7.7

1. JamieC
    Sep 1, 2008
    Nice graphics, although a tad 'boxy' at times. The gameplay is good, but not really that different then any of the other Tiger games. Putting is ridiculous as missing the hole by an inch when putting uphill can result in the ball stopping in its uphill motion and then rolling back down the hill past your original spot! The attributes system works in strange ways too as I managed Nice graphics, although a tad 'boxy' at times. The gameplay is good, but not really that different then any of the other Tiger games. Putting is ridiculous as missing the hole by an inch when putting uphill can result in the ball stopping in its uphill motion and then rolling back down the hill past your original spot! The attributes system works in strange ways too as I managed to set a course record firing a -11, and yet all my skills decreased by at least .2 each. Tiger Challenge makes the game playable, as with all other Tiger games since the mini games and challenges are fun and rewarding. Match play against a cpu with no fast forward is tedious though. Tournament play also needs some serious tweaking as every single round at least 4 cpu players break the course record. -25 under for a 4 round tournament will get you approximately 30th place, wheres the realism? I shouldnt be able to drive the green of a par five after having the game an hour. Is this arcade style golf? Expand
  2. Apr 13, 2017
    Pas terrible graphiquement, on voit bien que le budget alloué à cette série (pourtant annuelle, ceci expliquant cela ?!) n'a pas permis un vrai jeu digne de la génération HD malgré le logo "EA HD" au démarrage. C'est presque du foutage de gueule...

Enfin presque, car le jeu reste très complet et très personnalisable par ailleurs. Le swing au stick est pourri et peu intuitif et si la méthode (éprouvée) des 3 clics est heureusement disponible, elle se révèle presque aussi peu maniable, la faute à un timing beaucoup trop rigide même en tapant tranquillement. L'élève Tiger Woods peut et doit donc faire beaucoup mieux que cela.

1. It's great that Tiger 09 doesn't add 17 new mini-games, but instead reformulates its approach to your golfer's skills and gear with dramatically improved results. [Oct 2008, p.81]
    Tiger 09 is remarkably improved across the board.
  3. I’m not sure why EA stripped away features that already worked beautifully. I wish this year’s five new courses were just the beginning of the additions instead of one of the highlights, but it’ll have to do while we wait for a course creator.