7.7

1. Nov 27, 2010
    I think the so called "official" reviewers need to start taking a step back and start to think a bit more when reviewing sports games that release a new version each year, and only review what is put in front of them as a new game. I myself haven't played a Tiger Woods gold game since the early noughties, and I needed a game I could chill out to following some surgery.
    I bought this game
    and found it to be truly amazing graphically, and the gameplay was slightly difficult but had a decent learning curve which didn't take too long to master. Some nice touches like the focus metre, and the online is fairly slick and a joy to play. Expand
  2. Jan 15, 2014
    I'll start with the negatives. Firstly, as is always the case with EA Sports titles, very little has really changed from previous versions and as far as I'm concerned you only need buy one Tiger Woods game per console generation. Secondly it is still too arcade orientated (and easy, scores of better than 15 under par are normal) for those of us wanting a proper simulation and finally, despite Links featuring the option ten years ago, there is still no course editor/designer to be found.

Having said all that the Tiger Woods series is now the only real option for golf fans. The presentation and gameplay, including the analogue swing control introduced back in the PS2 days, are of the highest quality and I certainly spent many an enjoyable hour attempting the games online* and offline challenges.

*Online challenges now unavailable as the EA servers have been switched off.
  3. Dec 31, 2011
    They have developed tremendous graphics and playing ability only to lose it in technicalities. The previews are all bad........ the putting has become impossible... the putting previews work about four times then quit, on several holes the only clubs you're allowed are twice what you need and you can't really cut down on the percentage of power in this one..... options are hard to locate and worthless in some cases.... very discouraging, in general. Expand

1. Tiger Woods 11 is yet another fairly successful fine tune from EA. The game certainly does not break the mould or truly push the envelope in terms of creativity, but there are enough good ideas here to make it a worthwhile purchase, especially if you have given the last few titles the cold shoulder.
  2. While the new features are certainly interesting, the series hasn't moved on significantly enough to make it a must-have title. That having been said, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 is the best Tiger Woods game to date.
  3. If you have any interest in golf, you should give Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 a serious look. It's not perfect by any stretch, but it's addictive and fun, and there's plenty to do before you'll get bored with it.