developers still found ways for you to make him your own. The character development is deep and varied, allowing for vastly different tactics through different playthroughs. Your actions have real weight and consequence to them. So much so that the entire second chapter can be flipped, offering a vastly different experience depending on the choices you make. And the world, while mostly linear, is highly detailed, allowing me to really put myself into the game. Anyway, I really couldn't recommend this game enough. Easily one of the top rpg's to be found on console (or pc for that matter) this generation. Show CD Projekt some love and buy this game, whether it be on pc, or on the 360. Expand
  87. May 13, 2012
    Fantastic game! Games like The Witcher 2 only come around once in a while. It has amazing graphics and artwork, a great story, convincing voice acting, and exciting action. I enjoyed playing a title that is directed to a more adult gamer. I hope more titles like this start popping up. A great achievement by CD PROJECT RED.
  88. May 12, 2012
    that is nice game The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition i has been finished, i have difficult way,just shared the good trainer i used THE WITCHER 2 Assassins Of Kings +6 Trainer games at cheatncode.com enjoy for fun dude
  89. May 9, 2012
    Very disappointing game. By and large you play the game on rails, you can wander a bit around the location you're currently in, but thats it. An example would be in a wood, where you can't leave the predefined paths - you may be the mighty witcher, but you cant cross a small bush to a path you can see just the other side of it, you have to wind your way around the predefind paths. Hope you're psychic too, because the potions you need for combat you have to take before you even know a combat encounter is coming. Expect to lose a fight, restart, take your potions then fight all over again. Frustrating and spoils the flow of the game. You'll need some ear plugs too, because there is loads and loads and loads of unecessary swearing. It may give the teens a giggle, but it starts to feel like the spongebob 'spicy language' episode after a while and just gets tedious and faintly ridiculous. Expect lots of americanisms in the broadly british voice acting. Lost of good welsh, scots, irish and english voiceovers, but hearing them say words like "holler'ing" instead of "shouting" just spoils the medieval atmosphere completely. Oh and don't worry, the hero has an american accent. Bottom line, I sold this game just three days (and about 5 hours gaming) after buying it. Maybe I was spoilt by Oblivion and Skyrim, but I found I even preferred Divinity to Witcher2. Expand
  90. May 7, 2012
    The first thing that struck me about the Witcher 2 was the complex menu system. I wasn't too surprised in the beginning considering that every new RPG that I've played took a little getting use to before accessing the menu to become second nature, but with this game I was still turned around trying to navigate my way through the inventory, journals and potion making right to the very end of the game. The menu looks like it still accommadates a mouse rather than a controller. That's really the biggest issue I have with the game. I liked the combat as it reminded me of Fable's speed and flourishing and not the usual weightless fighting that most other RPG's display. The story was one of the best that I have had the privilege to play out, although it did seem rather short. Being an RPG veteran, I usually know how to manage sidequests to get the full playability of a game. But in this one I seemed to stumble upon the mainquest unintentionally, thereby, locking my sidequest out and moving on to the next chapter. After playing it once through, I feel I can go back and stay away from the mainquest in order to experience the full game, but I would have preferred to have done that in the first play through. I don't need to say anything about how great the artwork and graphics are in this game because its screen shots speak for themselves. The voice acting is topnotch even for the minor characters and nondescript townspeople in the game. I appreciate the obvious care and effort the developers put into this game and feel all companies should reach this standard the CDprojeckt has shown. Too bad this game didn't have a censor option to avoid the gratuitous vulgarity and nudity because I was limited to certain times to play this game for the reason I have small children in the house. Very good game but it didn't leave me blown away like I thought it was going to. Expand
  91. May 6, 2012
    The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings took a leap and set out to make an adventure not only worth of every RPG lover's while, but every fast action packed sword play admirers. With solid non-linear story telling, unique sword play and fluid controls, astonishing original sound track and amazingly rendered backgrounds and memorable characters and dialog choices, it is truly a game of excellent and genuine role playing experience. Expand
  92. May 6, 2012
    The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition XBOX 360 â
  93. May 5, 2012
    I am a huge RPG fan, I love the genre and want to see all the different paths it takes so when I first heard about The Witcher 2 and the praise it was receiving I wanted to play it, the problem? I don't have a PC that can play games like that so I was sadly left out, but they thankfully made this console port, but I have to say I am disappointed with what The Witcher 2 had to offer, don't get me wrong it's a good game and I had fun playing through it, it's got solid and challenging combat (well, until you level up, then it becomes easy), deep choices that effect everything in the story, where you go, who you see, and what you do. And it's an experience aimed not only at the most mature audiences (seriously parents, keep you kids as far away as possible), but also an experience that is aimed at the most hardcore of RPG players. But when I compare this game to others RPG's I've played it doesn't stack up to it's hefty competition in the gameplay department, the combat is smooth for the most part but there are some issues with the lock on system and at times the camera, each chapter has it's own location that your going to have to explore in order to complete quests, but there design is so awful you'll often find yourself getting lost in the maze like location filled with dead ends with the almost 100% useless map, I encountered one or two almost quest breaking glitches (luckily I found my way around the glitches or the game managed to fix itself after a bit), and the story is hampered by passable to downright poor voice acting, and speaking of things hampering the story Geralt is for the most part unlikable, his friend range from good to great but he's just ok, the graphics hold up well but they're far from the best, and it's just not as much fun to play as other RPG's. I did have fun with it and want to see where they take the Witcher series from here and how the series story ultimately concludes. I recommend it to people who have either been curious about it or are looking for a more hardcore RPG, but I was ultimately disappointed with it. It's good but not great and will only click with a certain audience, but it's far from the worst out there. Expand
  94. May 4, 2012
    This is a condensed version of my review, just to get it to fit on metacritic. Please read the full review at www.veterangamers.co.uk
    Attention fellow gamers, man your Xbox, and don your poop socks! This game is epic.

As I was driving to work yesterday, I caught myself actually falling asleep at the wheel. I spilled coffee all over my crotch and that didnâ
  95. May 4, 2012
    Please just let me tell you few important things. It is one of the best RPG productions that have ever been released. Great, great story what is probably the most important part of that kind of game. Decision making is incredible because finally, you are able to play your game how you want and create your own story. Game play is made so nice and friendly on the console version. Graphics, physics and the general climate of the game will make you donâ Expand
  96. May 3, 2012
    Great game, my sole complaint would be a bit short final act, but then again, you do get to play two completely different sides starting from the end of act 1, which makes the game that much longer. next to Skyrim, best RPG fantasy game out there for 360.
  97. May 3, 2012
    One of best games i ever played.
    Feels like an open world game, the world is big , lot of exploration to do and lots of side-quests to complete.
    Amazing storyline, for adults, and non-linear story... every choice change your game.
    Im a fan of cd projekt now, i cant wait for Witcher 3
  98. May 3, 2012
    I'm giving this game a 10 despite the fact that it has faults i'll make that clear now. The inventory system in is not really designed to be quickly accesible, despite importing a saved game I barely heard about any of my decisions in the first game, and having to drink potions out of battle, while realistic, isn't something I like. Yet despite these flaws the witcher is one of the best fantasy RPGs I've ever played. The combat itself is satisfying and tense, and while it is easy to die it never feels especially cheap when you do. The leveling system is smart but sparse on points so by the end of the game you can't have the majority of the skills, or even a third of them, which really makes you think about which skills benefit your style the most as you can never have a maxxed character. The real draw is the story however, the dark gritty world where there is no clear right or wrong for any choice is something most games aren't capable of. When you play this game you will be sitting staring at the screen pondering which option to take, and sometimes the game will only give you a couple seconds to choose an option, enhancing the "Oh s*** what do I do!?!?" moments. The choices have consequences as well, depending on how you play through act 1 you can get a completely different version of act 2 so you really get to feel the impact you have on the story. When you play this game you will be sucked into a world full of political intrigue, war and racism from all sides, and the way you react to this world depends on what kind of witcher you want Geralt to be. If you like choice driven RPGs then this game cannot be missed, it has some flaws, but CDProjeckt did their job so well in most areas they can be overlooked quite easily. Expand
  99. May 2, 2012
    Review from 306 perspective only - just finished the game. Story was great, decent graphics and terrific sound, but just can't bring myself to do another play-thru. World is too restrictive, clunky menus, not enough interaction with environment; game just seems a bit dated. I was expecting a little more from the Witcher 2, but IMO it's not even as strong a release as DAO. Meh....
  100. May 2, 2012
    I was waiting in anticipation for this game, and it didnâ
  101. Apr 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers. Witcher 2 does what Dragon Age 2 should have done to DA1 aswell. Namely, making a great RPG even greater. You don't have to bump down a RPG when you add a realtime action combat system. You don't have to recycle the same locations all the freaking time. You don't have to make the game look cartoony and much much much easyer. Bioware look at the real pro's cause CD Projekt whooped your butt there. Yes Witcher 2 is hard on medium difficulty. But its so satisfying when you defeat that boss or group of thugs. You really have to find a patern and adjust to it. Potions are a must. Making sure you got the right gear is a must. But unlike other games i haven't found it frustrating yet. Although i had to peek how to defeat the swamp monster cause the entire game you can't just jump on obstacles just like that and suddenly you have to without me knowing you could...died there allot of time dodging what he trew at me before i knew how to progress, then it was easy. XD Collapse

1. Jul 13, 2012
    Witcher 2 is a throwback in a lot of ways to old PC games, which certainly appeals to me. The delivery method is modern, no doubt, but the fact there's a lot of poking and prodding (and death) that happens even early on has me anxious for another instalment.
  2. Jun 26, 2012
    The high bar of visuals is followed by a good score, and descent acting, some of the spell and combat audio has a edge to it that sounds lower quality then the rest of the audio landscape.
  3. Jun 17, 2012
    The Xbox 360 port is an impressive technical accomplishment that brings a classic PC RPG experience to a new audience. The transition is not flawless, but those who stick with it will be rewarded with an intriguing and entertaining experience.