7.8

1. SeanB.
    Aug 31, 2007
    What happened to my Tiger? Something changed for the worse in the last year, I cant hit a ball anymore and the skill progression is messed up. The game still looks very nice and I love the amount of courses (which seem cleaner and more polished), but it feels like certain areas of the game were completely neglected - and those are the areas I play! Sheesh, the thing crashed on me three What happened to my Tiger? Something changed for the worse in the last year, I cant hit a ball anymore and the skill progression is messed up. The game still looks very nice and I love the amount of courses (which seem cleaner and more polished), but it feels like certain areas of the game were completely neglected - and those are the areas I play! Sheesh, the thing crashed on me three times during the challenges. Not only that but I cant get the photoface feature to work and cant get through an online game at all. This game feels hurried out the door and in comparison, there are many less gameplay features from years past. I think they underestimate their audience and think throwing more courses at us will make up for downgraded gameplay and features. Putting is too easy and I grow so tired of the un-funny dialog. The commentators are tired and I think I cant stand them anymore. The dialog is wrong more often than not. While this is the best golf game out there, that doesnt say much and will stick to last years game if I can find someone to play it with. I expected more out of the madden guys, but then again, they did also make the Superman turdball. Expand
  2. MatC.
    Sep 4, 2007
    This game defines mediocrity, and the problem of having too many features. For every step forward, there's a big step back. Putting is easy, and they made it easier. The CPU takes drops for no particular reason. They spend too much time on their photo stuff, but then it doesn't work because their servers are crashed and the game won't accept photos via USB. There are bad This game defines mediocrity, and the problem of having too many features. For every step forward, there's a big step back. Putting is easy, and they made it easier. The CPU takes drops for no particular reason. They spend too much time on their photo stuff, but then it doesn't work because their servers are crashed and the game won't accept photos via USB. There are bad camera angles, but there doesn't have to be, since it's selecting poor angles when good ones exist. Commentary is very 5 years ago, and I have to turn it off immediately. More courses are locked than not on start. Why lock courses at all? They have lots of new equipment, but no hybrids. You have to carry a 56* wedge, and there's no emphasis on major differences like shaft flexibility. This game doesn't have to be a sim all the time; we use Tiger Woods! That's hardly a sim. But the reality is that there is more emphasis on skin spots than having a reliable play between 50-90 yards. Wedges under 30 yds are a crap shoot rather than a realistic short play, and the sickening part is that there's no real reason for it. Too much unrealized potential... this game should be called Sergio Garcia '08. Expand

1. Official Xbox Magazine
    It packs enough pure dazzle power to keep you trudging through the lows in pursuit of the sweet, sweet highs - and that's the stuff that great golf is made of. [Oct 2007, p.68]
    No doubt about it Tiger Woods 08 offers up an excellent round of 360 golf. The gameplay upgrades are right on and GamesNet promises unlimited potential for online action.
  3. Sometimes when you’re golfing you nail a hole because you bail yourself out with a superb putt, chip, or tee shot. But this game is instead like masterfully shot hole, where each stroke feels just right.